All Zoom Reviews

Reviewed August 2021

Zoom Meetings - Cheap and Easy Solution for online collaboration

Retail, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed April 2020

Zoom has allowed us to continue holding our meetings

I've been utilizing Zoom to talk and meet with my collaborators while we're isolated gathering. With the current pandemic, Zoom has become a practically day by day program that I abuse for both work gatherings and virtual meetups with companions. I truly like how you'll have various clients on straightforwardly. I'm prepared to speak with various video calls. I abuse them for chapel meeting week by week and that they are incredible.

PROS

I am exceptionally happy with this product so far. I abuse it for a course that I'm taking, additionally on meeting with clients. The experience is magnificent. I'm hearing impeded and that I am marking to everyone on Zoom video meetings. With Zoom, we will video visit with them likewise as screen share, it's helped us continue pushing ahead through the franticness.

CONS

It can get mistaking for some clients legitimately with talking and commotion. Regularly need to have clients quiet for better solid quality. fixing a substitution meeting on the iPad took a touch you-tubing, yet after we made sense of it, it had been simple.

Reason for choosing Zoom

I found it a simpler alternative to use than several others we had in mind. Our team can use it without the need for a long learning process.

Olive

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Zoom Meeting Review

The business problems I have solved using Zoom include the safety of employees and employers amidst the current Covid-19 pandemic. The restriction of travel in order to have an online meeting in the sense of following the WHO protocols amidst the Covid-19 pandemic has saved many lives.

PROS

Zoom has the capacity to hold huge meeting capacities and can be easily supported on Android, iPhone, Mac, iPad, and web platforms. Zoom has impressive features which enable the hosts and participants to effectively participate in the sessions especially the emojis which are required for the meeting interactions. Zoom has clarity of sound and image, the audio and picture quality features can be improved depending on one's personal preference.

CONS

Zoom should make it easier for the main speaker to be the main "character" and the size of the screen for them to be bigger and not to be small like the rest of the attendees in the meeting. Neither the Speaker view nor the Gallery view does this. It is difficult to determine who is speaking. Zoom should have a brief "profiles" option showing the attendees' brief biography and contact information if comfortable sharing as a form of networking. It would be great to be able to click a button and switch between display names. The time limit for a meeting time (45 minutes) in one session for non-premium members should be extended.

Reason for choosing Zoom

Its efficiency and ability to maintain quality audio and video over the other products.

Lukundo

Farming, 2-10 employees

Communication made Easy

It has made remote management easier for my farm

PROS

Easy communication and presentation of work

CONS

So far i have not noticed any cons except from network providers

Reason for choosing Zoom

It is easier to use and requires minimum training

Madelaine

Education Management, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Great ease of use

PROS

Does exactly what you need, allows you to conference with other people, has a whiteboard, easy to use interface

CONS

Expensive to use, especially if you're a small business. There are other softwares that do similar things for free

Dylan

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Easy and efficient

PROS

It’s extremely user friendly and never a hassle to use

CONS

There is honestly nothing wrong with it in my opinion, everything runs smoothly from the audio, to the screen sharing

To try other products that was similar to Microsoft Teams

Henrietta

Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Love Zoom for online meetings!

PROS

As someone that works from home, zoom is great to allow for virtual meetings and collaboration. It is easy to use, the audio and visual quality is great, and the screen sharing tool is phenomenal!

CONS

The Q&A panel can be better designed to open up but still see all of the screen (I.e. make a side panel option)

Reviewed March 2024

best software for virtual office and meetings

PROS

Zoom is very helpful for virtual office . we can connect immediately to anyone any tine . conducting meetings are so easy . communication in company is now so easy . This is ideal software for Work from home employee . we can create virtual offices , breakout rooms. we can get help from someone and we can access someone else pc remotely also .

CONS

sometime while using zoom its screen bother me . suddenly drag me in meeting pages when someone join

Nasar

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Best experience with zoom

It is the best platform to use for conference meeting

PROS

Video and audio quality and then the reference code which make it very easy to use

CONS

Sudden drop of connection sometime and need of sign in again

Reasons for switching to Zoom

Zoom is actually providing more options

Darren

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Easy to use, great integration with Microsoft Outlook and Slack

PROS

I like the ease with which to use Zoom. It has great annotation tools to be able to draw on the screen to show what I'm talking about, has a nice integration with Outlook to be able to automatically add a zoom meeting link to a meeting that I'm scheduling, and then Slack reminds me and sends me that link when it's time for it.

CONS

I can't think of any cons. Seems to be the standard in remote meets. I prefer it over some of the competitor meeting spaces that some clients prefer to use.

Zoom For Non-profits

PROS

It is easy to use and has high-quality video and audio. You can invite people to manage screens without having issues. It supports various platforms and has excellent visual effects.

CONS

Nothing significant to mention here for this review.

Jeremy

Financial Services, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2019

Virtual meetings with lots of features

As a coach, I did not want to limit my clients to driving distance, nor do I want to keep a dedicated office that I can bring "strangers" into, outside of my home. Zoom not only allows me to meet seamlessly but allows my clients to meet comfortably in their own home (and not have to worry about baby sitters, etc). The ease of use and multi-platform support removes any compatibility worries when setting meetings.

PROS

This software is easy for my clients to set up for a meeting with me virtually. I love that I can share my whole desktop, one window on it, a selected part, or even share the screen of my phone. I've used this to meet on a Mac, PC, iPhone, and iPad. This has options for recording meetings, setting defaults for audio/video, etc. You can do group meetings and allow client(s) to share or control my desktop. One thing I've only used occasionally is assigning a unique meeting ID for each meeting. I just use my standard ID so I can incorporate it into form emails and my scheduling software.

CONS

The free version limits group meetings to 40 min (but it's the free version; I do meet with others who have the paid version and it's great)

Reason for choosing Zoom

The free version (which I am currently using, but colleges use paid) has lots of features and a higher quality experience than other free platforms. And since my business isn't huge yet, having a quality free version I can later upgrade is great.

Reasons for switching to Zoom

I used to use Google Hangouts, but it didn't have the same video quality or professional feel. Since Hangouts is browser-based, it opened the doors for incompatibility and restriction of devices for my clients.

Suzie

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed October 2019

Zoom Review

Overall, I really like Zoom a lot. It's now my main software tool for business and video conferences. It's got great video quality, and it works great on my devices. I also like that there isn't this huge ordeal to use it's system. It's got a great reputation, and almost all of the people I do business with know what Zoom is, and also already use it, so that makes it extremely easy on me as well!

PROS

What I like most about Zoom is that it's pretty capable to have clear video's no matter what device I'm using it on. I usually have issues with my work laptop freezing up on me, and that's always been a problem with video conferences, until I started using zoom. I haven't had a problem with the video quality yet!

CONS

Sometimes it get's confusing to figure out who's generating the conference ID. This could definitely be on my and the other people's end, but sometimes I wish Zoom didn't have so many steps to get to the actual video conference itself. There tends to be way too many unnecessary windows that pop up that make things confusing to know when your actually in the video conference or not.

Reason for choosing Zoom

I tried to use google hangouts for a while, which I thought would be easy, as it's directly linked to my google business account, but it ended up being a complete disaster! It CONSTANTLY kept freezing up, especially if there was more than 2 people in the video chat. With Zoom, everything's very user friendly, and i never have video quality issues which is EXTREMELY important, because then I can just focus on the business matters at hand, because I know that everything is going to work properly and consistently

Reasons for switching to Zoom

Skype was getting SUPER annoying. It constantly forgot my passwords and sign in information, always booted me out of sessions or froze up. Then there's the issue of the costs! That just got ridiculous how they kept raising the prices. All-in-all, I was extremely unhappy with skype, and knew it was time to make a switch.

Chad

Renewables & Environment, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed June 2020

Standard for large group meetings

Zoom continues to be our go-to solution for Large group meetings (over 9 participants) and nearly all meetings with external participants. We often will use MS Teams for smaller meetings but we allows our users to chose based on personal preference.

PROS

I have used all of the video conferencing options on the Market and Zoom is the easiest to use while providing a consistent and stable experience for all.

CONS

The only feature that I see lacking in Zoom is the same tight integration with the Microsoft Stack that Teams has. With that said, it still integrates nicely with Outlook so it's easy to schedule meetings.

Reasons for switching to Zoom

Zoom was the easiest to use product we could find, especially for any of our non-technical workforce.

Dima

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Let's Zoom!

Remember the time when everyone was saying "Go google this"? Well, there is a new word in English these days - let's Zoom )) An incredible alternative to Skype, this software allows you to easily connect with others across the globe via your phone or PC. The others don't even need to have Zoom installed - they just need the invitation link!

PROS

Firstly, you can have quite a few participants - and if you are the meeting leader, you can turn off all their cameras and mics. Very useful for those colleagues who are not very self-aware. Secondly, the amazing screen sharing feature - where I can also give control to another participant over one of my open programs or my whole desktop, while conversing all the time. Talking about TeamViewer on steroids! Another massive plus is that in the free version you get your own free meeting with a unique link and you can reuse it again and again. In this way, people eventually know your "zoom address" )) and can contact you easier! Or they can just add you to their chat/contact list and zoom you whenever they need your assistance.

CONS

The one thing that is very annoying is the Waiting room... Often I would invite people to my Zoom call, only to find them stuck in the waiting room and unable to join. I myself had often been stuck in others' waiting rooms as well. Trying to turn off the feature in the account settings has no effect - apparently this is mandatory. If Zoom devs would reconsider this and allow us to turn off waiting rooms, Zoom would be much better.

Reason for choosing Zoom

Zoom is more feature rich and I prefer it over Google Meet.

Reasons for switching to Zoom

Skype is much less intuitive and is slower than Zoom

Reviewed May 2021

Reliable product for online meetings

Having been hit by the pandemic, zoom meetings was our rescue. The ministry of health had given a directive that we maintain social distance and also avoid crowded places. To ensure we observed this directive we resolved to work from home. We were able to meet online and carry out our usual meetings with no problem with the help of zoom meetings. Some of our customers also preferred online meetings since it had cut transportation costs to our offices and saved their travel time. The ability to share screens is so fantastic since everybody in the meeting is able to follow what is being presented. One is able to choose between using audio and video when joining meetings.

PROS

Zoom meetings is easy to use. Integrating zoom meetings in our business was not that problematic to us as users in our organization. Some of the features that we found helpful include: 1. Screen sharing. 2. Recording of meeting proceedings for future reference. 3. Ability of the host to mute all meeting attendees to avoid interruptions during the meeting. 4. Chat section for questions and answers.

CONS

We experienced droppings from the meeting especially when our network connectivity was down and when one has limited storage. Sometimes when one drops from the meeting and maybe there were questions and issues raised in the chat section, when he/she joins back he/she cannot retrieve them.

Reason for choosing Zoom

Zoom is relatively cheap and easy to use.

Reasons for switching to Zoom

Zoom has features that our organization needs.

Christine

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Zoom Meetings - The Best Virtual Classroom

We have been looking for a software that will allow us to carry out our virtual classes and Zoom meetings just fit the description. So far twice a week we have interactive classes that carry over 100 students. Through this app, students can join via computers, tablets or even phones which makes it a flexible mode of learning. Through this, we have been able to even cater for the needs of the hearing impaired through spotlighting of sign language interpreters which was not possible via Microsoft Teams.

PROS

I have been using zoom Meetings for my classes and webinars. I like it that I can raise my hand to object, ask a question or give feedback. Through the chat session, I have been able to connect with my classmates. Clarifications on class assignments have also been made via chats. I am also able to give my contribution in class through both audio and video which gives the real classroom feel. Through screen sharing the lecturer can be able to bring various issues to our attention. Break out rooms, help in intimate group discussions. With host being in control of the audience, they are able to mute and remove those who seem to contravene the rules. Given that we had classmates who were hearing impaired, spotlighting of sign language interpreters helps in making it easier for them to understand the class proceedings.

CONS

It is very sensitive with internet connection, a slow internet connection leads to interruptions with audio and video. The basic subscription, which allows for 40 minutes is barely enough for a meeting. It reaches a time, when the app freezes, which makes it difficult to know if its the connectivity has issues or its the app. If at all screen sharing is happening, it leads to the audience lagging behind and missing out on important information.

Reason for choosing Zoom

The pricing was appropriate as well as interactivity.

Reasons for switching to Zoom

We needed the Spotlight Feature to enable us incorporate the hearing impaired as well.

Carolina

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2021

Best video conferencing software out there

The company I work with is a school, so when the pandemic hit we had to quickly adapt and make the switch to online classes. Zoom made everything easier, having so many features it was easy to adapt our classes to the virtual environment. Something else that sets it apart is that it's so reliable and its video conferencing quality it's so great. When dealing with over 300 people attending a class, I need to know the platform won't disappoint - and Zoom definitely doesn't. Over a year using it and it has never given us any problem.

PROS

There's no one software like Zoom, it's definitely the best there is. It has great features such as private chat, rooms, voting, polls, reactions, recording, and so much more. We use it as a platform for online classes and it's just amazing. The host has complete control of what guests can and can't do, which gives you much more confidence in hosting meetings. It's very reliable and has so many integrations. Also, I believe it's a versatile tool: you can have meetings, use for remote work, for hangouts with the team, online classes, collaboration in different groups, streaming to Youtube and other platforms, webinars - just to name a few.

CONS

Being the best in the market, the price is quite high for it. For companies, it's definitely worth it considering all it delivers - but I wish it could be more affordable so more people would have access to it, especially to use it for personal life as well.

Reason for choosing Zoom

I had heard about Zoom and its features. When I used it as a trial, I knew it had to be it.

Reasons for switching to Zoom

The video conferencing quality wasn't as great and reliable. The quality would significantly decrease when we had over 50 people on a call (something that with Zoom doesn't happen). Had to keep asking people to turn their cameras off, which was frustrating.

Christopher

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Easy to use and fairly priced

Zoom meetings have been an excellent resource for our company since signing on. They made working from mush easier on our staff and provided a way to connect with students even though we could not be on campus due to the pandemic.

PROS

The Zoom support team has been awesome from the beginning and continues to be. The management side of the software is fairly clean and straightforward enough that a non-IT professional could potentially manage it for a small company. Another thing that is great about Zoom is they are always working to improve upon the product and adding new features.

CONS

From an administration side, there is a lack of granular control in some areas (especially with phones). While you can still limit user access to certain things, there are some settings that fall under an umbrella versus being by themself.

Reason for choosing Zoom

Pricing and usability. Zoom is much easier for end-users to use.

Reasons for switching to Zoom

Web-ex was no longer meeting our needs.

Benetta