• Pros

• "Good and reasonable pricing, well designed, easy to use, and excellent support."

• "I think populi did a great job making their interface super easy to access and basic. It was easy to distinguish where the main pages were located. "

• "It is difficult to say; documentation is exhaustive and the product is very well crafted and incredibly intuitive, but perhaps customer support is probably one of the best I have ever experienced!"

• Cons

• "Well it is hard to find a particular part that I do not like. May be some other staffs from different department could find a feature they don't like. But for my use, this program is very well made. "

• "There are some limitations with email templates and financial/billing functions, but these have been minor limitations. "

• "Training could be more in-depth and specific to each department. Faculty in particular seem to have a hard time with transition."

Browse Populi Reviews

Kristen from The Seattle School of Theology & Psychology

Great all-in-one SIS

Pros

This software is very intuitive, and staff, faculty and students have gotten completely up to speed in a very short period of time. Being hosted on the web means students and staff can log in from anywhere with any device and backups are taken care of automatically. The built in LMS features are really robust and have eliminated the need for google classroom, survey monkey, and other fixes we had been using. I am also very impressed with the built in reporting; there are preset reports for clearinghouse, IPEDS, retention etc.. and the ad-hoc reporting tool allows for almost unlimited custom reporting. The support staff team are very kind and responsive, and the data conversion from our old system was virtually painless. When searching for a new SIS we interviewed over 8 firms and are very glad we settled on Populi.

Cons

There are very few things we have found that we wanted that the system was not already set up to do, but for these you can always suggest product enhancements to the support team.

Martin from Providence University College & Seminary

Best SIS system for smaller colleges that we have used

We couldn't be happier. Our sales contact gave us multiple demos of the different modules, trained us and was there for us during every step of the implementation. Everything was done remotely but it works well and there is no additional cost, which is extraordinary. I have helped implement three different SIS systems and the data transfer to Populi was the most efficient and painless I have experienced. The customer support is responsive and goes above and beyond what I expected. Overall they seem to really care about our success and we enjoy working with them.

Pros

It's designed by people who obviously understand the needs of a higher education institution. It is easy to use, intuitive, flexible and fast. You don't have to find ways to work-around problem areas, it just works amazingly well. The integrated LMS is smooth and very capable. The integration of the different modules e.g. student billing and financial aid, is seamless. The customer support is amazing. The implementation costs are next to zero.

Cons

It is designed to be simple to use so reporting and security permissions are not as flexible as our previous system. We have adapted to that though because the benefits far outweigh the drawbacks. The customer support team also run customized reports for us when we need them and they are constantly making improvements to the system.

January 2016

Ozlen from American Islamic College

January 2016

You get what you pay for and perhaps a little less!

Pros Easy to register, add students, course scheduling. Fast customer service however, not very satisfying responds. Cons It is not user friendly, very difficult to customize features. Even sending emails to selected students is a hassle. Adding meeting times to courses is awfully difficult and annoying. If you are a new, small institution and need statistics / have to be able to pull out a data any minute when requested I would not recommend this product. Our application information wasn't transferring to system and we found out after customer service that our application was not set right. The reason for that is Populi updated their admissions feature a while ago but our applications were not adopted to new system. So I had to enter age, gender, address, email etc manually for the each student in the system to be able to have an accurate data. No help offered for an error caused by their own management system! Again reporting features lack accuracy and not customizable. For accreditation purposes I found this system not reliable, I will start looking for alternatives.

Response from Populi

Replied January 2016

Hi Ozlen, I didn't realize how frustrated you were after our conversation yesterday! My apologies. I don't remember discussing your difficulties emailing students or adding meeting times. I'd be happy to hop back on the phone to go over that with you! Regarding applications, its true that we updated admissions a couple of years ago and released a bunch of new features. Applications that were set up before that time have to be tweaked to take advantage of the new features, but I'd be happy to schedule a time to work through that with you. I think there were only a few fields that needed to be tweaked, but lets set up a time and we can make sure its good to go! Again, I'm sorry that you've had a frustrating experience. We'll be in touch to see if we can win back your loyalty! Sincerely, Isaac Grauke, CEO Populi

Jeremy from Wyandotte Family Church

Easy to use but watch out for formatting

Populi seems to be an overall better experience than Canvas both from the user standpoint and the administrator standpoint. It is nice having all of the information I need for my classes right at my fingertips.

Pros

Populi has an app which ensures that I do not miss any comments or messages from my professors. It makes it easy to review my grades and keep track of my progress. I also can download the current syllabus on to my phone to access whenever needed.

Cons

The only drawback to Populi is the process of reviewing papers after the professors have commented on them. It isn't that big of a deal, but one has to login to the website in order to see the comments and recommendations. It would make it a little bit more convenient to be able to access this feature in the app. There has also been times when the footnote formatting somehow was changed changed during the upload process. I let my professors know about the issue just in case it happens again.

Emily from Montessori Northwest

Populi works great for our Montessori training programs

We use Populi as a database for our prospective and current students, alumni, workshop attendees, donors, and general community members. We use it for marketing of events and courses, overall communications with our leads and community. We also use it to manage the academic requirements and assignments of our current students. It has overall streamlined the process of review of student work, communication and discussion between faculty and students, among students, and allowed us to consider distance learning models for our upcoming courses. Overall, the experience has been great!

Pros

Populi is very customizable, with great options to optimize its many functions for our unique organization. The developers and staff at Populi are extremely responsive and helpful, responding quickly and thoroughly to all of our many questions and requests.

Cons

As with any system, there are times when we run into functionalities that we would like and do not yet exist. I do feel like Populi is responsive and makes improvements based on features requests whenever possible.

Dean from Kingswood University

A Jack of all Trades for Education Management

This product was in place when I arrived in my role supporting it. It seems to be the choice of many smaller (< 300 student) post-secondary schools. It has served us well for tracking student records but there are lots of little annoyances that cause us to adjust our workflows in order to use the product. It would seem if you had no processes in place and wanted to follow their recommended ones, it would suit you well.

Pros

- Web based - Easy to use - API offers advanced access to data - Customer service is responsive (the CEO often replies to requests)

Cons

- Tries to do too much - It handles Student Information well, but our finance department doesn't prefer it and our Faculty use it for tracking marks, but don't particularly like it as an LMS - Data exports are limited - I had to code an application in PHP to work with the API to get enrolment information out in a usable format - Roles are not customizable - We have student call teams who can only access basic contact details if we give them a staff role (which gives them too much access)

April 2014

Jason from Bethlehem College and Seminary

April 2014

Thankful for Populi

Bethlehem College and Seminary is a small Christian college which sprung from Bethlehem Baptist Church and the preaching of John Piper. For over 10 years, Bethlehem Baptist had a non-degree granting institution. In 2009, after John Piper encouraged the leadership to launch a seminary, we realized that managing student data and finances would be critical. This began a search for low cost college management software that was designed for school with less than 500 students. In 2009, there were few options. In addition to low cost and designed for small schools, we wanted a web-based solutions, because we did not have the resources or personnel to run our own servers. In addition, we are an Apple shop, and most all college management software ran on Windows servers. Then we discovered Populi. With a flat monthly rate and a low per student monthly rate, Populi fit our financial model. In addition, Populi was web-based. This meant that we did not need to purchase any additional hardware, and all of our staff, faculty, and students were able to access the software without any additional client side software besides a web browser. The Populi staff worked hard to help us transition our Excel files of student data into their database. They answered the phone in person and assisted us with all of our configuration. The website was simple enough that we learned on the fly. With any new venture, there are bumps and hiccups along the way, but we were able to work through those. Over the last 5 years, we have grown at nearly 25% per year. Populi has seamlessly grown with us. They continue to improve the product and provide additional services, and so far, have not raised the price. One recent improvement was additional Admissions applications. Since we are both a college and seminary, it was very important for us to have two different application processes. This solved a lot of headaches for us. Five years later, this school is still very thankful for Populi.

Alfredo from Maitripa College

Populi is simple, elegant, secure, intuitive, with comprehensive features and well documented.

All possible

Pros

Cons

With Populi, you can manually request a backup of the complete database on a daily basis, which generates and lets you download a CSV file with all the data, which is a nice feature, but I really miss the ability to schedule it on a regular basis and perhaps have it transferred to a secondary cloud storage.

Response from Populi

Replied September 2017

Thanks for the feedback, Alfredo! One note - you can schedule/automate backups using the API. We will consider making that an option without having to make use of the API. Thanks!

Grace from New Saint Andrews College

User Friendly - Great Customer Service

Pros

So grateful for such effective software. Not only is Populi user-friendly and easy to navigate, but the level of customer service is unmatched. Pre-set reports are such a time-saver, and I'm loving all the new training videos/webinars. Would recommend this product!

Cons

Honestly, nothing significant enough to mention.

Jeremy from Corptax

Decent tool in Online learning

Populi has good qualities for registration, communication, and finance. You have to have an internet connection for the lecture files as they are not downloadable audio/video. Would be nice if they added more controls for the notifications within a class discussion. And icons - we are past the DOS era

Pros

Being able to interact with others in an online class is important. The interaction aids the learning in asynchronous classes

Cons

The special coding required to format text is cumbersome. Instead of the traditional format icons, you must use character references. For example, to superscript you must use the ^ before and after the word. Same is true for italics or bold, just different indicators.

Isaac from John & Charles Wesley Center, Inc.

Populi provides a solid solution for online learning

Overall Populi has been a very solid product for e-learning. Although it is not an elegant or beautiful UX, it gets the job done and would be a fine solution for any online learning needs.

Pros

Populi is a stable and decently feature rich platform of online learning. They offer the ability to create online lessons, quizzes, tests, embed videos, upload assignments, creature student and teacher profiles, line to resources, and nearly any other feature you may need for an online platform.

Cons

Compared to some competitors however, Populi is limited. It is does have a bit of a learning curve, the overall aesthetics are plain and lacking, it can be cumbersome to locate assignments or documents if the professor has not uploaded them in the right spot, and there is a user fee that must be paid by the institution (not directly by the user).

September 2016

Ozlen from American Islamic College

September 2016

Great for small institutions

Even though, I had some trouble with pulling data previously with customer support we had overcome most of the obstacles. I believe with right training the program can accommodate most of our needs as small institution. I highly recommend populi to small institutions like us with an advise to inquire and receive proper training when you initial start using it. Don't hesitate to ask for training and make sure to allow your staff a time for training.

Pros

Accommodates small institutions with very reasonable pricing. Customer support is very responsive to inquiries.

Cons

Learning how to use efficiently needs a proper training by Populi expert. It is difficult to learn by self training through videos and tips.

Joshua from Awakening Church

Gets the Job Done

Populi does everything we need it to do, where in the past we've had to use multiple programs for grading, attendance, and messaging. It does seem a bit basic and simple, but it gets the job done.

Pros

Populi has the ability to log grades, take automatic attendance via bluetooth, send school-wide messages and emails, as well as host online content like quizzes and discussions. It has all the essential tools at your disposal.

Cons

The user interface in Populi doesn't appear very streamlined or modern. It leaves a bit to be desired in terms of streamlining student profiles and their ability to interact on the platform.

Kim from Peace River Bible Institute

Overall it is an excellent product and serves us well.

Pros

It keeps improving and is more useful today than it was when we bought in (2011). They listen to feature requests from the users and try to accommodate. Service is prompt and helpful. They fix things or educate in how to use the software. The back up and reporting features are very helpful when we need to back track to find an issue.

Cons

Searching for something in help could be improved. It seems that sometimes you have to do a fair amount of searching to find the relevant page.

October 2014

Sean from Xingwei College, Shanghai

October 2014

Full-featured SIS for small colleges

We've been working with Populi for about 10 months at a small liberal arts college in Shanghai, China, and we've found it remarkably full-featured; its suite of tools -- it handles everything from online registration to interactive course shells to finances/student billing -- offers more than we're even using. Access to the system is based on user-roles, with roles ranging from student through system admin. Because it's web-based, it works anywhere (including in China) on a variety of browsers (we've used Firefox, Explorer, Chrome, Safari, Opera, and Midori). I could go on. To get a sense of everything Populi has to offer, it's worth visiting their site. Before we started working with Populi, I researched traditional SIS systems and software, and learned that we'd never be able to afford it for a program our size. Populi is designed for colleges like ours, and the pricing is reasonable and scaled to institution size. Frankly, I it's hard to believe what we get for the money. There are few drawbacks to using Populi that aren't common to other SIS systems. Among these, role-based access means that non-advising faculty aren't able easily to view course listings for a given term, for example. And few users have access to the full course catalog within the system. However, it's easy to export any of these sorts of things for sharing. More importantly, the user forums provide a place for feature requests, and these are often implemented, as the process of building and improving the system appears to be earnest and ongoing. Finally, customer service has been great. We've made a few mistakes -- most recently, I managed to delete several months worth of teaching evaluations -- that the support team at Populi were able to help us recover from very quickly.

Mark from Olivet University

July 2016

Solid solution for small/medium schools

This solution is smartly designed and offers all of the tools necessary to operate a small or medium sized school. We have about 300 active students in our system, at multiple campuses, with both online/residential students, and Populi can handle our needs well. A few features are lacking that would be of interest to larger schools, such as an integration that will allow batch processing for our F1 students in SEVIS, or in-depth form builders, but the core functionality is certainly there.

Pros

Good and reasonable pricing, well designed, easy to use, and excellent support.

Cons

There are a few features that we would appreciate, such as the ability to use the built-in video hosting without having such a high degradation of quality, but overall our experience has been positive.

Paul from Baptist Mid-Missions

Populi

Overall I liked using Populi. It made doing school from a distance very convenient.

Pros

Cons

The design of populi, though it didn't enhance the product, was very basic and could have used a makeover. But the software itself had little issues in my opinion.

Shirley from Au Sable Institute of Environmental Studies

Populi is a good system for our school's needs.

Pros

I enjoy the communications area. I find it very helpful for student contact. I REALLY like being able to use the Populi Dropbox to post emails from other sources to the students' records.

Cons

I'm still learning how to use Populi's finer points, which has been a challenge without the former user still on our property. However, Populi support is always helpful.

Chris from Calvin Theological Seminary

Populi Support is top-notch

Pros

Populi is straight-forward in it's functionality and use. It is intuitive, which is a great help to new users. The integration between G-Suite, Populi, and Canvas with Single Sign-On works great. The customer support before and after implementation has been truly exceptional.

Donna from Southwestern College - Santa Fe

Best Decision We Ever Made

Increased data reporting functionality and low cost.

Pros

It packs everything into a cost effective manageable solution for small to medium colleges. Student records, Billing, Financial Aid, Course Evaluations, Communications, Discipline, emergency text messaging, online course management, Library, Bookstore, Registration, and so much more.

Cons

That is very hard to say. I think the assignment grade release settings could be more granular. Giving approved incompletes could be refined more.

Mahala from Texas Bible College

A great tool for colleges

The software itself works great for our information and data retrieval.

Pros

This software works great to collect data and information and also take in information on surveys, or applications. Really it has a plethora of uses.

Cons

Their billing system is a little off on when they invoice you.

Abdullah from Respect Graduate School

I'd give 6 stars if possible

We've been using Populi since 2013. When we started a new school, we searched for an affordable college management solution that can offer an integrated solution for our basic needs such as admissions, financials, library etc. Populi was our decision and we are extremely satisfied with the product. I used a number of similar software as a student, and I don't know as an administrator's perspective but in a student's perspective I think Populi is the easiest to use. The design is very clean and modern. I think the young students want to see stuff in a particular way. Redundancy is a big turn off. It's hard to explain but for example people don't want to click save for every step of their admissions. It's like these subtle thinks that you don't really think about but when you see it you makes you pleased. The designers at Populi does that. Mobile app is available and Customer support is phenomenal. They answer fast and answer good, with screen shots and all. Fast and to the point. They listen. The users can request new features and see them getting worked on and implemented. Some users may find some features missing or hard to use and I understand that. But I can always say that, from my personal experience , the support team is there to help. Pros: Customer support, price, design, extent of features, ease of use, frequent updates for new features. Cons: Nothing that I can think of.

Donna from Southwestern College

Best Student System for Small Colleges

Moving our Student management to Populi was the best decision for our small graduate school. Pricing is scaled to size. It is feature rich and has quickly become the center of our universe. The Populi support team was with us from day one. They converted all of our data and we have never looked back. The data reporting features are flexible and easy to use. This is the best decision we ever made.

Pros

This system was specifically designed with small to medium colleges in mind and it shows.

Chris from Carolina College of Biblical Studies

Best choice for SIS/LMS

We have loved Populi from the very beginning. Great program. Great support. Great choice for all your LMS and SIS needs.

Pros

Integration of the LMS and SIS. Ease of use. Video tutorials are great...keeps me from having to make them myself.

Cons

Waiting for a plagiarism integration.

Mahala from Texas Bible College

We use Populi for a couple of our separate departments websites and they like the ease of access

Pros

The customer service and ease of use with setting up programs on our website has been tremendous. We can have settings however we want them .

Cons

We don't have any complaints for this software. It has been working great the couple of years we have used it.

Ohchang from Westminster Theological Seminary

Industry: Writing and Editing

Recently, this software replaces my school's old Registrar system, and came out, "Successful!!"

This saves my time, labor, and energy. Overall, I am satisfied with this software.

Pros

The two major uses of this software in my institution are managing student's academic progress and student's financial status. The simple feature of the program allows students to easily access their own account and manage those. And how the program presents the contents is also clean and easy-to-look; this is much better then the old program. Students wouldn't miss the critical dates for their academic progress and payments. Also there are some aspects that helps communication between registrar office and students. Dashboard has "Alerts" "The Feed" "Events." And moreover, there is another tab next to dashboard tab, that is, To-dos. This shows the tasks that are assigned to individuals. So the combination of the dashboard features and To-do lists make communication really easy.

Kevin from The Cornetstone Bible College and Seminary

Starting From Scratch

Very satisfied and have experienced a great deal of positive and helpful customer support. Really, no walks through a string of phones tree choices to get to someone who can help.

Pros

Going from spreadsheets to Populi was very easy. The system is very intuitive anticipating what data is needed in every screen during the progression of steps used to post student records and effect school administration. It is easy to move around and the data is partitioned in a logical array of tabs and input screens. The staff has a great deal of confidence in the accuracy of posting data and capturing transactions events.

Cons

Reporting of financial transactions make it cumbersome to reconcile and account for transactions.

Paul from Divine Word College

Shines for the Classroom, Great for the Blended

I have been using school management systems since at least 1992 and course management systems since 1995. Well over 20 years of a dozen different systems, including all of the big names. I just wanted to formally express my delight with Populi. I really believe that on balance, this is the best product I have ever used. It may not be as powerful and have the same smooth work flow as the major players, but for a small school with a limited budget . . . can't be beat. The school system side of the program is effective and has handled every need of our very small college and the ease of making transcripts has greatly lessened the work in my office. Populi really shines for course management and even our reluctant faculty have been able to benefit from the grading, assignment and attendance mods. We have a few faculty who have fully employed the Populi lessons section to make both blended and online courses. I have used it for both and the scope of `instructor variation' is ideal. The learning platform is complete, without being excessively demanding. I am very, very impressed with the product. I actually enjoy using it for my classes.

November 2013

Susan from Arizona School of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine

November 2013

I love POPULI !

I have been using the system for 3 years now and it keeps getting better and better. I liked it from the beginning and it just keeps improving. The developers listen to their customers and add tools that make our life easier. The response time for questions or help is outstanding. There are many learning tutorials in the help section with instructions and videos to assist in the process of learning the system. When it comes to reporting, I find it saves hours when compiling IPEDS data. This year the reporting section was improved to the extent, it cut my research time in half. There are parts that I do not utilize like financial aid only because we utilize a third party service. End of the year 1098 T's are at my finger tips. I export the information in to excel. I have not figured out how to split the total tuition paid for those receiving Financial aid and 50% VA benefits that aren't reported on the 1098 T. Maybe being able to edit the totals would be helpful. Would I recommend Populi to other schools? Yes, I cant see operating without it. The more I use it the better it is.

Brenda from New Saint Andrews College

March 2009

Overall this system is very good. We haven't even seen its full potential yet and already very happy with the product. It is a huge improvement over our past system. I see us happy with this for years, particularly when we know the future features to be added.

Pros

The product is easy to use and intuitive.There is much room for continued growth both within our company and our ability to utilize all that populi will be able to do in the future. I am looking forward to the online applications and financial feature. Student access is wonderful as well.

Cons

The product sometimes seems more tied to a business information system that an educational system. The drop down menus get old quickly and are tedious to use particularly when entering dates and state information. It would be nice to have text boxes that pick up as soon as you begin typing.

March 2016

Erin from Hawaii Tokai International College

March 2016

Easy to use & great customer service

We switched over to Populi after using a different software for years. Populi makes it really easy to create transcripts and make sure students are on track to graduate. It's great that we can integrate many different components (grades, discipline, housing, finance, etc.) in one location. It makes obtaining information quick and easy. The different roles are great for controlling who has access to what information. Also, customer service has been amazing! Phone calls help because they can see what we see on our screen, which minimizes confusion. Even if we email or submit a request online, we get responses within 24 hours. Their staff is really helpful. Their online tutorials are great as well and they've even reached out to us to do demos.

December 2013

Jeremiah from Elim Bible Institute

December 2013

Great company, great product

I had the pleasure of working with Populi for five years when I worked at a small private college. We were looking for cost-effective college management software that fit our needs. Once we found Populi, we knew we had found the right solution. The user interface is intuitive and well thought out. Students, faculty, and administrators love Populi. It does everything a small college requires and a whole lot more (online courses, academic records, online tuition payments, library, bookstore, etc....). If something didn't work right, or there were features missing, Populi was very good at listening, and often incorporated feature requests into future releases. In my opinion, the best thing about Populi is working with the Populi staff. They are very responsive and a pleasure to work with.

August 2016

Tammy from New College Franklin

August 2016

Great Customer Service

Excellent Customer Service. Staff very helpful and resolve issues promptly. Support staff very knowledgable about the product.

While new to using Populi, our small school finds Populi easy to use, and staff willing to help.

Ease of use and confidence that the company stands behind their product and ready to assist the suer.

Pros

Tailored for the small school, Populi is very intuitive. They have worked hard to think through typical issues of the user. Almost any question I have had as an administrator was easily addressed in the Knowledge Base. And the few times when I could not find something, the support staff was there with a ready response.

Cons

There is not much guidance for faculty. This deficit is not an issue for younger members who are accustomed to intuitive navigation of new websites. For older faculty, however, this is a stumbling block. That having been said, Populi support staff are willing to do video overview training.

Shane from VISIBLE SCHOOL

March 2009

An amazing product that shows amazing maturity for it's age.

An amazing product that shows amazing maturity for it's age. I would put it up against any of the big dogs on the market.

Pros

- Great people to work with. Always quick to find a solution. - This software has all the major components already included to help keep schools running smoothly. - It's a hosted solution so there is no IT costs on us. - They are always adding functionality

Cons

They are still new to the scene so it's not robust. Things like templating , help documentation, and customer customization are still missing. The customer support people will bend over backwards to do these things for you though so it's not a deal breaker.

February 2014

Sherry from Virginia Baptist College

February 2014

Customer Service Is Awesome!

I have used Populi for a few years now. It is very user friendly and meets all of our needs as a small Bible college. The best part about Populi is their customer service. All the guys in tech support are quick to answer, polite, and very knowledgeable. It seems there is always someone on duty, ready to answer any questions I have. For instance, I work in the finance department and realized I had done some transactions incorrectly. This was very nerve racking as a deadline for a report was drawing near. Customer service was able to fix my error behind the scenes just in the nick of time! The program stands on its own feet, but the customer service is the icing on the cake.

Jason from Wipro Limited

Nothing to write home about, but does what it's meant to

Pros

Being a web based college management software, it has its cloud computing benefits for sure. The options available are extensive too.

Cons

Many of the features are half cooked and need a lot more work to be in a finished form. It is basic at best now.

Rob from Wesley Biblical Seminary

Wesley Biblical Seminary

I wanted to drop a line to you guys and gals at Populi. To be honest, Populi has been one of the most beneficial blessings we have at WBS. You all have given us superb support, data migration, and professionalism. Everyday our team is enjoying the process of learning how to use it more efficiently. Thanks so much.

Pros

Customer Service superb Affordability User Friendly SIS

Cons

Library System not compatible with the MARC system yet.

Raul from Holy Apostles College & Seminary

Excellent Course Mangagement System

Populi is a great college management system. I have been administering the system for 3 years now and no complaints. The design is sleek and very manageable. Populi developers are amazingly open to suggestions in regards to improving their system with additional features from their clients. Their support team speedily respond to emails and in troubleshooting and resolving any issue. I highly recommend Populi as a solution for your institution! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions (from a user standpoint).

New to me

Populi helps with evaluation, management and storage of assignments, accreditation of work

Pros

This software is new to me but, in my transition from one higher education institution to another it has been simple and user friendly to understand--looks like it keeps everything in one place, so helpful for student and educator!

Cons

I am still learning it, even though it is user friendly it is not as intuitive as I would like for it (me?) to be

December 2014

Dr. Mark from Compass College of Cinematic Arts

December 2014

Populi Delivers

Populi provides a high quality, easy to use college management interface that is adaptable, efficient and effective in meeting the needs of small to mid-size colleges. While it may take a moment to input your needed data, the interface is user friendly and the customer service is top flight. Students and faculty celebrate! Populi provides tried and true solutions to your educational needs.

May 2016

Mourad from Toronto Baptist Seminary

May 2016

Great School Management System!

Populi has been a great tool for our school. It has helped us to manage our data more efficiently. It has made our job easier in many aspects. It has also given our students online access to their information. One of the great benefits of Populi has been how easy it is to use. The customer service has been great. They are very responsive to our needs.

Bev from New Saint Andrews College

March 2009

Highly recommend, as it continues to meet our needs.

Highly recommend, as it continues to meet our needs.

Pros

Web access anywhere. Sorry I know you need more specifics but no time today to think through them

Cons

Reporting. Still would like to capture a ton of data on one day to be able to access it, frozen in time, for reporing purposes. Once the date passes to get the same data as of that date (usually day 10) has been difficult or impossible.

March 2015

Gregory from Insight University

March 2015

Must Have Service

We've been using Populi's SIS for several years now. Incredibly easy software to use. Sorry I can't rate their service more than 5 stars. If you need something that doesn't come with the service, just ask. We needed customization on the transcript and several days later all we had to do was print the transcript. Nice and neat and very easy.

July 2014

Luciano from Master's College and Seminary

July 2014

Great experience so far in our implementation and orientation.

A note to let you know that your support team has been fantastic in this phase of implementation and orientation. The response to our inquiries are thorough and helpful and your openness to helping us tweak functions is instilling a lot of confidence in our staff. Thank you for your help through this process!

Eric from New Saint Andrews College

March 2009

Five Star. Highly recommend while eagerly anticipating the fund-based accounting module.

Pros

Integrated real-time web-based system that supports all student-based information and communication. Price structure allows that pass through of system fees to students as needed.

Cons

Financial system is not developed yet.

April 2012

Max from Providence Christian College

April 2012

Great Customer Service

Good comprehensive database.

Pros

Populi's support staff is stellar. They'll make changes if the the request is reasonable. They also prompt in responding to emails or questions.

Cons

None that I can think of, except it should be better at reporting.

Meghan from Higher Education

Love using Populi!

Pros

I love the development and donor management portion of the software. It is very well organized and allows for detailed reporting and tracking details.

Ken from Visible School

March 2009

absolutely every small college (and big) must have this.

absolutely every small college (and big) must have this. I will recommend Populi to all my constituents

Pros

ground floor, feedback process, quality people, quality interface

Cons

email integration causes duplicate draft items

Michelle from Carver Bible College

Overall, It's a very good product that is meeting our needs

Overall, It's a very good product that is meeting our needs

Pros

This allows for everything related to daily college life/activities to be contained in one place.

Cons

Some of the features work a little different from how I expected them to work but getting adjusted to them wasn't bad