What are Envoy users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Envoy software through verified user reviews

• icon"Easy to use, easy to learn, and does what it needs too perfectly."
  • icon"The ease of use and the ability to go back through the records and search for individuals that have entered campus."
  • icon"It does everything for you, not much to do but greet your customers when they arrive. We were able to save money by not having to rehire a receptionist to greet customers and visitors."
  • icon"The printer and Ipad are constantly going off line at one of our locations. Not sure what the problem is with that feature."
  • icon"It can be costly as you go up, but what can i say, it's worth it. There is no a real con that i can complain about."
  • icon"Limited to just visitors and guests. The software itself, and the ipad integration, seems as though it could be used for a number of other things."

Browse all Envoy Reviews

• Have you used Envoy and would like to share your experience with others?

Neil

Envoy is the best solution for managing visitors on multiple floors and managing package delivery.

It really is a simple solution for front desk communication, it cuts down on the panic when a VIP arrives and you need to locate their contact. Staff really appreciate getting the instant message with a photo of the visitor. Signing in is as easy as 123, first name and last name and an e-mail. Also responding to a notification is literally a one-click deal. It really cuts down on the build up of packages at front desk. It is simple and it is a great tool for the front of house operations.

Pros

Having tried out various solutions over the past 5 years. It is obvious that Envoy is the best solution for managing visitors on multiple floors and managing packages. It is convenient to set up the iPad app, users appreciate getting notifications when Interview candidates arrive at the front desk, they can get a notification message by E-mail or Text message and Slack instant message. Also when packages arrive for employees, they also get a photo of the package label sent to them, this is great for locating priority packages, once collected the user just clicks on a button to mark it as picked up.

Cons

Our location uses Apple iOS iPad minis with 8 inch screens, the app is certainly a stable build for iOS devices. However the few brief moments when I decided to use Envoy on a Android smart phone I did experience several crashes. That was annoying but I believe these bugs may have been addressed in a more recent build. For now we decided to only use the iPads as they seem to do the trick.

Brett

Saves time for receptionist, increases security, add professionalism

Envoy has become an integral part of our environment. With connections to Active Directory, Teams, and OneDrive we have streamlined the visitor notification and NDA process. We are able to pre-register visitors to speed up their check-in time using the Outlook add-in. Using the Deliveries feature saves our receptionist and mail room additional time, while letting employees know immediately when something arrives for them. In addition to the portal record of all visitors, along with their picture, the Teams notifications give our employees a record of their visitors to refer back to when needed. It's also helpful now that all visitors have a badge to be able to glance down at it if you forget their name ;-).

Pros

Envoy is very well designed for corporate environments. Our initial goal was simply a system that allows us to record and badge all visitors primarily for security reasons. We chose Envoy for the ability to notify users of visitors using email/Skype/Teams, which saves our receptionist time trying to track people down, and the ability to ask visitors to digitally sign an NDA.

Cons

The integration was not difficult for our IT team, and the features and integrations have expanded significantly since we started using it in 2017. My only gripe would be the annual premium subscription and label rolls are a bit pricey for an organization of our size, but it is not excessive compared to other options.

Reasons for choosing Envoy

Range of features, simplified pricing, feedback from industry contacts.

Farid

Unable to register

Very disappointing. I wish my company used a different app.

Pros

I have not had a chance to use it. I've been trying to get registered for a couple of hours already.

Cons

Unable to register. The mobile app started with Let's Get Started, regardless of whether one is already registered or not. Next is enter email. It takes 90 seconds to come back with something (on a fast phone). Then email was found. I scan the code and I am in. But, the very first time I tried to log in, my company had not connected me with the app. Virtually the same log in process led me to create my own (personal) account, which I was not intending to do. Then when my company did add me to Envoy, now it seems my email exists in two Envoy accounts. When I log in now, I see some information (like company logo and full name) displayed, but it also seems to be my personal account that I had created. I am assuming the logo and full company name would come from my company domain the Envoy has on file. But I know it's my personal account, as there are no resources available, like no rooms etc. Ok. How do I delete the account? I go through the (confusing) set of menus (my profile, then drop down for company, then manage accounts. In there I see my name (and email), select, and delete. It takes me to the Let's Get Started page. When I "log in" again, the same thing happens. Ok. Let's try their support, right? Not available, as it is Saturday. Everybody in the company must be taking weekends off, there is no support. I must wait for Monday. But Monday is exactly what I am trying to reserve at the office, as the company policy is to use Envoy to be able to work at the office.

admin and user friendly

Envoy is a great tool to add to your business. Especially, during covid19 protocol, the contactless or minimum contact is key for visitors and employees of the company to get notified. It is customizable where you can add in covid19 standard questions and it tracks just the right visitors info. I would recommend other companies to add Envoy for managing visitors on multiple floors and managing package delivery!

Pros

What I like the most is that is contactless when using the app on your phone. The kiosk is accessible and convenient when there are one or more tenants in the building. The notifications are fast and efficient

Cons

the least about Envoy is that is not compatible with all mobile devices. It is great for apple user, but not so much for Android.

Reasons for switching to Envoy

for being the best solution for managing visitors on multiple floors and the admin user friendly features.

Nels

Industry: Printing

Great Visitor Management System

Pros

This product is very easy to integrate to an organization; the active directory synchronization keeps employee list accurate and is easy to set up. The entire visitor presentation experience is completely customizable to your organization's needs. Customer service/support is within minutes, connecting to a real person in a chat window and issues or improvement ideas are actually taken into account, and used for future releases....amazing have had two improvement ideas taken and incorporated into now current features.

Cons

Not much to dislike about this software; it does what it is designed to do, and does it very well.

Reasons for switching to Envoy

Cost, intrusiveness of previous product and simplicity/ease.

dolores

Industry: Medical Devices

Envoy- Safety for our Associates and Visitors

Pros

Health Check - Regardless of vaccinations, COVID-19 is continuing to stay with variants and spikes throughout the states and countries. The safety of our Associates and visitors is important. We have an onsite RN who has been providing service since March of 2020 and he truly appreciates Envoy. By including Envoy into our daily routine, we've been able to ease the mind of associates and visitors. The program is easy to learn/use and the best part is "the Bot" and if the "bot" doesn't answer the question, we are immediately directed to a "live" person. This is definitely huge. There are many other safety or security programs that take 24-48 hours to respond. Kiosk Multi language is a great success and we hope to see more languages, i.e. Vietnamese, etc.

Cons

Side bar, when we view Protect and want to verify "employees expected" it jumps to Visitors. That has been the most confusing to many Executives , Managers, etc. Dashboard "Employee Registration" tab should only be available for viewing to Global Access Administrators and No one else! Settings is under Visitor tab and Settings should be on it's own tab.

Reasons for choosing Envoy

Envoy Protect! the Health Check, Analytics was exactly what we were looking for during COVID-19.

Christine

Industry: Defense & Space

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Easy to set up, easy to use.

No more trying to find information in papers/binders. Saves room by archiving on cloud-based records rather than binders. Gives a better/updated impression of our company.

Pros

Very straight forward to set up and user-friendly.

Cons

Haven't found any yet - been using it for almost a year (less the closed office of the last couple of months due to COVID). But have had nothing but positive feedback from users and even implemented in another office of ours, after they tried it here.

Reasons for choosing Envoy

Had better options and looked to be more clear and user friendly

Josemaria

Our visitors are very impressed!

Your visitors will love using the iPad app to register (much impressive than the usual pen/paper, or receptionist doing all the typing). Notifications are very useful to let you know when a visitor has arrived. Pre-registration sends them an email which can be customized to include map directions, SOP's in the office, etc. All logs are easily downloadable for numbers and data analytics (This is good for office planning).

Pros

The iPad app is very user-friendly. Just a few taps, and we get to capture important visitor info (including photo). It gives the front desk a wow factor. The notifications is the feature most appreciated by our company, since they get notified in real time via email/sms/slack upon visitor registration of their guests. The pre-registration of visitors makes the visitor experience more pleasant. They receive an email/calendar invite about their appointment (which is customizable). Envoy also provides basic analytics dashboard to quickly view how many visitors there are/have been, and which persons/places are most visited. The visitor log is easy to extract as .csv for further data analytics.

Cons

There is no provision to use Android devices instead of an iPad. Currently, it's not possible to select multiple hosts (persons to visit/destination).

Clarwin

The best visitor registration system we've implemented, adds a 'wow factor' to our visitors/guests.

Wow-factor for our guests/visitors! Ease of processing visitors for our receptionists/security, and instant notifications to the hosts. We are able to digitize and automate our visitor registration workflow. The notifications are great (e.g., thru e-mail, sms, slack). The iPad user interface is user-friendly and customizable. We also get to extract all the data and the built-in dashboard also has some visual analytics for easy reference. The customer support is fast and the staff is friendly to deal with.

Pros

Cons

We just have one feature request to have the mobile and email details of the employees be hidden from view of the Receptionist (since our receptionists/security team is outsourced). This is not possible, but they said it may be considered for future developments.

Industry: Packaging and Containers

May 2022

Premium product, premium price

Customer service didn't seem to be aware of pricing

Pros

Everything - It has a great user interface with great features. I especially like the design options and slide show background.

Cons

Cost - This is a premium product which is well designed and easy to use. Cost is unfortunately also a premium.

I didn't choose Envoy

Emil

best out of two Visitor Management Systems that we used on trial basis for 30 days

We did not know about ENVOY when we laid off our receptionist, but I'm very glad that I found ENVOY a few months later, because - despite the fact that NOTHING is as good as a well trained human being at the front end of a customer visit - ENVOY makes the very best of the situation.

Pros

Ease of use , for both Users and System Administrators. ENVOY is superior to Traction Guest, the other system that we used on trial.

Cons

Integration could be easier to select, setup, implement and use. It might be because of the nature of the product, but of all the aspects of the User Interface on ENVOY, Integration is a problem for us. Our IT department continually asks me for assistance, and I'm not the IT expert. They ask me because I'm the closest to ENVOY, so I understand why they ask me, but this part of your UI needs improvement. If I knew exactly what to improve, I would write it here, but I'm not sure what it needs to make it as good as the rest of ENVOY.

Reasons for choosing Envoy

Ease of use, and finally, ENVOY matched the lower price that Traction Guest offered us. If it were not for the reduction in price of the ENTERPRISE system, we would still be using Traction Guest, because the price was that far apart.

Christy

Like the software but am disappointed in the Customer Service after purchase

In the sales process, we were told it took 2 hours to set up. It took much longer than that. Now that I have worked with it, it might take me 2 hours. The set up time should be qualified - 2 hours for advanced techies, longer for beginners. It gave us inaccurate expectations about setup. Once we went live, we had 2 weeks were the system worked great. Of course there was training to communicate to staff what to expect and how to update their notifications. One big selling point for us was phone notifications. We have about 4 hotlines that ring on multiple extensions. Very important for a quick response to the visitor in the lobby since we don't have a receptionist. Phone notifications stopped working after 2 weeks. It took 7 weeks for Twilio and our phone expert to figure out the issue - which was a software issue. For weeks we were brushed off that the software was working correctly and it was our phone system issue. I do like the software but have been disappointed in customer service post purchase.

Pros

I like the notification choices available for each user, the photos and the badge printing.

Cons

I would love to have three of our workflows that can be programmed to call a specific number without entering the name of the department. Ex. Member Services visitor has to type in Member Services after selecting Member Services. For a particular staff, I see the advantage to typing in a name for a number. But we have 3 workflows that go to a specific Department. I would like to have the access to note that listing ones email when signing in is optional. That has been a stopper for some of our visitors. Other questions I added I had access to list as optional. It is not intuitive to some visitors that they have to select the name for the system to recognize it. Might be nice to somehow direct them to the process. Is it possible to have a Chat to help people that are not techy - for the offices that do not have a receptionist in the lobby?

Reasons for choosing Envoy

I like the features in Envoy and our initial sales rep was outstanding, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. We had excellent response from the team during the pre-sales stage which pointed us to Envoy. After I recommended Envoy and we were in the final sales process, our IT Exec told my VP that he visited a vendor that used Envoy and he liked it. That was a confirmation for me! Post sales the customer service fell slightly. I did contact the Help Desk quite a bit during the setup. They did respond and helped me. I don't know how you track in your CS department questions but I was corrected for opening a new email to hi@envoy with another question. If I am to use one email string, how about giving me a company number that I put all emails are together?

Alvaro

Visitors are Wow'ed

Pros

I must say, that for a small business / office, we have wowed clients and visitors from multi-nationals whenever they arrive at the receptionist area and sign-in via the iPad terminal using Envoy. Back track a little, one of my favorites features is the ability to pre-register your visitors. This, depends on the setup of your IT, sends an email and calendar invite to your visitor. This email can include map to the office, some reminders (like dress code, parking), and this makes their sign-in a breeze upon arrival at the reception, they just say their names, and they're in the fast lane. Analytics. Yes, I'm a fan of numbers and figures, and Envoy gives us a quick data analytics dashboard to see how many visitors came per month/year, who has the most visitors, deliveries, etc. The data helps our planning for Building management (e.g., add new Envoy terminal, extend the security/reception area, promote pre-registration). It's just a beauty to use. And accessible via web from anywhere, and via a mobile app (passport as well).

Cons

If your office has multiple entrance/exit points, note that Envoy will treat it as having multiple locations, hence additional payment. Well, technically it's just the same office. But you can just create a sign-in field to indicate which entrance/exit they are in (just so you get to distinguish it when crunching the visitor data).

Estela

As a long time receptionist I find this software to be an invaluable time saver.

The stress of having multiple visitors, delivery vendors, ringing telephones and employees at reception with questions all at the same time was lessened, it didn't disappear; it just took one thing off the multi-tasking plate required to do the job well. I was able to quickly see at a glance what visitors were in the building. Following up with employees to collect their visitors was easier.

Pros

Having been a Corporate Receptionist at other companies I have found this product to make the task of registering visitors unbelievably helpful. Visitors enter their own name into a system which then prints the badge and automatically notifies the employees. No more complaints about having misspelled a name or not notified an employee. We also use the photo function which makes it very easy for our employees to identify their visitor when collecting them from reception. Our clients are also impressed with our high tech sign in process.

Cons

The software itself leaves little to be desired. It has been well thought out. Our issues have been with employees not receiving the notification emails in their inbox. The junk filter on email software will place the email in junk or spam folder. Clearly explaining this issue to employees would save some frustration.

Tony

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Leader in Visitor Management Solutions

Overall, Envoy Visitors is the leader in visitor management if pricing isn’t an issue.

Pros

Quality software with a ton of features. Beautiful GUI. Easy to setup and use. Envoy offers other software as well that is easily integrated with Envoy Visitors.

Cons

Pricing. Other options are available at a more affordable price for small businesses.

Joan

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Working onsite using Envoy

Envoy Protect is just great.

Pros

We first started using Envoy to log visitors and vendors. It created a badge and worked really well. Then Covid happened. Envoy developed something called Protect. Now Employees as well as visitors and vendors are recorded in Envoy. Employees can use an app on their phone to answer health questions and secure a spot at work and the visitors and vendors are entered manually. The only drawback is that our touchless temperature taking screen cannot sync up with Envoy. That would have been perfect.

Cons

As I said in the above section, I wish that it could sync up with my touchless temperature taking screen. Also, with Protect I'd like a little box next to each name that I could check once the person has their temperature taken - being able to record that in Envoy would be great.

Reasons for choosing Envoy

My boss suggested it. And it turned out to be a wise decision.

Reasons for switching to Envoy

we wanted something better that paper and having to store it. Plus, why kill trees just to record people coming into a building?

Emily

Never Miss a Guest w/Evvoy

Love it! It's like having your front desk on autopilot!

Pros

Envoy is incredibly useful for being alerted when someone arrives. We use it in the office at an unattended front desk. The interface is obvious, easy to use, no wondering what to do next. I also like that it takes a photo of the guest and prints a badge all before the visitor engages with the person they are here to meet. It required wifi and electricity, but other than that it's compact, standard tablet size, and reliable. I've never had a breakdown. Envoy pings the person waiting on the visitor automatically when they sign in to Envoy through our chat client. No need to physically go and get the person. Envoy allows for multiple people to be on an alert in case it's multiple people in the meeting or if you need someone to act as a backup in case something's come up with the person they are here to meet.

Cons

Sometimes the height of the Envoy is lower than the person making for difficulty with taking the photo. We ordered a stand but it was flimsy and we had to return it.

Gary

Danfoss MKE

Seems to run smoothly

Pros

The history log data as well as guest/visitor sign in. A lot of visitors are WOW'd about the Envoy.

Cons

None so far. I do have an idea if your software already does this , please disregard. We can invite visitors prior to there arrival thru the Envoy system. As a Sr. Maintenance/Facilities associate i have to be sure contractors/vendors view our safety documentation for Danfoss before entering our facility. Is there an all inclusive type Invite that we can tailor to my needs? The COD is covered while they are signing in as well as COVID related items. If its a new contractor/visitor they must review the Danfoss safety on the shop floor as well as our Env. policy. I need to keep documentation that they have reviewed this for audit purposes. We have this in a power point format that they review when there on site, I would like to send like I stated prior an all inclusive invite . Thank you, Gary Oldenburg

Reasons for choosing Envoy

Electronic sign in for visitors

Response from Envoy

Thank you for your review Gary! Great news - we recently released a feature that allows you to fully customize your invitations. Your Customer Success Manager will be reaching out shortly to walk you through these new exciting features. Thanks for being an Envoy customer!

Replied May 2021

Greg

SentriLock's Visitor Software

We really like the product. We have not used some of the advanced features but may do so in the future.

Pros

We are a technology company in the real estate sector. Prior to Envy, we just used a sign in sheet and badge for visitors signing in. Not very impressive or safe (and this was before COVID). We now have a sign in system that better represents us as a technology company, is easy for visitors to use and for us to track who has visited our office each day.

Cons

We don't have any major issues with your product -it has been very dependable and even if we do not have a person at our front desk, visitors can use it without direction. Maybe have a way to send us paper badge rolls periodically based on our usage so we don't run out and have to rush an order.

Reasons for choosing Envoy

I couldn't remember the names of the other 2 companies that we considered. Your pricing was competitive but I think your customer service team won the deal with their quick responses to my questions and their follow up.

Adrianna

Envoy Visitors rocks!

We use this to sign in candidates who interview with our company. It is an easy effective way to alert us of someone coming onsite. We also upload our NDA and they are able to sign it easily. We use it for people to come in for meetings as well.

Pros

This product is very easy to use. There are a few functions that make it particularly useful for my job. I am able to add it directly to invitations and I also add people in daily. I have never had any complaints about the product. That is saying something!

Cons

I can see how COVID-19 would affect this product and the use of it. I know you are in development with some new software, so it will be interesting to see the new integrations and updates when we return to the office. One option to expand is in regards to the notifications settings. It would be great to have the interviewer AND the coordinator informed when a candidate is onsite. This would alleviate us needing to notify them that someone arrived. If this is a current feature, I am unaware of how to use it in this way.

Geoff

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Envoy Visitors helped our entry process

Our kiosk is set up on an iPad in the vestibule before a locked door. This allows us to track our visitors on when then are here, and prevents the random folks just milling around our front entrance area until someone notices who they are and what they are doing here. If we do happen to get a vendor or someone who happened to bypass the kiosk (due to them walking in the building with an employee), I can easily add them to our visitor log via the kiosk, the app, or the Envoy Dashboard on the website. I know we aren't rating Protect that they released during COVID, but that is an absolute blessing to have during these times of limited office capacity and higher security/safety.

Pros

I like the ability for guests to be able to enter their info (or even scan a QR code) to enter our location. It also connects to me via the app, Microsoft Teams, and the Envoy Dashboard website where I get alerts if there is a delivery or visitor to let in the door.

Cons

We don't use the printer or badges feature, but glad to know there is integration there if we wanted to step up the entrance/security level. The main "problem" is that we don't use the app to its full potential, but the parts we don't use are not necessary for our business.

Best Visitor Management Tool

This tool has been a welcome blessing to our organization. Our reception team loves it, our employees love it, and visitors always complement on how great the tool is.

Pros

I love that this tool allows everyone to be in the loop on when visitors have checked in. Whether you use the app, get emails, or other ways of notifications, you'll also be in the loop on when someone is there to see you. It also allows you to keep track of everyone onsite. From a security perspective, everyone is badged, and we know how visitors are by seeing the badge. It allows us to push out information meeting (e.g. WIFI, a map, other pertinent info) before a visitor even steps on site.

Cons

There's not much I dislike about the software. If I had to pick one thing it's that there's not enough security integrations with vendors at this time. They are slowly working on that though, so it should become less of an issue in the future.

Response from Envoy

Thank you for your review, Michael! We are definitely working on our security integrations. If you're interested in following our progress, check out our integrations page here: https://envoy.com/integrations

Replied December 2019

Anthony

Instrumental in our Return to Office Strategy

Overall, we've been able to streamline our visitor experience which now includes our own employees. We truly would not have been able to return to our offices as quickly as we did if it wasn't for this product.

Pros

The employee experience is great. Our employees use the Envoy mobile app to complete their health survey in order to work in our offices through the Envoy Protect product, which is built into Visitors. The core Visitors functionality and Packages functionality is second to none. We have five offices across the country and would not be able to handle our influx of visitors without this product.

Cons

We realize that the Envoy Protect feature is fairly new, but there is a bit of a steep learning curve in order to use the product in a robust way. There are also limitations with the core Visitors product, but they are in no way a hinderance in using the tool successfully within our organization.

Ashley

August 2016

Envoy is the best thing I ever did for my front desk!

From the minute I expressed interest in the Envoy system, their customer support was on top of it answering every question I had with as well as being transparent about the capabilities of the system. I work in a residence hall on a college campus and we use Envoy to track our visitors- a huge safety concern and Envoy makes that easier for us.

Pros

I love the Dashboard. Super user friendly, the search feature is awesome, and I love that it uses an iPad for sign-ins rather than the staff doing the sign-in manually. The text feature works well for our students.

Cons

There are a few guest policy restrictions that we have currently that are a little difficult to manage with Envoy so it does rely on our staff to be very conscientious (such as, host residents are only able to sign in one guest at time but the Envoy system does not yet prevent a host resident from doing that. The Envoy team is working on it and we are hoping to have that in place soon!)

Kaye

Fantastic app and service

Pros

The ease of the overall design and user interface (UI). Also, the nifty features and add-ons you can add to make it specific to your needs. I get tons of compliments from our guests about how great it is to use, and often give out Envoy's contact information so they can set it up for themselves at their own company. The customer service is top-notch as well. They are always happy to give a helping hand whenever something 'seems' to go wrong - even if it is user error (and they don't make you feel bad about it, either). On the whole, I enjoy working with Envoy, and love the software. Keep up the good work.

Cons

The only thing that I can say that I don't like is that you can't put the email as optional on the iPad - meaning having the word (optional) next to the email bar. This always confuses first-time customers, so it would be great if that were something we could do. I already have it set as not a required field, but the word (optional) would be extremely helpful.

Envoy