SkuVault Software Reviews

SkuVault Software Reviews

Find out more:

FrontRunners 2022

Find out more:

• icon"Its extremely easy to use, user friendly interface means training even for new staff is very quick."
  • icon"Integration has made this process 100% automatable. Also, the ability to push inventory quantities for kits and non kitted items was huge reason for switching to SKU Vault."
  • icon"Wave picking is well done, inventory management is great, integration with ecommerce platforms and accounts works great."
  • icon"They advertise support with accounting software, but the accounting side is VERY limited - does not take into consideration discounts, tax, or shipping so this is really useless."
  • icon"The cost is very high and ongoing, the increases for additional users are too high in my opinion also, which does have a negative effect on business as the cost scales quickly for having more users."
  • icon"There is too much downtime with unstable servers, and some of the functionality (lot numbers, lot tracking) are not well done."

Browse all SkuVault Reviews

• Have you used SkuVault and would like to share your experience with others?

Ease of Use and Customer Service

Pros

Customer service is on point in terms of timely support and helpfulness. Calling and getting an answer on questions helped quite a bit. The WMS is great and very responsive. Integrations went smooth.

Cons

The times at which it updated inventory to the store was debatable as in time frames. I ran into inventory issues especially with low stock inventory. I found the scanning process of the SkuVault was very repetitive with extra steps when used in conjunction with other shipping software

Hallan

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Exactly what we were looking for.

Excellent experience, almost no issues what so ever. If we do run into a problem, their customer support is fast, clear, and helpful. The implementation and initial setup was a longer experience than we thought, but because we had a lot of internal decisions to make, but their implementation team was always available to help.

Pros

Some features are daily essential to our business model, such as picking items, quality control, inventory management, reordering and replenishing, the ability to use scanners, multiple users, etc...

Cons

Perhaps the interface and layout of how the products and catalog are displayed could be more flexible and adjustable.

Reasons for choosing SkuVault

Because folks from Channel Advisor recommended SkuVault for such great connectivity with their platform.

Reasons for switching to SkuVault

We needed more functionalities and a more robust technology.

Didn't Work For Us

I think "ripped off" describes our experience. We paid the $2,000 onboarding fee and spent a month setting up SkuVault. We also spent additional money integrating our drop shippers with SkuVault. After launch, SkuVault failed to sync our external warehouse quantities with WooCommerce. After another month, tech support still hadn't fixed the issue, so we switched to Ecomdash and had everything running in 72 hours. Ecomdash refunded our monthly subscription fees but they still haven't refunded the $2,000 onboaring fee. I'll update this review if that changes, but I currently cannot recommend SkuVault. You'll basically be paying $2,000 just to see if SkuVault really does the things they claim it will do.

Pros

SkuVault has rich features for warehouse management. For example, SkuVault tracks inventory in containers, and in multiple locations. You can also track inventory history, reasons for removal, etc. If you have a large warehouse, it might work well for you.

Cons

A) It's not terribly easy to use. Heck, they made us buy a $2,000 training package. B) The product search function is frustrating. You pretty much can't find a product in SkuVault unless you can type in the product name "exactly". It's almost maddening at times. In comparison, Ecomdash finds my product before I even finish typing; the right product shows up after I type just a few characters. C) The Shipstation integration and packing quality control didn't work very well. The picking/packing flow required too much jumping back and forth and created additional opportunities to screw up an order. We turned these features off. D) The WooCommerce integration doesn't work very well. Evidently, the built-in integration is fairly new, and they preferred that we use their older "tool"; a downloadable program for inventory syncing. However, this didn't work so well either. E) Multiple warehouse functionality is limited. We have warehouses and sales channels in the US, and also in the UK. Ultimately, we need to push our US inventory quantities to our US sales channels, and our UK inventory quantities need to push to our UK sales channels. SkuVault can't do this; it's designed to sync the total combined quantity. Ecomdash has a warehouse override feature that takes it a step closer to doing this. For about $2,500, Ecomdash offered to develop this for us.

Reasons for choosing SkuVault

SkuVault was attractively priced. We have a lot of sales channels and many other companies charge for each channel integration. In the end, we went with Ecomdash. It has fewer features, but it actually works and it's less expensive.

Response from SkuVault Inc.

David, Thank you for your comments. Please be assured they are reviewed and put in context against feedback from our portfolio of long term and recently fully implemented clients.

Replied January 2020

Amelia

Industry: Food Production

SKUvault

very good when I am using the desktop site. easy to search, works fast, never have any issues with it. Just wish they would improve their mobile app.

Pros

Easily can search product by name or SKU. Can easily see how much we have in inventory and how much is pending shipping to see what we still have available to sell. Integrates well with Shopify for our online direct-to-consumer business.

Cons

I hate the mobile app. The app is designed to scan products and search SKUs but that's not what I need it to do. I need the app to be able to search for products by their name but it can't do that so the app is essentially worthless to me.

Audrey

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Finally a modern inventory system!

So far, so good! The trainings that led up to launch were pretty helpful. They were very helpful and understanding when a few speed bumps appeared on our end needing our completion date to be postponed. We are still working on understanding some of the features to see if they can further benefit our operation but we’ve really been able to create a super custom process that works for our type of business and I’m eternally grateful for that!

Pros

I really love the clean and modern look of the portal. It doesn’t have old school hard to read fonts and has so many features - some we haven’t even cracked into yet. My team adapted to the wave pick and quality control processes instantly it seems. With very minimal training on their end and they are not super tech savvy! With only a day of down time and in depth training, we came back in the next day and maintained the exact same order output as before but saved time on the pick process which was way too manual before SKUVault. It allowed us to maintain replenishments easier and other projects without a major strain on our pickers.

Cons

The terminology throughout the system can be pretty deceiving. There’s some features or processes that sound like they should do one thing but it’s not even close to what it sounds like it should do. For example, “bins” do not mean the containers you use to pick on your pick vehicles/carts - it’s to section off areas inside of locations, which would be more helpful for a Parts department or small item fulfillment but not what we were originally told it would do for our process.

Reasons for switching to SkuVault

Our old system was just that - old. It was so outdated and could not keep our inventory counts up to date with our e-commerce business because the sales would slow in too fast. We wouldn’t see the inventory adjust for days or weeks sometimes or we’d have to manually key the order through if it wasn’t captured. SKUVault has brought us into the modern world again and feeds our counts and orders in and out like it’s nothing.

Patrick

SkuVault is the Industry Leader in inventory management for SMB's

Pros

I researched at least a lot of different tools before coming to SkuVault, but I chose SkuVault because they were obviously customer centric throughout their sales, onboarding and support. Their sales team met with me and thoroughly answered all my questions and made sure everything I needed could be managed in SkuVault. Their onboarding team put together a custom implementation plan and met every week to make sure things were set up properly. As we continued to use the system, support was on point to quickly answer any questions we had.

Cons

We are currently only utilizing a fraction of SkuVault's offering. It would be nice to have a more streamlined user interface that only showed what we are using and hid what we are not using. This would help us in onboarding new employees and limiting mistakes.

Reasons for choosing SkuVault

The team and the focus on customers

Reasons for switching to SkuVault

Finale was difficult to implement and had sub optimal customer support

Will

Amazing Software - Must have for small business

Amazing experience. These guys are the best.

Pros

Love the ease of use. Tons of videos and help articles to explain how to do anything in the software. If that doesn't help, then they have amazing customer support. They are always innovating the software to make things more streamline and cater to other industries. Another pro is the product feature submission. If you have a suggestion on how making something more streamline, they welcome these ideas.

Cons

The only thing that was challenging was getting the 10's of thousands of sku's set up in the system and barcoding everything but that is something that is unavoidable with any software. My other con was that I didn't use this sooner :)

Reasons for choosing SkuVault

Price, Easy to use, Met all the needs we needed for the business.

Jonathan

Recommended Inventory System

We give them a "A" overall and with the new features being added, have no reason to shop for another inventory system.

Pros

Fantastic support. Secondary skus very useful to us.

Cons

Difficult to get stale inventory age, but this is being worked on. No integration with Wayfair. That's about it. Other issues are too minor to mention.

Reasons for choosing SkuVault

Too long in the past to remember. But essentially we looked at options that Amazon recommended.

Reasons for switching to SkuVault

Research of a dozen products and Skuvault provided the features we needed at a price we thought appropriate.

Mike

Industry: Cosmetics

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Our experience overall has been a great one. The training we got was fantastic and the videos of the training for referencing later was a great tool. Our day to day tasks have become so much faster since we starting using skuvault our timelines for the whole company have started becoming shorter and shorter.

Pros

Being able to kit products so easily was life changing for us as a company. The reporting has made our daily tasks much easier. We love the order forecast that we can do, it has made ordering product so much easier for our team.

Cons

I wish I could search by product name in the search bar and not just by Code, Sku or License Plate.

Reasons for choosing SkuVault

The feature set and ease of use was better in our opinion.

Darrell

2nd time around

Wonderful. My second company that I installed the software into.

Pros

Dynamic inventory management, that allows us to use multiple warehouses.

Cons

We are connecting Sku vault with Shopify and like to have the ability to view the product in Shopify by mirroring warehouses inventory. Unfortunately Sku vault does not have this capability yet

Reasons for choosing SkuVault

I had worked with it in the past and knew it was the best fit for the business

Reasons for switching to SkuVault

It was not the right fit fow our short and long term goals

Provides all of the necessary functions for successful warehouse management

Skuvault allows us to fairly easily keep track of all items in our warehouse and provides perpetual inventory valuation. It also helps us to reduce out of stocks with individual item re-order points and purchase order generation.

Pros

Ease of set up, accurately maintains warehouse location and inventory data.

Cons

Order creation process for shipments and inventory removal is difficult to learn and cumbersome.

Response from SkuVault Inc.

Michael, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are happy to hear that you are seeing success with managing your warehouse inventory, We strive to provide best in class software and support to our users and take feedback seriously. We are sorry to hear about your difficulties with order creation, and would like to help you find a way to make it a better experience for you. May a member of our team reach out for training? Thank You

Matt

Manages Awesome

Helped us manage a 3K plus size inventory​ soooo much better.

Pros

Ability to add, manage and do a rolling inventory.

Cons

Wish it could handle mobile a bit better.

Response from SkuVault Inc.

Matt, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are happy to hear that our software is helping you manage inventory better. We take user feedback very seriously and will share your concern about using a mobile device with our product team. May we contact you if we have any specific questions about your case? Thank You,

Jay

SKU Vault's Integration Saved Me 4 Hours A Day

My experience with SKU Vault has been great. Customer service always answers right away. Every time I call, they are very informed and know exactly how to solve the issue. Even if they don't know right away, I've always gotten a follow up call an hour or two later. Also, the software just works. It's such a relief to not have to worry about your inventory program.

Pros

I like the integration compatibility with Amazon, Magento, and Shipstation. I use to spend half of my day manually inputting orders and then confirming them. Integration has made this process 100% automatable. Also, the ability to push inventory quantities for kits and non kitted items was huge reason for switching to SKU Vault.

Cons

I wish they had a phone app where I could look up inventory quantities on the fly. That would be AMAZING! Currently it can only be used to scan and pick orders, not view inventory quantities.

Reasons for choosing SkuVault

Integration Options, Price, and Customer Service. SKU Vault was the only WMS provider that took the time to explain to me exactly how they would achieve integration and automation. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from SKU Vault provided me with a demo and spent about an hour showing me exactly how SKU Vault works. That sold me right there.

Reasons for switching to SkuVault

Quantity push for kits was not possible and integration with Amazon, Magento, and Shipstation was also not possible. By switching I have saved 4 work hours a day, allowing me spend time on the things that matter: making accurate purchase orders based on accurate inventory numbers, and not spending 4 hours a day just to get the inventory up to date.

Ryan

Works Well - Tons of Flexibility

Allows us to track exact location of every item in the warehouse, and QC each online order before shipping. Makes the warehouse much more efficient, and significantly reduces shipping errors.

Pros

Very detailed, can be tailored to many types of businesses and has a large number of integrations so chances are it works with your setup or can be adapted easily. Includes a remote print server so pick lists, labels, etc. can be printed anywhere and at multiple locations - very cool.

Cons

They advertise support with accounting software, but the accounting side is VERY limited - does not take into consideration discounts, tax, or shipping so this is really useless. A more thoughtful accounting integration would really improve this service.

Response from SkuVault Inc.

Ryan, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We appreciate hearing about all the ways you find our platform useful and that you find it flexible. We are taking your concern about accounting to our product team for a closer look at what we can do to help make a better experience. May we contact you if we have any follow-up questions? Thank You,

Jane

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Great with multiple selling channels

We are right down the road from SkuVault, and I have to admit that was a factor in choosing them. I needed a solution to updating the marketplaces so that we could keep a handle on our inventory. We have just a few suppliers, so that end of things is pretty straightforward. We've enjoyed a great relationship with SkuVault, and while the product is a bit complicated at first, they are there to help at every turn. This program does so much. It has been a great asset to us.

Pros

That it will update across all of the marketplaces. I also like that you can set figures for when to restock. You can do purchase orders right from SkuVault.

Cons

I wish it would take the place of ShipStation. In that case, it would need to create Commercial invoices. I would like to create invoices. I also would like an easier way to keep track of our Amazon Vendor Central orders. As it is, we manually have to subtract the inventory, and if anyone forgets to do that, we can get caught shorthanded.

Reasons for choosing SkuVault

Partly because we are neighbors, but the main reason was that SkuVault integrated with our eCommerce platform. It also was able to push inventory out to all the marketplaces we used.

Excellent Stock Management System

I think its an excellent solution, the product itself is perfect for our business, my only concern is the cost, Its something I consider each year which is a concern as if I was happy with the value I would not be looking.

Pros

Its extremely easy to use, user friendly interface means training even for new staff is very quick. It integrates exceptionally well with the other software platforms we use and has helped to organise our warehouse which means pick and packing time is far more efficient than before. It has also helped us to avoid countless fulfilment errors using the Pick and Quality Control processes

Jonah