What are AvidXchange users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using AvidXchange software through verified user reviews

• icon"The user interface is better and there is no charge for bank accounts or for invoice uploads. Plus the cost per invoice is much better in Appfolio."
  • icon"Our company uses AvidXchange with NetSuite, and we love the fact that invoices are automatically tied in to the NetSuite bills. Easy way to find a document during audits."
  • icon"Teams across our organization can submit for reimbursements quickly, contractors can be paid easily, and paper waste is significantly reduced. Customer service is excellent."
  • icon"As far as we know, there is no way to change that default."
  • icon"I feel sometimes the processors are in a hurry and mistype a vendor name or a campus location which creates an error on our end that we have to correct."
  • icon"It would often take up to a week to receive a response that they were completing the stop payment, and when a check is lost you want the payment stopped immediately."

Browse all AvidXchange Reviews

• Have you used AvidXchange and would like to share your experience with others?

Omikka

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Awesome for invoice tracking and AP

Pros

Very easy to set up and use, great customer service. Quick and easy to learn.

Cons

Indexers. Invisible trolls that come with the software who go in, pull the invoices and assign them where they want, so there may be invoices in random queues that are paid late, unless you check the random queues often.

Anne

Avid review

Pros

The integration team, customer service and their response time has been great!

Cons

It would be great if multiple pages could be sent at a time and only select the pages you need for a specific invoice. It is quite time consuming to integrate with MRI's old HAB software. It's quite a bit more time consuming.

Reasons for switching to AvidXchange

Bill.com was very over priced and offered poor customer service and reporting features. They also did not integrate with our software. Avid is much better.

Jeffrey

May 2022

Customer service is non-existent.

Pretty good but frustrating at times. If I were asked to keep Avid or switch to another company to outsource payments, I would probably advise that we should switch. We are relatively happy with Avid but could be happier elsewhere. I have used similar services from other companies in my career and Avid is not what I would consider "top tier".

Pros

I really like the ease in which payments can be made. The integration with NetSuite (which we use as well) is near perfect. We have everything we need to send our payment information to AVID and have the process begin. The avidxchange.com interface is also very easy to use and it is awesome that we get up to date status on each payment.

Cons

The customer service. I don't have an assigned contact for my team any longer so the only way to speak with someone is to send in an email and hope they get back to you. I need answers right away on issues involving payments and do not get this very often from AvidXchange. When we do get someone to help, they are usually very knowledgeable and end up solving our problems but the issue is getting someone to help. I feel it is an issue with the staffing level and not the actual customer service employees. Also, my team is CONSTANTLY having to send over copies of invoices because the companies don't recognize the payment being offered by Avid, even though the invoice number is listed on your remittance. The ability to not include any enclosures (tax forms, signed contracts, etc.) also hampers our usage of the product; we still have to run some checks manually and if we are doing so, why not just run ALL of our payments this way?

Calyn

May 2022

Great Product but needs better support.

AvidXchange is a great software for payables processing however when you have issues the support team is not great to work with, I have been considering adding the payment processing but keep hesitating because of poor support.

Pros

This product saved us from having to hire additional employees when we expanded. Saves me a lot of time and makes audits so much easier.

Cons

I feel like the reporting portion could be improved but overall a good system

Grace

Avoid at All Costs

Pros

There is not much we liked about using this software. The pricing is incredibly high when used with multiple bank accounts. We used the software to manage invoices for condo associations and if you are a property manager, we would highly recommend using Appfolio instead. The user interface is better and there is no charge for bank accounts or for invoice uploads. Plus the cost per invoice is much better in Appfolio.

Cons

The customer support is fairly slow and makes it really hard to solve issues that come up. It's not uncommon for a customer support ticket to remain open for weeks and to need to follow up multiple times. The straw that broke the camels back for us was when we transitioned out, we staying the software for a few days of the next month. The company would not prorate our bill even though we did not use the system in the final month. Bad customer service until the very end.

Reasons for switching to AvidXchange

Tops did not integrate with any other systems.

April 2022

Improves Organization and Speed Of Processing For Your Invoices!

I think the software is great and would recommend it especially to other property managers who would like to add speed and efficiency to their organization.

Pros

This software is easy to use, allows the user to add and group details pertaining to categorizing expenses for your budget. Timing for payments is key and the functions allow for time delay in processing and delivery of payments to vendors.

Cons

The only con I've found is searching for specific vendors at a particular property. The dropdown box doesn't always populate the vendor once the property is entered.

Al

Great Product. Great Choice

Extremely easy implementation and great customer service. The team will listen to any issues or needs we have and get them implemented as quickly as possible. I enjoy the teams we work with. Payments out to vendors have been expedited 5 fold and payments are easily able to be tracked in a multi-step internal process.

Pros

The eas of use and and turn around time for processing invoices and payments.

Cons

There are still some reporting features that are missing as well as the visibility in the accounting aspect is lacking.

Reasons for choosing AvidXchange

The cost and time frame for implementation.

Diane

May 2022

Great Product, Great People!

This has been a great experience, and a complete change in the way AP works for us. I'm confident AvidXchange will be able to keep up with our growing organization's ever increasing number of invoices and vendors.

Pros

Our Implementation Manager was amazing -- he worked with us to build, fine tune and train through weekly meetings and quick response times. The software does what we need and has become an incredible time saver for our growing organization. Our entire team has easily learned to code and approve invoices, allowing the Finance Team to process and pay quickly.

Cons

This is a robust website, and our rural Internet is sometimes slower than I'd like ... but no fault of AvidXchange!

Reasons for choosing AvidXchange

The attentive nature of the people at AvidXchange, from sales through implementation, as well as its ability to grow with us.

Cindy

Best Accounts Payable Solution for your Business Needs

Processing the large amount of invoices that we have each month for our properties has become streamlined with Avid. We don't have to file and store thousands of invoices a month and cut and sign checks for all of these payments.

Pros

It has streamlined our payables process substantially. All invoices can be located in our Avid module, review and approval of the vendor invoices, and most important, it integrates with our property management software.

Cons

Everything is good, we really don't have any issues.

Reasons for choosing AvidXchange

We chose Avid since it integrated with the property management software we use. The enhancements to this software that has been made over the last few years has made it even easier to use.

Doug

AvidXchange from a VP Perspective

We are processing AP more efficiently and will less staff. Our processes are streamlined for sure

Pros

Once the system is up and running it makes things much smoother. We were able to eliminate a position and one of the unrecognized benefits of the system is how easy bank reconciliations are using Avid. A true plus when we are doing 40+ per month

Cons

There are small enhancements that I think could be implemented but it doesn't seem that there is an avenue to suggest these changes.

Amy

Seamless approvals and time saving

Pros

AvidSuite is so easy to use and makes work more flexible. We are able to work on our payables from anywhere. The approval process is seamless and the memorization of accounts to properties makes this process much faster than what we were doing before AvidXchange.

Cons

The reports are not user friendly. It is extremely difficult to find the report that I want, unless someone from Customer Care assists me. Would be better if this were more user friendly.

Reasons for choosing AvidXchange

Great reputation. Easy integration with our operating & financial software.

Nichol

Love Avid!

I enjoy Avidpay and have used Avid Invoicing services in the past. I highly recommend both when compared with a more traditional way of processing AP.

Pros

Avid saves our Business Office Directors time and provides them the information they need when interacting with our vendors.

Cons

There are a few areas that could be smoother, such as when searching for payments, but overall the software is user friendly and easy to navigate.

Marissa

Extremely Reliable, Saves us Time an Money

Pros

The ease and effectiveness of the service easily saved us from adding additional staffing. There have been very few errors over the years that have needed to be addressed with the support staff.

Cons

The few errors that we encountered. Mostly a few random invoices not being added to our workflow and not receiving notice that they were not processed.

Cameron

Growing Commercial Real Estate Company

Benefits we are realizing include an orderly electronic invoice flow with solid approval processes. Avidpay reduces time and expense be eliminating check printing and envelope stuffing.

Pros

This product scales, as must have feature in a growth business.

Cons

It is difficult to administer. The back end desperately needs a user interface update.

Josh

Industry: Sporting Goods

Simplify Your AP Process

Overall, AvidXchange has saved our company a lot of time. When I first started, I would have employees from different departments coming into my office and handing me invoices. This was not only hard to keep track of, but the invoice would need to be uploaded into the system by me (only one person reviewing header details), I would need to scan the invoice if I wanted a PDF to be attached to the NetSuite record, and then I would need to physically file the invoice. Now, it's as simple as reviewing the invoice in Avid's user-friendly portal and syncing it into our accounting system. Each department will get an invoice based on the supplier's workflow that was set in Avid and all they have to do is review, select what GL they would like to put the invoice to, and submit. Overall experience has been great. One of the few companies we work with that we actually like and feel we are getting our money's worth with. Definitely urge anyone who is looking for an automated A/P system to give Avid a try.

Pros

- AvidXchange has indexers who automatically enter the basic invoice/bill data, then send it into the proper workflow to be reviewed, approved and paid. - Customer Service is phenomenal. I have never had to wait more than 12 hours for a reply. If a check is lost in the mail, Avid will immediately void and re-issue a new check to your supplier. - A/P workflows provide a seamless and efficient way for a bill to be reviewed and approved from the right department. It allows for flexibility and completely removes the need for physical copies of invoices. - Reduces paper. - Our company uses AvidXchange with NetSuite, and we love the fact that invoices are automatically tied in to the NetSuite bills. Easy way to find a document during audits. - Overall worth every penny.

Cons

- Unable to make changes to supplier preferences for your supplier. Instead, you will need to have your supplier reach out to Avid and have them select any payment options, etc.. This isn't a huge deal, but sometimes I wish we could make changes for our customer since they aren't the ones using the software. Other changes can be made by the user, such as address changes, company name changes, etc.. This mostly refers to how a supplier would like to receive payment through AvidPay. - Indexers can make mistakes on basic invoice header data, but this is very rare.

Ella

CPA review for multi entities billing process

Pros

store data and API filters and internal customer inter support - we value the support and continue education of the product

Catherine

Industry: Broadcast Media

AvidXchange

I have been very happy with the product. It provides the options that we were looking for when considering purchase. We only utilize the purchasing, reports, and PO function. When choosing a product we were looking for something that could integrate with Microsoft GP. We did customize a number of things to fit our business and everyone at AvidXchange were great while working thru the process.

Pros

AvidXchange has helped streamline our invoice processing; to eliminate paper, and approval routing time. It provides the approving team access to see where it is in the approval/payment process and see payment information. By providing this information at their fingertips it saves us from receiving emails/phone calls looking for basic information. Overall the departments that use the system are very happy with having access to their invoices in one place.

Cons

The reporting system is cumbersome. I would like a report that would let me customize the detail I am looking for.

Daily Accounts Payable Review Software

Generally good-it serves as a very good document imaging manager with Vendor History and the payment process of getting checks or ACHs to suppliers works seamlessly.

Pros

Ease of Batching approved invoices and integrating them with my accounting software

Cons

At times invoice images get stuck in the inbox and our accounting staff needs to retrieve them manually to get them in the proper workflow

Reasons for choosing AvidXchange

Cost and recommendation by user

I have been using Avid for about 4 years to review and approve various departmental invoices.

Pros

I like that it is easy to find invoices already in the system. I can search by vendor name or invoice number and the invoice and it's history will be retrieved right away.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that once the invoice has been approved and batched to be paid on a certain date, there really is no way for you to know if the check has been cut or sent until the accounts payable department manually updates each invoice with it's check image and number. Wish there was a way for it to be automatically added to Avid and where you can check on the status right away.

Response from AvidXchange

Thank you for the review! Great to see that we're helping your AP process be more efficient. I would love to learn more about the challenges you're having with check payments so we can make sure our product team is aware. Please feel free to reach out. Thank you!

Replied July 2018

Kylee

Invoices and payments made easy!

Getting check requests processed has never been easier! AvidXchange has made invoice approval processes and workflows so much more efficient and environmentally friendly. Because everything is automated through the software, we have been able to better track and approve our invoices. We would sometimes have invoices lost in the processing phases when we did everything through fax and on paper. Now, because our workflows are streamlined within the software, we have all of that invoice data at our fingertips.

Pros

AvidXchange is one of the easiest software platforms I have ever had to learn when it comes to invoicing and payments. Though I am just a user and not an administrator, I do have to send in a lot of check requests and payment requests for our customers and the charities we support. AvidXchange has streamlined this process and eliminated a lot of faxing and paper waste that we once had with our company.

Cons

As a user, I do not have a single complaint with this software. Its incredible functionality makes it great for even the most inexperienced of users. Our entire Marketing team has raved about how easy it is to send invoices and have them processed for review.

An Efficient Invoicing Tool

Avid has been a solid tool for my company to make purchase orders and pay invoices.

Pros

It's relatively easy to use and I really like the comment feature that allows you to easily communicate with the next approvers in the workflow. This communication feature is especially helpful when you are working with people in other offices. The Avid processors are efficient at extracting data from invoices when they are sent in which saves data entry time.

Cons

Setup and implementation took longer than we would have liked and I personally don't like the interface that much. In addition I've experienced many times when the file was too large (above 5 MB?) for Avid to upload which was frustrating because expense reports often are large files.

Tonya

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Very helpful and seemed like the most efficient and provided the most ways to obtain info.

Efficiency, workflow and fraud control, reduced data entry, centralized invoice processing and accuracy.

Pros

Customer service, efficiency, data retainage, ease of finding invoices for vendors and auditors, fraud protection and frequent updates to correct any bugs that are found in the system.

Cons

That utility cutoff notices are placed in the statement queue and that you are not able to look up avengers invoice by the account number.

Response from AvidXchange

Hi Tonya, Thanks for the great review! I will pass on your feedback to our Utility team. If you have any questions feel free to reach out to me personally: billking@avidxchange.com Thanks again!

Replied September 2017

My Thoughts on Avid

Good

Pros

Easy to process invoices, and it is a well know software. Avid Community is a huge plus since it has been implemented.

Cons

Sometimes it can take a while to get a response when a ticket is put into Avid. In General Avid Utility is really difficult to use and can be very slow in the afternoon and evening.

Reasons for choosing AvidXchange

Avid is they system we have now, and it familiar and it works.

User friendly Accounts Payable Software that increases effiency

Overall, I really love AvidXchange and would definitely recommend it to different companies.

Pros

Really saved our company time by switching billing to electronic invoicing system.

Cons

AvidPay could take a long time, and unable to include both account number and invoice number on payment. The timing it takes to convert from VCC (Virtual Card) to Check could take up to 3 weeks which leads to late bills.

Valerie

Avid is completely paperless

We absolutely love it but we wish the minor glitches of the upgrade would be a little smoother.

Pros

When the pandemic hit our company survived because of Avid. It helped us continue our daily functions from home without skipping a beat.

Cons

When you guys upgrade the system seems to slow down and we had a lot of downtime with the latest upgrade.

4.57/5 out of 87 reviews