All Curate Reviews

Mick

Reviewed April 2018

This has been a very easy software to get into and is helping us stream line our process flow!

Streamlining of process flow and money saving due to eliminating the need for other software packages

PROS

The software is very intuitive and easy to use. It is allowing us to replace three different pieces of software we have been using and subscribing to, as we get all the functionality and perks all in one package. It is also helping us to stream line the quoting process with being able to do multiple functions within the software and allows us to send a very professional looking proposal to our clients. The support response and tuition is the best I have received from purchasing a piece of Software! It real is first class!

CONS

The label on the email notification that is sent through from the web pay option makes it hard to tie up which project has been paid for. Sarah is working on a fix for this!

Thank you Bramble & Bee, LLC. It is a pleasure working with you as well! It's been the goal of Ularas to help fellow designers do exactly this. And for entrepreneurs to have a better time running their studios than I did when I had my flower shop! There had to be a better way. And so there is. Thank you again for your support and your kind words. We are so appreciative! Team Ularas

Replied April 2018

Sahra

Reviewed October 2021

Can't imagine working without it!

We probably use Curate differently than the majority of your users. We use it for daily arrangements created in a retail flower shop, as well as events. The daily use is amazing. I can have floral designers who do no know anything about the cost of flowers, and they can create arrangements that are spot on for the value. This means I don't have to babysit the designers to make sure they aren't "stuffing" their arrangements and it allows me to feel very confident about my margins and bottom line.

PROS

What I like the most about the software is how customizable it is to our exact needs. There seems to be limitless ways to tune it to work for you! Using Curate also gives us confidence in our pricing and value of product - this is so important especially now with price fluctuations being an enormous challenge. Using Curate ensures we are always creating our arrangements and events to value, while constantly keeping an eye on our costs.

CONS

There is a bit of a learning curve and some time investment to get it configured exactly so. I know for sure I am under-utilizing the software, just from a lack of time to work within. Some features are a little buried, and others are a little clunky. But it is the best option I have used to date.

Reasons for switching to Curate

It wasn't really a florist "business" software. I needed everything to be easy and exact. Curate does that. With Honeybook, I was using: spreadsheets to do counts and costs, HoneyBook for forms and communication management, and InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator to create beautiful proposals. Now I only use Curate.

Tim

Hospitality, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Venue management 12 month review

Curate software has provided database that is a move from excel and a quote system .

PROS

The system has a nice double layer database that allows for products that are placed into your proposal and the second layer in the database that is the items or recipe can be tied to products . System is well placed for floral industry . Customer service access very high that allows for immediate solutions. This is primarily a quote system based on the database products that does provide above average proposals that are electronic based. The system has an operational back end that provides some limited access to the data.

CONS

Curate is expanding it sales outside the floral industry in which the software itself creates it own limitations. The database which has been in redevelopment for the duration of the purchase has issues due to growth over the years. Slowness and work arounds persist. Database information has limited output as there is no API or zapier access. There is little access to the information from the back end operations and little ability to sort information on how it may be printed or output to vendor or other. There is no ability to create a purchase order in the output of the system nor is the products or items tied to vendors in the database. Printing is limited to browser printing capabilities and there is alignment output constraints between electronic version and PDF with respect to reports and PDF proposals. Be aware that there is no trial period on this software and although they say you can pay month to month, the contract is a one year contract. We have reduced the exposure to the software to marketing and sample proposals only at this time until the database information can be expanded for output for vendor or other software api usage. This is not a product that integrates into others at this time.

Reasons for switching to Curate

Attempting an upgrade for better product development library

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Satisfied customer

PROS

The staff has been the main reason I love this software. They have been so willing to help with onboard.

CONS

There are a few things I think could improve the product and the staff has been kind enough to listen to my feedback and have already implemented some of the changes.

Samantha

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Curate is a member of the team!

We've been nothing but pleased with our Curate experience. Onboarding was thorough and the system easy to use. The biggest impact Curate continues to make for us is in time. Proposals, shopping lists and recipe writing used to add up to anywhere from 8-10 hours per event. With Curate, we average around an hour and a half, regardless of event size.

PROS

Curate has become as important a member of our wedding team as our wholesale department and designers! It allows us to create proposals in a fraction of the time it previously took that are beautiful, transparent and informative.We currently produce between 150 and 170 weddings per year but would recommend Curate even if we did far less for the time savings alone.

CONS

We create a production binder for each and every event. Currently, we have to do some hand cutting and pasting to get the best layout for our designers. We would love to be able to click a button and have that all generated for us.

Reason for choosing Curate

Initially, our choice was made based on the ease of use and the proposal produced by the system for our clients.

Lisa

Reviewed August 2019

Best Decision I Made For My Business

Bloomtrac has been great and saves me so much time. Its easy to use and keeps all event info organized. I am in love with bloomtrac...been with you from the beginning when it was ularas. I don’t use all of the functions but the ones I do have been a game changer. And being able to produce proposals and contracts right at the consultation has made my life SO much easier and increased same day bookings by 100%. Bc before bloomtrac I never got same day bookings bc I had to go back and put all my notes together, now I input everything at consultation. I created a reusable template with the typical info and just plug in the specific details as we discuss their events. I ❤️ Bloomtrac!!!

PROS

It automates proposal writing, allows me to write proposals at the time if consultation which increases sales.

CONS

I wish I could add optional items at the end in a separate section after the totals. Other than that it pretty much meets all of my needs.

Reason for choosing Curate

It offered more functions and seemed much easier and more thorough.

Anabel

Events Services, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2021

My clients love the format of my proposals!

Sometimes I consider the monthly payment to be a lot since I am a small merchant. But, Curate allows me to do many things without having additional employees.

PROS

It's like having an administrative assistant 24 hours a day. Curate (formerly steam counter) allows me to work on my proposals faster, with attention to every detail. My clients love being able to see photos of the items and decoration items included in their proposal.

CONS

I have to work better the distribution of photos in categories and update the products. Sometimes photos take time to upload. It would be nice to be able to work without internet and update after having connection.

Reasons for switching to Curate

The other platform was not designed for florists. If it allowed me to have direct communication with the client. Curate greatly facilitates my office work as a florist.

kim

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Can't live w/o Curate!

Super happy with the customer service and the platform. I would recommend 100% :)

PROS

Curate is easy to use and they are always trying to make updates and the system more efficient. The program makes the business side more systematic and less emotional when you are pricing your items. this results in more money in your pocket ;) My clients love the overall look and clarity it provides so I am always meeting their expectations.

CONS

I wish I could add more pictures to the recipe. I wish it were integrated with QB so I would not have to re-enter numbers for my bookkeeper. Once in a while there is something glitchy, but you guys are always fast to solve the problem.

Reasons for switching to Curate

Too hard to use. Super pretty, but not functional. They may have improved, but I'm staying with Curate.

Charmidale

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Operational Time cuts down significantly

Forever indebted to this system and company. A great groupo

PROS

I absolutely loved this B2C software. The ability to create mood boards, preset templates for emails & quotes, being able to capture customer general information from website to system, keep track of inventory and budget, and receive payment definitely saved time, money, and perishable waste. It absolutely got my business on the right track and I advocate every floral business who does wedding & events to invest in Curate! It will alleviate so much of the headache and complexities of the production, so that you have more time to work on your business rather than in it.

CONS

I really didn't have any cons. Over time, I have seen significant improvements and I applaud that.

Reasons for switching to Curate

Needed something that did more than just track finances and invoices

JULIE

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Curate is a game changer

Oh my gosh, the time it saves, it puts together shopping lists, recipes, hardgood lists, does all of the math, and so much more!

PROS

I cannot say enough great things about Curate! It has 100 percent changed my life and my business! All of the amazing features save me months worth of time! I can't imagine running my business without it! I have used their software since it was first released, and it keeps me ahead of my competition.

CONS

Occasionally there are a few glitches that are fixed immediately.

Reason for choosing Curate

Because of the ease of use, and the customer support.

Jessica

Events Services, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2019

BEST EVENT FLORAL SOFTWARE ON THE MARKET

It’s been a wonderful trip. It’s by far the best investment I made in my company. When I first started I spend 4-6 hours trying to figure out how to make a gorgeous proposal. And that was just the proposal. Getting word to work, sizing and moving photos around, fighting with text to be where I wanted it to be. It was the worst. After two proposals I knew something had to change. Little did I know how easy Curate would make the whole process including stem oh tings and placing orders. It’s truly amazing, and the customer service is awesome. I’ve become almost friends with the employees and owner, because they are so easily accessible and active. Over the years I have “played” with other software that friends use, and none have such a straight forward interface, that is almost intuitive to use, or come with the amount of tools and services Curate provides.

PROS

Everything! I love the beautiful proposals it creates effortlessly, I love how easy it is to create recipes, and order flowers with a couple clicks of a button. It does ALL their heavy lifting for you. I can pump out a quick proposal in 15-30 minutes or spend hours on one searching for the perfect photos on Pinterest creating a visual masterpiece, but in the end, what the software does is always fast and easy. I love that they are always updating and adding more amazing features.

CONS

I use it on my iphone 99% of the time, and it works pretty good, there are some features that work better in chrome and I’d love for those features to work well in safari. I’m sure that will be coming soon

It’s far superior.

Bonnie

Reviewed November 2019

A great product for florists!

Being able to order for multiple events is a huge help. I had gone with Curate for that reason but then the​ cost went up. Bloomtrac includes all of the features in one price and as new features are added, the price stays the same.

PROS

I have tried a number of different software and at first Bloomtrac seemed intimidating. There is a learning​ curve with all of these products but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was incredibly responsive and helped me get up and running as quickly as possible. When I left Curate, I knew​ I would have to rewrite all of my proposals in Bloomtrac. What I hadn't anticipated-and hadn't been informed of, was that the proposals I had emailed to clients and to myself would disappear. Fortunately I had printed everything . One​ of the many things I love about Bloomtrac is the ability to truly customize the look of my proposals. This hadn't been possible with Curate.

CONS

I am a slow learner when it comes to technology and there is a lot to learn here- with new features on the horizon as well. Looking forward to being​ able to take the time now that wedding season is slowing down to really get a grasp on all that this software has to offer.

Reasons for switching to Curate

There was no control over fonts, layouts and other design aspects. Product was too expensive. Seemed every time a feature was added the cost went up.

chantelle

Reviewed May 2019

Curate

great experience, helpful and patient tutoring when I first got the software. On going support is excellent. Time saving, money saving enabling me to spend more time on other areas of my business.

PROS

The software ensures that all costs are included so you have a clear overview of your profit margins. The shpping list facilty is such a great time saver as I can email this directly to my suppliers. It also makes you aware of any leftover stock which enables me to adjust my shop orders to reduce waste. The software looks best on a mobile device but in all forms looks professional.

CONS

It takes a while to get your images and designs built into the software. One feature that would be beneficial would be to add a photo option to recipes to enable you to find them at a glance

Hey Chantelle! So glad to hear that we're able to make a difference in your business! So you know, you can see all the photos you've attached to your library items. In the recipe module, just click the little image icon next to the drop down menu and you can start to create a recipe based on the pictures in your library. Feel free to chat us if you need a video of how to do that.

Replied May 2019

Brooke

Reviewed May 2017

An Event Florist's dream software!

saves me so much time and I no longer make mistakes which in turn increases profitability!

PROS

This software has changed my life as an event floral designer. I can not say enough great things about it. It saves me hours of work at the computer! Prior to using Ularas I did everything by hand - designs, crunching numbers, you name it. Mistakes were made and now with Ularas I never have that problem. I think my clients are impressed with the overall look and feel of the proposals we provide to them and in turn we book more events. The personal customer service, our rep and her team behind Ularas provides, is outstanding. I can't imagine any other software owner taking any given moment out of their day to help you with whatever you need and personally walk to you through how to work the software. The Ularas team is always listening to my suggestions and feedback and working hard to continue to make the software fit my personal preferences and needs. As long as I'm in the floral design field I plan to be a Ularian for life! ~Treasured Blossoms

I blush! Thank you, Brooke! You made my week. I'm so happy Ularas is working so beautifully for you. Thank you for taking the time to learn it so well! Please take advantage of our new updates! And if you'd like me to customize your proposal layout, call me! Happy flowering!

Replied May 2017

KENNETH

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2019

An indispensable software for florists

In planning for 2 stores' holidays, events, or even everyday designs, I make a spreadsheet with the menus that takes more than a day. With curate, that has changed exponentially. I take just a couple of hours once I load my menus. You have your hard goods separate from flowers. You have menus, shopping list, break down, right at your fingertips. We have lowered the percentage of unused flowers because we are buying better. We don't have a ton of non-menued items lying around. We have also used this for proposals to big companies re: their interiorscapes and weekly designs. It made us look very professional. Changes to the proposal are instant and we don't even need to resend another pdf. I love that you can add pictures with your menu that can be enlarged if the clients wish to. Overall, curate has been a great investment for our business. We are now 76 yo and still finding ways to be more efficient with softwares like this.

PROS

-good tracking system -can be accessed anywhere with an internet connection -easy to use -proposals look very professional when presented to the client -can easily be used to plan everyday and holiday designs, weddings, and special events

CONS

-duplicate items with the same name can be confusing but can be easily fixed -would be great if other wholesalers can be added in the system

Bri

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2017

This program has changed my life! I know that sounds extreme, but it's true!

I already mentioned this.

PROS

The ease of use, intuitiveness, beauty of the output, ability to write notes for the "front of the house"... i.e. the client" and "back of the house"... i.e. our staff, organizational capabilities and price are all on point. the founder, has been invaluable and more helpful than I can say. She helps trouble shoot, is responsive, takes constructive criticism and implements it, and is open to feedback. She also is authentic, relatable, and has a great sense of witticism. Love the program, love the support and would never go back.

CONS

There are a few tweaks that could make it easier to add groom or MOB or other clients and timing. Its also so comprehensive that I haven't had a chance to really delve in and push it to the limits (not a bad thing). I just have other more pressing issues.

Bri thank you! I appreciate always the honest feedback. I'm so thrilled Ularas is working for you! Yes, we're always working to improve functionality and will continue to do so. When we get to working on our CRM, I'll ping you for thoughts on adding contact to client files/events. Thank you Bri! You are a pleasure to work with. Happy Flowering!

Replied August 2017

Christine

Reviewed August 2018

It's like Having a "tech" right next to you

Time is my biggest issue in preparing professional looking proposals for events. Curate helps keep my time in check. I have been with them over a year & truly enjoy doing proposals. I can do as many as the client needs without having to to "recalc" as the software does it so easily. It even allows me to "take payments" and the end of year work is so much easier.

PROS

I am not a computer techie person. I'm an artist (florist). Curate has been a great assistant . The more I ask questions and they answer them so quickly, the more I use the software. Customer service is so great. They walk me through every area I don't understand and make sure I do understand it. I sometime ask the same questions later in the year & they are just fine with that. I can check my questions from before to help me remember the hows.

CONS

There are no " least's" with this software. It meets my needs & more.

Thanks Christine!! We love that we can make your life easier. You're our favorite! (Pst...don't tell any of our other favorites we told you so)

Replied August 2018