(14,356)

14,356

(4,955)

4,955

• Pros

• "Very easy to use and awesome product. Love that I can add my own emojis lol and all of the integrations make life easier"

• "This software is so great I can connect to other organization when I starting used this tool. Ease of use and impressive."

• "I love that you can create you group chat or a channel. I love that it integrates with a million other products. I love this tool. "

• Cons

• "Slack is easy to use but it deletes messages after 10K"

• "This software is great overall, but it seems a little disorganized since everything is communicated in a chat format."

• "The gid keyboard feature, while fun, is hard to navigate. "

Browse Slack Reviews

Showing -49 - 0 of 20363 results

Brent W from Wagento Creative LLC

The communication tool you can't do without

Slack has improved our communication workflow with our team and improved the way we interact with clients. It allows for multiple language to be spoken by using some translation tools, thus including more staff and especially non-english speaking staff.

Pros

Slack is a great collaborative software that helps users to collaborate across cities, countries, and timezones. It is a crucial part of our project workflow and helps to let developers, project managers, and clients speak to each other in a collaborative enviroment. It has numerous integrations that allow for third-party apps to interact, create, and receive messages and alerts. These integrations allow us to have one place in which all communications can flow and makes it easier for a worldwide team to be up on the latest updates and critical alerts that may happen.

Cons

The slack tool can be a little battery intensive, especially as you add more slack channels. It also gets quite expensive as you add additional paid members to the group. If you are not aware of all your paid members, or you add guests as paid it can get very expensive quickly. Because this is a discussion, it is also possible that critical conversations can get lost in the stream of texts coming through.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

The number of integrations, ease of use, system platforms available. (i.e. Linux, Mac etc)

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Skype was not meeting our collaboration needs and did not work well on the mac

Travis from Griswold & Griswold

Mostly perfect

Slack has been fantastic for keeping our remote workforce connected, fostering a sense of community within our organization, and freeing up our inbox for more important items. There have been a few quirks over the years, but the UI changes have been mostly positive. It seems like the platform is constantly improving with features that are actually useful instead of features for the sake of adding new features.

Pros

Slack Connect is great for facilitating efficient communication with partner businesses, vendors, and clients. Slack was already a vital part of our business and the ability to connect with other organizations on Slack cuts down on email significantly.

Cons

My only complaint with Slack at the moment is that Slack Connect conversations are placed at the top of the conversation list, even above starred conversations. Internal communication is more important to me and not having an option to place conversations with outside organizations below the ones I've determined are most important is an annoyance.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

We made the switch from chatting through Hangouts to Slack because our office went from being all in the same building to scattered across the country. We needed a more robust platform to maintain the level of communication required to have a functioning business.

Chaya from Scienter Technologies (Pte) Ltd

Slack – Managing projects optimally

Slack is a tool which can be used as a project management tool for managing projects and also it can be used for internal communication inside a project group or a company. Each project group can have its own channels inside the company workspace. Communication through private and public channels has made Slack more popular among the users.

Pros

Slack can be considered as a project management tool. Slack provides both mobile version and desktop version applications where the mobile version is installed in the mobile phone so that whatever may be the situation user may not miss any important information about the project instantly. While the desktop version helps to transfer files of the working project easily while working on the project. Slack provides the facility to share the files, folders, audio and video clips, links. there are private and public channels in slack. Users can be added to these channels and if the users prefer they can have their own personal chats through slack. The emojis, stickers, GIF are also added In Slack to provide better user experience and attract the users with its familiar look to most of the social media or texting apps.

Cons

In order to use Slack users need to have a proper network connection. Without proper network coverage, Slack won’t work. Sometimes messages won’t be delivered to the other side after a selected time(10 PM). Unless the user sets his or her state into active user won’t receive notifications after 10 pm. If the state is away then the messages sent after 10 pm won’t be delivered till the next morning. Because of this sometimes users may miss some important messages. It is both an advantage and a disadvantage too. There is no mechanism to know whether the receiver read the message or not once a message is sent. The sender has to wait until other messages come from the receiver acknowledging that the receiver read the message.

Eric R. from NEON ID

Slack is the solution for internal communication and collaboration

Slack helps our team stay coordinated, interact in a timely manner, and track information in channels that provide context.

Pros

Slack's ease of use and understanding it paramount. While I find Teams to be over-extending itself into the Office world, Slack is just about making sure you can keep communication clear, timely and open. The ability to shift between private DMs, open channels, and private channels nicely delineates the way you can manage communication across a team. We use Slack for all internal communication, relegating email to external comms, which works really well.

Cons

The channels can overwhelm casual users at times. While the system tries to clean things up with suggestions, I think Slack should do more intentional hiding of under-used channels to keep it clean.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

Teams is too Microsofty, which is not a company we like much. Hipchat was too weak and got shut down eventually. Slack is the real deal - a key part of high-energy and performance work cultures. I cannot imagine startups running without it.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Slack is smarter and has all of these amazing plugins.

Brandon from Hamilton Company

Industry: Biotechnology

The Best Instant/Group Messaging Platform on the Market

Slack is great at keeping people connected across companies and geographies. I use it both personally and professionally, and I it would be difficult to imagine not using it.

Pros

At least from my perspective, Slack pioneered the modern chat/channel communication platform and it offers the best and fastest experience. I love the seamlessness of switching from chats to channels and finding the thread I need at the moment I need it.

Cons

Unfortunately for me, I work in a Microsoft dominated company that will only pay for MS Teams. If Slack were a clear bargain, I might have a case to get them to switch. However, the paid versions of Slack are a decent chunk of change. That has meant that those of us who like to use Slack must do so on a free account.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

Slack has a superior user experience.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Skype for Business was a horribly supported platform after it was acquired by Microsoft.

Floyd from Granted Consulting

Slack - still great

Particularly great during pandemic - we can run all our internal comms via Slack, with external still primarily on email.

Pros

Really easy to use, threads, all the stuff I need in 1 place and a great search function as well. Its particularly excellent for having multiple companies going in there which I need

Cons

The primary gripe is that we'd have to upgrade to save messages beyond a certain date, which is annoying and a hard decision cause you mostly dont need those messages either, just sometimes. That and the limit on file sharing and storing unless you upgrade as well. Lastly, files aren't as easy to manage in 1 place, split by type. Teams is a bit better at that specifically

Reasons for Choosing Slack

Teams is so clunky and hard to navigate. Way too many folders and options and overlapping chat boxes. Just not as streamlined/friendly UX

Allen from Premier Spine and Sport Rehabilitation & Wellness

Easy and versatile communication software

Overall it's been very convenient to share files, tasks, separate conversations into different channels as not to dilute the conversation.

Pros

I just started using this as I grew my team overseas and needed a central place for organized conversations to occur. I moved from Google Chat to Slack because it was alot more powerful as far as file sharing, organization of topics and integrations.

Cons

I wish it has a way to record and send voice messages (like what's app and other chat software). Sometimes there is a concept that is better and easier explained through voice than typing and for that I often WhatsApp message my employees, which takes that conversation to a different platform.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

I already use Asana, but the conversation in Asana is limited to within an existing project, but doesn't allow for free exchange of ideas that don't have a project.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Chat did not allow to organize conversations, it was more of a simple chat software.

Keziah from YFPA

Reliable communication Software

I love Slack and I recommend it to everyone as long as you have great and stable internet you are good to go. It's super organized and fun.

Pros

What I like most about slack is that it is very sure and any data shared on this platform is very safe. Slack allows one to communicate to a bunch of people and at the same time, it helps you organize your conversations through the channel feature. I also like how easily slack integrates with other software.

Cons

what I least like about slack is that the free version comes with a lot less storage space but depending on your organization and the channels you are in. space can be manageable.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Slack makes it easy for us to track and manage projects: know who is to do what, thus we can hold the right person accountable when something is not right.

Anastasia from Dashly

Very good team collaboration tool

I use it now as a team collaboration tool. I like its bots and reminders most of all.

Pros

I love its mention functionality as well as channel customization and bots. It is easy to use in terms of interface

Cons

The limit of data storage and messages that disappear during some time. It is easy to lost important info.

It is used by my team

Reasons for Switching to Slack

I joined a new team that used Slack for this goal (team collaboration)

Best multi-platform Collaboration tool

Great for small team or larger organisations groups communications. Increases productivity of the team.

Pros

The user experience for collaboration is great. Modern chatting and communication options. Ease of use. Easy to learn.

Cons

Not the best when it comes to voice and video collaboration options.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

Pricing and stand alone software.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Slack was much more completely collaboration tool for group chatting.

Darien from Gateway Alliance Church

A great free product with a high cost of entry

Slack is a great free platform for team collaboration and communication, that really helps simplify our communication process. While it has some issues, overall the free tier offers a great option for any team looking to improve their communications.

Pros

Slack creates a simple & powerful interface for inter-team communication, allowing for simplified communications that move beyond emails & facebook messages by creating a secure platform for teams. Slacks best features are perhaps the ability to setup channels (which allows for very focussed spaces dealing with a particular topic), and the ability to reply to individual messages in a thread. Channels help keep my teams focussed and on topic, while also providing a space for random chatter (in our "Random" channel), while threads help keep channels from turning into a brutally long, confusing message thread. That paired with the ability to "react" to messages with emoji's, share individual messages with a specific individual, create private or public channels, and send group messages to team members, this platform helps create a simple space for teams to collaborate and communicate in a way that feels more natural than text threads, facebook messages, or emails.

Cons

Slack is a great platform, but can be a bit confusing to administrate on the back-end, or confusing to new users. Setting people up for success on Slack can take a bit of time; as there is a learning curve for tech illiterate people. Perhaps the most difficult issue with Slack however is in managing team members who do not check Slack frequently. Simple notifications (via email, text etc) for @channel, @everyone or @specific_user would be beneficial, as it would help eliminate some of these issues. Supposedly, Slack offers email notifications, however in all my testing I've never been able to get it to work properly, and it is something that team members need to setup on their own - it is not something that can be set across the workspace & then opted out of by team members.

Simple and easy to use with intuitive designs

I'm very happy with my overall experience with Slack and it has all the features you wish you had in communication software. After we started using Slack, the number of emails exchanged had decreased because we can always refer back to the old message within slack by using search. It has a customizable notification setting so that you can pay most attention to what's most important to you, which is a great feature when you have dozens of channels that you belong to.

Pros

It is very intuitively designed and you can start using this software from day one without much of a learning curve. You don't have to be a tech person to get it started. I like the feature like being able to send codes/commands in a differentiated text (framed with red color etc) and directing message in a large chat group by using "@", or copy and pasting older message, etc.. those are all very practical features that I use often. I also like the mobile app version which allows me to be connected even when I'm away from my computer. I also like the reminder feature which I set up for recurring meetings or just as my personal reminder.

Cons

It seems like they do have a service interruption a couple of times a year. When the entire company is relying on slack for internal communication, the service outage stops our operation (although we use google chat for a backup during those outages). Also, image loading via mobile app seems to take quite a long time even with a stable network.

Shane from Jellyfish

Slack Recomendation

- Slack has definitely improved my productivity and made communication much more effective. This applies to the whole organization at scale to. - Since we migrated to Slack as an organization, majority if not all the user's in our company have adapted well to Slack. Overall it is a success as Slack is a really powerful communication & collaboration software package. - It provides functionality and can replace email, text & instant messaging. It syncs all data on it's web, desktop & mobile apps. This allows for communication/collaboration on the go - literally anywhere - anytime!

Pros

- Allows superb enterprise-level communication. - Integrates with other software seamlessly and allows productivity to be maximized. - Allows simple tasks/interactions to be automated - which ultimately saves time per user & organization. - Great user interface on desktop, web & mobile app. - Lots of functionality available - in terms of user groups/channels.

Cons

- Initially, it takes some time to get used to fully. Although eventually its worth getting used to! - It doesn't work perfectly on slow wi-fi but that's understandable and area dependant. - Doesn't show user/contact last seen as it time specific. - If you have alot of groups/channels you can possibly miss priority messages if your settings are not adjusted to bring messages to the top. Although this can be customised to your liking and only is a problem initially.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

- Slack has proved to add value to organization's especially fast paced tech companies. It offers functionality that can cover almost every use case in terms of communication & collaboration. It has also improved over time and innovation is always something that is being implemented.

Dulce from R&R Law Group

Best app for messaging!

Slack is very fun to use and easy to get used to. I think every company should use it. It’s also very private so only people within the company have access to message you. External users cannot find you or message you. Great software overall!

Pros

This app is very easy to get used to and it’s very customizable. You can choose a color theme or create your own and manage which channels you want muted or you got want to receive notifications. I also love that they have an mobile app, a desktop app or you can use the web browser to login. It’s a great way to communicate with colleagues 1:1 or by group chats (channels). You can also generate polls or gifs in the chat bar, respond to messages in a thread to not overflow the chat with responses and react to messages with emojis. I love it. I’ve used it for years!

Cons

Every so often the software does have issues. It’s happened maybe once or twice a year where it crashes for a couple of hours and messages cannot be sent. I think it has to do with the server or something but it usually resolves pretty quickly.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Jabber was reliable but very outdated. Felt like I was stuck in the 90’s chatting on AOL or messenger. It doesn’t have half the functionality that Slack has.

Tom from Hyperkin, Inc.

Industry: Wholesale

Best Task Management

Overall I am content with Slack. Comparing to the previous ones we have tried using, Slack definitely kept all of us on the same page when it comes to the progress of a project. There's no confusion or misunderstanding. Slack makes everything transparent for me and my team. Before we use Basecamp, Asana, just to name a few. After years of trials and error, Slack works the best for me and my organization.

Pros

Personally for myself, as a manager who is too busy to follow-up and check on my staff's progress. Slack has been very helpful in allowing my staff to update the board without me having to reach out. I just log on daily to see the progress of my team on an easy to view dashboard.

Cons

Sorting & Filtering old projects - Perhaps maybe achieve old projects I no longer need to view. It can be quite a clutter to see a project that was discuss 2 years ago. Its not a big deal since the project are able to have old ones at the bottom.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

So far, Slack has eliminate the issue with users not knowing there's an update. The slack app helps alot when users get notification via the app on their phone. Responses are done immediately without having to worry we would miss a delayed question.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Some function was too complicated for some staff to use. We had staff not replying to others due to some technical issue where they didn't see the notification of the update. And this delayed responses that needed a reply.

Selcuk from Sycamore Informatics

Mostly reponses what a company needs but some improvement need in product

Overall it is fine. I enjoy the product. I would be happier with the features I mentioned above.

Pros

Useful, have a lot of features, making video calls, file sharing, adding bots etc. Product supported in variety of platforms, which is nice! Macos, Windows, Linux, IOS, Android, and Web.

Cons

First of all, the product uses a lot of computer resources, which makes computer really slow. Especially having GIF emoji's in chat, even if the product in the background, uses a lot of CPU resource. Second problem is about the video chatting. I started my job with an old Macbook, which is fine for most of the time. However, if I would want to make a video call/meeting with someone over slack, it is almost impossible to interact with my computer. I do remember myself asking the person that I'm talking, lets switch to Google Meet and continue from there, since I can't show what I need to show on my screen. Third one also related to video chatting, drawing to someone else's screen is really good feature, I like it, but if the person you are drawing in their screen Zoomed in their Slack Messages, lines are not properly drawen in their screen. Slack dev team should calibrate that. About getting calls, it rings all devices that you have logged in at the same time, which is annoying. there should be a feature, "Last/Mainly used device should ring first, if there is no answer, other devices can ring after 10 seconds or something." Because sometimes I even answer my call from my computer, but my personal computer still ringing, and the person who is calling me, also annoyed by that loud ring tone coming from my other computer.

Souhil from OBUYZ Store

The perfect Team Collaboration Tool

I really like Slack, and it saved me a lot of money and time because I have an online business and now I really don't need to have a real-life office to run my business and stay organized with the team I just use Slack with other tools Slack support and that's it, It's perfect for everyone especially small businesses like mine. I use Slack daily and I will keep using it because I think it's the best tool for me and for my team and I really don't need to use another one because I can do everything I want with Slack and I know the team behind it is trying to do their best to improve it and add more useful and powerful features to help us stay organized.

Pros

It's a very cheap and easy to use tool with a friendly user interface and I can change it to a dark theme which I like a lot. I like the chat option because I can send and receive real-time messages and chat with my team directly and the Slack messaging app is very powerful and amazing. I also like the emojis and gifs in the chat because it brings a lot of fun to the workspace. I feel very safe using Slack because they have a strong security system and I don't need to worry about the safety of my files when I share them. It helped me to save a lot of time and to stay organized and have all my projects in just one place and I really don't need to use other tools to do this. I really don't need to train my VA's to use Slack because some of them used it before and some they find it very easy to use and they get used to it in just a few days. I improved my productivity and now I don't need to waste any time because Slack helped me and the Team to developed focused channels and to focus on what's important for the company and for the business in general. I love the integration option Slack has because I can use it with multi-useful tools now for example Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Calendar, Zoom, Trello...etc. Their support is amazing and they have a lot of videos and tutorials about these tools and I learned a lot from them.

Cons

They can improve the mobile app and add more cool features in the future. They can Improve the search feature because sometimes It's really hard to find something especially if the workspace is big and there are many channels. They can add a video chat feature to this tool because a lot of companies now are using the video option in other tools for better communication.

Karen from Spider Wall Systems, Inc.

Great team tool

Easier communication, daily reports are put on Slack for all jobs. Using Slack has meant administrative folks having access to files more quickly and field personnel having to make fewer trips to the office with paper forms.

Pros

Slack enables our team to submit reports quickly and easily. They can also take pictures of potential issues at jobsites and send those to individuals or to a group with ease. Slack Bot can help with reminders, tasks and scheduling and is a great resource. Part of our setup process for any new project is to set up a slack channel for the project and assign users to that channel. It is a great messaging software that can be used for so much more. It is so much better than sending a group text and causing everyone's phone to blow up. Highly recommend Slack.

Cons

I have never seen a way to search within channels for an item I may be trying to find. Having a way to search would help. I have a pretty good memory for a time frame of when something occurred so as it is now, I look for something by when I think it was put in Slack.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

Slack was actually being used by our IT company. They came to the office to do some work for us and made notes about what they had done in a channel they created for our company. In this way all of the techs were able to keep with what had been done by the last tech and also to keep up with any ongoing issues we might be having. I quickly saw the value in how it could be used for our business and downloaded the app.

Matt from Logan City School District

Great communication tool

We have loved it. It has become the primary (almost exclusive) means of intra-department communication for our IT team.

Pros

I love pretty much everything about Slack. I love the ability to easily create new private and public channels; the ability to create conversation threads; the ability to pin comments; the huge selection of app integrations; the customizable Slackbot responses (we have had a lot of fun with this one); dark mode; the ability to quickly and easily share files with other members of the Slack workspace; the awesome Slack call feature; the ability to quickly access multiple Slack workspaces by adding them to the left sidebar; the native rich-text editor for enriching comments (including the code block option, which has been hugely useful for us); and the ease of management. We have found Slack to be a tremendously useful communication and collaboration tool for our organization.

Cons

I don't have a lot of complaints about Slack. One small annoyance is the truncated "Direct messages" list on the left side. This list displays team members to whom you have recently sent a direct message. However, it would be more useful if it was just a scrolling list of ALL team members (alphabetized), maybe even with a quick search box at the top, so you could quickly send a direct message to anyone on the team, and not just those with whom you have had a recent direct message conversation. That's really it in terms of cons. It is a great tool that has become indispensable for us.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

It just seemed to be a much more robust solution, with a vast set of features that we love, such as the ability to tie into other applications we use. Also, the interface is much more intuitive, and communication feels more efficient.

Hamid from The Linus Group, Inc.

Industry: Market Research

Slack is the answer to Email's poor usability

In one word, Slack is excellent. It makes work fun, lively, dynamic, transparent and much more real-time. Even though our team is fully remote, we can feel connected because of the communications and collaborations tools that Slack provides.

Pros

Our team adopted Slack in preparation of becoming a fully virtual, distributed company, and also as an alternative to email, which creates blind spots of knowledge within the organization. Our work has been completely transformed by adopting Slack! First, we had 100% adoption of the platform as our primary internal communications medium. Second, the transparency of information and project cycles have allowed us to be far more efficient and effective for our clients (response times, clarity of recommendations, deliverables), and finally, it has eliminated about 50% - 75% of our daily emails. A massive win!

Cons

While Slack has several tools for tagging information and prioritizing information, it provides limited tools for prioritization. While it's primarily a communications/collaborations platform and not a project management tool, adding ability to better prioritize certain tasks would help make this tool even more effective for a professional services company.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

Ease and adoption. People started using Slack naturally, even during a trial period.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Workamajig is too rigid and too outdated, and not nearly as nimble.

Marie from Mechanix Wear LLC

Slack keeps us together

Over the past 2 years of using Slack I have come to really like it. I like that it is customizable. I can choose to only alert me during my chosen work hours and I can extend or shorten those times as needed. I can express who I am and let my coworkers know a little about me (or not) by having a picture for my profile.

Pros

Working from home can make training a new employee difficult, but with Slack we have been able to be successful. Slack provides us the ability to share screens and use the the draw feature to point out important items. We are also able to get the team all on the same call for collaboration and even to socialize. Slack lessens the feeling of isolation from everyone having to be in a different location instead of all being in the office together.

Cons

The only feature that I would like changed is that when looking at an attachment and I choose to enlarge it, I have to maximize Slack's window in order to see it full size. I would like the attachment to enlarge outside of Slack's window size.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Slack has additional features needed for collaboration outside of the office setting.

George from Blaz Inc

Slack is not Slacking for your Business

We believe Slack deserves a 9/10. There is more interaction on this platform than any other platform I am apart of! Wish they had fixed the group call features better! Maybe an investment in cloud?

Pros

Slack gives users and business the ability to communicate on a platform that doesn't feel to formal like Microsoft teams and it great for the Gen Z/ Mellinial generation of workers. This is importanat because I believe flow of work is also correlated to work habbits. The user experience is flawless for chat and it also create the ability to easily make channels with persmissions like flipping light switch.

Cons

I think one of the cringiest problems with slack is the inability of having a lightweight screenshare and the ability to not have dropped calls. There are many scenarios where we had clients or even our own team meetings struggling to have everyone on the call in sync. It has been a pain so we ended up using Zoom for group calls. We wish Slack didn't have this problem in the first place.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

Costs! Too expensive and no need to have Office 365 for every member of the organization.

Luke from Graphic Alliance

I sometimes wonder how collaboration worked before Slack

I find it hard to remember life before Slack. We all worked in a single open plan office but, like most offices, still communicated predominantly from our desks. Our go to IM tool was Skype and it was an easy way for conversations to get siloed. Slack brought those conversations out into the open, made them discoverable and brought in automations to make them richer. If you're debating whether to use Skype or Slack there really is no contest. I'd also suggest it outperforms Teams and other competing collaboration and instant messaging tools for it's deep integrations.

Pros

Real-time instant messaging, file sharing and integrations with key apps that automate important proceses mean a high percentage of tasks can be managed all in one place.

Cons

Threads are often difficult to keep track of. Slack has done its best to elevate Threads but I still find myself missing things when people don't @ mention me.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

Better integrations, better interface, more automations, better suited to a creative/tech environment

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Skype made conversations difficult to discover and groups were transient forcing you to recreate those groups over and over again. It also had no integrations and automations of value to us.

John from Renu Energy Solutions

There's Everything Else, Then There's SLACK

We were having to find a way of maintaining connectivity as the company went into a fully remote work environment. Prior to COVID 19 we were heavily dependent on in person communication to get tasks completed and communication organized. Post COVID we've actually increase our productivity in task completion and maintained or increased out teams communication and morale through the features of Slack. Without it out company would certainly have had a bigger negative impact from COVID, now we're not just surviving, we're thriving!

Pros

Mobile and desktop notifications, specific channels to tailor communication based on the audience, having a log history to lock back on, easily sharing files, integrations that make workflows easy, increasing productivity and connectivity with remote teams, creating a culture that cares

Cons

Nothing overly stands out as something that isn't to like. There's so many customizations and personalized controls that give the users the level of interaction that they want and need. Slack continues to set the bar.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

Slack was out of the box the easier adoption.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Better integrations, easier access to contacts and more personalized controls per user.

Jamie from Base2 Solutions, a Belcan Company

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Great for DevOps Teams, Project Teams, and School Users

I have used Slack as both a student and worker. As a student, Slack was incredibly important for our classes to stay on top of assignments, changes, team work, and basic communication. The university's email server constantly had issues. Slacks mobile app, local device app, and availability via web made schoolwork and school projects so easy to stay on top of. As a systems administrator, Slack's ease of use and functionality have proven invaluable. We utilize Slack for project management, systems reporting via API calls, scheduled messages, communication with our consultants on client sites that are within a secure VPN, as well as employee engagement. While we used Slack as an employee engagement tool prior to the 2020 plague, it has become even more valuable with it's trivia, polls, and the number of channels we have created to help with the strain of not seeing another human being for months at a time in some cases. For instance, we use channels for word games, posting pics of pets, posting pics of office setups, etc. It has proven a life saver. The only gripe I have about slack is the Security offerings being tide to pay structures. We used Google Suite and chose Slack based on their ability to use GoogleSSO. However, we were recently acquired and had to discontinue our use of Slack, which meant no more Google SSO. Our bill would have doubled in order to configure SSO or SAML Authentication. Unfortunately, due to this, we will be losing Slack next year.

Pros

-Ability to integrate chatbots with API calls for reporting -Ability to collaborate with team members -Ability to use from beginner level and on -Ability to review old messages from departed users -Great for students to collaborate and learn with -Customer Service

Cons

-SSO is only offered at lower paying tiers and it has to be with Google -SAML Auth/SSO using other vendors is only available with higher paying tiers

Finn from Banking

Easy software for managing various team related activities, free version comes with limited feature

Very easy to use app and quite a life saver when it comes to various team internal activities. However, the features included in the free version are quite limited and the price for the full version can easily be considered too much especially for startups, smaller companies or very big teams. All in all, I believe that Slack is a good and really useful app but it´s value, what you get for the money you spend could still be improved.

Pros

Possibility to have 1:1 discussions with colleagues. Valuable when dealing with a task together. Group Collaboration - The capability to bring an undertaking together and share with a team. Gathering Chat - The ability to have one zone/space where the group teams up, shares thoughts, and cooperates to convey issues. Bot Integration - The ability to incorporate different apparatuses and bots that can make the day simpler. Capacity to integrate web conferencing devices such as Zoom, Webex, Teams etc. Able to make plans for the day, track time, and so on Oversee a Team - Great approach to deal with a group that is working distantly in remotely geographic areas. I am especially fond of how easy and respectful the communication with other team members is. Practically all different Saas suppliers are integrated which permits the user to do practically all activities inside the Slack. The Advanced Search History is another extraordinary component for group correspondence Channels are keeping correspondence simpler inside the team or with non-team members.

Cons

Some of the time the ´´Search in History´´ function does not work as it is supposed to. However, this is the case with most visiting instruments that occasionally you have to look up one small step at a time to discover the set of experiences you are searching for. Video and voice meeting actually need to improve. anticipating utilizing Slack just as opposed to having different programming introduced The by far greatest limitation of the app is that the free version has a constraint of messages that can be saved, which incorporates the documents that are sent. Slack's paid arrangement is extravagant for new companies and organizations having low income/large groups.

Frankline from Equity Bank Kenya

PERFECT BRIDGE BETWEEN AGENCY AND WORKERS

Slack qualifies to be the best collaboration tool of our generation with users navigating the app with quite a lot of ease. The experience at large is very positive and with such competitive prices, indeed there lies infinite potential with slack. It offers several intergrations iclusive of outlook and zoom among other essential plugins.

Pros

As a messenger app, the basic functions enabling communications are on a perfect edge with a simple, precise interface very easy to navigate. The search option comes in as a plus as you are able to trace your target messaage on a long thread with simple typing of words on the search bar. With slack, we are able to share files with quite a lot of ease and now with the IRC style, we can separate the conversation threads in the presence of multiple members in a team to set up off-topic discussions.

Cons

When sharing your screen with another team or individual, you have to go back to the initial chat to send a message, I would prefer this being done from the same UI of the screen-share. Also the limitation to the number of users attending a video conference does not confer with large organisations such as ours.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Inavailability of notification alerts for meetings made it unreliable.

Matthew from Galactic liquidators llc

Staying on the same page is important

Slack really helps my employees stay on the same page but only if they use it. Sometimes I need to remind them to use it. It definitely helps keep people informed of current events at the company.

Pros

What I like most is that slack is incredibly customizable. If you can think of a thing that needs to be done in the workplace slack has an implementation of it. Keeps everyone on the same page

Cons

Notifications can get out of control without setting up when you want to be notified. If you sign up for the free plan it doesn't save your conversations for more than a few months so you'll need to send any critical important data through email.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

We just the free version. Price reasons are why we chose slack. Although, we are considering getting the paid plan now.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Mainly because it forces people to look at situations and helps hold them accountable.

Muhammad Daud from Continuum Economics

Slack - The collaborative tool to manage and share

Slack has overall allowed us to work effectively with the team and organize the projects/documentation properly with different channels. The search feature is great for the team to review any former staff messages in various channels

Pros

We use Slack on daily basis to speak to the team, share files, manage channels with automation, using built-in apps, and much more as per demand.

Cons

Slack takes more memory (RAM usage) due to which when multitasking, the application is quite heavy and slow to use.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

For the Dev and IT Team, we recommend using Slack in our organization due to the applications, features, and coding purposes. For the Normal team, we took Microsoft Teams product.

Limited Features

Nelson Kipchirchir from ICT Authority Kenya

The best collaborative app.

As a business, we benefit most from Slack in terms of unified communication. Slack brings all the teams in the organizations together by collating the various channels they use and more so their conversations are stored very well in a database which later on they can be searched and used or viewed any time.

Pros

What I personally like most about slack is its ability to be easily integrated with other already existing external services. The app is so powerful with built-in external and external sharing options which give it the ability to share files with anyone. The application also has a read state synchronization between a phone and a PC, in that when you check a message on your PC the phone also automatically checks the message as read. I also I like that fact that they have Slack mobile apps for both Android and iOS, The ability to share documents in all formats is also a plus

Cons

It is very hard to change invites only channel to public and also it takes a lot of time when it comes to channel clean up since one needs to access the archives in web interfaces to delete the messages which sometimes takes ages especially in channels with so many messages.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Teamviewer was not reliable when it comes in merging different channels to one as compared to slack

Adam from GoDaddy

Makes it easier to work with other people & teams

I spend most of my day in and out of Slack and it helps to keep things moving quickly. No need for long winded and formal emails or bulky ticketing systems with Slack around.

Pros

I like how easy Slack is to use. It’s as simple as you would expect an instant messenger app to be, but it has so many more features than that are just as easy to use! I can start a zoom call with a simple command, I get a message to remind me I have a meeting about to start and I can keep up to date with things happening across the company at a glance without having to trawl through email threads constantly.

Cons

I haven’t come across something I particularly like the least about the software as of yet. One thing I have tried to do but been unable is to quote a particular part of somebody’s message. Sometimes it’s useful to refer back to something myself or someone else in a conversation said, but the only option I know of is the forward/share message function. It would be good to have a simple ‘quote’ feature which allowed you to quote all of or a section of the message. But this isn’t a fault, only a potential improvement on an already great product.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

I believe we switched from Slack to Teams due to the cost savings but switched back to Slack due to the necessity of its features. I guess that proves it’s worth the money!

Rashmi from gemalto inc

Slack Experience

My overall experience with Slack is great. Except when I have to record meetings/demos, I like to use Slack. And for pure messaging, it works great as it also allows me to send files and also edit/delete past messages. Not all messengers provide these capabilities, so overall I love Slack

Pros

I use Slack all day to communicate with my team. It has most of the usual features that other professional messengers have. But one thing that I like the most is its ability to let me edit/delete the text even after I have sent it. In other messengers that I have used, once I have sent a message, there is no going back. So, if I typed something wrong by mistake, I cannot edit/delete it. The only thing I can do is to write a new message and explain the mistakes in the previous message. This can be OK sometimes, but in a lot of scenarios, it just add to a lot of confusion for the recipient and it can turn out out be a pain. I do not want to waste time explaining the messages that I accidentally typed wrong. I would just want to be able to edit the message, correct it and make it really simple for the recipient as well as for myself. After using this amazing feature, I hate to go back to other messengers that do not yet provide this capability.

Cons

Few other messengers provide very good recording capabilities, example record the meeting/call/demos. when it comes to this feature, I have to switch to another messenger. Also, @here usually sends alert to everyone subscribed to that channel. But when the conversation is in a thread, @here does not work. Probably a bug?

Christopher from Atlantic Images Ltd

Why We Use Slack For Our Start-Up

Slack has been a great addition to our daily work ethic. Being able to use it on a mobile device as well as desktop is key and it has become an integral part of splitting up our tasks. I really couldn't recommend it more.

Pros

The overall ease of this software is superb. Every one of our team members found it easy to use immediately.

Cons

The one thing that bugs me is the return button. If you are writing a message then if I want to use a new line by pressing return Slack actually sends the message. So I then have to go in and edit my message. Return in Slack is another key. You would think would be easy to remember but then every other product has the return key used as a new line so I'm always having to edit my messages of they are spaced out.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

Slack offers a free version so that was great at the beginning. Once we started to use it it really was the software we were looking for to chat about specific projects. We work all over the world and in different time zones so this was the best fit for our start-up company.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Asana just didn't have an easy user experience compared to Slack. We wanted to chat more about our creative projects and Slack filled that area better than Asana.

Daniel from Vendcore

Slack -- Great for Startup companies or enterprises

Collaboration problems solved. Excellent plugins, and even writing your own (for example have a Git commit hook setup, that shows any commit, and also, any deploys to staging and production, so the entire team can see what is happening.

Pros

Very easy to share files, and have separate conversation threads (IRC style), with multiple members of your team. You can create channels to and invite members to, to discuss a particular topic -- such names of different projects, or groups within the company. Really allows you to organize your thoughts and help manage your teams projects and tasks, as far as communication.

Cons

While it offers great collaboration tools, the actual project and task management is kind of lacking. Even though we use Trello and Jira (and you can have Trello and Jira plugins for Slack, but they don't really integrate into the UI), I wind up assigning and following up on tasks from within Slack. For example, i will message a developer and ask them to fix a list of bugs, or post 5 or 6 detail fixes/feature requests, after reviewing a new branch on staging. The problem is that you then send subsequent messages on that channel, and the tasks get buried. Then you have to scroll up, and find the task, if you want to review. There is no way for the developer to mark the task as done, or for me to easily see if they did it. Sometimes, I will have to scroll back into conversation thread for weeks, to find the 5 or 6 requests I made to the dev, and then re-ask the dev if he completed them. Now, this may be a nit unfair, since Slack is not a project management tool, however, it lends itself VERY EASILY to being one, since it natural to assign tasks within Slack. The slack team could very easily build tasks as a native feature in Slack, and make collaborating on tasks and PM much easier, as it's too time consuming to hop into Jira each time a bug is found -- I simply don't have time.

Best-of-Breed Messenger Platform

Been using Slack and admin in Slack since 2015. It's gotten a lot better and they definitely list to customers and what we want to see.

Pros

-UI is very easy to use for anyone to jump right in -Easy to navigate and admin -THE platform companies use to chat. Far better than GChat, Teams -Customizable to user -TONS of integrations -Shared channels with our clients or companies we are clients of. Easy to manage and end when contracts end.

Cons

-Pricing. Definitely need the "Plus" license for HITRUST compliance and it's 2x more than a standard license. Paying twice as much just to have a feature we haven't used in over a year did not make the Finance team happy. Also need Plus to use onboard/offboard functionality in Bettercloud automations. -Recent outages. Since march 2020 we've experienced issues almost every month even though Slack's status website only reported 3. I would get spammed with emails or Google Chat(our backup if Slack goes down) messages asking me what to do. I can't do anything, they went down. -Private channels are invisible even to admins- even as the admin I can't see private channels which have been a problem when trying to create a channel but getting an error that channel already exists. -When inviting users, add them to a user group that automatically that would add them to all channels they need like Eng, CS, Sales each get their 5-10 channels automatically.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

FAR more powerful with integrated apps like GSuite, Atlassian, and other platforms.

Sanskriti from F1soft International Pvt. Ltd

Implementing Slack at work was an absolute decision

We implement slack for inter-office communications. Slack made the communication possible and managing workflows was a lot easier. We often use slack for real-time messaging not, particularly for archives. Overall, slack has enhanced our business productivity, collaboration between project teams, and managed to provide streamlined communication.

Pros

Slack was easy to use and implement at work. The web version of slack works completely fine. The slack interface is streamlined and ideal for business communication. We are able to replace emails at work and use communication on slack, which is quick and easy for project teams. The most significant thing I loved about Slack is, it can be integrated with other productivity, communication, and collaboration tools to make the work more streamlined and can be an optimum choice for automation and scripting.

Cons

The only downside to this application is its pricing. The standard plans lack most of the important features, so we thought of upgrading to Plus. Since the price is based on per person per month, we found the pricing for Plus too high. So, we had expected if the price could be pay-per-module, but that can’t be helped either.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

Slack is easy to use and implement at work. Well, it has ability to integrate with lots of apps, and outruns all other alternative applications in performance.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Salesforce has lot of complexities at work and all we need is an easy and efficient tool to beat the performance. And we found Slack worthy of it.

Team Communication Simplified

We are using Slack as our primary communications as in-team and external members as well. Slack makes communications more professional than other casual messaging tools. There is a respect for other team members' private life as setting notifications off the work hours. We can keep all our commuınication in Slack and able to search and find our communications later.

Pros

Team Communication is easy and respectful to other team members. Integrations with almost all other Saas providers allows users to do almost all actions within the Slack. Advanced Search History is a great feature for team communication Channels are keeping communication easier within the team or with external members.

Cons

The in-app call and video call options are still terrible in September 2020. Exporting communication only available to admin. This should be done for everybody at least for private communications. File search is still not good.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

Slack has more integrations and it looks much more professional.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Jira is more likely to for developers so we want to use a team communication tool that can be used by everybody in the team easily so we choose Slack.

Nicholas from Aviation

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Great for charitable organizations (because it can be free). Powerful. But expensive!

Push notifications and alerts have been helpful. We are able to get important information out to our team very quickly, and we are able to "thread" the information so that only certain groups or certain topics are discussed in certain "channels" or "threads."

Pros

Slack is made free for basic functions for charitable organizations. For this reason it can be a great option for charitable organization. It has powerful features, including video conferencing, file sharing, phone and web app integration, and file sharing. It also has cross-platform integration allowing connectivity between multiple different products, including Google and Microsoft products and IFFFT.

Cons

It is not cheap at all for even a small organization (unless your organization qualifies for a free subscription). There are limits to the number of users in a video conference.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

More power in each area of use, free for charitable organizations, and a professional appearance

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Simple text messages have maximum group sizes. We needed a messaging platform that would work for our team while being able to create sub-groups.

Prince from T-Mobile

One of the Best Collab tools!

Overall the tool is used to communicate and share files amongst your own team as well as other teams which are external to yours. Its great for announcements or even details that you can pin to each individual or team chat. The channels allow you even finer controls over who can see it, participate, as well as the overall purpose. Its a superb tool for having each team create their own channels as well as special channels which can be used for announcements, heads up, changes, basically anything you need to communicate across. It is everything you would expect in a collaboration tool.

Pros

Ease of use and the feature list is probably why this tool does so well. It even allows you to build custom apps that you can implement with your existing apps/tools for a more streamlines experience! Its honestly made life a lot easier to collaborate amongst team members, especially during Corona times and working from home.

Cons

There really isn't much about this tool that I don't like. It runs smoothly and constantly has new updates to make the experience even better. The only thing I can think of is that it can be resource intensive at times but honestly it has not slowed me down yet. Also, when sharing your screen with another team or individual, you have to go back to the initial chat to send a message, it would be nice if it can be done from the same UI of the screen-share. Well made tool overall!

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Skype for Business was just not meeting the needs. Super restricted.

Alex from SecurityMetrics

The best chat application.

Slack makes team communication easy. I use it to send updates to team members, build relationships with team members (it's funny how much team culture and unity can be built on a strong foundation of memes), post polls, gather feedback on internal projects, get quick answers to quick questions, etc. Slack makes it easy to integrate, so I've used third-party integrations like HeyTaco for employee recognition. Slack makes it possible to do a significant portion of your work out of a chat app.

Pros

Slack has by far the best UI, the best organization, and the best set of features. Competing products like Google Chat (the business version of Hangouts) don't even come close. The most critical feature is being able to simultaneously log in to multiple Slack instances which each have multiple rooms, groups, etc. Slack makes text-based communication super easy.

Cons

It's pricey in comparison to some of the competing software (especially if your organization already uses G Suite, it may be a hard sell to move to Slack). Also, Slack literally makes me more of a slacker - it's too easy to BS with coworkers or members of other non-work-related slack groups when I should be working.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

Slack's feature set is completely unparalleled by the competing products.

Brian from Brian Frankel Law Firm

Essential Communication Tool

I have been using it since 2015 and am a happy camper. Slack is a daily tech solution in working with others both professionally and for volunteer & hobby projects. I would be in so much aggravation if I had to deal with more emails, phone calls, texts, or heavens forbid, skype :-(.

Pros

I enjoy: • the reduction in emails, text, and phone calls that Slack provides, • the search function, • how slack integrates with google drive, • the easy to navigate communication options with direct communication, general communication, channel communication, etc. • the cost is very reasonable and slack gives credits as well

Cons

The UX for administrative and management functions is less than ideal. Tasks like archiving/un-archiving channels or adding/removing users is needlessly complicated. Simple functions that should be part of the platform are not readily available, which is a shame. There should be a organic drive section and task list section native to the platform that by default are turned on at start but can be hidden.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

Microsoft is a top company, but when they took over skype the platform seemed to become less dependable. I started on slack and stayed on it despite the competition.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Much more efficient, with search, and channel functionality.

Lisa from Computer Software

Best Collaboration Tool Available!

Slack has been wonderful to use both professionally and personally. I have managed multiple cross functional projects utilizing this tool to gather the most recent information needed for status reports, metrics, check-ins etc. Personally I use it to collaborate with my Agile Coach friends across the globe to share tools, tips and tricks we use while supporting our teams at work. We also use it monthly during our zoom meetups to chat amongst ourselves and share info during the call etc. I highly recoomend this collaborative tool.

Pros

I LOVE that you can create your own channels to keep conversations and shared documents organized and easily accessible for different groups you are collaborating with. I also LOVE that these channels don't expire and can be accessed by anyone across the globe that you are collaborating with. This has changed the way collaboration can happen virtually in real time!

Cons

The # hashtags can cause me issues when I am searching for things but I am starting to get better at using them.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

The technology team at the company loved the channel aspect so executives could have access if they wanted to hop on and participate in the conversation or grab documents. Slack is so much more robust than Skype for collaboration.

Scott from ScottMCohn.com

Your Team In Your Pocket

I enjoy working with Slack. I'm on some channnels for web developers with tens of thousands of members and can often get a free answer to an easy (for a developer) question and fast. I've also met a lot of great people through that channel. Conversely, I haven't perfected the notifications so that I don't get pinged when anyone on any of the channels posts anything, and that adds up. I'm sure it's manageable, but I haven't found the time to check that box.

Pros

This is a no-brainer for start-ups and even old dinosaurs, especially these days (the great COVID pandemic). It combines the instant gratification of any chat app with intuitive drag n' drop filesharing, one click sub-group or project teams for siloed group coms, direct messaging, and hashtag denoted conversations for general participation that can even function like a newsfeed for relevant link sharing and other project or industry news or internal updates. Slack has become the default Millenial professional communication tool, and not just for the pretty icon. It's free for a long way but there are tiered account options all the way up to enterprise which has more trumped up security and support, as well as tools like huge video chats, unlimited storage and history, and unlimited software integrations (it works great with Google Drive.).

Cons

As a consultant, I am on several different slack "channels" - the Slack term for different companies Slack environments. It's easy once your set up with their software client and app to switch back and forth, but getting set up can require a call to the IT guy or the administrator of each separate Slack channel for permissions and credentials. Not a huge headache, but these days anything that requires a call to anyone can be considered at least a minor hassle.

Great Business Continuity Tool

It has been a great experience using Slack. It is a valuable tool and I really like how we are able to collaborate as a team and make it seem as if we are still working together in the office.

Pros

1:1 Chat - Ability to have 1:1 conversations with team members. Useful when working on a project together. Team Collaboration - Ability to bring a project together and share with a team. Group Chat - Ability to have one area/space where the team collaborates, shares ideas, and works together to communicate issues. Bot Integration - Ability to integrate various tools and bots that can make the day easier. Ability to integrate to web conferencing tools like Zoom, Webex, Teams. Ability to create to-do lists, track time, etc. Manage Team - Great way to manage a team who is working remotely in various geographic locations.

Cons

Still trying to work around our SSO integration - This is mostly an internal bug we are trying to work on, but it would be nice if we can make Slack to work for a single sign on experience.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

Slack was inexpensive and has the value of simplifying the use across our different levels of technological expertise in the company.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

To streamline processes across the globe and to ensure a means of consistency across all teams.

Matthew from Appen

The Gold Standard For Workplace Communication

We have employees all over the world so Slack is our hub for communication. We use it to have conversations, post announcements, and brainstorm ideas. It can also launch video conferences with excellent annotation features which makes it easy to share ideas about a document or piece of code.

Pros

It is extremely easy to use, there are many bots and tools to customize your workspace, and the actual communication tools are superior to the ones offered by Google and Microsoft. For example, the ability to thread conversations, easily set reminders about messages, and other subtle things add up to a much better communication system.

Cons

I have experienced no major negatives as a user of the product. Depending on the number of users in your organization, the monthly cost will start to add up but I think this is similar to their competitors unless you're already paying them for other services that include something like Microsoft Teams, for example.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

Slack has better usability than Microsoft Teams and Google Meet. Users inside the company mostly preferred to use Slack even when multiple options were available. The threading functionality is particularly useful. Flowdock actually does conversation threading the best of all the products, but its a smaller player at this point so is probably not considered as often.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Flowdock was actually a high quality product and the best competitor to Slack that I've tried, but Slack became much more popular and started to have better integrations with other third party services. At this point, Slack has become synonymous with workplace communication software in the same way that Zoom has for workplace video chat.

John from BinaryNoir

An industry leader for a reason

I love slack and it is always getting better. Finding my chats, creating channels, and adding integrations are easy. I can’t recommend it for business enough. It’s so fun that I am trying to find other uses for it just so I have an excuse to use it.

Pros

Slack has become the industry leader in workplace communication and for good reason. It makes for a flexible place to have contextual conversations and integrates Into your workflow by easily allowing tools to integrate Into the application. From shopping carts to service monitoring alerts to team polls, there are integrations for just about everything. These integrations also allow meaningful, yet simplified, interactions so I don’t always have to leave The context of my conversations.

Cons

The largest problem is cost as well as limits in how I can leverage Slack For both work and for non-work related communication. It wasn’t built for non-work communication so I can’t truly complain. But I would love to see some focused paradigms show up in the ecosystem to make it so I don’t have so many chat applications. One other issue is the confusing of finding and managing my custom web hooks. As often as I use it I always end up spending 5 minutes on the site trying to figure out what we hook integrations I have and where to reconfigure them.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

The industry adoption and wide selection of integrations.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

The live nature of chats and easy integration with other tools to leverage instant notifications.

Joel from Split Second Media

Really Love Slack, Great Way to Communicate with Multiple Clients

Mainly we are using it to solve issues with communicating across different companies and their contractors, not only streamlining conversations but bringing transparency to the messages so everyone can easily see what was sent, communicated, and when.

Pros

I have to admit I can be one of those cranky older IT guys that sit in the back corner and groans every time I hear of a new technology that is going to revolutionize things. When I first heard of Slack I figured it was more of the same and didn't use it for years. Finally one of my clients required that we communicate over and I honestly love it. The integration from the App to the browser-based version is seamless. I like how I can communicate with different Orgs and have all their staff on Slack already in when I login so I can easily communicate with who I need to. Messages are saved and easy to search to find what I need later. Group communicate and individual messaging is fantastic and I have used the VoIP to call some of my contractors that my client's use through Slack directly. All in all it makes working with people virtually easier and I will definitely be using it in the future.

Cons

My least favorite thing about slack is having to log into each org every time I need to work inside Slack. I think for most users this isn't a big deal, especially if they are using it with just one workspace. Because I work with several companies, it is a bit of a pain. I have to log in for each org to see the workspace and the only way I can see messages from another org is to open a new tab and re-login using the org's credentials. I wish there was a way to have one master Slack login and then move in and out of the different companies I work with without having to log in and out all the time or use different web browsers or tabs.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

I honestly chose Slack because my largest client required that I use it to talk to their office staff. I have since started working with every org I can inside it because it is a very fast way to message someone and get quick messages back and forth fast.

Slack is the backbone of what we do

Slack is used by everyone in the business on a daily basis, it allows us to work efficiently and makes working remotely a breeze.

Pros

There are other products out there that provide a similar service, but for me nothing compares to slack's flexibility to integrate with the other online services we use and automate workflows and reporting.

Cons

The video call feature could do with some slight improvements, a grid view would be great for group calls for instance.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

Integrations were high on our priority, but also ease of use and the ability to easily add external companies into shared channels.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

The ability to integrate with other services such as InVision, Flowmapp and Teamwork.

Lauren from Bert Stern Productions LLC

Never Slacks

I was first introduced to the product when I was working at a photographic agency. It's a very fast-paced environment that requires incredibly efficient communication and swift project management. I was doing my research and experimented with Slack for a brief time. I felt inspired by the benefits and presented it to the workplace. They immediately downloaded the solution and I set up the software for them from my side. Within minutes, we had a newly impressive communication tool that eased our stresses at a colossal level. Very great build and I look forward to its growth.

Pros

I love this application for a majority of reasons. Slack is very minimalistic but also beautifully done. It presents your desired information in a very organized manner and makes it easy for the receiver to understand. It balances colors well and provides brief templates for you to use. Another aspect I like about Slack is the multiple formats of data you can send into a single chatroom space. It's extremely convenient and essential for your company's needs.

Cons

I don't have any negative thoughts for Slack because it fulfills our company's needs to a great extent.

Reasons for Choosing Slack

One thing I've noticed with the other products, as opposed to Slack, was their visual approach. As minor as it may seem, this factor plays a major role for creative professionals. Especially for photographers, we strive on communication that is clear and easy to read. So Slack was tested with our teams and delivered promising results. Google Hangouts and Microsoft Teams, unfortunately, made the connection and networking far more difficult than necessary.

Jeff from University of Maryland

Great product that has become more important than ever

Prior to implementing Slack we tended to have a mix of emails, chats, and some intranet announcement board setups. Now, we put all of that in Slack which makes it much easier to keep up with what is going on as well as to search for anything that you need. It has been a huge plus for us in all ways and we have a lot of other integration options we are looking at implementing.

Pros

Communication with my entire team is easily available within Slack as well as subsets of my team. Slack has played a key role for several years but that role has become critical as we have shifted operations entirely online. We have channels for different topics and the ability to easily customize alert settings for channels has been a huge plus. The ability to integrate with outside systems has allowed us to automate many tasks such as letting the service desk know when issues occur.

Cons

Traffic can get busy so I need to be particular about how my notifications are set up. I then check in periodically on the channels that I don't receive notifications for to keep up with what is going on.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

We liked the basic features of Google Hangouts but Slack provided many more integrations and ability to more finely control many features.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 20,363 reviews