Updox Reviews

4.52 / 5 (82)

Our advisors have recommended this product 101 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "Easy to use. Convenience to use from any device."

• "The system is super easy to use. Our providers have had a much easier time using this system and so have our patients. It's very straight forward as far as getting connected. "

• "Updox is a great program and has worked beautifully with Practice Fusion. The ease of having faxes come in and be able to directly link to a patients chart is invaluable!"

• Cons

• "It’s so small it’s almost insignificant, but I wish there was an end time option on the summary in addition to the duration. Not a big deal, but it would be a nice feature. "

• "The only thing I would change is showing the user name who sent the fax in case it doesn't go thru. "

• "Initially did not integrate well with existing EMR. IT needed to make work"

Browse Updox Reviews

Cody from Shephard Clinic

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Amazingly Easy to Use

Pros

The software in incredibly easy to use. I can send faxes from my medical records software to other facilities, and I can receive information and input it directly to patient files as well. This has saved me so much time, and makes running the accounts receivable portion of our business MUCH easier. The tools available cover all facets of thing I need, (highlight, redact, digital signatures, etc.) and I only needed to be shown the tools once to understand how to use them.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a little while for something I've "printed" to show up in the inbox, but that would be the case for a normal printer anyway. A quick "refresh" of the page gets it sorted, but speeding this process would be my only request!

Frank from Frank R. Baum, M.D., Inc.

Updox

Only wish that we could have our office phone number identified when texts and calls go to the patients.

Pros

Allows rapid secure text messaging from my computer to patients. Ease to set up and learn. Allows easy fax retrieval and sorting. Not wasting paper for unwanted faxes. Charges are not per document or usage per client. Patients with appointments are easily reminded and asked to confirm the date. Cuts down on staff having to call each patient for a reminder (and the patients rarely answer our reminder call). They pay attention to their texts.

Cons

Patients cannot identify incoming texts due to random phone number generation by Updox. Patients are wary about opening the text since they do not recognize the phone number. Cannot upload PDF's forms for completion for the patients. They need to be recreated in the Updox platform first. We want to use our forms that we already have, not reformat and retype it in Updox.

Reasons for Choosing Updox

Did not want to pay per patient or per usage.

Stacy from Sanchez pediatrics

Chronic Issues

Many errors. Chronic issues. We often have to contact support. I believe that the system is slow and outdated. Has some great features, but is so slow, when doing anything. We purchased because this product is recommended by our EHR, but the compatibility isn’t impressive.

Pros

The ease of the software is easy, as long as it is functioning. We love the reminder dashboard, we however sometimes wait for hours to send or receive electronic faxes.

Cons

We have chronic errors, and delays in the importing of documents from Updox into our actual EMR. It is supposed to work with our existing ehr, however we have major delays when importing urgent reports into patient charts

Reasons for Choosing Updox

Was specifically developed to work with our existing emr. Attended demo at healthcare seminar

Response from Updox

Replied January 2020

Thank you for your review of Updox. We appreciate the feedback and forwarded this information to our Support team who will reach out to you for resolution. If you do experience any downtime, please check our status update page - status.updox.com. Our status update page will notify you with any issues, provide resolutions and workarounds. If you do have any future questions or concerns, please contact your dedicated Customer Success Manager to ensure you get the most value out of your Updox experience. Thanks for Updoxing!

Bassem from Akina Pharmacy

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Great Product. Can be better.

It is pleasing, but can be better.

Pros

Its versatility and consistency. You can easily trust it to ensure that everything you needed done will be done, and if for any reason it is unable to send a fax or a message, it will alert you. It also has great staff/user settings that help in larger teams.

Cons

The inability to fax blast to a contact list. The complexity of adding/importing contact lists. The UI gets messy pretty quickly.

Updox integrated with ComputerRX

Dan from Wasatch Pediatrics

Updox Video

Updox representative responds to needs quickly and service has made telehealth transition quick and relatively easy.

Pros

The ease of which links can be sent to patients and connectedness to our EMR is fantastic.

Cons

We are excited for the ability to add multiple attendees in family separation situations and group offerings. We are also interested in expanded capabilities including online screening formats. Some users have difficult enabling video/audio equipment.

Sheila from Infinity Family Wellness

Great software option for telemed, secure and easy to use!

Updox Video Chat has made a real difference in my ability to care for my patients. The quick roll out to address the need for telehealth in the midst of the pandemic helped me to continue to serve my patients when they needed it most.

Pros

The software is easy to use from both the provider and patient side. There is no app to download, and I find my older patients really appreciate that. Video quality is good. It is secure, which is important in a medical practice.

Cons

I would like to see better functionality with charting and using video chat simultaneously. Right now I have to either write notes and transcribe later, or use two computer screens. It would be nice if I could make the chat small and put it in the corner so I could see both at the same time.

Reasons for Choosing Updox

Security. I felt like Updox could offer my patients a more secure experience.

Teresa from Valley Industrial & Family Medical Group, Inc

Great Product, easy to use

Had just a few problems with the initial startup with my computer illiterate co-workers, lol.

Pros

I like the ease of using Updox. I can tag people with faxes for their department, I can edit documents before sending. We were using the old school fax system and having trouble getting faxes or partial faxes . With Updox, we haven't missed anything. And the option to keep the faxes in archive is awesome. Very happy with our purchase.

Reasons for Choosing Updox

after watching the webinar, I liked the functionality of Updox .

Christine from Preferred Women's Health

Updox Video Chat is an excellent addition to my practice

We were up and running within 15 minutes of having the service available. It has helped tremendously with TeleMed visits during COVID. Our patients love the option of TeleMed.

Pros

Easy to learn and use. Documents telehealth visits very well. Integrates easily with our EMR since we were already using the fax,email and text features.

Reasons for Choosing Updox

Already were using email, fax and text through Updox. I wanted one central system

Mary-Beth from Mary-Beth Charno, NP

Excellent functionality

Micropractice ease to reduce the paper load. Love the user ability to write on forms, sign and date forms without ever needing to print and then re upload .

Pros

I am a nurse practitioner with a micro functional medicine practice, always looking to be as paperless as possible. I love Updox for several reasons. One is that when labs come in, I have many tools to use to sign off on the labs, highlight abnormals, write notes on the lab itself and then easily download the results. Currently Updoz does not interface with my EHR but hopefully in the future for ease of moving it straight into the patients chart. I also love that I can drop a blank word document into the main portal and create a new document right there with ease and then fax out. This makes writing medical necessity letters for patients easy, new lab orders, things that require my signature.

Cons

I wish they would integrate with Power 2 Practice, my EHR. Recently, Updox fixed a feature which has been so helpful. I can now easily resend a fax from where it originated, after writing on it or signing it. That hadn't been a user friendly function before now so thank you!

Diana from WELLBEINGMD, LTD.

Nice platform

Sales and IT departments are easy to work with. Employees are friendly and knowledgeable.

Pros

Easy to use. Convenience to use from any device.

Cons

Crashing issues. It does crash almost daily with slow importing or inability to send to patient portals.

Response from Updox

Replied January 2020

Thank you for reviewing Updox. We appreciate the feedback and are glad our solution works well for your business. If you do experience any downtime, please make sure to check our status update page - status.updox.com. Our status update page will notify you with any issues, provide resolutions and workarounds. If you have any questions or concerns in the future, you can always reach out to your dedicated Customer Success Manager to ensure you are getting the most value out of your Updox experience. Thanks for Updoxing!

Alisa from Phoenix Tech Gurus

Effective and User Friendly

Like I mentioned, the medical office that I support that uses Updox is not very tech savvy -- and yet they have had fewer problems with Updox than with any other software that they use regularly. When I have needed to install Updox "printers" I was able to find clear instructions online for basic installation, as well as information for the specific issue I was dealing with at the time. When I have needed to contact Updox for technical support the wait was brief and they were able to get me the pertinent information very quickly so that the issue could be resolved.

Pros

I have supported a medical office with 4 providers for over a decade, providing computer and technical support. The medical office has been using Updox for about 6 years. I have been impressed with how user-friendly the product is. Most of the people in this office struggle to update Java every three months (which is a required part of the electronic medical record software.) However, they have been able to install Updox with minimal support from me. The office does occasionally contact Updox's technical support, and they are able to successfully help them the majority of the time. (If Updox's tech support can't solve the problem, then I will get called.)

Cons

Each user has his/her own username and password input into the emulated printer installation, and sometimes the staff ends up inadvertently using someone else's credentials. It doesn't see to affect the running of the software in any significant way (staff has reported no problems from this,) but it is something that I've noticed over the years.

ZAKIA from PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ASSOCIATES

User for over 8 years in a medial practice

Overall for our practice, it is a huge help. Customer service always return your calls and assist you with any problems you encounter in running the program.

Pros

I like how the software integrates with our EMR program. It saves paper on incoming faxes as well as time for scanning documents from a fax machine into a patient's chart. It makes the workload much easier on the staff as well as myself. I also like that it acts as an email to which we can receive correspondences from there as well.

Cons

I wish some features were less costly such as the scheduling featuring. I wish that was automatically integrated to allow patients to make appointments online to minimize some of the telephone traffic we receive regarding appointments. I also like the call reminder feature to remind patients of appointments but the overall cost outweighs the purchase of the feature.

Reasons for Choosing Updox

I didn't choose any other product as it was recommended by my EMR program as useful to use as the program has been designed to sync with one another. So the choice to purchase/use Updox in my practice was an easy decision.

SARAH from Biotek Labs

Easy to use, processes quickly, simple presentation.

Easy fax/uploading processing

Pros

I love being able to upload things into our EHR with ease. Updox eliminates unnecessary steps in this process. We receive hundreds of faxes per week, and Updox allows us to process them as they come in and send them where they need to go. It's nice to be able to send faxes quickly and accurately as well. The system keeps an archive of everything sent and received, which makes it easier on the receptionists.

Cons

I wish that the system was a little more intuitive as far as what types of documents are within the inbox. We have many people using the software, so at times it can get confusing as to what documents are for who (other than the capability to tag the documents manually). I also don't like the inbox feature, It doesn't seem to have much use. It would be great if documents could be faxed directly to that inbox or emailed.

Response from Updox

Replied January 2020

Hi Sarah, thank you so much for your review! We appreciate the feedback and are glad we make it easier to fax electronically both quickly and accurately. Thanks for Updoxing!

Andrew from Barbash Virtual Care

The most pragmatic approach to instant secure video chat I know of

I have used every form of telemedicine video connection in the industry and this is without question the single most pragmatic way to engage anyone instantly for efficient virtual care

Pros

It is tied to a clinical address book, and easily escalated text messaging with patients or other colleagues, or anyone really. The key to video chat is making sure that the event happens when expected, there are no unnecessary delays on either end, and that getting people involved is tied to messaging communication, which is far more of a foundation than any video chat process itself

Cons

Would like the ability to make a phone call out to invite in a translator or third party, same for a group video chat. But I know that is being worked on anyway

Reasons for Choosing Updox

its the integration of video chat with the rest of my daily workflow that is so key and valuable

Debra from MacDonald Healthcare

Updox took my practice to the next leel

I am able to receive faxes directly to my computer. If they are concerning a patient they can be integrated right into their chart on Practice Fusion. Since starting the message and call reminders of appointments my no shows have dropped to almost nothing now.

Pros

Updox integrates with Practice Fusion. I can use Updox from any location that I am at on my computer. It is easy to send reminder message to patients about appointments. It is easy to text patients when you can not reach them by phone The new features that were added work great especially since much of my practice in the last 3 months has been on line due to COVID 19.

Cons

If I have over 15 documents to send to one place if they are not on page 1 then I have to do multiple faxes.

Reasons for Choosing Updox

I choose Updox because of the integration with Practice Fusion.

Heather from DYNAMIC FAMILY MEDICINE, PLLC

UPDOX VIDEO CHAT REVIEW

We offer telemedicine visits while insurance companies are still accepting these types of visits.

Pros

My office used Updox daily for incoming electronic faxes and for our outgoing faxes. When Updox offered a video chat I jumped at the chance because it was right around the time when COVID-19 first appeared and people were using Zoom. I tried using Zoom but it had no where near the capabilities that Updox has. It was easier to use and because I was already a customer with Updox it would look up the patient name and number or email address. It also has a place to document for the record and a place for pictures. This is really helpful. I also loved the fact that it was HIPAA compliant. Zoom was not.

Cons

I can't think of anything I would change.

Reasons for Choosing Updox

HIPAA compliant and easy to use.

Aanchal from Tpmd

Not a good flow

Average. Would swich to doxy.me On Doxy I can send messages on chat window to patient to drop them a quick message. Also the flow is much better, where patient is waiting in virtual waiting room (similar to real life) and I just take the call.

Pros

Connected to practice fusion so phone number does not need to be added

Cons

I am sorry to say but the flow is not good for a physician office. Whoever designed it did not have Physician office flow in mind. As a physician it’s not efficient if I send a message or email to a patient and then wait for several minutes for patient to join in. I am wasting that time. Or I have to call the patient to check their email

Elizabeth from Acadia medical Center, PA

Fax Service

Very satisfied. It is very practical to be able to directly transfer reports to patients' charts, send faxes to specialists, secure messages to portals. It is a very efficient program.

Pros

We mainly used Updox for faxes an emails. It is integrated to our medical records system so it is very effective. It is a time saver product. We are very satisfied with it. Unfortunately, they have moved to the internet access. I loved the fact that we could just click on the icon on the desktop and launch Updox.

Cons

Nothing. I have no issues with Updox and if we have a connection problem, support is always readily available.

Chris from Bret Price, ARNP

Satisfied user

The workload for our office would be tremendous without this exceptional tool. Great product! The newer feature of being able to text from Updox has streamlined much of our basic communication and helped close a gap for patient appointment reminders.

Pros

Cons

Our's is a small business, and the monthly fee can be a higher cost for the service.

Due to it's relationship with Practice Fusion

Michelle from JLS Infusion Nurse Staffing Service

Thanks Updox!!

Overall, I am extremely happy with Updox! The application itself as well as the employees that have helped us out along the way!

Pros

I love the easiness of using Updox! I don't have to hunt around, bother customer service for what I need to do. Some of the other software/applications that I use, are time consuming and exhausting to figure out.

Cons

I would like to see it integrate with my EMR so that I don't have to download documents from Updox and then upload them into the EMR.

the simplicity of it.

Cambric from Elite Sport & Personal Injury

We have been able to continue treating our patients during COVID-19 while keeping our staff safe and our patients safe.

Pros

The feature that has been most beneficial to our practice are that it integrates with our EHR system, which allows all the faxes, messages, photos, summaries to be easily imported into the patients' charts.

Cons

The only issues we have had with this software are not really issues with the actual software. We have recently started using the Video feature to comply with the CDC guidelines and still allow us to treat our patients. It is very easy to use, both on our end and the patient end, as there is nothing for them to download. The only time we have had issues have been when the patient does not have good signal. Again, not an issue with Updox itself, just the only issue we have had thus far.

Reasons for Choosing Updox

We were already using Updox in our practice and were already trained in how it works with our EHR. I just sent an email after a Webinar that I watched to see how we could get started with the Video Chat portion of the product, and two days later, we were set to go.

Ruth from Ruth Lowengart, MD

Indispensable addition to the office

Saving time, paper, and effort for faxes and reminders.

Pros

Updox is my fax machine. It is so easy to use, and saves paper and time. I can import directly to my electronic medical record, I can get faxes from home and respond quickly to requests that come via fax. I t has saved a lot of time for my office staff, they don't have to call patients any more because they get reminders.

Cons

The reminder system needs to have more options

Savannah from Family Care Center

Great Customer Service and Ease of Use

We have been able to conduct telehealth visits for our vulnerable patients to keep them safe at home during the COVID outbreak.

Pros

We use Updox all day every day for fax and document management. When we decided to implement telehealth, we were able to do so in less than 72 hours with the help of Updox! The transition was super easy for staff and patients.

Cons

Difficult to correctly set up users with security settings. There isn't a ton of guidance.

Richard from Apex Health

Saved our practice during COVID-19

We perform drug tests at every visit. Switching to Video Chat allowed us to replace urine tests with saliva tests, which are easier to monitor for us. This has helped reduce the number of patients coming through the office and allowed patients to stay at home during the Shelter at Home orders.

Pros

Video Chats are very easy to use on our end and allow us to take pictures of patients and the results of their tests so that the providers can review them later if necessary. We like that patients do not have to download an app to use, and can access on phones, laptops, tablets, or home computers.

Cons

The quality of pictures unfortunately is poor sometimes even on newer phones, but this might be a function on internet quality. It would be nice to be able to customize the Summary Page more before importing files into charts.

Reasons for Choosing Updox

This is less expensive than other options we looked at. In addition, it is easy to import the summaries directly into Amazing charts. We also like the option of taking pictures. Others allowed for videos and some didn't allow us to take any pictures at all.

Jacqueline from WellBeingMD

Not very visually appealing

We are about to eliminate our fax machine and have our incoming correspondence go directly to Updox, to eliminate paper waste, so that is a good thing. In general, however, the lack of response when the entire system is down is really a detriment to operations. I think that if they know that the entire network is down, they should send an email blast or something to notify users that it is on their end and not the practitioner's end.

Pros

The best feature of this program is that it allows you to color your messages by user, so you know which of the many items in the inbox belongs to which user.

Cons

Imported pages are impossible to read. I don't understand the concept of the hovering magnifying glass. Why can't you see the entire page at once? It's not at all user friendly when it comes to being visually appealing or easy to use.

Response from Updox

Replied January 2020

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback. We have forwarded your question and information to our product team for evaluation. If you do experience any additional downtime, please check our status update page - status.updox.com. Our status update page will notify you with any issues, provide resolutions and workarounds. For future questions or concerns, please contact your dedicated Customer Success Manager to ensure you are getting the most value out of your Updox experience. Thank you for Updoxing!

Matthew from Wellbox Inc

A good solution if you are an EHR user. Needs help as a stand alone product

Pros

I have not lost a fax or had an issue with faxes not sending. Almost no downtime in 7 years.

Cons

I do not want to add a number to my contacts when I send a fax. I would like to setup routing rules. I would like to make sending faxes easier for my team: If they had an email address where they could email an attachment with the outbound phone number in the subject.

Vinodh from APNNA

Updox for APNNA

communication with patients and physicians

Pros

electronic faxing to referring physicians communication with patients through secure portal

Cons

I would like to see this completely embedded or integrated into the EHR software that I use (Amazing Charts), rather than having to launch a separate software.

opportunity to integrate into EHR that I was considering

Alexis from Valley Women's Health

A great solution to outdated fax machines

Overall, Updox is a great tool for any office. It allows you to kick old fax machines to the curb and simplify the faxing process overall. It's simple and efficient and has many features that allow you to customize faxes to your specific needs.

Pros

Updox is great to use for any office with multiple locations or any office wanting to be more environmentally friendly. I love that Updox lets me convert documents straight from my computer to a fax and makes it a breeze to send these to other businesses or even clients. It's a great solution to so many simple office problems.

Cons

There is a learning curve in using Updox that requires time to know how to use it properly. Once this is overcome though, it's simple to continue use and makes faxing efficient.

Response from Updox

Replied January 2020

We appreciate your feedback and are glad our solution is working so well for your business. If you have any questions or concerns in the future, you can always reach out to your dedicated Customer Success Manager who will ensure you are getting the most value out of your Updox experience. Thanks for Updoxing and thanks for your review!

megan from Nashville Skin and Cancer PLC

Just in time!

Pros

I had been looking into Updox for over a year and we finally pulled the trigger earlier this year and it could not have been better timing. I can not imagine getting through this uncertain period with COVID 19 without the help of Updox. Not only did the video chat function help with seeing patients during a world-wide shut down, we were also able to navigate faxes, emails and communicate with our patients on one easy to use platform. Everyone has commented on the improved function of our EMR since switching to Updox- from the Partners to the providers, staff and patients alike- we cannot say enough about all that we have been able to accomplish with the help of Updox.

Cons

The transition was pretty seamless! We have had a little trouble with integrating our images into charts, but all minor problems in the grand scheme of things. Whenever we do run into issues, our rep and customer support team are quick to help- it is very refreshing!

brittany from jmu

no paper fax

Overall this system has been helpful during my workplace!

Pros

I really liked how the software is paper friendly because instead of receiving fax paper through a fax machine, you are able to receive in electronically. I think this saves a lot of paper and also helps import into patients electronic charts easier. I also like how the feature also connects to a lot of EHR systems so that it is easily transferred.

Cons

There are times where I wouldn't be able to receive fax from other medical practices and would receive many calls of if we had received their fax. I am not sure if it is due to connection or just the software itself but that was one con about this software for me.

Response from Updox

Replied January 2020

Thank you for your review of Updox. We appreciate the feedback and are glad our solution is working so well for your business. If you have any questions or concerns in the future, you can always reach out to your Customer Success Manager - who is your dedicated resource to ensure you are getting the most value out of your Updox experience. Thanks for Updoxing!

Marcie from Mt Ayr Medical Clinic

UPDOX

Often times the manual fax machines will not complete the fax or they jam up if it is a lengthy fax. UPDOX faxes every time.

Pros

The ability to pull records directly from the pt's chart into the UPDOX program for faxing.

Cons

Inability to use a referral providers cover sheet or "loose" records to upload into UPDOX

Cyndee from Montgomery Medical, Inc.

Updox Review

Phone lines are not tied up with faxes. Our paper usage has dropped and employees are able to manage their work without the need of papers being handled by 5 other people.

Pros

We are using the fax solution of this product. For a paperless Medical Office, we were swimming in a vast amount of paper. Faxes to and from, reports, charts, external correspondence, it was overwhelming. Updox has provided a real paperless solution to the management of our workflows. The program enables employees to work from their workstations electronically, without waiting in line at the fax machine, printing reams of paper, only to be faxed back and placed in the overflowing shred box. Faxed items can be forwarded, signed and faxed back to the sender in a seamless workflow.

Cons

It needs to interface with NextGen Office - our EHR.

Reasons for Choosing Updox

Updox seemed to have the most usable solution to our issues.

Suzanne from Suzanne Rosenberg, MD

Time saver

I can fax from anywhere and can communicate in a hipaa-compliant fashion with my patience

Pros

I use this with amazing charts and it integrates perfectly. I am able to send HIPAA compliant messages to my patience

Cons

It is not easy to search for something unless it happens to be in the title of the subject

Jimmy from Longs Peak Family Practice

Very easty to use

It has been very easy to use...overall very positive experience

Pros

Video telehealth capability. It is very easy to use and allows me to take a picture of the patient to save to their chart as a record of the visit.

Cons

No issues. Everything has worked to our offices needs without any issues.

Marvin from Marvin L Garcia MD (site 400122)

Longtime User

Very Satisfied with the product

Pros

Ease of setup and use are what led me to switching to Updox many years ago.

Cons

Nothing. They have stayed ahead of what the consumer needs to maintain a medical practice.

Reasons for Choosing Updox

Again, it was very simple to set up and integrate with my medical EMR.

vimarie from armistice urgent care

great product

Pros

The text message feature helps us connect easier with our patients in reminding of appointments.

Cons

I do not have any cons at this time. Everything has worked great for my use of the system/product.

Kevin from Medicap Pharmacy

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Why I use Dropbox

Pleasant

Pros

Retrieving files across platforms and the ability to share files

Cons

no auto sync if I don't have DB loaded on the computer I am using at the time.

Recommendation from a friend

Tiffany from Joplin Primary Care

Updox review from primary care office

We save alot of time a paper using Updox for our faxing needs.

Pros

The ease of using the program on a daily basis.

Cons

We don't have any negative concerns at this time!

Tonya from Dothan Obgyn

Honest Opinon

Only one system for sending and receiving faxes and also the ease of reminders being in the same system also

Pros

I love the Blast feature of the product and also the ease of dropping in files to be faxed.

Cons

Not enough characters for custom blast messages and limits on which patients you can include/exclude in the blast messages

Dustin from High Plains Family Medicine

Customer service lacks

Poor printer drivers make it unreliable and time consuming.

Pros

It is easy to integrate with Amazing Charts.

Cons

I rarely leave a bad review. THeir customer service hasn't replied to me in over a week now, I called and no call back. Their instructions to install printers don't even have windows 10 in many of them. The printer drivers don't consistently stay connected. Faxes are often shown with lines making them hard to read. I may change my opinion if they actually contact me to help, but I would chose another software over this if you have an option.

Response from Updox

Replied January 2020

Thank you for your review of Updox. We appreciate the feedback and have forwarded your information to our Support team. Our support team is always available 8:00am to 8:00pm ET Monday through Friday via phone and our live chat. For additional information about chat, please go here: https://updox.com/support.

Jennifer from Coastal Family Medicine

Excellent Product

Pros

Easy to use. Intuitive format. No bugs. Fast

Cons

Initially did not integrate well with existing EMR. IT needed to make work

Onel from Alvarez Diaz pediatrics

Manageable

Pros

Quick connection and reliable at times without a glich.

Cons

Some times laggy and difficult for older generations.

Dawn from Dr Brian Moraes

Administration

NA

Pros

Length of time a fax is sent to being received

Cons

Nothing really it works for our practice

Peggy from Erasing Diabetes

Great service

I am confident and happy with updox

Pros

Easy for patient to use. That is big because so many platforms require downloading and logging in. To much to ask for a patient to do to co tact me.

Cons

It’s not too difficult to delete video call

Sherry from Gibson Area Hospital/Family Health Care of Gibson City

Video Chat Helps Keep our Patients & Staff Healthy & Safe

We purchased originally for patients to come to our office and be connected to our provider who is out-of-state this year on a fellowship; however, due to COVID-19 pandemic we ultimately began using to reach patients at their homes while we were at the office. Here in Illinois with an extended stay-at-home order from April 30th to now thru May 29th, we are very glad to be able to offer this service to our patients with the help of insurance companies covering this type of service as well during this difficult time. We would not have been able to help patients who are unable to come to our office due to transportation services being limited in our rural area due to COVID-19 as well as those patients who do not want to venture out of their homes during this time.

Pros

Video Chat was easy to set-up and very convenient for our providers and patients. We simply send a link to our patient's smart phone, allow their camera to have access, and then they are connected to our provider here thru video chat. Our provider can take notes while talking to the patient and take pictures when applicable for documentation and treatment purposes.

Cons

I can not think of anything at this time that is difficult or could be changed at this point.

Margaret from Gulfport OBGYN Clinic

Helping Healthcare

Pros

Easy training options. Easy to log in and utilize all the features.

Cons

Struggling with updating in real time with EMDS and Updox. No solution has been found at this point.

Malorie from Salisbury pharmacy

Best service yet!

Pros

It’s great that everything is integrated to see at your computer screen. No more technical errors dealing with the fax machine

Cons

Nothing at all. Great customer service!

Achilles from Achilles Kalnoky, MD PA

Daily User, Medial Practice

Pros

Great way to keep faxes organized digitally

Cons

Cant rearrange folders. Can't make sub-folders Typing buggy

Jacqueline from Pulmonary and Sleep Associates LLC

Updox User

Pros

The faxing into the system without having to print. Also the call reminders for our patients.

Cons

I do not have any cons to list. We have been very pleased with Updox.

DENISE from SUNFLOWER PEDIATRICS LLC

Updox Evaluation/Survey

Need to pay attention to what is selected so has not to send other patients info to selected patients chart

Pros

Less paper to work with. Saving on paper and ink

Cons

1.When sending docs from updox to patient chart, the software may send docs from prior sent tray to selected patients chart. 2.Price

Reasons for Choosing Updox

Less steps in adding docs to charts