All Microsoft Teams Reviews

Powerful Workspace and High Quality Video

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Great for schools!

As I mentioned earlier, for all our online communications and also for presentation and class team discussions, we mainly used email. With the onset of the COVID-19 Pandemic, management decided to leverage Microsoft teams with integrated voice and video calling features along with content sharing and presentations that enable seamless online classes, upskilling, online training, and webinars in the education sector across different geographical locations around the globe. I am also an Edtech Specialist and head of the Community Engagement and Extension Services in our department.

PROS

I am using Microsoft Teams for more than a year now every day with my students, colleagues, and others. There's a little learning curve with colleagues in using the application. I could share, manage and build team spaces. This is pretty useful in creating different school/business activities and seamlessly integrates other MS products. With integrated Voice and Video Messaging Services, Calendar scheduling, we can communicate according to the availability of users at any time. Also, I can configure my availability with various options or even modify it to determine that I am offline/not at the desk right now for other users to know. The best part is that I can use 3rd party integration application right inside MS Teams.

CONS

Sometimes Microsoft Teams get hanged because of network or Heap Memory problems, but this could happen with any communication software as we use multiple installed software on our machines to meet the distance education requirements. There is a minor delay between receiving a text on your laptop and your mobile device. Many times, it happens that I have to go out or take a break for some time, and I receive a message but with a delay on my configured mobile device.

Reason for choosing Microsoft Teams

In the beginning, we may have opted for ZOOM, but then we all know that ZOOM is not that safe, not effective, and not to mention expensive. Everything looks nice with the usage of Microsoft Teams now. Our admin is so happy with our decision.

Alexis

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Microsoft Teams in a School Setting

PROS

I like how versatile Teams is. At my school, we use it for SPED/504 documentation. Each student has their own channel with their files attached. It is very easy to communicate and look up the needed information. It is also an easy and efficient way to communicate with other staff members. Many times, I will get a message from a counselor or secretary asking me to send a student to another location. They are easily able to get in touch with me through Teams. Also, I have the app on my phone and I am able to stay in touch when I am not at my desk. Our department has several channels that we use to communicate about different things. We also have a way to reserve Chromebook carts through Teams. Additionally, it is a great place to hold virtual meetings. It is easy to create and begin online meetings. I use Teams everyday, all day long. It has been a great experience and it's a centralized spot where many important functions occur. Without this technology, it would be difficult to make sure a school of my size ran so smoothly.

CONS

One issue that I have encountered with teams is locating group chats. These chats are not listed under Teams, but rather under "chat" or "activity." I have many, many notifications coming each day and this pushes the group chats far down in the line. I have to take awhile to go back and find it when I need to send something. It would be nice if there was a place to locate these chats.

Furniture, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Teams

Overall i like teams. It is easy to use and integrates well with my companies technology.

PROS

Honestly my favorite feature is the high contrast mode. Love the colors.

CONS

I dont like that it can be buggy and then I cannot communicate with my team.

Siddharth

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2021

Should you use Microsoft Teams?

If you are thinking of using microsoft teams for school, I would not place it top on the list but if you want to use it for businesses and all, which is what it is made for, it is the best available tools because it offers integration with tons of microsoft tools

PROS

1. Easy to use 2. So many features 3. Organize meetings 4. Good quality for video and screen sharing 5. Can control screen better than competition 6. Can record videos and store on cloud 7. Can upload files and share on specific channels 8. Helps in perfect organization of business, school etc. 9. Can integrate whiteboard, forms etc. 10. Inbuilt document viewer

CONS

1. New glitch everyday 2. The call randomly cuts sometimes 3. You have 2 roles, presenters, attendees. Either give a person all the power for meeting or no power. Would appreciate allowing specific participants specific permissions like this guy can screen share and this person can record

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Teams

Because my school made the switch and now we had had classes here. Honestly, teams manages to come up with a new glitch every day and is way more taxing on my computer than meets. There are a few positives and a few negatives in both of them. Overall Id say both of them share blows with google slightly on top but it depends on the case scenario.

Luca

Pharmaceuticals, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed April 2024

Perfect tool for remote collaboration

I would say that the overall experience is great. MS Teams represent the main software for company's employees to comunicate with colleagues and increase collaboration

PROS

It's not all about a chat tool. Microsoft teams become the access point for the whole organization to access all the collaboration tools. We set MS Teams as hopepage of the organization. Within MS Teams we are able to open direclty all the MS office suite documents, like presentations, spreadsheets and so on.

CONS

PC resource consumption need to be decreased.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Teams

Switch has been force by Microsoft that designed MS Team and comunication and collaboration platform for enterprises.

Alvaro

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Good platform for working together with work or study groups

PROS

I use it every day for my dealy meetings, it provides good immediate communication, video sharing. It also offers the possibility of storing shared files with users who share team. Message and call notifications are immediate.

CONS

We have encountered several problems with adding new users to a team, syncing to these groups can take a long time and be a significant problem. The application on the phone does not update the chats in real time.

Andres

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Affordable team comms with a learning curve

It's a very mixed overall experience. I've been using it for several years so I'm used to the way it does things, but I can see how people get frustrated at it.

PROS

As it comes included with 365, this is a tool that most teams will end up having anyway. It's decent, feature-wise, and the recent redesign has gone a long way in improving usability.

CONS

It has somewhat of a learning curve, in that it is opinionated in how it wants to be used. Once you figure out the gimmicks, you'll do fine, but until then expect a level of frustration.

Debanjana

Biotechnology, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2023

MS Teams-Pros and Cons

8/10

PROS

It's collaboration and screen sharing features and notification on instant messages

CONS

The drawback is in its status display. Sometimes it shows Out of office even though we are active.

TOMIA

Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

TEAMS MAKE IT EASY

PROS

Like the fact that it is so versatile you can chat, you can conduct full meetings with multiple people I like the fact that you can break out into different rooms it's just perfect for remote and in office work

CONS

I don't have any complaints about it because it pretty much covers the full spectrum of everything you need at work

Gina

Higher Education, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed July 2019

Great concept, needs some work

We are much more able to organize our team documents, have chat messages (with history) that we can use to communicate more effectively (instead of searching through email inboxes/folders). If they could make it so that we can have more than one tool, document, chat, etc open at a time - it would be much more useful and functional for our needs.

PROS

What I like most about this software is the ability to have a team site where you can communicate with members of the team and store/share documentation. I like that we can create a "meeting" with notes/tasks, etc within it. I work on many different projects and we are using the "Teams" sites as a way to organize our documentation for each project - have meetings that contain our notes- have team chats and even a "board" for posting items on that the whole team can view and comment on. The biggest advantage comes with the fact that we have many people working remotely and this way everything can continue as if everyone is on site.

CONS

The most frustrating part of this software is the fact that it is a single window only- you cannot open more than one item at a time. So, if I am in the middle of editing a document and someone sends me a chat message- I have to exit the document to look at the chat message (and respond) then go back into the Teams file folders and traverse back to the specific document location (because it reverts back to the main page) and once I find the correct document again- I have to re-open it to continue (unless I am editing it outside of the Teams app - which I do sometimes for this very reason). This makes it very confusing to keep track of what I was doing - I end up waiting to check a chat message until I am able to reach some point in my editing that is a logical place to save and stop. Which then kind of negates the whole timeliness advantage of using a chat over email.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Teams

We were trying to use SharePoint on its own for document organization prior to this, but we had not chat or meeting capabilities. Since SharePoint is a part of this tool, it made the transition easier.

Joel

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2019

True Seamlesss Multi-Platform Collaboration

We are a group of a dozen people across North America and expecting to grow to multiple countries in the next year. We use the group chat and video chats as a way to "walk to someone's desk" or "peek over the cubicle wall".

PROS

Proper and correct syncing between multiple platforms is by far the best feature. It looks, works, and keeps track of current conversations regardless of the platform. Ability to take notes and/or schedule notes within a meeting or group chat is very valuable. All of these files are kept in sync regardless of the platform, and this syncing is seamless. The fact that all of this is integrated fully into the rest of our Office365 package means we don't have to have multiple apps or worry that a plugin won't be supported.

CONS

What we have like least is currently in development by Microsoft. At the moment, we cannot undock a video chat window from the regular chats. We also cannot have multiple chat windows going. It would be great to be able to continue a live video conference and have a chat window on another part of the screen or use the whiteboard or note taking features all at the same time.

Reason for choosing Microsoft Teams

Previously my team had experience with several "competing" software products. When one of us goes on a walk, answers some messages, and then transfers back to their desk, the Skype for Business desktop app was missing parts or all of the conversation. Switching between phone, tablet, and desktop was problematic. Spark Server with Ignite and other XMPP clients required significant custom plugins and custom development that we would have had to maintain. Other solutions like Slack of Google Hangouts had a higher price point and offered less than what we needed, as well as less professional appearing.

Alain

Oil & Energy, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed September 2020

The better business tool for communication and collaboration

While Teams wasn't always a smooth ride, I've seen Microsoft make some pretty great changes in recent months to improve the user experience. Even something as simple as being able to make a chat window pop out of frame was a big deal for me in terms of being able to multitask.

PROS

I love that Teams ties in with the Microsoft Office suite and Sharepoint. It allows mulitple users the ability to edit and share a document simultaneously, while having a call or sent messages back and fourth, all without having to leave the tool. There's also a built-in calendar and task manager, so collaboration and accountability have a high level of visibility for the userbase. Managing user accesses is also a breeze.

CONS

My biggest gripe: File management can be a NIGHTMARE. I'd love to see some work done by Microsoft to make it easier to find previously shared items. If you lose track of which conversation thread you shared a file in, finding it can be a lot of effort, involving retracing multiple steps. If there was a better/quicker way to search for shared items, it would be awesome.

Reason for choosing Microsoft Teams

As a fully Microsoft-entrenched business, it just makes sense to keep our products in the fold. Especially products as robust and important as Teams.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Teams

Skype for business worked well enough, but Teams can do everything Skype can, plus so much more.

Youssef

Information Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2021

A good communication tool with a lot of potential

We've been using Microsoft Teams for a while now in our work environment and it helped us communicate better internally by dividing the communication into different channels. We can make a call and join calls instantly.

PROS

Teams isn't just a videoconferencing tool, it's a collaboration software where you can have multiple teams and channels and have a discussion about each project separately.

CONS

Guests joining from outside your organization have some trouble to join, not very user friendly compared to other similar tools. Sometimes the software has issues on Mac computers.

Reason for choosing Microsoft Teams

Microsoft teams is better for internal communications, there is no maximum time of a call and the price is paid as part of our Microsoft office 365 suite.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Teams

Skype for Business wasn't very user friendly and lacked a lot of features. Teams has a lot more functionality and is more of a collaboration tool than skype

Zakaria

Accounting, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed December 2021

Microsoft Teams Improves Communication and Helps Build Teams that Enhance Productivity

I accept we've been utilizing the most recent forms of the arrangement. We use whichever adaptation is pushed out with Office 365. I would suggest the item. It works with everything. I have an iPad Pro, I have an iPhone, I have my PC. It's introduced on each of the three gadgets. It works perfectly. I'd rate the arrangement eight out of ten, basically on the grounds that there are a couple of things the arrangement actually needs to enhance.

PROS

Permits you to set up groups for explicit tasks just as a group for the whole office to keep everybody in touch. A disregarded capacity is the capacity to look through anything inside Microsoft Teams. Any photograph, report, or talk can be looked and found pretty without any problem. I can't perceive you how frequently this has saved me from reworking something or begin once again.

CONS

Video quality was shaky on occasion yet may have been an impression of association speeds more than of the abilities of Teams. Need a more instinctive method for organizing the Calendar work in Teams with outer schedules so you don't need to facilitate between a few distinct schedules.

Reason for choosing Microsoft Teams

Microsoft Teams is utilized, for our situation, to team up with every inward worker, to chip away at offering a few recommendations, and to cooperate online on records in Word and Excel. We generally use it to team up on the web and to have video gatherings with clients. We can coordinate SharePoint destinations with others. We have libraries that are accessible inside Teams so that individuals can match up those libraries to their nearby drives and subsequently will have the most exceptional data and archives available to them.

Terrena

Environmental Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Great application! Wish it had a few bugs worked out.

I enjoy using this product but will enjoy it more when the bugs are worked out.

PROS

I love that I can create different chats with different people. I can create different groups as well. I can upload emails into a teams channel for discussion with whomever I add to the channel. I like that everything is right in front of me to read and go back to when I need it. The feature my boss loves the most is video chatting.

CONS

When I have to search for something or go back a little way, my app completely shuts down every time. I don't even use the function anymore, So I have to scroll the whole time. I wish it had reminders on each of the messages like Slack does.

Reason for choosing Microsoft Teams

IT was cheaper and did more of what we wanted it to.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Teams

We had to pay for Slack to have the ability to do video calls.

Gayathri

Computer Software, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed September 2021

Teams - Simple yet Powerful !

I have been using this for the past 4 years. My favorite collaboration application would be the Teams. It's one level above skype application, in terms of ease of use. Its more intuitive, powerful and easy to handle. It has all the feature needed to use and manage a team/organization.

PROS

The UI color balance. It's more professional and intuitive. I would say, it's the best for office use. It overtook skype in the market and it comes with the microsoft suite, which is an added advantage.

CONS

I really don't have anything much to say. I throughly enjoyed using this product on the whole.

Reason for choosing Microsoft Teams

Because it's from Microsoft. It can easily blend with all the microsoft products.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Teams

My organization was completele using all microsoft tools. Hence I wanted to switch from skype to Teams. And also, it was new to the market. I feel, it's more about the ease of use.

Alex

Construction, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Improve inner company communication and focus email on external communications

Previous to using Teams most of our inner company communication was done via email, which lead to the every user have large mailbox sizes. It was this abundance of inner company emails, a lot of times with files attached, that lead to the death of our old Exchange email server and the migration to Exchange 365. Since Teams was included with our Office 365 subscription I made a push to get people to try it out. Once we over came the initial push back our employees started to realize the benefits of having a dedicated program for inner office communication. Eventually this started branching out to utilizing the collaboration and meetings features of the program. Teams has presented us with a cheap solution to many of our company's communication and collaboration issues and the adaption of it has definitely lessened the impact that new working conditions imposed by the pandemic has had on our company.

PROS

The chat feature is a excellent alternative to using email for inner company communication. Text conversations are much more readable than long email chains, and the option to have voice, video, screen sharing and file sharing all in one place has made inner company communication much easier.

CONS

The 'Teams' themselves are not as intuitive as they could be and it has taken longer to get our employees to buy into them as a means of collaboration and communication compared to chat. Looking through old conversations is cumbersome and finding old discussion topics is not as ease as email. While a word search is available it only will display a single message when a result is click without the additional context of surrounding messages. More options for viewing a searching old conversations would be extremely useful. The desktop Teams app uses a lot of RAM, older computers with less than 16GB might struggle to run it and other programs, which defeats the purpose of the application if it is not available all the time.

Reason for choosing Microsoft Teams

While one of our company's departments experiment with Slack we ultimately chose Teams since it was included with a service we were already purchasing from Microsoft.

Jonathan

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2021

Probably switching to Slack and Zoom

Microsoft Teams does a good job. I don't want it to sound all negative, when it is a good videoconferencing solution. But, the User interface can feel a bit overwhelming, and the fact that Zoom is much more widely adopted, ultimately means that I'm likely going to switch back to Zoom, as I feel that they have done a good job of fixing the security holes that led us to switch over to Teams in the first place.

PROS

It's handy to have a software that is connected to my email provider, and it's relatively simple to use. We originally made this switch due to privacy concerns with Zoom, and it does carry out most of the functionality we need at least internally. I do like that the default video quality is 1080p, and the number one reason for switching over from Zoom was security concerns, which Microsoft definitely does a fantastic job of. Microsoft Teams is more secure than Zoom.

CONS

It's not as widely adopted as Zoom, and so I find myself ending up using both softwares, one for internal organization and one for the public, and that ends up being inefficient and inconvenient. I also find that Zoom is a simpler interface to use. Microsoft teams has so many different features and options that it can almost feel overwhelming. A lot of functionality seems like it ends up being an overpowered software for what we need.

Reason for choosing Microsoft Teams

They had the best combination of security and functionality, at the time we were making the switch.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Teams

Primarily because of security concerns with Zoom.

Carlos

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed January 2022

Microsoft Teams Collaboration Platform

Microsoft Teams is a very powerful tool that gives you a high level of integrity with office tools and becomes a strong collaboration tool when combined with the different apps that permit more interaction between teams of work.

PROS

Integration is one of the most remarcable featureas as it has a great interface with Office365, AD and other Microsoft Apps and Products.

CONS

External collaborators are not familiar with it and commonly have problems by installing or using it if it is not their corporate platform.

Reason for choosing Microsoft Teams

The level of integration with other Microsoft products.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Teams

Intregration to Office365 and other products such as PowerBI made the difference.

Goran