• Pros

• "- super easy to use - easy download and set up "

• "We use this in our quarterly meetings and everyone in attendance can respond to the questions being asked. It's nice to see where we stand with everyone's input while we are at the meeting."

• "We have used several times for conferences and events. It worked as expected and was pretty easy to use. Customer service, when needed, was very good."

• Cons

• "There weren't alot of things I didn't like about it, the free version probably has some limitations but overall the tool is very versatile."

• "Not truly any cons I can think of off the top of my head...there customer service is not perfect, but I have always come to the answer I need. "

• "- the link names are long so hard to get set up the first time"

Browse Poll Everywhere Reviews

Sadie from University of Arizona, Eller College of Management

Poll Everywhere Review

I have utilized this software in my work life when doing presentations with college students. It was a great way to engage the audience and allowed for better presentations and engagement from students! We saw an increase in participation during our presentations after utilizing the software. I would recommend the software for anyone who wants an easy to use polling software!

Pros

Poll Everywhere is great because it is so easy, quick, and efficient. It is a great technology for multiple purposes, such as classrooms, presentations, or events. It makes asking questions fun, engaging, and simple!

Cons

There is nothing negative about this software. It is very easy to use that anyone can pick it up and implement it for their needs. The technology is simple but effective and the interface is very appealing!

Comprehensive instant audience response tool

We use PollEverywhere in many adult teaching and training sessions to increase active engagement in the audience. We train our teachers and trainers to use it and, as non-experts, they find it is simple to get on board with and find it really works to break up long sessions and give audiences a simple and effective means of instant interaction.

Pros

PollEverywhere is a fantastic tool for injecting engagement into any presentation or teaching session. It is an easy-to-use interface and has a variety of question types to cater for many forms of response, including image-based ones. The fact that it has free-text responses enables a rich response gathering from audiences and display to the audience. The new points-based quiz feature and the home-work feature are welcome to helo expand its application to a wide range of uses. The fact that it has a free plan is extremely helpful in the not-for-profit sector.

Cons

Many users would like seamless integration into PowerPoint and Keynote but this is only possible through installing software on the machine and this is not possible for our users at an institutional set-up. It would be good if a workaround was offered that didn't depend on installing local software client. Also, the paid-for plans are relatively expensive, certainly prohibitively so for smaller groups and not-for-profit.

Great for polling large audiences, but lacks an intuitive design.

Pros

The price is the biggest pro in our mind. The software package is inexpensive to begin with, and they allow for organization-wide use under one account, so everyone can have their own username profile. Beyond the price, the ability to allow respondents to text in their poll choices is really fantastic. Users don't need anything other than a web-enabled device or cell phone to take part in the polls. This makes it very easy to get responses from an audience that may be a mix of novice and experienced tech users. The types of questions you can choose from (multiple choice, free text, etc.) is pretty standard, but the way you can view the responses is really impressive. For example, you can make real-time word clouds from the audiences responses (and, yes, you can filter our swear words!).

Cons

We've found that the program itself lacks quite a bit of intuitive design (you really have to hunt around for the features to edit your polls) and the functionality is quite limited.

Diane from Robinson Construction Company

Fun to use

Every time we have used Poll Everywhere it made our meetings fun and really made everyone connect to the discussion topic.

Pros

Cons

If I had to say there was something that I didn't like about the software, I guess I could say that you get a little nervous answering some of the questions that your superiors are asking and wonder if they know how you, individually, are answering. But then I feel like if that answer is one of the choices, they must know there are employees that need to answer in that way.

Flexible Polling Solution to Meet Most Needs

Our organization uses Poll Everywhere constantly. The heaviest users are faculty and students, where polls are conducted in courses throughout the semester. Our staff also uses it as a fun way to crowdsource ideas at department meetings.

Pros

The solution is easy to use, offers many question types and is very accessible since anyone with an IP-enabled device and browser can participate in the polls.

Cons

We'll occasionally struggle to frame a poll question into one of the available question types. It's not a huge issue - usually it just forces us to break the question up. Unfortunately, this can impact the reporting later on.

Jessica from Undergraduate Assistant in Dr. Saigal's Lab

Great Learning Tool!

Pros

- super easy to use - easy download and set up

Cons

- the link names are long so hard to get set up the first time

Easy Polls to Share

I use Poll Everywhere to quickly get questions answered, to brainstorm ideas, and to engage my audience for presentations whether it is at a staff meeting or for my students. It has been useful and engaging.

Pros

I like that the polls are easy to access and can be displayed in multiple ways - whether it's a graph or a word bank. You can simply make your poll live and then share the link during a presentation so people can answer the questions and see what the results are instantly! It is easy for both children and adults to use for meetings or in the classroom.

Cons

I think the homepage/ website where you create the poll could be more visually appealing. It just does not look very modern.

Kyle from Align Technology

Industry: Medical Devices

My favorite engagement tool

Product is great, it works well and the customer service is outstanding.

Pros

It is so easy to use for the user and the admin. I absolutely love this software. It keeps people engaged during live sessions and allows users to do it all from their own mobile device.

Cons

Haven't found one. It's works well and haven't had any issues.

Jerred from Mid-Del Youth and Family Center

Poll Everywhere is a great tool to get immediate feedback from our audience.

Pros

Poll Everywhere is a fun, interactive way to get feedback from your audience or class. I enjoy using it to excite the audience or even just allow them to give real-time feedback. It's a great tool to enhance your presentation. Simply show them the number, and they can text back their answers to appear on your screen. This integrates well with Microsoft Powerpoint.

Cons

Free does not allow for you to delete certain responses, while the paid version does. Also, it only integrates with a web browser or PowerPoint. However, it's still the best product I've found to poll your audience.

Jason from NBT Bank

Poll everywhere

Overall for the purpose it setves this is a good product that is easily downloaded and used

Pros

Program was very wasy for the user. We recently used this in a large meeting and it was really nice to be able to see same time results.

Cons

Once the answer is revealed the user has a chance to change their answer which may skew the results.

Kalin from Hospital & Health Care

Perfect for the Classroom

This software is perfect for the classroom setting. It allows for professor-student interaction even in large class settings. The application allows students to review polls that have been issued in the past as well, allowing for effective study of concepts that were tested in class. I would highly recommend sying this software to improve education.

Pros

I am currently a medical student, and my professors have used this software in the classroom to check for understanding and quiz the class. This has been very effective at providing effective testing for students and also for helping professors gauge class understanding. I also appreciate that questions which have been asked to the class are stored within the software so that I can go back and review questions that have been asked before exams. This software helps students succeed and helps educators interact effectively with class members.

Cons

I had very few issues with this software. The only complaint I have is that the Android application sometimes fails to update polls and I am forced to leave and rejoin the session in order to see polls being offered. I did not notice the same issue on iOS.

Awesome classroom tool.

Pros

I have used Poll Everywhere for as long as I can remember. As a university professor with large classes, I find it one of the most effective ways to keep students engaged, attentive and on time. It's growing features over the years are also helpful.

Great Training Tool

Pros

Poll Everywhere's value lies in its versatility: It can be used to poll your audience in nearly any situation. I primarily use it as a training tool, and the ability to customize questions and how participants respond is great. You can pose questions, and have responding data appear on the screen anonymously, which is particularly useful when they are typing out responses as opposed to simply choosing an answer.

Cons

Not too many things to criticize about Poll Everywhere. The only drawback would be in ensuring your audience has the ability to take part in your polls. Smartphones offer the most convenient and less-distracting way for people to participate, but I supposed laptops could be used as well.

Paul from Loma linda university

Best option for polling

A must have for everyone in a polling situation

Pros

This was a revolutionary software for ease of polling a group of people. It can be used remotely as well. It just allows for excellent anonymous polling of Audience and groups of all kinds. And allows for a cool pop up of different answers. Plenty of features for the more complicated polls and easy use for the beginner. A must have in the academic settings for quick quizzing of students.

Cons

I only find that having to have an account can be a complication but it’s free and easy to make one and I believe you can still poll even without an account, I might be wrong about that though. Overall, just seriously no complaints.

Joshua from Emory University

Excellent for polling large classrooms and crowds, but has a steep learning curve for user

Pros

I love that this software can easily integrate anyone with a smartphone into a lecture or talk. It is remarkable that you can see live results of a quiz question, survey, or poll displayed in an embedded way in a powerpoint, and this definitely contributes to improved learning in a lecture setting.

Cons

When I have gone to make poll everywhere slides myself, it took me quite a while to figure it out. The computer app is not good and it almost requires you to make all of your slides on the internet. Moreover, it was not immediately clear to me how to convert slides/polls from one type of question to another, and I continually had to start over with a new question type instead of easily toggling the question type on an already created question.

Good integration with PowerPoint and Google Sheets, but competitors have better design

It's made live polling of students within lectures quick and effective, and as a result has improved student engagement in our lectures.

Pros

Very well integrated into PowerPoint and (to a slightly lesser extent) Google Sheets. It's easy to do live polling of your audience and there are multiple ways for users to vote (website with code, SMS, etc.) The interface is quick and reactive, but visually other competitors have a better interface (i.e. MentiMeter).

Cons

Downloading and installing the PowerPoint & Google Sheets plugins (.exe files) was a bit tricky but it did work without admin privileges on my PC. Tweaking the poll and display settings was complicated and I had to read the manual to get support.

Easy to Use, Highly Functional Polling Software

Pros

This app is extremely easy to use and deploy for events. - Highly customizable - Polls Surveys, integration to various software platforms. - Easy to use for attendees. Simple setup, instructions. -Incredibly reliable. - Excellent value for money compared to renting expensive AV equipment.

Cons

Unfortunately, a lot of the best features are based in the upper tiers of the pricing features. Currently, I can't see our organization maintaining the higher pricing if the application is not in use more often.

Christian from George Mason University

A Great Way to Make Presentations More Interactive

This tool is really helpful to use whether presenting to students or colleagues. It is free and worth the time and energy to incorporate into a slideshow or presentation.

Pros

Using Poll Everywhere is a great way to make PowerPoint and other classroom/conference room style presentations more engaging and interactive. There are several fun and unique ways to have audience members or participants be more involved with the presentation through multiple choice and open-ended questions.

Cons

For the participant unfamiliar with Poll Everywhere, it can be a bit confusing to use the system via a cell phone at first. There are several different numbers/codes that need to be submitted to ensure your responses go to the correct place and are included in the group discussion/responses. However, once the user learns and is logged in, it is easy to catch on.

Poll Everywhere WORKS

Pros

Poll Everywhere is easy to use from both the instructor and the student facing sides of the software. We desperately needed to find a solution to get real-time survey results in the classroom without making students pay for clicker technology they would ultimately toss away. Poll Everywhere is that solution!

Cons

This is not a complaint about the software itself, but rather the pricing. Poll everywhere is more expensive for a tool that is not very robust. If you're looking for simplicity, than this tool is perfect.

Amazing interactive survey tool at conferences/classrooms

We used at a conference we recently co-hosted and will definitely be using again in the future.

Pros

I have used Poll Everywhere in the past in college for classroom participation and thought it was great. However, more recently in my career we have used it at conferences I have been to that we have helped put on and it is a seamless way to do voting/ratings allowing people to be honest and anonymous.

Cons

I don't have super extensive involvement and have not dealt with customer service, but always excellent in my limited experience.

Adrian from Heinen's Corporate

Simple, easy way to build active learning into your training

Pros

I like how easy it is to create polls on the fly or in advance, add in elements like photos, animated gifs, videos, etc. It was very user friendly, and the tool integrated with the LMS we used at a previous job. We were even able to add a Poll Everywhere tab to Power Point so polls could be built into presentation slides.

Reanna from Shenandoah University

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Fun and interactive way to poll the classroom

Pros

I like the different ways you can allow the users to answer. This site offers the ability to answer questions in a variety of ways such as select all, multiple choice, ranking, short answer. It keeps the user more interested. I also enjoy the fact that it shows the percentages of users who answered with a certain answer.

Cons

Although its great to be able to see the percentages of users who answered with a certain answer, I have had issues with the users changing their answer due to this being visible. It is probably a setting that just needs to be changed on my end.

Syrine from UTHealth

Engaging for Participants

Pros

Poll Everywhere was a big hit when we revealed it during a management development session. The participants loved the idea of responding to an interactive activity and viewing their responses in real-time. I would recommend any professional who does presentations to utilize this tool. It brings a new depth to your presentations! The ability to use the app is so seamless and tech savvy as well.

Cons

I would like to see the ability to have more than one multiple choice question displayed at a time. However, it probably wouldn't be as clean and cohesive as possible.

Dynamic Audience Participation!

I used Poll Everywhere to solicit audience participation during a presentation. It was very popular and I received praise from multiple attendees afterwards that they liked the novelty of being able to text a response, and that they felt more engaged. Technically, it worked without any difficulty and it was seamless. I look forward to using Poll Everywhere in the future!

Pros

The ability to easily integrate live audience responses into a presentation. I also appreciate how simple it is to customize the software for your specific needs; there are tons of options to tweak the type of responses, how many responses are allowed, the time frame for collecting data, and how it is displayed. The web interface is easy to use, but I also appreciate having the ability to download a desktop version to integrate with presentation software.

Cons

There is a slight learning curve to figuring out how to best set up questions. You can only collect responses for one question at a time, so managing this can be challenging at first. However, the software offers many ways to change it including timers, so it's easily manageable.

Helen from Shenandoah

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Poll Everywhere Review

Pros

I like how this can be incorporated into class participation. It is an easy software that can really help with learning for the students. Also I like that there are different ways to take polls which is a nice feature about this software.

Cons

It seems like our professors have a lot of technical difficulties with this software, so I am guessing it is not that easy to use.

Poll-Making Made Easy

Pros

Customer Service has advanced into websites and social media in this modern day and age. It is also easier to receive customer feedback via online. One way to determine customer feedback is through polls. Poll Everywhere allows our team to determine various feedback. Since responses can be collected through text or Twitter, we are able to reach many customers. This polls are then submitted to our analyst or then presented during meetings. Poll everywhere is a great tool for companies within our industry.

Cons

Customization is oftentimes difficult but it is tolerable since what matters is the poll.

carley from Hesston College

It was a great tool to keep listeners engaged during a presentation.

Portable software to enhance a presentation and engage a wide audience!

Pros

Users do not need to do any prep work before a presentation in order to participate in the polls. There are tons of different options for types of polls. You can easily keep people engaged with a new question or poll every slide.

Cons

It was not as easy to customize as I would have liked. You have to pay to customize and even when I paid they did not have our branded company colors. It was also a little touchy when you try to upload pictures as the background. It just takes a lot of work but eventually, I was able to customize the product and have a great presentation. The only other issue I had was it gets a little "iffy" when you have multiple people trying to give the presentation from different computers when we were not with each other. At one point I had to control the slideshow via Skype while watching my partner give the presentation in another state because he was unable to activate/deactivate the polls.

Heidi from Cambridge Computer Services

Fun way to get audience participation during presentations

We have used this during presentations to make audience participation fun and more quantitative than asking people to raise their hands.

Pros

Easy to use, install and vote anonymously on questions during presentations. Makes audience participation fun and interesting with real-time voting statistics during the presentation.

Cons

I personally enjoy using it but I can see how people who are shy may not want to participate during meetings and so they may find this application burdensome.

Really Cool Polling Software

Great tool that is sure to make your presentation stand out from everyone else's. People will probably come up and ask you what you used to make your presentation dynamic. Be ready to commit a little bit of time to figure out the idiosyncrasies of the software.

Pros

Poll Everywhere is really really cool. Seriously, when you run one of these, people pay attention and get engaged. Unlike built-in webinar polls, PollEV polls look great and allow people to use their own phones to text or use the web to vote. The results actually get displayed in real-time. This makes your presentations look super tech-forward and is sure to impress!

Cons

The user interface in the backend of PollEV is kind of dated and clunky. Numerous times I've had to figure out how to do things by trial and error. I would also like to see more innovation from the PollEV team on more variety of things to engage audiences on. The pricing is a little steep if you only need it for a single, one-day event.

Spencer from Victory Life Church

Poll Everywhere Review

Pros

I really like that it's easy to use, and that you can change your subscription to use it only when you need it. It also has a lot of customizable stuff when you're setting up a poll.

Cons

The feature that lets you embed the poll into a presentation software never really worked for me. It also doesn't have ProPresenter as one of the available presentation options, which is what we primarily use.

Does the job

Pros

Lately, my professors have gotten into the habit of using Poll Everywhere to conduct an interactive lecture. By showing the link on the screen, every student can participate quickly in polling during the class. It's simple and easy to use, and also easy to set up. Instead of having students buy clickers, this is an awesome, free alternative to get students engaged.

Cons

Some of the modes of presenting the data results are very hard to read and understand. There needs to be improvement to the options of presenting the data.

Jeff from University of Nebraska at Omaha

Great for interactive presentations

I use this software for keeping my students engaged in class. They can ask questions confidentially and it makes the class a bit more fun.

Pros

They have a free account that has limited features but is great for trainings and presentations. It is easy to use and set up. We all know that when presenting or training folks, they will have their phones out. This software allows them to use their phone to ask questions or engage in the presentation at hand allowing you to engage your audience better.

Cons

My only complaint is that the mobile site is not as easy to use as the desktop site. If you can have a computer available to use the software during presentations it will make your life easier.

SARAH from Butler University

Free live polling platform

I have used Poll Everywhere in live presentations to gauge audience feedback in an anonymous fashion. Without this resource, due to the nature of topics we were interested in seeking feedback around, we feared we might not get honest responses. Poll Everywhere allowed participants to safely provide honest feedback with a simple text from their cell phones that could be displayed in aggregate on a projected screen in our presentation space.

Pros

Live polling that requires only a cell phone from users and easy set-up on the front-end by the administrator is fantastic. I liked the ease of set-up and the fact that I never encountered any glitches while using this software.

Cons

The free plan (which I used) only allowed for 1 user, so our group had to create a master account that we could all access.

Ramya from Harvard T.H Chan School of Public Health

Obtaining people's opinions

Professors in classrooms have used it to collect our opinions and to gauge our understanding of topics.

Pros

Ability to integrate into PowerPoint presentations. Audience does not need accounts to sign-in, can open link and answer poll (anonymous). Various types of polls (single words, multiple choice, yes/no).

Cons

Expensive for the features it provides. Customization can be improved.

David from Université de Montréal

Review of Poll Everywhere

Poll everywhere is an interactive voting application that provides the student with immediate feedback on responses and offers immediate interaction.

Pros

Poll everywhere is a simple and effective alternative to a similar application as a turningpoint. Poll everywhere does not require a complicated configuration and the display of the results in real time and in response size is a welcome feature.

Cons

Unfortunately, I didn't use Poll everywhere enough to find failures in it. Maybe he doesn't have one after all.

Kendrik from P&G

Industry: Machinery

Makes meetings Engaging

Overall, we have loved it, and have no complaints about it. Its the only polling software we use.

Pros

I really love how you can see results real time and helps make meetings much more engaging. The program also works very well with almost no lag time.

Cons

My one complaint is the pricing. While they do offer a "Free" version if you have a lot of participants that not going to work for you. I think the pricing is a bit steep and think they could offer some better options.

Effective interactive live audience participation tool

Pros

I love Poll Everywhere as an interactive piece for presentations, anywhere from small presentations to my direct team, or having participated in larger town hall presentations where surveys are done live. Anytime you can use instant input to garner some buzz about some topic, you'll immediately get everyone's attention. The app is easy to use, interface works well, and company buy-in is convincing.

Cons

I would like to see PE push the envelope in terms of adding layers of complexity to its surveying ability. Perhaps some sort of stratification among demographics that you user profiles could dictate.

Increase class interaction with Poll Everywhere

Its simple and easy to use from your computer. Set up is quick. We used this as an alternative to iclicker, which we usually use for response submissions during a presentation.

Pros

It is a great way to test peoples's knowledge with multiple choice questions or having a group of people respond to a question without having to raise their hands. It is a great way to keep people engaged during a lecture or presentation. I like the diversity of response options that it allows; instead of just allowing multiple choice questions, it also allows for true/false, free response, ect.

Cons

There is nothing that i disliked about this software.

Sebastien from University of Rochester

Great tool for large meetings

Very quick and easy to create and setup polling for a presentation of any size. People love the interactivity it brings to otherwise dull presentations.

Pros

Easy to setup and use. User friendly for the admin as well as the participants. Voting is really easy from a computer or a mobile device.

Cons

Would be nice to be able to configure more. Nicer graphics (looks quite a bit outdated), a little more flexibility on how to display results would be nice as well

Michael from National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)

Poll Everywhere

Frequently incorporated into university lectures for occasional knowledge checks

Pros

Encourages students to interact in some way if too shy to do so in person; allows instructors to easily gauge student familiarity with concepts and redirect teaching pathway and methods if needed

Cons

Design seems to be somewhat dated; could have more interface options (besides just multiple choice and free answer)

Rob from Network of Executive Women

It works!

Pros

Cons

We have one or two poll questions that did not display but it is hard to say who's fault this was -- the operator of the system!

Jesse from Anglepoint

Great Product with Great Service!

Polling of an audience during a presentation regarding customer service and experience.

Pros

The software is easy to use and integrates seemlessly into presentation software. Their customer service is fantastic as well as they solved a self-caused issue for me in a speedy amount of time.

Cons

No issues with the software, just the plans that they offer. the free plan gets you 25 participants. The cheapest paid plan does 700 participants and can only be billed annually. It would be awesome if there was some middle-ground for 100 - 200 participants that could be billed monthly or as needed.

Reasons for Choosing Poll Everywhere

Functionality and integration

Great for teachers, professors, training sessions etc.

Keep your audience active, engaged and attentive.

Pros

Poll Everywhere does a great job of keeping people (whether that be students or people in a training session or meeting active and engaged). You really can't ask for much more than that.

Cons

Not really too many cons I can think of here...it would be nice if the free version offered deletion, but not really a huge issue for a small scale trainings I have used it for.

shaivya from The University of Texas at Dallas

Preferable for teachers.

Pros

1. Easy to use, friendly and simple User Interface. 2. Preferable for teachers to set up quick quizzes and test in classes. 3. Appreciate the part that there is a variety of different formats for answers.

Cons

1. Not much of the features are provided with the price of the app. 2. Also, being a student, I cannot afford the paid subscription every semester.

Greg from Alan B. Miller Entrepreneurship Center

A User's Polling Dream

I have only used this product as a poll-ee. Though I imagine the poll creation process is easy, as a user taking the polls, I am comfortable endorsing this as a great tool for interacting with users.

Pros

- Poll Everywhere integrates into Powerpoint presentations, making it ideal for live demos. If you're looking for a simple data collection tool, I may look elsewhere, but this is great for polling a crowd. - Shows responses change in real-time. If answer shift over the course of a 5 minute collection period, we see that!

Cons

- When using the word cloud feature, it does not always pair words correctly. I'd like to see that fixed - the colors are mild and unexciting. It looks great, but i'd love to see some falir

What a fun way to involve audiences

Large audiences need to feel connected to the presenter, and this software app makes that easy.

Pros

Simple and fast for audiences to engage at a conference.

Cons

The download experience for each user is different to get set up, but once set up it is streamlined.

Natalie from Brigham Young University - Idaho

Great add in for your presentation

I like the ease of setting up questions. I also like the ability to look at statistics afterwards. I ran into trouble the first time I used Poll anywhere though. I had it downloaded on my computer but the computer I used didn't have it. When I arrived to do my presentation, the hosts had the computer all set up and I had to E-mail the presentation to myself quickly. I got all the way into the presentation and then realized that the poll didn't work. The slides where there, but there was no interaction.

Pros

I like the interactive ability this gives me when presenting. I am always looking for ways to get the audience more involved. The audience is already on their phones so why not use them to get into the presentation.

Cons

Everytime I use a new computer, I have to download the program.

Fast to use

Overall, I would say my experience with Poll Everywhere has been positive and I will continue to use this software.

Pros

What I like most about Poll Everywhere is how fast it is to create a poll and use the poll. This software really does save me a lot of time.

Cons

I cannot think of what I like least about this software because it is a very good software and I enjoy using it.

Courtney from The Children’s Place

Simple App

Pros

It is a good app to get a simple opinion in a short amount of time.

Cons

Very simple app, which could also mean boring layout.

Mohini from UTD

Poll Everywhere

Pros

user's can submit live responses using their mobile or desktop devices easy to use and navigate validate responses with speed

Cons

once you enter the responses for a quiz you cannot change it the questions are not available on the quiz multiple choice cannot be selected