All Mention Reviews

Ben

Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed December 2015

Great Product, Great Price!

HomeBridge Financial Services, Inc. is a financial company that wanted a better way to monitor our brand mentions across the web. With Mention, we found an easy to use product that would allow us to monitor our brand across the entire web (not just social sites that limit many other popular products). We're now able to identify and react all types of posts; significantly improving our engagement success. This also helps improve our customer service, by allowing us to quickly respond and alleviate customers that may need assistance. I highly recommend this product to anyone looking to get a hold of their brand reputation. I'll be looking for this review post in my mention feed too :)

PROS

thorough, intuitive, great UI, allows multiple users and triage of assignments, detects all types of websites (not just social sites), good price, great customer service (but I rarely, if ever, need it), has an API and integrates with Zendesk amongst other systems,

CONS

doesn't archive mention data (eg if someone removes a post, the content is lost), doesn't show direct message content

Arheer

Internet, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Best Social Listening Tool

Mention.com is a great platform for businesses and individuals to monitor their brand's online presence and reputation. The tool itself is easy to use and provides a wide range of features. The ability to monitor multiple social media accounts, as well as other online sources, is great.

PROS

1. Great social listening capabilities2. Can track multiple brands at a time3. Customisable filters and alerts are available

CONS

1. Still lacks world-class reporting and UI2. Limited API integration options

Andy

Reviewed July 2018

Metion monitors social media so you don't have to.

Not much that I can't get from others . Over time Mention has lost its luster and is easily replaced by other tools.

PROS

Mention is easy to set up, and provides reporting on what's going on in social media based on what you want it to track.

CONS

Mention is constantly asking me to log in again and validate my accounts with services like LinkedIn. This is troubling as it impacts timely deliver, and is more of an interruption than a benefit. It's like LinkedIn or Facebook don't trust them.

Mike

Marketing and Advertising

Reviewed October 2015

If you can get it in the budget, it's a no brainer

I only used the trial so I don't have a long history with the service. I've been a marketing professional for over 10 years and understand the value of time, knowledge and keeping up with discussions going on about your product and the people associated. I'm impressed with how easy it is to set up and get back to work... you can tweak settings as you start getting results to really hone in on what you're after. There's no point rambling on about Mention, it simply does what you expect it to do in an intuitive way.

PROS

Quick to set up, easy to adjust, friendly and responsive support staff... fast learning curve!

CONS

You get pretty flooded with results in the beginning which can be overwhelming and turn some people off that the service has just thrown a wide catch net over the internet and giving you everything! BUT it's only as good as what you put in... it's up to YOU to get the most out of it, put in the right search terms, the right filters and it's amazing how accurate it can be. The con here is that it might be a good idea in the onboarding phase to ensure people understand this (maybe I missed it).

Thanks a lot for testing Mention and leaving this great review. I appreciate how accurately you describe the challenge of setting up the search correctly with our filters to avoid being flooded with irrelevant results. It's great that you pointed it out, we will work on emphasis this during the on-boarding phase, as you mentioned.

Replied October 2015

Derek

Marketing and Advertising

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed December 2015

One of my favorite apps!

Mention is exactly what I had been searching for. See, google alerts are only so good and they mostly show you articles that make it into the news. But as any good marketer knows, there are many conversations taking place across the web and social media. To use it, you just setup an alert similar to google alerts and then the results are populated with fresh posts/articles/comments/threads about your alert keywords. It will also send you an email with these alerts so you can stay up to date with recent posts. I find it helpful because I have a few different companies and this way I can stay on top of conversations that are happening without spending hours out of my day searching for conversations to join.

PROS

Ease of use. Saves time. Quick setup. Always works. Has filters to remove garbage sites. They improve the software often.

CONS

Would like more alerts for less money.

Mike

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2019

Amazing Media Monitoring With Mention

Any keyword, brand, or name can be monitored easily. The speed and ease of keywords to both track and to block is time saving removing irrelevant spam that can flood you with other apps. Mention is essential to managing and tracking your community. It's the best product of it's kind on the market.

PROS

Accurate results, easy to set up and to use, Mention is easy to connect your social accounts too and it covers all social media from all sources on the Internet. Very easy to use dashboard for both personal and business use.

CONS

There should be more options to display data however Mention seems to be constantly upgrading and developing so I am sure this will be something taken in consideration by them in the future.

Thanks a lot for your review, we really appreciate your support!

Replied May 2019

Arshard

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2019

Get to know your social presence

For a growing business like us it's social media appearance is very important. Further, we also got to have a watch out for our competitors. We need to save time from switching from windows to apps, mention is the solution to all these.

PROS

Mention is the best app when you are concerned about the social appearance of your business. You can get to see how often your brand is spoken of, and the relevant activities of your social media handle. It is very easy to use and affordable. You can also have a watch on your competitors through mention.

CONS

I cannot get any past information in mention. It took me a while to figure it out, you can see data only from when you signed up. There is no major drawback that concerns me.

Lee

Research, 10,000+ employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed August 2015

Mention Does What No Other App Can

If you really want to cover your bases, use Mention to monitor your clients, your competitors, and important keywords. There is no other app that tracks the web more completely. The reporting and stats are great. We export the PDFs to show to clients, and also give clients the spreadsheets that Mention generates, if they want deeper data. Highly recommended.

PROS

Ease of use. Complete coverage.

CONS

PDF reporting should allow me to put my logo on the report.

Thanks a lot for your review. I am glad to hear you like our stats and find the tool easy to use. We currently don't have white-paper versions of our product to have you include your logo on it, but we will discuss it with our team.

Replied October 2015

Ángel Enrique

Research, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2019

If you work with Social Media and brand awarness then you need Mention

I have managed all the brand awarness of the companies I've worked for the easiest way.

PROS

This is a must have tool, you can monitor 24/7 what people is saying about your brand. An excellent tool to attend any brand crisis just in the right time

CONS

Full features may be pretty expensive for small bussiness, still, it worth it

Marius

Reviewed July 2016

This is an app that is just as essential as a bank account is to a business.

This is an essential tool in any business of any size that has an online presence and wants to monitor their digital marketing. The best value is in its "early warning" application to lets you manage your online brand reputation.

PROS

I do not know what magic crawlers or algorithms they use. But it WORKS and it is accurate. Note though that I can not rate their customer support as I have never needed to use it. Yes they are just that good.

CONS

The free version is limited, but still well worth it for a growing business.

1 employee

Reviewed December 2020

A much better replacement for Google Alerts!

Mention is a very efficient tool for PR pros who are in charge of brand reputation and issues management. It is very useful in catching online mentions that can be an issue starter. And being able to see it early on can help avoid turning these issues into a full-blown crisis.

PROS

For quite a long time, I’ve been relying on Google alerts to help me scan the internet for any mentions of my brand. Subscribing to Mention has been one of my company’s best decisions as it gives you more comprehensive results in scouring the internet with brand mentions that can either be good or detrimental to your brand. It has a great and easy to use dashboard. It also has an advanced notification system that delivers quality alerts straight to your inbox. I also like that it can also scan Twitter for brand mentions, leading to a more prominent media article that I always miss in Google alerts.

CONS

It can be a bit laggy at times, but somewhat manageable. You would also need support from their rep during the initial setup to train you on how to use and maximize the app’s full potential.

Darla

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2016

Mentions is Awesome!

I like the way you can limit the amount of feedback by blocking those you know don't belong and adding key words and using key words to block. I've been using this product for about two years. I'm a one person PR shop so it really saves me time in searching for those commenting about our school.

PROS

I get notifications by email about people talking about the school. It covers all social media and all sources on the web. It's really great and easy to use.

CONS

It's pretty pricy for a school but they do have a free option that is what I use. They used to have a larger number of free mentions but now it's only 100 which isn't many. I reach my max by the end of the first week of the month. I wish they had an educational discount.

Reviewed January 2019

The easiest tool to monitor media

PROS

When I started my work 3,5 years ago I tested a lot of media monitoring tools and Mention keep being the best so far. The first thing - it's clear and easy. The second - it lets me reply on Twitter mentions without leaving the app - it saves time. The third - I can see in the right side of the app what's inside the mention so I can see if it worth my attention without leaving the app.

CONS

I don't have any cons in mind. Maybe the fact, that during these 3,5 years I've been using it the app missed some articles that turned out to be quite important.

Ann

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

This reviewer was invited by us to submit an honest review and was entered into a raffle as a thank you.

Reviewed September 2017

Mention is a good overall tool for measuring Share of Voice and tracking visibility.

Good overall look at Share of Voice versus our competition. Affordablility.

PROS

Ease of Use and Affordability. For getting a quick and relatively accurate overall Share of Voice reading, Mention is a solid tool. It is affordable and provides the basic functionality a marketer needs to measure social media and online mentions.

CONS

Granularity in results and being able to track Share of Conversation is limited. Accessing history is limited, as it only tracks from the time you set up a stream search. Limited in key word functionality and Boolean searches until you upgrade and then it gets more expensive.

Reviewed May 2018

Great tool

PROS

I love how Mention scraps the web for mentions, tweets, news, etc. about your company and delivers it daily. I made a lot of personal connections with people who tweeted about us and I would have never known otherwise

CONS

A lot of times there are wrong tweets delivered to my email daily. especially if there's a similarity in names, I'm not sure how it can be fixed though.

Reviewed July 2021

Super timely

Overall I have had a wonderful experience with Mention and it has helped me keep up.

PROS

Keeps up with mentions in a timely manner, has an easy to use dashboard and sends easy to scan detailed reports.

CONS

Design can be a bit more simple with more pops of color. Can give more interesting summary type analytics.

Rebecca

Internet, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2019

Great, easy-to-use brand monitor

PROS

I love being able to see where our business is being mentioned! It's saved me a couple times to be able to respond to posts on Reddit and is a crucial part of our link building strategy now too. Its easy to navigate and filter through all of the sources and keywords you want to monitor.

CONS

It's a pretty straight forward tool! There's nothing I don't like. I use the basic subscription which has limited features, but I know I can upgrade for more.

Kate

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Brand mention monitoring on autopilot.

Smooth, powerful and helpful.

PROS

We use mention to send Slack messages whenever someone mentions our brand or website online. This effortless way of keeping tabs on who we should say thank you to, or to monitor the success and activity of marketing campaigns really helps us stay on top of things.

CONS

Can't think of anything negative to say! If you want more powerful options, you do have to pay but even the free options are super helpful.

Dave

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2017

Easy to use media monitoring software

I've used Mention off and on for a couple of years and just recently upgraded from the entry level package to one of the paid plans. It is easy and intuitive to use and customer support has been great. Start with the free plan and upgrade when you need to :)

PROS

Easy and intuitive

CONS

Pricing plans step up rapidly depedning on features