All Yapsody Reviews

edna luci

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2023

The best platform to create unforgettable events

Efficiency in event creation, promotion options, payment flexibility, and excellent customer service are all standout features that make this platform my number one choice for event planning.

PROS

I loved the number of options it offers to promote events and the social media integration and email marketing are super useful tools to reach more people and increase attendance at my events.

CONS

Although it offers a range of premium features, some of them come at an additional cost. While I understand that this is necessary to maintain and improve the platform, I wish some of these features were included in the basic plan at no additional charge.

Hi Edna, Thank you for your glowing review! We're thrilled to be your top choice for creating unforgettable events. Our platform offers numerous promotion options and valuable tools like social media integration and email marketing. We appreciate your feedback regarding additional costs for premium features and will consider your suggestion. We strive for efficiency, payment flexibility, and excellent customer service. Thank you for choosing Yapsody as your go-to event planning platform. Regards, The Yapsody Team

Nikita

Arts and Crafts, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Sunday brunch Yapsody review

I'm really happy with the service, although I think it's a little bit too expensive for what it is. Perhaps there could be something like different income brackets, as I think it would've been a fairer approach to charge small scale audiences less that big concerts. Imagine that even when I select the option that it's the public that is paying the yapsody ticket fee and not the organisers, I still have to pay to the second fee myself, while PayPal also tales percentage. If you the imagine all of this in a setting where the event is happening in a audiophile space where only a limited amount of people can fit into the space with a quadrophonic sound system to maintain the quality of sound, with several artist who are performing live in one evening and everyone needs to get paid for their contribution, together with the person who is scanning the tickets at the door throughout the event, then you realise that in that kind of circumstances there is not so much left after all the fees. Perhaps the events that have less than 100 people attendance should be in a different income bracket and charged less fees as events with more than 100,300,500,1000 and so on. There could be different audience scale brackets with different amount to pay in fees? That's just an idea, but I believe something like this would help to promote a more diverse cultural happenings and inclusive events.

PROS

I really like the ticketing system I like that there is a website page that I can customise and edit. I love that there is embeddabel buttons that I can use on my homepage. Overall I think it's a great service

CONS

I wish there would be more options in terms of layout and graphic design. I'd like to be able to alter the look of the event page more. There could be more options to how the embeddable buttons look like. And especially to how the ticket layout looks like. I know that there are options available and that I can upload images and so on, but the layouts can be more creative, have more placement and data/image holders options as well as there could be an option to change the typefaces for text blocks.

Reason for choosing Yapsody

I liked the design and branding, and it seemed like something that would fit the vibe of my events better than other platforms

Dear Nikita, Thank you for your thoughtful and detailed review. We're pleased that you appreciate Yapsody's customization features and the overall service. Your feedback regarding more options for layout, graphic design, and ticket appearance is valuable to us. We understand the importance of personalizing the event page and ticket design, and we will take your suggestions into consideration for future platform enhancements. Regarding pricing, we appreciate your suggestion of differentiated income brackets based on audience size. We understand the challenges faced by smaller events, especially those focusing on delivering a high-quality, immersive experience. Your insights will be seriously considered as we evaluate our pricing structure. We're committed to supporting a diverse range of events and fostering cultural inclusivity. Your comments will help us further improve our platform to meet these goals. Thank you once again for choosing Yapsody. Best Regards, The Yapsody Team

Heather

Museums and Institutions, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Sorry, we had to give up on Yapsody.

Yapsody was "approachable" - seemed pretty easy to use and to set up events. We have moved on to other online ticketing services that don't have seating charts but are less costly and included training initially, so we have been able to keep trained staff to operate the interface as needed.

PROS

It was a nice product and it was our first experience with online ticketing solutions, we loved being able to sell tickets online and see seating charts.

CONS

Unfortunately, using Yapsody got too expensive for us when we started ticketing more events.

Reason for choosing Yapsody

We only needed a few ticketed events initially, every month or so. Yapsody seemed easy to use and thus was attractive for entry into this functionality.

Dear Heather, Thank you for your honest feedback. We're glad to hear that Yapsody was approachable and easy for you to use during your initial venture into online ticketing. We understand your concern regarding the cost as your event frequency increased. We're always striving to provide the best value for our customers and your comments are helpful as we assess our pricing structure. We request you to reach out and talk to us and we will strike an offer as a goodwill for providing an honest review. We appreciate your time with us and look forward to an even more successful collaboration in future. Best Regards, The Yapsody Team

Kaci

Excellent ticketing option

Overall, we were really happy with Yapsody for ticketing and events and would use them again in the future if they were still the most affordable option for fees

PROS

Yapsody had the lowest fees and greatest ease of use for our small theater company to sell tickets to our shows

CONS

At times the interface could be clunky to edit, especially for somebody who isn’t familiar with the product, and there are always the fees to worry about, even though they are less! We sometimes had issues with people clicking the link and picking the wrong date by accident, not realizing they needed to select a specific date.

Reason for choosing Yapsody

We liked the low fees and quick set up options in order to get our tickets up quickly.

Fees were less at Yapsody

Dear Kaci, We're thrilled to know that you found Yapsody affordable and easy to use for your small theater company. We apologize for any difficulty experienced with the interface, and we assure you we are continually working on improving user experience. Your feedback regarding the date selection issue is important and has been shared with our concerned team for further review. We truly appreciate your decision to choose us over alternatives and look forward to serving you again in the future. Best Regards, Yapsody Team

Melissa

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Love What I Use It For!

Overall, I think Yapsody has been very easy to navigate, I love all of the features and I believe the fees are very reasonable. I also like that Yapsody creates a page that consumers can navigate just as easily.

PROS

I love the custom options -being able to add different ticket pricing, remove or add sales tax and/or additional fees. I also love that I can pick the ticket format.

CONS

If I used the barcode feature this wouldn't even be a thought, but I don't like that the barcode appears on the printed ticket when we do not use any type of equipment to scan the tickets. I wish there was an option to remove the barcode. I just don't like portraying to our consumers that we have the capability, then they come with their printed ticket "to be scanned" and we just receive the ticket and send them in.

Reason for choosing Yapsody

I looked into a few different products similar to Yapsody, but ultimately chose Yapsody because the fees had the option to be consumed by the purchaser and it was easy to navigate/learn.

Hi Melissa, Thank you for your positive feedback! We're glad you love the custom options and ease of navigation with Yapsody. We appreciate your suggestion about the barcode feature and will consider it for future improvements. We're honored you chose Yapsody over alternatives like Mailchimp and appreciate your support. Thank you for using Yapsody! Regards, The Yapsody Team

Replied July 2023

Ross

Events Services, 2-10 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed December 2019

Has been the best for my general admission events

Overall our business has successfully managed 10,000+ attendees at our event with some of the shortest wait times to enter event that I have seen. I highly suggest using Yapsody over the competition

PROS

I got into events after 5 years helping businesses select their payment technologies. I couldn't swallow the cost that it takes to use Eventbrite, so I looked elsewhere. Our next Festival is the 12th event I have helped put on using Yapsody. There ease of use, affordable pricing and simple apps anyone volunteer can download onto their phone has made it so I won't use anything else.

CONS

Only complaint I have with yapsody is that I don't love the way ticket purchasers have to select amount they want to buy and ticket type through a drop down menu. I would like for the ticket types to show up separately, and then they grab a drop down of number of tickets.

Reason for choosing Yapsody

Cost and being able to connect to my own merchant account.

Ray

Events Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Ticketing and event management for the individual or mid scale company

Cannot fault the customer service or product it’s very good. I particularly like the fact that they don’t change things for the sake of it . If it works then why change !

PROS

Simple and very easy to use with fair pricing.

CONS

There is always room to improve the pricing :) in favour of the client.

Reason for choosing Yapsody

I hadn’t heard of any others and Yapsody was easy to sign up to and was coat effective.

Dear Ray, Thank you for your positive review. We're delighted to hear you find our platform simple, easy to use, and fairly priced. We appreciate your suggestion about pricing and will take it into consideration. Your endorsement of our customer service and product stability is highly valued. Thanks for choosing Yapsody! Best Regards, The Yapsody Team

Melanie

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed June 2023

Nonprofit clients especially love it

PROS

I always appreciate an alternative and Yapsody was able to deliver much of what their competitors do/did. I help clients identify solutions for events of all sizes and they like the simple cost breakdown and those that have selected it liked the custom pages, the overall look and feel of something more exclusive and the added nonprofit benefit.

CONS

Some of the solutions desired either weren’t available to clients or clients felt the process to work around was not simplified enough and may have preferred an alternative considering. They have a good product but it seems a bit more R&D can make them an even stronger competitor but they hold their own. I found it easy but a few smaller entities felt it was more complicated or less straightforward when setting up.

Reason for choosing Yapsody

Some of my clients switched from a competitor, some didn’t opt for Yapsody and others preferred it.

Hi Melanie, Thank you for your feedback! We're glad that nonprofit clients appreciate Yapsody as an alternative to our competitors. They find value in the simple cost breakdown, custom pages, and exclusive look and feel. We acknowledge the need for further improvements and will continue investing in research and development. We appreciate your clients' trust in choosing Yapsody, whether switching from a competitor or selecting us from the start. We're committed to enhancing our platform and meeting their evolving needs. Thank you for choosing Yapsody! Regards, The Yapsody Team

Replied July 2023

Reviewed January 2020

Yapsody

PROS

Yapsody has allowed us to save both time and money by implementing an e-ticket system over conventional printed tickets. During our first few months using Yapsody we saw a dramatic increase in ticket sales through users being able to purchase and receive their tickets on phones.

CONS

Setting up events can be a little clunky the first few times however once you've done it a few times its easy.

Reason for choosing Yapsody

Yapsody offered better value for money for educational establishments

Nancy

Museums and Institutions, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Easy to use software for ticketing for events and admissions

We are an historic house museum and gallery. Yapsody seems to be more geared toward performing arts venue or events that have seating. However, we have been able to adapt our use of the site to meet our needs for our daily tour operations as well as special events. Customer service has been extremely helpful with on-line chats when there has been a problem. We have been using Yapsody for several years.

PROS

I like the format that shows the monthly calendar so that we can get a snapshot each day of how many visitors are coming to our historic site for tours.

CONS

Occasionally, I have found that a feature I am wanting to use may be found on a screen that is not the main screen. For instance, we block out our tour ticket purchases after the tour time has passed. That information is found on another screen that may not be the intuitive first place to look, especially for one of our staff members who may not use Yapsody each day.

Reason for choosing Yapsody

We had a specialty show at our historic site (puppet theater show), and Yapsody came highly recommended by the person who was in charge of that organization.

Dear Nancy, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about Yapsody. We are glad to hear that you find our platform easy to use and that it has been instrumental in managing your historic site's tours and special events. We're particularly pleased to know that our customer service has been helpful in resolving issues through online chats. As we continually strive to improve our user experience, your note about the positioning of certain features has been duly noted. We understand how crucial it is to have all necessary functions easily accessible, and we'll consider your valuable input in future updates. Your satisfaction is our top priority, and we're delighted that Yapsody came highly recommended to you. We look forward to continuing to support your operations for many more years. Best Regards, The Yapsody Team

Maya

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Solid Ticketing Site for Non-Profit Events, but Clunky in Back-End Design

Mostly, I continue to use Yapsody because of pricing and because I have already invested a lot of time into setting up an event that I copy from for all subsequent events. I don't want to learn how to use another site. Eventbrite's interface is easier to use (although it's been a few years since I created an event there), but their pricing kind of sucks.

PROS

I like that I can (after working with customer service to figure out how to set it up--because it's not initially intuitive) their survey function, which allows us to track which guests would like a vegetarian meal.I like that I can copy identical events from years past to use as a baseline for future events.I like their pricing. It's pretty reasonable for a non-profit.I like that they allow visitors to simply donate to our cause, if they can't make it to our specific event (although I wish this feature could be made larger and more central--it's a pretty small line of text for a visitor to notice).Their customer service is immediately responsive, and has always been able to explain how to find certain reports or features on the site (a lot of features are a bit tricky to find). Customer service chats are then automatically sent to my email, so I can reference them at a future date, if I've forgotten how to find or fix something on the Yapsody site.

CONS

The formatting WYSIWYG on the main event info page is pretty frustrating. The font often switches over to something else entirely, when you are trying to turn text into a link, or make it bold, italic, etc. It's impossible to create a grid of images--their page does not allow for dragging to arrange. You can only stack images (or create an image of images in a separate program like Photoshop, which is what I did in order to display a grid of sponsors for our event).You can't set up multiperson tickets (ex: one ticket is $35, or you can get a ticket for two for $65) and then run a report to see how many people are estimated to come. Would be nice to include a feature where you can, when setting up the ticketing structure, tell Yapsody that X ticket = 1 person, and & ticket = 2 people, so that back-end users can run reports to see how many people are actually estimated to attend the event. Instead, the current reports will only tell you how many tickets are sold, regardless of how many people are tied to each ticket.

Reason for choosing Yapsody

It's cheaper. You get to keep more money from each ticket sale.

Pricing

Hi Maya, Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your positive comments about Yapsody's survey function, pricing, and responsive customer service. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with the formatting and ticketing features. Your loyalty and the time invested in our platform are important to us. We will consider your suggestions for improvement. Thank you for choosing Yapsody. Regards, The Yapsody Team

Dj

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Great Ticketing System

We needed to find a new system for handling ticketing for our spring musical. We wanted to allow patrons to select their seats. Flexible pricing and discount options were also a must. I researched at least a dozen different options, and landed on Yapsody because it had the features we wanted but fit well into our non-profit's limited budget for a ticketing solution. We have been with them ever since, and have expanded our use of their services beyond the annual musical. During the pandemic, I made a feature request, and while it wasn't ready in time for the musical that year, they implemented the request and it is now available to everyone, so we'll be ready if social distancing is needed again in the future. They really seem to care about their customers and in making sure their product fits our needs.

PROS

The product is easy to use with powerful features, including reporting features, and managing discounts and holds. I appreciate the discount system for frequent users and our non-profit organization. With a 400+ seat auditorium, creating and managing the seat maps is one of our favorite features. Patrons have also commented on how easy it is for them to buy tickets. Have also had great experiences with customer service when I needed help with something.

CONS

I wish they offered a way to help discourage leaving "orphaned" seats for reserved seating events. This is by no means a deal breaker, however.

Reason for choosing Yapsody

They offered the features we wanted and the best options for pricing.

Dear Dj, Thank you for your comprehensive review. We're pleased that our platform and customer service have met your expectations and benefited your organization, especially with features like the seat map creation and discount system. Your feedback about discouraging ""orphaned"" seats is highly appreciated. We understand its importance and have passed this along to our concerned team for consideration. We're committed to serving your needs and we truly appreciate your choice and trust in us. Looking forward to continuing this journey together. Best Regards, Yapsody Team

Fin

Reviewed December 2019

An excellent platform to get started with

We're only a year old, so having this platform that is easy to use and doesn't cost the earth means that we can give more value to our audience and build our business. I think in the not too distant future, we will be looking to move to a provider where we can access more data and analytics.

PROS

Yapsody is very affordable, customisable and easy to manage. The support staff are very attentive and respond very quickly. If there is a function that's not on there they will always escalate it to their development team.

CONS

The main down side is the reporting. As a funded arts organisation, there is a lot of data that we could be capturing and using - i.e. repeat customers, how many are coming to see theatre and music or just music, being able to group customers and target market them based on their preferences, being able to collate date across multiple events (rather than each one individually) etc

Reason for choosing Yapsody

Price and ability to customise and have control of the back end.

Mike

Music, 2-10 employees

Top Marks to Yapsody

Fantastic!

PROS

Hitchin Band runs a series of events that are targeted at different audiences of all ages. The Yapsody box office system is easily adaptable to our specific needs from one event to another. It does exactly what we need it to do. Stylish and effective customer interface, great customer payment options, simple and easy to user experience. We also enjoy the benefit of being able to market future events through current tickets and link to other services such as mail chimp to increase customer engagement. We also love the Yapstats and Yapacan apps. Ticket scanning has become essential for our family events where we run three shows back to back with limited time to reset the venue before opening the doors to let audience in. It is also important to mention the excellent customer service provided by Yapsody to ourselves and to our own customers.

CONS

It would be great to see improvements to the range and flexibility of reports produced.

Reason for choosing Yapsody

We felt that Yapsody was a better all round package compared to Eventbrite which was more expensive.

Karen

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Long time user

very beneficial for selling event tickets online

PROS

Integrating with our own website and having a calendar of events

CONS

in the early days it took time to set up events from scratch and still need to use help for different types of event

Dear Karen, Thank you for your feedback as a long-time user of Yapsody! We're pleased to hear that you appreciate the ability to integrate our platform with your own website and have a calendar of events. We understand that setting up events from scratch took some time in the early days, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused. We're continuously working on improving our event setup process to make it more efficient and user-friendly. We also understand that different types of events may require some assistance, and our support team is always available to help you. We're glad to know that Yapsody has been very beneficial for selling event tickets online. Your continued support is greatly appreciated, and we'll keep striving to enhance our platform to better meet your needs. Regards, The Yapsody Team

Easy to use Ticketing Platform

I've had nothing but amazing experiences with Yapsody - with the website, the admin pages, and tech support.

PROS

I love that Yapsody is easy to use on both ends - setup/administration and end-user. Setting up a new event takes only minutes since I can just copy a previous event and make the minor changes.

CONS

The ONLY feature I wish Yapsody had was the ability of the end-user (or an admin) to exchange tickets within an event. For example, if an audience member purchases tickets for a show on Friday but would like to exchange them for the same event on Saturday... right now they have to go through the event admin who has to cancel/refund the friday tickets and instruct the end-user to purchase Saturday tickets.

Reason for choosing Yapsody

When first researching ticketing websites years back, Yapsody seemed the most straightforward and simple.

Dear John, We appreciate your positive feedback on Yapsody and are glad to hear about your positive experiences with setup, administration, and our tech support. Your feedback about the ticket exchange within an event is valuable and we understand the need for such a feature. We'll definitely consider your suggestion in our upcoming updates. Thanks for choosing Yapsody for its straightforward simplicity. Best Regards, The Yapsody Team

Sandra