All TherapyNotes, LLC Reviews

Reviewed June 2021

Great customer service

Carolyn

Reviewed October 2021

Good Software platform for the money.

Overall I am happy with Therapy notes since my biller can access my records and I can utilize the telehealth portion easily. I just wish it had more resources for therapist available.

PROS

The collection of patient data is very easy.

CONS

Compared to Simple Practice, Therapy Notes resources for clinicians is null. I would say that has been the most disappointing as the only forms provided are for the demographics and any other forms must be created and uploaded by the clinician. Additionally there are no forms for assessments to give to the client based on their diagnosis or information that you can send to them. Also, you have to manually send out the forms for each new client where Simple Practice did it automatically.

See above.

Reasons for switching to TherapyNotes, LLC

Because my colleagues were using Therapy Notes so it would be easy to navigate if we needed to access each other's scheduling and it seemed a little bit less expensive than Simple Practice.

vincent

Reviewed February 2024

my first weerk with therapynotes

not much yet.

PROS

I hope it will prevent the loss of records and improve the ease of retrieval of records when needed. It will use the same format for all records so less confusion or missed forms

CONS

the program "requires" the insertion of a date of birth before the client can get signed in. Psychology today does not ask these questions when a client clicks in to see me. So no3w I have to call the client to get date of birth. Why can't we sign someone in and then ask for date of birth. Save amount of work and trying to call client or text them for this one piece of information

Reasons for switching to TherapyNotes, LLC

improve billing and record safety and retireval

Doug

Reviewed March 2018

Disappointed after 3 years with the platform

PROS

Good documentation management. Well-designed for use with families and minors. Billing features met my needs as a practitioner not accepting insurance.

CONS

Infrastructure problems abound with TN. There was a multi-day service outage in the summer of 2017, with little communication from the company to customers during the outage and no compensation for the downtime. In December 2017/January 2018, I finally lost my patience with the platform when the company decided to implement a major change in the database mid-week and the database upgrade destabilized the platform resulting in more downtime. Regarding the software... Your notes will be top-quality notes, but they will take you forever to write because the workflow is overly rigid. There is no way to customize what questions are asked in intake notes, progress notes, termination notes, etc. Text fields are too small, and only unformatted text is permitted. File attachments cannot be added to notes. There is currently no way to use the patient portal to have clients fill out forms, pay bills, send/receive documents, and perform secure messaging. No mobile app. No two-way sync with calendars means constantly having to check two calendars. 10 MB limit on file uploads. I was on the platform for almost 3 years and saw only very minimal feature enhancements/additions. And get ready for a very poor user experience when you decide to leave the platform; plan to basically download thousands of resources manually with no help from the dev team. When I sent feedback to the dev team on my way out, they defended their poor design choices and offered kludgy workarounds rather than listen.

Wendy

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Longtime customer of TN - almost 10 years

Love love love!!! My experience has been fantastic on all areas of running a single private practice and growing into a large group private practice that accepts most major insurance carriers. Highly recommended.

PROS

I love the intuitive structure of TN and the prompts that make everything easy to set up. TherapyNotes support desk is the absolute best I have ever encountered in any capacity or task. TN makes it easy to expand your practice and grow in ways that need business support without taking away from clinical time. I love the ability to give some transparency to the therapist that chose to work in my group. TN really makes running a large group practice possible without breaking the bank or losing clinical time (or my mind).

CONS

That every issue I have to call support desk for is a USER ERROR!!!! One thought I had was that other therapists in my group practice can see each others revenue report. I love I can bring this up to TN and they add it to the list of things they work on - TN has made updates that I have requested in the past and it's so lovely.

Reason for choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

ease of use for charting and adding other clinicians; HIPAA compliant; free trial made me comfortable enough to move forward in the very initial phase (I was able to see what I was paying for before I knew anything about running a practice)

Reasons for switching to TherapyNotes, LLC

I used therapy appointment at a private practice and when I left to start my own I chose TN after lots of research and using the trial month.

Colleen

Reviewed March 2024

I love this system and the great 24/7 real human customer service knowledge and availability

It has been excellent and I will continue to use this platform until I retire.

PROS

I had already been using it as an agency employee provider, and when I decided to do my own practice where I am the admin and the provider, the customer service assistance I received both for set-up and ongoing admin tasks has made it possible for me to do this without needing to hire an additional person to handle billing, scheduling, etc... I love the Portal support for Outcome Measures as well as for HIPAA compliant document use and registration process.

CONS

It took a minute for some forms to be set up in the Portal, but now everything I need is there!

Reason for choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

At the time there was no in-person customer service support available. I would have had to figure it out by reading materials online, and using chats, but this doesn't work for me.

William

Reviewed February 2024

Good product, good support and good price

I have been very pleased with product overall. Recent "improvements" to Telehealth platform have created connection and sound related issues for clients and myself.

PROS

Well integrated product that is relatively easy to implement and use.

CONS

Some of documentation/charting workflows are rigid and To Do list personalization is limited.

Reason for choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

Features, cost and flexibility were primary.

Mary Lou

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Satisfied customer

Excellent in friendly and knowledgeable support services, set up to keep me compliant, helpful portal forms (which they keep adding to, recently setting up a self-fillable option), allowing me to do notes, forms, scheduling, and billing all in one place.

PROS

I like that TherapyNotes is specifically targets my profession and my needs as a private practitioner, considering that my skill set is in therapy, not computers. I purchased their services initially to help me stay compliant to current standards in the profession, but I also found them to provide friendly and helpful support, and they keep adding features that make my job easier. I love the constant innovation and the responsiveness of the company to user needs and requests.

CONS

I truly and satisfied and so grateful they're out there.

Reason for choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

More tailored to my specific needs, making it easier and keeping me more compliant.

Alyssa

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Response time

PROS

My question was answered quickly and thoroughly. The agent included screen shots so I knew just how to solve my issue.

CONS

So far they have been very responsive and helpful with any concerns.

Rebecca

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

So many good things. Consistent industry leader

Whenever I call, I get great support from kind, knowledgeable people.

PROS

They keep adding more features to make the platform robust and meeting all of our practice needs.

CONS

In the past, was quite frustrated with not being able to upload client insurances cards, ROIs, and and not having built in patient messaging, but all of these issues have been addressed.

Reason for choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

Honestly, it has been so long I don't remember, but I don't regret my choice.

Rhyan

Reviewed February 2024

Love it, would not go with any other program

Absolutely love therapy notes. One stop shop for everything now if only, I could integrate payroll in it, that would be great.

PROS

Clear, communication, helpful and always there to answer questions and get issues resolved. Platform is ever evolving.

CONS

At times, there may be glitches in the system or unexplainable errors that are expected for computer-based programs

Reason for choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

It was the most affordable and most inclusive

Micheal Frances

Reviewed February 2020

Therapynotes is true to the promises it makes to customers

PROS

I run a small practice and I do most of my own billing, scheduling and of course documentation of my client's progress. This program is comprehensive and easy to use. What really makes this company better than the others in the field is their customer service. Plainly speaking the other companies I've tried offered little or no useable customer service, which resulted in my getting "stuck" on how to use their systems - and having to wait several hours or even days to get an answer on how to use a particular feature.

CONS

Compared to other programs I have used, Therapynotes just doesn't have things I dislike.

Reason for choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

Plain and simple, I'm staying with TherapyNotes because they true to their word when it comes to live support. Unlike Simplepractice, they don't leave the burden of training on customers; Therapynotes provides the support needed to use the program. Unlike Theranest, Therapynotes does not lie about it's customer service. They actually walk their talk.

Reasons for switching to TherapyNotes, LLC

SimplePractice offers NO live customer support. You are told where the "database" of instructions on how to use the program is located and you are on your own. Programs like this are detailed and complex - there is a fairly steep learning curve. For me, it's a glorious waste of my time to be told to go search in the haystack for the specific information you need to properly use the program. Theranest - the second practice management program I used SAID they offer live customer support, but in fact, they lie about this kind of support. In fact, when using Theranest, I was often required to leave a message and wait for an answer - sometime up to two or three days later. When you are working a busy practice, and you want to bill, or make notes on a session, it is not sustainable to have to wait to receive answers on how to use the program.

Barry

Reviewed May 2021

Initial impression

Overall, very positive experience. Although it proved to be frustrating in the early stages, I realize that I’ve been able to upload a practice of about 30 patients within a month, and get more comfortable with the system.

PROS

I appreciate the cues promoting more detailed and specific treatment planning. I also really like the to do list, accessible from the main page, as well as in each client record. I have found the phone support to be excellent although at times, the wait to speak to a support person can be long. The main reason I continued with therapy notes was the opportunity to use their card services, which appears to have the lowest fees of the more common credit card service providers.

CONS

I would like to be able to more easily customize the reporting aspects of the clinical note and treatment plan. And the billing component has been rather awkward to use. I was, however, dismayed that my application to enroll in credit card services was denied, due to lacking proof of an office lease. I am primarily doing virtual care and so I lease hourly when I need to see a client in person. I am hopeful that the client services support person has found a solution and I should be accepted for credit card services within a couple of days.

Reason for choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

To be honest, if I do not get credit card services, I will likely at least trial simple practice, as it is being used by one of the agencies for whom I do some contract work

Reasons for switching to TherapyNotes, LLC

I had retired from Kaiser Permanente after 22 years, and epic had been the EMR for the past approximately 16 years

Reviewed December 2021

TherapyNotes knocks it our of the park!

Overall, TherapyNotes is exceptional! Customer Service is outstanding in resolving issues quickly, and over the years the representatives I've spoken with have all been kind and patient. TherapyNotes is user friendly....easy to learn and easy to train new staff. This is a must!

PROS

Many features of TherapyNotes are so helpful and effecient. The scheduling is easy and the software is very user friendly.

CONS

The billing is always a nightmare no matter which software is used. However, I would like TherapyNotes to find a more user friendly way to bill multiple insurances and a better way to be able to easily see which has been billed and what has been paid. Currently when entering new information such as insurance ID, addresses, phone numbers, payments,....once a new one is entered the old information goes away.

Reason for choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

The reviews were great! Also, when speaking with the sales team they were very helpful and clear on the cost. The training was effective as well. Most of all TherapyNotes seems to understand that this part of our job (notes, billing, etc) is not the main part of our job. So, the customer service aspect was appealing in case issues came up that we needed help resolving. The customer service team does not disappoint! They are phenomenal!

Reasons for switching to TherapyNotes, LLC

The software was not user friendly and it was difficult to get through to customer service when issues needed resolved.

Thank you for the great review. We are rolling out a feature that maintains historic insurance information. It will be enabled for all accounts soon. See our blog for more info.

Replied January 2022

Mary Kate

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2021

No regrets

I chose this product for the value and the reputation for outstanding support. I've been pleasantly surprised over and over again as they continue to improve on what was already a clean, intuitive program.

PROS

Customer support is superb, especially compared to the practice management software we were using prior. Therapy Notes constantly improves and updates, adding both free and paid features. Updates are never disruptive and always ultimately improve our workflow.

CONS

Enrollment for ERAs, EFTs, and EDI could be smoother- the clearinghouse is a separate entity, and the instructions they provide through Therapy Notes aren't always clear or complete.

Reason for choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

Cleaner, cheaper, more intuitive, great reputation for customer support.

Reasons for switching to TherapyNotes, LLC

My Clients Plus had absolutely terrible service, didn't allow credit card processing, doesn't allow use of the "back" button, the reporting is buggy, and the billing is incredibly confusing.

Suci

Reviewed June 2023

Therapy Notes is the only EHR platform I'll use.

I've been with Therapy Notes since I started my private practice and I won't use anything else.

PROS

I love the calendar feature in Therapy Notes. I also love the progress note platform. I find Therapy Notes easy to use and intuitive. Anytime I've needed help customer service has been there. I have no complaints.

CONS

The only thing I would like to see is a little bit more color coordination for the calendar or the ability to choose colors for specific appointment types myself.

Reason for choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

The options, the easy of use, the price.

Reasons for switching to TherapyNotes, LLC

I left the clinic I was working for and opened my own practice.

Nicole

Reviewed August 2023

Excellent EHR for mental health companies

It’s been very helpful in navigating insurance discrepancies and customer service has been very helpful with that area as well.

PROS

We love how easy clinicians can navigate the system, the frequent updates, and customer service is superb.

CONS

I think there are opportunities to include several assessments yet but they continue to work on that by adding more and more.

Reason for choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

Simple Practice had several up-charges and hidden costs and is why we didn’t go with them.

Reasons for switching to TherapyNotes, LLC

TN is way more user friendly for both employees and clients.

Individual & Family Services, 2-10 employees