• Pros

• "It is very user friendly...easy to navigate, looks professional."

• "The software is very easy to use and understans. Customer service is FANTASTIC!"

• "I like the ease of use for this product and the awesome app for our clients to use. The team of representatives for this company are stellar"

• Cons

• "Sometimes it gets a little slow. But honestly we cant tell if that's our wifi or not. Other than that we can't complain about anything else!"

• "It's a little pricey, but well worth the investment to be able to communicate with clients in real-time. "

• "There are a couple of little things that could use a teeny bit of tweaking. We try to send suggestions in when we have them. But overall - we love it!"

Browse PetDesk Reviews

Kerrie from Community Care Veterinary Clinic

Industry: Veterinary

Less phone time and fun app

It's been great. I feel like I can concentrate more on my job and it helps our receptionist and manager be able to communicate to our clients in a efficient manner.

Pros

This software has saved me so much time. With Reminders and reaching out to our clients it has saved us a ton of time. When I was doing reminders with snail mail it took me over 5 hours. Now with texting, emailing, and sending cards for us that is more time for me to do more necessary duties at the clinic. We are also able to double check phone numbers, emails, and contact information that petdesk alerts us before our clients come here. Our clients love the app to request RX refills and make appointments without even calling us on the phone. We can also send mass messages about Holiday closers and promotions we have coming up. We feel more connected to our clients now with Petdesk and that is important to us in the Veterinary Business.

Cons

understanding more about the stats and graphs with the program. I seem to ask everytime because I have to redefine the meaning of them.

Candice from Turkey Creek Animal Hospital

Industry: Veterinary

Convenient communication with our clients

So far we love PetDesk. There are some kinks to work out but customer service has been fantastic and prompt at fixing our issues. We now try to screen shot the issue and send it directly to the agent in the chat box message on the webpage.

Pros

It's very easy to use, navigation is not difficult even for those who aren't as computer savvy. The two way text is very convenient as most people prefer text these days anyway. I also love that there is a Pet Portal for the clients so they can keep track of their pet's vaccinations, appointments, medications, etc.

Cons

The two way text feature has some issues. You have to refresh often to see new communications and there have been times the conversations seem to overlap if you are speaking with more than one. It's hard to explain so refreshing has to be done all the time so you aren't responding to the wrong person. The phone number integration needs some work also. As PetDesk can be utilized by several hospitals and clients, we see many that already have an account but don't realize it and then create a secondary account. This makes for a challenge when we are searching by client name and they aren't appearing. We then search by phone number and have to reach out that way. The phone number is usually the same, linked to our client in our database but doesn't show up in the PetDesk system. I know you've implemented "valid number" next to client phone numbers but it's still confusing and takes more time to send clients messages. It would also be nice to change the "range" time for appointments to perhaps 3 time slots they prefer. Adding an additional pop up or alert that this is a REQUEST and not an actual appointment would be helpful as well. I know you have that in place but clients don't read everything so maybe something in their face, bright, BOLD, BIG, will clarify that they are requesting an appointment and that it is NOT confirmed. We've had many clients get confused with that and I'm sure it has everything to do with them not reading through everything.

Reasons for Switching to PetDesk

Better features with PetDesk. We did not have a very communicative relationship with our rep at the time and their software was not appealing or easy to navigate.

Mick from Education

Love this app, but needs a little work

Pros

I love this application for communicating with my veterinarian and keeping track of my dogs medications, appointments, and vaccination statuses.

Cons

The application isn't very user friendly and needs a bit of cleaning up. It doesn't track the fact that I have scheduled time for my dog to be boarded at the vet. It also isn't the best tool for communicating directly with my vet with questions or trying to figure out the best appointment time on a particular day.

Kristen from Orchard Grove Animal Hospital

Industry: Veterinary

PetDesk has been a great addition to our hospital

Overall we are happy with PetDesk we are still learning the potential this service can do and plan on growing with the company over the years to come.

Pros

Our clients love that they are able to text us and request services via the app. We were using VetStreet portal and didn't have many active clients. We are able to use this every day and noticed that more clients are responding via text than picking up the phone. It has definitely helped our hospital greatly. I'm also not sending post cards out monthly and it has saved me a lot of time not stamping over 300 cards a month. We have noticed since reminders go out every 2 weeks now the call volume has leveled where as it would peak as soon as the post cards all went out at one time. Most of our clients are confirming through the app or text notification so it has decreased our outbound calls.

Cons

There are a few things we hope improve over time with PetDesk. We don't like how long it takes for confirmations take to update in Avimark it can take more than an hour. You definitely need double monitors to use PetDesk easily otherwise you would minimize a lot of the time to go back and forth between the two screens which is time consuming. We also don't like how it doesn't tell our surgery appointments to fast via text when we set it up to do that. I would like the app to block clients from requesting sick appointments, we have it listed in the note section not to use the app for sick appointments but clients still do it. When it comes to appointments we have the option to send alternate times I would like to see that be one option and not two, we don't always have that availability. I wish they had an app for Admin/Manager to use it would make things a lot easier for me to check-in while at home or over the weekend.

Reasons for Choosing PetDesk

I did look into using Rapport that integrates with Avimark. I didn't like how they tried to push for us to allow clients to schedule online, PetDesk has this but doesn't push it. I liked PetDesk's interface as it was bright, easy to see, and user friendly. Rapport was not appealing to the eye when it comes to design. Even though PetDesk is still on the higher end of affordability for a small animal hospital it was cheaper than Rapport.

Reasons for Switching to PetDesk

Vetstreet was not helping our clients stay in contact with us. The online portal was not cell phone friendly so a lot of our clients did not log in. We needed something that was user friendly so our clients would be more willing to log in.

Mary from Animal Doctors of North Texas

PetDesk ROCKS!

I think I already covered this above

Pros

PetDesk has been a GAME CHANGER for our clinic!! We started a little slow as we learned how to use it. Now we text back and forth with our clients all day - it is so convenient. And it helps keep our phone lines free. I created patient information forms in JotForm. We text the link to the forms to our clients. The form is easy to fill out on their phone, they submit and it comes to our email. We are able to get the info we need and get the charts ready BEFORE appointments. We also text information about curbside service and what to expect at their appointment. The webpage is gorgeous! it is so much better than the one we used to have! And if we need something changed - it just takes one email and it is done. Customer service is fantastic!! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are always there for us. They are knowledgeable, friendly and quick to respond. I can not say enough good things about them!! Best customer service EVER!! Thank you PETDESK! Mary

Reasons for Switching to PetDesk

We were getting poor service. Especially customer service. And our reminders were a problem. We tried to work with them, but got nothing but frustration. PetDesk blew them out of the water in the first week.

Char from Downey Veterinary Hosp.

Industry: Veterinary

Love it! But needs some upgrades.

Overall, everything has been great! Customer service is exceptional as well as Tech Support!

Pros

When we initially purchased this, we need a company that was ahead of what others were doing. It was easy to transition to and get our clients to use.

Cons

We need the ability to accept payment through the app (other than CareCredit's link to their site). Televet offers this option. We also like the ability to send electronic forms. We'd like to be able to have separate logins or the ability to track who is texting with the client.

Reasons for Choosing PetDesk

We considered VitusVet about a year ago. We stayed with PetDesk because it's geared equally between client and clinic use.

Reasons for Switching to PetDesk

Cost and product offerings.

Matei from Milwaukee Vet Clinic

Excellent commincations tool

Excellent!

Pros

Easy for our clients to request appointments and maintain their pet's health records. Easy for us to communicate. We added text messaging which has helped.

Cons

There are some issues when suggesting alternate times to clients. In some cases clients don't realize this is not their original appt request for the original date/time. It would also be nice to get better history and tracking of the conversations we had with clients to be able to go back and know who said what and when and what happened. Some of this is there, but it could use more reference data - time and date stamps.

Cost and features

Reasons for Switching to PetDesk

We wanted to drive more Google reviews of us which has been very successful.

Francis from Easthaven/Dandy Acres Animal Hospitals

Industry: Veterinary

Objective thoughts on how PetDesk helped us

Overall highly recommend. Have used for 18 months at two veterinary hospitals. It has some features like Compliance Report, or other reporting, that I do not utilize very much. I primarily utilize for appointment request functionality, loyalty program, app for clients, and text communication - these work very well even if they are slightly imperfect with no bi-directional integration with our practice management software. It's simple to use for Pet Owners and team members. It was pretty low effort to get off the ground and very little effort to maintain after team trained in its use. 2-way texting feels like a huge win even if it is hard to measure ROI. Customer support has always been quick and helpful (shoutout to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]). With appointment requests available outside of working hours, and 2-way texting helping avoid missed appointments and adding clarity elsewhere, I feel it has paid for itself while adding clarity to communication for clients and the team. Still judging the effects of the loyalty program fiscally, I had to rebuild the default system that was in place, it was too generous.

Pros

The texting functionality is great and easy to use. We reach clients by text that we can't reach by phone (or they just don't answer or check voicemails). Communication is ESSENTIAL in our line of work. Appointment requests are also quite straightforward to setup and manage once setup. Customer support has been top notch. Automatic appointment confirmation is a big time saver.

Cons

Lack of integration with our practice software evetpractice - the appointment request system has no ability to sync with our appointment calendar. Communication with clients by text doesn't auto-import into medical records. This means many small steps need to be done twice by team members (or appointment auto-confirmations need to be quickly entered in the practice software, although it does save a lot of time even so). Even with these cons, it is still worth using and broadly helpful.

Reasons for Choosing PetDesk

I spoke with two other hospital owners who utilized PetDesk, reviewed feedback about them from a owners & managers group on social media, and demo'd its use as a pretend customer.

Samantha from Carleton Place Veterinary Hospital

Time saver

Pros

This software has allowed staff more time to focus on other aspects of the clinic. Scheduling appointments and confirming appointments is very time consuming. We used to send out hundreds of post card reminders which had to be manually sorted and was very time consuming.

Cons

We would like to only have one option when offering alternative appointments. Our appointments get booked very quickly and clients may take a few hours to respond and the offered appointments may have already been taken which then causes more issues. What we have been doing is offering the same appointment twice and booking the client in the schedule for that time.

Paul from Boston Veterinary Clinic

Pet Desk is a mission-critical technology for Boston Veterinary Clinic

Pros

PetDesk has been our reminder/reviews/ appointment scheduler/loyalty point provider for over 5 years since we met the team at a VMX conference. We consider the app a mission-critical technology, because it allows us to bring information to our clients. Every feature is important to us. Our clients love the app.

Cons

The only issue we would love to see is a "branded" app offering, where we could use more of our brand strategy in the app appearance.

APP!!

Reasons for Switching to PetDesk

1. It was an app useable on smart phones and tablets. We believed that was a very useful tool for our clients. 2. Reviews - the ability to thank our clients, ask for reviews, offer the ability to make a Google review, and the use of the 1-10 scale NPI scoring was exactly what we wanted. 3. Loyalty - fantastic addition to our service offering

Julie K from Highland Animal Clinic

Navigating Covid-19 with the help of PetDesk

Despite their current limitations I think that PetDesk has been an incredibly valuable tool and came along just in time to help our small staff manage the dramatic changes we all faced with the constraints imposed by the Covid virus. I also really appreciate their allowing us to opt out of all marketing preserving our direct client patient relationship without the optics of having sold our client list for economic advantage. Their support staff has not only been prompt in resolving problems, they were incredibly tolerant of frantic "I can't make this work right" emails or chats. They have all been very kind and understand that we know about your pet but we probably don't know about your desk!

Pros

We initiated PetDesk in February and in March we were deploying our first mass message to reach out to our clients with our Covid-19 protocol announcement. The timing for taking on this platform could not have been better. With phone ordering, check in and check out the functionality of communicating through PetDesk messaging allowed our small staff to keep up with the exhilarating phone load.

Cons

The mass messaging platform still needs some development. Message composition is very primitive in its capabilities. To not be able to place pictures and be able to preview the whole message as it will be seen when it is published makes it very difficult to produce a professional product. I do wish that the texting message characters was extended so you don't have to spend time massaging messages into a small space or have them fragmented in multiple sends.

Reasons for Choosing PetDesk

Simplicity of use for both our staff and our clients. Our ability to opt out of certain features so we could manage the platform rather than having to take it as is with no options. We were really attracted to the ability to text through the platform as our office phone number keeping communications with our clients as familiar as possible with the expanded ability of texting, sending pictures and documents.

Reasons for Switching to PetDesk

We sort of switched. Prior to PetDesk we were using our internal capabilities to send pet service reminders to our clients. We did not have an app type platform for expanded outreach although we had been looking at options when we settled on PetDesk.

Thomas from Lake Avenue Veterinary Clinic

Industry: Veterinary

Excellent veterinary support software.

Positive experience overall. The appointment reminder texts/emails have been outstanding. The reduction in no calls/no shows is super helpful, as well as the appointment confirmation reminders generating cancellations that are not last minute. This allows the clinic to make much better use of it's already stretched resources. I do like the provision of a company website, and I would like to do more customization with it in the near future.

Pros

The biggest selling point of PetDesk for my clinic was the automated due date and appointment reminders. We didn't have a large amount of no calls/no shows prior to PetDesk implementation, but now that we use PetDesk that number is the smallest is has ever been. Our no calls/no shows are in the single digits each week. No longer having to print out and stamp/mail hundreds of reminder postcards every month is another thing I will definitely not miss.

Cons

I wish there was a way to filter out or prevent certain kinds of appointment requests. For example, I manage a single doctor practice and this DVM has a MASSIVE clientele. He is booked out 1-2 weeks constantly. We ceased to take new clients a couple years ago in hopes that he could get his work load under control (still a work in progress). I get a large number of requests from new clients, and I have to turn them all away. I am not sure how such a feature would even be possible, but it would be nice if there was a way to only allow those with an existing record match to request appointments. The other gripe is similar to the first. I wish there was a way to prevent clients from requesting surgical appointments without first having a related exam/UTD vacs. It's a hassle to have to contact someone who has not had their pet in for an exam in 3 years and explain to them why we cannot simply schedule a dental, and then have to listen to the counterargument that if an exam is necessary, they should not have been able to request the surgery appointment as they did. Last complaint, and it is small. I wish the character limit outside of "direct messaging" was not so small. Having to find ways to summarize why I am suggesting alternative appointments to what the client requested in such a small number of characters is a hassle.

Lisa from Liberty Vet Clinic

Industry: Veterinary

Time saver & great compliance addition

Overall, PetDesk has saved staff time when having to schedule appointments and deal with the reminder system. We believe PetDesk has also been a great tool for client retention, gaining new clients, and client compliance. We've also noticed that our amount of no show appointments has almost diminished thanks to PetDesk. We vetted several other services before making our choice and PetDesk was the best for our practice. It is also nice that it includes statistics and clients can leave reviews that we see on PetDesk and can address any issues that may arise in the reviews.

Pros

I love that we no longer have to spend loads of time sorting through 1st, 2nd and 3rd reminders. We have been able to customize our appointment reminders to clients. We are able to alter our appointment time slots. Being able to send out mass e-mails about upcoming promotions or closings is also a great addition. We preferred a service that did not make alterations or use our scheduler so that we would limit any simultaneous scheduling errors and still have control of our daily appointment and block offs since they change. Our clients love that they can e-mail questions and request medication refills through the app. We spend less time on the phone scheduling appointments which frees up the tech staff since they are responsible for phones.

Cons

I wish that we had a calendar on our app end that would allow us to have black out dates for upcoming holidays or closings. Instead, we have to go in and block out a day ahead of time and then remember to open the availability again once we are back to work. We wish that new clients had to enter more information when requesting an appointment. The information is very incomplete and we always have to play phone tag to get complete information as well as a better understanding of their situation. As well, it would be nice if when a client chooses to schedule a surgery they are only allowed to choose from the days we do surgeries.

Tracy from Cat Clinic

Industry: Veterinary

Can't imagine doing what we do without the help of Pet Desk!

Increased compliance from our clients due to the fact there are more ways they can contact us now. We also get the benefit of cutting back on some of our incoming calls now and can answer client requests (via the Pet Desk Dashboard) at a time that doesn't take away from our face-to-face interactions with customers in the clinic.

Pros

Our clients love that they can make appointments, refill meds and be reminded of appointments through their Pet Desk app. People lead busy lives and don't often have time to call our clinic during the day so using the Pet Desk app has been great for our customers. Our compliance with health service reminders has improved since now it is even easier to schedule visits with us. We also love that the clinic saves money on postage and reminder postcards because Pet Desk is able to send emails to the clients who prefer them, and send postcards to the rest. Most of our clients prefer email so there has been a great cost savings there. We now have an easy way to send messages to our clients as well as send mass emails to them when necessary. In addition to all of the great features Pet Desk has to offer we are also very happy with the customer service we receive from the Pet Desk team whenever we have questions.

Cons

So far we haven't found anything we don't like about the software. If we could change anything we would like to personalize the photos that our clients see when they land on a Pet Desk page from our website. For instance, when our clients (who are not app users) click to schedule an appointment from our website, we don't love the page they land on. We are a feline only practice and, although we love dogs too, would like to be able to choose a cat-only photo for this page.

Aimee from Indian Creek Veterinary Hospital

Industry: Veterinary

The app is great, but their sevice team is hands down the very best!

We did a fair amount of comparison between different companies and options for reminders, client communication, etc. Many companies and apps were about "rewards programs", which we aren't a fan of; we don't sell groceries, we practice medicine! At the time, we were using a different company and our clients weren't a big fan of using the portal. Since switching over to Pet Desk, we process (electronic and mail) reminders as well as communicate with clients, costing less money with far better response. So far, our clients and staff love the Pet Desk app. It has opened up new methods of communication with our clients, including adding a personal touch by sending pictures of their pets via text while visiting us...without our staff losing privacy or sharing their number. We can send group e-mails/messages to notify clients of upcoming events, closings, education, reminders for PE/vaccines, etc. We can handle scheduling, Rx refills, answer questions and resolve a lot of communication without having to use multiple resources. With today's busy schedules, I find that our clients like the "text" option over calling. As a client/pet owner, I love having the app (even though I have regular access to my pet's records) to add reminders, show pictures of my pets to friends/family, have access to my pet's records for immediate release of info, etc. I can edit/add information/details (diet, license/microchip #), add additional "providers" (local emergency services, specialist referrals, boarding, grooming, training, day care, pet stores, etc.) without other companies accessing the client/patient information or privacy. Any editing done is non-medical information and does not transfer to our software; Pet Desk only sends updated information to the client's account, the practice never receiving data. The app even allows me to look at my pet's medication history, dates filled, quantity and instructions for administering. Another "perk" is that we have ASPCA pet insurance as a "provider" in our app, encouraging and allowing our clients to look into pet insurance without pressure. In addition to the app being a great tool for our practice, the service provided by the Pet Desk team has been phenomenal. Any questions that we've had were answered quickly and their support always positive and personable!

Pros

So far, our clients & staff love the Pet Desk app. It has opened up new methods of communication w/our clients, including adding a personal touch by sending pictures of their pets via text while visiting us w/out our staff losing privacy or sharing their number. We can send group e-mails/messages to notify clients of upcoming events, closings, education, reminders for PE/vaccines, etc. We can handle scheduling, Rx refills, answer questions & resolve a lot of communication w/out having to use multiple resources. W/today's busy schedules, I find that our clients like the "text" option over calling. As a client/pet owner, I love having the app to add reminders, show pictures of my pets to friends/family, have access to my pet's records for immediate release of info, etc. I can edit/add information/details (diet, license/microchip #), add additional "providers" (local emergency services, specialist referrals, boarding, grooming, training, day care, pet stores, etc.) w/out other companies accessing the client/patient information or privacy. Any editing done is non-medical information & does not transfer to our software; Pet Desk only sends updated information to the client's account, the practice never receiving data. The app even allows me to look at my pet's medication history, dates filled, quantity & instructions for administering. Another "perk" is offering ASPCA pet insurance w/out the clients feeling pressured.

Cons

I wish it would truly integrate w/our software and lab. Otherwise it's a great addition and better than other options we've looked into.

Madyson from Striegel Animal Hospital

Industry: Veterinary

Great resource but some bugs

Overall we benefit greatly from utilizing PetDesk at our practice and our clients seem to really enjoy this integrated technology. I would like to see an expansion of communication tools, i.e. increase of character limit via text and appointment scheduling communication, and possibly more "alternate time" options beyond the mere 2 that is currently available, in addition to suggestions previously stated.

Pros

Having a app that clients can use to communicate, and request prescriptions and appointments has been amazing. Clients seem to enjoy the ease of being able to make these requests electronically, and client confirmations takes a load off of our front-desk staff. Contact via text has been an extremely helpful tool for when phone calls and voicemails are not getting through.

Cons

There have been some issues with syncing between our software scheduler and the PetDesk scheduler. Some confusion also takes place when pets have multiple owners. I think secondary owners would like to be able to access their pets information without having to use the primary owners login information. This breakdown is also initiated if "primary" owner information is altered between more than one person in our records. It would be helpful on our clinic end, if new clients were prompted to input more basic information about their pet(s)- we often are only aware of the name and species and nothing else about the animal.

Linda from Cat's Corner Veterinary Hospital

Great Vet Reminder Program

Very good, they were able to help retrieve a lot of lost clients due to a data error with our last reminder system.

Pros

I like that PetDesk integrates with our practice management software easily and accurately. Makes appointment confirmations more efficient.

Cons

When a client reschedules their appointment, and we move the appointment to a different day in our software, PetDesk doesn't catch this information and will send the original appointment time to the client when confirming. The only way to avoid this from happening is to go into PetDesk as well, and reschedule/recreate the appointment at the new time in PetDesk for the client to receive accurate appointment reminders.

Reasons for Choosing PetDesk

They have the most customization than the others in regards to their reminder types, app, and mass email messaging. They also send post card reminders to clients that opt in for mailed reminder cards as well.

Jaime from Mt. Scott Animal Clinic

Best Program!

Communication is key and with PetDesk we are able to communicate with our clients quickly and there is no "phone tag". This has saved our client relations team hours of phone time and they are able to give our clients that are in clinic more attention.

Pros

We had tried many different marketing programs to help ease the work load of our client service team as well as help drive appointments. PetDesk has been the best program to help us with it all. They helped us build a beautiful updated website and are able to make updates/changes quickly when we need them. The program helps with appointment confirmations, upcoming/past due reminders, mass emails, and text communications. My favorite part would be the personalized app. With today's technology, the new generations need an app for everything and the PetDesk app does it all. Clients can even request new appointments, cancel appointments and request medication refills directly through the app. They even enjoy the loyalty program. Our client relations team raves about how much time they have saved with the new form of communicating with our clients and how easy the dashboard is to use.

Cons

There are times when responding to clients through the dashboard we are limited on the amount of characters we can use. We always want to give the best customer service and with limited characters we have to cut it short.

Andrea from Lien Animal Clinic

Industry: Veterinary

We love PetDesk at our practice!

Pros

Our CSR team gets a "break" from answering the phones while our clients schedule online! We love having such an easy option for our ever growing millennial pet owners!

Cons

We would love to see more functionality for appt. scheduling. It would be great to be able to set up different appts. with different guidelines. For example, our wellness exams book out between 4-6 wks. and we would like to be able to restrict clients from requesting them prior to with a nice note that explains why. We would also love to be able to have appts. on our schedule that are tagged in a way that doesn't allow a follow up survey. This would apply to boarders who are in clinic. It's unfortunate that these clients get a follow up survey when their pets are still in our care. As you can imagine, they get quite alarmed by this. Another great option would be extending the client reply box. Our team often finds themselves replying to clients in a separate email to discuss upcoming services that are due etc. vs just simply replying through PetDesk.

Teri from Hope Animal Medical Center

Industry: Veterinary

Great way to help clients communicate with you

With a lot of our clientele needing and wanting the ability to request appointments and other information at their convenience, PetDesk helps us provide that service. Clients can access their pet's information at their convenience and ask for whatever they need from us when they are thinking of it even if we aren't open

Pros

I like the ease of use and the ability for our clients to request things they are needing when they think of it, whether we are open or not

services available

Jill from Ballston Spa Veterinary Clinic

Best Reminder System

The connection with the clients in the app is great. They can request medication refills, view results and request an appointment that frees us up on the phone and saves time.

Pros

It has an app that connects the client to the vet hospital. The reminder system and confirmations are great.

Cons

Pet Desk is always working on improving and finding the most up to date helpful program. Not much to dislike.

The app capabilities

The app

Leel from Bow Wow Beauty Shoppe

A very effective app for business owners & clients alike!

Having my clients reminded of their appointments and giving them the flexibility to schedule an appointment 24/7 is VERY useful! Being able to see their reviews, comments, and messaging them individually or collectively is a great tool to have as well!

Pros

Very easy to use for a busy business owner and client. The customization for clients is great! Having an app readily available to reach clients through their smart phone is AMAZING! I love it that it links to my existing POS software to download appointments. Having the flexibility to change appointment times/hours instantly is very useful as well!

Cons

I would like messages to clients to be sent exactly when I would like them sent . I also would love it if there was an option for our BEST clients to be sent directly to Yelp or Google+ for reviews because they have review fatigue with this app and then do not review elsewhere.

Cami from Ceglinski Animal Clinic

Our clients love it!

It has been very beneficial to our clinic. I feel like it helped bring us into the modern age.

Pros

It decreases our workload by sending out our reminders and clients love that they can track their pets records on their phones, Receive text reminders, and request appointments. This also decreases our number of incoming calls which is fantastic because they are always ringing off the hook!

Cons

We have two clinics that run off of the same software but petdesk doesn’t differentiate the clinics. All of our reminders go out under our base clinics name and phone number which confuses clients and cAuses scheduling errors on occasion.

Reasons for Choosing PetDesk

Another tech and I met the petdesk team at a veterinary conference and they were so helpful and easy to work with that we insisted that our owners/veterinarians look into it when we got back. We had petdesk up and running in our clinic within just a couple of months.

Linda from Prospect Veterinary Hospital

Love Pet Desk - Can't remember working without it

Pros

Ease of use. Cuts down on phone time for front office staff. Easy, quick, and efficient contact with clients, who love the service and its convenience. Really like the reports provided from reviews to graph charts.

Cons

Nothing. It is all it says it is and more.

Recommendation from collegue

Michael from Family Pet Health

An easy bill to pay each month

Utilization of the PetDesk app has helped us to thrive during the last year of increased call volume to our hospital due to COVID-19 curbside service. I can confidently say that having PetDesk is worth 1-1.5 full time customer service representatives answering the phones, scheduling appointments, and conducting follow-up calls with clients. The rewards program is very well received by our clients and it helps to set us apart from other veterinary hospitals in our area.

Pros

The ability of clients to request and confirm appointments 24/7 is so valuable and greatly increases our efficiency.

Cons

I would love to see a hospital app that would allow us to send pictures and texts to clients from a cell phone app rather than having to login to the desktop site.

Reasons for Choosing PetDesk

Customer service with PetDesk is superior to all other platforms I researched.

Brandy from Bluffton Animal Clinic, LLC

Love this app

My experience with them has been great. Like stated earlier I was here shortly after this product hit the market and have seen them progress, develop and be innovative with future needs.

Pros

I love the ease of use. We have been with this company for a very long time and have seen them progress through the years. I love the dashboard it is simple and easy to maneuver. The customer service is great!. We are currently working on getting the app for another clinic we are not associated with.

Cons

The price. I see the price has taken a significant increase. I do know from shopping around that the price is average for what you are looking for. I can say though that at this price I personally feel this is one of the best apps I have had a chance to work with.

Prizcilla from Animal Medical Center of Corona

Petdesk review

Overall Good, some updates are needed.

Pros

The Point system for clients, and also it collects New client info in advance for us.

Cons

The texting is a big issue, not being able to have easier access to the texting seems to be a delay

Reasons for Switching to PetDesk

We wanted to use pet desk for appointment scheduling, the reward system and now texting to keep everything on 1.

Noam from Alison Animal Hospital

Increased Efficiency, Better Communication

The customer service is above par and the service has proven beneficial to the office in terms of efficiency, client communication and increased client compliance.

Pros

The ability to send reminders to clients, thereby reducing the front desk work and ensuring accuracy and decreased missed or lapsed reminders. The mass message feature is a life-saver, especially during the pandemic.

Cons

On occasion when changes are made within 24 hours the system doesn't get to update before a confirmation is sent, some clients receive confirmations for the wrong date/time. Infrequent enough to not be a major issue or deterrent from using the software. Pros outweigh the cons!

Amy from Wolcott Veterinary Clinic

Industry: Veterinary

Kayla Thompson is always very helpful when I call with questions!

Pros

The ease of confirming appointments and the reviews are so easily excessible. The ease of corresponding with clients and the PetDesk app is something the client's really enjoy.

Cons

I do not like the format for medication requests and refills. Although I have been told that it has been updated and that clients need to update their app to see that it is a better system, I am not seeing it. I don't like how it comes in as a appointment request and that there is not a field for quantity. For example we have several clients that request their pet's monthly heartworm and flea & tick preventive medication but always fail to mention how many they want. This is a medication that usually varies as to the quantity due to what client's can spend at that time. So we still need to contact them before we can complete the request.

Demy from Eureka Animal Hospital LLC

Useful & Efficient

We appreciate the ease of PetDesk and our clients appreciate the ability to be in control of their pet's information (scheduling, vaccine reminders, medication refills).

Pros

Ease of use, my staff is able to handle emergency calls while simple visits and medication refills can be scheduled online. Also, it has freed-up the staff from having to call 25+ appointments per day and sending emails by confirming via text message and email!

Cons

Clients often try to schedule appointments when the schedules are already full to capacity or during lunch time. But it is easily remedied with a message through the app of a phone call.

Kelly from Central Veterinary Hospital

Our online reviews have increased so much since we starting using PetDesk.

Pros

Their customer service is wonderful! They get back to you instantly and will take any suggestions for improvements seriously. We have so many new clients request appointments using the app (up to 10 a week), we might have a no show or two but we still gain quite a few new clients a month.

Cons

It would be nice if new clients were required to fully fill out the patient information fields. Its hard to make an appt not knowing what kind of animal, how old, etc. Notes for sick visit requests should be required too. We get many sick visits for new clients with no explanation of why they are sick.

Sara from Kings Highway Animal Clinic

We switched to PetDesk from another reminder system and couldn't be happier with the results.

Pros

I enjoy the ease of use and clean design of the dashboard and app. Its much "more" than a reminder system. It was easy to get set up and started. Our clients have enjoyed the app and loyalty program. I really love the review system which has helped increase our Google reviews. They provide "non-compliant" list that helps you identify and contact lost clients to get them back in. I also really like that their customer service is great and they are always checking in with us, improving the software and adding new features.

Cons

There isn't a whole lot I don't like about PetDesk. Cost-wise I believe it is a good value and comparable to other services, but not necessarily "cheap" when you add the cost of postcards. A few clients have complained about getting too many emails, but this is extremely easy to customize a client's communication preferences.

Richard from Nicholasville Road Animal Hospital

Vet review of PetDest

The support team is amazing and always there when you need them. They have helped us with our website, and online presence. The app usage has been wonderful for our younger clientele. Overall, it has been the easiest change our business has done and has been great to use for everyone.

Pros

We like how much our customers enjoy using this app. It is easy for us to use / review. It is incredibly helpful at getting us online reviews. Also, customers love to put photos of their pets up and this is a great way to do that and track their "family" members health.

Cons

I believe it is being worked on, but the lack of availability for an owner to choose a specific doctor when making their appointment.

Lesley from Northridge Animal Clinic

It has been great!

We are a very busy clinic and this has freed up a lot of time for all of our employees. No show appointments have been reduced, which is always good.

Pros

Easy to schedule appointments without being on the phone. It's been great as far as communicating with our clients via text or email. Not having to send reminders has been pretty awesome too.

Cons

Not being able to make adjustments to client info. It would be nice to be able to change/add a phone number or email address right away, rather than wait for info. transfer/update with practice management software. It would also come in handy with deceased/euthanized pets, to be able to change settings on them right away also.

Diana from Animal Hospital of Union Grove

Invaluable tool. Clients love it.

We can help clients without the phone as we are able to get to them. Clients contact us at their convenience.

Pros

Rapid support. Problems solved the same day. If I can't find the solution for a client, support takes care of the issue.

Cons

Redundant email/text. Some clients have said too many per visit. But some still miss appointments. We frequently have clients come in at the correct time but wrong day, usually one week early. They don't see the date of the month as much as day of the week.

Kristen from Northridge Animal Clinic

I use this app for reminders, health records and for my clients to schedule appointments.

We get more clientele coming to us and are picking up those with outdated vaccine histories because of its ease of use.

Pros

I love that clients can schedule and cancel appointments through the app. It greatly decreases the amount of phone traffic that we have, while being convenient for the client.

Cons

I wish we could have access to all of the medical history and be able to transfer it to another veterinarian in the instance that a patient is out of town at another clinic.

Jillian from Valley Animal Hospital of Merced

Industry: Veterinary

Customer Service is ALWAYS helpful and responsive.

As a user myself, I enjoy being able to just have all the important information I need for my pet at the palm of my hands, day or night. On the business aspect I think its a great benefit to reach out to our busy clients who can't always pick up the phone, but still care a great deal for their pets health and needs.

Pros

I like that PetDesk is user fairly user for our tech savvy clients. The information that is provided for our clients for each of their pets is always helpful for owners to help us keep their pets healthy. Ease of appointment scheduling is a time saver for our busy clients!

Cons

It would be helpful to be able to "opt" clients into the rewards program for them. We have a lot of elder clients whom are not high-tech or have smart phones. It would ease getting all our clients enrolled!

Mary from Aurora Hills Animal Hospital

Pet Desk is Awesome!!

Communication. The texting feature is used a lot.

Pros

The entire staff likes using PetDesk. The ease of use for our staff and clients is remarkable. The Client Support is always helpful, kind and very knowledgable. We switched from ePetHealth and we couldn't be happier. PetDesk has a lot more features and the texting capability is super handy. Thank you PetDesk Staff!

Cons

Not applicable. We would not change a thing.

Reasons for Choosing PetDesk

PetDesk was recommended by a friend of the pracitce owner. She was right, PetDesk is great.

Reasons for Switching to PetDesk

We were looking for a service that was all organized in one place. ePetHealth was fine, but they outsource some of their features, like texting.

Jessica from Gladwyne Animal Hospital

Love Pet Desk

Clients really do use this. It was hard to imagine not having an app for our clients!

Pros

Our clients love the convenience of Pet Desk. They can schedule appts/fill medicine without a phone call. It really frees up a lot of phone time for our front desk staff.

Cons

Sometimes clients will receive a confirmation for the wrong time. It has happened a few times, and not necessarily because there was a change in appointment day/time. Not sure what some of the kinks are, but generally, we are happy with Pet Desk!

Response from PetDesk

Replied June 2019

Thanks Jessica! We're so glad to be able to help save time for your front desk staff and give your clients a convenient way to engage with your practice though the app! Also, we'll make sure to investigate those kinks you're experiencing with confirmations.

Becky from Pine Meadow Vet Hosp

Pet Desk

So glad we made the switch!

Pros

So happy with this service. Makes communicating with clients so easy. Has definitely helped our staff during curbside care!

Cons

Nothing, the app and our staff portal are easy to use.

Steven from iVET360

Best Pet App Available

Pros

Able to add vets whether they are on the platform or not. Medication Reminders are also nice! My vet is on the app so I am able to see my pets' upcoming appointments and access vaccination records.

Cons

I really don't have much to say negatively about the app. I think some of the email reminders I am sent through the app could stand some visual improvements.

Laura from Erlanger Veterinary Hospital

We love PetDesk!

I love dealing with PetDesk. The customer service is amazing! You seriously will not meet a better group to work with. I recommend PetDesk on all of my manager social media platforms.

Pros

The ease of use for our clients is by far the biggest pro! Our clients love that they can put their pet's pics right on the app and that they have access to vaccine records and reminders. PetDesk has made our lives so much easier!

Cons

Sometimes we have clients that receive appointment reminders for appointments that they have already changed, but that happens very rarely.

Rebecca from Best Friends Animal Clinic

Industry: Veterinary

We've have had wonderful experience with PetDesk. Super satisfied!

We LOVE that our clients can request appointments and med refills online, or on their phones. The clients love that they can confirm their appointments through text and email. It makes our jobs so much easier, and with just a glance with their back office information we can see how we are doing compared to other clinics!

Pros

Very attentive to our needs! Setup was fairly quick and painless. They were able to integrate with our chosen Cloud veterinary practice management software easily.

Cons

There are still some glitches, but when addressed the PetDesk team gets right on it to clear any issues.

Amanda from Mayfair Animal Hospital

Curbside Chaos

Pros

Pet Desk offers easy integration with our Avimark software. It has been an essential tool to helping our staff keep pace during our "Curbside Chaos". Pet Desk has decreased the number of calls coming in, ability to keep connected with our clients, and a great reminder system.

Cons

Overall, we are happy with the service.

Beth from Cheatham County Animal Clinic

PetDesk

PetDesk has saved a great number of staff our. Our client communication has increased ten fold.

Pros

It is very user friendly...easy to navigate, looks professional.

Cons

Once a client downloads the app, that person’s information is connected to our information until they change it themselves...has been a bit tricky in client divorce/splitting up situations.

Nicole from Western Veterinary Group

PetDesk is quality

The customer service aspect is great. They are always friendly and helpful. Our account manager checks in from time to time to see if we need any materials or a refresher training. They've just been great throughout the whole time we've used PetDesk.

Pros

The ease of use and seamless integration with our ImproMed software. Our clients love it!

Cons

If a client has two appointments for two pets in one day(say,Fluffy at 10am & Charlie at 4pm), PetDesk will only confirm the first appointment TIME, but will include both pets names. This has caused confusion and double bookings.

Michelle from Stanley Veterinary Clinic

Petdesk is Great!

PetDesk has saved a lot of time for our receptionists. They no longer have to call every single appointment and send out reminder cards every month.

Pros

I like the ease for clients to schedule appointments, request refills, and see when their pets are due for items. The reminders are great as well

Cons

The inability for the reviews to go to google/yelp

Lica from Renton West Vet Hospital

Since we started using pet desk it has made thing easier for our staff and clients!

Pros

Saves us time that would be spent on the phone. Easy to communicate with our clients through the messaging system. The reminder services are great too, our intake calls about reminder have increased since starting

Cons

It would be great if there was a may to merge/seperate account in the system other than through infinity. We wish there was a system for deleted appointment times where the client will get a confirmation that we saw it and deleted the appointment with a log or something so we know it was taken care of as well. People will forget to delete the appt. in our program but will delete the request in petdesk. A log of some sort would help with that.

Donna from Best Friends Animal Hospital

Solid service

Filled our needs for text and email reminders; saving money on avoiding needless postcard mailers; helps recoup lapsed clients; saves my staff a lot of time; app is easy to use and informative for clients

Pros

Easy and intuitive to work with. Was a seamless transition to get things started with our business

Cons

I would like a better way to do 2-way , real time communication with my clients

ANGEL from North Blount Animal Hospital

Very Satisfied

Pros

The reminders via email, text and through app increase my client compliance on preventative care and minimizes the work we do to insure appointments are made and kept. The website and the app together cost less than the website building service that I used before. It's a good deal.

Cons

I do not have any complaints to register.