• Pros

• "great visibility to our 3PL business and order volume in general"

• "Makes things a breeze and takes the top tech used in fulfillment centers run by Amazon and large-scale fulfillment centers in the palm of your hands. "

• "Visibility on orders from on hand to back ordered to orders. Invoicing Features"

• Cons

• "It takes time to get setup initially. There's a learning curve, and you need to ask some questions to get the setup correct. I don't have much else."

• "the client portal - specifically what 3PL customers have or do not have access and visibility to their orders, activity and reports."

• "Takes some time getting used to Shiphero's style but once you do its not too bad. "

Browse ShipHero Reviews

Graciela from Discovery Clothing Company

We have been using ShipHero for a few years and we absolutely love the software! Everything we need!

Discovery Clothing everything we were looking for: rate shopping, pick/packing features, warehouse management and reporting. We are really glad we found ShipHero!

Pros

ShipHero has really brought our warehouse and shipping departments to another level! Being new to the eCommerce space, we weren't really sure what running a shipping department entailed. ShipHero went above and beyond to help us understand the software and how ShipHero could make our daily operations more efficient! Team even advised on the set up of our warehouse! The entire team at ShipHero is very knowledgeable and quickly resolve our issues. I would highly recommend ShipHero to anyone who is looking for a long term partner in their eCommerce business.

Cons

If there are any updates to code on ShipHero's end, most of the time we find out after they have been implemented. Sometimes this causes interruptions to our business however the support team is very quick to fix any issues. Kudos to the support team!!!

Jacob from Industry Threadworks

Big Improvements Even Early On

We are still in the process of transitioning a majority of our clients over, however I can already see the benefits of this system as a whole. We had our onboarding contact and she was super helpful, responsive, and just an all-around great person to work with, especially fielding all the random and sometimes convoluted questions. Having that initial point of contact was a huge help in getting the system set up and running. Really looking forward to what this system will help us do as we grow and implement it more.

Pros

Overall, the software is highly intuitive and with enough playing around with the system, things make sense. Maybe part impatience and part eagerness, I was able to jump in before or between calls and generally figure out how things operate on a macro level. The ease of having the iPad to make inventory or other small product changes without having to either make notes and bring them all back to a computer or to constantly walk back and forth has also been a huge time saver. Also a huge fan of how easy it is to track, manage, and keep up to date on inventory of all products at a given time.

Cons

There are certain aspects of the browser interface that I feel operate in an odd fashion, but it's nothing that can't be adapted to. Not being able to print barcodes based off on-hand inventory numbers is one, having the left side of the screen dictate scrolling of the entire page while looking at orders and inventory is another, which relates to the last point of selecting check boxes of products and having the expanding and collapsing of the left hand margin dictate the entire page placement. At first, the multiple window openings and constant re-signing in was a hassle, but I feel as if I notice that less the more I move through the system. Again, none of those things are massive inconveniences yet I feel they are small hiccups in an otherwise streamlined system. If there is a place to send suggestions or ask questions about the layout of the software as a whole going forward, I'll definitely keep it in mind. I'm always open for having that communication as I am typically an inquisitive person.

Jack from GiddyUp Fulfillment

Industry: Warehousing

ShipHero to the Rescue!

ShipHero has an awesome support team and group of individuals to answer the call for your 3PL business needs!

Pros

great visibility to our 3PL business and order volume in general

Kathryn from The Prospect NY

Very hard to use and many issues with printing shipping labels.

Pros

Really do not like much about this software. I think it's very expensive and very difficult to use. Have found other options at better value.

Cons

Very difficult and very expensive software. Do not feel that it is a good shipping solution and there are many other options out there that are very user friendly and much less cost.

Response from ShipHero

Replied March 2018

Hello Kathryn, Nicholas here. Sincerely sorry to hear of your frustrations here, especially after reaching out to you and your team via email, and speaking with you on the phone. I agree that your requirements do not match what ShipHero is designed for as a WMS/OMS solution. We can't be everything to everyone, although I wish we could :) I wish you much success with your new solution, and will always be available to you should you have any questions or want to talk further.

Randall from Golden Egg Solutions

Industry: Warehousing

Clear choice for warehousing and fulfillment

Shiphero has helped my business immensely! The roll out and set up was much quicker than what we would have expected saving a tremendous amount of time and money. Once it was live, our ability to effectively manage our workflow with a focus on accuracy and efficiency has been a night and day difference from our previous system significantly reducing our picking and packing errors. I truly feel that we now have a system that can support much larger future growth without breaking the bank.

Pros

Simple, clean and incredibly user friendly interface which takes the guess work out of training and implementation all while being more cost conservative compared to other options.

Cons

Reporting and billing functionality could use some upgrades to provide "Snap shot" reports. Client billing set up is clunky and doesn't have very detailed customization

Reasons for Choosing ShipHero

Price, simplicity, user function, and pre-built integrations

Tommy from Lettbutikk AS

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Making warehousing great again.

We are able to keep track of our costumers inventory. Ease of use for the people on the floor. Amazing customer support. And during the times we do not have any need of customer support - A good laugh is always to find in Shiphero. *Nothing but love guys.

Pros

What I like the best about Shiphero as a software: 1. The ease of use - We can train a new worker in less than 15minutes. 2. All the cool functionality which makes my workday a little easier.

Cons

I have features that I wish for - But the good thing about Shiphero is that they most of the time listen to these wishes. But to mention one con for me - Then it would be confusing error messages. Errors dosn't happen often - But most of the time the error message just dosn't make sense (To me at least)

Reasons for Choosing ShipHero

To start with - It was just a better design. But as we got to know it, it became so much more :)

Response from ShipHero

Replied March 2020

Tommy, You're one of our favourites and always will be. Continue kicking arse good chap. -n

Steven from Wholesale Accessory Market

Industry: Wholesale

ShipHero...simply the BEST!

The reality of all of this is that none of these systems came close to matching the functionality and efficiency of ShipHero. ShipHero welcomed us back with open arms and got us up in running again in just a couple of days. Yosef and the entire team at ShipHero came together to make it happen. We now have our wholesale and retail sites connected back to ShipHero and plan to add our brick and mortar next. Thank you ShipHero!

Pros

Prior to ShipHero, our Customer Service team was spending hours printing orders. We had a team of Order Checkers doing nothing but checking orders that had been pulled by our 1st team of order pullers to ensure the integrity of the order. We also were having to use a second software platform, ShipStation, to handle the actual shipping process. With ShipHero, we were able to eliminate all of this. Thanks to paperless order picking via barcode scanning, we no longer print and staple orders for hours every day. Since every product gets scanned before it gets added to a bin, we were also able to transition our entire team of order checkers to other positions which immediately made us more productive. And as for the shipping process, we were able to eliminate a second software charge because ShipHero handles the process from start to finish.

Cons

Now, only because it’s my second nature to always be looking for something better, in March of 2019 I began participating in demo’s of other inventory management systems. We looked in depth at Veeqo, Tradegecko, BrightPearl, SKUvault, OrderHive, Zoho and Clear Spider. All of these systems had their strengths and weaknesses but due to BIG promises of a more streamlined workflow and better reporting, we left ShipHero and went with SKUvault. Needless to say, after lots of money, 2 months of ‘Training and Implementation’ and 3 weeks Live operating the software, it was not what we had hoped for. Granted, SKUvault attempted to help us work through all of this but, in the end, the functionality was inefficient.

Ivan from KommandoStore

When Shipstation Doesn't Cut It Anymore (Moving to Shopify+? Shiphero should be a prerequisite)

First things first DO NOT confuse Shiphero with "Shipping Managers" like Shipstation, Easyship, Shippo (etc.) These companies will focus on their core competency in sales calls, and will not highlight the fact that they are not designed for robust inventory management, digital pick and pack or the day to day running a warehouse. Shiphero, like Shopify+ was a bit of a leap of faith for us. Particularly the upfront cost. We already had most of the hardware for a pick and pack station (printer, scale etc) but purchasing ipads and scanners represented a not-insignificant investment before we could effectively use the software. Since onboarding and using the system volume has increased dramatically. So much so that the investment in the Shiphero and the hardware seems laughable now. When you factor in labor costs, and lost revenue due to inventory errors, packing errors, and slow/disorganized shipping Shiphero pays for itself very quickly. Our situation was a little tricky in that we had to coordinate with some difficult international carriers and use cases for DDP shipping. It took us longer than I would have wanted to get this up and running, but I genuinely believe we were an edge case and that most merchants will find transitioning to Shiphero to be easy.

Pros

Tight, logical and painless integration with Shopify, great pick/pack UI, feature set which enables even small businesses to operate like a fulfillment center, easy to onboard packers and CS agents, great shipping rules and rate engine which allows rate shopping and dynamic carrier/service selection... Other companies will have you sign 5 figure contracts for "enterprise" software which preforms only marginally better than Shiphero does in practice. There's a balance between complexity and practicality here---and in my opinion Shiphero NAILS it's niche. It gives you all of the features "the big guys have" without an insane contract/price commitment or a system so complicated you require dedicated staff just to manage things. If you're on Shopify, syncing is bi-directional for most things. This means that you'll only really find yourself going to Shiphero to update inventory and mange orders. By default, pricing, variant settings, skus etc all sync from Shopify. This lets you and your staff continue to use Shopify normally, and Shiphero doesn't have to pretend to be your store. It just does what it was designed to do---streamline your warehousing and fulfillment.

Cons

User based pricing model is restrictive but fair, "admin dashboard" UI---while utilitarian---is cluttered and occasionally results in user errors, documentation is not always comprehensive and admin UI lacks clear and concise tooltips, not optimized for certain types of international carriers (APC), returns functionality is clunky and although functional could be better

Brittany from BURST Oral care

Not All Heroes wear capes...

We are so much more clear on what's moving in and out of our 3pl warehouse, we are able to handle customer services issues much better.

Pros

This software is incredibly easy for me to track the orders coming out of my system (which is custom, not shopify) and being fulfillled out of my 3PL. I can easily fix address issues, track inventory and handle the quarterback's view of the field as needed. I think the support team involved with the software is also phenomenal - as we have questions they are so great at getting back with us. I also love the integration features.

Cons

I like nearly everything about it, I can't complain!

Reasons for Choosing ShipHero

Better product at a better price!

Maddie from Senita Athletics

Mediocre

Pros

That you can keep track of inventory that is "on hand" and "available". I also like how you can arrange all of your inventory in a certain order and assign it a location so that when you're picking orders you go in order and don't have to keep walking up and down aisles.

Cons

It is glitchy. Inventory counts will be off just after a few days of correcting them. We've also had connection problems with the software and our printers. The customer support chat people are also not very helpful.

Konstantinos from brands4all.myshopify.com

It's a great app and comes with a great team which is there for you whenever you need their support.

Prior to using Shiphero, we had used different apps for syncing our inventory with three Shopify shops. Those apps had many problems, most of them related to the large number of products they had to keep in sync at all times. Shiphero did a great job since day one with regards to that. The first time it had to scan our entire three shops in order to create its database, and ever since it has been running flawlessly. But the benefits of using Shiphero do not end there. As a matter of fact, that is actually just the beginning. Due to their iPad & iPod/iPhone apps it is a piece of cake for us to carry one such device and a barcode scanner around and pick products easier than ever. The interface is so easy everyone can use it in as little time as two minutes after introduction to the software. Moreover, Shiphero allows you to not only pick orders' products, but also pack them and prepare orders to be shipped. Unfortunately, due to our not knowing about Shiphero earlier, we had developed our own private app for many of its functions, so we are not using all Shiphero ones.

Pros

+ Setup is as easy as one, two, three + Ease of use + Rich documentation + It's SAAS + Great support with live chat feature without leaving the app environment + It is very good value for money + It probably has more features than you may ever need + It can sync the inventory to many shops at the same time + It aids you in managing your warehouse(s) + It can handle multiple warehouses + You can use it to print shipping vouchers and invoices. In other words you can use it to fulfill orders from within it + Allows you to choose how to use it - Does not force you to do it "their own way" + Very easy to set up on Shopify + Quite quick and responsive most of the time + Easy integration with major shipping carriers + Option for overcoming Shopify throttling for Shopify Plus Shops (great for large inventories) + Easy to use iOS apps for iPad and iPod/iPhone + Provided list of tested and compatible hardware devices (it's an HID thing) + Per user billing, instead of per shop billing or other weird and unclear billing system + Dedicated Reports menu + Did I mention GREAT STAFF? + From time to time they are checking to see how you're doing, how Shiphero is performing, whether you need assistance with anything, and all that without "by-the-way-did-you-check-this-or-that-new-features-of-ours" practices!

Cons

- Loading products page can become slow in very large inventories - Support is not 24/7 yet, which is not optimal for non-East-Coast-US located shops - No Android app support yet - Compatible hardware with Shiphero iOS apps are a bit pricey and add to the total cost of use

Response from ShipHero

Replied March 2018

Sir Konstantinos, I speak on behalf of the entire ShipHero team when I say we heart you and your team. It's an honour and pleasure to be part of your success! We do however wish we could join you in Greece, sigh, one day. I will update you when the Android app finally drops... it's on the roadmap. Cheers -nicholas

Mike from Red Biolab

Exactly What We Were Looking For!

30K+ orders per month. We recently changed to ShipHero from another well known shipping software, and it has really done well at minimizing order errors. We ship a little slower since we elect to scan the items on pick, then re-scan when we pack, but that process can be modified. The labels (when doing single item batches) aren't the fastest, but we have the system set to rate-shop every package. We were introduced to an update that's coming and it really sped up this process. As for support, we have nothing bad to say. They are quick to respond and have worked hard to fix any issues we have seen. There was no down time with orders while we changed software providers. This was my main concern when I saw that there wasn't a direct customer service line, so I set up a meeting to discuss this ahead of time. They explained that customer service issues that are causing a delay in orders going out is always a priority and will be handled quick, while issues that are like-to-haves or lower priority items are handled a little slower (which is understandable). Someone from their implementation team traveled in to help us launch successfully and we are thankful they did. We had a ton of issues and it wasn't ShipHero.. it was how the old software communicated fulfillment statuses to the orders in Shopify. All-in-all, the software is great. There are a lot of features we would like to see, some of them are already in the works. In our opinion, this system is the best value for 3PL so

Pros

Easy to use and navigate. Simplified out pick/pack/ship operation The company has been great with helping set up the software for what we do.. not expect us to change our operations to make their software work

Cons

A few features we still want. These are just wish-list items, but don't keep us from performing. The company has listened to our ideas and some are already in the works from previous company requests.

George from 93 Brand

ShipHero Review

Pros

The software does everything my ecommerce company needs to run operation. Picking and packing? It's awesome, using tablets and barcode scanners for accuracy and batch picking for speed. Shipping? We select the Cheapest option and ShipHero finds and prints the cheapest shipping carrier method that gets it there in time, without us having to do work. Stock management? It just works. Purchase orders and receiving? Yep, does that. Returns management? Yep, that too, plus customers can generate their own returns, which is pretty much a requirement for ecommerce in 2018. Add in great reliability, support people that get things done. I recommend ShipHero

Cons

Response from ShipHero

Replied March 2018

Hello George! Happy to know we're helping you literally kick some bottom :) We're currently working on a feature to correctly guess the winning lottery numbers - stay tuned. Feel free to reach out at anytime. Cheers -nicholas

Sam from Sivana

Nothing like it out there

Makes running logistics easy.

Pros

Cons

Certain features still need minor modifications to make it easier and faster for the end user. I would love it if they had engineers dedicated to refining existing features as well as the big high-level new functionality they always got in the works.

Response from ShipHero

Replied April 2018

Sam, Thank you for the kind words chap. having worked with you for a couple of years now, it's an absolute honour to be of service. Here's to many more years. -nicholas

Veronica from Glassy LLC

ShipHero is the best inventory/shipping system I have encountered.

Pros

The syncing capabilities to Shopify and the accuracy of inventory. The customer service is always very helpful and quick because of their chat feature.

Cons

Not compatible with Quickbooks yet. We do wholesale orders through Quickbooks and have to take extra steps to transfer it to ShipHero which gets tedious.

Response from ShipHero

Replied March 2018

Ello Veronica, I've been told by the team to give you a wave too! Thank you for leaving us your review. It's an absolute honour to work with you, never hesitate to reach out with questions or thoughts - we're here to help. I will keep you in the loop on when we (finally) get Quickbooks integrated :) Cheers -nicholas

Daniel from Gardin Shop

Amazing customer support. Software has a lot to offer.

Pros

Inventory management section. Easy to find and edit products with a tag and quick edit feature. Got a great understanding of inventory management from learning this software. Learned a great deal from the members of Shiphero as well.

Cons

Response from ShipHero

Replied April 2018

Thank you for the review Dan! Never hesitate to reach out as your business grows so we can make sure ShipHero is optimized as your operations scale. In the meantime, continue kicking arse. -nicholas

Jeff from Xcel Fulfillment

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

ShipHero Review

Pros

Good technology and concept. A good tool

Cons

Not a lot of training to start out. Its a lot of figuring it out for yourself. However thats been upgraded since we started and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been great.

aaron from nationwide accss

So far i has been reliable. We are now using it to print labels and it is working great so far!

Our shippers can now print shipping labels. Which is really helpful for us

Pros

The feature of scanning product bar codes helps a lot with inventory. Plus the ability to print shipping labels is a charm.

Cons

There are times that it is slow. But it doesn't happen all the time. So it is not a big deal for us.

Outstanding.

Efficient warehouse management system at a great price.

Pros

Easy to use for our team. Excellent support both pre and post sale. Innovative features including the ipad/iphone apps for warehouse team.

Cons

software is amazing as it stands, but the thing I like least is that it's not available within Shopify admin control panel and you have to access a new set of logins etc.

Response from ShipHero

Replied March 2018

Thank you for the feedback! We work hard to provide a comprehensive solution as well as passionate and responsive customer support. Never hesitate to reach out with any questions or thoughts. Thank you for trusting ShipHero and the team, it's an honour to be a part of your success. Cheers -nicholas

Erik from ShipDaddy

Small ECommerce Warehouse Startup

Strong software that covers all the bases. Wonderful employees - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Pros

There are a number of features that make fulfillment a breeze. We've greatly reduced our total workflow hours. Also, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was a fantastic help when we were having issues while learning.

Cons

There are some design choices that baffle me. For instance, the endeavor portion of the software has menus only accessible after clicking the "stations" button. Only then can you see inventory options.

Has potential to be exceptional, but falls short in a few areas

Organization in warehouse, reduce error in fulfillment

Pros

reduce errors in picking and packing - we are now more organized in our warehouse and the support chat team is available a lot to help answer questions

Cons

we oversell, the integration with shopify is a little glitchy... support chat doesn't always see problems to the solution

Response from ShipHero

Replied March 2018

Hello! I'm Nicholas, coFounder of ShipHero. Sincerely sorry to hear you're having issues - we work really hard to provide brilliant service for all of our customers. I've read your review and want to understand what issues you're seeing, our team can work with you directly to resolve. -nicholas

Esther from Wolf&Shepherd

my experience so far has been a good one

Pros

what i like most about this software is how simple it is to use and how useful the help is when you come across problems.

Cons

What I like least about this software is how sometimes help takes a while to respond back to my replies, especially when i need a quick reply.

Response from ShipHero

Replied March 2018

Hello Esther! Want to say thank you to yourself, Hope, Dan & Ashley! Sincerely appreciate the feedback and opportunity to work with such a fabulous team. Cheers -nicholas

The Best 3PL Software

Pros

— Easy to use — A ton of features that make everything work more efficiently (e.g. smart automation) — Makes returns simple — Integrates with a bunch of other apps (Shopify, FBA, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, and more)

Cons

What's not to like? Great features and easy to use, all at a fair price.

Britt from Advoc8

Industry: Fund-Raising

ShipHero

It's been good! Can't wait to get to where we can advance and utilize more features.

Pros

Visibility on orders from on hand to back ordered to orders. Invoicing Features

Cons

Needs more filters to view and manager orders

Hasini from MAS Holdings

Using ShipHero for Multi Channel Commerce

I am fully satisfied with the ShipHero functions given me in connecting suppliers as well as customers all around the world

Pros

Shiphero is a multi channel commerce facilitating software which enables us to do inventory and warehouse management easily. I connects both customers as well as suppliers in different corners to go for business progress

Cons

The tracking information sending is a good functionality of the software but it is less personal when comes to customers

shiphero

Pros

i work for an ecommerce shipping company. platforms like this really help us accomplish a lot for our customers and our business

Cons

it works very well, there are no major problems.