All Ginger Reviews

Carrie Joëlle

Great Tool For Everyone

Pros

Whether you are publishing content or sending an internal memo Ginger is a great tool and ad on extension that integrates with your existing programs. It is great in a pinch when you do not have the time to have something proofed by copy writers.

Cons

It glitches at times and erases what you've written.

Response from Ginger Software

Dear Carrie Joëlle, Thank you for your review. We are thrilled that you love using Ginger. We are constantly improving Ginger and would be more than appreciative if you could send more information about glitches and erases to your writing. You can send any feedback and errors to ann@gingersoftware.com. Regards, The Ginger team.

Replied November 2021

diksha

Highly Reliable Software for Grammar and Spell checks

One of the best software to try that delivers high accuracy results. It helps you save your time and energy in fishing for the errors and rectifying the same.

Pros

Its ben three years now that I have been using Ginger Software and it has never let me down. As a writer I need to be quite particular about my grammar and spellings. Therefore, this software has everything to help me relieve for repetitive and the taxing process of checking for any grammatical or spelling errors, if any. Besides that it also provides various online drill sessions and tutorials to help one learn enhance his/her grammar.

Cons

The only thing that I do not like about Ginger is that it does not work in Google docs. Firstly you are supposed to write your text in the Ginger and then transfer the same from there to Google docs.

Response from Ginger Software

Dear Diksha, Thank you so much for your positive feedback. You are correct, at the moment we are not compatible with Google Docs, we are looking for better solutions and hopefully a full integration into Google Docs. We wish you to keep enjoying Ginger.

SUSANTA

Industry: Research

Customer service

Very bad experience once I am encountering a problem with the software. This is because there is no real person to help as customer support.

Pros

It is user friendly. Automated correction through word, made it easier to use.

Cons

Customer service. There is no real customer service. It has been one week, ginger software is not working. There is no direct person to help. Only after few days someone responding via email with different version of changes and nothing works. This is a gross violation of quality control of any industry. It should notified to all customers.

Response from Ginger Software

Hello Susanta, The latest update of Windows removed support for Flash Player. This prevents Ginger from working. We have launched a new Ginger app for Windows and Microsoft Office. In addition to fixing the issue with the latest Windows update, it features: Fast one-click correction from any application on your computer Smart alternatives to add creativity and style to your writing New Microsoft Office add-in to boost your productivity in Word and Outlook. Rephrase integration with Word, PowerPoint and Outlook A mistake by mistake explanation and correction in Word, PowerPoint and Outlook New shortcuts for Correction-(Ctrl+Enter) and Rephrase (Ctrl+R) To download the new version, please head to our download page - Grammar Check, Spell Check & Proofreading Ginger (gingersoftware.com) *Please remove Ginger's old version before proceeding and installing the new version!!! For further assistance, please contact support@gingersoftware.com Regards, The Ginger Team.

Replied May 2021

A renowned and impressive grammar checker tool

The functions of ginger are too much to look at it's negatives. It has so much helped me to write more like a pro.

Pros

It has plugins available for at least all major browsers. It has a great check accuracy, detects all major errors and grammatical blunders in your text. free version works fine too.

Cons

System app sometimes slows down my computer. I hope they resolve this for I still need to continue using ginger. I really have to bear with it to get the best of it's features.

Response from Ginger Software

Hello, Thank you so much for your review. We were happy to read your review and happy to learn you enjoy and benefit from using Ginger. We would suggest contacting our support staff to understand the technical issue you have mentioned regarding your PC. Please contact - support@gingersoftware.com Regards, The Ginger Team.

Efren

It helps!

Pros

It gives me an idea if the sentence construction is correct or grammatically right. It allows me to countercheck my email composition as well.

Cons

Sometimes the suggested phrases or sentences don't really match to what we are really saying and it seems to be off to the sentence as well

Response from Ginger Software

Hi Efren, Thanks for the review! We know Ginger isn't always perfect, but we're committed to making it the best it can possibly be for you. My direct email is ann@gingersoftware.com if you have any feedback on our correction. I look forward to speaking to you about how we can continue to improve Ginger. All the best, The Ginger Team

Replied June 2021

Kerry

Industry: Writing and Editing

Updates have ruined my respect for Ginger

It's been excellent until this recent update this last week.

Pros

I enjoyed to document checking, the rephrasing options, and reading back my stories.

Cons

The updates consistently either slow down the software or freezes it the last one several days ago. Says internet server error or document is corrupted, which either isn't true!

Reasons for choosing Ginger

The optional reader along with the document and rephrasing options were user friendly, until they started with unnessary updates

Response from Ginger Software

Hi Kerry, Thank you for your feedback. The recent updates came after Flash ended its service and it required us to make some changes as well. The changes have brought a new look to Ginger with new enhanced features. We were aware of some slowness in the past week, this is due to some maintenance work we did to improve the quality of our service. Ginger should function normal now with a faster response time. If you experience any other issues, please contact our support staff - support@gingersoftware.com Regards, The Ginger Team.

Millard

Industry: Photography

Do Not Respect their Cancellation Policy!

The program worked as advertised, but their cancelation process does not honor their policy. If you plan on never canceling the program then my complaint is not for you. But if you want to give it a try for a few months, beware of canceling your subscription. Their website is very shoddy and has no cancelation tool. Plus they ask for a "reference Number" which they NEVER provided.

Pros

It worked well enough to give it a good rating.

Cons

When I canceled my subscription they continue to charge me the monthly payment and their cancelation process is a "Contact Us" program. I received a confirmation that they received my request, but still charged me days later , even though I canceled well before my renew was due. So far no response from the Support Team, nor refund for the monthly fee they charged me after canceling. Still waiting for a proper response.

Response from Ginger Software

Dear Millard, Thank you for your honest feedback. Our refund is very simple. Once you wish to cancel your subscription all you need to do is send us an email with a request to cancel your subscription. We ask for a reference number just to make the search easier when looking for your order because not always the email provided is the same email you have used to sign up to Ginger. This info is also published in our website FAQ, we do not hide any information about how to cancel a subscription. You have contacted us asking to cancel your subscription and then you were charged again, our agent responded back letting you know that there was a but and therefore you were falsely charged. On October 28th we have refunded your last charge and canceled your subscription per your request. We are sorry for the confusion and hope that you understand that we honor every request that we get. Regards, The Ginger Team.

Replied November 2020

A helpful extension to avoid grammatical embarassment!

This app do have simple set-up and intuitive in terms of identifying and correcting grammar errors in writing. As it offers not only error identification, spell checking but also rephrasing based on the context as well as easy click on the pronunciation. This could also translate text to other languages, another cool feature.

Pros

It suggests words and add-on as the tool identifies grammar errors. It has a built-in plagiarism checker too that is very important for publishers and writers. The tool can check on a context-specific writing and can also suggest a possible "rephrase". Another cool thing about this tool is that it already has a text reader which could help improve not only the writing skills but also the pronunciation - less time checking using a different tool/software.

Cons

It needs internet connection before using it. Pricing may be a bit costly for some writers and there are some other tools other than Ginger that can perform better.

Response from Ginger Software

Hi, thanks for leaving us a review :) We now offer Ginger Premium starting at $9.99 per month if you buy the two year plan. All the best, The Ginger Team

Replied June 2021

Saif

April 2022

Best Tool For ProofReading

I am happy to have ginger in my daily life, it is good and saves my time.

Pros

Ginger is best tool to check and proofread my sentences. It help me to fix any errors on my email.

Cons

Nahh...i did not think i faced any problem after having ginger on my system

Sultan

Industry: Publishing

September 2022

I use ginger daily to improve my efficiency

Pros

Ginger always saves me while writing mail, it has very good AI based suggestions option that suggest me the best word and correct all the mistake on my sentences.

Cons

I do not have to say anything that i least like about ginger.

Jovana

Spice Up Your Writing

Ginger has accuracy many grammar checking tools are lacking. It is simple to use, a bit pricey, but it seems that all alike software keeps the price up. But overall, a very positive experience.

Pros

I tried a number of grammer checkers and I still get surprised how (in)accurate some are. Well, Ginger is one of the most accurate. If only the price was more affordable.

Cons

I noticed that I too much rely on grammar chekers, so if your spelling is deteriorating like mine they should be to blame. :) But more seriously, they need to integrate wit Google Docs soon, that is a huge turnoff for many people.

Reasons for switching to Ginger

Out of curiosity.

Response from Ginger Software

Dear Jovana, Thank you for your feedback. We will take your suggestions into consideration. Regards, The Ginger Team.

Replied March 2020

Gerrit

Ginger stop working

The company is not responsive to any user queries- See: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Pros

It used to be a great product. It worked well with MS Word.

Cons

Ginger is taking people's money and its not working at all! Ginger stop working on MS Office - since Flash is required and is has been discontinued. It is also not working in Google Doc. They are now running a fraudulent operation. It used to be great and I was and will be a great fan - if it starts working again - At this stage they are sealing users' money!

Response from Ginger Software

Hello Gerrit, The latest update of Windows removed support for Flash Player. This prevents Ginger from working. We have launched a new Ginger app for Windows and Microsoft Office. In addition to fixing the issue with the latest Windows update, it features: Fast one-click correction from any application on your computer Smart alternatives to add creativity and style to your writing New Microsoft Office add-in to boost your productivity in Word and Outlook. Rephrase integration with Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. A mistake by mistake explanation and correction in Word and Outlook New shortcuts for Correction-(Ctrl+Enter) and Rephrase (Ctrl+R) To download the new version, please head to our download page - Grammar Check, Spell Check & Proofreading Ginger (gingersoftware.com) *Please remove Ginger's old version before proceeding and installing the new version!!! For further support, please contact - support@gingersoftware.com Regards, The Ginger Team.

Double and Triple Your Work with Ginger

I am a multi tasker and in a desire to get stuff done quickly I miss simple typos that would make my work look sloppy, Giner has corrected that for me.

Pros

I like that I can be certain I have not missed any typos and correct in real time.

Cons

Sometimes when I have to copy and paste into Ginger Writer suggestions do not always show up. Sometimes Ginger will delete a word that is a mistake.

Response from Ginger Software

Hi, Thank you for your review. We would recommend contacting our support staff to try and solve any technical issue you have encountered with Ginger. Support@gingersoftware.com Regards, The Ginger Team.

Industry: Market Research

No Longer Works with Powerpoint

Good until the last several weeks. No longer works with Powerpoint.

Pros

Been using for years. Was a 5 but no longer works with PowerPoint since Adobe Flash stopped last week. I have contacted customer support two times and no usable response.

Cons

No Longer Works with Powerpoint. That is what I used it for. No workaround provided.

Response from Ginger Software

Hello Paul, The latest update of Windows removed support for Flash Player. This prevents Ginger from working. We have launched a new Ginger app for Windows and Microsoft Office. In addition to fixing the issue with the latest Windows update, it features: Fast one-click correction from any application on your computer Smart alternatives to add creativity and style to your writing New Microsoft Office add-in to boost your productivity in Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Rephrase integration with Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. A mistake by mistake explanation and correction in Word and Outlook New shortcuts for Correction-(Ctrl+Enter) and Rephrase (Ctrl+R) To download the new version, please head to our download page - Grammar Check, Spell Check & Proofreading Ginger (gingersoftware.com) *Please remove Ginger's old version before proceeding and installing the new version!!!

Sasha

Ginger review

For someone for whom English is not their mother tongue, Ginger is of great help.

Pros

This software is quite reliable in operation

Cons

What bothered me the most were the limitations in running the free version.

Response from Ginger Software

Hi Sasha, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! Love hearing that Ginger is useful for you when translating your writing. All the best, The Ginger Team

Replied November 2021

Warren

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

Exceptional efficiency and value

No business or other problems with Ginger, but a lot of assistance with writing.

Pros

The program's ease of use and online availability

Cons

If a writer includes illustrations, he or she must work around them, and if you use "italics" or "bold" the software won't recognize them and you must go in and replace them after corrections.

Reasons for choosing Ginger

No reason, other than the description seemed convincing and Ginger offered more feature than any of it's closer competitors (which weren't all that close, by the way).

Response from Ginger Software

Dear Warren, Thank you for your feedback, Ginger won't change the fonts when using it within MS-Office, otherwise if you use Ginger inside the Ginger writer box, then we are using a default font which is why when pasting back the text you will need to use that default font. If you need further assistance, please contact our support- support@gingersoftware.com

Replied July 2019