• Pros

• "Very straight forward, easy to learn and use."

• "I love that I can use it anywhere. I am on-the-go most of the time, and it's easy to pull a patient's record up on my phone if I need a quick look. "

• "Easy to learn. Reliable system. Wonderful customer support. "

• Cons

• "Interface is not ideal for mobile, integration with payment processors is limited, but really good if you use the supported merchants. "

• "My only suggestion: link zip codes to towns so that when you're adding a client and type in the zip code, it auto-populates to the correct town."

• "The only thing that I can think of is in inventory, procedures etc is I wish that there could be a page selection at the top of the page instead of only at the bottom."

Browse eVetPractice Reviews

Caroline from Paws on the Go Center for Animal Rehabiitation and Mobility Solutions

eVet Practice review

Just love the overall product

Pros

Customizing, customer service, able to get new function added,

Cons

Navigating it takes a while to get used to, but worth it!

Reasons for Choosing eVetPractice

Looking around, evet was what we needed, we could customize, price was right, support was right.

Reasons for Switching to eVetPractice

The practice needed something more advanced as software

Response from Covetrus

Replied October 2019

Thank you for the kind review, Caroline!

Tami from Big Thompson Animal Hospital

Good basic software

We overall like the product. There have been bugs to work out. I wish that the company would solve actual problems instead of moving things around.

Pros

The best part about the software is the price

Cons

Report options are lacking it would be nice to have greater flexibility in what reports you were able to run. For many things it seems like you have to click through about 5-6 different screens and popups to get where you want to go.

Reasons for Choosing eVetPractice

Price and the fact that at the time is was privately owned.

Reasons for Switching to eVetPractice

We needed a cloud based option at the time we had two clinics and needed an easier way to have patient in each location. Also at the time evet was privately owned and we did not like the customer service at covetrus for avimark.

Theressa from Bulverde Animal Hospital

Bulverde Animal Hospital Review

Easy to start using but awful when you need to use anything beyond the surface level. Customer service used to be great but now it’s terrible and not even worth using because my trained staff know more about the software than they do. The graphics keep changing making the software almost unusable. The changes to the graphics make the product worse and because of all the graphic changes and the poor customer service, changing software has been discussed with my leadership.

Pros

It’s easy to train people to use the software

Cons

Boarding, inventory, and customer service are terrible. The constant changing of the graphics make the product almost unusable.

Cloud based

Reasons for Switching to eVetPractice

Wanted a cloud based system

Gary from Clinton Parkway Animal Hospital

Financial Reports

Don't need "pretty updates", need updates that makes our staff and doctors easier to use.

Pros

Cloud based, but not robust enough for doctors to use on daily basis. Frequent updates are appreciated.

Cons

I do financial reports mostly related to the Sales Report Category. The downloaded Excel file contains formats such as "Fill Color" which are blue and absolutely not necessary. I am not interested in a preety report, I am in interested in a basic informative report on how the hospital is doing. I have to reformat the entire file to Arial, 10 pt with NO color fills. I am interested in Category Revenue and Doctor Production Revenue for monthly/quarterly/annual information. The reports are too congested. I don't need to know Quantity, Tax, Cost, Percentages of Packages or Percentage of All. Revenue or Production should replace Amount in the reports where indicated. Individual Doctor Provided worksheets should be labeled as doctor, not Provider Category Summary, and should be listed in alphabetically order. Also don't need to have reports with Packages or Categories that are "0"--I constantly have to delete those rows. As hospital director I want the basic informative financial information on how the practice is doing revenue wise and what doctor production is. eVet reports are very cumbersome and time consuming to get the information I need.

Reasons for Choosing eVetPractice

Not as robust and difficult to work as other Cloud based systems, but we found, as stated above, it was too simple in design. We have considered swithcing to another system but staff and doctors are stressed enough with Covid19, and don't need additional stress with switching systems.

Reasons for Switching to eVetPractice

Initially liked eVet over other Cloud based because it was simpler in design compared to Improved and other Cloud based systems. Over time we found out that eVet is too simple and needs a lot of work to make it more effective and less time consuming for staff and doctors.

Danielle from Vet Visionaires

Industry: Veterinary

Disappointing, a waste of time, energy and money. Very sad.

I really have no pro's. The "idea" of what this software was going to be, was very far from what it ended up being. I loved the idea of going to the cloud. I loved that we would be able to access both of our locations from off site. There were numerous ideas on paper that seemed like it could be an ideal fit. Unfortunately, the idealistic roll out in my mind was far from the reality. I'm going to say this... when you speak to the CEO after you request a meeting, and within 60 seconds of the call, that CEO you are hoping will address your frustrations, laughs at you? Bad start. Now, I know what the response will be after reading my blurb below... something like, "Mrs. McIver, we apologize that you aren't happy with our software" or another similar phrase. But I am writing this not because I want a response, they very clearly told me they completed a "successful" migration and there was no further action they would be taking... I am doing it because I want people to know the facts. Have they had good runs? I'm sure they have! But when they have bad runs, the company's integrity get's challenged, and I am extremely disgusted with the way myself and my employee were treated during our recent conversation.

Cons

The facts of our run: Our first migration failed after the eVet team believed we wanted our two practices to be merged (however, there is not a mention of the word "merging" in any correspondence). This caused multiple issues both in confusion and legal issues. Although the time invested into that was a waste, and the havoc caused by switching software's back and forth was frustrating for the team and clients, we decided to move on and the team corrected the issue by splitting the clinics. The real concern's then came from the following... > The lack of transferring complete medical history by missing vital signs and documents and then being told "that isn't their job". > The mathematical error's experienced (4 to be exact) in only the first 13 days; calculating invoices way off of what the actual amount should be (screen shot's have been taken). > The 82 inventory discrepancies after coming from a clean run on our old software. > Broken links. > The poor client service and amount of time it takes to get answers on anything. The team on their live chat often don't know how to address your concerns, which then leads to them asking for more time to get you answers. So although the idea of live chat sounded really handy, it was very disappointing. > Records being printed with missing communication logs etc. I know our life on eVet was small, but the issues were too big to continue with.

Response from eVetPractice.com

Replied December 2017

The Vet Visionaries project was a disaster from the start. The conversion process was written and signed by them to merge both clinics, and only after we finished the conversion the group decided it wasn't what they wanted. So fine, mistakes happen, and we restarted from scratch. Then we finished that process and they decided to pull the plug. The failure of this project was communication breakdown, and that communication breakdown was on both sides. That is something we will strive to do better on in the future. The frustration in the review is because they thought they should get a refund on the conversion costs. We thought differently and they decided to write a negative review. We will take the lessons learned in dealing with this group and improve our processes for the better. I would ask anyone reading this to also read the 73 reviews prior that contain 4.5 to 5 stars.

Amy from Hudson Valley Equine Internal Medicine

Industry: Veterinary

Review of EVET software for equine veterinary practice

Overall good. However I have been requesting changes for the last 3 years that have still not been addressed. There needs to be an autosave feature for the feee typing in the medical record- if the software loses connection (no offline option) I lose all my work. I don't know why this is so difficult to add. Better features for downloading images. Frustrated by small changes to the look of the platform when functionality for some important issues is still lacking - would rather see that developed

Pros

Great platform. Very easy to use and a lot of helpful features for medical records and client communication. Have tried others and this one is definitely the most user friendly in my opinion. Very comprehensive .

Cons

Not very user friendly on image capture, storage of images and word platform. My practice is advanced diagnostics and based on images and this has been difficult with the software. There is no way to work offline and there is no "auto save" feature so I have lost work many times when losing internet connection at a farm. Have requested changes but still nothing.

Reasons for Choosing eVetPractice

I liked the platform however I continue to look at others due to the lack of response to my repeated requests for features on the existing platform.

Steven from Vetcetera Pet Healthcare Centre

Industry: Veterinary

Evet Practice Review from a solo practitioner.

In general technical support has been good and very responsive. The setup when I initially went to even brutal. It took many hours on my part getting things set up. I am not sure I would have gone through with Evet had I known that.

Pros

Integration with many other apps, lab equipment.

Cons

Very inefficient. It takes a million clicks to get anything done. Also, the inventory section is awful. It should alert at low inventory and not allow a charge to be put through on a zero inventory item. Improvements seem to come slowly. Recently there have been aesthetic changes but not much that truly improves the functionality of the software.

Reasons for Choosing eVetPractice

ezyVet was much too expensive. Idexx Neo was not robust enough. Vetter, at the time, did not have as much integration with lab equipment and third party software.

Reasons for Switching to eVetPractice

I wanted something that was cloud based as I was tired of maintaining a server.

Kathy from Clifton Park Veterinary Clinic

We love eVet Practice!

Overall we've had a wonderful experience with eVetPractice. Any time we have a problem, we hope on the chat and a support staff member is with us within a few minutes. They are knowledgeable and always work to solve our problems, no matter how long it takes.

Pros

eVet is super user friendly and easy to use. We did have a few hiccups with the integration, but it was fixed very easily. I love that it is cloud based, which made it super easy for me to access while I was working from home during COVID. I also like that I can customize our schedule with different colors to help with organization.

Cons

With our old system if two people were making an appointment at the same time, there would be a notice in a time slot that an appointment was in progress. That is one feature I wish we had. Also, we do miss some of the different reports. There were a few reports in our old system that provided the exact information we were looking for.

Reasons for Choosing eVetPractice

After doing a few demos of other cloud based systems, we chose eVetPractice. I think eVet fits our clinics needs the best. Between the ease of use and the outstanding customer support, I'm very happy that we chose eVet.

Reasons for Switching to eVetPractice

Our server was on the brink of dying and we needed to make a decision. ImproMed was becoming cumbersome and was more of headache then it was worth.

Shonna from Monroe Veterinary Clinic

eVet/Cornerstone Software

We love the fact that some of our staff can work from home, catching up on medical records, making phone calls, work within the system, etc....

Pros

We love the fact that eVet is cloud base and has a chat button. We do not have to spend a lot of time on the phone trying to get help with certain issues/situations.

Cons

Improvements: REPORTS (detail information). This is the one that thing that drives me crazy about eVet. You can not get detailed information for the clinic without spending A LOT of time trying to piece reports together. It would be nice if eVet could produce a monthly dashboard report like Cornerstone use to do for us. I feel like the report department lacks a lot of attention. It is so frustrating when you can't run a 6 month report because it is to much information and the software crashes. We would like to run a sales report on Dental Procedures for the month, you can't do that very well because of the way inventory, procedure and packages are set up. Daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly data reports that are needed for a practice is just not easy to get. I would like to hope in the future that eVet will spend a little bit more time on the report department so clinics can monitor their growth. I like the idea that the reports are pdf or excel, however the excel can be frustrating at times. The way reports converts over is not always simple. I have spent a lot of time learning excel and pivot tables due to eVet and still not get information needed. Treatment Plans: Why do the treatment plans have to break down per category? This is NOT very professional and can be so confusing to clients. Service/Inventory should just be line by line. Clean, simple and easy to discuss with clients. We waste a lot of time explaining why the TP looks the way it does.

Reasons for Choosing eVetPractice

eVet seemed to have what we were looking for in a cloud base software. We did not know at the time that eVet can not produce the detailed reports that Cornerstone has. This part is a disappointment.

Reasons for Switching to eVetPractice

Our server and some desk top computers needed to be updated. We did not not want to spend thousands of dollars again on computers.

Mark from Sunnymead Animal Hospital

Industry: Veterinary

Excellent cloud solution, a good value

EvetPractice has eased my anxiety around daily backups, redundancy and hardware failures. Their update management has never left us without functional software. I have recommended and assisted 3 other hospitals transition to EvetPractice and will continue to do so.

Pros

EvetPractice allowed us to move to a paperless process. Integrations with 3rd party products have eased tasks like reminders and lab result management. Pricing is very straight forward - per doctor fee rather than per user or per client. High uptime availability, monthly updates, great tech support available via the app to all users.

Cons

reporting is only somewhat customizable. Many canned reports are provided, but new reports cannot be created by user

Reasons for Choosing eVetPractice

EvetPractice was designed by a veterinarian and worked well with our existing process. EvetPactice offered best pricing model.

Reasons for Switching to eVetPractice

Avimark became bogged down with useless features, updates would often crash the system, backups and restores cumbersome. Hardware dependent solution could not run on tablets.

Lacey from Sweetbriar Veterinary Clinic

Evet Practice Review

Our overall experience has been positive. It's streamline our practice and made report keeping and ease of medical record sharing much easier.

Pros

We were very impressed with the reporting features, the ease of keeping patient records, and the ease of learning how to use the software. Having gone from no practice software to eVet was seamless.

Cons

It would be nice to have a few extra features added for less clicks between functions, and with the resolution of google cloud print, it has been a struggle to get our network printers working again.

Reasons for Choosing eVetPractice

The cost was a major determining factor and all the features this software offered was our main deciding factor.

Caitlin from Jersey Shore Animal Center

evet review

Pros

It is very easy to setup new client accounts and to book appointments.

Cons

we like everything so far. No complaints.

Reasons for Choosing eVetPractice

has everything we needed for our surgery and wellness clients

Lisa from Wags and Whiskers Pet Wellness Clinic

Best bang for the buck

Probabaly the thing that has been the very most valuable is the ability to live chat with customer support. I also appreciate the no-fine-print subscription fees.

Pros

I love the cloud based accessibility! I also love being almost completely paperless. Integrated ordering thru MWI and rep is a a time saver. Easy to modify templates for email communications, practice documents, and SOAP notes. Payment processing integration helps streamline the check-out processs and eliminate manual entry errors. QBO integration is a plus. The cost compared to competitors was a big factor in my decision - value for the money.

Cons

Initial inventory setup was a bit painful and I ended up needing to back track to correct some errors due to some lack of information in initial training.

Reasons for Choosing eVetPractice

Value/utility for the price. No "hidden" fees or increase in subscription fee over time.

Response from Covetrus

Replied October 2019

Thank you for your detailed review, Dr. Shumate! Thank you for choosing eVetPractice to run your veterinary business.

Lauren from Rocky Mountain animal hospital

Basic software

Overall I think it’s a great program to use, I don’t think it’s bad at all, there are definitely worse. You can teach anyone probably in a day or two. It’s very self explanatory. Coming from Cornerstone I picked it up in about a day, convenient to use.

Pros

What I like best is it’s easy to use and figure out. I had only used cornerstone before and it’s similar. I’ve only used AVImark for a few days, I find it harder that EVetPractice. I do enjoy some features, like how you can easily access the invoicing from more than one place, making notes are easy, editing is easy, and understanding the schedule/scheduling is VERY easy. Emailing medical records and estimates is a really cool feature. You can even save formats of what document you are sending.

Cons

Some of my issues, there aren’t as many features from what I’m used too. I find cornerstone has a lot of options of what you want. One thing I find irritating is no matter how long it’s been is you can edit notes or make changes. Whereas cornerstone you can “finalize” your notes so no one else can change it, but add on things you forget and it tells you when and who added something. Making estimates for patients are also not my favorite. There are options for group codes or individual codes. Versus one place where you can look up either... confusing... then when you save the estimate it’s hard to find. I wish I showed up in the medical record that we made one and can look at a finalized version of the estimate. But instead you have to find the estimate tab, and in a small box it has today’s date, well you need to click on that box to find other estimates. It shows up in the original format so you can continue to make adjustments which can be useful, but it’s just confusing. Imputing vaccine history is also just a train wreck... it takes me forever to input one, now try adding a full vaccine history, or bloodwork reminders... headache... another headache feature is transferring your bloodwork results. Obviously IDEXX made cornerstone so it’s very easy for the two to communicate, but it’s kind of a task to attach bloodwork to each patient, or finally figure out how to transfer the patient to the lab station.

Changed clinics

Marie from Mid-Valley Veterinary Hospital

Good Software that Continues to Improve

Overall, I have had a great experience with eVetPractice for a cloud based system and I look forward to seeing how they develop and what they add from here!

Pros

It is more user friendly that some other software options. The fact that it is cloud based and can be accessed from anywhere was key for our purchasing decision. I like the fact that they continue to add features.

Cons

There are some features that are not available that I think should be common in veterinary software. When we ask about them, they add it to the features request list, but sometimes this takes a long time to get implemented. Example: ability to prevent some employees from making changes to the schedule. Hopefully will integrate with IDEXX xray systems soon! Would also like the ability to link multiple inventory items without making a package, and ability to zero out cost of linked inventory items.

Reasons for Choosing eVetPractice

Ease of use and capabilities.

Reasons for Switching to eVetPractice

Vetter was the first cloud based system we tried when we decided to ditch Cornerstone and go cloud based and paperless. Reports and accounting were inaccurate and unreliable. Customer service was horrible. They touted having many features that they either didn't have or didn't work how they were supposed to.

Phillip from The Ark Animal Hospital

Evet Addition To The Practice

Overall, the transition has been great. It has improved my room turnover time, accuracy of invoices, and integrates with my in-house lab machines. Users can me modified to only have certain access, which has been great for security and accountability. Really don't have any major complaints with the software. Aside from improving financial reporting features I would give the software a 4.5/5.

Pros

I like that it is cloud based. Eliminated a huge portion of my monthly IT bill. Customer support is great and very knowledgeable. Cost per month for the software is very reasonable. It was easy to learn and my whole staff was competent on the platform within days.

Cons

The reporting features could use some tweaking. Some things can be very nuanced and the financial reports could do with some additions and upgrades. Things have been tough for my bookkeeper and I don't have a great avenue in order to iron out these issues. Customer support is great on daily Evet use and issues but reporting needs its own department of support.

Reasons for Choosing eVetPractice

Our practice was too large for Vetter to be used without issue and while Avimark is a great platform it would have required us to purchase another server

Reasons for Switching to eVetPractice

Our server needed replacing and we were looking at an $10k cost for that. For a fraction of that I switched to Evet and improved many areas in the practice while negating a server need. Should have gone cloud based much sooner

Eric from Codornices Veterinary Clinic

My Titled Review for eVetPractice

Since making the switch from IntraVet to eVetPractice, things are fine. All of the porting over of records from old system to new was handled very well by them. The fact that we can choose to access it from anywhere (including my cell phone on days when the power has gone out) is great. The tech support is great, even though they often can't "cure" the specific issue. But they are honest about it, and always pleasant. There will always be some things that this system does better AND worse than that system, but overall, we are better off for having switched to them.

Pros

-cloud-based (or internet-based, whatever the correct term is) -very timely tech support -barrier-to-entry training is moderate; doesn't take long to figure out -many customizable display options

Cons

-when tech support is open, they're great, but since we are on the West Coast and they are not, they close earlier than would be ideal -the client payment history screen is a MESS (if someone doesn't make a full payment one time, it visually carries over and repeats that not-fully-paid invoice over and over, and makes it a big chore to figure out payment issues) -reports are less intuitive and less customizable than former software (Intravet and Cornerstone, to name two) -sometimes, you can see the disconnect between the developers and users with certain options

Reasons for Switching to eVetPractice

We were looking for a cloud-based option, to better sync our two buildings and allow for use from home when needed.

Jennifer from Chimney Hills Animal Hospital

eVetPractice

From the migration to current day, the training and support staff at eVetPractice have been wonderful. If I have any questions about anything, I can jump on a live chat with someone within a matter of minutes and almost always have a solution to my problem. It is very intuitive for the user and administrator.

Pros

This software is very easy to use. The development team is constantly trying to improve and take suggestions to make it better. The support staff is very responsive, and if they don't have a solution to a problem, then they take a note of it, and put it on their roadmap to develop. The software itself is very intuitive, and even people who have never worked in the veterinary industry seem to pick it up very quickly. I have some employees who are not great with technology, and this software is easy for them to use.

Cons

The only thing that ever bothers me, is at the end of the day, the server seems to become less responsive. The loading times are longer. My assumption is that it is the time of day when everyone is trying to run reports, which is a very cumbersome process on the backend of the software. Having reports run in a more timely fashion, and the slowdown at the end of the day are the only downsides I've seen thus far.

Reasons for Choosing eVetPractice

Price point was a big factor, but also evet seemed to be easier to use.

Reasons for Switching to eVetPractice

Wanted to move from a server based software to a cloud based software. The previous software used did not seem like they were trying to progress, and the updates became very stale with little to no improvements.

Katie from Animal Care Center of Aurora

EvetPractice

Evetpractice is a good general software system if you are willing to set aside being heard and ignored for things that you suggest to be updated. It works but has much that can be approved upon.

Pros

Its easy ability to quickly learn using the software. It has many features that are essential to veterinary practices. The customer services is generally good. Its nice to be able to access the software with any device that has internet.

Cons

The system and updates seem to have declined since Covetrus purchased it. Update are slow, issues arise alot more then before and customer service has started to decline. Many times we have asked for assistance and the agents have seemed annoyed. Requests for updates that are crucial seem to not be as important as they used to be. Its confusing because the Covetrus also owns several other veterinary software programs that have been around a very long time. Those programs have many of the options that are needed for this software yet they are not available on this system. I think there is much to be desired since the software was sold to larger company that values it customers less.

Reasons for Switching to eVetPractice

Because at the time Ezyvet was a brand new software and was mostly beta format. I had just opened my practice and needed a system that was more prepared. The private owners of the Evetpractice were caring, understanding and quick to ass improvements. Having that one on one importance with the couple (husband and wife team) that developed the system is what won me over and made me comfortable making the switch.

Response from Covetrus

Replied September 2019

Hello Katie! Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad that you like your eVetPractice software. I've sent on your concerns about the updates and support. We're focused on continual improvement and always looking for feedback on how we are doing. If you have any additional questions or feedback, please don't hesitate to reach us at US-CGSS_Solutions@Covetrus.com. All the best!

Sandie from Kindness in Motion Mobile Animal Hospital

Great for mobile vets!

Overall Evet is a good product with excellent customer service. Updates can be slow to come but that is understandable at this price point.

Pros

Evet is super easy to use on a daily basis. My favorite thing as a mobile vet is the easy access to google maps for my client's address. I love being able to access medical records on the go, and all my employees have easy access to their work schedules right there on the calender. Its very easy to check people out, change prices, etc. I've used Avimark and Cornerstone, and evet is by far the better product. The help chat feature always has all the answers to our questions in just a few minutes. Really good customer service!!

Cons

Setup took some time. It was also my first time setting up practice software, so I give it the benefit of the doubt on that one. I don't like the constant updates and changing location of buttons for no reason. Don't like the menu list in the gear icon, poor functionality for going deeply into the options.

price, ease of use

Vaughn from Comforts of Home Vet Care, PC

Could not be more happy or satisfied after my first year with eVetPractice!

Pros

I'm a small animal House Call practice, but we also set up Express Wellness Clinics in the Birmingham, AL area doing low-cost vaccine clinics. In July of 2016, when I started to do my county wide Express Wellness Clinics, I was looking for a good, affordable, reliable, and cloud based software system. All achieved. I had used eVetPractice working with a local shelter the year before. For a single doctor mobile practice, cost per month is so perfect for me. This software is very comprehensive ( the good thing), so be aware that it will take a while to learn all the ins-and-outs, but don't be discouraged, once you use this cloud based software, it's a win-win for you and your clients. Great support to get started (Webinars), and follow-up support is exceptional. I have had fewer calls for vaccine records, etc. because clients can access their own records from eVetPractice. I can access from any computer connected to the internet. I have personally integrated with HomeAgain and recently VetsFirstChoice. Wow, how nice to have client/patient information sent directly with no other effort. Lastly, the support from eVetPractice is so reliable. If you do have a question, the "Help" tab at the bottom of the screen will usually solve most of my issues, but the Live Chat is so perfect for me as I have never waited more than a minute to get help. I can only speak as a small animal mobile practice owner, the value is worth more than the cost!

Response from eVetPractice.com

Replied August 2017

Hello Dr. Walker, Thank you for the wonderful words. Sincerely, eVetPractice Team

Ellen from Aurora Veterinary Clinic

eVetPractice

Frustrating. Part of the situation was we did our original migration 6 months prior to going live. We should have done a second migration, which I found out months after going live. We also scheduled onsite training, which they canceled because they overbooked the day and never rescheduled (you honestly don't need it - their online training to utilize the program is good, but it might have helped with our multi-location functionality. Inventory management is not their strong suit.

Pros

Customizable, ease of use. If I were a single location practice, it would be great.

Cons

We are a multi location practice working off a single database. EVetPractice is not friendly to this setup, it takes hours of extra work to keep the multi locations identicle. They have an "Enterprise" function - but then it does not share medical records.

Reasons for Choosing eVetPractice

At the time, we were told that they were completely functional with multi-location same data base practices.

Reasons for Switching to eVetPractice

Needed to go cloud based in order to decrease server/IT costs.

Sue from Rosedale Animal Hospital

Industry: Veterinary

eVetPractice is an economical and useful tool

Pros

Ease of use, easy to upgrade, accessible from multiple sites

Cons

Some of the financial reports are difficult to use. We get conflicting results on our accounts receivable in different reports.

Reasons for Choosing eVetPractice

Better pricing, cloud based, seemed more user friendly

Reasons for Switching to eVetPractice

Was not being upgraded, crashed often

Response from Covetrus

Replied September 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Dr. Reiter! Check out the September 2019 release, we've made changes to our accounting side. Be sure to let us know what you think!

Ellen from Animal Medical Center of Tyler

Best Software I've Used

eVet has really streamlined our wellness plans. We have over 500 pets on wellness plans and have very minimal issues.

Pros

The customer support is amazing! Any time we need help, we can chat with support and they'll walk us through it or jump in and do it for us. This system is extremely user friendly. We offer in house wellness plans that we used to manage at a local bank but switched from Cornerstone to eVet because they have the built in wellness plan function. Everything runs seamlessly! We love the fact that it's a web based program that we can access from anywhere.

Cons

Switching from Cornerstone to eVet was cumbersome but that was at no fault of eVet. They made the transition process as easy as possible and helped us every step of the way. While we do love the fact that it's web based, any time the internet is down, we can't access the system.

Reasons for Switching to eVetPractice

The wellness plan feature.

Torrey from CAWS Veterinary Hospital

Excellent Software with one problem

Overall the experience has been very good with E-Vet. I would like to see the server issue / speed issue be improved. I could deal with slowness every once in a while, but having to contact them constantly about the issue is getting tiresome, especially when we have so little time in the day because of of increased business.

Pros

Software is straight forward and simple to use. The user interface is excellent and the features make it some of the best veterinary software I have used in 20+ years. Customer Support is available to help quickly.

Cons

The biggest complaint I have, which is a significant one, is that the E-Vet servers cause significant speed issues very often, at least a few times a week, sometimes everyday. These issues typically are at their worst right after E-Vet launches a monthly update release. It is something that seems to have become worse since this past November/ December 2020. When this issue occurs the software loads at a snails pace, sometimes taking 30 seconds to 2 minutes to load between pages. Customer support is very responsive but usually reports that "more resources need to be made available on their end to speed things up." All of our computers are hard wired and have very fast speeds and normal continual ping tests so we know what top check to make sure it is not on our end. Logical needed recommendations for software enhancements based on other software offerings are ignored and not implemented.

Reasons for Switching to eVetPractice

Wanted to move to a cloud based software program with more features and communication features.

Tasha from Pondview Veterinary Clinic

eVet Practice

I have been using it for about 7 months and thus far I love it. The staff loves it. We are very happy.

Pros

This software is easy to use and efficient. The company is always working to make things better and seems to come out with new updates frequently. The updates have always been helpful and are usually driven by the companies that use the software.

Cons

There are aspects that could become more efficient but they will get there. The updates the company does is great.

Reasons for Choosing eVetPractice

They integrated with what we were already using. The system was efficient and easy to use.

Reasons for Switching to eVetPractice

Intravet wasn't cloud based and was very inefficient. Support was difficult to obtain and there wasn't any updates.

Michael from Family Pet Health

Industry: Veterinary

Great cloud-based solution for your vet practice

Overall we have been very pleased with eVetPractice.

Pros

eVetPractice is a very intuitive system, and it provides a great way to manage your vet practice's medical records, hospital workflow, and business finances.

Cons

I wish there was a better way to know when someone has placed an item on the whiteboard for the logged-in user to complete. I would like to see some sort of alert pop up beside the whiteboard tab if there is a new item placed on there for me. I would also like my rabies report to be in order of tag number!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reasons for Switching to eVetPractice

We wanted a cloud-based system. Also, the people at PetDesk said that you integrated well with them, and we knew we were going to use their service before we had settled on a new management software.

Response from Covetrus

Replied September 2019

Hello Michael, Thank you for your review! While the rabies report displayed in the software isn't sortable, we do offer an excel export (for all reports). I've sent over the whiteboard request, we're always looking for ways to improve usability. All the best!

Anne from South Town Animal Hospital

Solid Software

Its easy to go eco friendly and streamlines communication with Clients. Takes a lot of programs and brings them all together

Pros

Transitioning to Evet software was relatively easy! Our team was able to easily and quickly catch on to how it works and the intricacies. Love the ability to add or subtract (activate and deactivate) settings and reports, it is very easy. Our technicians love the online anesthetic monitoring form. Finally all of us love that this system is accessible from anywhere. If our internet goes out, we love having the ability to remotely access the software.

Cons

Integration was not difficult, it was actually the opposite. What is difficult however, is how evet shuts down (slows down to the point of not functioning) during our office hours. When Evet does maintenance we are still open and cannot get our tasks done that need to be. Every Wednesday of every week there is some type of slowing down that happens with Evet. We are open till 8-9pm on Wednesdays and when it get closer to the end of our evening, evet slows to the point of not working anymore. The other con would be the inability to store Clients Credit Card numbers, it is high in demand. Printers and label makers are incompatible with Google Chrome - so we often have troubles.

Jeremy from North Branch Animal Hospital

Excellent cloud-based software!

We were a start-up practice in 2015 and did many trials of various cloud-based softwares. I had previously used Cornerstone and can say I am so happy we picked eVetPractice. It really does everything we need. We just finished our 4th year open and eVet has grown with us and met all our needs.

Pros

I love being able to access our EMRs from anywhere. It allows me to work out of the office. It is also very intuitive to use and has many helpful integrations (QuickBooks, reference labs, etc)

Cons

I have few complaints about the software. It has less report options than other programs I have used like Cornerstone, but the ones available have been all I have needed.

Reasons for Choosing eVetPractice

After the trials, eVet seemed the most complete and intuitive for me.

Response from Covetrus

Replied September 2019

Thank you, Dr. Shumaker! Happy to have you as a Raving Fan!

Stephanie from Republic Veterinary Hospital

Definitely recommend eVetPractice

Overall I am happy with the software & definitely recommend it.

Pros

This software is quite easy to learn. New employees and relief staff are able to jump in quite quickly. Customer support has been good.

Cons

There is more "clicking" than I would like. For example, when I write a SOAP, I don't use the premade sections for the S, the O, the A & the P, I just write the whole SOAP in the S section & add a line of dashes inbetween the sections. Much faster this way. I have mentioned this weakness to eVetPractice several times & they acknowledge it & say they are working on it, but it hasn't been addressed in the 3 years I have been using it.

Reasons for Choosing eVetPractice

ezyVet seemed overwhelming & Hippo seemed too skeletal.

Reasons for Switching to eVetPractice

I wanted a cloud based software.

nancy from Lake Hopatcong Animal Hospital

It's pretty good

Being the first time we're on the internet, it's been a nice change. Would be nice to have a written booklet to reference when trying to do something new.

Pros

Ease of emailing records, looking up information, inventory setup and edit. Nice to be able to scan in documents to medical history.

Cons

Patient alerts and client notes do not appear on medical history. 'Check in' papers don't have enough info, not easy to read. Medical history takes a long time to load when over a certain amount of pages.

Customer service

Updated whole system.

Response from Covetrus

Replied February 2020

Thank you for your review, Nancy! Have you checked out the knowledge base articles? You may find this a great resource to use when referencing something new. We also offer webinars, keep a lookout in your email for the monthly schedule.

Nancy from Maryland Mobile Veterinary Clinic

eVetpractice.com

Having started with eVet 4 years ago this month, I have appreciated their customer support and the capability for the system to work how we need it to in most situations. Two years ago, I made the mistake of being lured away by another cloud based program, and after a grueling 13 days with that system, and being treated rudely by their staff (and owners), I quickly went back to eVet! Improvements are being made all of the time.

Pros

It is powerful and adaptable to fit your needs.

Cons

Reports are sometimes difficult to navigate, and there are not enough filters to generate reports that are useful. For instance, the on hand inventory alert report does not let you exclude inactive items, which makes the report useless.

Reasons for Choosing eVetPractice

Initially, it was my demo with a rep of eVet. Although I have a list of items I'd love to see changed in eVet, after my brief interlude with Vetter, I appreciated the power of this program, even though at the time it wasn't as "pretty" and the invoicing left a lot to be desired. (It has improved since then, but still not perfect!)

Reasons for Switching to eVetPractice

Cloud based became critical as our house call practice grew.

Response from Covetrus

Replied September 2019

Hello Dr. Powel, Thank you for your review! We are so happy that you came back to us!

Jennifer from Highland Animal Clinic & Pet Grooming

Industry: Veterinary

Winner! Functionality! Ease of Use! Cost!

Can't even brag enough about EVetPractice for running a veterinary practice smoothly. The developers are top notch. Always available and responsive via their help chat box in the lower right corner. They make upgrades easily. The integrations, like VPR Cloud Formulary, Demand Force client communications, laboratory integration, email within the system- just cuts tasks down to a minimum. We use the anesthetic monitoring sheet, quick templates for histories and exams and iPads & laptops in our rooms. Best part as the practice manager - I can easily add purchase orders, schedule an appointment for a client or pull practice management reports from home! Practice Management made easy. The millennial generation jumps right in and learns this program in a snap- click friendly! And last thing, we had an emergency transition to this software and were up and running in 3 days with full data migration after extracting safely from previous system. Love, use and highly recommend EVetPractice!

Pros

Functionality, common sense approach, ease of use, employees find easy to train on using, cloud based accessibility, integrations from 3rd parties and of course- price!

Cons

Not two way integrations with all laboratories

Response from eVetPractice.com

Replied February 2017

Hello Jennifer, Thank you for the kind words! Eddie and eVetPractice Team

Terri from Coldwater Animal Clinic

Industry: Veterinary

Overall a good program for the veterinary business

The program has been working very nicely for us. So far, every one who uses it has had little to no issues with use. Testing in clinic has become easier with the tests being linked and added right into the patients history.

Pros

Ease of use is most important. We need a simple and effective program that we can quickly teach to other employees. Each user has his/her log in information. Inventory is set up nice and is easy to use.

Cons

We have multiple practices and some clients receive two statements when they visit two different offices within the same month. Takes time to check with the other offices to see if they also have a statement for the same client. Frustrating because some clients get very upset with us.

Reasons for Choosing eVetPractice

I was not in on the final decision; the business owners made that decision.

Reasons for Switching to eVetPractice

DVM Manager was going to discontinue customer support.

Sarah from Sport Dog Specialty Medicine, LLC

Industry: Veterinary

Good for mobile work, veterinary specialist

I'm really happy with the software and wonder how I did my work without it. I am mobile so I like that I can use it most anywhere, as long as I have cell service or wifi. It's easy to use on my laptop or ipad.

Pros

1. Ease of use: I can easily do charts with templates I've put in, run reports I need (I don't use them all), putting in charges/treatments. 2. Pragmatic: Entering new clients, patients, packages is very intuitive and straightforward. 3. I can easily enter information from other veterinary hospitals, radiographs and documents. 4. The referral system set up is super easy to use and generate referral documents.

Cons

1. The jumble of words/sections when I go into the settings is my least favorite thing about eVet. I end up searching for the section I want every time and I don't like the appearance. 2. Customer service was not so good for a month or two, approximately one year ago; I think there were some transitions happening. However since then they have been truly SO helpful, willing to find out an answer for me and help solve a problem. I use the chat quite a bit. I wish there was help available on the weekend or even Saturdays. 3. I disconnected it from Quickbooks Online as my bookkeeper continued to have issues.

Reasons for Choosing eVetPractice

Price, feedback from colleagues that were already using it.

Juliann from Compassion Veterinary Center

Industry: Veterinary

Easy to use, tons of functionality!

Wonderful customer service, very responsive to programming requests, debuts new changes often.

Pros

cloud based so can access from anywhere, easy to find information for clients and patients (not a lot of different pages), easy to navigate from calendar to record.

Cons

Not great on mobile. Would like a sort of pop-op feature to notify other users of various things throughout day.

Reasons for Choosing eVetPractice

seemed easier to navigate, more intuitive.

Response from Covetrus

Replied September 2019

Hello Juliann! Thank you for your feedback! I sent over your request for pop-up notifications via mobile to the product management team for consideration. If you have any additional questions or feedback, please don't hesitate to reach us at US-CGSS_Solutions@Covetrus.com.

Christine from Full Circle Veterinary Hospital

It works for us!

It has been an easy product to learn and teach to other staff members! There are some quirks but the support team is pretty responsive.

Pros

We LOVE that it is cloud based and that we can sign in from home on bad weather days to cancel or reschedule appointments! According to many of our team this software was easy to learn and easy to use from the beginning! You can easily upload documents and edit pet history when needed!

Cons

One thing we really wish we could do is see when another staff member is looking at an appointment slot! We've put this request in many times but it is not a feature yet. With multiple staff answering phones and scheduling appointments we have occasionally double booked an appointment slot because we are unaware someone else is looking at the available time! This happens on busy days, like Mondays and Fridays. Also, we wish we could do one estimate for a client who has multiple pets coming for an appointment. At this time we can only do an estimate under each pet.

Reasons for Choosing eVetPractice

We chose it because it is Cloud based!

Jennifer from Four County Veterinary Services

Industry: Veterinary

Overall good program with lots of features.

Customer services has been mostly helpful though they often are confused as to what we are having trouble with and it takes an excessive amount of time to fix anything. More often than not, we don't get our problem fixed and are told "that is just how the system operates and we have to deal with it." WHen we want to customize some features that frustrate our clinic, they are not available to change.

Pros

The system is intuitive and easy to use for the most part. I can find what I need easily and data entry is fairly easy. There are nice administrative features that give me the reports and data I need for analysis of company health. Client features are nice and look professionally when communicating with the client.

Cons

The printer settings are very difficult and we often have connectivity problems. I would like other options besides Google cloud to connect printers directly for easier use. We also have trouble with glitches frequently and get frustrated making sure our data is entered correctly especially invoicing and payments.

Reasons for Choosing eVetPractice

Overall ease of transition and use and price.

Response from Covetrus

Replied September 2019

Hello Jennifer! Thank you for your detailed review. I am sorry to hear about the experience you have had with some of our support, I've sent this over to our support manager to be investigated.

Autumn from Islandside Animal Hospital

eVetPractice - Islandside Animal Hospital

Pros

We are very happy with this software. It streamlines our entire day by allowing us to be server-free and completely on wi-fi with our equipment (which also integrates well with evet).

Cons

I wish we could select the Lot numbers we are using (via a drop down menu) when we are filling prescriptions rather than it being automatically assigned from the most recent lot available.

Reasons for Choosing eVetPractice

Cloud Based was 100% necessary for us at the start of our practice.

Response from Covetrus

Replied September 2019

Glad to hear you are happy with your software selection, Autumn. All the best!

Dani from Crossroads Mobile Vet

I recommend eVet 100%

100% satisfied! Great training, great support, great product. Thank you!

Pros

eVet is everything I'd hoped for in cloud-based software. The training/on-boarding was excellent. The software is thorough and saves me hours of work. It's a great interface with the client on the front-end, and super-easy to use on the back-end. I love the chat/help option too. I have a mobile practice, and eVet support has solved multiple issues on the road.

better interface

Reasons for Switching to eVetPractice

wanted cloud-based software and e-medical records.

Collene from Cave Springs Veteirnary Services

We love Evetpractice!

Our overall experience has been great. We lover the program and have not had any other issues. Help is always very helpful and we can always find the answers in the help area.

Pros

We did not need a server anymore. It is all web based and can be accessed anywhere. We found it very easy to learning the program.

Cons

The printing. We have had a lot of issues with the printing, the dymo label printer would just stop working for no reason and the printers would not work from time to time and we had to trouble shoot them a lot. Now that google cloud print is going away we have to find another option on our own.

Reasons for Choosing eVetPractice

The onboarding cost was way less money then the competitors and the program seemed to be the easiest to learn.

Reasons for Switching to eVetPractice

We wanted to switch to a cloud base program and we found that EVet Practice was the most cost effective.

Carol from Petwise

Happy eVet user

Compared with our former software package, eVet gives us the advantage of all staff members having access. This improves work flow and teamwork :-)

Pros

eVet makes it easy for our remote staff members to all have access to patient charts. Training & support are excellent :-)

Cons

If we don't have an internet connection, we have to make notes and enter them later and we have to call our remote receptionist so that we can check clients out. Some features are "clunky", e.g. entering patient photos is a multi-step process.

Reasons for Choosing eVetPractice

There was an introductory pricing structure that we took advantage of. We also did multiple demos and liked the ease of use and features of eVet.

Anne from Clayton Family Veterinary Care

Industry: Veterinary

Good value for $$, but lacking some things

Overall it has been a steep learning curve, but have gotten the hang of it. I’d really like yo be able to “lock” records... it would be very easy to go in and accidentally delete an entire record, there is no “are you sure you really want to delete” questions... just gone

Pros

Cost, scheduling, online chat help, once you get used to it, easier to use, but still a lot of steps at times

Cons

Lots of clicks to do something, inability to time stamp, refills pull from price originally put in ( so if it has increased, you lose that money, no way to lock medical records, not super-intuitive .

Reasons for Choosing eVetPractice

Seem to have good support, price was right

Reasons for Switching to eVetPractice

Started a new practice and wanted cloud based and affordability

Stephen from PALM AIRE ANIMAL MEDICAL CENTER

Owner, veterinarian

this is a very nice program and I shopped them all. Very competitive and works well. Reasonably comprehensive. Wish the developers were more motivated to improve and really understood my needs. Very happy though. Would recommend.

Pros

Easy to use. Decent medical records.......could be better if they were more forward thinking Reasonable price.

Cons

Stupid little things.....why hasn't this been fixed. Lack of development....this is a very nice program but it coud be so much better if somebody with more inspiration was running the show. Medical records are nice but very basic I am just not sure they want to be better. Hard to control how many emails and reminders.......needs development. Sales reps nice but not effective They have this list of requested improvments that must be in a deep dark basement......never seem to get a response to requests.

Response from Henry Schein Veterinary Solutions

Replied October 2018

Dr. Romero, Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing that eVetPractice is easy to use for you and your team. We also appreciate your feedback surrounding areas where we can improve. I've passed this directly to our Product Management team for review. If you ever have questions or additional feedback surrounding eVetPractice, please don't hesitate to reach us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com.

TERRENCE from EASTHAVEN ANIMAL HOSPITAL, DANDY ACRES SMALL ANIMAL HOSPITAL

You won't regret it!

Couldn't wait to get away from the 1990's server headaches and onto the cloud...but I was nervous. I researched and demo'd my brains out...couldn't find anything I liked until I tripped across eVetpractice. We Demo'd it for a month then took the plunge. There are pro's and con's to everything so there a few things eVet can't do that the old system could do...but I don't miss them. The pro's FAR OUTWEIGH the cons. It is wicked fast, makes being paperless a delight instead of a mystery. SUPER easy to use and learn...one of my staff members was introduced to it, used it for 10 minutes and announced, " It's the Facebook of vet software." She is right. It's not perfect but I am delighted for the price and service. We bought another clinic 6 months later and the first thing we did was move them from Infinity to eVet. Just get yourself a robust internet provider and do it. We use travel sheets, a ScanSnap ix500 scanner, (a must!), and a couple of Dymo labelwriters. Prepare yourself to even need less staff. Been using for over a year now and it's one of the best moves we have made in years for our business and our medicine.

Pros

EASE, SPEED, ROBUST, COMPREHENSIVE, REPORTING

Cons

ORGANIZING TRAVEL SHEETS AND OTHER REPORTS IS TRICKY WHEN YOU FIRST GET STARTED

Response from eVetPractice.com

Replied March 2017

Hello Terrence :), Thank you for the great review! You know we love you guys too. Thanks Eddie and eVet Team

Cody from Keota Veterinary Clinic

Great Software

Have been happy with it and look forward to what the future holds.

Pros

We have an older generation of clients and employees, so the first couple months were a little give and take. There's simply so much more you can do with this product, especially integrating it with a reminder system. Many use PetDesk, but we've been happy with rapport in addition to evet 99% of the time.

Cons

Our main con is the updates. If small animal based, I don't see them causing much issue. We are largely production animal based, so we had a separate company when we used infinity prior to evet to keep track of rebates. With evet, this same company that processes the rebates has to update their algorithms every 6-12 months to get and accurate rebate sales. It's usually simple coding changes.

Reasons for Choosing eVetPractice

Ezyvet was much more robust and debatably a better product. With that being said, with it being more robust and our older generation of employees, we feared that the learning curve would be too much.

Reasons for Switching to eVetPractice

Needed a better way to access client/pet information since we do after hours care.

Lex from Coastal Mobile Veterinary

Please fix reminders!!!!!

I would be happier with the program if the reminders were addressed. I have complained numerous times to technical support over the past year and it STILL has not been addressed. Very disappointing

Pros

Ease of use. I like updates. Okay, now that I have tried to submit this form 4 times and it won't let me, ,y impressions are becoming more negative.

Cons

Reminders. The program really falls short when it comes to reminders. In a word, its primative. I need a reminder system that can remind people of different KINDs of appointments; surgery vs wellness. I have had several complaints especially from new puppy owners that they get as many as six reminders (one for each vaccine and the exam).

Reasons for Choosing eVetPractice

Vetter had too many clicks and their customer service was awful; scheduled a demo; they cancelled 20 min prior to appointment then when they DID give me the demo, they guy rushed through it leaving me with the impression that he had been hassled.

Alice from Community Care Animal Hospital

Love it!!!

It has been very easy to use & train staff on. The customer service has been amazing. The staff that helped up transition from Intravet to Evet where great!

Pros

Love that we can pull evet up on our phones and have east accuse anywhere we are Love the white-board

Cons

Want our Icloud print back & for wasted items to come out of inventory when added to a patients account We would like to have more then 1 screen/tab open at a time

Reasons for Choosing eVetPractice

None really, I worked in a practice before that had Evet & convinced the doc here to change because it was such a nice system

Reasons for Switching to eVetPractice

Intavet was not as easy to use at Evet

Danielle from Prairie View Veterinary Service

I love eVetPractice!

Pros

Super easy set-up/integration for my new at the time mobile/house call vet business. It's functional and easy to use. I track everything in my life through the scheduler - both work and personal, since I like how everything is color coded and easy to see on the calendar.

Cons

I haven't had any issues with the software - no complaints thus far!

Reasons for Choosing eVetPractice

Ease of use, customer service, cost

Megan from Chain of Lakes Animal Clinic

Industry: Veterinary

Love the ease of use a cloud based software

Nice chat feature to help when needed

Pros

User friendly for most things, very easy to change and make corrections

Cons

How many steps to check out clients, have asked for enhancements and never received any follow up. (example phone number defaults to home and I asked for this to default to cellular as this is what over 90% of our clients use and not a house phone)

It's user friendly