• Pros

• "Easy to use and implement. Works great and I would recommend it."

• "Fast email processing. Great customer support. Easy to use interface."

• "Needed assistance on minor issues in the past and received it without hassle! Was very impressed with how product works."

• Cons

• "While the documentation could be more detailed, their tech support department is so efficient that I have found that to be the most expedient source for solutions."

• "It's a bit complicated to install and configure at first, but their support is good at helping you thru."

• "Some items aren't where you would expect them to be, but once you learn where it is, it's not a big deal. Other than a fairly high up front cost, the software has been fine."

Browse SpamTitan Reviews

Ágoston from Mind-Info Kft

Versatile spam/av filter for reasonable price

It is great. Good software for a modest price tag: not too expensive but not too cheap so they are able to cover support and pay support engineers with qualities. It works as expected.

Pros

The ease of setup, the integration of Bitdefender sandbox, the punctuality of the spamfilter - after training -, the user quarantine, price tag, fast and quality(!) support. The quality of the checks and inclusion of bitdefender is a big extra. And I have to mention the support again: once we ran into a problem updating the software at a customer the speed of response and willing to help and solve the issue for us analyzing the system, etc was great ( The problem caused by our fault as we gave too few resources to the VM because we waited for more RAM to the virtual hosts and didn't upgrade the settings when we had enough resources again to run all workloads.) Support was willing to recover the system to be fully functional with a remote help.

Cons

Looking for logs about a specific message could be easier. While it's great and usable for an experienced admin this is a bit tedious for Level 1 support guys. However, there's a detailed description/howto page which covers all the details (https://helpdesk.spamtitan.com/support/solutions/articles/175885-using-history). I just mean that could be easier to follow a message and look for all occurrences in the logs.

Price/features value.

Reasons for Switching to SpamTitan

Performance, punctuality, user interface and features.

Tyler from Great Lakes Textiles, Inc.

Good mail filter, easy for our users to manage.

Pros

SpamTitan provided a lot of the functionality of our previous mail filtering service, while keeping costs competitive. It's very simple and easy to use from an end user perspective, and not terribly hard to set up as an Administrator. There are plenty of options for deployments both small and large. On the back end SpamTitan uses a collection of open source software like Spamassasin and ClamAV, bundled together in a pretty web interface they've designed and provide support for. Compared to rolling your own solution, hiring a Linux admin to manage a mail filtering service, this is much more cost effective.

Cons

Support was a little lacking. Their headquarters are in Ireland, so responses take a little longer, and it's a little hard understanding them sometimes, especially over the phone. The audio quality of overseas phone calls is very poor. The foundation SpamTitan is built on Spamassasin is only so good, it doesn't catch spam and viruses like the leading mail providers (Gmail/Google Apps). For that reason, it may require a little more time for administrators to fine tune settings.

Reasons for Switching to SpamTitan

GFI was bought by Solarwinds and was transitioning their entire mail platform to a different product entirely. We liked the older solution better.

Syazwani from RHB Banking Group

Protect my emails from vulnerable

Using SpamTitan as my main software to fight spam emails is very effective and more benefit i have seen better then other more popular brand. I am very happy with the pricing and really valuable with what i has paid. When I think about email protection, it is always SpamTitan that pop-up in my mind.

Pros

SpamTitan has a very good accuracy in filtering a spam and malicious emails from entering my primary inbox. It is very easy to set up my own keyword that i want to include in the filter keyword and setting up the whitelist keyword. After setting everything up, the process is automated and i don't have to constantly monitoring it as it will sent me report for every-week activity.

Cons

There are time that a legit email will be blocked and there are no notification sent to remind me about this activity, and resulting that email stayed in the spam inbox until i have to manually check and whitelist it. Adding domain into the software for the first time can be confusing and i had to ask for a support to fix it.

Reasons for Switching to SpamTitan

Gmail has a good protection on spam email, but there are no option to add my own list of keyword to be filtered.

Conor from Netcelero Ltd

Decent features for the price could do with some more features. Would still recommend.

Spam is removed.

Pros

Cloud based software so nothing to install on site. The dashboard allows you to see what emails have been quarantined, allows white listing of domains. Decent set of basic features. Price point reflects what you get.

Cons

The following lets it down: 1. The quarantine reports to the users are once a day, i get a lot of emails from staff saying they haven't received a email from a client and i have to log in to check, a quarantine email once a hour would be much better. 2. Some email which don't even match basic standards get block but not reported, took us a while to realise this as we had a ioT device misconfigured but had no idea Spam Titan was blocking it. 3. It can fail to deliver to the endpoint mail server, but doesn't report whether the email was successfully delivered or not just that it passed or didn't pass the spam listing, you have to go into the actual email and look at the headers. 4. Would be nice if there was a encrypted SMTP relay too that could scan email going out. Haven't had a compromised laptop or email account but could see how this would help.

Response from TitanHQ

Replied August 2018

Hi Conor, Thanks for your kind review and your very helpful feedback on SpamTitan. It has been fed back into the product team. Their feedback is as follows: 1.This is true that SpamTitan sends one report per day, however all end users can request on-demand reports as many times per day as they wish, simply by clicking the On Demand Link at the bottom of the report. 2. All mail that connect to SpamTitan will be reported on in the Reporting > History tab. Along with all headers. 3. If a mail is passed to the mail server this will be shown on the Reporting > History tab. Along with the SMTP response the Mail Server provided. 4.SpamTitan will filter all outbound mail and can have TLS enabled for encrypted traffic. We're constantly developing and trying to improve SpamTitan Conor, thanks again for the great feedback Kind regards, Dryden Dryden Geary, Marketing Director, TitanHQ

Norzihan from Maxis

Stop spam email with SpamTitan

SpamTitan has help me so much in fighting a spam email and malicious link from harming our system. All the attachment in the email will be scanned before I open it and any suspicious file attachment will be blocked and quarantine, to protect me from mistakenly opening it. I really has a positive experience after deploying this software in my working environment.

Pros

SpamTitan has advance and extra security layers that protecting my email account get penetrated or get attack from spam email. Ransomware is one of the most feared kind of emails that we really want to avoid, and this software effectively blocking any malicious email that may contain file attachment or link that may harm my computer or phone.

Cons

The only point that i dislike is, there are no access to the software from other device except from my computer, as it only operating from stand-alone application for desktop. It will be more flexible if the software has web-browser, so user can access it from anywhere that internet is available.

Reasons for Switching to SpamTitan

SpamTitan is more suitable and has more option in filtering and securing my emails.

howard from Aardman Animations

Our Experience Installing and Using Spam Titan

The Spam Titan team have been brilliant, all the way through from initial contact to our engagement with support during initial configuration, they bent over backwards to be helpful. Support engagement is good, with very rapid responses to calls we submitted initially.

Pros

The product was really easy to setup and is intuitive. It basically does exactly what it is supposed to once setup and we have not experienced any issues with the product other than from our side setting up the various bits of DNS txt correctly :-) As expected it takes a while to learn our email patterns so initially there were some delays with some inbound emails due to Grey-listing as it waited for resends to recognise good email, this was improved by playing with initial grey list settings. Overall we are very happy with the product and we have had no complaints from any users, which is always a plus.

Cons

At this point there are no parts of the product that we are unhappy with.

Reasons for Choosing SpamTitan

This was a very straightforward product compared to the complexity of the alternatives and at a fraction of the cost. After an easy and quick proof of concept we were sold :-)

Reasons for Switching to SpamTitan

Verizon were no longer supporting message labs so we needed to leave quickly

Zuhairah from Public Bank

Protect and secure email with SpamTitan

Very positive experience with SpamTitan for almost 2 year. Most of the spam emails is definitely has been filtered out and has securing my email account. I hope they can continue updating a new feature and spam filter keyword so it can secure my inbox better.

Pros

Protecting and securing my email account from spam and spoof email has very effective using SpamTitan. It has really avoiding my inbox bombarded from uninvited email. The quarantine report and the whitelist let me to unblock the incoming email if its were falsely unblock. It has serve me well and keep a peace mind from all the spam email.

Cons

One of the least thing that i like is the notification is not consistent at all. Sometimes it will notify me for a list of email that are block, and sometimes the notification won't even shown. The customer support is slow in replying ticket, and has been ignored for weeks without any response. Other than that, everything else is great.

Reasons for Switching to SpamTitan

SpamTitan has a better spam filtering mechanism.

Morten from Hostedby ApS

Great product

I have been using spamtitan for more than 10 years now.

Pros

The software are easy to use and efficient

Cons

There is a long time between the updates in the software, this is both good and bad.

Reasons for Choosing SpamTitan

Spamtitan was chaper and had a more responsive interface.

Reasons for Switching to SpamTitan

Spamtitan was chaper and had a more responsive interface.

Mark from Sokos

Efficient Email Spam Filter

Blocks everything it needs to from mail, virus's, malware, etc, does its job.

Pros

They offer free 30 day trial to test it out. If you have nothing in place currently, you will see that a spam filter is needed. Also say 99.99% rate but found that a bit more spam still sneaks into mailbox but does great job at getting rid of most of it.

Cons

There are other hardware pieces and software out there that works better as a spam filter. Barracuda products give way more control and feel the block rate is better as well.

Reasons for Choosing SpamTitan

Wanted to give it a try since offering the trial they do, didn't disappoint that's for sure.

Sergio from Inland Empire Technical Services

Industry: Computer Networking

IETS Review

so far so good, the support people are great at helping out, very knowledgeable

Pros

Practical and easy to use, it offers options for the liberal and conservative companies I deal with on a daily basis. This is what I really like about this software.

Cons

I would like to see the reporting features work a little more intuitively, it is not really wysiwyg. that i would like to see,

Reasons for Choosing SpamTitan

This product was recommended by ISOGENT, they spoke highly of SpamTitan and so we went forward with this.

Reasons for Switching to SpamTitan

Does not allow me to be administrator as it does not break out domains like SpamTitan. You can have different administrators for different domains.

Mike from Adelante Development Center

Antispam that is affordable, flexible and powerful

Overall, we are very happy with the product and the customer support. We did have to put some time into this product but now we have a custom-fit solution, with fault-tolerance (two servers at two locations, both locations have both internet and private WAN access to the Exchange server) and we're saving thousands of dollars versus the managed solution we used to use. We can tighten things up if we wish, we have a lot of flexibility with this product. I rate it an excellent value. So much power, flexibility and fault-tolerance, for so little money.

Pros

We opted for an on-site appliance (a Linux server really, a VM in our case, but it's just a web-based console as far as configuration goes). Their cloud version is the same product running on their servers and that would relieve you of the work we put in, as I'll describe, but we wouldn't have it any other way. The on-prem version is what we like the most about this "software." We have another VM running at an alternate site, they sync with each other and one can take over if the other is down or unreachable. They also can load-balance. Yes this solution is a little more complex than are previous solution. But it's in the complexity that you get the flexibility. SpamTitan support has helped us tweak the settings based on what we're seeing in the console. Excellent history report shows everything, or you can filter very easily. Unfiltered you can see blocked (and why), quarantined, accepted...everything. If you don't see it, that email did not get to you, and in our experience it has been a Sender issue every time. SpamTitan, with the clustered configuration is less that half the cost of our old solution and we never have to upgrade or replace the "appliance" because it's just a VM, or one of our physical servers, either way, you never face an End of Life "you must upgrade" mandate from SpamTitan. Also - these servers will spool email until they can reach the email server. So if your email server is down or unreachable, you most likely are still getting email.

Cons

Well...it does require us to do some of the lifting and I have discovered there was a lot I didn't know about fighting spam. I turned on one block setting and started blocking emails I didn't want to block, okay...turn that off! We had warned all of our employees that we were switching products and to be on the lookout for spam and/or missing emails. Most reports were false, but in some cases there was a problem with the settings and this helped us to tweak the product. Also be aware that you need to use a trusted IP address or your emails may end up in the recipient's spam folder. We just used the IP from our old solution once we ran into this issue. There are certainly other examples, things not working right because we didn't set it up just right (we tend to do things on our own, we learn more that way). Every time we've gotten stuck I have gone to the website and checked their knowledge base. If I didn't find the answer I create a ticket. If you give them a console-generated code they can get into your system and look at your settings. After a month or two I think we have the settings where we want them. However, we keep an eye on the history report, watching for any signs of trouble. The product worked well right out of the box, but now it's really doing a good job, without blocking good emails (yes, some bad emails get through, but it's at least as good as our old expensive managed solution).

Tristan from Summit Veterinary Pharmacy Inc.

Setup was very straight forward

Once we got through the growing pains we don't have to field many helpdesk tickets from users getting use to this software coming from our previous spam filter. The other big benefit is that our previous spam filter service provider was about to double our yearly rate so your software ended up having a better spam detection rate and was also less expensive.

Pros

Easy to setup and maintain. The detection rate is fabulous. When we initially setup the software we were getting tons of false-positives but this subsided after several weeks of use after which time I assume the system started to pickup on the types of emails that we consider legit.

Cons

It would be better to have a more well rounded user portal. For those users with many false-positives in an email notice it would be good to have a way to release the emails without opening a web browser tab for each and every email to be released or at least bring the user to the portal login page so they can easily manage many releases if this is not possible through the email client. Not a big deal but it is a little annoying personally for me. I believe in the beginning I was told that there was no user portal to then later find out that there was one. Not sure where the disconnect was but this feature ended up being quite crucial for the owner of the company I work for as he was used to working in the portal of our previous product (Barracuda). The other problem that was noticed earlier on is that the daily summary emails would have these crazy ambiguous email addresses in them in the "From" field which I was told couldn't be modified. The owner of the company was very confused by this as the Barracuda would show us both the technical from address as well as what would normally appear in the mail client and would have more meaning to the end user and give them a better idea if the email was spam or not. I suggested at the time to the tech\sales person I was speaking with that this should be changed to at least show both "from" email address' so the end user is armed with more information to make an informed decision about the email being spam or not.

Eric from Uptown Communication House

Emails are by the minute .. daily report doesnt cut it

It was alright but having good emails blocked and others not blocked was a fine grey line of a product that works or doesnt. Currently we rather have office do it for us as it will send an email same time of something that is blocked and can be release.

Pros

The software was great in terms of user interface and usage.

Cons

The daily report of spam or something with held was to long of a delay. What killed this software for me is when our founder had a false positive email he waiting for (plane ticket) and he didnt get it till next day causing him to buy another ticket at the terminal. Our sales reps would get their reports of potential clients that had their emails blocked by the system the next day which was also very bad for us.

price

Reasons for Switching to SpamTitan

I thought this product would do a better job

Benjamin from M&M Golf Cars

SpamTitan has saved me, saved my company time, and has some of the best support people around.

Just sorting the crap emails automatically that come in saves my company hours in man hours. It's also blocked malicious attachments which is awesome because the weakest part of any security is always the people. This helps with that tremendously

Pros

It's as close to "set it and forget it" as you can come in the IT field. Right out of the box support helped me set everything up in less than 20 minutes, no hardware to worry about, nothing like that. Literally all I have to do is check to see if something was blocked incorrectly once in a while, white list it, and done. I've been using spam titan for almost a year and in that time we have blocked over 200k spam/malicious emails for a 30 person company before they even hit employee mailboxes. I shut off the service for 48 hours just to make sure it easy legit, it was, and I haven't shut it off again since. Whitelisting and blacklisting domains and specific emails are super easy. Support Staff are awesome and go into detail when resolving problems if they were to arise or even if you just have a question. They have always been friendly and curteous and super personable and have been some of the best people to work with in all my years doing IT.

Cons

The only thing I feel is missing is the ability for cloud users to create their own key word filter. Don't get me wrong, the spam filter itself is amazing, just a bit more precise control on my end to mark specific phrases or words as spam would be nice. Being able to see the email body of messages that come in as SPF fails would be helpful at times as many company's we deal with have auto invoicing that fails SPF. Other than that no issues!

JJ from Rogue Data

SpamTitan Cloud Service

Very good, we came here after trying two other services for a couple years each. SpamTitan is very useful to us and we re-evaluate providers every so often and continue to stick with them.

Pros

It's hosted offsite, but gives me the ability to modify and tweak anything I want. Customer Service is easy to reach and always helpful. Does a good job with filtering, we rarely have to white list and don't get much spam at all. The best part is that I can forget about it.

Cons

Not a huge con, but I wish there was more notifications around maintenance, slow-downs, outages etc. We've been with this service for years and wouldn't still have it if it caused disruptions, but there were a few hiccups I needed to call it to find out about. That may well be something that is available too, I just am not aware, nor is it a big enough issue for me to waste time looking into.

Jim from Computer view, Inc.

Spam Titan makes it easy to deploy effective affordable spam protection

In my opinion when you work with a smaller company they value their customers more then the large mega companies. With TitanHQ that has turned out to be true thus far. They are willing to go the extra mile for you to help customize and optimize the appliance. All support techs know their job well; you don't have to wait for a script monkey to escalate your case to some one who knows what they are doing, and they have even implement a few of my feature requests.

Pros

-Very easy to set up. Can be done in a few hours. -Support is hands down the BEST to deal with. I make many support calls in a year and hate dealing with most companies but when I have an issue and have to contact TitanHQ I assume my issues will be resolved quickly the first time I contact them because it usually is. -Reporting is fantastic

Cons

The interface is a bit clunky it probably could use a GUI refresh There are a few settings like RBLs that would be nice to be able to be set per each domain but are global. There are a few common 3rd party commercial RBL's that are not included but make a noticeable difference. Because SpamTitan is so affordable the added cost is not an issue but it would be nice if Titan HQ could license them directly.

Reasons for Choosing SpamTitan

-Support, features, reporting, ease of use, price

Say byebye to spam!

With over 500 mailboxes, spam had become a major problem for users. Not only was it an exposure point for phishing scams, but viruses as well. Along with just wasting resources on my email server and clients computers. Spamtitan has put a stop to most, if not all of the spam related issues my organization had. It is worth every penny.

Pros

It has greatly reduced the amount of spam getting to my users. I hesitate to put a % to it for fear of being low, but I say 90% of the spam that use to get through is captured now. Not only that, but I can easily blacklist or whitelist specific addresses or domains. Something that was a painful process on my previous spamfilter platform. You can also pull metrics and reports to show how much mail has been processed and how much has been caught.

Cons

The setup process can take some time, but their support staff are very helpful and will get you through it. It is worth the setup pains for the filtering it provides though.

Response from TitanHQ

Replied August 2018

Thank you kindly for your review. I'm delighted you found SpamTitan support staff helpful, I'll pass on the message. When you have time don't forget to look at our web security layer, WebTitan, and our email archiving solution, ArcTitan. Thanks again for taking the time to give us a good review. It's hugely appreciated Kind regards, Dryden Dryden Geary, Marketing Director, TitanHQ

Dan from Procentia, Inc.

Great Product and Easy to Use

SpamTitan has done an excellent job of clearing out the loads of spam we were getting prior to putting the product in place.

Pros

After going through a fairly simple setup, SpamTitan just works. It does a great job of stopping most spam and has a small number of false positives. It is also pretty easy to set up notifications on any blocked emails to ensure that proper capture is occurring. One side feature that I really like is using the web interface to see what emails have been allowed through. Using that information, when a client calls and tells us they sent an email that we didn't get, I can immediately look on SpamTitan to see if the email reached our servers at all. This allows me to very quickly determine if an email that never reached us was blocked on by our servers or prior to reaching us at all.

Cons

If you change a filter in the web interface to return too many records, the site will sometimes hang. I have sent in questions for support once or twice, and I do get a reply very quickly that the staff will address my question, but I often never get a response after that.

Jose from BCITO

Great anti-spam filtering solution

Anti-spam filtering service and online archiving system. Great for security and cloud migrations.

Pros

There are several advantages of using this software. Apart from being an anti-spam filtering solution, it also serves as a temporary archiving service when you need to take your mail servers down for maintenance. You will never lose an e-mail. Great tool to have if planning an e-mail migration to a cloud provider. No more appliances and almost zero configuration apart from relocating your MX records. Highly recommended.

Cons

The customer support is not that great. It always appears that you are dealing with the same person over a chat or report ticketing system. I am not so sure how many engineers are working in support but I always seem to work with the same person. It is really hard to get a remote session with an engineer, most of the time you only receive ticket replies with instructions to be followed and it feels like trial and error. Nevertheless, the software works perfectly so you rarely need to use support. It is for extremely irregular situations that you would contact support.

Hernaldo from RAEF

Great software for a low cost

Pros

In our company we have been using Spamtitan for more than 6 years to deliver mail service to our clients. The default configuration can be somewhat permissive, but is extremely flexible so it can be easily optimized. On the other hand, it allows you to send a summary of spam to end users, who can review filtered emails daily without directly exposing them to malware or viruses

Cons

The cloud version of the service works well but has several configuration limitations that must be maintained by default, so I highly recommend the on-premise version

fernando from concentus

spamtitan

overall positive, support has been great, missing some features to make it a truly polished enterprise/msp/carrier top shelf product.

Pros

1) virtual appliances 2) clusterable 3) support ldap/s 4) user specific CP

Cons

a) does not provide reporting of how many mailboxes each domain is using in a given month - being a multitenant system and we with many clients, we lost this ability to have emailed/automated reports of how many mailboxes are active in a given month under each domain. seems easy to code and would provide value b) really don't like how it handles aliases, treating them as unique 'accounts' c) still has the spamassassin feel, the best of breed from back in the day was postini d) really don't like that your appliance doesn't email us when it can't reach a downstream smtp target. sure we do snmp/wmi/pingdom monitoring for our key clients, but it's niceto have the edge system send an email/snmp trap when it cannot connect to a domain's downstream smtp server. agian, shouldn't be hard to code....

Faburn from Infinity Networks

SpamTitan Cloud Review (after 2 years use)

My company has used the SpamTitan Cloud solution for approximately 2 years without experiencing noticeable technical issues or downtime. I occasionally need to add a white list entry or release emails that are not SPAM. The end users get a daily email to allow them to identify emails caught in their SPAM filter and decide how the application should handle them. The licensing count is not tied to a specific domain which is attractive if you support multiple domains or are an MSP.

Pros

- The application is stable and requires little maintenance. - Support is responsive and knowledgeable - Cost is a good value and pricing structure allows for use with multiple domains to maximize licensing. - New email addresses are automatically learned to ease administration and automate licensing needs. - Good reporting - User self maintenance works well.

Cons

- Not really an issue for me, but there is no mobile admin client. - Web interface seems dated, which is not a concern of mine, but it could turn off some admins.

Jeffrey from Benton Rural Electric Association

Good overall product

Pros

Spamtitan is easy to use and configure if you have ever dealt with setting up any spam filtering service. It is great in particular for an ISP as it supports individual admins per domain, different authentication by domain and also supports domain groups to be able to group domains together and administer them as a group. It is very flexible in configuration and supports a lot of options. It is also as good as the Barracuda spam filters we have used in the past and is significantly cheaper.

Cons

It is not as good as say Google at catching spam. Also, some tweaking needs to be done by contacting support rather than doing it yourself. Support is very responsive though.

Reasons for Switching to SpamTitan

Price was increasing and the appliances did not keep up with the various attacks. Moving to the subscription service did not work for us as an ISP.

Jonathan from 37West Technologies

Great Pservice with a great product!

We have seen reduced amount of phishing emails as well as overall Junk mail. The best part of the product is it takes on a lot of the junk traffic that we would otherwise see hitting our network and email servers and filters it before we receive the emails. Also the ability to still receive email when the email server itself is offline is a big benefit in maintaining business continuity.

Pros

The service as well as the products we use with TitanHQ have been rock solid since we started. We are an MSP so reliability and ease of use followed up by excellent responsive customer service are only magnified by the amount of clients that we use with TitanHQ. Currently we server over 500 individual users and no one has had a complaint. This has been a wonderful partnership so far and we will continue to use the. Right now we currently use ArcTitan and Spamtitan with much success.

Cons

There is not really anything to like about this company or the services they provide.

Anti-Spam Winner

9.5/10.

Pros

My inbox can get pretty busy after a long day of meetings. If I don’t manage to clean them, it can clog up my emails. Once I go through these emails, I notice that majority of it is spam and junk which I don’t personally need. Blocking and moving to my spam folder is time consuming and I could do better things with that time. SpamTitan captured me from the moment I tried it and has never failed me so far. I can now manage my inbox and know that I don’t have to deal with malicious threats.

Cons

Sometimes SpamTitan can send important emails directly to the spam folder. I usually check my spam folder once a week just to make sure I didn’t miss anything. It’s very rare though.Sometimes SpamTitan can send important emails directly to the spam folder. I usually check my spam folder once a week just to make sure I didn’t miss anything. It’s very rare though.

Jake from FISCHER

Works well with O365!

Overall, it took a while to get familiar with the product and understanding all the possibilities that are available to me. I talk with support frequently and I usually get a response pretty quick. Since coming familiar with the product, we've got quiet the setup configured to guarantee a relationship for life. I use it daily and cannot express enough how much headache SpamTitan has saved us from in regards to blocking malicious and virus content from entering into our organization. I'm happy to be a SpamTitan customer and plan to do so for a very long time.

Pros

The ability to create as many Content Filter rules that I need with no limits on what I can or cannot block

Cons

There are often times I need to review or release an email quickly while on the go. I know in a server setup a mobile app may not be possible, but it is a bit of a pain to have to stop, find login info and fiddle through the tabs on a small screen to view what you need in a fast pace environment.

Raymond from Hestronic BV

Good anti spam software and easy to use.

It's good, but it could be better. I do like the regular feature upgrades.

Pros

Overal the software does a good job in stopping spam messages and there are not too many false positives. It's espicially easy to sign outgoing emails with dkim, also if you have multiple domains on your mailserver.

Cons

The software looks a bit outdated, could be more modern. It's possible to authenticate agains an AD server, but I would love it if it would support smtp authentication with local username and password. We have deployed the software on our own hardware. It's logical that it's licensed against a maximum number of users. However, it was crazy expensive if we wanted to add another cluster server, while not serving more users.

Reasons for Switching to SpamTitan

Spamexperts was taken over by Solarwinds. When Solarwinds take over a company, prices go through the roof.

Jeff from CatchMark Technologies

A product that does a great job

Our previous product was not stable and didn't filter out spam as well as we wanted. This tool exceeds out expectations!

Pros

I really like the customization that is available for this product. We have total control over the spam filter environment for all our customers. The environment is stable which is very important to us and our customers. The support staff was great when we were getting our environment configured. They were quick to reply to emails and reach out to assist us as needed. The spam filtering is top-notch and much better than other products we have used.

Cons

It can take some time to learn the environment and get it configured to your needs. That is expected when you have an environment like this that allows you to have total control.

stability, options, and performance

Response from TitanHQ

Replied November 2019

Jeff thanks for the great feedback and I'll pass your support score on to the support team, very important to them. Delighted to hear that our spam filtering is doing the job for you guys. Thanks for taking the time to give us such positive feedback Dryden Geary, TitanHQ

Bud from Mold-Rite Plastic, LLC

Industry: Plastics

Very good spam & virus filtering front end

SpamTitan keeps the bulk of junk mail off out internal mail server, offloads the mail trasmission, and provides a 3rd layer of AV scanning (SpamTitam, Mail server, end point all have different AV software)

Pros

The interface is very responsive and easy to navigate. Installation was easy; regular updates are provides and also install very easily. Very few false positives.

Cons

No facility for custom scoring; mail is either 'good' and passes, or is 'bad' and is rejected. Many spam filtering system have a scoring system so that when particular conditions are met (key words in a subject or msg body, country of origin, time of day, bulk mail status, destination, sending TLD, etc), a cumulative score is created to determine spam status. Would love to have SpamTitan be able to add 'Posible spam' or some such to the subject so the mail server or user filters could pick it up.

William from Scottsdale Website Design

I love SpamTitan

It's been great. Whenever I've needed to contact support they've been fast and really helpful.

Pros

This really solves my spam problem. I've used barracuda in the past but it was too expenisve for a small company like myself. SpamTitan is the perfect solution. Easy to set up and use.

Cons

I wish you had an option where I could resell SpamTitan on a "per user" basis. Then I could sell spam filtering to some of my clients.

Reasons for Choosing SpamTitan

Good value for the price.

Reasons for Switching to SpamTitan

Too expensive. This is a better solution.

Travis from Eagle Beverage, Inc.

Great product, complete lack of support or communication from the company

We were getting 90% spam to our mailboxes before, now its closer to 10%.

Pros

The software is easy to setup, pretty easy to use and navigate. It stopped most of our spam issue (using the SpamTitan Gateway), got rid of quite a bit of sent in viruses (rest caught from Exchange or local clients).

Cons

Reboots and updates sometimes caused the file system to get "corrupted", requiring some cmd line level programs to get it healthy again. Also had issue with how licenses were counted as we only have 35-40 employees but they have multiple email addresses (first.last, fnlast, etc) and it shows up as 150+ people, really wish it was mailbox linked and not address linked. Our biggest issue is not with the software, but with the company. They have stopped answering emails, stopped answering the phones. We have been trying for a month and a half to get support and its radio silence. We still have 18+ months left on our 3 year contract and are already looking for a new product with actual support.

Hector from RD International

Industry: Wholesale

SpamTitan is Good!

Our biggest benefit I must say is that little peace of mind in case our onsite server goes down our emails will still be deliver as soon the server is restored.. even up to 5 days.

Pros

Setup is simple. Don't need much time to understand options or features, Menus and options are easy to navigate and find. When you need support they always answer fast. Is one of those things you setup and just forget about it.

Cons

System slows down quite often, nothing serious enough to regret in my case with only 110 email addresses to handle for reports and quarantine. Quarantine alerts/reports timeframes are too long even for the smallest business... I consider this its biggest flaw! as the shortest timeframe is daily. This should improve with a shorter or a programmable option offered globally and/or in a categorized list selectable by user or groups.

Kerim from Hirslanden AG

Email security

Strong product with a nice future packages. Good Quality of Service and Support. It was a good decision to replace our Barracuda Email Security Gateway with SpamTitan.

Pros

Our business requirements on features and graphical interface performance including the price made for us the decision.

Cons

Some basic Features necessary for Enterprise environment is not given out of the box.

Price and future package

Reasons for Switching to SpamTitan

It was because of features and security requirements and at the end also a price decision.

Jake from HostedBizz

SpamTitan Review

Excellent experience using SpamTitan to protect my 3000~ users from malicious E-mail phishing techniques and Spam.

Pros

Ease of Use and Excellent Customer Support

Cons

Pattern filtering desperately requires simplification. Extremely difficult to implement pattern filters. Syntax.

End of License term.

Luca from 2S-tech Pte. Ltd.

easy to manage, almost no false positives.

I'm very satisfied with this product. We manage several installation on both single mail server and multi mail server configuration. It is very easy to setup and maintain which makes it a perfect software for production environments.

Pros

What I like the most about this software is the fact it is an appliance that can run as a Virtual Machine. It highly simplifies the implementation of the product in any environment or architecture. It is easy to manage any internet domain and all the rules to them related. It supports more mail servers. It makes use of 2 different Anti-Virus to reduce the risk to let Viruses pass the appliance.

Cons

the outlook addin or the way for the user to manage their quarantine is not the easiest. it could be managed in a different way, especially for MS Exchange users.

Harold from A&RT

Love Spamtitan

I manage several different types op mailservers, postfix, hmailserver and MS Exchange. All e-mails in and out are sent through SpamTitan, so it works with all kinds of mailservers. It is really stable and it protects a lot of people.

Pros

I like the value for money. The VM appliance doesn't consume much resources. Spam tagging is good, managing the interface is straightforward and works. The appliance is very very stable. It never crashed in the last 8 years. Updating is straightforward, questions sent to support are answered fast.

Cons

Managing and changing multiple domains could be a bit better. Changing several domains takes a bit of time. Export Import of a central config file would be a good option. When a new kind of spamming hits the market, Spamtitan does take a couple of days to react to that.

Say Goodbye to Spam with SpamTitan

Pros

In this day and age, acquiring an anti-spam software is an absolute necessity and not a luxury. I hate having to keep filtering my email and blocking the scammers out there. It can take a lot of time doing that and it’s better to have a software that can help you with that. I found SpamTitan to be ultimate choice and in dealing with this matters. It’s very straightforward and all it does is eliminates spam, protects you from viruses and fraudulent emails. I can spend more time working on my other tasks instead of filtering the spam. SpamTitan is a great investment.

Cons

I don’t have any problems with this software. It has made my workload so much easier and I don’t have to worry on any threats. I’m thankful for this software.

Juan from Source 1 Solutions

Spamtitan is a Solid Product

Pros

As an msp, integrating new customers into spamtitan is a pretty straightfoward process. There are nice security features like anti spoofing, virus scanning, and the ability to customize spam scores based on specific criteria. The ability to give users access to view and whitelist emails caught by the spam filter is a plus. I’ve worked with countless vendors and i can say without a doubt that the quality, knowledge, and resolution speed of spamtitan support is unmatched.

Cons

Spamtitan is a feature rich product and as such there is a learning curve to it as an administrator. It can be difficult to know exactly what some of the features are doing and the documentation is not as in depth as i would like. One security feature that i would love to see is the ability to open an encrypted zip file since the decryption key is usually given in the message and then once opened spamtitan scans the content for viruses. As of right now we either have to block encrypted zip files or let them through so this is not an ideal situation either way.

Dalton from TW3 Lubbock

SpamTitan for a non-profit

We are a very small nonprofit ministry that has more than one website and multiple email addresses. We were receiving between 75-100 pieces of spam a day when we finally found SpamTitan. You were recommended in a list of possible companies who provide spam protection. We found the sales and technical staff to ALL be congenial and desirous to SOLVE problems quickly. The software was easy to learn, and once it begins catching things, it seems to learn what to look for even better than at the beginning. Also, we asked if there were any ability to get a discount because of the type organization we have and the work we do, and the sales team were very willing to work with us to get the best possible rate. THANKS GUYS - we appreciate ALL you do for 30 60 100 MINISTRIES, INC.

Pros

Ease of use, the high percentage of spam caught the first time!

Cons

It has worked so well over the past year that I have forgotten the amount of time it took to initially set up our account. In reality, initial setup was so easy to do that I cannot say that I have an Cons to refer to.

YANNICK from FIRST GENERAL

Reliable Spam Filtering System

SpamTitan does what it is intended to do. It filters a good portion of Malicious and Spam emails from our systems. Support team are knowledgeable and are able to assist in a timely fashion.

Pros

• Filters/Blocks 90% of Spam • Uses multiple Spam Filtering Technology • Blacklist/Whitelist can be set Globally and per User • Customization Spam Inbox Report • Has a Scan Summary/Performance Report • Web UI loads quickly • Updates are easy and quick to apply within the UI

Cons

• Difficult to improve the filtering technology without creating false positive • Doesn't have a help feature available for each setting • New Spam techniques are difficult to catch immediately • Doesn't have an Artificial Neural Learning Network that learns from identified User/Admin Flagged Spam

Almir from KAICIID

It is our first line barreir against spam & virus

The software is stable and very effective. Support agents are expedited and always willing to help to solve issues in a very effective manner. It is our first line of defense and critical to our organization, as we work mostly on top of emails, and we need to keep it fully functional 24x7.

Pros

We like the spam filtering and the way users can interact to administer their queue.

Cons

Some of the functionalities are difficult to configure and administer. The design of the interface is not intuitive and bit outdated. Perhaps a revamp to make it more intuitive for average administrators (the ones not specialized in security) would help. Documentation should also be reviewed and easily available.

Reasons for Choosing SpamTitan

Because of the reputation and core funcionalities

KRis from Evitso bvba

Industry: Computer Networking

One of the best anti-spam appliances available

Pros

A very good anti-spam filter with a lot of options. Suitable for any mailserver (I use it with a linux-based mailserver, but you can use it with Exchange as well). From time to time upgrades are available. These updates are running smoothly, I never had problems with it. We use spamtitan for 5 years now, we had only one actual problem during this period. That problem was solved quickly by the spamtitan helpdesk.

Cons

As from version 7, they've replace Kaspersky anti-virus gateway by Bitdefender. In my opinion, Kaspersky had a higher virus detection and worked better. There is also an extra free anti-virus gateway "Clamav", but that one I had to disable because of some troubles.

THE PROTECTION YOU NEVER KNEW YOU NEEDED

Pros

I have always been confident with my email management skills and I was comfortable with how everything was. Traffic and spam messages increased as my incoming emails increased. I installed SpamTitan and noticed that unnecessary emails were nowhere to be found. It worked silently in the background. It helped me a lot especially in managing my emails and determining junk mails. It transferred non-important emails to a folder which I can browse on if I have more time.

Cons

The system often crashes when being refreshed, also it seems like “treatment” or putting of emails in “quarantine” needs more updates. I had an important email that was thought to be a spam, good thing I looked.

Josh from Technology Solutions

SpamTitan

I'm happy with it. Support is great when I have any problems.

Pros

I like how it keeps a history so if someone isn't sure if an e-mail is safe, we can check it on the back end for them. It does a good job filtering out the spam.

Cons

I wish we could have the daily digest sent out more then once and we could pick what additional times. Even thought it has a link at the bottom of the daily digest to check your quarantine anytime, a lot of people ignore it. We also here that their previous spam vendor would 2 times a day so. I think that would be a big help since people don't think to check it on their own halfway through the day.

Got great reviews.

It was slooooooooooooooow

David from Gunga

Stop Spam before the user

I have blocked millions of spam email int he last couple of years with spamtitan.

Pros

Has great filter to stop all spam. Has really nice quarantines section and can email users to show them emails that been quarantined . Easy to setup like the option to run it on your own server. Can scale it across servers if you need to. Its easy to setup whitelists and blacklists.

Cons

You can archive your emails but that not really a big con.

Response from TitanHQ

Replied August 2018

David thanks for the great review. When you have time don't forget to look at our web security layer, WebTitan, and our email archiving solution, ArcTitan. Thanks again for taking the time to give us a good review. It's hugely appreciated by the product team Kind regards, Dryden Dryden Geary, Marketing Director, TitanHQ

JOSHUA from JNM Rise Inc

Industry: Machinery

JNM Rise - SpanTitan

Great!

Pros

Owning a small business, much of my time is spent sourcing new jobs by subscribing to online platforms or participating in online group chats. Additionally, I am often upgrading my own or my teams skillsets by undergoing online training. All of the above require that you offer and email and subscribe to services. SpamTitan has been great to filter out those email sources I've identified as spam, and for other emails that would be considered junk - SpamTitan does an absolutely terrific job in filtering out these emails.

Cons

The software was a bit tricky to install and understand how to set parameters for email screening. Once this was sorted out, it became an incredible ease to use and now it is a tool we employ on the regular to keep our email accounts clean of junk.

Jason from Maximovich IT Consulting

Resolved issues and turned out to be a valuable part of my offerings.

Positive with very respectable technical support.

Pros

I count on the protection and support of Spamtitan when it comes to my business and my customers. When it was first used with my hosted mail services, it was during a time when particular crypto-ransomwares were causing significant issues with my customers. Once I switched, problem solved and ironically, it was at that time that only my customers that did not utilize my Spamtitan solution continued to have issues.

Cons

The creation of an Microsoft Outlook Add-in module for Spam management would enhance the solution significantly. It has cost me some business as some of Spamtitan's competitors have this in use.

Ray from Guido's Fresh Marketplace

Excellent Spam software, even better customer support!

Overall, I like the company, I like the support engineers, and they've always been VERY quick to help me resolve any issues I've had, even when not caused by the SpamTitan software, but related issues that were unclear to me where the problem was until resolved.

Pros

Ease of use for our users/employees, for releasing spam emails. Excellent support from company.

Cons

My only request would be that I wish it was a little easier to whitelist banned attachments from a specific email address. You can do it, but it's a bit more complicated than I wish it was. With that said, it works perfectly fine.

Reasons for Switching to SpamTitan

Lack of support, difficulty in getting it to work well, too much spam getting through.

Eric from WRFR

Good and easy anti spam service (online)

To me, Spam Titan has simplified my time managing spam for others. I like simple and easy to manage, and Spam Titan is exactly that.

Pros

I like the ease of use and the simple steps to get up and running. The effectiveness of the filtering is really good. I do not have many if any emails categorized as spam that aren't spam. It takes a week or two for the system to get tuned. All the users are happy with it and that simplifies my life too. The report system is nice and the option to be able to generate or change settings directly from the previous report email is perfect.

Cons

I would have like a way to easily select email in my exchange box and set them as spam.

Domenico from DotForce Srl

Simple, cheap and safe, what more can you expect?

e-mail Secuirty

Pros

Its simplicity makes it a product ready for use and immediate management.

Cons

The graphical interface should be updated with a newer style.