All Synthesia Reviews

Food Production, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2023

One of the best ones out there

A highly efficient platform that produces one of the highest quality AI avatars.

PROS

The quality of their avatars and their voices are far superior to other AI avatar services.

CONS

for recurring uses, the inability to change the clothing of avatars is something that could be improved upon.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Synthesia is a home run when it comes to content creation

Synthesia is a home run when it comes to content creation.

PROS

It's easy to use and provides quality output to be used in any production.

CONS

I'd like a little more control over the voice emphasis, and perhaps 4k output.

Reasons for switching to Synthesia

I wanted more versatility, and video avatars was a must-have.

Gabriela

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

DO NOT RECOMMEND

I signed up for a free trial and I had a LOT of difficulties figuring our how to use the system. I was unable to get a hold of a representative for several weeks and I decided to look elsewhere.

PROS

In all honesty there nothing I can think of.

CONS

The system is EXTREMELY difficult to use and figure out. Getting a hold of someone who could help me was impossible.

NO - The other way around. I left them for Elai.io

Hi Gabriela, This is Leander from Synthesia. I'm sorry to hear about your experience, as it doesn't reflect the standard we aim for. To rectify this and prevent similar issues in the future, I encourage you to reach out to me via mail. I'd like to investigate what went wrong. Best, Leander

Replied February 2024

AROLDO

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

NO FREEDOM OF RELIGION

PROS

The app is very good, I have no problem with it, what I really find weird is that I can not make a video with a bible verse in it. They say that I violated their guidelines. They are violating the right of freedom of religion.

CONS

Just found out today, I can not make a video with religious content, this is ridiculous, they are free to believe or not believe in God but we are also free to use bible verses, we are a christian school, come on!

Katherine

Facilities Services, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Synthesia is user-friendly, engaging, and fast.

PROS

Synthesia is extremely user-friendly. The interface is easy to navigate, and we can personalize video templates to our company brand. The platform helps us create engaging and relevant videos for our users, allowing us to enhance the quality of our online trainings and other company communications.

CONS

The only negative I have is that when new features are released, the system can slow down or appear "buggy," but these issues don't happen often and usually do not interrupt our work.

Juri

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Best choice for AI video in learning programs

PROS

Ease of use. Quality of avatars. Easy video editing

CONS

AI Voices of smaller languages (Dutch) are not there yet. (But are improving)

501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed January 2024

Great tool for creating a training catalog

Great but could do better with the monthly limits

PROS

Large choice of templates and avatars and multiple languages offered

CONS

Limited on slides and minutes exported per month

Kathy

Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 employees

a new way

It's fun and it works - THX

PROS

Now it's easy to get in touch with customers without showing them your "nose" immidiatly

CONS

sometimes you need to generate first to see if it fits- so you maybe spend money for nothing...

It saved our project

Roshan

Logistics and Supply Chain, 10,000+ employees

Synthesia : Best AI tool to create video

Overall I liked the product. Much easy and really helpful

PROS

It has many avatar to choose from and all avatar are real life. Plus it is extremely easy to use.

CONS

A bit expensive to use. Could have provided abit of trial version.

1 employee

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Amazing Exprience!

PROS

The interface is easy to understand and navigate. I love how previous versions of projects completed are saved in the workspace.

CONS

Hmm, Sometimes the Ai voice can sound a bit robotic and might have bad pronunciation.

Peter

Consumer Services, 1 employee

Excellent AI video creation software

PROS

Ease of use and basic functionality. This is a very easy piece of software to use

CONS

Lack of some ethnic English accents means that some black characters are difficult to match

Food Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Michael Du Preez review on Synthesia.io

I am able to convey large amounts of materials that would have otherwise taken a lot of time in meetings and it also saves a lot of students money from class by having most of the basic information up on the internet as a nice engaging video, with an AI to act as a kind of "teacher". It works very well and the feedback on using AI for the Hemp industry's videos have been great.

PROS

The text to speech and selection of real life looking avatars gives the impression that its someone real, in fact many of my peers enquire if the avatar is doing fine, as I give them a name in the videos! The video recording feature is a life-saver, because that removes the image only limit and greatly increases the type of content to present. The many different template layouts also make it an easy to use and choose option.

CONS

They removed the ability to easily copy the subtitles because even if you draw up a script, once busy with the video editing, the script changes as I make it suit better. Now the subtitles have to be downloaded, which requires an additional download from the internet to find a suitable application to open the subtitles file. It was an oversight and an unnecessary change from the developers' side.

Antonio

Civic & Social Organization, 2-10 employees

Great for digital marketers

PROS

Easy to edit and build new videos in different languages

CONS

Not much flexibility in integrating other functions and limited in terms of templates and look & feel

Olaf

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Synthesia, what an easy way to create content

Wonderful experience for the last 2+ years, they always improve and give you the options you need for faster creation and better workflow!

PROS

What if making educational videos would be easy? It is with Synthesia, a wonderful option for anyone who also likes to work with avatars. Fast, reliable and in good quality, this is making video creation as easy as possible.

CONS

What I miss are some options to insert videos that I already have, like intro or interviews aso.

Reason for choosing Synthesia

Easy, nice workflow, fast, reliable

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Video production

I'm regularly producing and publishing commercial videos and I'm happy. I cannot use any other avatars, though, except the one I paid for..

PROS

It just works! For me its very practical, especially now that I'm used to it.

CONS

Community guidelines do not make sense to me.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Seamless Video Creation and Stellar Customer Service

PROS

Best features:1. Screen recording: this feature was built-in, making creating 'how-to' videos seamless and easy 2. Text-to-speech: allowed to edit the voice of AI by changing text in script 3. Excellent customer service: the team was outstanding, always replying on the day of promptly

CONS

1. Price point is subscription-base 2. AI voices: most did not sound completely human-like and still a bit robotic

Hugo

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Great platform for creating your AI videos

We can easily create instruction videos for our software users, without the whole process of recording and editing with real people. And to create the videos in various languages that we don't speak fluently ourselves.

PROS

Synthesia works very smooth, intuitive and fast. There are plenty of templates to chose and you can easily customize them.

CONS

That it works on Google Chrome only, a browser I don't use normally.

Christophe