All Atera Reviews

Used unspecified

Reviewed April 2024

Atera Review: Dont Hesitate To Jump Right In.

Ruth

Automotive, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed November 2023

Atera Is a Helpful and Amazing Tool for Remote Monitoring and Management

Atera gives incredible results to us. I am impressed.

PROS

Since day one, the interface of Atera has been intuitive. I am also impressed by the accuracy and ease of use of the features and interface of Atera.

CONS

Atera gives us accuracy and reliability whenever we use it. I have zero cons regarding it.

Reasons for switching to Atera

I usually find Atera affordable and amazing to use.

Alec

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Amazing RMM and PSA All-In-One!

We were bringing in our help desk internally and not using a MSP. Atera allowed for this to occur with ease! We are now able to manage our endpoints and tickets from our own dashboard. Having multiple different methods for employees to access help, like a KB or even direct chatting, is a huge advantage for us and helped make the transition easier.

PROS

I love the integration of AI within the ticketing and scripting sides. It make everything easier to do and helps you out whenever you forget that one command to make progress. It makes implementation of maintenence scripts easy and makes you want to get in and start taking care of issues! Customer support is easily accessible as well and can help you out with whatever is needed

CONS

There are a lot of menus to navigate. This can make it slower to get around until you are fully familair with the platform. Give it time though, it is well worth it!

Reason for choosing Atera

Ninja is a great RMM and ticketing system but Atera is worlds different. It is so feature rich the learning curve is well worth it.

Sara

Reviewed April 2024

This review won't be positive

PROS

I tried Atera via trial. First of all you have install agent on your primary domain controller, you cannot use another domain client. Scan works only for machines on the same subnet of PDC. Even if you add another network to scan. So i uninstalled the program: the uninstallation does not remove the scheduled task (and the folder). You also have to remove manually namp e pcap. Agent uninstallation does not uninstall the remote access feature. You have to remove it manually.

CONS

you have install agent on your primary domain controller, you cannot use another domain client (if you do so, the scanned devices will remain grey). Agent uninstallation does not uninstall the remote access feature. You have to remove it manually.

Brian

Computer Networking, 2-10 employees

Impressive features.

Very well made product. Has a ton of features. Has allowed our MSP to grow and add more value to customers.

PROS

I like how it is a full feature MSP tool in one software. We can add more value to our customers and provide better service due to atera

CONS

It is on the pricey side especially as we add technicians. The mobile app is glitchy. Tickets don't always display properly.

Reason for choosing Atera

Didn't have as many features and charged per node not user

Reasons for switching to Atera

Logmein was more expensive with less features. Logmein continued to raise the price significantly every year while stripping features

Hi Brian, Thanks for leaving a review for Atera's all-in-one platform! Happy to hear you like the long list of features we offer, and that using Atera has allowed your MSP to grow. Regarding any glitches or display issues, please reach out to our Support team about this. As for our pricing, we have a very unique model to price by technician instead of end-point, which ends up being very cost-effective for our customers.

Brandon

Computer & Network Security, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Great MSP Product

I was doing 14 hour shifts dealing with maintenance and patch management as I couldn't find a tool that functioned for me like I needed it to. With Atera I still put in a few hours here and there, but the automation process went from a 24 hour job, to looking at a report for an hour and making sure everything worked as it should have. If it didn't I recall the automation script and run it again without my need to sit and watch it roll. That is just one major piece of my overall experience. I do know there are plenty of tools out there that do similar, if not the same type of thing, but I was already using specific tools, and products, and Atera has an integration with those tools, so my comfort level was much greater as I already knew how to use most of the offerings. All in all, Atera has been the best product for my company!

PROS

The software is very easy to use, and can replace multiple tools with one location. Very simple to setup, and can automate 90% of tasks.

CONS

If we had a tier for billing/managing that was included in a Tech license that would be great. If I could get my CFO access we would most likely switch to Atera for all our time tracking and billing as well, but justifying the cost for a non-tech person to see anything is a hard pill to swallow.

Reason for choosing Atera

Mainly pricing, but I continue to stay with Atera as they all seem invested in the community, and making a better product.

Reasons for switching to Atera

I needed something with more options, and functionality.

Thank you for the very kind and detailed review, Brandon! You are one of treasured customers, who we can resonate with our automation mindset and smart IT, and drive us to innovate further, and we are thrilled to hear you tell us about the real life time savings that you were able to accomplish. In regards to our pricing tiers, we try to hit the sweet spot beetween offering the best bang for your buck feature-wise, while also following our financial plans, but we are always listening to feedback for potential improvements.

Replied April 2022

Jake

Reviewed October 2020

Recommend to any IT admin or service company

Fantastic!

PROS

Easy to keep track of all customers and their equipment. The alerts is a major plus and the ability to break down certain customers to folders for locations is great. The integration with Splashtop and Teamviewer is a big deal also. Pushing scripts remotely, installing software remotely and the automation of patch management is incredible and invaluable to my job. My favorite thing though has to be the dedication the Atera team shows this product as it is being constantly improved and added to which my previous product did not.

CONS

Honestly I have not dug into every part of the software because I just have no need to use every single feature. The worst thing I would say is probably the file size limitation when moving files via Manage > File Transfer

Reason for choosing Atera

Cost was much lower, the fact you can add as many machines as you want and it doesn't drive the cost up. The fact it's a per technician license instead of per machine, you know the cost up front and it only increases if you add additional things such as backups/work from home etc.

Reasons for switching to Atera

Comodo One was a "free forever" until it wasn't. The product was not worth spending money on because of the horrible interface and lack of improvements and features.

Thank you for the review Jake, and for the nice words! Our team is constantly working on the product, and seeing our customers and partners notice our work, and make good use of our features is what is driving us forward. If you are interested in finding out more about Atera, feel free to use our fresh Atera Academy module, which will showcase features and ways of optimizing your workflow in fun and interactive ways, including quizzes!

Replied February 2021

1 employee

Reviewed June 2023

Great startup PSA and RMM for MSPs

Great, very high uptime and excellent performance

PROS

It has all the features and most the integrations most the competitors have at a slightly lower price. The software evolves faster than competitors so if the feature you need isn’t there it probably will be soon.

CONS

Had to purchase the Splashtop unattended access option for $200 per year

Reason for choosing Atera

Lower initial cost and total cost of ownership

Reasons for switching to Atera

Slow performance across the board and the interface is not intuitive in Automate.

Individual & Family Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Very positive. Customers find making tickets with Atera a lot easier than with previous software. We in IT find it very convenient to have everything in one location.

PROS

Had every feature we needed and even some we didn't know we needed until we started looking around at what Atera offered. Also like that new features keep being added.

CONS

The website can sometimes be slow to respond and require multiple refreshes. Doesn't matter which browser is used or if it's on or off work locations. Also do not like the recent addition of AI. AI is not well understood and has a tendency to go off the rails, so shoehorning it into software that is supposed to be reliable doesn't seem like a good idea.

Reasons for switching to Atera

Better cost and everything we needed was all in one place.

Mike

Law Practice, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Amazing product that is growing and evolving

The product is an amazing value and allows a single or multiple users to act as a larger team. Support is there if you need them.

PROS

The support team and access is amazing, they always have what you need. The shared libraries for scripts and SNMP templates are a huge time saver. (make sure to vet the scripts yourself) The AI features are more than a gimmick and can be a huge time saver if used properly. The developers are listening and adding requested features.

CONS

The inability to add a user to multiple devices is a real headache for me. The time tracking interface is a bit lacking compared to other larger vendors.

Reason for choosing Atera

Great value for the money. Great support staff.

Aaron

Computer Networking, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2019

Great Product!

PROS

I like the price and the features that come with it. Especially the integration with Webroot!

CONS

It is so easy to use that I have a hard time finding the cons. There are some features that I don't use at all, such as the knowledgebase.

Reasons for switching to Atera

Price initially, but I found an amazing product!

Rich

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2019

Highly recommend Atera

Customers are happy that I can quickly and easily remotely connect to their computers and resolve issues. Generating reports for customers is very valuable as it shows what my customers are getting for the price they pay for my services. Having customers simply send an email for support tickets has greatly reduced call volume and made things less stressful.

PROS

Atera is very much interested in what their customers think and request for suggestions or improvements. Atera is affordable because they charge per technician instead of per end point. The Atera interface is fast and not bogged down with so many features that it makes it confusing and time consuming. I really like that the main features of support tickets, Alerts, and Reports are easy to get to and analyze. The support ticket system is quick and easy to use as a technician and it's great that customers just have to send a simple email to create a support ticket. Atera Reports are great to create and send to customers to show what is happening behind the scenes. Remote connection to customers' computers is another feature that works very well. Connecting remotely to my customers' computers is quick and easy. No messing around with codes or having customers download and install extra special software.

CONS

Not much to dislike about Atera. I would like to see the Alerts to be improved upon by making them not alert me every time a computer has a small spike in CPU and/or memory usage as well as temperatures. I would also like to see the Atera website more compatible with the new Microsoft Edge browser that is being released in January of 2020. Currently the support tickets' information details appear as narrow paragraphs. Currently there is no mobile app to get notifications of new support tickets and to access and edit current support tickets.

Reason for choosing Atera

Affordable and easy to use with just the right features I need for my business.

Reasons for switching to Atera

ConnectWise has way too many bells and whistles for what I need and they are too expensive charging per end point. Too complicated to use.

Aziz

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Atera Review

Atera allows us to have a Help Desk system, remote login capabilities, and inventory management all in one.

PROS

The amount of features for the price is hard to compete with.

CONS

The user interface isn't as simple and elegant as other more expensive alternatives. Searching for devices based on serial number still hasn't been implemented.

Reason for choosing Atera

TeamViewer is a much more expensive alternative.

Reasons for switching to Atera

Samanage and Logmein Central were a more expensive alternative. Logmein was also raising prices. Atera was able to replace both products.

Avi

Computer Networking, 2-10 employees

Atera RMM

Overall, my experience with Atera is over 3 years, and I would say, I can't accomplish some stuff without Atera. Atera as RMM makes very easy and convenient solution for MSP

PROS

I like reliability and access to management console everywhere

CONS

When install the helpdesk client , even after registration, after a day its kicks out a a session and asks for user to register again

Reason for choosing Atera

Price play a lot , and capability for a software

Hi Avi, Thanks for the review. Great to hear that you find Atera reliable and accessible from anywhere. If you are having issues with the helpdesk or customer portal, please reach out to support so that we can fix this for you ASAP. Hope Atera continues to be as essential for you as it is now.

Howard

Reviewed November 2020

Great product with improvements rolled out monthly

PROS

Deployment through Group Policy is VERY easy as the installer is a very small MSI.

CONS

Management for non-windows based machines is till not great. Mac OS deployment is very clunky and manual. Linux agent does not yet exist, but is apparently coming. Manually adding SNMP objects is still very clunky. The device layout screen is not customizable and looks like a wall of text. Atera has said these changes are coming, and their follow through this year on promised features vs deployed features is pretty good. So I'm optimistic this will be in place soon.

Reason for choosing Atera

The per-user price point was good, and makes this a much better value than a Pulseway that charges per device. The free month gives you a good opportunity to evaluate it and shows that this product is a good value.

Paolo

Reviewed December 2020

Great value for money

Just one word: great. I arrive in the morning, I go in the global devices seen and I immediately have the day organized. Just seconds. Alarms are in real time nd highly configurable. Thank you.

PROS

Simple, I love the way I can have everything at a look; RMM with small customers is critical for us. The way we can check, manage remotely machines (desktop but also scripts and commands) is all we really need. Integration is good also. And, the live chat is something great. We had Solarwinds RMM for many time. Yes, the product is more comprehensive and granular, but it's really too much for us and the cost is.... well, not sustainable.

CONS

At a first glance the seen is more similar to a videogame than to a professional product, but it's functional enough. It's the worst aspect of this wonderful software, but also the only one not completely convincing. I think that a more functional seen option should have offered to customers.

More user friendly

Too expensive.

Sean

Oil & Energy, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Atera, Dump the other options Pay per technician ONLY instead of paying for having too many devices

It made it possible to support my company during covid, without it there would have been chaos as so many of our users were using their laptops at their desks from their hire date some of them didn't even realize they were using laptops with docking stations and monitors. Atera allowed us to assist without hinderance.

PROS

Our MSSP at the time had encouraged us to try to buy ConnectWise from them the bill was going to be 160k, this is because we have many stable systems and our users change very little across the network so we had 3 techs and 500 computers. Atera charges by the tech and gives you unlimited devices meaning our 160k bill which we Absolutely needed to have was converted to about 8k by changing from Connect-Wise to Atera.

CONS

It forced me to learn to script because I now have the ability to deploy a script remotely on all devices, This is because Atera can reach any device connected to the internet, even when our users are not on our local network. I can still send command prompts or PowerShell commands individually but to really be able to maximize the function I had to learn to put a script into Atera with an MSI upload (since our devices are not always in the local network i am no longer forced to wait till they connect to push out a GP update) to run an install across all 600 of our devices at once. I guess you could say it was a blessing in disguise though.

Reason for choosing Atera

Price Difference by an order of magnitude but with the same features.

Hi Sean, Thanks for taking the time to leave this review for Atera. We are happy that you like our pay-per-tech pricing model, which allows you to scale and have unlimited end-points. It is also great that you have learned to script, although this was probably some work in the beginning: a real "blessing in disguise," as you said.

matthew