All Bookwhen Reviews

Telecommunications

Reviewed May 2018

Best point of sale for educational programs.

PROS

Ease of use, user interface, fees, notifications, registration forms, discounting, customer service, payment interface

CONS

Filtering events. It is difficult to create a link to filter to only a specific category of events. A lot of learnings on URLs needed.

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback, James! We agree that a proper interface for filtering on events would be a good addition. However, we think the ability to use Markdown to create very customisable options/layouts for filtering is a good substitute in the meantime. We appreciate some of this can feel a bit advanced, so if our help articles aren't enough then we're always here to help you with the code! Thanks very much for using the system :) Cheers, Bookwhen

Replied September 2018

Andrea

Reviewed November 2019

Great for a small business!

My overall experience is positive. Bookings have increased, admin time has decreased and the chat support provided by BookWhen has been quick to resolve issues.

PROS

For me the greatest advantage is that it has given me more time. Doing all the bookings myself and the emails back and forth and trying to workout payment methods was very time consuming. Now I receive fewer emails to respond to with most customers just booking on and choosing to pay online. I feel that bookings have also increased since having the BookWhen system.

CONS

I'm not very good with using technology and it's taken me a bit of time to get my head around how to set up the BookWhen features and use them. I find that for me it's often a lot of trial and error. However, I do frequently go to the support section to read the articles which are most often quite helpful. I do wish that the forms section was more sophisticated. I tried using attachments for my forms - however customers rarely print them off and bring them to class. Paper forms is something I'd really like to get rid of.

Reason for choosing Bookwhen

Mindbody had more features than I needed and is expensive - seemed more suitable for larger business. I really liked the forms feature of Vagaro - and that nearly swayed me; but it also had a cost that I felt I couldn't justify for my very small business. Bookwhen covered everything I needed for my small business and at a reasonable cost.

Hi Andrea, thank you so much for leaving us such an honest review! It's nice to learn you've got less admin and more bookings since using Bookwhen :-) We're sorry to hear it took you a while to get up to speed - do make the most of our support team, as we're always happy to help out! Regarding your forms, we'd love to chat further to see if it would be a possibility to recreate your form file as booking fields instead. Please do get in touch if this is still an issue. Best wishes, Jenny

Replied December 2019

kate

Sports, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Bookwhen

PROS

Easy and quick to use, inexpensive. Looked nice

CONS

No monthly calendar view, long lists get too confusing for customers

calendar view

Marina

Reviewed July 2022

Love Bookwhen

Booking system - brilliant Customer Service - exceptional!

PROS

It's simple but effective to use and saves me a whole heap of time with client bookings!

CONS

I'd like to see an option to have client notes on there, eg stiff low back etc

Reason for choosing Bookwhen

Better value for money and less hassle setting up!

Claire

Arts and Crafts, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Great functionality

PROS

I love how they have thought of everything I might need, and even included things that I didn't realise that I needed - like the waiting list with a time limit. I tried another booking site and it didn't have anything close to the functionality of Bookwhen. I soon learnt my way around and found it very easy to use and really could not be running my business without it now. It has taken away so much of my stress.

CONS

I haven't found anything yet that I don't like.

Reasons for switching to Bookwhen

Calendly did not have the functionality I needed and even though lots of people were requesting they add new functionality, they simply weren't bothering.

Claire

Reviewed May 2021

EXCELLENT

The support I get from the customer services is second to none. I cannot fault them . They are here to help and support. I wish I had set up this online booking system sooner to assist me in my small business. It frees up time so I can get on lesson planning.

PROS

It ease for me to set up and for my clients to use. I have had all positive feedback from using this system

CONS

I have nothing negative to say about this software

Reason for choosing Bookwhen

it look aesthetically pleasing on the eye for my customers and better value for money

Peter

Sports, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2023

Great Product to Manage your Event

I am extremely happy with this product.The help desk are excellent and quick to respoind to my queries

PROS

It is so easy to use. i like the reporting and the way that i can easily edit my events

CONS

The customer wait list is not great.I can't run a report to show me who is waiting. I have to click on every booking to get customer details on the wait list

Reasons for switching to Bookwhen

it was cheaper and easier to use

Clare

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2018

A great little booking tool and all for free!

Helps us to stay organised when customers book in with us for webinars, consultations and online training sessions.

PROS

It has a simple interface where you can customise your event(s) and take multiple bookings or limit to just one booking per customer. We use it to allow customers to book in for online webinars, consultations and training sessions. We don't need to take any payment so I haven't used that part of the service. It must be simple to use, as I've never had to reach out to their support team or even online documentation - it's all pretty self explanatory once you've had a poke around to familiarise yourself first.

CONS

It used to look a little dated but they recently got everyone on the old version to update to the new version (still free - yay) and it looks better now. It would be nice if you could customise the public facing page a little more, but for a free package, I'm not complaining!

Thanks for the review, Clare! Great that you're over on the new system now, hope you're enjoying it!

Replied March 2018

Angela

Reviewed May 2018

Super easy to set up and use and my students find it easy too.

Reduced administration time, fewer cancellations

PROS

The software was really easy to set up and start using. The online help was superb and really quick. Since using the software I have saved a lot of time on administration, feel more organised and my students also like it and find it easy to use.

CONS

I have been using the software for almost a year and cannot think of any cons apart from I had some trouble finding my fees charged by Stripe, but that was nothing to do with Bookwhen.

Wow, this review made our day!! Thanks for the love, smiles all round at the office :) Glad to hear we've saved you lots of admin time. Thanks for using the system. If you ever have any questions about Stripe then I'd recommend getting in touch with their support. They're very helpful and responsive! Namaste, Bookwhen.

Replied September 2018

Amy

Reviewed August 2023

Takes the stress out of managing bookings

Fantastic!

PROS

Ease of use and support when setting up.Quick response of support team to Amy queries

CONS

Nothing! So far I’ve been able to ask the team and find a solution to any queries I’ve had

Reason for choosing Bookwhen

Recommendation from a friend and mentor

Brooke

Reviewed March 2021

Superb Customer Service!

Overall I'm just thrilled with being able to take all my booking through this site because of its simple platform and the phenomenal customer service help at hand.

PROS

Setting up my Bookwhen account was very easy with step-by-step instructions to follow. I had researched many booking sites and just wanted something simple to book classes and some private training sessions and this was it. Its front end is clean and easy for clients to use. The backend is also pretty easy with a slight learning curve for a couple items but nothing inhibitive. Plus - and here's the REALLY IMPORTANT bit - the customer service is BAR NONE! Honestly, the tech staff replies quickly with friendly, helpful suggestions and, in some cases early-on, they completely took over my scheduling fiasco themselves and re-entered everything I had botched to help me with a time-sensitive issue. It feels like you are working with people who are actually working WITH you. Bigger, expensive platforms leave you hanging or condescend when you ask for help. Bookwhen really feels like you have your own private team to get the best for your business.

CONS

There are a couple places where I feel like the scheduling software could be more intuitive, but once you've figured out the way it's set up it's just a matter of remembering where to go for what.

Reason for choosing Bookwhen

Ease of use, excellent pricing, clean front end.

Reasons for switching to Bookwhen

Needed something small and simple

Nicola

Reviewed June 2017

Brilliant Bookwhen!

PROS

Its easy to use from both our perspective and the customer facing side of things. We've been using Bookwhen for a couple of years and it has completely changed the way we do things. Attendance lists are easy to create quickly but also to download and manipulate to suit our needs. We love the way you can send links to whole public pages or just specific events. The event reminders are a great help in ensuring people arrive for events or get in touch to say they aren't coming. Customer service is brilliant. We rarely wait more than 5 minutes for a chat response. They listen to our feedback and it been great to be able to influence improvements for ourselves and for other users.

CONS

There are a couple of things we'd like Bookwhen to be capable of but they are fairly minor and the company have already promised to add them to their development plan so I'm pretty confident we'll see changes over the coming months.

Thanks for the amazing review, Nicola. Great to have a business such as yours on the system for many years - we couldn't do it without you! Yes - we always take feedback on board, keep it coming!

Replied March 2018

Colin

Professional Training & Coaching, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Bookwhen - if you want one headache off your mind

This is a great tool and I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone wanting to manage bookings in a way that looks professional. Bookwhen are speedy when responding to questions and are a pleasure to deal with from a customer service perpective.

PROS

The ease of creating a booking process, which feels like its ours, is simple to use but gives us everything we need. It has made it significantly easier for me to manage training. The ability to create time bookable time slots within an event has been useful.

CONS

I think the pricing might be a little more nuanced. That said, I would have to acknowledge that Bookwhen were very accommodating when we came on board and did let us use functions at a reduced rate. It is a big jump to the next level if we want more functionality.

Reason for choosing Bookwhen

Recommendation. Because Bookwhen were flexible on the pricing to get us going.

Recommendation from Northamptonshire County Scouts

Philanthropy, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed July 2019

Quick and easy bookings for our sling library

We run a sling library for local parents, holding three sessions each month. We're volunteers doing it for free. We were finding that far too many families were turning up for us to deal with, meaning they had to wait ages to see us, and we were stressed, run off our feet, and running over time, ending up late to collect children from school and nursery. We set up a Bookwhen account so we could organise the sessions (so everyone doesn't arrive at 11am) and set a maximum number of available slots. It's made a really positive impact... we no longer dread busy sessions and customers know they won't have to wait long.

PROS

This software is easy for customers to use and takes the load off us, because we know that once the maximum number of bookings is reached, nobody else can book, so we don't end up with over-attended sessions.

CONS

Setting up new events is a little long-winded... if we could copy an existing event and change the date, that would be handy. If I accidentally click on our own account link, I can't sign in as admin, so I have to re-enter the general Bookwhen page to log in. Also, when we send customers a link to our page, it seems to send them in to one particular time slot, and the less logical among them don't realise they need to press back to get out to all the available booking slots.

Reason for choosing Bookwhen

Bookwhen had a simple interface and the functionality we needed.

Hi Jennifer, thanks so much for leaving us a review! I'd love to address some of your cons, as it will be helpful for you to know how to avoid these in future! First off, you can duplicate an entry for exactly that reason, to save setup time by just changing the date. Send us a message if you're unsure how! You can log in to your account from any Bookwhen link, so please do get in touch so we can explain further if need be :) When sharing your public page with customers, make sure you're sharing just the core page url, like https://bookwhen.com/example , with the bit behind the / but nothing more than that. That way no event is pre-selected for the customer Thanks again, so glad to hear how well the system is working for you! - Jenny

Replied August 2019

Paula

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2021

Great booking platform

A great experience

PROS

The helpdesk behind the scenes were AMAZING! It so important to have people that care and who want to help you if you're not so technically minded. The software was easy to navigate as a user and bit most of the things that I wanted it to.

CONS

I had a few comments that the customers found the booking process a bit clumpy and hard to navigate around.

Reason for choosing Bookwhen

Bookwhens free offering got me started and I soon realised the benefits of the platform, once I started using the software it seemed right for me and Bookwhen constantly improve their platform, the people running it were so helpful in the pandemic as well.

Amanda

Reviewed April 2021

Saved our Business

We had a pay on entry system before COVID, then requiring a system to monitor and control numbers this system is perfect. We now have a number of all our members, a Fantastic booking system that makes our lives so much easier, a simple register saving time, plus we receive the funds even if participants don’t attend. Customers of ours all comment on how much easier this system is, they no longer need the cash. Simple process, easy to change and transfer times/ days. Happy members, happy gym. A total lifesaver at such difficult times. Thank you so much you have made a huge difference to our business, adapting to difficult times, making life so much easier for everyone.

PROS

So easy to use, Let’s us know exactly how many participants we have to plan sessions, Know we have enough in to cover all the overheads. Excellent service, personal service if you have any issues/queries, you can have an actual conversation with a person!

CONS

Just an ability to book a number of places from 1 email account. Other than that (of which they could probably now already do) nothing at all. Such a life saver!

Debbie