Browse AscendTMS Logistics Software Reviews

Tamara from Krewe Logistics LLC

Great TMS

I just started my business a year ago at that time I was looking for the best TMS for a small start up company that would fit my needs and I have found Ascend TMS to fit my needs. Customer servie rep was very helpful assisting me with setting up branches.

Pros

Ascend is very user friendly and cost effective

Cons

The shipper directory could use an update

Reasons for Choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

Ascend is more cost effective

Reasons for Switching to AscendTMS Logistics Software

Emails were generating properly through the system

Response from InMotion Global Inc.

Replied October 2019

Thanks for the AMAZING review, Tamara. You ROCK!!! The AscendTMS Team

Erika from Awesome Logistics

Great option for small business TMS

Our office was using Google Drive, Sheets, Docs, etc to manage an asset based trucking company and a brokerage. While functional, it was very time consuming to do things this way and required a lot more hands on everything each week. With Ascend, we have been able to streamline processes, manage our databases and engage with Quickbooks to free up time for most of our staff members. This has allowed us to spend more time on other things, such as sales, recruiting and overall growth of our companies.

Pros

I really like the features for the price of this product. It offers efficiencies in our processes on many levels, allows multiple users to access data, combines information in one place and much more. Other similar systems cost many times more than the Ascend program, making this a great option for smaller companies with smaller budgets.

Cons

Updating templates does not automatically update active loads or pre-existing loads which used those templates. This just means you have to manually update existing loads based on the template in addition to the template itself when making changes.

Reasons for Choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

The cost of Ascend for what we get is hands down a clear winner. We have a great technical team to back up the program and they are open to making changes/improvements based on our recommendations. There is no extra fee when new system upgrades roll out and we get to benefit from the constant improvements they are making. Additionally, it is easy to use and integrates with other departments to make everyone's lives more streamlined and efficient.

Response from InMotion Global

Replied October 2020

THANK YOU SO MUCH, Erika. You are simply the BEST. I will tell the entire team here how happy you are. The AscendTMS Team.

Tiffany from Rocky Mountain TruckingLLC

What we've been searching for

Easy setup, easy maneuvering through the features and tools. By far my best experience had been the customer service, their response time is quick and genuine in helping to resolve any issues

Pros

Ascend provides all the decision-making tools in one place to make finding loads and better rates more efficient. Integration with multiple Load boards, rate and fuel index displayed on dashboard.

Cons

Transfer of Loads and dispatches from previous TMS cannot be bulk uploaded without their development team doing it. Time consuming to enter each load individually, mistakenly started with wrong beginning Load number and development could not remove it. So Load numbers will not align with original records..... but it's a small matter

No subscription commitment required

Reasons for Switching to AscendTMS Logistics Software

Reporting abilities too narrow and pre-defined. Easy to use but limited on functions and expansion.

Response from InMotion Global

Replied September 2021

What an AMAZING review, Tiffany. Thanks from the ENTIRE AscendTMS team!

Jonathan-Edward from Priority U Logistics LLC.

Maria is the best...

Overall, it has been a great experience. I would recommend Ascend TMS to anyone looking for a new TMS system.

Pros

It is very robust. It allows me to build loads as simple or complex as I need. Whether it is a 1 pick 1 drop load, or a 12 stop load with detention and layover charges to different parties, Ascend lets me build loads however I need for them to be.

Cons

The only downside that I have found so far is that there is not a mobile application for the TMS board. There have been a couple situations over the past several months where I was away from the office and could have used a mobile application to build a load on my phone, but that was not an option because the mobile web version did not store all of the locations and carriers that the desktop version stores.

Reasons for Switching to AscendTMS Logistics Software

Tab Bank bought BAM, and we were kind of made to switch.

Response from InMotion Global

Replied June 2021

Outstanding review, Jonathan Thank you SO much. What an amazing review of AscendTMS. THANK YOU!!! The entire AscendTMS Team.

Shawn from Luminous Logistics, LLC

Good For What You Pay

Overall the TMS allowed me to get up and running, but as we continue to grow, we've reached the point of needing to find a TMS that fits our needs. This is a great startup TMS, but realistically anyone who does over $1 - $2 mil in rev will outgrow the TMS fast.

Pros

This software allows you to get up and running fairly quickly, customer service is good when they are open and you can reach someone to talk with. They always seem to be doing updates which is a good thing I suppose.

Cons

Your always told their doing updates which is a good thing, there is never any type of notice when changes are made, what the changes are that are being made, and if you work on the weekend you can't reach anyone. Today particularly systems are down, been down for over an hour, can't reach a single person for support, help, and prevents you from doing your very basic freight functions. As a business owner, paying hourly employees, independent brokers can't help their clients and customers, this snowballed very quickly and go out of control. Would be nice if we knew what changes were done, when support tells you they will submit a change and get back to you when the change will be done that there was follow through, that you could get support when needed, and have help as the system can be clunky and super temperamental at first. Especially with being a premium user.

Response from InMotion Global

Replied July 2020

Hi Shawn - thanks for the review. YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION. In the last 5 years years we've been down for less than 44 minutes TOTAL. So, I don't think it was AscendTMS that was down, it was likely your Internet connection. Regarding size of our customers, our largest customer is a $9 billion distributor with 360 DC's and 3 separate logistics offices in North America. So, we can definitely support both the biggest logistics operations as well as the smallest operations like yours (hopefully you'll make it to $9 billion one day, too . We are glad you're using AscendTMS, Shawn. We'll keep adding more and more features - AND WE'LL CONTINUE TO BE THE HIGHEST RATED TMS SOFTWARE ON THE PLANET!!

Patrick from US Expediters Logisitics Inc

Great TMS. Cannot beat it for the price!

Its great for the cost. Additionally, I do like its documents assignment features.

Pros

I particularly like their online video tutorials and if those don't help their IT is relentless is assessing and helping resolve the problem.

Cons

I do wish the software was a bit more carrier involved. Posting trucks would be a great feature. Also wish there was a lock on loads or accounts so when someone is in the account/loads/files you would know it and couldn't make changes until in the files.

Its affordability and integration with Triumph Business Capital

Response from InMotion Global

Replied August 2021

AWESOME review of AscendTMS! Thank you so much, Patrick. The AscendTMS Team!!!

Katherine from Peak Logistics Inc

Best choice!!

We started our brokerage in February 2019 -- and as we were growing, we needed a TMS system, excel spreadsheets were just not cutting it. We were able to really increase our capacity and use our time more wisely!

Pros

I love its customizability and their customer service! We were able to structure the load board how we wanted it. Also, they are really great about listening to their clients. I've had some suggestions that I provided them and they actually implemented them! It's great to see a company actually give you what you are looking for in a program. I know they have a lot in the works and I look forward to growing with them! Also -- with them being partnered with TriumphPay - it was been a lifesaver and timesaver for us. and the price is really great - as a start up -- it's a little tight with revenue and expenses. I really appreciate that as well.

Cons

I'm great! I really have nothing to complain about. Only thing that would be great to have is the bill payment communication to Quickbooks. But that is super minor.

Reasons for Choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

I liked their loadboard look and feel, partnership with Triumphpay, Fourkites, and the load boards, and other companies. I love that they were explaining their future updates such as the customer portal. And the price was huge because there are 3 of us. And [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] -- our go to guy --- we just clicked really well. I really appreciated his customer service!

Response from InMotion Global

Replied January 2020

Katherine - what an amazing review. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I will let our entire team know about your kind words. The AscendTMS Team

Matt from Fox Logistics

Excellent TMS

The billing process has really improved thanks to the seamless integration with QBO.

Pros

It's incredibly user-friendly and customizable. I've used several (far more expensive) TMSs in the past decade, and AcendTMS is the best by far. The ease of use, integrations, and great customer service have made me a huge fan.

Cons

My only critique is that there is no open API yet, but I'm told that's in the works. I'm glad they're taking their time with it.

Reasons for Choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

Better pricing and flexibility.

Reasons for Switching to AscendTMS Logistics Software

Revenova was not at all user-friendly, incredibly expensive, and they were not open to feedback at all. They locked me into a contract and I had to wait to get out to switch.

Response from InMotion Global Inc.

Replied August 2019

Hi Matt - thanks for the great review. You are amazing! The AscendTMS Team.

Jennifer from Alpha Logix LLC

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

The Only TMS I will EVER Use!

After using several other EXPENSIVE TMS software, this is the only TMS software that I would recommend to anyone! Large or small!

Pros

Extremely powerful and expansive software has the most user friendly interface.

Cons

I have yet to find something that I don't like about this software!

Reasons for Choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

Again, because of my experience with AscendTMS, no one has ever even come close to the features and the value that they offer!

Reasons for Switching to AscendTMS Logistics Software

Because AscendTMS is simply THE BEST.

Response from InMotion Global

Replied May 2021

Thank you SO much, Jennifer. You ROCK!!! I will tell the entire team here just how much you love AscendTMS!! You made our day!

Kimberly from Lake Huron Logistics LLC

Ascend Review

Pros

Ascend TMS keeps growing with me as my company grows. They have partnered with some great companies to add even more features that make my company able to post loads to more load boards and process loads more quickly, and . We are able to work more efficiently and cost-effectively.

Cons

While it is easy to learn, there were parts of the software that I did not know much about - mainly the accounting. I learned how to do much of it on the fly. Watching the videos helped and the support from Ascend TMS has been great. I would like to see a "user's group" set up so people who use the software can share tips, how to's, etc.

Reasons for Switching to AscendTMS Logistics Software

Tailwind was too difficult to start out with. I did not have much knowledge about using any TMS when I started out but Tailwind was just too confusing. Ascend was much easier to use as a beginner, and the support system they provide - videos, webinars, personal "coaches" were all very helpful.

Response from InMotion Global Inc.

Replied August 2019

Hi Kinberly - You ROCK. Thank you SO much. You are such an important client to us. The AscendTMS Team.

William from Standard Hauling

AscendTMS has been invaluable to our growth.

We enjoy the software and the team members we engage for support and additional solutions. The TMS is well managed and consistently updated with new or improved features.

Pros

Ascend is a clean, lean and effective TMS we use to manage both our fleet asset business and our third party logistics services. It is powerful enough to keep our ever growing business organized yet simple to quickly train our new team members on.

Cons

Not a great deal of customization is available.

Reasons for Choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

Simple structure, clean exports and ELD capacity.

Response from InMotion Global

Replied January 2021

William - what an AMAZING review. Thank you soooo much!! You ROCK!!

Terry from A All Purpose Transportation A.P.T LLC

GR8 Service

GR8 overall experience with software & people

Pros

Everything this is a GR8 software, also like the way it gives you help with rating, tracking, load building

Cons

It was kind of difficult to work with at first but the training really helped

Reasons for Choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

Has everything I needed & the price is GR8 being that we're a new business.

Response from InMotion Global

Replied December 2020

THANKS, TERRY!!!! What an AMAZING review. THANK YOU THANK YOU. The AscendTMS Team.

Ebony from Esteemed Freight Solutions llc

The Best

:D

Pros

I love how I am able forecast my revenue, how it helps me to be more organized and manage my day to day operations with ease. I could not do all this shit manually.

Cons

There are no cons this system is so user friendly

Reasons for Choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

So much better and I can do everything from one place

Response from InMotion Global

Replied October 2020

AMAZING - thank you SO MUCH, Ebony. Your are the best!!! I'm so glad that we're making a real difference for you and your team!! Yours sincerely - The AscendTMS Team.

John from JANPRO LLC

My experience with Ascend TMS logistics software

It's a great system, I especially like how it integrates with Quick books. Your customer service department is great. I would especially like to thank representative

Pros

Able to navigate through it easily. It has all the functions I require. Customer service is great. I would certainly like to bring to your attention that I could not be more pleased and satisfied with your representative [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. I was having a few issues with my load posting with Nextload, and she immediately got in contact with representative@ Nextload, and between the two of them it was corrected in no time. She was keeping me updated as repairs were being done , to see if she could help me in any way until the issue was resolved . That really meant a lot to me , and to my business. Her customer service skills are beyond excellent !! She makes you feel very comfortable as she walks you through any issues you might be facing as a new or existing customer. She is very kind, and extremely patient !! She is without doubt a fantastic representative for your company. Her attention to detail and her professionalism shines through constantly, you don't find that very often these days ! It's obvious that not only does she know what she is doing, she does it with a wonderful attitude and disposition. She is very professional and informative, not to mention sweet and kind !! Thank you, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Cons

I feel that it should come with at least one of the two big load boards like DAT or Truckstop . The list of manufacturers to approach for business is way outdated . 60% if businesses are no longer in business.

Reasons for Choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

I felt the price was adequate for it's many functions. Easy to use . Customer service it wonderful !!

Response from InMotion Global Inc.

Replied July 2019

John - thanks for the most AMAZING review. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! The AscendTMS Team

Anthony from Earthbound Logistics

Excellent Program for all levels of freight brokerage

As a small business , this software gives me everything I need to process orders. It is easy to use and helps me keep track of my shipment statuses for my customers. I understand there is a section to add in my factoring email addresses into each order, but I am curious to know if I can just add an e-mail once and have it appear on all loads. i.e. my wife takes care of my accounting and instead of going in and adding her onto every account so she is copied, I would like to have her appear by entering her e-mail address once somewhere. If there was an alert or e-mail when a delivery date passes and a status is in transit, that would be helpful as well. There are a few little things here and there, but nothing major that I would change. I am a one man show, and would like to add a user, but me and my wife use the same login, and was wondering if a second user could be added at no cost. Otherwise at the moment this is great value. thanks for being my provider of choice. your team is exceptionally friendly. Bill Nofsinger is a great guy, energetic and a heck of a sales guy. You simplify brokerage software like no other, and I don't know why anyone else hasn't done this before. All the other programs I have used are not only more expensive, but much more complicated. Anytime you or your team is up here in Canada I'd love to take you out for a beer. All the best. Anthony Villa

Pros

Ease of Use, but a mobile version would help me to be in front of customers more often

Cons

I actually love everything about the software, but as you build there are a few features that I would add to give it an even better user experience, i.e. automatic e-mail notifications based on the status the user sets, mobile version, integrating contacts into all send load docs section

Response from AscendTMS

Replied February 2017

Anthony - what a great review. Thanks for all the detail. We love that you love it! The AscendTMS Team

Aracelys from Prestige freight Brokers Inc

Highly Recommend system

You have all the perks in one.

Pros

This software is very user friendly, easy to use. You can dispatch the drivers from it, easy invoicing. I have been in the industry for 23 years and I used all softwares, I absolutely love it the best part is This one is very economical.

Cons

I haven’t seen anything that I don’t like.

Reasons for Choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

I did all my research and I loved it

Response from AscendTMS

Replied June 2019

What an AMAZING review! Thank you so much. You ROCK. The AscendTMS Team.

Scott from Stull Trucking Inc

AMAZING PRODUCT

I absolutely LOVE this system.

Pros

EASE OF USE!!! This has got to be the most cost effective and user friendly system that I have used to date! I have managed to utilize the tolls and the partners they offer, cut my costs and eliminate the need for multiple programs. Their customer support is beyond words, I will leave it at AMAZING.

Cons

Tracking, Only thing I wish we had a better tracking option.

Price, Features and Ease of use

Too many to list here.

Response from InMotion Global

Replied July 2020

Hi Scott - THANK YOU FOR SUCH AN AMAZING REVIEW!!! Thank you for your dedication to AscendTMS. You ROCK!!!

Greg from ALG EXPRESS

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Powerful and Efficient TMS Platform.

We were searching for an new TMS platform to move our operations to from the legacy platform in use. After searching over 10+ platforms we decided on AscendTMS. Our decision was based on Features , Platform Scalability, Ease of Use, Training and Cost. Compared to platforms costing hundreds of dollars a month for single users with setup fees of $2000-$4000, Ascend could not be beat. Getting a REAL WORKING Platform to try for FREE for 30 Days / not just a "sandbox demo" was the closer. Moving from a much more complicated TMS platform, we were up and doing orders within 20 minutes. While much younger than many other platforms out there, new features are being rolled out on regular basis. It does lack a few things I would prefer from the load management side but from what I have been told by their customer service team many are in development for early 2017. For small / midsize carriers / 3pl Logistic firms this platform really cannot be beat. It an excellent balance of features and cost effectiveness. We have no complaints or regrets in committing to this Ascend at this time. Once the new features roll on I have no issue changing my 4 stars to 5 stars for Features and Functionality.

Pros

Ease of Use, Fast Setup, VERY Cost Effective, Easy to customize workspaces for our own preferrences.

Cons

Lacks some features currently that can speed up or improve the steps needed for load management. Integration with tracking such as Macropoint. No automatic status notification updates for customers ie: Trucks on site, Loaded. Delivery, POD name. Dispatch team must use a few extra steps to do these.

Response from AscendTMS

Replied February 2017

Greg - thanks for the amazing and detailed review. We truly appreciate it. The AscendTMS Team

Jarek from Freight Network Solution, Co.

AscendTMS

I and my employee are working in the different location in the US and Europe using Ascend TMS

Pros

All in one TMS cloud based platform - Load Board fully customized - Customer's Data - Carrier's Data - Drivers Data - Equipment Data - Carrier Tracking Software included - DAT and others Loading Boards integrated - Finance Section AP and AR with auto creating invoices - system emails - EDI integrated - Email and Live Support

Cons

No app for mobile use, but no problem to use browser to connect with server to work mobile remotely.

Response from InMotion Global

Replied October 2020

THANK YOU!!!! You are the best, Jarek!!! I'm so glad that we're making a real difference for you and your entire team! there! The AscendTMS Team.

Jay from logistics Company

Fantastic Support

Overall this is a very easy software to configure and use.

Pros

Ease of Use is by far what I like most about this software. I feel like I am missing steps, but its just that easy.

Cons

I do wish there were more user permissions, where you can lock out employees from certain areas. I am told that these features will be available 2019 Q4.

Reasons for Choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

Cost was the biggest reason we chose AscendTMS. Being in the industry over 15 years, Ascend has by far been my favorite over any other system, and I have used quite a few.

Reasons for Switching to AscendTMS Logistics Software

We switched from Truckstop because of the cost, response time, friendliness of the support department, and ease of use.

Response from InMotion Global Inc.

Replied September 2019

Jay... thanks for the amazing review. You are awesome. The AscendTMS Team.

David from Brightline Logistic Services

Can't say Enough!

My overall experience with Ascend TMS has been great! Extremely easy to use, very affordable and the customer service and support is always exceptional every time that I need it. most recently,[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helped me figure out a problem I was having with my accounting side of the system and he was able to not only guide me to what I was doing wrong but showed me a way to deal with my issue that made my life 10X better! 10/10 would recommend this system to anybody in the industry!

Pros

I love how easy It is to use ascend TMS. I've been in the transportation industry for a few years now and I've used quite a few different TMS/CRM systems; besides being over priced, most are extremely confusing to learn and adapt to. I feel like Ascend TMS is the first system I've ever used that I knew how to operate at least 75% from the moment I started using it. Also I absolutely love how the systems remembers previous information and stores it for future use like customers, locations etc..

Cons

Up to now I have zero complaints about the system. It integrates flawlessly with my business. The only thing I think would be a great future feature would be if it had an APP. I believe that would be very useful to companies like mine that are agent-based because as an agent you're using your phone for work probably more than a computer or laptop and although I have signed into the system from my phone when in an emergency, I feel like on an actual app it would perform much better.

Response from InMotion Global

Replied September 2020

WOW WOW WOW - thank you so much, David. What an AMAZING review from an AMAZING person. You rock!! . The AscendTMS Team

Pat from Relaymile

Superb

Fantastic. Highly recommend.

Pros

The load management screen is extremely helpful for our brokers. The shortcut menu is wonderful as well (right-clicking on load)

Cons

I wish there was an option to search live trucks on load boards. Similar to the load search feature.

Reasons for Choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

Price and simplicity. Also, great features.

Cloud based TMS

Response from InMotion Global

Replied January 2021

Pat - THANK YOU THANK YOU - what a wonderful and AMAZING review!!! I will let the entire team know!! You are the BEST. The AscendTMS Team.

JACOB from Rite Way Logistics

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Very appreciative to the services you provide, thank you

Pros

Ascend is user-friendly. Very affordable. Quick access to information that is needed.

Cons

There could be less steps to completing tasks

Amazing reviews for Ascend

Reasons for Switching to AscendTMS Logistics Software

Wanted something more suitable for our success in the industry

Response from InMotion Global

Replied July 2020

Jacob - what an AMAZING REVIEW. Thank you so so much. The AscendTMS Team.

RICK from DEDICATED GLOBAL CARRIERS, LLC

Exceeds all of our expectations

Low Cost - High return on productivity for my staff.

Pros

EASE OF USE - ADDING CARRIERS, CUSTOMERS, USERS IS A STRAIGHTFORWARD PROCESS MOVING BETWEEN TASK IS SIMPLE AND EASY. THE ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE AND ACCOUNTS PAYABLE DATA IS LINKED DIRECTL WITH QUICKBOOKS ON-LINE - SAVING DUPLICATE ENTRY WORK . System now has a Commissions option which will save even more time when dealing with our Sales Agents.

Cons

No real issues, we would like to see a little more ease in entering our carrier invoices into the system as we currently enter one and start over - system would be a little easier if it returned to you the original page you were on when a number of carrier invoices are being entered at one time. We also find not having ability to audit activities by users is an item that must be addressed.

Response from AscendTMS

Replied November 2017

Thank you, Rick, for the awesome review. You guys are amazing!! The AscendTMS Team

Maxim from Dm World Transportation LLC

Good experience, above average

It improved a lot our way of doing business but there is some more work for developers which I hope they will complete soon and we can enjoy this great app, I like the concept, I think it can become better and hope it will.

Pros

It's complex and includes a lot of very useful tools for running your logistics. Loads that come thru this software are already build and it does offer a lot of information regarding the shipper and delivery location and calculate the distance between them instantly. You also have a feature to send tracking message to your drivers which I find very useful. It's fairly comfortable for doing logistics part of work , I gave it 4 stars because it's great for passing all the information about business you have done to accounting in no time and effortless.

Cons

Even though it's a great software, it's not perfect, there are some things that I wish would work differently for more efficient workflow. Every time you sort your loads and yo go into a random load and then you go back to all the loads, your sorting preference is lost and you have to do it again. Other thing is every time you need to go into check calls to see if there is anything in there you need to pay attention to, you are again going back and forward for no reason. A big improvement would be possibility to open your check calls in a separate window.

Response from AscendTMS

Replied December 2017

Maxim, thank you for the amazing review. The AscendTMS Team.

Andrew from Modelkite Inc

Great software

Good support!

Pros

Convenience, Easy to use! great integrations

Cons

All features good for us, Quick books and invoicing awesome

Response from InMotion Global

Replied November 2020

AWESOME - YOU ROCK, ANDREW! Thanks for the most amazing review. The AscendTMS Team

Brad from FreightCo

Enhancing Continuity

Very responsive to any issue, excellent training videos and one on one training for items specific to our organization.

Pros

Efficiency of load entry, load search, user assignments, ability to customize reports

Cons

On the asset side, we would like a trailer tracking data base and a field in the reporting that would allow us to sort by load creation date. I believe both are being worked on. Would like system to integrate with "Trucker Cloud".

Reasons for Choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

Up front the Ascend team work to understand our needs and displayed the functionality of the Ascend system. Price point was important too, and we felt Ascend was the best value with robust enhancements.

Reasons for Switching to AscendTMS Logistics Software

Speed, efficiency, integration, customized reporting... as well as, we had one operating system, but had to create multiple excel, or Google Docs to help us manage the business.

Response from InMotion Global

Replied May 2021

WOW WOW WOW!!! Thanks, Brad. You are AMAZING for writing this. Thanks so much! The AscendTMS Team!

John from Smithfield Foods

Industry: Food Production

Solid product backed by good people

For the price we couldn't expect a better product. InMotion Global is highly responsive to our needs, has expanded the capabilities of AscendTMS significantly since we started using it, and continues to roll out new features regularly. AscendTMS is stable, reliable, affordable, and is working for us at our present level of need. We can't wait to see what new capabilities they roll out next.

Pros

The price is outstanding, particularly for the capabilities of the product.

Cons

AscendTMS doesn't yet rise to the level of a full-featured software package for a trucking operation...but it's getting closer every month. Given the cost and Software as a Service model we aren't really expecting all the bells and whistles of a high dollar package which resides on our own server.

Response from AscendTMS

Replied February 2017

Hi John. Thank you for the very kind review. You are right that we add new features every single week and month. Everything we add is ALWAYS free to subscribers. The AscendTMS Team

Joe from Pinnacle Transport, Inc.

The heart of our operation

Ascend has given me the confidence to grow my business and not get lost creating invoices, payroll and organizing drivers.

Pros

The ability to create payroll reports and export invoices all based on the original load information. The ability to search a load number based on the BOL, VRID, or whatever number was entered at the loads origination. The ability to customize the columns while viewing loads. The ability to send invoices with POD's and Confirmation Sheets attached

Cons

The invoices imported to QB do not contain the description data from the invoice in Ascend. Other than that, the software seems to be bulletproof.

Response from AscendTMS

Replied November 2018

Joe - thank you for your AMAZING review. We will continue to keep adding the features you want and need! The AscendTMS Team.

Casey from Giddy Up Inc.

CEO

As an owner of a 3PL I have to use software that keeps track of all my top line revenue, gross margin, and commissions for my sales team. Ascend does a great job of all of that. The board itself where I keep track of the companies shipments is very easy and simple to view. It has to be when you're moving a high volume of loads and need to stay organized. Overall great product.

Pros

1. In the cloud. 2. UI is great. 3. Easy to add users, delete users. 4. Great reporting.

Cons

Nothing. They continue to improve their software every month adding new integrations and add ons.

Response from AscendTMS

Replied April 2019

Wow wow wow! Thank you for that amazing review! The AscendTMS team!

Brandon from BBA Systems LLC

More load posting options

Pros

Very simple and user friendly. The ability to attach docs to the loads and retreive them is very easy

Cons

It needs more features when posting loads to the load board. Additional comments and commodity fields to populate DAT's comments and commodity fields. DAT requires constant refreshing or your post will get lost down the list if you don't manually login to DAT and refresh your posting, that should be a feature Ascend should auto refresh the posting every 15 minutes.

Response from InMotion Global

Replied July 2020

AMAZING!! Thank you, Brandon. The AscendTMS family!!!

February 2016

Steve from Lanter Logistics

February 2016

A new user, implementing a TMS to a broker start-up

The brokerage business is not complex, it involves arranging freight transportation. The details are important and many however and to build a brokerage that will grow and increase in value a solid--not complex--TMS is required. First of all, Ascend TMS is in the cloud. No need to invest in and manage (and worry about) a server. And brokers can access it anywhere they have an internet connection. Second, simplicity. I've been in this business over 40 years and the intuitive features of AscendTMS appeal to my sense of KISS--keep it simple stupid. With the challenges inherent in arranging transportation today, simple technology allows me to focus on the more complex issues of people, customers and carriers. Third, you can start for nothing. Zero. Nada. Gratis. No credit card is required and you can literally be on the TMS and working right away. Perfect for the start-up broker. And as you grow the cost is $49/user--3 user minimum. And, no lengthy and punitive contract to sign. And no minimum term. Fourth, it's feature rich for a TMS. Need a rate engine? It's included. Document management--included (go paperless, it's 2016). Cell phone tracking of drivers? It's in the system. No need to go to outside vendors. Get the reports you want. If you don't see a feature you need, let Ascend TMS know and they try to get it for you. All in all, Ascend TMS offers incredible value. And developing, marketing and servicing the TMS is their only business. Not a load board company. Not a 3PL. Just a TMS company, in the cloud. I'm looking forward to a long, mutually beneficial relationship with our Ascend TMS and will update this review after getting a few quarters under our belt.

Response from AscendTMS

Replied February 2016

Steve - thanks for the amazing review. I wish you lots of luck (and PROFITS) for your brokerage business. AscendTMS will help you get there!

Daniel from Southbound Trucking & Equipment, LLC

Up and coming, but great support. They always answer the phone.

Pros

Ease of Use & customizability are key in my line of work. I can control my own views and also can reach someone every-time I try to get tutorials when needed.

Cons

I think there should be a 24 hour support line. Also, the system tends to go under temporary construction quite a bit at times of the day I can't afford it to. I will say the frequency of this has certainly decreased in recent months.

Response from AscendTMS

Replied March 2018

Daniel - thanks for the amazing review. Yes - we we're adding so many new customers every day (were are at over 13,300 customers as I write this) that we had to quadruple our server capacity and our horsepower (again!!!). That's why you've noticed significant improvements in AscendTMS response times and speeds. Again - thanks for the amazing support from you and your entire team, Daniel!

Anne from Clear Connect Logistics

Ascend Review

Overall myself and my company have had a very positive experience with the software.

Pros

The software is extremely user friendly and I love that it is web based!

Cons

There really isn't anything I would change at this time

Reasons for Choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

After leaving my family company to open my own company i took a class alongside my brother and business partner through International Freight Institute and[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] recommend using this software. She was a trusted teacher and we had no reason to doubt that her suggestion on this software would be misleading and we have been very happy with implementing it into our work. A great tool to have!

Response from InMotion Global

Replied April 2020

Wow ..thanks, Anne. What an AMAZING review of AscendTMS. You are amazing, too! The AscendTMS family.

Brock from Burtchell Transport Service

Overall, I give this 5 star rating

There are so many great features that come with this TMS system that I really cannot believe that the cost is LESS than half what my previous TMS system was. The biggest thing about this system that hampers my "ease of use" rating is in regards to how easy it is to use for people that are not familiar with TMS software. I have dispatchers that will not use this system because of the time it takes to create a load, and the several different panes of information required to completely build a load. Other than that, customer support is awesome. I have asked questions, and I either get a resolution, or customer support will actually work on resolving the issue for me. I feel like an actual paying customer here! I would welcome anyone to this software, even though I recognize it is currently something that I believe gives me a niche tool in the transportation market. I have actually suggested this to two other companies already, and will continue to do so as long as AscendTMS and inmotionglobal continue to treat me with great service.

Pros

Continually creative ideas, cutting edge innovation, outstanding customer service

Cons

Takes too long to build loads; too many panes to navigate

Response from AscendTMS

Replied February 2017

Brock - amazing review. Thanks. Regarding building loads...our EXPERT VIEW goes live this week...it does EVERYTHING you experts asked for. Enjoy! The AscendTMS Team

Joseph from RM GLOBAL

Awesome

Pros

User friendly - Easy to learn an navigate through each tab. Easy to correct errors Easy to find a particular tab or info you need to find in a timely manner Easy to upload documents I like the fact that frequently used info can be saved in the system and doesn't have to be retyped

Cons

Too many taps - I feel like all this could be put in one page... just scroll down Deleting attachments can be quite an undertaking - It should be a 1 click delete button Tab for inputting load info ie address, should be the same as the one we use for inputting the pick up and delivering times when adding a new load

Kris from American Lady Transport, LLC

Best TMS on the block

It saved us time, money, employees, and made our profits go up.

Pros

All the features that DAT, Truckstop, and all the other TMS software are offering at extra charges are included with your subscription.to Ascend. You get Texting, Tracking, Quick Books Integration, 50+ load boards posted to, and much much more. IT is quick to fix an issue, if you have a feature you would like to see added, done.

Response from AscendTMS

Replied November 2017

Thanks, Kris! We appreciate the kind comments and awesome review. The AscendTMS Team

Adrian from Giddy Up Inc.

Does great for us!

The software is great for keeping docs and notes organized on our carriers and reporting functions have been very helpful to streamline our SOP's.

Pros

I enjoy the document organization and archiving functions for keeping files on our preferred carriers. Also the reporting functions give us great insight into areas of improvement internally.

Cons

Occasionally adding a new carrier finding a carrier with a newer MC number can be frustrating but out side of that no problems!

Extremely Valuable

This software does EVERYTHING I need it to do to run my company. It will probably do all you need it to do as well.

Pros

This software is crafted by industry professionals who know what you need to succeed as a dispatcher, truck driver, owner operator, fleet owner or as a broker. They continually look for ways to improve the system and they resolve any issues quickly. I have only had to reach out for assistance a few times, but when I do the team at AscendTMS is always quick to respond with helpful info.

Cons

About once every 3 months, the software will go down for about 15 minutes. This is always a very short disconnect and is always back up and running shortly. For the price and the amenities, I barely feel justified in mentioning this little hiccup.

Chris from Baucom's Nursery Company

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Great User Friendly Software!

Our brokers would sometimes change things after we had processed the load. Of course, we heard the it wasn't me! They now have an accountability feature which tells who changed what. Solved a lot of disagreements and problems.

Pros

Ease of use and functionality. Does everything it promises.

Cons

Can't think of a thing. They are constantly making improvements and they are responsive when you need anything extra.

Response from AscendTMS

Replied April 2019

Chris - thanks for your amazing review! You are the BEST. The AscendTMS Team.

Robb from GOODSPEED LOGISTICS LLC

Great software system

Pros

System is very easy to use. I also like that it is easy to modify invoices.

Cons

When I am adding carriers to Quickbooks I would like to be able to do a search to find a carrier instead of just scrolling down the screen to find the carrier. Doing a search would speed things up.

Response from InMotion Global

Replied September 2020

Robb...THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! . We will tell the ENTIRE team here about how well AscendTMS is doing for you and your business. The AscendTMS Team!

Joseph from Transportation

Great Service and Great Price

Great! Customer service is always available to help and lets me get my drivers there rate confirmations super quick. I would recommend AcsendTMS to anyone in the industry because of it's simple and organized functions.

Pros

The all in one ability to post, book, and build a load. Great software also to keep track of rates.

Cons

Only thing is once in a while will take a while to load a reporting page.

Response from AscendTMS

Replied April 2019

Thank you so much for this very special review! The AscendTMS Team.

Jarvis from Infinite Ideals Logistics

The Freight Brokers Companion

I am pleased with the TMS And its usefulness within the business has actually covered the cost for an extra user in less than a week. Support is amazing and they offer various options for training so that you can become a power user of the software in no time. I would recommend Ascend to anyone getting into the transportation industry and it allows one to scale the business over time.

Pros

The Price & The Features are amazing. For a starter, this is a great option for a new brokerage since you can have up to 2 users for FREE on the Ascend platform. The system has tons of features to integrate seamlessly into various other systems to make it not only user-friendly but helps to save time and money.

Cons

I would say the the per-user price point is a huge jump from free but I can see the benefits. I would have rather had a middle-of-the-road price or a group price of 1-3 users for the Price of $69.

Reasons for Choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

I chose Ascend because it was recommended by more than one person in my network.

Response from InMotion Global

Replied April 2021

Wow wow WOW!!! What an AMAZING review, Jarvis. Thank you! We'll let the entire AscendTMS team know. They'll be so happy!!

Regis from B&C's White Bulls Logistics LLC

Great Cloud Based Software

Exeptional

Pros

Easy to understand Customize and Work with . Price is very affordable compare to the other Options and they let you tried for Free on top of that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is the man when it comes to fixing an internal problem .

Cons

I like to see an available option where more than one carrier can be assigned to the same loads on different stages or status . I run an Intermodal Operation and we have more than one truck / driver that touch the loads during transit . I like to be able to see a map where my loads / trailers are being drop and the Time or move connected with the information I provided in the TMS

Reasons for Choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

I saw a post in one of my Social Networks about the month Free feature and I could not help myself but try it

Response from InMotion Global

Replied May 2020

Wow - thank you, Regis. You are AMAZING. What a GREAT review. The AscendTMS Team.

Lisa from LaDon's Transport Service, Inc

New User who is SOLD!!!

So far I am LOVING this system. Also [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is AMAZING! She has been so helpful with my learning this new system. I set up our old system using Google features while it worked, there were numerous spreadsheets and it was a bit scattered. However there was not a program out there when I started with LaDon's that does what Ascend does. Thank you.. I needed this...

Pros

I like that I can access info quickly, there are templates for me to use for building loads and dispatching is so much easier. Drivers can upload docs straight into system so billing isn't spending hours scanning documents. There are so many things that I like about this system that I would need a much larger space to write it all out.

Cons

I am a planner. I need to have a daily/weekly calendar feature that your loads are automatically added to as they are put into the pending stage. Although the Search load has some of what I need I have to go in daily and download the daily log which is fine, but I'm kind of a at a glance type of person also.

Response from InMotion Global

Replied June 2021

Lisa - what a WONDERFUL REVIEW. Thank you so much!!! The AscendTMS Team

greg from good fortune freight

ASCENDTMS office home and mobile use

Benefits i have from using AscendTms ,is that of accounting , as well as there customer Service if any problems at all there always there to help you threw it step by step

Pros

I like the dash board set up easy to navigate, My Favourite feature is i can also have my carriers use AscendTMS with loads they pick up For free since i use a variety of different carriers it makes it easy to keep in touch with driver and for accounting it is easy to keep BOL or POD in PDF as a retired truck driver somebody who is not very computer savvy, even for me its easy to Operate AscendTms

Cons

Only issues i have is jumping from Ascend to DAT or Truckstop load board

Response from InMotion Global

Replied November 2019

Amazing review. Thank you, Greg. The AscendTMS Team.

Shawn from That Guy Logistics

This software does it all! efficient and easy to use!

Pros

You can use this easily if it is your first time or if you are a seasoned professional> Highly recommended whether you are a one-man operation or have several employees.

Cons

still looking for one it does just what I need as we grow, there is a good chance we will find the cons as all do when expanding we are confident they will work with us to find a solution to whatever problems may arise.

DAVID from Telex Express Llc

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] - Customer service

Honestly, it's a great program. I just spoke to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and it was an amazing conversation because she gave me new knowledge on some features/tricks.

Pros

Adding of carrier and customer is easy. Integration with Triumph is a plus.

Cons

Load time but it's cloud based so I know you can't do much about it.

Response from InMotion Global

Replied July 2020

THANK YOU, DAVID!!! What an AMAZING AscendTMS review. You are the best! The AscendTMS family.

Mark from Interstate Transport

Easy, flexible, inexpensive & quick online TMS software - great Value!

Pros

AscendTMS is super quick to get started, and very straightforward to use. Most of what you need to do is very intuitive and quickly accessible. Most information (for loads/carriers/etc.) is presented in one screen or with menu-driven pop-up windows - no annoying switching to multiple screens. It's very responsive. While some other companies require days if not weeks to set up demos, and can cost huge amounts of money, getting started LIVE with AscendTMS took only a matter of moments and was FREE! The help system seems quite comprehensive and includes video tutorials as well. They even have daily live help/demo sessions with their support team. The cost vs. benefit value proposition can't be beat. (Free for basic features; enterprise level features.) Seems to have comprehensive features that most companies would require, whether shipper, carrier or 3PL broker. Surprisingly full-featured for the minimal cost. From what I gather, they seem to be continually adding new features. This is not a stagnant product, but continues to evolve. I would definitely include this in your short-list of TMS software to try out. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find other software that is so easy and free to try, and that has so many features.

Response from AscendTMS

Replied November 2017

Mark - it's customers like you that drive us forward. Thank you so much for the amazing review! The AscendTMS Team

Nicholas from H.T.P. Transportation LLC

Best TMS Ive worked it

Pros

I switch from trucking office to ascend tms after my trial period had ended. All the customizable feature along with the ability to have a fully functioning brokerage software as my company grows is a nice cherry on this slice of pie. As well as being able to keep maintenance records, driver, trailer and equipment record in one well organized location at no extra charge.

Cons

None that i can think of at this time.

Reasons for Choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

Functional. It does it all customer service has always been friendly and efficient at helping me navigate the software.

Response from AscendTMS

Replied May 2019

Thank you so much, Nicholas. Your fantastic review is greatly appreciated by all of us at AscendTMS. Thank you!