All Ginger Reviews

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2021

A decent tool to improve your writing

I have been using Ginger for many years to check, correct, and rephrase my writing to make my papers flawless.

PROS

Very simple and easy-to-use tool. Flexible. it works on PCs and mobile. I like that it can be easily integrated into Microsoft word and chrome. Ginger has many helpful features, like paraphrasing and read back, which is very appreciated by non-native English speakers.

CONS

I find it very annoying not to work with Google Docs. Also, the chrome extension does not work properly. It would be great if there is full offline proofreading. Other than that, I am very pleased with Ginger.

Hello, Thank you for your feedback.. We currently don't fully support Google Docs but we are working to be fully compatible with Google docs. If you encounter with any technical issues, please contact our support staff - support@gingersoftware.com. Regards, The Ginger Team

Replied May 2021

Suraj

Renewables & Environment, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed June 2023

Ginger- the best add on tool for easy proofreading and daily communication

Its a perfect life saver tools for someone involves in a lot of customer interaction through mail or preaparing any kind of official document. Perfect on the go suggestions, grammar check and rephrasing a sentence makes it very convenient to use.

PROS

Its easiness and used friendly interface for instance correction of the Grammar and rephrase any sentence.

CONS

The Rephrase statement option has limited suggestions. which need to be taken care.

convenient to use

Hi Suraj, Thank you so much for your positive feedback and for taking the time to post this review. Please continue to share your feedback, as we always love hearing feedback from our users! We are all ears on how we can continue to improve Ginger together. Thanks again, Ginger Support team

Replied July 2023

Gerrit

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Ginger stop working

The company is not responsive to any user queries- See: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

PROS

It used to be a great product. It worked well with MS Word.

CONS

Ginger is taking people's money and its not working at all! Ginger stop working on MS Office - since Flash is required and is has been discontinued. It is also not working in Google Doc. They are now running a fraudulent operation. It used to be great and I was and will be a great fan - if it starts working again - At this stage they are sealing users' money!

Hello Gerrit, The latest update of Windows removed support for Flash Player. This prevents Ginger from working. We have launched a new Ginger app for Windows and Microsoft Office. In addition to fixing the issue with the latest Windows update, it features: Fast one-click correction from any application on your computer Smart alternatives to add creativity and style to your writing New Microsoft Office add-in to boost your productivity in Word and Outlook. Rephrase integration with Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. A mistake by mistake explanation and correction in Word and Outlook New shortcuts for Correction-(Ctrl+Enter) and Rephrase (Ctrl+R) To download the new version, please head to our download page - Grammar Check, Spell Check & Proofreading Ginger (gingersoftware.com) *Please remove Ginger's old version before proceeding and installing the new version!!! For further support, please contact - support@gingersoftware.com Regards, The Ginger Team.

Replied May 2021

Rahul

Consumer Goods, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Mastering English Grammar with Ginger

PROS

Ginger is a great tool to improve English grammar skills. Ginger provides easy-to-use features that help identify and correct grammar mistakes, such as misused words, spelling mistakes, plagiarism, incorrect verb tenses, and incorrect punctuation. The best feature I liked about Ginger is explanations for each mistake, so users can understand why it was made and how to avoid making the same mistake in the future. Ginger offers a wide range of writing and editing tools that can help users refine their writing.

CONS

I'm really satisfied with what Ginger offers. Ginger needs upgrade its add-in for MS office suite and Ginger Desktop application, it is a old school application needs to improve its UI.

Hi Rahul, Thank you so much for your positive feedback and for taking the time to post this review. Please continue to share your feedback, as we always love hearing feedback from our users! We are all ears on how we can continue to improve Ginger together. Thanks again, Ginger Support team

diksha

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Highly Reliable Software for Grammar and Spell checks

One of the best software to try that delivers high accuracy results. It helps you save your time and energy in fishing for the errors and rectifying the same.

PROS

Its ben three years now that I have been using Ginger Software and it has never let me down. As a writer I need to be quite particular about my grammar and spellings. Therefore, this software has everything to help me relieve for repetitive and the taxing process of checking for any grammatical or spelling errors, if any. Besides that it also provides various online drill sessions and tutorials to help one learn enhance his/her grammar.

CONS

The only thing that I do not like about Ginger is that it does not work in Google docs. Firstly you are supposed to write your text in the Ginger and then transfer the same from there to Google docs.

Dear Diksha, Thank you so much for your positive feedback. You are correct, at the moment we are not compatible with Google Docs, we are looking for better solutions and hopefully a full integration into Google Docs. We wish you to keep enjoying Ginger.

Reviewed July 2023

Ginger Review

good grammar checker and writing assistant. It is effective, easy to use, and available on multiple platforms. However, the paid plan is expensive and it can sometimes be inaccurate.

PROS

Ginger is a very effective grammar checker.Easy to use.Free plan.

CONS

Paid plan is expensive.sometimes identify errors that are not actually errors.

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed April 2019

A renowned and impressive grammar checker tool

The functions of ginger are too much to look at it's negatives. It has so much helped me to write more like a pro.

PROS

It has plugins available for at least all major browsers. It has a great check accuracy, detects all major errors and grammatical blunders in your text. free version works fine too.

CONS

System app sometimes slows down my computer. I hope they resolve this for I still need to continue using ginger. I really have to bear with it to get the best of it's features.

Hello, Thank you so much for your review. We were happy to read your review and happy to learn you enjoy and benefit from using Ginger. We would suggest contacting our support staff to understand the technical issue you have mentioned regarding your PC. Please contact - support@gingersoftware.com Regards, The Ginger Team.

Efren

Management Consulting, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2018

It helps!

PROS

It gives me an idea if the sentence construction is correct or grammatically right. It allows me to countercheck my email composition as well.

CONS

Sometimes the suggested phrases or sentences don't really match to what we are really saying and it seems to be off to the sentence as well

Hi Efren, Thanks for the review! We know Ginger isn't always perfect, but we're committed to making it the best it can possibly be for you. My direct email is ann@gingersoftware.com if you have any feedback on our correction. I look forward to speaking to you about how we can continue to improve Ginger. All the best, The Ginger Team

Double and Triple Your Work with Ginger

I am a multi tasker and in a desire to get stuff done quickly I miss simple typos that would make my work look sloppy, Giner has corrected that for me.

PROS

I like that I can be certain I have not missed any typos and correct in real time.

CONS

Sometimes when I have to copy and paste into Ginger Writer suggestions do not always show up. Sometimes Ginger will delete a word that is a mistake.

Hi, Thank you for your review. We would recommend contacting our support staff to try and solve any technical issue you have encountered with Ginger. Support@gingersoftware.com Regards, The Ginger Team.

Reviewed May 2018

A helpful extension to avoid grammatical embarassment!

This app do have simple set-up and intuitive in terms of identifying and correcting grammar errors in writing. As it offers not only error identification, spell checking but also rephrasing based on the context as well as easy click on the pronunciation. This could also translate text to other languages, another cool feature.

PROS

It suggests words and add-on as the tool identifies grammar errors. It has a built-in plagiarism checker too that is very important for publishers and writers. The tool can check on a context-specific writing and can also suggest a possible "rephrase". Another cool thing about this tool is that it already has a text reader which could help improve not only the writing skills but also the pronunciation - less time checking using a different tool/software.

CONS

It needs internet connection before using it. Pricing may be a bit costly for some writers and there are some other tools other than Ginger that can perform better.

Hi, thanks for leaving us a review :) We now offer Ginger Premium starting at $9.99 per month if you buy the two year plan. All the best, The Ginger Team

Khan

Human Resources, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2019

Improvement for the future

Good I appreciate customer service. The staff contact immediately and try to fix the issue.

PROS

Reading of the text. I listen to the writing draft while editing. Rephrase provides me subtitute and suitable syntax

CONS

payment process. the update process is so annoying. I updated in 2018 despite I received many messages for an update. And, I could not update although I paid the amount. In the advertisement of ginger, I observe several functions however when I used the software all functions don't run properly.

Dear Khan, Thank you for your feedback. As part of our will to improve the payment process as well as the other cons mentioned, please contact our marketing manager Michael Libman - michaell@gingersoftware.com and elaborate on these issues as they are extremely important to us. Regards, The Ginger Team.

Replied July 2019

Saif

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Best Tool For ProofReading

I am happy to have ginger in my daily life, it is good and saves my time.

PROS

Ginger is best tool to check and proofread my sentences. It help me to fix any errors on my email.

CONS

Nahh...i did not think i faced any problem after having ginger on my system

Hi Saif, Absolutely love to hear that you've been enjoying Ginger. Thank you so much for your positive feedback and for taking the time to post this review. Please continue to share your feedback, as we always love hearing feedback from our users! Thanks again, Ginger Support team

Mohammed

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

Reviewed January 2019

Proof reading is now easy with Ginger

I used Ginger all the time and it really helps me to avoid any silly grammar mistakes.

PROS

I like the browser extension the most. It help me to proof read all my emails that I sent. As a Professor I usually pay a lot of attention to grammar and Ginger helps me a lot to avoid any embarrassing mistakes . I also recommend it for my students and they usually find it very useful and convenient for them.

CONS

Nothing so far that I can recall right now. Ginger has been always useful to me and to my students.

Dear Mohammed, We are delighted to read your review. Thank you for the positive feedback. We are happy that you have chosen our product. All the best.

Replied January 2019

arla

Government Administration, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2019

a review

I have learned that i make similar mistakes over and over again and ginger has pointed out those examples for me and I have been able to correct them. I have used it to rephrase some sentences, and also to check the correct spelling in research papers

PROS

easy to use, even better than others currently on market. you can use it online or in word-documents. there is no limit in words or pages to check

CONS

it does not always understand the content especially if it is a specific research topic. I would like ginger to have more choices of how to refine or rephrase your own sentences

Dear Arla, Thank you for your feedback. As you know there is no perfect grammar solution out there, but we are doing the best we can the achieve that goal of being the best in the industry and as close to perfection as possible, Regards, The Ginger Team.

Replied July 2019

Camillo

Reviewed December 2017

Awesome

PROS

This software is mandatory for non English speakers. Easy to use, corrects all english mistakes and works on different platforms

CONS

The interface is good, works with word and outlook, but for speeding up the process, the iOS keyboard is missing

Hi Camillo, Thanks for the review! We now offer an iOS app called Ginger Writer. You can download it in the link below. https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ginger-grammar-spellchecker/id822797943 All the best, The Ginger Team

Banking, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Subscription Problems

Avoid this company at all costs. This is another in a series of fraudulent internet firms.

PROS

Nothing, it simply does not perform well enough to use.

CONS

We tried to cancel the monthly subscription but Ginger refused to accept cancellation and continued to charge. We had to cancel the company credit card to end the subscription.

Reasons for switching to Ginger

Ginger is a fraudulent operation. Being an firm centered in Israel we should have known.

Dear John, Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to read that Ginger didn't perform as expected. Our refund policy is very simple. We provide with 7 days of testing and reviewing our software, if the client wishes to cancel within these 7 days, we shall fully refund him, otherwise if the subscription was automatically renewed or it was more than 7 days we shall only cancel the next renewal to avoid further charges. I have tried to look for your case with our support staff but was unable to locate and case with your name involved. Please consider contacting support if you haven't done so and we shall discuss your case further - support@gingersoftware.com We have more than a million users worldwide with great feedbacks, I am sorry that you are not among these users but to call Ginger a fraudulent company is false information, and being an Israeli company doesn't mean anything. We are a respected company otherwise we wouldn't give attention to your review.

Replied November 2020

Bukenya kasiko

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2022

For quite 1-2 years I have found this software interesting.

It has eased for me the task of writing in a language with which I'm not familiar.

PROS

Ginger is interesting when I'm writing any foreign language with which I'm not familiar.

CONS

No problem so far I have found with Ginger however they should improve to the level of Grammarly Business.

Reasons for switching to Ginger

The ease of the software.

Hi Bukenya Kasiko, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We strive to give our users a great experience, and it's our users' feedback that allows us to continuously evolve. We'd love to hear more about your comments. You can share more details with us https://tinyurl.com/4znj94vx, so we can forward them to the corresponding team. Please continue to share your feedback, as we love hearing it! Thanks again, Ginger Support team

jayr