What are SAP Ariba users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using SAP Ariba software through verified user reviews

• icon"Still, it integrates nicely with the ERP and keeps all the transactions in sync."
  • icon"What before required the use of numerous on-line systems and phone calls to vendors and many hours of time per seek, can now be accomplished in one place, with a time savings of 25."
  • icon"Having worked before with SAP ERP exclusively, coming into Ariba is a fresh breath of air. The UI looks very nice compared to SAP GUI."
  • icon"If there is a wrong information the invoice will not migrated to the payment system."
  • icon"Then, when SAP Ariba signs enough mutual customers, they start charging the VENDOR for a service they hate using."
  • icon"Worst, though, is that they're charging customers for it - and telling vendors that their account is free."

Browse all SAP Ariba Reviews

• Have you used SAP Ariba and would like to share your experience with others?

marvin

Ariba Commerce Cloud

is a excellent tool to key invoices in less than 5 minutes and that is great for collection team also the features in order to track the invoice status and avoid payment delay.

Pros

is a friendly tool to use in order to manual key the invoices to the accounts payable team in order to get the payment on time, in this tool you can see the invoice status and the schedule payment date.

Cons

if there is a wrong information the invoice will not migrated to the payment system.

Mohamed

User Review - SAP Ariba

- My impression is that SAP Ariba Represent the best solution of Suppliers Management, The software cover all the Suppliers needed Data ( Registration, Qualification, Performance, Pre-Risk Assessment).

Pros

- Evaluate risks in the Supplier´s value chain in the following areas: a. Quality Management, b. Sustainability and integrity, c. Health / Safety / Environmental, d. Quality and Continuous Improvement, e. Operation Excellence and Supply Chain, f. Data Security - Supports the process for conducting a financial health review of the supplier. - Be efficient through the sharing of supplier qualification status and risk mitigation actions across the company

Cons

- Prompt Assistance is needed form the support Team is needed especially on assisting the supplier who has troubles with registration in SAP Ariba.

Ashley

June 2022

Beware

We have run in to more problems than solutions with Ariba. Again, being able to see the status of invoices and PO's is great, but I dread when I get emails letting me know a new PO is available or when I have to send invoices through this site. I don't ever expect it to work.

Pros

I like that I can see the status of my uploaded invoices and the status of my customers' purchase orders without having to reach out to the customer.

Cons

I do not like that this software constantly throws errors and doesn't always process my invoices. Half the time, I don't know whether the invoice was sent or not because it jumps me back to the home screen when I'm mid-way through uploading an invoice. When trying to open purchase orders, I constantly get "exception encountered" error messages and have to reopen the PO's numerous times in order to see them, then cross my fingers that I don't get the "exception encountered" error message again and again when I choose print. The worst part is that we as the customer are forced to pay for this service that rarely works. We have no choice be to receive PO's from this site and to send invoices through this site. Some of our invoices come to ~$35 A PIECE to send! Many customers use sites that are no cost to us that work significantly better than this one.

Fahed

April 2022

Your Perfect Business Partner

Over all experience from Ariba 8 / 10

Pros

as a Company you can outsource multiple functions to Ariba saving you lot of your precious time and money as you get one stop shop for your needs as compare to managing a big team for getting the same kind and amount of output.

Cons

Customer support service could have been better.

Amy

Industry: Executive Office

One-Stop for Vendors and Purchasing

Overall I like Ariba. It is fairly easy to use and navigate, and provides a one-stop SAP for it's clients.

Pros

What I like most is that you can follow a job, from purchase order to invoice, in one place. You get notified when a purchase order has been entered or changed, and you can go in and submit your invoice against the PO once the job is done. You can also track the invoice's progress through the system on its way to payment.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that if you make a mistake, it can take some time to get it corrected in the system, sometimes taking away precious time in getting paid for a job.

Kortne

May 2022

KS Review

Pros

The software was visually appealing and easy to use

Cons

I have absolutely zero complaints about this software.

Alaa

December 2021

Overall Ariba is a useful

Very useful and easy

Pros

Very easy to use and understand. It makes managing the approval of invoices really easy.

Cons

finding past invoices is not easy. Inputs of budgets are still slow and highly manual.

We use this as a supplier. And it's not very friendly

Little benefits. We use it since our customers use it and we're forced to.

Pros

You can monitor and capture some request from the customers, receive notifications, process everything online.

Cons

Is not very user friendly, support is really hard to get, you can't really create reports and search engines are not good. From a supplier's perspective is not very good.

Ronald

Industry: Environmental Services

July 2022

Hostage situation

I was incredulous when I learned that we now had to pay a percentage of ALL of our invoices just to collect money for services rendered.

Pros

Nothing. Bloated functionality based on old coding.

Cons

Part of the new model of corporate accounting apparently. Charge the vendor for the privilege of sending an invoice.

Alexandru-George

Industry: International Affairs

Time used: Free Trial

Waleed

February 2022

The best expense tracking system along the supply chain

SAP Ariba helps me manage my expenses and track and evaluate them to accomplish the best supply chain operations. It also keeps track of the accounts we have paid or need to pay, so you are completely aware of your contractual duties. The finest vendors and rates allowed us to simplify procurement operations and boost contract transparency.

Pros

It is the best management program that helps companies expand, as it provides many services that allow new horizons for cooperation with others and contribute to increasing the company's ability to track spending. SAP Ariba provides complete transparency in the procurement process. Through its analytical tools, it is able to connect suppliers and buyers on a single platform, enabling them to complete all stages smoothly and flexibly. The user interface is attractive and easy to use, and it is cloud-based, enabling all parties involved in the operations to get the best fit for their services. I like the reports that I can get that show you consumption patterns and many data according to your interests, which gives you new horizons and gives you ideas that enable you to get the desired success.

Cons

It has not many negatives. In terms of business as well as day-to-day dealings with suppliers, I find it to be a useful software that I can rely on for management needs. It requires some training to use its services effectively, and some apps have trouble connecting with it.

Powerful Vendor Management software

I would highly recommend this product for companies looking to manage a large number of properties with a large array of services and vendors that need to be managed. Once you get all your properties, services and vendors setup, you will save so much time and have control over your service contracts.

Pros

From a vendor side of this software, it was revolutionary. We got paid 10 times faster for our service contracts. Batch invoicing was easy and organized. It was easy to batch invoice monthly for our standard service contracts and also the functionality of specialty services that were not a part of the regular scope of the monthly services. As an account manager, Ariba actually helped me to manage our facilities maintenance service providers. Also, as a project manager, it was easy to submit specialty invoices. They would then be sent to the correct team of our client for review and easy approval.

Cons

At the start is was difficult to learn. But during the course of using the software, Ariba upgraded features and once we learned how to utilize all the features, the benefits prevailed.

Shivam

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Ariba - A good solution for POs & Invoicing Needs

Overall experience has been good with Ariba. Its a good tool to manage procurement and purchasing/invoicing needs from suppliers and vendors.

Pros

The best about this software is that it is very easy to create requisitions with this and once it goes through the approval process get converted to Purchase Order to be sent to the supplier/vendor. It also has many features where if you are out of office you can delegate your approval to someone at the same level as you or your senior. This adds a layer to security. You can initiate POs on behalf of someone and it sends an emails about the approval flow to them for visibility purposes. You can also add an extra approver as needed. It also has a procurement app which makes approving POs so easy.

Cons

Ariba requires detailed training before use. Initial setup and training is extremely important to launch this software for everyone to use. Searching through old POs is not easy but once you learn this art it can be extremely beneficial for reports and calculations for management.

Clari

Not designed for sourcing managers’ needs

Good for process compliance folks, bad for sourcing managers and suppliers. Don’t buy, avoid. Really!

Pros

It’s a compliance tool so it’s a way of ensuring that offers sent by suppliers, tender documents etc are captured centrally and survives even though an employee has left the org.

Cons

I hate Ariba and I will have plenty of reasons to justify this. First, this was not designed to be user friendly or intuitive at all! It’s like a programmer decided to be a procurement manager and started introducing complicated steps to what is otherwise straightforward. Sending a tender document to suppliers by email takes 5 min vs sending by ariba which takes anything between 5 hours to set up to 5 days depending on approval gateways. Secondly, it’s very unforgiving. If you didn’t do something the right way, the only way to undo it is to start from scratch. Third, it’s user interface sucks. Nothing is connected or seamless. You literally have to memorise the series of tabs and drop down cells to run a tender. Fourth, it’s NOT customisable at all. Everything seems to be hard coded and if there’s any feature or function change it will take months even years to get implemented. Lastly, I’ve used ariba in a previous organisation 9 years ago and well… I’m using ariba in my new org now and NOTHING has changed. So you’re buying a junk car who will tell you that to turn right you have to steer your wheel one full turn first before you can turn right.

Chad

Ariba for Purchasing Aggregation

We're so glad we made this change and are now asking why we didn't do it sooner!

Pros

Ariba has allowed us to consolidate our ordering processes under one, simple-to-use dashboard. What before required the use of numerous on-line systems and phone calls to vendors and many hours of time per seek, can now be accomplished in one place, with a time savings of 25%.

Cons

Roll out was shaky and the learning curve was a bit steep for a number of our users. But, as with anything, practice makes perfect.

Bruno

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Long time User

Great tool for e sourcing, online bidding events for cost reduction initiatives

Pros

It is the go to tool for onlinebidding. Vendors are familiar with the tool. Buyers have another strategy for cost savings

Cons

It has so many features that sometimes creating a bidding event can take some time and effort to set up.

SAP Ariba Review

Overall, I would recommend Ariba. Once set up it is simple to use and will save you a lot of time.

Pros

It is a really flexible piece of software for managing spend with vendors. Once vendors and services are set up it makes the whole spend process much easier meaning that purchasing decisions can be dealt with quickly and easily.

Cons

At first it can be hard to navigate the system and get everything set up.

Extortion

They're big, they don't give a crap about you. They're great at selling this 'service' to customers, so prepare yourself, as a vendor, to have your 'free' standard account upgraded to a paid account without your permission.

Pros

Nothing. I hate this software. We use it only because our customers require us to

Cons

It's awkward and outside of our normal processes. Every customer uses it slightly differently, so you never really get used to what each one needs. Customer support is terrible - and we need to call them EVERY TIME we need to process an invoice in the platform. Worst, though, is that they're charging customers for it - and telling vendors that their account is free. Then, when SAP Ariba signs enough mutual customers, they start charging the VENDOR for a service they hate using. They get paid on both ends of the transaction - even though we're transacting through Ariba under protest. It's extortion, really.

Reasons for choosing SAP Ariba

We did NOT choose SAP Ariba. Our customers did, and they're the only reason that we continue to use it.

Callon

SAP Ariba Review

Overall, this software is great for an accounting software for both vendor and customer.

Pros

This software is user-friendly for not just payables representatives, but also customers. The customers can use it to send their invoices.

Cons

Sometimes there are issues with the invoices when they get submitted by the customers, which cause delay in getting them paid.

Ariba

Pros

Ariba is a necessary tool in my job. It was really easy to learn and has a lot of features.

Cons

Not many issues with Ariba. Sometimes their are glitches but that could be on my company's end and not a true Ariba issue.

Ariba Commerce Cloud

Pros

The community linked to the tool. It has a lot of features that can be customized too.

Cons

no ease of use. Can be tricky to use, not friendly enough

Colleen

Industry: Machinery

User of product

Pros

Emailed Reminders so approvals are done and not past due.

Cons

It is to generic when it comes to specifications . Small companies arer required to carry all the same HR related policies as big ones. Hard to navigate.

Jose Miguel

Industry: Oil & Energy

Reliability in procurement!

Pros

This software provide 100% clarity to procurement process, encrypting the supplier´s quotetions until deadline, you can see your work in progress and your pending tasks.

Cons

Is not that easy to use, and may be difficult for new providers to use the platform.

Muhammad

Industry: Utilities

The one of the best tool which helps you in managing your procurement cycle.

Pros

As my company SAP heavy so one thing generally I like about this product is it is smoothly integrated with my existing SAP product.

Cons

Product/material inspection process should also be the part of this product

Gabriel

Modernized supply chain solution

Pros

Having worked before with SAP ERP exclusively, coming into Ariba is a fresh breath of air. The UI looks very nice compared to SAP GUI. Still, it integrates nicely with the ERP and keeps all the transactions in sync. It gives you the option of either doing direct connectivity to the ERP (which can be helpful for smaller companies) or integrating through middleware.

Cons

Customization of business processes can be difficult, since this is a Software as a Service. It mostly focuses on giving you a standardized experience out of the box.

SAP Ariba