Updox Software Reviews

Find out more:

Recommendations

FrontRunners 2022

Find out more:

• icon"Easy to use good service very good customer service and help."
  • icon"Not only did the video chat function help with seeing patients during a world-wide shut down, we were also able to navigate faxes, emails and communicate with our patients on one easy to use platform."
  • icon"Currently Updoz does not interface with my EHR but hopefully in the future for ease of moving it straight into the patients chart."
  • icon"At first, setting this up is very confusing. You need to have assistance from the company in order to set this up with your printer or computer device."
  • icon"There is no virtual waiting room so is difficult to schedule the calls. It takes very long to wait for patient to answer."
  • icon"We have chronic errors, and delays in the importing of documents from Updox into our actual EMR."

Browse all Updox Reviews

• Have you used Updox and would like to share your experience with others?

Doede

Good Software

Overall very good.

Pros

I like the options of preview documents before managing them, multiple document management, and the customer service.

Cons

Wasn't truly integrated into EHR, so separate processing.

Frank

Updox

Only wish that we could have our office phone number identified when texts and calls go to the patients.

Pros

Allows rapid secure text messaging from my computer to patients. Ease to set up and learn. Allows easy fax retrieval and sorting. Not wasting paper for unwanted faxes. Charges are not per document or usage per client. Patients with appointments are easily reminded and asked to confirm the date. Cuts down on staff having to call each patient for a reminder (and the patients rarely answer our reminder call). They pay attention to their texts.

Cons

Patients cannot identify incoming texts due to random phone number generation by Updox. Patients are wary about opening the text since they do not recognize the phone number. Cannot upload PDF's forms for completion for the patients. They need to be recreated in the Updox platform first. We want to use our forms that we already have, not reformat and retype it in Updox.

Reasons for choosing Updox

Did not want to pay per patient or per usage.

Reasons for switching to Updox

Did not want to pay per patient or per usage.

Danielle

September 2022

Waste time and money, poor customer service , too many issues in 4 days

Horrible experience! The care and the concern were not there. I was sinking, no one seemed to care. I do not want anyone else to go through that. If you had great experiences with Updox, good for you. I am speaking the truth of what I have experienced. When I asked for help or cancel, one of their customer services said, well you need to give 30 days notice. Seriously? I was on day 4 and it was Not working properly, I sent several messages, asking for help....They can keep the $94.00. I am hoping they have a better system in place to serve their clients. Use Doxyme and Amazon as their business model. That might help.

Pros

The video quality is great. That's all I enjoyed for the 4 days that costs me $94.00. I did not sign up to quit, but I spent 4 days with too many obstacles with no help, so I decided to go with Doxyme, and it was a well-overdue change. Why would I paid that money and quit? I am currently using Practice Fusion, so it was convenient, so I did not want to leave.

Cons

The system was not working properly, my calls have constantly dropped. I checked my internet speeds, everything was fine. My iMac computer has no issues. it's only 6 months old. I contacted their customer's service since I had so many patients scheduled and it was Not a weekend before they blame it on the weekends. They got back to me the next day, took notes and said they will escalate. I was like a ball.They sent me several emails with no resolutions. My experience with them, was a 4 days nightmare! No refunds although I only used their trash for 4 days and I reported the issue with no resolutions. I am not here to crash any businesses since I own several businesses myself. I am here to share my experience with others. I am currently using Doxyme, and I have no issues with them. Doxyme is very receptive, and acts fast to questions. Doxyme has a help desk available and I only pay $35.00 monthly for my plan. Doxyme's video qualities are much better although Updox video qualities are great as well. I can get patient's files during the calls etc. I feel at ease with Doxyme because I know if I need help, they will be there for me. Updox needs to change their business model. They are not worth $94.00. Their customer's service is poor. They don't seem to care. What does that mean? Collected information to escalate while I have 20 patients to see? Does that sound something you will want to be a part of? Walk in my shoes, don't send me endless emails. Never again!

Reasons for switching to Updox

I switched after 4 days using Updox. There was no help. I had to continue with my telemedicine using zoom, then someone told me about Doxyme. It was a breath of fresh air. Updox is horrible. I even asked one of their customer's services, should I just cancel all of my visits until your company fixes the issues? I asked because that was the direction it was heading. No one should $94.00 headaches!!

Cody

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Amazingly Easy to Use

Pros

The software in incredibly easy to use. I can send faxes from my medical records software to other facilities, and I can receive information and input it directly to patient files as well. This has saved me so much time, and makes running the accounts receivable portion of our business MUCH easier. The tools available cover all facets of thing I need, (highlight, redact, digital signatures, etc.) and I only needed to be shown the tools once to understand how to use them.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a little while for something I've "printed" to show up in the inbox, but that would be the case for a normal printer anyway. A quick "refresh" of the page gets it sorted, but speeding this process would be my only request!

Reasons for switching to Updox

Efax is a separate service, while Updox is incorporated with our medical software (Macpractice) This means I can use ONE program for all my needs, as opposed to logging in to a website where I have to download files from my medical software and then upload to the internet based software. Additionally, we were constantly running into "overage" charges and couldn't work with their billing department in a way that made sense for our business.

Bassem

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Great Product. Can be better.

It is pleasing, but can be better.

Pros

Its versatility and consistency. You can easily trust it to ensure that everything you needed done will be done, and if for any reason it is unable to send a fax or a message, it will alert you. It also has great staff/user settings that help in larger teams.

Cons

The inability to fax blast to a contact list. The complexity of adding/importing contact lists. The UI gets messy pretty quickly.

Updox integrated with ComputerRX

Reasons for switching to Updox

Nextiva was unreliable + customer service was garbage.

Sheila

Great software option for telemed, secure and easy to use!

Updox Video Chat has made a real difference in my ability to care for my patients. The quick roll out to address the need for telehealth in the midst of the pandemic helped me to continue to serve my patients when they needed it most.

Pros

The software is easy to use from both the provider and patient side. There is no app to download, and I find my older patients really appreciate that. Video quality is good. It is secure, which is important in a medical practice.

Cons

I would like to see better functionality with charting and using video chat simultaneously. Right now I have to either write notes and transcribe later, or use two computer screens. It would be nice if I could make the chat small and put it in the corner so I could see both at the same time.

Reasons for choosing Updox

Security. I felt like Updox could offer my patients a more secure experience.

Teresa

Great Product, easy to use

Had just a few problems with the initial startup with my computer illiterate co-workers, lol.

Pros

I like the ease of using Updox. I can tag people with faxes for their department, I can edit documents before sending. We were using the old school fax system and having trouble getting faxes or partial faxes . With Updox, we haven't missed anything. And the option to keep the faxes in archive is awesome. Very happy with our purchase.

Cons

The only thing I would change is showing the user name who sent the fax in case it doesn't go thru.

Reasons for choosing Updox

after watching the webinar, I liked the functionality of Updox .

Reasons for switching to Updox

the monthly cost. we are a health clinic and thru faxhd.com we were spending $1400/mo. With Updox, we are spending right around $500/mo.

Excellent product... expensive though

They offer a great product that streamlines receiving and sending faxes. I didn't use any of their other offered services. Overall, it's a good product, but ultimately I decided to go with a cheaper alternative.

Pros

Ease of integration with the EMR. This software worked seamlessly with Practice Fusion EHR.

Cons

The price, they are much more expensive than their competitors. And the fact that just about every communication from them was an attempt to upsell me to purchase another product from their service line.

Because of their integration with Practice Fusion EHR

Christine

Updox Video Chat is an excellent addition to my practice

We were up and running within 15 minutes of having the service available. It has helped tremendously with TeleMed visits during COVID. Our patients love the option of TeleMed.

Pros

Easy to learn and use. Documents telehealth visits very well. Integrates easily with our EMR since we were already using the fax,email and text features.

Cons

It’s so small it’s almost insignificant, but I wish there was an end time option on the summary in addition to the duration. Not a big deal, but it would be a nice feature.

Reasons for choosing Updox

Already were using email, fax and text through Updox. I wanted one central system

Diana

Nice platform

Sales and IT departments are easy to work with. Employees are friendly and knowledgeable.

Pros

Easy to use. Convenience to use from any device.

Cons

Crashing issues. It does crash almost daily with slow importing or inability to send to patient portals.

Response from Updox

Thank you for reviewing Updox. We appreciate the feedback and are glad our solution works well for your business. If you do experience any downtime, please make sure to check our status update page - status.updox.com. Our status update page will notify you with any issues, provide resolutions and workarounds. If you have any questions or concerns in the future, you can always reach out to your dedicated Customer Success Manager to ensure you are getting the most value out of your Updox experience. Thanks for Updoxing!

Replied January 2020

Mary-Beth

Excellent functionality

Micropractice ease to reduce the paper load. Love the user ability to write on forms, sign and date forms without ever needing to print and then re upload .

Pros

I am a nurse practitioner with a micro functional medicine practice, always looking to be as paperless as possible. I love Updox for several reasons. One is that when labs come in, I have many tools to use to sign off on the labs, highlight abnormals, write notes on the lab itself and then easily download the results. Currently Updoz does not interface with my EHR but hopefully in the future for ease of moving it straight into the patients chart. I also love that I can drop a blank word document into the main portal and create a new document right there with ease and then fax out. This makes writing medical necessity letters for patients easy, new lab orders, things that require my signature.

Cons

I wish they would integrate with Power 2 Practice, my EHR. Recently, Updox fixed a feature which has been so helpful. I can now easily resend a fax from where it originated, after writing on it or signing it. That hadn't been a user friendly function before now so thank you!

Alisa

Effective and User Friendly

Like I mentioned, the medical office that I support that uses Updox is not very tech savvy -- and yet they have had fewer problems with Updox than with any other software that they use regularly. When I have needed to install Updox "printers" I was able to find clear instructions online for basic installation, as well as information for the specific issue I was dealing with at the time. When I have needed to contact Updox for technical support the wait was brief and they were able to get me the pertinent information very quickly so that the issue could be resolved.

Pros

I have supported a medical office with 4 providers for over a decade, providing computer and technical support. The medical office has been using Updox for about 6 years. I have been impressed with how user-friendly the product is. Most of the people in this office struggle to update Java every three months (which is a required part of the electronic medical record software.) However, they have been able to install Updox with minimal support from me. The office does occasionally contact Updox's technical support, and they are able to successfully help them the majority of the time. (If Updox's tech support can't solve the problem, then I will get called.)

Cons

Each user has his/her own username and password input into the emulated printer installation, and sometimes the staff ends up inadvertently using someone else's credentials. It doesn't see to affect the running of the software in any significant way (staff has reported no problems from this,) but it is something that I've noticed over the years.

ZAKIA

User for over 8 years in a medial practice

Overall for our practice, it is a huge help. Customer service always return your calls and assist you with any problems you encounter in running the program.

Pros

I like how the software integrates with our EMR program. It saves paper on incoming faxes as well as time for scanning documents from a fax machine into a patient's chart. It makes the workload much easier on the staff as well as myself. I also like that it acts as an email to which we can receive correspondences from there as well.

Cons

I wish some features were less costly such as the scheduling featuring. I wish that was automatically integrated to allow patients to make appointments online to minimize some of the telephone traffic we receive regarding appointments. I also like the call reminder feature to remind patients of appointments but the overall cost outweighs the purchase of the feature.

Reasons for choosing Updox

I didn't choose any other product as it was recommended by my EMR program as useful to use as the program has been designed to sync with one another. So the choice to purchase/use Updox in my practice was an easy decision.

SARAH

Easy to use, processes quickly, simple presentation.

Easy fax/uploading processing

Pros

I love being able to upload things into our EHR with ease. Updox eliminates unnecessary steps in this process. We receive hundreds of faxes per week, and Updox allows us to process them as they come in and send them where they need to go. It's nice to be able to send faxes quickly and accurately as well. The system keeps an archive of everything sent and received, which makes it easier on the receptionists.

Cons

I wish that the system was a little more intuitive as far as what types of documents are within the inbox. We have many people using the software, so at times it can get confusing as to what documents are for who (other than the capability to tag the documents manually). I also don't like the inbox feature, It doesn't seem to have much use. It would be great if documents could be faxed directly to that inbox or emailed.

Response from Updox

Hi Sarah, thank you so much for your review! We appreciate the feedback and are glad we make it easier to fax electronically both quickly and accurately. Thanks for Updoxing!

Replied January 2020

Joyce

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Great streamlined service

This software has made my day-to-day life so much easier and efficient. Being able to fax a load of documents with a couple of clicks makes all the difference. No paper mess.

Pros

What I like most is the ability to send all the documents that I need to fax for the day over to this software, while Updox keeps it organized and in order, easy to view and classify and send with just a couple of clicks. This software also makes it easy to double-check your work and not deal with all the paper mess. The integration to our medical software was easy and simple and troubleshooting anything with the company is always accessible.

Cons

The only feature I dislike is the contacts system. Making a new contact or cleaning up your contact list should be simpler than it is now.

Reasons for choosing Updox

For its simplicity and ability to integrate with other software.

The most pragmatic approach to instant secure video chat I know of

I have used every form of telemedicine video connection in the industry and this is without question the single most pragmatic way to engage anyone instantly for efficient virtual care

Pros

It is tied to a clinical address book, and easily escalated text messaging with patients or other colleagues, or anyone really. The key to video chat is making sure that the event happens when expected, there are no unnecessary delays on either end, and that getting people involved is tied to messaging communication, which is far more of a foundation than any video chat process itself

Cons

Would like the ability to make a phone call out to invite in a translator or third party, same for a group video chat. But I know that is being worked on anyway

Reasons for choosing Updox

its the integration of video chat with the rest of my daily workflow that is so key and valuable

Debra