• Pros

• "The software is lightweight and reliable. Plus it is really easy to contact support which is really important for us."

• "I use ShipWorks every day to ship our online orders. The software functionality is awesome. We are able to ship our orders quickly and easily."

• "It does it all with simply to use templates and if you ever have a problem support just takes control of your computer and fixes no questions asked."

• Cons

• "Cost to use gets on the high side otherwise customer service takes a little more time to assist with complicated functions"

• "It was a little difficult initially to navigate the settings and change preferences. Other than that I have no other cons."

• "The only con would be the learning curve. It takes a little while to familiarize yourself with all the options and power ShipWorks has to offer."

Browse ShipWorks Reviews

Ray from The Lenci Group

Reliable, professional CS and a robust tool

Pros

The flexibility and customization is everything an ecommerce firm needs. From managing our backorder to sending vital vommunications, Shipworks probably does a lot more than what we currently use it for. I love it!

Cons

Not being a cloud based system really stinks. It makes having employees in multiple locations, to work in the same data very difficult. It actually prevents us from scaling our business because if we could have more users see and utilize the same database in various locations in the US we could employ more people and designate specific tasks to streamline fulfillment and customer service.

Sidney from Flip It North

July 2016

The one program that makes my business succeed

I was looking for a product like this, and tried shipworks after several competitors. They sat with me on the phone to get it set up, and literally after that ten minute call, its been saving me five to six hours a day in shipping and organization time. Shipworks is the single most valuable piece of software in my online sales, and is flexible enough to expand as my business grows to other platforms. The support when there is an issue is amazing, they are easy to talk to and immediately fix problems, which is a must with mission critical software. I have now shipped over 10,000 packages with shipworks and am a huge fan. If you're looking to simplify your life and improve your shipping process, get this software, its a game changer.

Pros

It just works. It organizes your data from different sources, allows for varied analysis, and has many built in features that save a lot of time and money. I use this to leave feedback, print and schedule orders, email customers before I ship, check when orders were sent out, leave notes when there are problems, and a million other things. The best thing about shipworks is the amazing support, when something goes wrong, they fix it in minutes to keep you up and running.

Cons

I wish there would be WYSIWYG editing for templates instead of complex XML, support for Canada Post commercial accounts, the ability to print indicia for shipping on demand, the ability to update tracking after a label has been printed, more customer and order analysis tools, Canadian address validation,. I would also like to see very cheap or free new channel addons for very low volume channels, so we can try new ecommerce platforms without committing to the minimum package per month.

Josiah from Glass One

Industry: Glass, Ceramics & Concrete

Best Customer Service and most customization

Pros

I have called into customer service multiple times and they are one of the best support teams I've ever reached out to. Every member I have spoken with has been very knowledgeable, they've followed up on problems, and much more experienced then a level 1 helpdesk. Additionally theis software is customizable to meet our needs. We've automated every step of our shipping process and now save an hour a day as opposed to when we used UPS Worldship or USPS Endicia.

Cons

There is a little bit of a learning curve when first using this software, but they have multiple articles on getting started.

Allyse from Baby Cubby

Couldnt do my job without it!

In general it has been great and gets the job done for what we need!

Pros

Y personal pros of shipworks would be the ability to communicate with our warehouse from our retail store. We share inventory- so we would not make it if we didnt have a sure way to communicate what product is coming from where, and tracking it we have shipped it or not. It gives us a sure knowledge that our customers are getting what they ordered online and for in-store pickups.

Cons

My cons would be the glitches that often happen while using shipworks. It will just stop working or not load on our computer which can cause some harm when it comes to communication between our store and warehouse. At times we will have certain drop down options that just disappear- and we have to reload the whole program.

Robin from BillyTheTree, LLC

Great time-saver, can be a little tricky to set up, but well worth it!

Faster shipping, fewer errors in shipping, integration with needed OMS systems.

Pros

The time-saving features in this great software are the best I've come across in a shipping software, bar none. The ability to bulk ship multiple orders simultaneously can also be a lifesaver, depending on your setup. The integration with just about any API or FTP capable system also means that this is very flexible.

Cons

There are occasional bugs that can be frustrating and apparently difficult for ShipWorks to squash, given that everyone has differing systems, printers, etc. The great news is that they do eventually fix the bugs -- just last month, they finally fixed a printing issue that had been given us headaches for quite some time. Lastly, it can be tricky to get this set up initially, but their customer support is generally quite good.

Karen from Bubbles Bodywear

Been using for 14 years

I am a big fan of the way this company is run. I've never been let down by their service or their technology.

Pros

Very fast processing orders because software does not run in the cloud. Highly customizable and intuitive interface. They are always upgrading to add features and integrations. Service has always been great - no unqualified tech sending you in circles to fix a problem. I've only spoken with well-trained techs.

Cons

Database backups are important as this software does not run in the cloud. When not running in a server environment, would love an easier method for upgrading (all at once vs each workstation individually).

Kathleen from Total Sports LLC

Great Shipping Program

Ease of use.

Pros

ShipWorks was very easy to use and it worked great with all carriers you could see ship time for each carrier before you printed the shipping label and their invoices were well laid out. You could have more than one user and you could see what user printed what shipping label. This program is great for beginners too because it's so easy to use and understand.

Cons

Didn't care for the fact that you couldn't make your own invoice from scratch without contacting them and having them do it for a fee. When we used ShipWorks they didn't give you free insurance like the program we use now on USPS Priority Packages and they didn't give the best discount for rates on USPS shipping.

ShipWorks will Streamline your Shipping and Lower Costs!

Customer service is great. They will help you with all your needs, and even help you customize and establish shipping rules!

Pros

Highly customizable software, with the ability to add multiple shipping companies, templates, preferences, etc. You will go from a clunky and time-consuming shipping method, to saving lots of time AND money with your newly-found efficiency.

Cons

aaron from nationwide access llc

Does the job. It is rare that we experience any problem with the software.

Pros

Cons

The user interface is a bit confusing at first. It needs some time to get familiar with the layout, but not a big deal for us.

Abigail from Luna Boutique

Shipping Made Easy

Pros

I liked that I was given the option to use the 30 day trial. It was nice to be able to test their product out before deciding if I wanted to go all in.

Cons

I did not decide to use this company as my shipping vendor, as I felt like it was an extra step that was not needed for my business.

We use ShipWorks Every Day!

We are able to ship hundreds of orders a day quickly and accurately. It automatically updates our online web store with shipping information and changes the order status to completed. It's great!

Pros

This software is easy to use. I am able to create filters on the fly that enables us to display only certain data when we need to see only certain data. Customer support always answers the phone and is ready and able to give us help and direction whenever it is needed.

Cons

I am not familiar with the forms coding. I would like more on-line help so I can manipulate some of the existing forms, adding features and fields where I need them.

Theresa from DATAQ Instruments

Industry: Computer Hardware

We have been using Shipworks for almost 10 years and we love the software!

Easy shipping for all of our orders.

Pros

Shipworks makes our UPS and USPS shipping fast and easy. The best feature is the ability to create custom templates and then automate actions to email the customers with tracking information and order status, etc.

Cons

I honestly do not have a lot of complaints about the software. One feature that they used to have that we miss is the ability to select a bunch of orders and the dollar amount would show at the bottom.

Mary from California Cedar Products Company

Great Software

We have been able to keep up with all of our shipping demands. Without ShipWorks, I don't think we could successfully ship out our daily orders.

Pros

Cons

The only complaint I have with ShipWorks is that I am not familiar with the coding needed to customize forms and Actions better.

Larry from Hunt N Stuff

Industry: Sporting Goods

Mr

It handles all your shipping needs

Pros

Cons

When stamps.com bought them the order number dropped off the envelope label. they said they were working on getting it back on but it has been years now and still not order number on the envelope label

June 2016

Anthony from Niji Entertainmnet Group, Inc.

Game changer!

We have been using ShipWorks now for a few years. We manage multiple web-stores and thousands of customers. ShipWorks made it possible for us to lower our total processing time per order to just seconds. Reliable and easy to use, by far our favorite software. Customer service is always available, knowledgeable and friendly.

Pros

Ease of use Cost effective Reliable Scalable Robust

Cons

Does not do dishes or windows.

Big program but works well

Pros

ShipWorks works well to keep our orders all in one place and with all of the necessary information. All of our team uses it mostly without issue. Customer service is good at resolving issues when they arrive.

Cons

Sometimes ShipWorks will crash (either it freezes for a second to reconnect or it will completely shut down). It is frustrating when you are in the middle of searching an order, etc and happens multiple times per day.

Adam from Rasta Vapors

Industry: Wine and Spirits

Amazing Team of People & Amazing Software

saves us hours if work and allow us to automate shipping process

Pros

Great support, excellent product you can literally have it do whatever you want it it to. It is a "thick client" that is the only downside to it but its power-fullness and features stomp all competition in this vertical

Vanessa from Petguys.com

Excellent software and Customer/Tech Support

Pros

Shipping software is very easy to use and integrate with store. And if you ever need help or support, their tech support team are hands down the best! We've dealt with many of their team members and everyone has always been very pleasant to work with.

Very Customizable

Pros

Lots of options to customize to suit our needs. Customer service to ready and able to assist directly on the software.

jeff from sound barrier

Simply....THE BEST!!

have used SHIPWORKS almost since their inception.could NOT imagine my days without it!so ez to hook up and customer service could NOT be any nicer.actually act like they care....shocking!!

Pros

i never give it a thought.just does it`s thing in the backround & just plain works.

Cons

HUH??

Rafael from Stretch Is Comfort

Great softwear for managing your order

Pros

We can have all our orders come in two one place.

Cons

Sometimes the software freezes when adding a shipment on another screen .

regina from dgl

I use ShipWorks daily to process orders

Pros

It's super simple to use once it's been set up. The process is very simple and I've had zero issues with functionality

brandon from motorbykle corp

Rude Staff

Customer service is extremely rude. Super slow, updates that take a long time and dont fix issues. Software freezes and takes a lot out of your computer. You need a lot of ram to run this software efficiently. I personally believe Shipstation is better, it is web based and runs smoother. I also like the data is provides as far as revenue and shipping costs. Helps me estimate true profits at a glance. I've used them since 2012 and processed almost 25,000 shipments. After today's rude conversation with their staff at Shipworks I'm moving to Shipstation.

Pros

Cons

Slow, too many updates, freezes, glitches

Nancy from Roaring Planet Corp

Easy to Use

Customer service was great with initial set up. Very responsive, helpful, and friendly.

Pros

For a first time software user of this type it was easy to set up and understand

Cons

It wasn't compatible with our suppliers' system and we had to switch to something else.

Lucas from Street Imports Ltd

June 2016

Lacking shipping options and inventory management

Need to add other shipping companies such as Purolator, CanPar , Canada Post, etc... Also, an inventory system that communicates with all sales channels would be stongly suggested. Otherwise you'll be left behind by the competition

Cons

Lack of shipping companies no inventory management Cannot easily compare rates from different shippers - difficult process

September 2014

Diana from Dee's Designs

September 2014

Service is Always Awesome

I love the software, but the support is absolutely amazing. I'm the kind of person that usually figures stuff out on my own, but ShipWorks is so helpful that I actually like talking to them. They always provide suggestions on how to make my shipping even better so that I save more money. I could not be more satisfied.

December 2014

Jake from Data T

December 2014

Life before ShipWorks was like not having a cell phone

ShipWorks rocks. My life used to be spent copying and pasting addresses. Today, I actually get to spend time running my business. This is the 3rd shipping solution that we have tried and would be totally surprised if anyone has a better offer out there.

September 2016

Stephan from AVID

September 2016

Does Not Work Well With Thermal Printers

I spent over 5 hours on the phone trying to get two different thermal printers to work with ship works software. I even purchased a brand new one that they said would work, but didn't. Now I'm out $300 over trial software which ultimately failed. My thermal printer has zero issues working off a web browser and other applications like Adobe Illustrator. Not worth the money. Just do it through the UPS website or Stamps.com. Both of those are totally free and 100% compatible with all printers.

Tried this for 2 days, and then immediately went back to shiprush

Pros

Customer service was very helpful, they tried their best to help us grasp the inner workings of the software.

Cons

The software is way to "over-thought" and is very complicated. You truly need to sit and learn everything or you can make some real shipping errors.