What are ezyVet users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using ezyVet software through verified user reviews

• icon"EzyVet is very customizable and user friendly. There are multiple functions and it integrates with a lot of other platforms, including Zoom for Telemedicine."
  • icon"We have really enjoyed the software and feel its just only going to get better."
  • icon"The software is easy to use. New employees are quick to catch on how to use it."
  • icon"Periodically there will be an odd malfunction. The most recent one was due to a software update."
  • icon"There has been a feature request for this since before we changed software and I do not feel that it would be hard to implement."
  • icon"Inability to copy puppy profile. SEARCH ENGINE - the more data one supplies the more data is displayed - it should be the opposite."

Browse all ezyVet Reviews

• Have you used ezyVet and would like to share your experience with others?

Genel

EzyVet is great!

Utilizing ezyVet along with Smartflow has really helped to capture fees and ensure we are not losing income due to medical record keeping errors.

Pros

Being able to customize the software and use it to my needs was very important to us.

Cons

The set-up process takes a lot of time but is worth the effort. If you put in the time and energy your go-live day will be much smoother.

Reasons for choosing ezyVet

I chose ezyVet over other available cloud-based softwares because of how customizable it is and the excellent reporting features.

Reasons for switching to ezyVet

Our previous software was antiquated and each new release caused multiple problems. The patch that fixed those problems caused new problems, so on and so on.

Response from ezyVet

Thank you for the great review, Genel. It's great to hear that you are enjoying the switch to ezyVet and the benefits of a strong partner ecosystem. We have some really exciting new developments in the pipeline, which will bring real value on the coal-front, so watch this space! Sincerely The ezyVet team

Shannon

June 2022

Best choice for our practice

I think ezyVet has been beneficial to our practice. The automated tasks have been especially useful in sending reminders to clients. I also like that they have added the ability to send payment links to clients. The more we can do to make things easier for our clients, the better

Pros

I like that the software is constantly changing and that most things can be customized for our needs.

Cons

ezyVet isn't able to configure some of the ways that I prefer to set up pricing. At times, I've needed to be a bit creative in order to price things how I would like while also keeping accurate inventory.

Reasons for switching to ezyVet

DVMax was an antiquated server based software and we were looking for a cloud based software to use across numerous locations.

Response from ezyVet

Thank you Shannon for your review! We strive to ensure that our software is being updated in ways that are most beneficial to our customers, so we are glad that you're finding our options in customization and remote payments helpful. Our product team is always looking for ways to improve our setup and functionality of pricing, so your feedback is very helpful. Please also feel free to reach out to our support team, who are available 24/7 for any help or tips on making ezyVet work best for you! Kind regards, The ezyVet team

Replied June 2022

Kelly

Should be called HardVet

Install was horrible. You will need a dedicated employee to set up software and write templates. For our busy practice this was a struggle . The on-site installer had the personality of a fern .

Pros

Nothing …. I can say that there is one thing I like about this software . Need to try before you buy

Cons

Too many layers for each patient/client

Laura

My thoughts on EzyVet

We were starting a new practice - from scratch, so we did not have to switch over. There was a lot of programing and it was done by my manager and myself. The first year was tough with lots of hick-ups and the additional hick-ups from being a new practice, with new staff, none of whom had worked with EzyVet before. Now however, 2 years in, the staff has learned the program and they see the value and can use it correctly on most days. We are still learning and my manager and myself and most of the staff, really are happy with our decision to go with EzyVet.

Pros

I love how it prevents the need for duplicate entries in the same record and also how it can be personalized for our practice.

Cons

I am disappointed at how few of the other apps and programs available today integrate with EzyVet and that there are additional costs like per text fees for using the texting feature within the software program.

Reasons for choosing ezyVet

Cloud based program which decreases the risk of ransom attacks. I had things I did not like about all the other programs I had used when working for someone else. Personalization available in the program. Avoiding redundancy and capturing all fees in the invoices. Smartflow -- although we ended up not subscribing to Smartflow yet.

Response from ezyVet

Thanks for your great review, Laura. It's great to hear you love how you can customize your ezyVet site to what works best for your practice, and the security that being in the cloud offers your practice. We really appreciate your feedback with regards to your onboarding experience and feedback around integrations that have additional fees. As a company, we want to ensure we offer a complete ecosystem for you our customers which do mean to access these there are at times additional fees from some providers although we don't see this changing, there are often alternative workflows or solutions that our support team could discuss with you. Thank you for sharing your pros and cons! Sincerely yours, The ezyVet team

Replied May 2021

Benjamin

April 2022

The Caddilac of PMS's

It has been great for our 24 hour practice. I would recommend it to anyone as long as they are comfortable with the price. It has been worth it for us.

Pros

It does everything! You can set this software up to do just about anything you want it to. EzyVet also integrates with all of our main suppliers, which makes managing inventory a piece of cake. We also really like and utilize the wellness plans. The departments also work great if you have multiple locations or divisions with different pricing and DVMs.

Cons

Its expensive. Sometimes updates will come out that break certain features and you have to wait weeks for the next update to come out for it to be fixed (see online booking summer/fall 2020.) Pet Portal needs polishing. Very hard for clients to use/understand.

Reasons for choosing ezyVet

We needed the ability to have multiple, separate departments and EzyVet was the only company offering this at the time.

Reasons for switching to ezyVet

We needed the ability to have multiple, separate departments.

Response from ezyVet

Hi Benjamin, Thank you for taking the time to leave this lovely review. We appreciate the feedback and great to see you are having a positive time with ezyVet. All the best, The ezyVet team

Replied April 2022

April 2022

Powerful veterinary software that can take you to the next level

EzyVet allows us to communicate better with out clients, have the information we need at our fingertips weather on the road or in the clinic and keep seamless data with our accounting software.

Pros

Ezyvet is one of the most powerful PMS I have used and it's constantly evolving to meet the needs of its users. Combined with its ease of navigation powerful reporting and portability (all you need is a internet connection) it would be hard to consider any of the other market options.

Cons

The only downfall with ezyVet can be the shear size of it. Having made the switch to ezyVet 4 or so years ago and having overseen the implantation and maintenance I tend to forget just how much it can do (and dose) and for new users it can be a little overwhelming. That said very consistent formatting means that when learning a new section of the system everything feels familiar and our new users are normally up and running after a couple of shifts.

Functionality and price

Reasons for switching to ezyVet

The original SW was no longer meeting our needs both in terms of functionality and access.

Response from ezyVet

Hi James, Thank you for taking the time to leave this lovely review. We appreciate the feedback and great to see you are having a positive time with ezyVet. All the best, The ezyVet team

Replied May 2022

Erin

March 2022

EzyVet your go to EMR

I really have enjoyed my experience with ezyvet. I highly recommend it to others.

Pros

EzyVet is customizable and constantly improving. The software, unlike many, takes feedback from customers and is continuing to improve. I like also that if you are in the Idexx family that you get poi to for this now. I also think that idexx has the best customer service in the industry and that they will continue to keep the level of EzyVet customer service at that level. I was a customer before the acquisition and after. No changes. Lab integration with Idexx is great.

Cons

This software takes a lot of work to get set up correctly. It takes dedication from the doctors and practice/office manager. It takes hard work from the implementation team. It does cost more than typical softwares but that is because of the amount of work and customization it takes. Do not get this if you won't put the time in. You will get what you give.

Reasons for choosing ezyVet

This seemed like a product that would continue to improve and was customizable. Other softwares out there were not anywhere near this. Possibly EVet was close but could not get them to even call us back for a demo. I had other vets in area that I visited with this. However if they cannot return a sales call. I was leary of customer service.

Reasons for switching to ezyVet

Went from paper light to full electronic cloud based.

Response from ezyVet

Hi Erin, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this lovely review. We are pleased to hear that you have found ezyVet to be very beneficial and are enjoying using it. We are also glad to hear you are happy with the level of customer service you have been receiving. Thanks again, The ezyVet team

Replied March 2022

Sam

December 2021

Worth the switch! HVMS to Ezyvet

The best part about this company is the innovation and their superb customer service. 24/7 friendly support that can quickly answer any needs and get your questions answered without having to sit on hold for forever.

Pros

The calendar, scheduling, internal memos, Dashboard features, clinical layout make each staff members workflow efficient and easy to trace so other staff members can follow up and assure all tasks and patient care is completed

Cons

The records and financial data are sometimes difficult to get. Not as streamlined as I would like

Reasons for choosing ezyVet

Price, ease of use, customer service, promptness and responsiveness, ability to accommodate both our equine & small animal clinic and their unique needs

Reasons for switching to ezyVet

HVMS Couldn't accommodate the needs we had for our small animal clinic in their PIMS.

Response from ezyVet

Thanks for leaving this lovely review Sam! We are very pleased to hear that you are enjoying your experience with ezyVet and that it was worth the switch. Glad to see you and the team are experiencing an increase in your workflow efficiencies. Thanks again! Sincerely yours, The ezyVet team

Replied January 2022

Wendell

Ezyvet: An easy bet.

We are able to solve problems with missed lab results especially from external reference labs. We can also better monitor our stock inventory levels. Accounting is also quite convenient with supplier purchase orders and invoicing.

Pros

As a User, I find that our workflow is much more streamlined with Ezyvet. No more missing out charges with the customizable billing triggers. The IDEXX integration ensures no missed lab results for both in-house and reference labs. I also like how Ezyvet is able to auto-attach other reference lab results via email. As an Administrator, I find the set-up quite customizable to our preferences. I like the way we monitor and keep our stocks and inventory. The integration with our exisiting business went quite smoothly and support is always excellent.

Cons

I think Ezyvet should be able to alert us if an item (medication) is out of stock when we charge them in the system. That way, we can choose/replace with a different item/brand before we finalize bill and print labels. Reduces back job.

Reasons for switching to ezyVet

We like that a cloud-based system such as Ezyvet require no local network (server) maintenance. The subscription fee is quite sensible with the amount of features that we are able to enjoy.

Response from ezyVet

Thanks for your awesome review Wendall! We are very pleased to hear that your workflows have become much more streamlined using ezyVet. Thank you for sharing your pros and cons! Sincerely yours, The ezyVet team

Replied October 2021

Jerusha

ezyVet for Equine Veterinary Medicine

Overall, we love ezyVet. It has made our day to day work flow extremely fast & easy. We can handle increased work loads because the software is versatile, customizable, & intuitive. It is also greatly helpful in managing the financial/collections side of the business.

Pros

Ease of use, ease of data back flow through 3rd party integration, easy of changing between Client/Patient/Financial/etc tabs, ease of reporting, ease of use of the records tab, & more!

Cons

This software is definitely geared toward small animal and in office use. If they want to attract more equine practice clients, they need to make changes (some I've explained previously & in this review).

Reasons for choosing ezyVet

Ease of use, general functions were easier & more intuitive

Reasons for switching to ezyVet

Cornerstone was out of date & again not geared towards a mobile equine practice. It was not customizable & often created frustration in the usage of it for day to day tasks.

Response from ezyVet

Thanks for your awesome review Jerusha! We are very pleased to hear that ezyVet has made your day to day work flow much easier and faster to manage and you can now handle increased workloads. Once again thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Cheers, Team ezyVet

Replied October 2021

Rachel

May 2022

10/10 recommend ezyvet for veterinary clinics!

Pros

The product is easy to use. It has everything you need in one essential portal. Charting, prescriptions, client communications, financial estimates and invoicing, scheduling, and more. It is a one stop shop!

Cons

The only con I could think of would be- finding an easier way to find your clinic to login if you are using a new computer or clean your computer, whatever it may be. I have to often search through another browser and type in exactly the web address and that is a little bit of a pain. Maybe if there was an option at the top to put what company then your username and password.

Response from ezyVet

Hi Rachel, Thank you for taking the time to leave this lovely review. We appreciate the feedback and great to see you are having a positive experience with ezyVet. All the best, The ezyVet team

Replied May 2022

June 2022

Best software for automating your practice!

Having the ability to manage client communication, recordkeeping, referring veterinarian communication, invoicing and practice managment all in an easy to use program has been critical to the function of my practice. Adding staff at some point may be an additional help but using ezyVet gives me the piece of mind and ability to run my business while offering the work/life balance that I need maintain my practice.

Pros

The best part of ezyVet is how customizable it is to support your unique practice concerns. I am a solo practitioner and recently changed to a specialty practice specific to veterinary rehab, chiropractic, pain management and sports medicine. Given that my new pursuits do not require staffing to complete most of my visits, the use of ezyvet has allowed me to automate almost all of my front desk duties as well as administrative tasks such as practice accounting, end of day, marketing and client communication. My practice is also partly mobile, so the ability to be cloud based and take my system anywhere on any device has been critical to my function.

Cons

The onboarding was a little challenging to coordinate due to my specific schedule but most of it was self guided and reasonable to work through. The image annotations are not currently included in a medical history print out which would be a welcome update for my type of practice. The few glitches that I have encountered have been more to do with the specific task not being configured correctly and were quickly found and fixed through a support ticket.

Reasons for switching to ezyVet

Lack of tech support and customizability, as well as concern over data security

Tracy

Great Investment and return

Over all ezyvet has made our communication with our entire team easy. Charting for the doctors is simple and has many benefits, like templates that help with notes etc.. The records track all that goes on in the clinical record to the contact record. For diagnostics it automatically gets linked to the account so charges are decreased for missed ones. For the administrators it is easy to log on to if needed from home and not drive into the clinic for small things.

Pros

One feature we love is how customizable it is for what your needs are. Granted we cannot have them all met but most of them and the important ones were met. Once you learn the system it is user friendly. No one likes change but when the change make a difference in your whole team for communicating, charting, billing charges and more it's worth it. The set up was a task I will say. It took a team of 6 of us to get our current system cleaned up and out (which was good and needed) in order to bring ezyvet on board. The onboarding process went off with some glitches but that was expected as with any new major change you make. We had ezyvet staff here on site to help for the going live date and assist staff with things. That alone was worth it's weight in gold. They were tremendous at helping up kick this off and switch over. The sweat and hard work it took, is worth it. We still continue to learn new things with this system as they are always developing and improving things based off the clients requests and suggestions.

Cons

We have some unique situations with our wellness plans and billing statements plans that we are working on but can be a struggle they are working hard at trying to customize the system that will work for us with the wellness plans. The changes and improvements are great, although there are times, some changes we prefer to have kept as they were. Mostly the changes are for the better. The help tab is great but you need to know what you are looking for otherwise you do not realize just how many things there are that ezyvet can do. The records dashboard is great for reporting but can be confusing some on how to get the reports you want using the set up the have. It's not as simple as we would like but once you figure it out its easy. We wish there was a manual or instructions on how to set up certain reporting you may want but you can save the set up once you figure it out for future use.

Reasons for choosing ezyVet

It was customizable and fit our growing needs. Ezyvet keeps on the cutting edge for new things to help make improvements for the veterinary field and we wanted it for our team and hospital. :)

Reasons for switching to ezyVet

The system could not keep up with our growing hospital and the needs to be better, more communicative. We wanted to work smarter not harder.

Response from ezyVet

Thanks for your awesome review Tracy and for being with us for two years. Being able to customize ezyVet to your needs sounds like it is working for you guys and that's a feature we are really proud of. Thank you for sharing your pros and cons. The ezyVet team.

Replied September 2021

Dave

Long term user of Ezyvet

Pros

We were one of the early adopters of Ezyvet and changed from our previous practice management software because it enabled us to email out statements, and reminders. It does a whole lot more than this and is regularly updated. Being cloud based we don't have hassles with servers and networks, or backups. It has integrations with our wholesalers giving us automatic pricing updates, easy download of invoices and entry of stock recieved. It is integrated with our inhouse and external lab suppliers so lab results are automatically added to the consult file. Ezyvets printer setup allows printing at the clinic from any device anywhere in the world (with internet access) Support is quick, efficient and friendly. It really is great.

Cons

Some of the initial set up took a bit of work to get done, but i think that would happen with any new system.

Reasons for switching to ezyVet

The previous product was clunky, hard to use and didn't allow us to utilize email or SMS for reminders and invoices. The money we saved on not using snail mail virtually paid for the monthly use of Ezyvet.

Response from ezyVet

Thanks for your great review, Dave. It's great to hear that you are really taking full advantage of all areas of ezyVet, key integrations, reminders, inventory, cloud-based printing to name a few. In turn, helping to create more efficient workflows for your clinic. We know that the onboarding process can be a steep learning curve and an area we are always looking at how we can fine-tune and improve. Thanks again for your feedback and for sharing your pros and cons. Sincerely The ezyVet team

Replied May 2021

Marian

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Would switch to ezyVet over and over again!

Love ezyVet. Always have great experiences when working with the support team. Our practice has been able to continue to grow in part due to the continued advancements that ezyVet is constantly making. Not everything integrates with them because they are still newer as a practice management software but that is slowly starting to change.

Pros

How efficient it is. After implementing, we FELT the time save and how much easier it makes your processes.

Cons

How much set up on the front end it was. I understand though because part of what makes this software so great is how much works on the back end. However, in order for it to work well behind the scenes, it takes a lot of set up in the beginning.

Reasons for choosing ezyVet

It could do more and was more advanced.

Reasons for switching to ezyVet

Because we were outgrowing Avimark (server based software). We wanted something that looked newer and functioned more robustly that could keep up with our practice growth.

Response from ezyVet

Thanks for your great review, Marian. It's great to hear that you are enjoying all the functionality, which is helping increase efficiencies and help saving time for the clinic. We do appreciate it can be a big learning curve transitioning onto a new system, but we are glad to hear that hard work has really paid off. Once again thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Cheers, Team ezyVet

Replied March 2021

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Great cloud-based medical records software

Overall experience has been very good. There was some confusion and disruption in the initial transition to ezyVet, but this was almost entirely due to a lack of preparedness on our (hospital) part, and not the fault of the ezyVet team.

Pros

Cloud-based, and (effectively) paperless medical record system, that allows access to all information in hospital, and remotely, but very securely. Very flexible and intuitive program that new employees seem to pick up reasonably quickly. Great integration with complementary software programs and companies, allowing easy transfer of information and excellent fee capture. Responsive customer support.

Cons

Like any software there are always minor features or customization that would be useful in our particular practice, but are not possible as they would disrupt essential features for other clinics. That said, ezyet is far more individually customizable than any other program I am aware of, so this criticism is simply the nature of any program that serves more than one individual hospital. The ezyVet customer support team are very open to feature suggestions and requests, and aim to incorporate them whenever possible. Occasionally bugs appear following rollout of a new software release, though these are rare, almost always minor, and rapidly rectified. These are far outweighed by the constant improvements and automatic updates in the program provided frequently as part of being a customer.

Reasons for switching to ezyVet

The previous program did not provide the records, communication, and fee capture features we needed in our expanding hospital, and did not provide any remote access option at the time. After reviewing around 10 different programs, ezyVet was clearly the most well-suited to our Specialty and Emergency practice.

Response from ezyVet

Thanks for your great review, Michael. We love hearing feedback on how user-friendly the software is for all new staff to learn and that you love our key integrated partners and the level of customer support we provide! We understand that we don't always have the features that each practice needs just yet, however, we love hearing feedback and ideas. This means we can ensure we're building the right features that solve our customer's pain points and that our road map aligns with what matters most to our customers. Once again thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Replied March 2021

Stephanie

EzyVet Software

ezyVet staff is great! Super helpful. Implementation was good. Staff is knowledgeable

Pros

We really like the referrals letter. The way they look, how we are able to customize the letters. We also like the feature of sending records to rDVM's online portal via rVetLink. It is easy to use, once you get familiar with it

Cons

We wish everything had the "chains" to be able to get to the portal. Biggest example would be communications. We send everything to rDVM's and it would save so much time if we could just turn the "chains" green and they would send automatically. Also, there are several different spots to put the same information. Again this relates to communications. If everyone is not on the same page, communications can be put under different tabs and different spots within the same tab. And not all these areas communicate with one another so it can make it difficult to find communications

Reasons for choosing ezyVet

It seemed to be targeted more towards specialty

Reasons for switching to ezyVet

DVMax was purchased by Idexx and Cornerstone is their baby so at the time, they were not investing a lot into the program

Review from a new user.

Overall our experience has been very positive. They were upfront about the work that would be involved in making the transition and were supportive of our team. Our implementation team was great and handled a very unique launch week involving COVID issues and outside stressors to the clinic team. They were patient and flexible with our team during the stressful time. Post launch the Ezyvet Support that I have worked with have been helpful and prompt in the follow up. I rarely have to wait for help on an urgent issue and it's great having 24/7 support for the system. I would recommend this as a great option for others moving to the cloud and just recommend that you prepare for a fair amount of work as you would any software transition.

Pros

We've enjoyed the most the fact that Ezyvet integrates so well into many of our existing systems and allows us to connect with our clients in new ways straight through the system without having to turn to a different software solution. Features such as texting messaging, emails, enhanced client portal with online booking, and the greater degree to which we have control over how communications are sent out to your clients have been welcome features.

Cons

Making the transition from Cornerstone has been difficult for staff because of the new aspect of determining at what level communications should be housed. It's a beneficial feature being able to house a communication at the client verus patient versus clinic record level but has slowed us down in the first 6 months post launch working through those challenges. Some of the information also converts in a less than ideal way from Cornerstone as attachments within Ezyvet.

Reasons for switching to ezyVet

We made the change due to lack of innovation in our current practice management software and client friendly features that never seemed to be a focus. We also made the decision so that we could move away from the need for local servers and issues that went along with that.

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Happy overall with our transition to ezyVet

Making the switch to ezyVet has been a positive one. We went from needing to outsource several specific tasks to being able to manage these all through our PMS which is awesome. Despite in-house training and recorded webinars, I feel it takes 6-9 months to hit your stride and be comfortable with the program (if you are trying to use it to it's fullest capabilities!)

Pros

Cloud-based is becoming more and more essential these days which was the driving force behind us making the change. EzyVet stood out among it's competitors due to our robust the software was in direct comparison. Workflow is certainly different than what we were used to but after the initial adjustment has been a change for the better. Ability to standardize templates and generate billing triggers really helps with overall team efficiency. Support is accessible and ezyVet is always making improvements and seeking feedback which is very much appreciated.

Cons

Being that ezyVet was designed for large scale referral and emergency practices, certain features appeared to be an oversight. Day practice type features: Wellness plans, SOC/reminder systems had quite a few bugs that had to be worked out which resulted in many frustrations early into our conversion but were sorted out over several months time. Certain support issues require escalation to senior support which can add on extended periods before a resolution is reached.

Covetrus Pulse

Features available.

Response from ezyVet

Thanks for your great review, John. It's great to hear the move to ezyVet is working out well for you and the team is making the most of the new workflows. As you said, it can take some time to take in all the extra functionality but our Support team is available 24/7 to answer any questions. Thank you too for your patience around new feature roll-outs. We have a fortnightly publishing cycle for updates and sometimes it can take an additional fortnight to get it right. Thanks again for your feedback. Sincerely The ezyVet team

Replied August 2020

Laura

Perfect Choice For Start-Up Small Animal Practice

We had a lot of kinks to work out in our start-up vet practice, as you might imagine, and although I had some minimal prior experience with Ezyvet and has been working for weeks to set up our practice on it... there were too many problems to count initially and that made me glad we did NOT go with PayJunction Their integrated merchant processor, or we would Have had a lot of invoices we could not have easily gotten paid for at time client and patient were ready to leave! That said.... now. A year later it would be fine. I do love the program now that I am feeling more confident using it, we literally discover new things we can do on it or ways of doing things differently every week. If I had to choose a practice management software again, I would still choose EzyVet.

Pros

- Amount of personalization that could be done - Removal of redundancy for invoicing - no missed charges as items in record go to invoice directly - Cloud based - safe from ransomware - integrations available for test requests and results - online client booking - texting and emailing client from in program - Great tech support at all hours - thorough training during program set up

Cons

- Newness means a lot of other programs don’t integrate with it, yeT (and May net ever) Lots of difficulty getting systems integrated Initially, but once they were, they worked well - Costs per text through program Adds up fast - Training videos went too fast for staff to easily follow during training of new employees - Fact that programs like Smart Flow work with EzyVet, but are not part of it so have separate monthly fees. We are a small practice and can see value in Smart Glow, but due to small practice so ze, it is not worth the additional expense. -

AVImark

Reasons for choosing ezyVet

Once I saw the available personalization and cloud based status I easily made my decision early then questioned every vendor and equipment and software company I was doing business if it worked with Ezyvet and made my decisions to work with them or not based on if they played nice with Ezyvet.

Response from ezyVet

Thanks for your great review, Laura. It's great to hear about your experience with ezyVet, bringing in a new practice and growing as you go. We recognize the importance of integrations bringing technology together and simplifying vets' lives. As such, expect to see more and more new integrations coming on board, along with our fortnightly new feature updates. Thanks again for your feedback it's the voices of customers that most help us guide our product development. Sincerely The ezyVet Team

Jayme

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Great cloud-based veterinary practice management software

Very smooth implementation. We have monthly meetings with them and they even visit our hospital on occasion to make sure they’re addressing all of our pain points. All of their customer service are very friendly and helpful. Aside from the occasional extreme slowness, we’ve been very happy with ezyVet.

Pros

I like that it’s intuitive, 100% cloud-based, has several integrations that we use daily and is constantly updating the functionality and ease of use. The reminder system and now added telemedicine functionality really set it apart. I also like that we can text clients and if they text back it goes directly into the clinical record. Several recommendations that we have suggested, they have implemented. I can also get a human being on the phone 24/7/365, which is unheard of for most EMRs. A+++

Cons

Occasional slowness and the number of communications that can be sent cap out at about 1 per every 15 seconds. For a company of almost 300 people who send thousands of reminders per day, it can cause a significant delay. The inability to trend blood values is also disappointing. Our previous software allowed us to do it, but ezyVet can’t at this time. The reporting functionalist also leaves a lot to be desired, but they are working on improving that as well. You can’t data mine very easily. If a particular word is mentioned in a clinical record, there isn’t an easy way to find all of the records with that word unless you take the time to tag each record.

Reasons for choosing ezyVet

We liked the workflow, customer support and integrations offered by ezyVet the best.

Reasons for switching to ezyVet

The support and updating of our previous software was lackluster at best. It almost seemed like we were an imposition when we asked for enhancements or had problems with it. I believe the human side of their software was getting all of their attention as it is likely more lucrative, so we get it. It was also not cloud based and we were responsible for providing the server and backing up all of our data. exyVet is way better.

Response from ezyVet

Thank your for your review Jayme. It's good to hear that you and the Veterinary Specialty Center team are getting value for the switch to ezyVet. Thank you too for the feedback around improvements we can make. I've shared it with the Product team and will get these features into the mix if they aren't already. Sincerely The ezyVet Team

Dina

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Clear choice for our non-profit animal sanctuary and spay/neuter clinics

The implementation team was stellar in helping us switch from Avimark to ezyVet. The conversion team did an outstanding job with almost no involvement from us. All data was converted accurately. Again, because we are not the 'normal' type of customer for ezyVet, our implementation manager needed to find ways to handle many unique things that we required that would not be a requirement for a regular vet clinic. He was almost always able to come up with a great solution. We were very pleased. The support team is very responsive and very knowledgeable. Their ticketing system works well for our staff to input their question or concern and get the direction they need. Turnaround is good.

Pros

We are a non-profit animal sanctuary and the majority of our medical services are provided to the approximately 1700 animals we have at the sanctuary at any given time. They are a wide variety of species and their services run the gamut of simple shelter medicine (vaccines, spay/neuter, simple meds) to very complex services (surgeries, hydrotherapy, alternative medicine, wildlife rehabilitation, etc.). We needed a solution flexible to handle all of these variations. ezyVet offered full functionality to manage care for all of our types of animals and types of customers, and was able to successfully report by these breakouts. We also rolled out ezyVet to our spay/neuter clinic which serves our animals, non-profits and public customers. The key things we were looking for when we selected ezyVet were: > System stability > System accessible from anywhere (cloud based) > Able to handle unique pricing of services for our animals, employees, non-profits, and public customers; pricing model also varied by type of product/service > Able to report expenses and revenue by categories of our animals, employees, non-profits and public customers > Able to use same software for both types of clinics > Incorporates whiteboard (integrated with SmartFlow) > Seamless integration with our lab, x-ray and ultrasound equipment and vendors > Significant paperless functionality > Management of clinic inventory > All data available via API ezyVet met all of our criteria.

Cons

Since we are a non-profit, the standard reporting in ezyVet does not provide most of what we are looking for. We are pursuing bringing the data into our data warehouse via the API so we can create our own reports. Also, the learning curve was quite steep. ezyVet is not easy to learn for the less tech savvy staff. However, once they learned it, it has been fairly easy to use. We have used the client portal at our spay/neuter clinic. Because of our unique clientele of shelters and rescues having many animals per client, we have experienced problems with using the portal for viewing records but it has worked well for scheduling appointments. We are setting up the client portal for internal use at the sanctuary for scheduling appointments and getting answers to medical questions. We have experienced some limitations in the functionality to set up questions and answers.

Reasons for choosing ezyVet

ezyVet had most all of the features we wanted already. The others would have needed to add some functionality. A few references we contacted, either given to us by ezyVet or from others we network with, gave ezyVet very high praise.

Reasons for switching to ezyVet

Avimark had become very unstable for us and we wanted to move to a cloud-based product. We needed a lot of new functionality and because of the instability of Avimark and not being cloud-based, we decided to pursue another option rather than adding on to Avimark. Our version of Intravet was very out of date and it was very limited in functionality.

Response from ezyVet

Thank you for the awesome review, Dina! We're glad to hear that you and the Best Friends Animal Society team are happy with ezyVet. I'm about to pass on your feedback to our Support and Implementation teams, who will get a real kick from it. We appreciate that the complexity of our software can require some learning time so we have a really exciting new development in the pipeline, which will tackle this learning process. Watch this space! Sincerely The ezyVet team

Industry: Veterinary

There is no comparison - ezyvet all the way!

As we endeavored to use this system thoroughly we had some initial teething issues however together ezyvet and ourselves worked together to work through them. The experience now is that we have a great system that fulfills our needs and then some, more industry partners are integrating with ezyvet and it will be better when more join. The team are experienced with the system and forever gaining knowledge and confidence.

Pros

Many things to be honest... off the top of mt head (it was several years ago)... I completed extensive research at the time as this is what I do and not forgetting it is a big investment especially in time and infrastructure in any business so here are my reasons ezyvet won hands down. Cloud based (reduces updates for terminals), Amazons AWS multi-billion dollar security infrastructure (eliminates ransomware), Complete freedom regarding integration e.g. own website etc., Geared toward development with 40 odd developers employed (Circa 2016) (only going to get better), Clients have the ability to request features to include/'improve' the software and last however certainly not least - the Support is the best I have experienced. (I wouldn't have made it through without you guys!!)

Cons

It's not that I dislike this element as it's actually a positive. Ezyvet has a huge amount of functionality if you wish to use it... however this does mean it takes some time to learn all the idiosyncrasies what this system can do for you. If you are prepared for this, do your pre-implementation homework, implement well and allow time for your team to absorb the inevitable 'change' you will fare better than most.

See above

See above

Response from ezyVet

Thank you for the great review, Michael. It's great to hear you are enjoying the switch to ezyVet. You are right about the growth side! We have twice as many developers today and the pile of new features & updates in our pipeline is endless. These will bring real value to teams like yours on the coal-front so watch this space! Thanks again The ezyVet team

Kristen

Industry: Veterinary

Quick to learn, Highly customizable, Quality Customer service....Ezy Choice :)

Ezyvet has been absolutely amazing. From the very start Ezyvet provided everything we needed, everything we wanted to add, and has the potential to expand as we expand our services. The customer service All Stars are a joy to work with and very quickly address any questions I have.

Pros

There are so many features that I love about EzyVet. The seamless integration with Idexx has eliminated missed lab charges and results and the new integration with ReviewTree has been wonderful for collecting reviews for our clients. The capability to customize almost every aspect of the software allows me to produce templates for our doctors to be more efficient with their clinical records. our receptionists to provide catered documents for each client, and our techs to have charts that fit their needs and wants as well. Ezyvet is very easy to understand and learn and I have watched new employees become comfortable with its use in just a few days. On the administrative side every report and count I could want is available and my inventory is easily tracked.

Cons

Inital set up can be time consuming because you need to take the time to decide how you want to create your templates, documents, clinical records etc. The fact that everything is so customized is a blessing after everything is set-up but when you first start out its hard to know what you really want until you get to know the software and how you want to use it in your practice.

Reasons for choosing ezyVet

Ezyvet was by far the most comprehensive platform and the navigation of the program made sense. As I was exploring the software I could think "if I was making this software I would want to find vaccines here" and that is exactly where they would be. They customer service all stars were amazing and I felt like my practice was in good hands as they discussed implementation.

ImproMed

Reasons for switching to ezyVet

DVM Manager was no longer supported and needed to be changed over to their new Impromed software. Impromed was still server based and was not up to my expectations for customer service, ease of use, compatibility with other programs, etc.

Response from ezyVet

Thank you so much Kristen for such an incredible review! I have just shared it with the whole ezyVet team across three continents, and it's made a lot of people's day. Keep your ears open as we'll soon be rolling out some really exciting features that will further transform the way you run your business. Sincerely The ezyVet Team

Replied June 2020

Jos

Industry: Veterinary

Review of Ezyvet software used by a sole special interest practitioner

I have realized that the communication templates are very helpful as are the procedures templates. I think I probably need some more one on one Webinars to fully use the available tools it offers.

Pros

It is easy to use and logical. I am not very tech savy and I manage or can get help from the Ezyvet Team. I like the ability to develop clinical templates and charging templates for procedures to save time writing up notes. I have worked with other veterinary software for years and this flows the best. It is easy to attach other records and photos to the clinical notes. It is easy to create Email templates to communicate with clients or referring vets. There is a help menu which I have used to some degree and as my ability improves this is more useful. initially I really had to rely on help from the Ezyvet Team.

Cons

When I started my business 4 years ago I went straight on to Ezyvet so did not need to integrate. I did struggle initially to set things up but I think that was more my problem learning a new system - change is always difficult. I did initially and at other times feel a bit overwhelmed but the more I create templates for different work aspects the more I start to feel there is a logical pattern to it. Sometimes it can take a while to be able to book in a webinar with the Ezyvet Team , where I am a person that will be more spontaneous about wanting to work on a process in the software if I have time.

Reasons for choosing ezyVet

I had dealt with Vision and RxWorks in previous jobs as an employee but felt that they were not easy to communicate with the client, nor to set up templates and quite clunky to use- especially Rx Works

Reasons for switching to ezyVet

I was using these while working for other companies and then I set up my own business and was advised by a couple of other Vets that Ezyvet was good.

Response from ezyVet

Thanks for taking the time to write this rich and insightful review, Jos. It's always great to get this kind of feedback from our customers. We are happy to hear that you are finding your feet with ezyVet's templates. Thanks again and stay safe The ezyVet Team

Replied June 2020