Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"I love that this software can easily integrate anyone with a smartphone into a lecture or talk."
  • icon"It is a good app to get a simple opinion in a short amount of time."
  • icon"Beyond the price, the ability to allow respondents to text in their poll choices is really fantastic. Users don't need anything other than a web-enabled device or cell phone to take part in the polls."
  • icon"The layout is dull and simplistic. It doesn't give you any feedback after completing a poll."
  • icon"Some of the modes of presenting the data results are very hard to read and understand."
  • icon"Unfortunately, I didn't use Poll everywhere enough to find failures in it. Maybe he doesn't have one after all."

Have you used Poll Everywhere and would like to share your experience with others?

All Poll Everywhere Reviews

Greg

Company size: 1,001 - 5,000 employees

A User's Polling Dream

Elizabeth

Poll Everywhere Creates Challenges With Powerpoint

Not great. There are other products that have the same functionality [and more] and don't create mayhem when you open up other software. I ended up purchasing Kahoot! that does a lot more and covers the same functions.

Pros

I love the idea of capturing feedback during webinars to make them more engaging and collect data to use.

Cons

This totally messed up my PowerPoint...every time I opened PPT...it would send an error message, open up a webpage and a send log window. Such a mess. Had to uninstall.

Response from Poll Everywhere

Hi Elizabeth! Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we apologize for any issues this may have caused during your presentation. If you don't mind sharing your email address with , our CEO would like to hear about your experience 1:1 because we consider this an unacceptable situation and would like to learn more about how we can improve. Thank you, The Poll Everywhere Team

Replied May 2021

Awesome classroom tool.

Pros

I have used Poll Everywhere for as long as I can remember. As a university professor with large classes, I find it one of the most effective ways to keep students engaged, attentive and on time. It's growing features over the years are also helpful.

Cons

Not truly any cons I can think of off the top of my head...there customer service is not perfect, but I have always come to the answer I need.

Great Training Tool

Pros

Poll Everywhere's value lies in its versatility: It can be used to poll your audience in nearly any situation. I primarily use it as a training tool, and the ability to customize questions and how participants respond is great. You can pose questions, and have responding data appear on the screen anonymously, which is particularly useful when they are typing out responses as opposed to simply choosing an answer.

Cons

Not too many things to criticize about Poll Everywhere. The only drawback would be in ensuring your audience has the ability to take part in your polls. Smartphones offer the most convenient and less-distracting way for people to participate, but I supposed laptops could be used as well.

Poll Everywhere WORKS

Pros

Poll Everywhere is easy to use from both the instructor and the student facing sides of the software. We desperately needed to find a solution to get real-time survey results in the classroom without making students pay for clicker technology they would ultimately toss away. Poll Everywhere is that solution!

Cons

This is not a complaint about the software itself, but rather the pricing. Poll everywhere is more expensive for a tool that is not very robust. If you're looking for simplicity, than this tool is perfect.

Amazing interactive survey tool at conferences/classrooms

We used at a conference we recently co-hosted and will definitely be using again in the future.

Pros

I have used Poll Everywhere in the past in college for classroom participation and thought it was great. However, more recently in my career we have used it at conferences I have been to that we have helped put on and it is a seamless way to do voting/ratings allowing people to be honest and anonymous.

Cons

I don't have super extensive involvement and have not dealt with customer service, but always excellent in my limited experience.

Really Cool Polling Software

Great tool that is sure to make your presentation stand out from everyone else's. People will probably come up and ask you what you used to make your presentation dynamic. Be ready to commit a little bit of time to figure out the idiosyncrasies of the software.

Pros

Poll Everywhere is really really cool. Seriously, when you run one of these, people pay attention and get engaged. Unlike built-in webinar polls, PollEV polls look great and allow people to use their own phones to text or use the web to vote. The results actually get displayed in real-time. This makes your presentations look super tech-forward and is sure to impress!

Cons

The user interface in the backend of PollEV is kind of dated and clunky. Numerous times I've had to figure out how to do things by trial and error. I would also like to see more innovation from the PollEV team on more variety of things to engage audiences on. The pricing is a little steep if you only need it for a single, one-day event.

Does the job

Pros

Lately, my professors have gotten into the habit of using Poll Everywhere to conduct an interactive lecture. By showing the link on the screen, every student can participate quickly in polling during the class. It's simple and easy to use, and also easy to set up. Instead of having students buy clickers, this is an awesome, free alternative to get students engaged.

Cons

Some of the modes of presenting the data results are very hard to read and understand. There needs to be improvement to the options of presenting the data.

Jason

Poll everywhere

Overall for the purpose it setves this is a good product that is easily downloaded and used

Pros

Program was very wasy for the user. We recently used this in a large meeting and it was really nice to be able to see same time results.

Cons

Once the answer is revealed the user has a chance to change their answer which may skew the results.

Diane

Fun to use

Every time we have used Poll Everywhere it made our meetings fun and really made everyone connect to the discussion topic.

Pros

We use this in our quarterly meetings and everyone in attendance can respond to the questions being asked. It's nice to see where we stand with everyone's input while we are at the meeting.

Cons

If I had to say there was something that I didn't like about the software, I guess I could say that you get a little nervous answering some of the questions that your superiors are asking and wonder if they know how you, individually, are answering. But then I feel like if that answer is one of the choices, they must know there are employees that need to answer in that way.

Heidi

Fun way to get audience participation during presentations

We have used this during presentations to make audience participation fun and more quantitative than asking people to raise their hands.

Pros

Easy to use, install and vote anonymously on questions during presentations. Makes audience participation fun and interesting with real-time voting statistics during the presentation.

Cons

I personally enjoy using it but I can see how people who are shy may not want to participate during meetings and so they may find this application burdensome.

Review of Poll Everywhere

Poll everywhere is an interactive voting application that provides the student with immediate feedback on responses and offers immediate interaction.

Pros

Poll everywhere is a simple and effective alternative to a similar application as a turningpoint. Poll everywhere does not require a complicated configuration and the display of the results in real time and in response size is a welcome feature.

Cindi

Poll Everywhere

I create polls and questions to help make my presentations more interesting.

Pros

I can create polls, word clouds, and other interactive questions and puzzles to use in my presentations.

Cons

I have only used the free version, but for a free product, I haven’t found anything about which to complain.

Rob

It works!

Pros

We have used several times for conferences and events. It worked as expected and was pretty easy to use. Customer service, when needed, was very good.

Cons

We have one or two poll questions that did not display but it is hard to say who's fault this was -- the operator of the system!

Jesse

Great Product with Great Service!

Polling of an audience during a presentation regarding customer service and experience.

Pros

The software is easy to use and integrates seemlessly into presentation software. Their customer service is fantastic as well as they solved a self-caused issue for me in a speedy amount of time.

Cons

No issues with the software, just the plans that they offer. the free plan gets you 25 participants. The cheapest paid plan does 700 participants and can only be billed annually. It would be awesome if there was some middle-ground for 100 - 200 participants that could be billed monthly or as needed.

Reasons for choosing Poll Everywhere

Functionality and integration

What a fun way to involve audiences

Large audiences need to feel connected to the presenter, and this software app makes that easy.

Pros

Simple and fast for audiences to engage at a conference.

Cons

The download experience for each user is different to get set up, but once set up it is streamlined.

Fast to use

Overall, I would say my experience with Poll Everywhere has been positive and I will continue to use this software.

Pros

What I like most about Poll Everywhere is how fast it is to create a poll and use the poll. This software really does save me a lot of time.

Cons

I cannot think of what I like least about this software because it is a very good software and I enjoy using it.

Mohini

Poll Everywhere

Pros

user's can submit live responses using their mobile or desktop devices easy to use and navigate validate responses with speed

Cons

once you enter the responses for a quiz you cannot change it the questions are not available on the quiz multiple choice cannot be selected

Great for data collection

Pros

Poll Everywhere is easy to use and eliminates the need for costly remotes/clickers. Users can access the polls and respond via smartphone. I have used Poll Everywhere as a student and also in a professional setting and have never had an issue with it. Results are instant and displayed in a chart which can be easily interpreted.

Cons

For individuals who may not have access to a smart phone or prefer not to use personal electronics for this type of use, data collection may be skewed.

Cheryl