All Skubana Reviews

Monica

A fantastic ecommerce "Hub" solution!

Pros

Intuitive - Skubana is incredibly intuitive to use. All of the features and functionality are set up to flow in a very natural way. This is especially great for our end users but it also keeps our training and operational costs down. All-in-One - No system is an all in one solution but Skubana is pretty close. We can manage an enormous amount of our business through Skubana directly or through one of their ever-expanding App partnerships. Onboarding - Skubana assigns a point person who walks you and your team through set-up and use of the system. Honestly, they hold your hand so that even technically challenged implementors and users can run w/the platform w/out much effort. This is a huge bonus for smaller companies w/out a lot of resources. Trouble Shooting - I've never been through an integration that didn't have set-up issues. Skubana works as your partner and your advocate to push issues through to resolution. Pricing - A company would be hard-pressed to find another solution that does as much as Skubana does.

Cons

I wish they had a bigger staff to do even more great things! The current system already has great functionality. But I know they have more in the pipeline. Skubana's only limitation is its bandwidth and time.

Omni Channel made easier and better visibility into marketplace profitability

Pros

1. Ties all marketplaces and websites under one roof! Enough said. 2. Allows you to see profitability and sales in various forms including: per sku, by marketplace, top grossing items, overall profitability, desired dates. All of this allows a business to make better decisions on which products are winners and losers. And it enhances your ability to know which products are doing better on the different marketplaces. 3. View inventory levels at all your warehouses as well as customizing how you see the inventory. 4. Auto generated PO's based on historical sales. This feature takes the guess work out of knowing which items need to be in-stock especially if you are selling through FBA. You can configure this feature in various ways to allow customization based on your inventory and PO needs. 5. Open API - This is important if you are a more advanced seller and need to integrate Skubana into other apps or platforms. 6. The support team at Skubana has been wonderful to work with and very responsive. They do a much better job that other software companies. Support is included with your package. You can email or talk with a live person in the U.S! And you are never rushed or pressured to get off the phone. 7. They are focused on building features that help you sell more. And in the 2 years we have been using the Skubana software it has gotten better with the new features they have released.

Cons

1. This platform is jammed packed with so many features that you can get a bit overwhelmed. On the filp side, when you do get overwhelmed just email your account manager. Our account manager has been a pleasure to work with.

Great capabilities if willing to pay big bucks

After five months we decided that Skubana has a lot to offer its end user, but it was not a good fit for us as a pure Amazon FBA seller. PO's were auto-generated; however, we had to review each one to ensure it was profitable and a proper order to place at the time (projections were off even after 90 days of data collection). Furthermore, we had a very poor experience communicating with the the support team. It seems we had an account coordinator, who was always available and very helpful, but beyond that - the entire organization felt like a sales team. When it came time to communicate, they were mum and quite difficult to get a hold of. Business development is key to small business (we understand that as a small business) but client relations is even more important. "Disappointed" is the understatement of the year for us in describing our experience.

Pros

The automated PO generator is a great feature if ... You do not have competitors selling the same product, which could impact your velocity/profitability. We also saw issues with the forecasting projections. Not a couple units, but hundreds of units off.

Cons

Software required a massive amount of dedicated time and effort to set up with Amazon FBA. We had an on-boarding period that was long and painful. It was long because there was endless customization required. It was painful because after all was done, we found out through another Skubana employee that we did not set up our products/inventory properly during our on-boarding. This was quite troubling. Lastly, in full-disclose, I spent the first decade of my career as a software validation engineer, and I can say - navigating the software was very clunky. It has massive capabilities, but a software application is only as good as the user - in other words - the UI should not take 12 months to become familiar to the user. At some point, training on the application needs to end and the user needs to be able to fully perform duties on their own.

A lifesaver in the industry

It truly did help us with our inventory/shipping management on multiple channels

Pros

After attempting multiple inventory management, omni channel, shipping management systems, Skubana was a breath of fresh air. The capabilities inside of this system brought us to the next level in our business. We were able to automate nearly the entire process while receiving detailed reports on various aspects of the business. The UI is very intuitive and simple to navigate. The customer support is quick to respond and the development team really does listen. The price is right on par for the capabilities and automation it brought to our business.

Cons

Building out a more robust reporting feature would be wonderful. From high level reporting to deep diving.

Response from Skubana

Thanks for the wonderful review and feedback!

Replied April 2018

Dustin

July 2016

Skubana makes running a business fun again

Our goal at the beginning of 2014 was to find and implement an inventory system across all of our selling channels. It took us over 2 years and many failed attempts. Luckily we found Skubana this year. Finally, I have an accurate view of my sales, inventory and many other perks that make running this business fun again.

Pros

I like the customer support and the reporting most. Not only can I tell where my inventory is and my total valuation but I can also see my exact profit on each item I sell on any selling platform. If there is ever an issue we have a great rep who handles this with us immediately.

Cons

There's not much to not like about this software. They are in the process of integrating with QuickBooks which will be great. I do not use all of their features at this time because my 3PL handles my shipping, but it's nice knowing it's there.

Great Product for a Growing Company

Pros

I like the ease of use and the fact that it's online so I can access it anywhere at any time. Also, the linkage to my webstores and third party logistics centers was quite easy! It's very simple to train new employees on. Its a very good tool for small to medium sized companies.

Cons

The PO section can definitely be improved upon. The way it does partial line items is very frustrating. I also found that the customer support person I worked with was restricting the overall ability of Skubana due to their lack of knowledge about what could be done. I ended up doing things I was told were not possible. Pretty frustrating to learn on my own.

Ben

Awesome Software, Brilliant Customer Service

We have been using Skubana for about a year now and it has really fixed our inventory issues. The best part - the staff. Emily walked through onboarding with us every step of the way and is still available to jump on a call or respond to us with questions. We have about 30,000 SKU's with inventory in our own warehouse and amazon.com - so we needed a software that worked well with both. We tried 5 different programs before Skubana, so we did our homework. We also used different shipping programs before, but Skubana eliminates those and really works well as an all-in-one solution. So, the bottom line is If you are looking for an all in one solution to keeping track of inventory on all your platforms, issuing PO's, shipping, don't look any further. Skubana is the best.

Pros

Ease of use. Customer Service.

Cons

Price.

Matthew

Finally Something That Does What It Says !

Pros

Skubana Does What It Says! I have tried multiple solutions over the years, and every time you start to use the software and it falls short of something huge it was supposed to do. Not at all the case with Skubana, it continually helps us grow. Skubana has also helped us effortlessly ship out of 4 storefront locations along with automation between several of our distributors who dropship. One of the best parts about Skubana is the analytics. Now we know exactly where we are making money and what we need to improve. Having this feature is nearly priceless and saves tons of headaches cobbling stuff together that ends up not being entirely accurate. WIth Skubnana it's all right there. Lastly, the customer support is amazing. I have never had such good accurate support using any other services. Ryan and Chad have been amazing to work with,

Tyler

November 2015

A Game Changer

We've been looking for years for a solution to support our fast-growing multi-channel ecommerce business. We tried several other 'competitors' (though, I would not call them that), but they were all missing the pieces to the puzzle. Skubana was the first software solution to have all pieces to the puzzle. This sets them apart in the industry. They get it. They were built from the ground-up knowing the limitations of their competitor's offerings. They made sure they could address those missing pieces. Chad and his team have been top-notch and it has been a great pleasure working with them from launch to running day-to-day operations. I would highly recommend Skubana.

Pros

- total back-end solution for ecommerce businesses big and small - includes many features and integrations - lots of new features and integrations always being released - ground-breaking analytics (now and more coming) - superlative support

Cons

- learning curve is steeper than expected

Response from Skubana

Thank you so much for your feedback. Looking forward helping you achieve much more success this holiday season and beyond!

Replied November 2015

Great product and responsive customer service

Pros

Complex but intuitive product, and the client service reps were fantastic - super communicative, knowledgeable and proactive.

Cons

Some aspects of the product are difficult to understand without requesting help/explanation from the client services team.

Jeff

Industry: Sporting Goods

Skubana is best of niche for small business

We use Skubana to ship 2500-3500 units annually. We use it to track inventory, sync with Shopify and sync with FedEx and USPS. We process manual orders and wholesale and retail sales that populate automatically through Shopify. Skubana requires us to use a point of sale software, an accounting software and software to communicate between those two systems. It's not the most robust system or the easiest to use, but you do get a knowledgeable person to help when you call. Their support shuts down with east coast hours, which is a hassle for those of us on the left coast, but again, they do a good job when you reach them. We haven't found anything any better for the money.

Pros

It syncs with Shopify and FedEx.

Cons

The interface (the screen you look at when you use it) is crowded with information we don't need which makes it hard to find what we do need. Shipping information, for instance, resides in 4-5 different places. It takes 20 key strokes to print a shipping label and packing slip. Why can't you ship an item without first creating a shipping queue?

Amauri

Smart, Simple and Affordable. The perfect "AI" for Orders, Inventory and Analytics.

As a lean, frugal, and fast growing startup that sells products direct to consumer via multiple online channels, we needed a platform to manage complex orders, control inventory from different vendors, and provide useful analytics to help us focus on what matters to us: grow our business. Skubana does that. It's smart, simple and affordable. It's the "AI" for Orders, Inventory and Analytics. And the onboarding and support team is responsive, knowledgeable, and customer oriented. If you are looking for a comprehensive, still affordable platform, I strongly recommended you consider Skubana.

Pros

Easy to setup up and use Comprehensive feature set Affordable, compared to similar platforms Responsive and efficient customer support

Cons

No listings content management

Doug

Skubana definitely has great value!

It's amazing, the number of tools included in the Skubana eCommerce management system. My biggest challenge has been to make sure all data is entered so the system can work.

Pros

A very detailed eCommerce management system from inventory control thru determining your best and worst selling products. The Skubana system has been well thought out and updated features are being added steadily. It is a great value for the tools that are available in one system!

Cons

The system learning curve is longer than I would have liked, although after trying several other systems they appeared similar.

Response from Skubana

Thanks Doug for your feedback on Skubana! We appreciate your business and we're looking forward to bigger things with you this year.

Replied January 2017

July 2016

Solved Our Inventory Problems

Eric

The company really takes care of you!

They also get back to you immediately and answer all my questions - this is huge.

Pros

The software is not only error-free but allows us to integrate all the moving pieces. This is