What are Epic users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Epic software through verified user reviews

• icon"The app for iphone is by far the best EMR app I have used. It is very quick to log on and allows access to most of the things we need."
  • icon"Love the broad diversity and options. There are great search tools, recommendations, and quite easy to use."
  • icon"I love how easy it is to use. It shows when I mistyped something or when taking vital signs it alerts me when it’s abnormal values."
  • icon"There are a few features that are not “user error” friendly meaning there is no possible way to correct an error in a chart with these few specific features."
  • icon"This is by the far the worst EHR software out there. It's confusing, hard to use and just scattered everywhere."
  • icon"There are multiple ways of achieving the same outcome which can get confusing."

Browse all Epic Reviews

• Have you used Epic and would like to share your experience with others?

Darpan

Great EHR tool, no competitiion

Great tool, I love it!

Pros

I have worked with many EHR tools but this is the best one. It has great documentation.

Cons

I feel the backend Clarity database is not modeled in an organized away. Table and column names are not conventional.

Reasons for switching to Epic

Epic being more universally accepted.

Epic1

It is a great software and is highly recommended for all who work in healthcare as it is very advanced

Pros

It is super advanced and is very smart. It has so many features and once learned, is a very high level software

Cons

It’s not the most user friendly as it does require you to complete sims and learning to learn this software

Reasons for switching to Epic

We needed something more advanced for our facility

Ioan

It works but there is a lot of functionality missing

Pros

I like that there is a wealth of information available. the ability to connect to other epic systems has also helped to integrate care.

Cons

The user interface needs a lot of work and is not intuitive. people have to spend years working with it to get a functional product.

Hospital switch

Christina

EPIC makes a great EMR system to be aligned in care everywhere

Personally I would highly recommend the program if you work in Healthcare. It is very simple to use once you are shown how and can actually make many processes easier in the end.

Pros

I have been through 2 EPIC implementations within the same company under 2 different modules. It is very easy to design what you need out of the system and get your info moved into it.

Cons

There are just certain processes or functions that EPIC will not let you customize because it is a core process that will affect other users/companies. A lot of times you have to update your processes and change them to use the system.

Reasons for switching to Epic

To be more aligned with our parent company.

Meagan

Supply management

Epic keeps track of many of the systems that we use in can help with preventing supplies from running out or being wasted

Pros

I like that the software and how it manages the multifaceted aspect of healthcare systems management

Cons

Epic systems in integrated into most of the healthcare network that is used in our company. It makes it hard to use on the system goes down or is unable to function do the upgrades

Tanya

Everyone should use it

I am a strong proponent that all hospital systems should adopt epic as their emrs.

Pros

I love the way I can customize things on epic and be able to use smart phrases and sets and dot phrases and favorite orders to often.

Cons

Sometimes epic is so advanced that it is difficulty to keep up with changes. This is difficult but can be resolved with Epic classes.

Shannon

Great software for healthcare

Overall epic is the best system in healthcare I have used.

Pros

The best thing about epic is the ability to create templates for encounter notes that you use daily. I have about 10 different templates for notes and choose from those 10 depending what my patient is there for and it makes things go much faster for me.

Cons

Sometimes things are updated in epic without warning. This can be frustrating because something major will change that we use daily and we will just have to figure it out.

Kiki

Work

Pros

Epic is probably the easiest system to chart. I've used 2 other systems in my previous jobs and epic is probably the most organized and easy to navigate

Cons

Sometimes the system will lag but it could also be our internet

Epic for healthcare billing

Medical claims billing and collection has been great. Updating to newer modules was a little difficult.

Pros

The ease of billing information and the ease of making corrections.

Cons

The system sometimes appears to hang up if you are attempting to edit an aged invoice.

easy to use

Pros

I've been really happy since we switched to Epic. I can access it anywhere and finish my charting at home.

Cons

I dislike updates because it can be confusing once the interface changes.

EPIC is the Best

Pros

I like the ease of charting on a patient. I have used other charting systems in the line of working in a hospital and Epic is by far the best out there. Much of patient information is transferred across different facilities making it easy to look back on their history to provide better care. The features are great and is fairly easy to navigate.

Cons

It sometimes is difficult specific locations to chart information. There are plenty of tabs to chart under which is great but sometimes can be overwhelming.

Nikki

Professional but redundant

Thorough, professional but redundant and often time consuming to complete a patient pathway for care.

Pros

In healthcare without documentation it didn’t happens so it is key to record what is done for patients. I appreciated how thorough this software is and how quick the dropboxes allowed me to fill out a patient chart while in their room during a treatment session. The shortcut phrases were very helpful for common statements that were needed in patient charts. Being able to create a template made documentation thorough as well.

Cons

Redundant and I wish the software would “talk” to other pages more. For example, as a therapist, I would have to fill out a daily care tab and then a therapy tab, both time stamped the same except it required me to comment in 2 separate areas requiring more of my time to complete. If the system talked to each page then it could auto-populate saving patient treatment time instead of therapist documentation time.

Noel

Best of the hospital systems I have used

If I were a hospital system picking an EMR based solely on usability I would chose Epic. I have used several other EMR systems at other hospitals and none really compare to epic.

Pros

I like the ease of use overall. Once I had templates set up for my personal use it was very quick and easy to write a high quality note that included stuff that was useful and not just filler. I have primarily used it in the nursery. The app for iphone is by far the best EMR app I have used. It is very quick to log on and allows access to most of the things we need. The only downside of the app is the inability to enter orders.

Cons

While it is very east to use once it is customized, a degree in software engineering is almost a requirement to do the customizing yourself. Fortunately I had help when the software was implemented to get exactly what I want. It would be difficulty for me to change things if I needed to.

Tina

Epic is the place to go

I like it honestly. It's a great plateform and organizes all of our patient's information.

Pros

It's great that it houses everything and with training it becomes very easy to navigate plus has cool features like adding a patient's pictures and being able to feed it from other plateforms.

Cons

There are often many steps to take to get to the goal point which could be easier with a few eliminations of steps in the future.

Tara

Epic

Excellent increased job satisfaction helps with speed and quality of a coder

Pros

Enlarged print this year multifunctional holds and displays a large patient stay a very complex job that the system has made easier

Cons

This year there was a change and when I go under document review and click surgery I can’t see the full surgery just the heading but when I go under procedure it shows me the procedure note

Unsure

Julie

Great software for Healthcare

EPIC has been fantastic. As a nurse who started her career with paper charting, EPIC has made things much easier!

Pros

The ability to compile information about a patient from any other facility that uses EPIC. Organization of pt information is organized and easy to access

Cons

I would like a better way to organize tasks for what needs to be completed for our patients. I would also like a simpler look to patient lists and patient tasks

Elizabeth

Epic for Therapists in the Acute Care Setting

Epic has been a game changer to share information between many different facilities, stream-lining care.

Pros

I like that it is easy to use, very user friendly. Epic has many options for accomplishing the same goal which is great for different learning styles, preferences of different users (i.e. using space bar, arrow keys or mouse to advance).

Cons

The software can be very messy when working with different disciplines, as we do in the acute care setting. Many flowcharts, data overlap making it easy to document in another person's note/flowsheet if not careful.

Cathy

Best EMR program

My overall experience with EPIC has been great. All aspects work well and user friendly

Pros

Moving from one section to another goes smoothly. User friendly . Most of Hospitals in area use same program.

Cons

Although easy to use getting trained takes a little too long to learn. Have a hard time with dual screens and a "second" mouse trailing the first, a little annoying.

Epic is a great tool for nurses and better than any other charting system

Overall Epic is an extremely user friendly charting system that allows nurses to quickly chart on their patients and give an accurate description of the patients overall status.

Pros

The software is very user friendly, even for people who are not technologically advanced. Overall very intuitive

Cons

They do not have all realistic options when dealing with patient care. For an example when talking about patients position, they do not have a self option. They have to comment in the box. A lot of "Other" being selected with a description.

Nataliya

Epic review

Overall experience is great because it allows me to do my job that I am suppose to do

Pros

Cons

The thing I like the least about it I would have to say Is I wish it was faster it does freeze and I have to restart the computer

Luanne

Works for our large hospital

Pros

It is easy to find the screen you want. You can go into order history, patient history or find more indepth information by going into the patient's chart.

Cons

When scrolling for the dosing time, you can't see the complete screen at once. You have to scroll side to side to see the day, then back to the times.

Catherine

Epic User

Fair considering it's with a corporate hospital and better than other software I've used in private practice.

Pros

Notes can be done in 5 minutes for physical therapy if your implementation team knows how to set it up appropriately.

Cons

No therapy-specific templates; all have to be built individually

Pascale

Epic Review

Pros

I used EPIC at my previous job and it was great - easy to use, easy to navigate, and the builders seemed to be able to make changes that we suggested.

Cons

Surprisingly, I used EPIC every day and I really don't have any cons to say about it. It seems more reliable than our current system!

Ciara

Great Option for Healthcare Documentation

Overall, I would be happy to use Epic in the future when not working as a student. I think the software is designed in an efficient way and I gained competency in it very quickly following training.

Pros

There are a large number of features available for personalization. This allows users to make their Epic account most efficient for their personal needs.

Cons

It was somewhat challenging to figure out how to use this software as a therapy student needing my supervisor to co-sign my notes. We eventually figured out a process that worked for us and met the facility's standards, but it was not highly efficient.

Pretty good

Fairly positive. Best of the currently available records.

Pros

Lots of rich features that can be customized to your needs. Easy to navigate. Powerful search feature.

Cons

They sometimes change features and make it harder to navigate. Not sure they always know what they are found

4.57/5 out of 54 reviews