Browse WebTitan Reviews

Nabila from Sime Darby

Industry: Investment Management

Safeguarded my web browser

For several years, WebTitan has supported us with a reliable web filtering tool that has served us well. We're confident that it's blocking and slowing traffic as we've set it up.

Pros

Quite easy to set up, clients were quickly migrated from the old operation, and new clients were quickly onboard ed. The monitoring functions are simpler to set up, and the data is displayed in a far more appealing manner. The ability to stop advertisement domains is part of content filtering; sure, this doesn't capture every ad site, but it's enough to make a difference. The greatest thing is that there is no charge for assistance. Any proposal I've made has received swift feedback and resolutions.

Cons

It's not as easy to install as I thought, but once it's up and running, it's a job well done. The impressive infrastructure, technologies, and support services, as well as the fact that it is cloud-based and has a strong product roadmap. We would not hesitate to suggest them to other businesses. Misclassified pages are also being blocked although they shouldn't be. The website could use some updating and improved organization.

Reasons for Switching to WebTitan

NordVPN is more expensive and too confusing for me.

Hector from Waldos

Excelente

A pesar de los contados casos que tuvimos y que no pudieron ser solventados e incluidos en la solucion de WebTitan, considero que el 99% de las espectativas fueron cumplidas y mejoro mucho la seguridad de navegacion en nuestros equipos clientes. Muy satisfecho.

Pros

He tenido oportunidad de usar el producto WebTitan y en la parte administrativa es excelente, una solucion centralizada y permite aplicar los cambios de inmediato a toda la cadena. Como usuario ha permitido saber que puedo y no puedo hacer con mi navegacion y a donde comunicarme si requiero un permiso extra. Aparte de sus configuraciones de filtrado,s e pueden añadir configuraciones personalizadas que se adapten en este caso a mi compañia.

Cons

La experiencia en general fue buena y satisfactoria, mas sin embargo existian ciertas excepsiones que debido a las naturalesa del negocio y de su infraestructura no podian ser incluidas en esta solucion, hablo de 2 o 3 casos de aproximadamente 2500, pero siendo honestos es complicado que actualmente en el mercado exista algun producto que se adapte al 100% a cualquier negocio justo por esas excepciones en donde para que operara se requeria que nuestra infraestructura fuese rediseñada, por lo que debido a costos, salia mejor vivir con esas excepsiones que modificar la infraestructura.

Reasons for Choosing WebTitan

Ya habiamos tenido anteriormente ese otro producto, pero por razones de costos principalmente y posteriormente la configuracion e implementacion.

Reasons for Switching to WebTitan

Se coloco un modulo nativo en nuestros equipos de comunicaciones centrales.

Michael from Anglo Eastern Ship Management

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Great DNS proxy for the enterprise.

Great product for its price point. Great support and generally enterprise grade solution.

Pros

Site and agent based option allows enterprise to provide workstation web filter within and out of corporate network. Relative simple to deploy in various reporting level to fit all situation. Deploys in hours for the most basic reporting detail.

Cons

User to request matching has gaps without agent on workstation.

Reasons for Choosing WebTitan

Pricing and feature. Cisco is also tested to be too sensitive.

Jesus from Medios Avanzados

Not works as announced

WCCP integration

Pros

The top feature for us was the integration with Cisco ISR. It is really easy to switch on/off webtitan without affecting the user: Just an access list membership in wccp configuration does the trick.

Cons

Integration with AD does not work. Unless you push some agent to the client, the product does not consistently work, neither by static IP nor by any other means.

Response from TitanHQ

Replied August 2018

Hi Jesus, Thanks for your review of WebTitan. I'm disappointed to hear that the solution didn't deliver as it usually does with our other 7,500 customers. Our AD integration works very well when you use our agent - this has been developed further over the last two years. We should try again. I've asked your account manager to reach out. The product will work consistently for you once we get the set up sorted, Kind regards, Dryden Dryden Geary, Marketing Director, TitanHQ dgeary@TitanHQ.com

Mark from Dollar Car Rental

No IT staff - need to still monitor end clients this is for you

All positive - I love that we spoke to real people, no phone tag. They have been nothing but responsive when we installed and created our account. Very positive and I highly recommend them!

Pros

We have used similar products but they kept changing the product and increasing the cost, they would have no customer support and you could not even email them. WebTitan has excellent support and service, they helped us set it up, configure it, and install it. They are super responsive on email their products works for exactly what we want it to do. It was the best solution for us to monitor some end clients without limiting the rest of the network or having something we could not easily access. For us it is the prefect product, something non-IT staff can set up monitor and use daily to limit risks by a completely open internet policy. This was exactly what we needed!

Cons

My only gripe would be that the install for the OTA product is a little tricky to install. Not super hard but an app or something that is easy would have been preferred, so it kind of makes a one man band kind of set up. Of course, we could have installed it on the whole network but that was what we were trying to avoid a complex install that only our network people could really set up and deploy.

Reasons for Choosing WebTitan

WebTitan was the closest product to the Cisco Umbrella product and it allowed a OTA or roaming client protection which was what we were seeking. We did not want our policy application to be restricted by the network rather we wanted the equipment no matter where it was deployed to be enforced. WebTitan does that....

Reasons for Switching to WebTitan

Cost - bad support - can only be purchased via a Cisco reseller. After using WebTitan I know their product is simply better and less expensive.

Frank from GB Collects LLC

Worth the Money.

We have increased productivity. We have been able to see this and track this since installing the software. The [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has also seen this and has recommended the software to several other vendors we have business relationships with.

Pros

We were looking for something to protect users both remote and in the office while also increasing production by blocking time wasting sites. Webtitan is one of several we looked at and it fit what we were looking for. The product was simple to setup and is easy to manage. We have customized alerts for when a user accesses restricted sites and have created keys to allow 1 time use of the site or if we need to white listing a domain is very simple to use. We have all departments from Finance, Customer Service and CEO Executive all with their own security groups and restrictions. Webtitan also restricts access to malicious or suspicious sites which has come in handy a dozen times in the last several months.

Cons

I have encountered zero issues with the software, or support team.

Reasons for Choosing WebTitan

We were happy with Webtitan. The interface is better, the setup was easy as is the ease of use.

Needed something more.

Brad from Young and Laramore

Industry: Graphic Design

Very pleasant experience.

The software is inexpensive compared to competitors, but does not lack in functionality, design, administration, and customer service. The roll-out was simple to both Mac and PC users. The reporting and dashboards are very informative and easy to understand. I am very pleased overall with this product.

Pros

The admin console for this product is simple, informative, and easy to navigate.

Cons

We had issues integrating with our existing endpoint protection software for our Mac users.

Reasons for Choosing WebTitan

WebTitan is a better fit than Cisco Umbrella for us due to cost, ease of use, and is not an overkill of functionality for our business needs.

Cost and ease of use.

Great Spam Filter

In the past 3 months we used it, it's been great! It's greatly minimized spam emails that have gotten through and has really helped with any issues that spam emails can bring.

Pros

It's great at what it does. Once you get all of the settings configured, it becomes very good at blocking spam so that it doesn't come in. By default it's pretty restrictive, but that's been helpful to start. We just lightly loosened it to the settings we needed.

Cons

There's not a way to bulk add email addresses to the list of monitored emails. You have to add them one by one. Support told me that this is a coming feature.

Reasons for Switching to WebTitan

SecureTide just didn't catch spam well. Malicious emails constantly came through. Support told me that it would learn over time, but it never really did in the two years that we used it.

Jill from Bradford-Tioga Head Start

WebTitan Performance

So far so good!

Pros

Recently switched from an appliance system to WebTitan. I love the cloud setup!

Cons

If I had one thing I wish I could do, it would be to copy an existing policy to create a new one. In some instances I want to create a specific policy for a team with only one or two changes from the base policy. Would make it easier than having to recreate the whole thing each time.

Reasons for Choosing WebTitan

Because of the ability to be totally cloud based and cost was also a factor.

Reasons for Switching to WebTitan

After COVID it became very obvious I needed the ability to make changes to filtering without having to go to the office … since during COVID we were not allowed there.

Stan from Spitfire Management

As easy as advertised

It does the job.

Pros

Most certainly the ease of deployment. Just change some DNS and/or DHCP settings and the firewall to use this DNS server instead of the "defaults" and you are started. Then a few checkboxes to decide what to filter.

Cons

The reports are nothing to write home about, and since I do not plan on actively monitoring the DNS requests, the reports would be a nice way to get a weekly summary. Likewise with the "alert emails" -- these rapidly become noise and you have to turn them off.

Reasons for Choosing WebTitan

Cisco is out of our league. WebTitan is the better fit

Michael from Delcora

Industry: Utilities

Delcora Review

My overall experience has been positive. There aren't to many false positive pages being blocked, which I expect there to be some. Allowing websites through the filter is quick enough that I don't get complaints.

Pros

The biggest pro I have is the app for laptops being off-network. I have tried many other products and this is a feature they had, said it works but it never did. I finally found an app that works and it works well. The other pro is many other products I used tried to stuff as many features in as they could, however for-getting the big picture is to filter internet traffic. WebTitan focusses on filtering the internet traffic and thigs seem to be designed around it.

Cons

The one aspect of the software is changing the dns setting in order to recognize user names.

Cost!!

Reasons for Switching to WebTitan

The barracuda filter was a nightmare for me. Maybe in a large org and with someone dedicated to monitor and configure it this would be a good option. Outside the expense the filter was hard to configure , allowing websites through it was a disaster. Most of the time it didn't work. Also, the off-network filter was horrible and didn't work. The support on it was basically we know it doesn't work but advertise that it does.

Henry from Hardwick House School

Positive experience

My overall experience with the software is very positive as with the whole site on one blocking system, but with instant access for staff with their PIN codes, it is a very quick, easy system to use. The main issue being end users keeping their PIN secure, however it is easy to see when the PINs were used and who they are linked too.

Pros

When using tis software in education, it can be difficult with blocks and filters. As an admin, you have to constantly add websites to black and white lists to block and allow a variety of different sites. As well as the usual block all that contain.....you can select individual sites, however with the function of adding a PIN for staff to allow then access to a site for an hour, this takes the workload off myself, but allows the teacher to get on with the task at and not disrupt the teaching of the student.

Cons

With the initial set up of the software, we had some teething problems, but the support staff were very useful in supporting the setup. The layout of the portal itself is a bit "all over the place" and not as logical as I would hope, but after a few clicks and getting use to the interface, you can do everything you need it to do.

Reasons for Choosing WebTitan

Main reasons were price and power of the software to block sites before they even come on site.

Promising, but Still Needs Some Additions

We use it as a content filter, and to help us identify if there seems to be malware on a device. I believe that we have been able to reduce the number of False-Positives from our previous solution, but we end up doing a lot more whitelisting, and I wonder at times if we're catching everything we should be.

Pros

Our primary reason for changing to WebTitan was cost. We had be fairly happy with our previous solution, but they kept driving up the price, forcing us to look elsewhere on our limited budget, and WebTitan was willing to work within our price range. One of the things I have found that I like about WebTitan is in how it displays some reports. Within the web console, it is easy to see if blocks are in a series, or hit and miss throughout the day. It also gives an easy to see overview if the block count is due to a single piece of software trying to "phone home" at a single URL, or if there seems to, instead, be an effort by the user to get to prohibited content via a variety of URLs. Overall, easy to use solution that works off of categories, but still is easy to whitelist or blacklist given domains, etc.

Cons

Two short-comings readily stand out for our needs/desires. 1) There is no "P2P" category. While there are legal and legitimate peer-to-peer websites and software, we want to block such activity, and limit access to such software as much as possible. Without the P2P category, we're left either with an overly restrictive policy blocking all download sites and then whitelisting a lot, or we stick with only blocking "illegal"/hacking/etc, and then blacklisting P2P sites that aren't caught in that as we find them. Neither is ideal. 2) The emailed reports are not nearly as helpful as the web console reports. I cannot seem to get it to show the same list of blocked attempts in the email. I can only get a block count by category along with a unique domain count. But without being able to see the domains along with timestamps, I have to keep going back to the console to decide if action is required or not.

Reasons for Choosing WebTitan

Doing a Google search, WebTitan seemed to be the main competitor to Cisco Umbrella, and claimed much lower pricing. No other solutions stood out as comparable, and WebTitan was, in fact, willing to meet our budgetary restrictions.

Rising costs.

Jason from FCS, Inc

Top Notch DNS Filtering

There was no pressure to purchase the software. The trial started out for a week and one email to rep to see if we could have more time and before we were off the phone it was extended to a month. While headquarters is not located in the USA, have had no issues getting a hold of a live person to talk to. Great company to deal with.

Pros

Documentation is step by step. If it isn't in the documentation calling support quick and easy. Before purchasing the software I used the trial. To test support, called in and told them I was just evaluating the software and had questions. They didn't hesitate to answer any and all questions. Being able to talk to the ones that deal with the software daily and pick their brains was excellent.

Cons

Honestly, nothing to complain about. Switched from another software DNS filtering that didn't work and spent more time troubleshooting, switching to WebTitan was a dream.

Reasons for Choosing WebTitan

While probably less known than the others, the customer service was great. Product super easy to setup. and IT WORKS!!!! The reporting, ease of setup, and various filtering options.

Reasons for Switching to WebTitan

Plain and simple, it didn't work. It would either block sites that shouldn't be blocked or not block at all. Spent more time uninstalling and reinstalling. When it crashed on us, and moved to level two support, it took over 24 hours before hearing anything. End up having to call in to get an update.

Response from TitanHQ

Replied November 2019

Jason thanks a million for your kind WebTitan review and I'm delighted that our DNS filtering has been "Top Notch" for you. Cheers for the shout out for the support team - I'll pass on the good news, they'll be chuffed. Welcome on board! Dryden Geary, TitanHQ

Jason from EEA Software

WebTitan Handles Our Needs Perfectly

Content Filtering, Work Focus

Pros

I was able to deploy on routers for complete coverage of all devices connected to our network. It also had provisions for deploying on Mobile Devices. The price was very competitive considering the number of features we have access to. They also had the ability to white-list which was a key feature that others I've tried struggled with. Their customer service were very friendly and spent a ton of time with me before and after signup to get things implemented and troubleshoot any issues I had.

Cons

I had to setup Active Directory on my server to enable the capability of creating profiles unique to individuals. This is less of a problem with the WebTitan and more with my chosen method of deployment, but it was something I had to do to get full use of the features. Again, not their problem as a single router only sends traffic from one IP with no way to really know much about the client sending it.

Reasons for Choosing WebTitan

Combination of features, method of deployment, ease of administration, cost per user

Reasons for Switching to WebTitan

Cold Turkey was a quick stopgap product while I was searching for a different permanent solution. It also did not have enough features that I was looking for. I had to deploy on individual machines and it was cumbersome to configure for each instance (We have 18 on desktops alone). Not to mention, I don't like installing software I don't have to.

Cody from Stuart-Lippman and Associates

OpenDNS features without the Cisco pricing

I have had nothing but good experiences with WebTitan. This includes support and billing services as well as product functionality.

Pros

We replaces an onsite Barracuda webfilter 410 with the WebTitan service and did not miss a beat.

Cons

What's not to like. No hardware to maintain, simple setup, more than adequate reporting, similar feature list to competitors.

Reasons for Choosing WebTitan

WebTitan was an easy choice after comparing features and pricing.

Reasons for Switching to WebTitan

Retired a physical Barracuda Webfilter 410 after 5 yrs.

Mark from Endalldisease

Some Customer Support Agents Amazing, Some not so Good

Everthing about web titan service and support has been great, except my interactions with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] as noted above.

Pros

I purchased Web Titan to block all thing pornographic from my computer. This your software has done very well! Once blocked, I needed to ensure I couldn't get back into the account, and the only way to do this at the moment is to change the email associated with the account to one that I don't know. So I reached out to your support and asked them to change the email address associated with the account, so I can no longer access it. Technical Support Engineer [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helped me out with this and made my dreams a reality. He did a great job and I'm thankful for that.

Cons

After the initial setup and email change, I needed to blacklist a few more URLs, including facebook, because there are plenty of sexual images on there. I reached out to support to quickly add the URLs, (to avoid wasting time changing the email back and having me do it), and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] responded, and was incredibly rigid and resistant to helping. Basically, he's the kid at recess that tells the teacher on everyone, saying he would reprimant the support agent ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) that made this happen in the first place. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] did an amazing job. It's [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] that should be in trouble, if any, in my opinion. Anyway, account manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] talked to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], calmed him down, and convinced him to blacklist the 5 websites in my account. The job is now done and I'm happy as can be.

Reasons for Switching to WebTitan

Some porn sites weren't blocked on their service, and it would've cost a fortune to customize it.

Syazila from Malaysia Marine & Heavy Engineering

Industry: Oil & Energy

Really excellent in securing internet activity

WebTitan is my fast solutions for securing and shielding my internet connection health and preventing my computer from any attacks from spam and malicious attack.

Pros

I really like that WebTitan is working for me both for my work computer and my personal computer. It help me filtering the internet activities and blocking any suspicious traffic that my computer connect on. The GUI is really easy for a non technical user to implementing it in their system.

Cons

WebTitan support team is really passive and lacks of medium that they offer for us to connecting with them. I can only contacting them by email, and no other medium are available like phone number or live chat are supported. They should improve their support option.

abdul from precision group

Industry: Packaging and Containers

Easy administration of webfiltering

good in web filtering easy to use, users idl time reduced. Webtitan tec Support closure time needs to reduce.

Pros

Management pane is one of the key feature I would say as best part in this product, easy to understand and ease of administration, accuracy on filtering is best,pulling out and drilling down on user's web access report saves lot of my time.cloud based hybrid solution gives us leverage of managing it from any where during this pandemic situation, OTG client helps us to manage users browsing even they are working from home. This is giving us an extra shield on our IT security.easy deployment across our infrastructure.

Cons

More time taking to close Support ticket.support conversation hapends only thru email, no chat or no telephone calls from support team. More time taking to apply new policy to users.

Ease of use and pricing

Reasons for Switching to WebTitan

Traditional web filtering solution.

Effective, Inexpensive, and Relatively Easy to Use.

Reduced spam, reduced viruses. User-controlled management of spam.

Pros

It does a good job of blocking spam and malicious content. The customized emails that can go out to individual users makes management so much easier. The support, when needed, is very good and very responsive; with what seems to be domestic resources to assist.

Cons

The only complaint I have is that there is not a "greylisting" override. Specifically, when a mail is expected, but is the first time being received by a specific email address, you need to wait upwards of 10 minutes (depending on the other party's server settings). I wish there was some sort of queue or override to get around this without disabling the feature.

Brian from Kensington Vanguard

Webtitan Cloud Good For the Cost

Inherited product when starting new position, overall happy with the product and cost is on the low side. Features seem to be better in some of the other offerings we are evaluating, Cisco Umbrella as an example.

Pros

Cloud based management with proxies onsite. Easy to change rules and allow one time access to blocked sites for approved use. Logging is good.

Cons

Remote users, laptops and home users are not protected when off company network. Relying on the proxy servers as dns servers works great when onsite. Has a hard time with Remote Desktop Servers, identifying users... these may be misconfigurations but we have not found an easy way for their WADA to break out RDS users.

Brian from IND Consulting

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

WebTitan is a great product for companies that want very granular control over user web filtering

It fits all of my needs for web filtering across my organization

Pros

I have incredible control over my users' web filtering and great reports that can be automatically generated and delivered. It's fairly easy to use from an administrative perspective and provides great flexibility. I currently have 350 seats over 4 offices with each office having slightly different web filtering needs and I have no problem accomplishing it with WebTitan.

Cons

They don't really put out many software updates. I think the last one was from 9 months ago, now. They do keep up with definitions for categorizing websites, but actual software enhancements do not get pushed out very often.

Very easy to setup. Catches a LOT of spam.

The benefits from this software are in the thousands. About 1000 less emails per day. We block about another 3000+ per day before they even make it to the site. However, we also see that SpamTitan is blocking about 2-3 viruses per week. No matter how much protection you have, it is not enough. Spam Titan helps us with protecting our site from Ransomware/Viruses, and in general waste of time going through all of the banking errors of the United Bank of Africa.

Pros

The amount of spam stopped. It can be configured to work on a SHARED IP hosting with cPanel. I would have to lookup the rule I created, but it helps stop spam emails that originate from the server itself.

Cons

It is not possible to Blacklist TLD's. I have used the local vmWare version, it has a lot more customization settings. That is both good and bad, in that anything you have to adjust takes time, but it gives you better control.

Mike from Omega Network Solutions

Webtitan - works well but hard to troubleshoot

Pros

It seems to work as advertised with very little management of it.

Cons

Troubleshooting through history is very limited. Without setting up a syslog server to send logs to, it only has it's history page to look through. Within this page: - I can only filter by day, but not using a specific time range in that day. - I cannot search by destination using the FQDN, although it gives the field - I cannot filter by Effective Policy - I can filter by user, but due to the setup on the site, much of the user shows up as Anonymous - There is an export feature, from which I can use Excel to do my searches, but it only exports the records visable on that one page. With the amount of endpoints I'm using, that is only about 6 mins worth of logs.

Michael from Lacombe County

Solid product that has the functionality we need to keep the bad stuff out.

Easy to use, yet does a great job in stopping most of the bad stuff through.

Pros

The level of protection against the bad emails that are floating around. The software is easy to use and configure based on what our evolving needs are. Over the years of use, I'm happy we made the switch from the previous software to Spam Titan.

Cons

I found that the factory defaults were perhaps a little too restrictive to begin with, which resulted in some false positives. However, tweaking the threshold values was relatively easy in order to make the false positives disappear and get the emails we wanted to receive.

Muhammad from BCDS

Web Titanic

Pros

Its a great SAAS proxy server. You can allow and block website base on their types. You can whitelist some domain so they never get blocked if they are under blocked category. You can Blacklist some domain so they are always blocked if not included in blocked category. You can add role based user for management. I really like creating and installing Certificate to by pass or allow traffic for specific period of time. It make management so easy. I really like the alert functionality that can notify you if someone tries to access restricted websites

Cons

It doesn't provide any feature to disable addon on browser, so user can bypass it by installing vpn plugin. They doesn't provide any support to integrate Certificate with MSP like Kaseya, so if you have big network, its very difficult to install certificate on each endpoint using conventional way. You cannot add more than one email in notification.

Gregory from ITIP

We used it as our proxy server and it was helpful in looking at useless traffic.

A web proxy is a 'must have' piece of IT infrastructure today.

Pros

Fairly easy to use - the interface is ok and similar to SPAMTitan. We were very satisfied with SPAMTitan and so we also then went with WebTitan. Both products are still being employed today. Because of WebTitan we banned music streaming which was killing Internet bandwidth.

Cons

Not so much a complaint but observation: there has not been any update to the product in a long time. This may in fact be a good thing, but i wonder if also it might be a lack of commitment? The same is true for SPAMTitan.

Lee from Northeast Digestive Health

Simple and Easy to Set up DNS and Web Monitoring Solution

Overall very satisfied. For the price point, I don't think it can be beat.

Pros

Fairly simple setup, easy to use and maintain, effective, and customer service has always been great.

Cons

Sometimes users end up with multiple profiles in WebTitan due to the way roaming laptops work. That's not necessarily WebTitan's fault but it's still annoying.

Reasons for Choosing WebTitan

Better reviews and WebTitan offered a free demo that went really well.

Reasons for Switching to WebTitan

Umbrella is just too expensive with too many bells and whistles. For a small organization, it was overly complicated and cumbersome. We needed something less expensive that would fit our size (about 70 end users).

Michael from PJM

Webtitan

performs well good support

Pros

functionality the cost was reasonable good support

Cons

need to setup local dns proxy management of whitelist doesn't always work as expected

price functionality

Derek from Smith Brothers of Berne, Inc.

Industry: Furniture

Easy to use, works well!

WebTitan has provided us with a stable web filtering platform that has worked well for us for many years. We feel comfortable that it is blocking and restricting as we have configured it to do so.

Pros

WebTitan is fairly easy to setup. It is available as a cloud based solution or on prem. You can get as simple or as complicated with your filtering as you like, it will handle most situations with ease.

Cons

There are still some issues with mis-classified sites being blocked when they should not be. The web interface could be updated a bit and organized a little better.

We have been using WebTitan for 4 years now, it works and the customer support is good

The product helped us filter out dangerous websites and keep our workstations virus free.

Pros

It's easy to install and configure. Administering it is an easy task, as you can generate reports and make change very fast and easy. The customer support team responds very quickly to your service requests and is quite knowledgeable.

Cons

We had a physical problem with our server and we had to reinstall on a new machine. Backups from v4 were not compatible with v5 of the software, so we had to reconfigure the webtitan instace manually from scratch.

Sobek from IRG Ltd

Once set up all is working as it should.

A great web filter. It keeps our network safe from threats. We get blocking done to anything that can cause damage or anything that may be inappropriate.

Pros

Good experience from end to end. The Sales and Engineers went above and beyond to support implementation and set up.

Cons

Not quite as easy to set up as we'd like, but certainly well done once you get it going. The impressive platform, technology, and support services, alongside being Cloud-based and with an excellent roadmap for innovation. We would have no hesitation in recommending to other companies.

Bradley from Seidel Schroeder

Great Product - Easy to implement!

So far, for the price, the software has exceeded our expectations. We have already implemented the remote agents to over 100 machines.

Pros

I love the ability to utilize the remote agent to allow computers to stay under our company's web-filter policy while working remotely.

Cons

The only thing that we dislike so far is the fact that it can sometimes take hours for the policy changes to take effect.

Reasons for Choosing WebTitan

The cost was the biggest factor. WebTitan was able to make a deal that we could not pass up.

Reasons for Switching to WebTitan

We used ESET for our AV/Web filter. When switching to Windows 10 we wanted to utilize Windows Defender for our new AV. That is when we decided to look at an Open DNS application for Web Filtering.

Anthony from Northfield Hospital and Clinics

Excellent easy to use product, top of the pool

Secured public access control to internet, blocking unwanted and in appropriate websites.

Pros

It is a set it and forget it SAAS. Deployed for our guest/visitor internet access. Simply works very well, bad and good sites are categorized quickly and access is secured. All for a very good price. Far less than Cisco. Support and Setup were very responsive.

Cons

NONE, it does exactly what we need it to do. It is not free. We have not deployed all features, so I cannot attest to those.

Response from TitanHQ

Replied August 2018

Anthony, Thank you kindly for your 5 star review of WebTitan. One of the major strengths of WebTitan is in securing public wifi access and blocking unwanted and inappropriate websites on guest wi-fi. I'm delighted you found that to be the case. Thanks again for taking the time to give us a good review. It's hugely appreciated Kind regards, Dryden Dryden Geary, Marketing Director, TitanHQ

David from Foxconcept.be

Appliance on site, we'll celebrate the 74.000.000 message processed in few days...

A clean mailbox each morning, a dailly report with potential false positive, a lot of rules, a lot of settings to avoid spending hours sorting your mail...

Pros

- Great GUI, - a lot of features to earn time and reduce load on mail server, - Excellent feedback from users, - tons of spam removed without any action. - reactive helpdesk - Remote assistance if required (through tunnel SSH)

Cons

No cons about the software, pricing could seems expensive, it's not if you check the dailly time you do not spend ...

Daniel from Smith + Caughey's

Good & cost effective solution to manage & control your WEB internal users access including monitor

WEB filtering & content management

Pros

Easy to administer , setup group and tailor WEB access to our corporate WEB user , do have good reporting tools and some protect ion where our users base can go on the internet.

Cons

This software could benefit if it add option to restrict & control apps that can run on the internal network. This would offer better protection again malware that usually kick of an small application or script to download their malware payload

Todd from Saint Joseph Seminary College

I am liking it a lot better than Umbrella by Cisco, which we were previously using.

It is already saving me a lot of time.

Pros

The simple interface is the best feature. When Cisco bought OpenDNS, they revamped the UI to make it look "modern", but they also made it a lot slower to use and find the info you need. With WebTitan, I am finding that I can log in, quickly look for blocked users, check their individual traffic, and get out in less than 5 minutes. With Umbrella (formerly known as OpenDNS), I just wasn't even bothering to look at traffic because the experience was frustrating. Now with WebTitan, I am finding that I am using it daily again because it is quick and easy to use and doesn't make me feel like I am fighting with the UI.

Cons

The only minor complaint I have so far is that I wish the Reporting tab had an option to consolidate hits by domain name. When I am looking at traffic for a single user, it would be very helpful to just click that and see 1 line per domain that they visited rather than a separate line per hit to that domain. I know I can probably write a macro to do it in the CSV file, but being able to do this in the web UI would be amazing.

Daniel from Helix Computer Systems

Better than I expected.

This is a great product and solution 10/10.

Pros

Very simple setup, migrating clients from the old service was extremely quick and on boarding of new clients is just as quick. The reporting features are easier to configure and the information is presented in a much better format. Content filtering includes the ability to block ad domains, granted this doesn't catch every ad site but enough that it makes a difference. The best part is the free support. Tickets can be opened by a phone call or through a web portal. I've gotten rapid responses and quick resolutions to any request I've made.

Cons

I've really been racking my brain on this one and I can't thing of anything I, my company, or my clients dislike about this solution.

Dalton from 30 60 100 MINISTRIES, INC.

I needed a spam filtering service for our nonprofit's website.

Pros

The software works behind the scenes, allows me to add sites I want blocked, or choose from lists generated daily (as spam comes in), and block them as desired. I also can release or whitelist based upon my desire to see more info from the blocked email.

Cons

Kaspersky has a bad reputation in the USA. I have sent a question to the company about this, but received no response to date. This software uses their tools to do its work. Also, some emails I want to see come through, and then in the reply thread, an email that has passed to me gets blocked as the original sender replies to me. Then I have to look for it, whitelist it, (sometimes even copy / paste that email address in my approved senders list) to ensure the thread to continue.

Scott from RibCrib Corporation

Extremely good blocking of spam, a bit hard to use though.

Pros

Very good blocking of spam messages. Works with any e-mail server setup. Provides extra layer of protection.

Cons

Difficult to use their web interface, as a lot of the parts don't make sense. No simple method to setup multiple users quickly and easily. But once setup, it's pretty much set it and forget it. Also, you lose 99% of control of incoming messages at your e-mail server. Which may or may not be a bad thing.

WebTitan is a good software, easy to use and configure

I think that this is a useful solution. WebTitan gives security and control of the content of the network. It's good that my company cares about cybersecurity and implemented this solution.

Pros

WebTitan is a good solution for filtering websites. Configuration is easy, usage is easy. This product has warning options when the user attempts to access unauthorized websites. In summary, a useful solution in companies.

Cons

This product does not have as frequent updates as we would expect. I think it would be better if there were more frequent updates. I think it's a necessity in this kind of softwares.

Out of the box web filtering solution

Pros

Good real-time reporting HR can can be given a role to maintain blacklists/white-lists/individual user permissions Customization - time of day, categories etc AD integration - reports on the user rather than IP address Great support

Cons

No viable cloud solution yet to report back based on user (just reports on IP address) Trouble implementing or upgrading with a complex internal domain

Paul from Kiley Tech Solutions

Simply works...

The main benefit is having the confidence that the product will perform the needed job without constant attention and/or tinkering.

Pros

Does it's intended functions, Does it very, very well, and requires minimal hands on time from IT staff. Overall, a highly satisfactory product.

Cons

Initial configuration can be a bit time consuming, but that's more due to the nature of the product and function than any deficiency in Web Titan itself.

We have been the Spam Filtering and I must say for the money they product performs well.

Pros

Very easy and intuitive web interface. Very simple to set up an HA pair assuming you have the licensing. Support has been very responsive and is able to correct and explain what occurred remotely.

Cons

If an email is caught it in Spam it's sometimes difficult to troubleshoot the root issue. Would like to see the email header and or body after its released out of quarantine.

keith from MAIN STREET RADIOLOGY

Overall its been good

Filtering users from bad websites and ease of usage

Pros

Its easy to use . Web filtering is easy to turn on and off. User imports are simple too. Customer support is been good.

Cons

The reporting part is not nearly as good as Websense product was. Its not even close. . Also we cannot filter individual users for more than 1 ip address to bypass the filtering which is a big pain point for us.

The software works as advertised. It's easy to configure, and requires very little maintenance.

Pros

I like the simple and easy to use interface. It allows for the users to self regulate their spam emails. The option to get an additional email with the list of blocked emails is great.

Cons

My only complaint about the software is there is no ability to label an email as spam within outlook. This option would allow to reduce the spam email even further.

Miguel from ClicAssure.com

I use the SpamTitan Cloud. I like it! Low price and powerfull anti spam

Stop receiving spam!!

Pros

It's very effective You have a great anti-spam at low cost License by email is great Filter rules is easy to use

Cons

Very hard to find my subscription (expiration) Spam list is slow during daytime Can't block recipient (If you delete a mailbox, but someone continue to send at this mailbox it count for 1 license) UI only in english

Webtitan easy to implement and excellent performance

It is a solution that can be perfectly integrated and it really is very effective for what you are looking for.

Pros

Its easy implementation and excellent administration make this product very effective.

Cons

The truth is there is not much that I dislike, maybe it would work a little more in the interface but it really has a good performance!

Steve from EnerSys

Lovely web access control tool

Pros

Webtitan is a truly powerful and feature rich software. Some of its best features include the ease of setting it up, its ability to filter encrypted connections, the ability to filter specific url their fantastic customer support.

Cons

There's a lack of flexibility with the reporting. Spam pass through occasionally.

Robert from SouthWest Computer Services

SpamTitan has cut-down on spam for me and many of my clients dramatically.

I resell it to my clients

Pros

The interface is very clean and fast, though a bit outdated-looking. The spam digest reports look nice and contain enough info to be very useful.

Cons

The cost is very high. Setting up custom filters is difficult. There should be quicker and easier ways for end-users to block messages from senders that change part of their address every time. Multi-factor authentication would be a plus. Would be nice to configure spam digest timing individually for each domain and possibly multiple digests per day. The Outlook add-in is very user unfriendly to install and configure and there seems to be no notifications of updates.