• Pros

• "The ability to communicate so much easier with my team than any other social media platform. "

• "It's ability to just work so I can work. I've had situations where fleep was able to deliver a message that other chat told just failed to do. In my line of work, this matters a lot."

• "Creating tasks for your team mates and getting the info when they have completed it. Also, pinning the important info in a conversation so you never forget the things you have already talked about. "

• Cons

• "There's nothing not to like about it. Fleep is always updating their software to make it better for end users. "

• "Not receiving additional message notifications if the first message hasn’t been opened."

• "There are a few features that would be very useful like the messenger chat heads so you can chat while staying in context of other apps"

Browse Fleep Reviews

Timo from Kontraktori Group Oy

Absolutely the best possible choice in many cases.

Exactly the control I needed in many projects.

Pros

It has everything that is needed. What makes it clearly the best possible solution and my favourite is the fact that in almost every project group there is one or two "luddites" that are almost impossible to persuade to make an account in a new application. Fleep keeps them connected via their emails. By time they often make accounts and join the others.

Cons

I can't name any... Voice call is a bit clumsy, maybe. Appear.in requres joining at a certain time.

Nori from Saitama University

Industry: Research

Fleep compared to Slack and others

Actually, most people around me uses Slack (without any comparative evaluation with other chat services including Fleep). So I have to use Fleep relying somewhat on Slack integration. But I love this elegant service so much using for communication, mail replacement, jotting, note-taking and sharing, bookmarking, simple task management, and more.

Pros

What have been impressing me the most in Fleep are: (1) Elegant and carefully-chosen, minimal in some sense, design and features, opposed to a luxurious "everything-you-want" style, although I know the latter attracts most people. (2) Thorough integration of chats and mails, not just something like mail notification of a new message. In-house communication could be replaced with chats, but correspondence with customers and clients still heavily relies on mails. Some reviews say Fleep enables an in-house team to work with outside people with chat/mail integration. True, but there must be more. We could enjoy team communication and customer correspondence in a single place.

Cons

What Slack excels above Fleep, in my humble thought, is its publicity, and the number and variety of integratable services.

Frank from InComm

Great Concept But Still Too Early

I loved the idea of this app. It's hard to get everybody on the same platform for a messenger client. It's especially tough when all they want to do is continue a endlessly long email thread. Flipp made this work for me. I could finally communicate with colleagues "messenger" style through email. It made conversations much easier. Unfortunately Exchange servers were not supported so I could not use this for work.

Pros

Makes my email life much easier. Conversations were easier to follow and reply to.

Cons

Did not support Microsoft Exchange accounts.

Janek from TalTech University

Clean set of well-thought features

I'm using Fleep as an ad hoc teamwork tool for the courses I give. I'm just sharing the ideas, links, and code snippets during the lectures. Often the discussions keep going after the main event. I'm also following some discussions on other platforms though Fleep. The Fleep provides me convenient tracking of message threads.

Pros

Fleep's way of integrating simple task management into a discussion has an interesting logic. One can capture the tasks during a discussion and keeping the thread of messages going on. This approach represents very well a real-life scenario of task identification. The idea is built into clean user-interface working on multiple platforms.

Cons

The main problem of Fleep is that it is not as widely used as Skype or Slack. The teamwork features of Fleep make often sense when used by a group of people. It is hard to attract new users on a communication platform in the world of a whole rainbow of chat tools. Fortunately, Fleep supports many integrations that allow to be a rare Fleep user in a team.

Debjit from Alpana Web Solutions

Simple easy to use 1:1 communication tool.

One of my clients asked me to join fleep for their workflow, and I am not disappointed when using it. It's simple and minimalistic features are just up to the mark. For a simple consultation, it is really very very easy to work with.

Pros

I like the simple UI and how fast I can start connecting to users. I really like the group discussion feature. The UI is not different so for my contacts it is one fewer thing to learn. Sharing with gdrive is a plus. Now as I am signed up with Gmail and it is easy to share email. The default space is 10 GB and with gdrive, it is total 15 of space which is massive. The simple task manager and task assigned is helpful when doing some pre-website design collaboration. Right bar with all the option available is a really nice feature, all options are quickly available. All the shared documents are listed in the file drawer, assign a task to the member is better than just posting a task and no one has no idea what to do with it. Android app is available which is another plus point for this app.

Cons

Pinned notes are really not pinned. It just scrolls with the conversion which is a bad Idea. There must be a spot where pinned notes are available quickly, hope they include this in the next version. For video conferencing, it uses another service which is not that common.

Response from Fleep

Replied June 2019

Hey Debjit! Thanks for the review. Just wanted to comment that there are fixed Pinboards as well, in every conversation. There, all pinned messages are shown and 'fixed', separate from the conversation flow. See the first screenshot here: https://fleep.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201491571-What-are-Pinboards- All the best!

Excellent rapidly developing chat service

Outstanding user experience, excellent and quick customer service :)

Pros

- New features being added frequently, the features implemented are also easy to use and it's easy to just intuitively start using them - Very easy to use and intuitive application in general - Works great on Android, iOS, Windows, Mac and in the browser! - Visually gorgeous and easy to under

Cons

- Unfortunately there is no on-premise option, meaning we can't use it at my workplace anymore, however, I still use it for private non-work-related chats. - Weird sound glitch that plays all the notification sounds in a row when connecting a new audio device, this has not been fixed over the course of the past 2 years unfortunately. - Some rare with notification delivery possibly related to syncing between devices. (This is very rare, maybe once a quarter)

Great for small teams

Fleep works great for intra company chat, but lacks some features that bigger companies might need.

Pros

Fleep is simple and easy to use. It is not cluttered with unneeded features, works fast and realiably.

Cons

Since Fleep is smaller and newer than other apps it lacks some integrations, but that is not a dealbreaker and usually, workarounds can be found. Also there is no option to combine teams from different company in the same chat.

Response from Fleep

Replied December 2018

Thanks for the review! Just wanted to note that in fact it is possible to have teams from different companies in the same chat. To do that, first add someone from the other company's team to the conversation, and they can then add their team to the same conversation. Please do get touch with us at support@fleep.io, if you'd like more detailed guidance.

Ronald from Raintree Systems, Inc.

Best quick messaging software out there

Fast information exchange

Pros

Lightweight, simple but powerful. I can spin up group chats with ease, share my stuff and see if everybody has seen them. Also like the mobile app, competitors are clunky and power hungry. Fleep just is snappy and does not seem to drain my phone.

Cons

That blob limitation, at some point when you have lots of images, the free accounts have a size limitation and no easy way to clear them. That is why i gave 4 stars on ease of use.

Kaja from Elering

Industry: Oil & Energy

Nice and simple messenging solution

I am communicating through Fleep with a few of my friends and my business mentor.

Pros

I like the professional looks and simplicity. It does reliably what I need it to do - which is, to exchange messages with my friends and colleagues. No annoying ads etc.

Cons

I like that it's possible to mute a channel. I would like to mute the whole application for the duration of meetings when I present, for example, but this is still missing.

Response from Fleep

Replied December 2018

Thanks for the review! We'll pass on the request for muting all of Fleep as well.

Aleksander from ESTCube

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Works great, has all the features I need

Faster communication in a team

Pros

Makes it easy to communicate in a team. Easy to use, works on all devices. Easy to find people and start new chats.

Cons

Has some problems with cross device compatibility. Notifications don't show on all devices. Some times messages don't get marked as read in the app.

Productive chat service for teams.

A feature-rich web-based chat manager for every team needs. Unlimited participants and 3 group conversions as free members are really so much for me. I am very impressed with its capabilities.

Pros

Simple and easy to use of this fleep makes a very nice chat service for teams. We have tried social media chat for productivity but it is so much distractive for us and we need a solution that trailer made for this situation. Fleep solves all these problems and helps us to discuss and get updated in real-time. A screen sharing and free 4 users online video chat have added a bonus. I also can make different teams and chat separately. File sharing within chat solves a lot of problems quickly. Trello integration and task assign to the user is really a nice feature for fast problem-solving. I am very impressed with this software and its capabilities. 10gb storage for free is a huge plus.

Cons

This is a perfect solution for me and my team. in my eye, everything is ok and perfect.

Aiden from DNMO

Industry: Music

Incredible app!

Incredible!

Cons

Response from Fleep

Replied March 2019

Thanks for your feedback, Aiden! Just wanted to note that you can choose to get message notifications for all incoming messages (and not just the first one) ¿ you can configure this in your Account preferences. See the first screen shot here: https://fleep.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201338652-How-do-push-notifications-work-in-Fleep-

Perfect alternative to slack.

Easily allows me to collaborate with my team, who's entirely remote and located on two continents.

Pros

It's intuitive and easy to use. Getting people on board is simple and you never leave anyone behind in the conversation because team members will get conversation summaries by email until they sign up for their account on the tool.

Cons

The random gif function can make for some awkward company communication :p But we all usually laugh about it ;)

Abdullah from Information Technology and Services

I've had great experience with their support and the software is reliable

Reliability and support

Merit from Barking OÜ

Fleep is a great software for communicating with your team and really easy to use.

Cons

Quite nice for team communication

Decent communication channel for a software team

Pros

Sleek and doesn't get in the way. Performs well. Nice functionality - todo list, pinned messages, attachments work nice.

Cons

Would like to have possibility to show inline videos in chats. Nothing else has really bothered me, coming from mainly skype using teams I find the app more pleasant.

Joonas Jürgen from Foxcademy

Makes work more streamlined

Pros

The ability to quote messages and turn them into tasks.

Cons

Compatibility with emojis and GIF's is not really what a work-centred communication platform needs.

Very functional, updated regularly, customer support is responsive. Stable.

Pros

/giphy shortcut is my favourite thing about this. I also link link and image previews and searching.

Cons

Bugs appear, but luckily the support team is very responsive and they handle things great! I do hate that you cant copy normally to another app on Android 8.0 (a fleep link is pasted instead).

Professional, easy and fast. I enjoy the functionality and ease of reading incoming messages.

Pros

I like that i can connect my email account to it. It's been my preferred email client on mac OS for the past months.

Cons

Integration in other programs. I have not managed to connect it to Trello, for example. I want to easily cross platforms without any hassle.

Soubhik from IIEST, Shibpur

Works great for a cheap price and makes life easy

Pros

It tries to make email obsolete and does an amazing job at that. Also, each user is given their Fleep ID. We can start video calls directly from the chat window.

Cons

Some times, the interface feel a bit unpolished and rough. The Google Drive integation is one such issue. Other than that, it's good enough.

Maarit from Convertal

Takes chatting to new level

Pros

- easy to use - you can spice up the conversations with random giphy-s - you can save and pin important files and parts of the conversation

Cons

- the app version keeps crashing but the desktop version works fine

Sylvia from OÜ Via Visual

Overall pretty good, better than other platforms certainly.

Pros

Easy and a joy to use. Pinning and task board are very useful. Images are not compressed when shared.

Cons

App downloads every picture opened, even your own. Some text updating and window resizing issues on PC.

Mohammad from Golden-works.com

I work with Fleep for communication so easy with client ...

organized email and work

Pros

so organized ... simple way to organize my subject within the team of work and make me focus on the work only.

Cons

nothing important ... maybe more integration with other software will be great... like yandex and hosting domain.

Julien from Lacaton & Vassal

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Julien's review

I use Fleep only with emails (still the most widely used messaging system in our business), but I hope some colleagues will turn to Fleep too !

Pros

The ability to deal with emails, The lightweight and opened system

Cons

The conversation list can become very long and uneasy to read when using Fleep with email (obviously it's not designed for that)

Veiko from Rakuten Fits Me

I have always had a great experience with it.

Pros

I really like the ease of use and that it also works with emails. Also makes teamwork easier with loads of integration options. But what I most liked about the product was the excellent customer service.

Cons

The biggest problem for me is that none of the people I know and actively communicate to isn't using this and only as an email client it didn't really convince me. I liked it more as a chat app and I would want to overflow the app with spam email that I get on my email account.

I found it by chance and it turned out to be very good

I work perfectly for what I need and communication with my client is fluid and immediate thanks to the Fleep

Pros

When trying to contact a client he asked me to do it through fleep and I discovered that it is a very good tool. It is easy to use and quite intuitive, it is light and versatile. Actually it turned out to be a pleasant surprise.

Cons

In general it is quite good and there are not many things to complain about. The only bad thing is that the things that really differentiate it from the other apps of his style are paid and if you have a tight budget maybe it's not worth it.

Laura from Clovis Community College tutorial center

We love it for our office

Pros

Everyone can easily stay in contact and up to date with everything going on in our tutorial center. We love this product for communication.

Cons

There are not too many cons that I can think of. The only con is being able to use gifs. It's a bit of a process to find a gif and be able to use it in your communication log

Very good !

Pros

The free access for a whole team that allows us to communicate outside of Facebook, which is really important

Cons

Items and the fact that it isn't sometimes convenient to find messages or group chats. You have to get and understand the whole process before actually knowing how it works

Teia from Netter Center for Community Partnerships

Industry: Philanthropy

Fleep Review

Fleep has really streamlined my team's work and made us more efficient.

Pros

I like the abundance of features that Fleep has, especially the file drawer. I don't have to waste time looking for a file that a teammate is talking about.

Cons

I want to be able to set the notification settings more specifically, so sometimes I can see everything that the team is working on as well as things that just apply to me.

James from Oscar Hamilton

Better than Slack

Pros

Way more user friendly that the competition.

Cons

I like that the software is minimal, for some folks more features maybe. Currently, no cons.

Recommended

Pros

- the user interface makes it simple and easy to use

Cons

- it sometimes becomes quite slow at responsing

Response from Fleep

Replied January 2019

Thanks for the review! Regarding Fleep sometimes becoming slow ¿ it would be helpful if you could share more details with us at support@fleep.io (is it on the mobile app or desktop app? does it happen regularly etc), so we could investigate further. Thank you again!

Jürgen from Clusterfarm.net

I just love it. Easy to use and has almost every feature that i need. Just awsome piece of software

Pros

It is so easy to ise. All of its UI is simple and the learning curve is short. Both me and my co-worker use it all the time

Cons

Its simplicity. The program does not really have any inperfections. It is simple, effective. Just use it, and you wont regret

Shana from Globe SEO Switch

Fleep is the most advanced team communication platform

Collaboration of teams in one secure place.

Pros

What I like most about Fleep is ease of use. Additionally, I like its deployment architecture since it can be installed in Mac, Windows and Android.

Cons

Nothing at all, it is the best for team communication.