What are 1Password users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using 1Password software through verified user reviews

1,810 Reviews

1,409

• icon"The integration between 1Password and Have I Been Pwned from Troy Hunt is an excellent addition to an already great product and the Watchtower feature is very useful."
  • icon"It is an excellent password locker app, and the customer service team is very helpful."
  • icon"I love how quickly you can set it up, and that it actively fortifies vulnerabilities. Best password manager out there."
  • icon"I feel skeptical of what would happen if they were to get hacked."
  • icon"I find that at times I get uncomfortable about the software knowing all my information, and there is the possibility of it being hacked, but I think it is a very small risk."
  • icon"People don't trust it yet and they are afraid that if one of their passwords is hacked, everything will be a disaster."

Browse all 1Password Reviews

• Have you used 1Password and would like to share your experience with others?

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,783 reviews

Tim

Must Have for password management

Ronita

August 2022

1Password is the Only Password Manager You'll Need

When it comes to your cyber security and personal data 1Password is the way to go. There is an old saying you get what you pay for but with 1Password you get more. It is well worth the money. Having all your passwords and data needs centrally located in one space will allow you to focus less on your security and remembering all your passwords and more on living and working. A definite recommendation.

Pros

Interface & Accessibilty - The interface is very simple yet powerful creating an intuitive experience that even the least tech savvy can navigate easily. Additionally, it works on all devices and operating systems. Customizable plans - They have 5 different plans available based on your need, whether it's personal or business. Each plan has a different level of features on top of the standard feature, including extra storage and real time monitoring. Live to monitor - As mentioned before they have Live Monitoring and dark web monitoring to ensure that your data isn't being sold or stolen. Pricing - Very affordable and probably underpriced for the amount of features you receive even on the base pricing level.

Cons

The only con I’ve found with this software is the customer support. While the help desk and customer support is very in-depth and helpful, there is no phone support option, which would be nice if something came up and you needed to speak to a person. Thus far this hasn’t been an issue for me, but others may have an issue with this.

Eric

June 2022

Very easy to use password manager

All is good so far. Quite happy with the product

Pros

Easy to use and deploy. Very familiar with this software make it easy to use too.

Cons

Pricing can be lower a bit. Compare with the other product in the market

Reasons for choosing 1Password

familiarity and more compatibility with macOS

Because Myki discontinue its offering

Lawrent

April 2022

an impressive tool

Remembering all passwords can be a hassle especially if you don't want to keep too easy-to-guess passwords. 1password allowed me to quickly generate strong passwords and store (and forget) them, relying on the app to autofill and securely keep the passwords at hand. However, with similar services for free such as Keychain or Chrome's password management app, it makes me question the need for paid applications just to get a few more features. For the price though, those features might be worthwhile.

Pros

It is easy to create an account, affordable (starts at $2.99 a month), and very intuitive to use. I like the Watchtower feature that alerts you of weak / compromised / reused passwords so you can keep up with your level of security. I like the autofill and password generator features, and the sense of security the app provides (multi-factor, auto sign-off, travel mode). 1 GB of encrypted file storage provides plenty of storage if you need that much.

Cons

like with any online service, basically, the fact that all my secure password are out in the cloud, is always a bit worrying. I found Laspass's dark web feature interesting, and 1password seems to be missing it.

Reasons for switching to 1Password

I needed to get more features, in a more organized way. However, I'm considering getting back to Chrome and Keychain just because they are free to use.

Travis

Inexpensive, Easy to Use Password Manager

1Password was a great solution for us. Prior to implementation, staff where using any number of methods to remember their logins, including using the same logins multiple times and writing their passwords on post-it user their keyboard. Needless to say, this was not a great security system. 1Password has been a blessing. Each user can store their own information in their private vault. You can also create shared vaults for shared items, such as the copier code for a specific department of the WiFi password for staff. You can store more than just logins - there are a number of templates for securing and sharing information securely with your team.

Pros

Every staff member in our organization now have the ability to use a unique, completely randomized password for every login. All they need to remember is their "1Password" to unlock the application and all of their information is stored.

Cons

There are multiple levels of authentication when setting up a new device, which provides great comfort in the cybersecurity realm. Some of our less tech-savvy users sometimes require help getting up and running. We added this to our onboarding process and it take out IT an extra 5 minutes, but allows our staff to simple "use" the application.

Reasons for choosing 1Password

Favorable pricing, ease of use, design and UI.

moses

Industry: Writing and Editing

A very convenient assistant

Usually I need help navigating through a new website or software , but on my first use of 1Password, it felt like i knew what i was doing, a software doesn't get any easier to use than this. At first i was a bit skeptical about using a password manager because i've had a bad experience of a software crashing on me when i needed it most( i almost lost one of my social media accounts) ; But I've learned to trust on a software again ,I now keep copies of my Identity documents, driver's licenses, my business contracts, passports, and a lot of my legal documents i get from any deals i make.

Pros

Its shared vault feature is one of the perfect feature for me and my family because we do a lot of online banking in the family computer. I like its cloud storage as well.

Cons

It doesn't have a free plan for people who can't afford to pay to use it. The cloud storage should be increased.

Reasons for switching to 1Password

It kept crashing and i wasn't happy with their pricings.

Benjamin

Industry: Photography

The Best Password Keeper (and I've tried many)

1password is great for individuals, but when it comes to teams, i keep track of my passwords i share in a spreadsheet. if anyone in my business were to leave, i generate a new password and share that with everyone except with the person that left. it keeps our passwords secure.

Pros

what i enjoy most is that this password keeper can keep all of my passwords synced between all of my devices and secure. I've tried dashlane, keeper, and lastpass and none were as easy to use as 1password

Cons

i don't like that they discontinued their one-time payment app. i bought 1password when it was $1.99 in the app store and had them ever since. the best $2 i ever spent

Reasons for switching to 1Password

I made the switch because 1password was already easy to use and had all of my passwords i needed. with the other password keepers, i had accidentally given my work team access to all of my passwords and didn't know how to revoke them. before anyone knew what happened, i deleted my account, only after trying to contact support. it was a pain trying to work with support from the other companies because it was email-only correspondence. because we're dealing with sensitive passwords, their response time wasn't acceptable. some of these companies didn't even respond to my request.

Lorien

July 2022

High protection for non-cyber security experts

Their customer service has quickly resolved any questions we had making this transition SO smooth. I love how easily it syncs across devices, and the ability to organize teams and vaults has been so simple. That was our biggest problem with LastPass- sharing was not easy to organize or simple to manage. Each employee gets a free family plan: and this has been a great added benefit- helping employes become more aware of cyber-security in general, 2FA, and all the details that go into it.

Pros

The ease of importing and switching from LastPass was great! And 1Password's Customer service has been unparalleled to other options we've tried. They have educational resources and so many tools to help you up your company's security, and they make it simple and user-friendly.

Cons

Honestly, we have not run into any problems so far.

Reasons for choosing 1Password

Had a good reputation, decent price, and the trial went great.

Reasons for switching to 1Password

Sharing was difficult to manage and not well organized.

Jerome

Industry: Newspapers

July 2022

Great piece of software that just does what it says

Very easy to use and almost enjoyable password management tool.

Pros

Very easy to use and makes password management a breeze. No longer need to come up with passwords for every account. Just remember the one password and you get good quality and very secure passwords

Cons

Let’s be honest, this software does everything you expect it to. Nothing missing. A fully functioning password manager that keeps everything secure and close at hand at all times.

Spoorthy

Excellent password management tool

Change from chrome native password manager to 1password was a really important for me. I use safari on my apply devices so having all my passwords on chrome password manager didn't make any sense for me.

Pros

1password is more reliable than native chrome password manager. I can access the password on all the devices. And generate passwords which are secure enough not to get hacked.

Cons

I have not found any cons because I use 1password to save and generate password and it does the job perfectly.

Stephen M

It Should Be Installed By Default

Overall, this is a kick-ass product! You pay for it though so you expect that level of premium upgrades and security. At $36/yr it's a reasonable expense at about $0.75/week to keep all your data in one place, secured. Again, with all of the ways, they allow you to access your information they really provide the most flexibility possible while keeping your information safe.

Pros

I'm still waiting for the horrible headline - "1Password Hacked". Thankfully, that day hasn't come and hopefully never will. The software is easy to use in either browser extension or full-application mode. I was able to make all of my passwords random 8-16 characters and different for every service I use. I feel much more secure than I did just a few months ago. It's easy to access across many devices once authorized. I have it on my computers, phone, and even watch. It not only allows passwords but some payment information, so that pesky credit card number you can't remember is always at hand.

Cons

Sometimes, I think it has to do with the site's form submission, you are not prompted to save the password you just entered or created. In that case, if it was generated with 1P, you can pretty easily find it in your password list and add the site domain and username. In other cases, where you created the password, 1P does not know it and you do need to manually add it yourself. These scenarios are maybe every 1-in-10 sites you create an account on.

Reasons for choosing 1Password

I personally prefer the look, feel, and layout of 1Password. I have recommended both LastPass and 1Password to friends and family depending on their preferences - as long as their data is safe.

Reasons for switching to 1Password

I tried LastPass for a little while. It seemed a little more confusing to me. I think there were more granular options, maybe, especially for groups, but I just found it a little more cumbersome to use.

June 2022

Test best choice in paid password managers

With 1Password I can review weak and compromised passwords and websites. It does away with poor security practises and makes it easy to live a more secure digital life.

Pros

1Password is simple to use and manage not just passwords, but notes, credit cards, identities, software licenses and more. Best of all it is easy to organise all this sensitive information in to different vaults, which you can share securely across your devices and friends, colleagues and family.

Cons

I would like it if 1Password would let you copy all the information in an entry, including it's title. Sadly the only way to do this is by editing the entry, which is extra work and risks corruption.

Skyler

5/5, recommend to everyone I meet, especially clients.

I have the business plan that includes a family plan on discount; all employees and family use it. I recommend it to all of my clients as well, as the number one security measure they can/should take.

Pros

1Password has a nice looking and easy to understand interface. It works seamlessly on my computer and mobile phone, really wherever I set it up. Ease of use and top-tier security were the two metrics I was looking for, and this aces both. Much better than LastPass, imho.

Cons

It's not unique to 1Password, but learning to use a password manager can have quite a learning curve no matter who you use. This has been a struggle for my parents, for example. Having used other password managers though, it's hard for me to find fault with this one. It's pretty smooth.

Reasons for switching to 1Password

LastPass was harder to use, the interface isn't as good. They also use more tracking software bundled with their solutions, which hit's performance and makes me a little concerned, given we are primarily about security here and I don't want to be tracked.

Dave

July 2022

Best of the password managers I’ve tried.

Overall pretty great. I had an extended trial and ended up going with it.

Pros

Works on all my devices. Integration with windows hello and iPhone. Ability to make long and complicated passwords that don’t easily get hacked.

Cons

Yearly fee. Sometimes it’s frustrating to have to log in so much sometimes does not automatically recognize what login is needed for certain websites.

Doran

April 2022

Excellent password manager with other security features as well.

Overall we are very happy with 1Password and will continue to subscribe and recommend it. It's has been updated with new features that I know some of our team has started to utilize like the MFA authenticator and it sounds like it works well. I am very thankful for the personal license they provide for any business licensed user and the ability to share that with my spouse, so we have access to shared passwords. The ability to use the mobile app, browser plug-ins and Windows Desktop app and have them always synced is the best. Our previous solution required a file to be used and sent around to App or other systems. This is a much better product.

Pros

Secure. Easy to implement. Easy to manage users and access. Business subscriptions allows a license for a personal account per user, which you can also share with family. Excellent benefit.

Cons

I'm not a fan of the new look in 1Password for Windows 8.6.1, much prefer the look and function of version 7.9.828. Searching 8.6.x does not work as well as in 7.9.x. When you search in 8.6 it doesn't produce a list of items containing the search term anymore, it goes to the first item that has the search term. There is an "option" at the bottom of the search that says "show all matching items", but I want that to be the default and see no way to make it the default action.

Reasons for choosing 1Password

Seemed to be a better product with the features and options we were looking for.

Reasons for switching to 1Password

Needed to be able to control access to passwords, add and remove users, "centrally" located and manage passwords.

Graham

March 2022

1Password is an incredible time saver, all day, every day.

I moved to 1Password a couple of years ago and it makes my much life easier. Security is absolutely necessary but adds time and friction to so much of what we constantly need to do. For me, 1Password takes away so much of that. I rarely take the time to write reviews, unless something is exceedingly good or exceedingly bad. 1Password is exceedingly good, to the extent I regularly notice just how helpful it is. Per day I'd say 1Password saves me at least half an hour. Some days well over that. It's a bit like giving back the dead time spent on daily commuting, and instead lets me get on with what I need to do. An obvious example is quickly logging on to sites and apps, which I think everybody can appreciate and get time back from. However, it can go so much further than that, as it's incredibly adaptable for unique situations. For example, I need to generate SSL certificates for staff and distribute them. I had no expectation a "password manager" would help with this, but with its command-line integration and a bit of scripting, I've been able to automate all of that. Without 1Password, that would take me on average 2 hours a week, or paying a ton of money for specialised software.

Pros

- It's super fast to get into secure sites and apps. Mostly it takes one hotkey and I'm pretty much into anything. It's replaced browser bookmarks for me as it's faster. - It covers logging into pretty much anything, including apps. So far only my bank doesn't play nice, as it requires a physical MFA key. - MFA integration is super slick. I don't need to step out to Google Authenticator, etc. - Seamlessly generating and saving passwords when signing up to new sites. - Easily sharing secure data with other people. - Easily hold sensitive files, like my scanned passport. Even files for an OpenSSL infrastructure. - It's incredibly adaptable with things like command-line integration. - The app is constantly improving.

Cons

- Figuring out what it can do and how to initially use a feature can take time. For example, being able to set it up for apps on laptops is great, but I didn't know it could do that for a long time, and then it took a while to get my head around how to do it.

Why would you use anything else?

Overall our experience has been great. Their support, via both email and Twitter, is top-notch. The UI is modern feeling and easy to navigate. The ability to share those required logins within our company is the most important part of this software, and it's the part that 1Password exceeds at.

Pros

The features and modern UI look of 1Password made this an easy choice. Vault management is a breeze, and setting up groups for each department with those vaults is easy. The built-in QR code scanner to set up MFA is a feature that is invaluable as it ensures an easy way for our employees to use this and make sure their accounts can be as safe as possible.

Cons

There is only one thing that is currently negative for us, and that is that there is no G Workspace integration. There is a SCIM bridge to help bridge between different directories, there is support for MS Active Directory, but there is not get any firm plans for G Workspace integration. While this is currently not deal-breaking, as we grow larger we may need to look at alternatives if this doesn't get on the roadmap.

Reasons for choosing 1Password

Lastpass felt dated and it didn't feel like the updates they were making were useful to us or bringing the product up to a modern feel. 1Password was less buggy, has wider support across iOS apps and Web and just felt like a better product to use

Aaron

Fantastic Password Management, but questionable business decisions make it impossible to recommend

This is a difficult question to answer, as up until recently my overall experience with 1Password has been extremely positive. However, as a result of the questionable business decisions listed above, my experience has become increasingly soured. I simply cannot and will not recommend 1Password to anyone at this point.

Pros

1Password is hands down the best password manager on the market. It has an attractive interface, multiple sync options, a flexible password generator, and a plethora of features beyond simple password management - such as secure notes, the ability to store credit card and bank account info. In addition, it is fully cross platform, with clients for the Mac, Windows, iOS, Android and even Linux. Unfortunately, no matter how good 1Password is as a password manager, due to recent changes (see below), these Pros are largely moot.

Cons

AgileBits, the owner of 1Password, has made a number of very questionable decisions over the past couple of months, making it nearly impossible for me to recommend it, despite how good the software maybe. The long and short of it is a little over a year ago, AgileBits accepted a fair amount of venture capital money, and ever since their business model has changed drastically - going from a customer first model, to a profit over all else model. A short list of the questionable and user-hostile changes: • Switching to Electron for future app development (for the record, Electron is a terrible user experience when compared to native apps). • Removing standalone licenses and forcing all users to a subscription/software-as-a-service model. • Forcing all users to store their passwords in the 1Password cloud, vs. previously being able to store your password locally, reducing the security of your passwords. • Removing extremely important features from their clients without warning (specifically the iOS share sheet extension), and then dismissing user's frustrations about said removals. • Completely tone-deaf developers (specifically in the [SENSITIVE CONTENT]), who seem to no longer understand or respect the 1P user base. The development team has become increasingly dismissive of user complaints/concerns of where 1P is heading. • Finally, and most worrisome, AB has actively lied to its user base when claiming a change won't be made, and then making that change (or vice versa).

Reasons for choosing 1Password

I have been using 1Password for the better part of a decade, and have only recently started to look into alternatives. Unfortunately, with the direction 1Password is heading, it is extremely likely that I will be moving onto a new password manager. Given that I am heavily invested in the Apple ecosystem, Apple's own password manger (iCloud Keychain) is a very attractive option. In addition, Bitwarden, while not as polished as 1Password, is far better priced with more options, including a self-hosting option, and is fully cross-platform. Minimalist Password Manager is relatively new on the market, but is well designed, with a good road map and very responsive developers - its biggest downside is it is macOS/iOS only. Finally, LastPass and Keeper are expensive and clunky to use.

Tim

Researched and used other, 1Password is the best for me.

I originally set up 1Password with out a lot of research. It was great except I wanted the ability to share individual records without having to create a separate vault for it. This lead me to doing more research when I started my own company and I settled on Keeper. I found that wile I initially thought Keeper was cheaper by the time I bought all the optional peaces it was the same or more expensive than 1Password and much more difficult to use (partial because of having more options). I did extensive searching and testing at this point and finaly went through the effort to switch back to 1Password. Save yourself the trouble, do your research on the front side, and/or just use 1Password, it's great.

Pros

My initial experience with one password comes from setting it up for a small/med. construction company. While security may be most important in a password app. usability is right next to it. A difficult to use app might as well not be rated for security because it won't be used. I found 1Password to be user friendly even with people who are the most unfriendly toward using a computer. After useability: -Shared Vaults (groups of passwords) -Admin power and simplicity -Guest access (in some packages) - this is the ability to share a vault with someone (client) for no additional charge and keep them separate from the rest of the organization (say you need access to some of there resources during a project) -Integration of multiple accounts, I have a personal account (provided with my work account), a work account, and an account from a primary customer. When I sign in to my app I get access to these three authorized accounts with clear but convenient separation. Which comes back to, I use it because it's convinced and secure.

Cons

Read this as, my two feature requests, but if these are critical items for you, then be aware. -Share single items, in 1Password all sharing is done by vault and over all this is a good thing but I'd like to have persons user credentials in a vault for that person but share just that item to a junior IT person. There are work arounds but that would be nice. -Securely receive credentials as a one time event from an outside source. A reminder that the guest vault sharing I described above is outstanding it's overkill when you need to get a set of credentials from a client (or other source) and don't need to keep in in sync. I've seen this from a small solution. It sends a one time access url that is a form. After it is opened and closed it doesn't do anything anymore. If info is entered it creates and entry on my side. These are small things I would like but I still chose 1Password over having those features. If you must have them; Keeper has ability to share groups and individuals records - powerful but a little difficult For the requesting feature look to to EliPass, I found this one feature great but the rest of the platform needs work.

Reasons for switching to 1Password

Usability and value (not the cheapest but good price points with great product)

Darryl

Stop being dumb and disorganized, get 1Password for your business & family!

Agilebits has really grown 1Password in the right direction. I've been with them for 10+ years and not only do they actually have support that respond, they even take the time to respond well. They could respond more quickly, but I'm not going to complain much about that, within 24 hours and a good response instead of 72 hours and a canned response... I'll take that any day!

Pros

1Password has evolved into a very nice software. Their Business Teams feature has been key in organizing our company virtually. Teaching staff why its so important to use random military grade passwords everywhere and never reusing the same password is key for any business that doesn't like to be hacked. People are pretty dumb when it comes to their passwords, 1Password, when used properly, sets the bar where it needs to be! Stop texting logins everywhere, use 1Password shared vaults to "transfer" a login or other sensitive data to a staff or family member! I've had my kids on it since age 3 with family vault so I can manage their logins, and teach them good practice on login management since day one. Having access to all sensitive data on the go with the mobile app, priceless. Seriously, why are you still reading this GO BUY IT AND FORCE EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO USE IT!

Cons

I have nothing bad to say, which is strange for me, as I am a critical mind and almost always find something to complain about :) Oh I got one, my complaint is that NOT EVERYONE IS USING IT! Fix that Agilebits!

Reasons for choosing 1Password

At the time I chose 1Password because they were standalone vaults that gave me full control over my own data and security. Now anymore, many choose LastPass for price, but I would never sacrifice all the features, support, ease of use, and security that 1pass has provided all these years. I have studied the cloud-based version of 1pass, was impressed with their white-paper on how the encryption works, and wouldn't trust anyone else with a cloud-based solution, ESPECIALLY NOT APPLE / iCLOUD!!!

Carl-Erik

This is a no-brainer: buy this for your business!

This is the most secure, yet user-friendly, software solution available for password management in the enterprise. Screw LastPass, get thi. I can use it on any browser, I have it on all my phones, it has excellent 2FA abilities (got rid of both Microsoft and Google 2FA authenticators), etc.

Pros

Security and ease of use. So easy and great to administer.

Cons

I like pretty much everything, but for a long time I needed to have 2 1Password extensions installed. Both the "native" version that integrated with the desktop software and the web-only version, but now the web-only version has integration for the optional desktop software, so nowadays I have no complaints.

Reasons for switching to 1Password

Poor security. Several breaches.

Kai

Combining great design and great functionality. Easy to stay secure.

Pros

I love the design. The software interface makes it a joy to use. Having the option to create multiple vaults for different areas of your life, and then enable or disable them based on the browser instance you're in is super handy for keeping logins seperate, but in the same account. Another great feature is the in-built two factor authentication. When I log into an application, it fills in the 2FA along with the username and password and saves me a heap of time - without compromising my security. Finally, the biometrics login (using your fingerprint, Face ID, Apple Watch etc.) to login to 1password is super handy. Makes for a quick and simple accessing experience.

Cons

Couple of things. I came from LastPass, which had two features I miss. Firstly, it's hard to share logins in 1password. It sorta forces you to either send a one-use clunky link via text or email, or setup a (paid) shared vault. LastPass just allowed you to invite someone and it would drop into their account. The other thing is saving logins the first time you signup for account, or access an account you haven't saved yet. With LastPass, even after putting in your details, clicking sign up/sign in and landing on the next page of the website, a little popup in the corner would prompt you to Save the login. Super handy. However, with 1password, I have to physically click Save Login on one of the fields as I enter them before I sign in or otherwise it doesn't give me the option to save them. It's a small thing, but was a great, common sense feature that I do miss with 1password.

Reasons for switching to 1Password

LastPass has a really frustrating user interface. It has some great features (some that I miss in 1password) but the overall UI, UX and CX of 1password, the thought that's put into the product design, is what's most important to me. I wasn't even paying for LastPass at the time, but made the switch and brought all my passwords across, and paid for 1password, because the experience is just that much better - at least when I was using LastPass.

Life changing security management

1Password leads the industry when it comes to password management. Beyond just storing login info, 1Password can secure arbitrary files/documents, text data, credit card info, Wi-Fi passwords, driver's licenses, passports, etc. Items can be organized into various vaults, some of which you can choose to share among members of your family or organization (depending on your plan) to easily keep shared passwords available to multiple users. 1Password integrates with just about every conceivable browser, and the extensions do their best to auto-fill login info automatically. Additionally, 1Password can store 2FA token generators for logins. After logging in, it can automatically paste the current code into the 2FA prompt, so it's about as easy as possible to have increased account security. Of course, whenever it copies data to the pasteboard automatically, it will restore the previous contents of the pasteboard shortly thereafter. Overall, I couldn't be happier with 1Password. Yes, I had to go through a months long ordeal of transitioning my messy, insecure logins from Safari over to 1Password, which involved visiting every site and changing my passwords to use unique, randomly-generated secure passwords. But once I finally got everything organized, it has been effortless to keep all my logins, credit card, and even all my cryptocurrency info secured. The browser extensions and iOS integration make it effortless to log in about 95% of the time.

Pros

The Apple first-class citizens approach that 1Password employs means it's an incredibly polished and pleasant user experience on any Apple device, even though it's supported on Windows and Android as well. The design language instills confidence in the quality of the product as well, as does their industry-leading stance on security and data protection. However, the single best feature in my mind is their world class customer support. Seriously, no other product I've ever used has the same level of support that 1Password offers. Whether you email them or tweet at them, you will receive a professional, personalized response extremely quickly, no matter whether you're asking a question or just leaving a compliment. Replies are offered using correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation, which may seem silly to point out, but when it comes to a product that you're trusting to secure your entire digital life, these factors go a long way to inspire trust that they take their product, business, and customers seriously.

Cons

It's hard to think of cons, honestly. Every con I can think of would usually involve some trivial nit pick which in no way affects the core experience. However, I'll list a few of them anyway. 1Password is a touch too opinionated when it comes to organizing fields, in my opinion. For some item types, 1Password mandates which fields appears, and those fields can't be moved around or deleted outright. If you leave them empty, they won't appear in the standard view, but still, someone OCD like me enjoys being able to exactly move things around. Perhaps more interesting is the fact that there are different restrictions on different platforms. On iOS, you can move some mandatory fields around that you can't on macOS. On Windows, text notes don't render Markdown whereas they do on macOS and iOS. On iOS, there doesn't appear to be a way to link related items, even though you can see already existing linked items if they were added on macOS. Perhaps the biggest actual usability con for most people might be the desktop experience's information architecture. It can be confusing sometimes to figure out where you are. The navigation side bar might be hiding item categories which you have to reveal, or it may be confusing to know at a glance exactly what vault you are currently viewing. Every once in a while, I'll get a little lost in the navigation, which I suspect might be problematic for less tech savvy users.

Alain

Industry: Biotechnology

Excellent product for rewarding good password hygiene with easier logins

1Password is great to work with and their support team is responsive and honest. The product works smoothly and meets or exceeds our password management needs.

Pros

I really enjoy using 1Password. It is an integral part of my workflow. My colleagues have adopted it eagerly as well and it makes day to day logins into various systems much easier. As an manager of a team of system administrators across security, cloud, and IT, one of the biggest wins 1Password gives me is a major reduction is password reset help tickets. That alone pays for the product. Combine the user experience and reduction in workload with the awareness aspect of WatchTower and it makes 1Password an obvious choice for me and an easy recommendation for my peers in the industry.

Cons

As someone who has many accounts for the same service for different purposes, the lack of ability for the browser plugin to recognize which account is in the login form for auto-filling is a bit of a nuisance. Fixing this would be a major improvement to my workflow in the day.

Reasons for choosing 1Password

Cleaner integration in the desktop across platforms and great mobile support. Overall 1Password is more polished than LastPass.

Kevin

Best Password Manager Available

1Password is the best password manager available in my opinion. The way the app allows multiple ways to organize passwords (tagging, vaults, search, categories, and now archive!) is such a joy and it actually makes password management fun for me. My history with the app has been a little confusing because of the way they've done versioning, but I'm willing to overlook that because of all the amazing features. They also actually write real release notes when they push an update through the app store, which is such a breath of fresh air. I've emailed their customer support multiple times and they've always been extremely helpful. I like the 1Password community, and the fact that 1Password employees hop on there and help people out. I've used LastPass for about a year or two, and I've trialed Dashlane, Bitwarden, and a bunch of others. I am a 1Password user 100% - the others frankly don't even come close.

Pros

The design, the organizational features, and the number of field options for each password entry.

Cons

The complexity of the 1Password App, 1Password browser extensions, 1Password X, 1Password 7, etc. - the versioning seems overly complex and a bit hard to understand. The history of it when they moved from a one time cost to monthly was a bit rough as well.

Reasons for switching to 1Password

Because LastPass is scammy. I wrote about my perspective of the whole LastPass premium/free fiasco here: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]Because LastPass' feature set and organization options are terrible.Because LastPass did not at the time include OTP fields for passwords.Because I get the impression LastPass does not care about me, at all.

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,783 reviews