• icon"Pricing is fair, features are robust, and it integrates with quickbooks for seamless accounting."
  • icon"Easy to navigate, very intuitive search functions, and the training we received when we transitioned was wonderful."
  • icon"EVetPractice has an amazing support team and structure. Covetrus as a whole is easy to work with and they answered and addressed all our questions and concerns throughout the process."
  • icon"Takes time to check with the other offices to see if they also have a statement for the same client. Frustrating because some clients get very upset with us."
  • icon"I am currently frustrated with the payment system for the card readers."
  • icon"The printer settings are very difficult and we often have connectivity problems."

Browse all Covetrus Pulse Reviews

• Have you used Covetrus Pulse and would like to share your experience with others?

STEPHANIE

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

User friendly

kaitlin

Evet review

I would give overall A 9 out of 10

Pros

I like that it's cloud based and once you learn it, it's pretty simple. There are things that need to be updated, though.

Cons

Glitches. Inability to customize. Slow at times.

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Pulse

We switched because evet is cloud based.

Response from Covetrus Software Services

Thanks for sharing your review with the veterinary community!

Replied October 2021

Pleased with eVetPractice

We have been very pleased with eVetPractice since we began using it in May 2018. We tried several other programs when we decided to go with a coud-based program, and we are glad that we chose eVetPractice. While no program is perfect, we feel that eVetPractice is the best option for our growing 3-doctor practice.

Pros

eVetPractice is very user-friendly and intuitive. When we onboard new team members, they usually pick things up within the first two weeks.

Cons

The reporting features of eVetPractice are far from perfect. Basic reports are OK, but if you are trying to run detailed reports for accounting and tracking a wide variety of KPIs, this part of eVet will frustrate you.

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Pulse

We wanted a cloud-based software with more customizable features.

Tom

September 2022

Solid all around

Overall experience has been great. Despite the drawbacks of the software there’s no better product on the market

Pros

Overall great set of features to get the job done.

Cons

Do user interface is lacking. Reliability recently has been an issue. Integrations with lab is poor such that it takes several minutes to generate a lab requisition form which slows us down quite a bit.

2018

Industry: Veterinary

Great software but there are still features that need to be added

I am overall pretty happy with the software but I do think that there are still several features that need to be added or upgraded.

Pros

I love that this software is user friendly and that for the most part if I have a question, I can use the Help feature and receive detailed instructions

Cons

Well I think several of the more recent updates are pretty useless and features that would be more useful, like Twin DYMO label setting, and specimen label setting (with label sizes that will actually fit on a blood collection tube) would be way more important that having the MR be Blue/Pink for the sex of the animal. I also think that it should be easier to create a mailing label merge into word. I would also really like it if I could link it to my AccuVet imaging software and EKO for our Littmann CORE stethascope.

Unknown

Response from Covetrus Software Services

Thanks for being a great customer and for sharing your feedback with us.

ashley

October 2022

lots of promises, then Covetrus bought it and pulled the rug out from under...

Pros

integrations (especially payments)+ promises of more

Cons

unable to track / inventory injectable medication by mL, discontinuation of integrations, slow, too many clicks to go between emr / invoicing, etc.

integrations

integrations and functionality promised

Amy

Industry: Veterinary

Review of EVET software for equine veterinary practice

Overall good. However I have been requesting changes for the last 3 years that have still not been addressed. There needs to be an autosave feature for the feee typing in the medical record- if the software loses connection (no offline option) I lose all my work. I don't know why this is so difficult to add. Better features for downloading images. Frustrated by small changes to the look of the platform when functionality for some important issues is still lacking - would rather see that developed

Pros

Great platform. Very easy to use and a lot of helpful features for medical records and client communication. Have tried others and this one is definitely the most user friendly in my opinion. Very comprehensive .

Cons

Not very user friendly on image capture, storage of images and word platform. My practice is advanced diagnostics and based on images and this has been difficult with the software. There is no way to work offline and there is no "auto save" feature so I have lost work many times when losing internet connection at a farm. Have requested changes but still nothing.

Reasons for choosing Covetrus Pulse

I liked the platform however I continue to look at others due to the lack of response to my repeated requests for features on the existing platform.

Linda

August 2022

Price is great, lots of improvements needed

I see absolutely no change for the better now that eVet is called Covetrus Pulse. We have been promised so many "enhancements" over the years, and have gotten not a single thing that we've requested to make our jobs easier with this software. Covetrus took over and is attempting to make it look pretty like the competitor ezVet, but it's not working. We may actually be changing to ezVet soon.

Pros

The price is great. The scheduling module is very user friendly. Reminders are accurate.

Cons

Managing records, client communications, and invoicing could all be better. I also hate that when we ask for a specific improvement, Covetrus tells us we can submit an "enhancement request" for the software team to take into consideration. We've submitted countless "enhancement requests" over the last 4 years of using them, and literally NONE of them have been granted. Instead we get unwanted "updates" such as the screen being outlined in pink/blue to indicate the patient gender, the appointment calaendar now has the times along the side of schedule(nobody needed this, the times are on the appt slots when you hover over them), and the removal of the original whiteboard to be replaced by a "tasks" list that does not work the same way.

Price was great

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Pulse

Intravet was very outdated and not cloud-based

Response from Covetrus Software Services

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We will provide this information to our product team for review.

Replied August 2022

Daphne

Industry: Veterinary

The best cloud-based veterinary software I have tried

It's been very positive. I used three other cloud-based softwares before evet, and wasn't happy with them. I am happy with evet.

Pros

It is easy to set up and customer support is very helpful. They are constantly improving the product and adding new features, and they take recommendations from current users.

Cons

There are a lot of clicks involved to do one thing.

Reasons for choosing Covetrus Pulse

I liked the customer service and the layout of the product better.

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Pulse

VetBlue I used for only about 4 months in 2012 and it did not have the features I needed. It is very bare-bones. VetPort I used from 2012 - 2019, and customer service was a wreck. It was a buggy program that was not intuitive and they never made improvements. Shepherd I only used for about 2 months and it was a total train-wreck.

Overall a good product

Overall, I'm fairly satisfied. I believe eVet is working to improve but I may have been expecting more than what I should have been.

Pros

Integration was fairly smooth but getting used to the program was difficult. The fact that we were still using paper-heavy solutions at the time actually helped. The cloud-based process is good. Updates from eVet are easy and frequent. The customer service is responsive and easy. I like the ability of customer service to go into the software to see exactly what we are having problems with. I think it is, overall, pretty intuitive.

Cons

The practice management reports are not great. I think Avimark has great practice management reports. Since both programs are owned by the same company I would have thought that eVet would have investigated Avimarks best parts and modeled after them. I love the fact that you offer a voting process for requested updates but the process is a bit confusing to me.

Reasons for choosing Covetrus Pulse

I chose eVet based on the recommendation of a colleague. I probably didn't do enough due diligence to really make myself feel completely comfortable.

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Pulse

Avimark became too large and cumbersome to deal with. Customer service became poor and very slow. They were unable to make any sort of significant customer-driven advancements. It became only about integrating other companies into the service. There was no indication that a cloud-based option was becoming available.

Response from Covetrus Software Services

Thanks for sharing your review with the veterinary community!

Joanna

Dwindling Positives

When starting with eVetPractice, knew it was a newer software and maybe not be as robust as others, but had high expectations of improvements based on marketing. Few changes have been made. There are many things that have been known issues for years for lots of users, but no changes for those major flaws. Feel as if eVet has failed to keep its promises regarding improvements, flexibility, and frequency of meaningful updates based on customer feedback. Believe that since being purchased by Henry Schein, it has gone even more downhill. Less to like, lack of changes, lack of improvements, lack of responsiveness. Because of these reasons, the few things that were liked, are dwindling.

Pros

User permissions, remote access and restrictions, time clock, distributor integrations for inventory, ability to toggle on or off lots of things (even small details), quick check out, integration with CareCredit, integration with outside and in house labs.

Cons

Reports, Financials, Label Printer Integration, lack of frequent, meaningful updates, inability to alter inventory/medical details without involving financial components (must void payment and reprocess to make any changes), lagging, old “look”, difficult to navigate and succinctly review medical records, requires so many button clicks, lack of frequent time stamping, lab results “fall off” the recently run page after a certain number, inflexibility of whiteboard utilization or options, inability to enact mass changes with inventory, clients, or patients.

Reasons for choosing Covetrus Pulse

Reasonable pricing, available support, advertised abilities.

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Pulse

Needed cloud based. “Outgrew” old software. Unhappy with software abilities.

Karen

Love EVet

Love it

Pros

Ease of use, easy to train staff on, accessibility on phone.

Cons

Financial reports need to be more in depth and easier to compare year to year

Reasons for choosing Covetrus Pulse

Cost and customer service was phenomenal

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Pulse

Evet is easier to use, better to be online than rely on internal server

Dawn

eVet Practice Review

Gets the job done. Easy to teach to new staff members.

Pros

Evet is cloud based which was the most important thing in our decision making. It gives us the ability to check appointments, invoices & reports remotely. We also have the ability to work from home which was extremely important during the peak of COVID.

Cons

If a mistake is made in the inventory modular- wrong vendor or date- I can not correct it & I have to reach out to tech support. Tech support will have an attitude about changing it. So fix it so the admin can ! Meds waiting to be picked up I am unable to leave those invoices open because they close with the record closing. It is an AR nightmare. In order to use the Pet Portal for payment you must use World Pay. World Pay is horrific. There customer service is non existent. They pass you from person to person & no one can resolve your issue.

Reasons for choosing Covetrus Pulse

At the time I felt eVet was the easiest to maneuver & use

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Pulse

Server was failing. 15,000 for a new one. no options to get on remotely or work from home

Ashley

Relatively User-friendly PMS for a Reasonable Price

Would like more integration, good customer service, seems to be pretty intuitive, also seems easy to accidently move or delete things, on a day to day basis we enjoy the system.

Pros

Cloud-based, customer service is quick and helpful, appt scheduling is pretty seamless, we can make our own forms to fit our clinic's needs, continually making updates, seems to take our opinions into consideration,

Cons

Boarding calendar, returning items or editing receipts takes a lot of steps, too easy to accidentally move things, should require a pets name to make an appointment, inventory needs some tweaks to account for damaged product we are requesting credit for, have been unable to do electronic forms on Chromebooks since a recent update

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Pulse

Strictly because we wanted a cloud-based software, this seemed like it offered a good amount of features that we wanted for a fair price

Lisa

Best bang for the buck

Probabaly the thing that has been the very most valuable is the ability to live chat with customer support. I also appreciate the no-fine-print subscription fees.

Pros

I love the cloud based accessibility! I also love being almost completely paperless. Integrated ordering thru MWI and rep is a a time saver. Easy to modify templates for email communications, practice documents, and SOAP notes. Payment processing integration helps streamline the check-out processs and eliminate manual entry errors. QBO integration is a plus. The cost compared to competitors was a big factor in my decision - value for the money.

Cons

Initial inventory setup was a bit painful and I ended up needing to back track to correct some errors due to some lack of information in initial training.

Reasons for choosing Covetrus Pulse

Value/utility for the price. No "hidden" fees or increase in subscription fee over time.

Response from Covetrus

Thank you for your detailed review, Dr. Shumate! Thank you for choosing eVetPractice to run your veterinary business.

Replied October 2019

Carole

eVet Review

Love it compared to other programs we’ve used. It’s reasonably good, some parts are really excellent. This is a fabulous program. Not every program will do everything, but this comes closest for our needs.

Pros

It’s cloud based, very user friendly, can speak to live body when needed, great keeping track on the computer instead of paper, covers our needs extremely well. We love that it’s always improving.

Cons

Reminders don’t have appointment times, very constant common complaint from clients. Hate the Knowledge Base, not written for regular user, reads as if written for those that already know the program, things aren’t explained well, difficult finding anything in it, then the information isn’t there. Reports can be difficult to figure out how to use, “toggle”, definitions of the different reports, etc. Really want to see last payment date and amount for each client when running A/R aging reports. Do not care for some of the tech help…regardless of user’s computer knowledge, they should be taken seriously and with a helpful attitude, not one that the program is right and the user is wrong…it’s ok to be wrong, be nice when pointing it out.

Reasons for choosing Covetrus Pulse

They didn’t have the features we were looking for, didn’t have the prompt feedback interfacing when dealing with issues that needed program fixes. Loved that this was fresh, made in America, started with veterinarians and family.

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Pulse

Wanted to go cloud based, wanted to be more user friendly, wanted more features, wanted to not have to struggle with so many workarounds when trying to get certain financial information out of program, same with invoicing and more.

Response from Covetrus Software Services

Thanks for being a great customer and for sharing your feedback with us.

Tami

Good basic software

We overall like the product. There have been bugs to work out. I wish that the company would solve actual problems instead of moving things around.

Pros

The best part about the software is the price

Cons

Report options are lacking it would be nice to have greater flexibility in what reports you were able to run. For many things it seems like you have to click through about 5-6 different screens and popups to get where you want to go.

Reasons for choosing Covetrus Pulse

Price and the fact that at the time is was privately owned.

Reasons for switching to Covetrus Pulse

We needed a cloud based option at the time we had two clinics and needed an easier way to have patient in each location. Also at the time evet was privately owned and we did not like the customer service at covetrus for avimark.

Steven