• icon"Lots of features and capability and all of it is easy to use. Customer service also very good."
  • icon"I haven't seen any veterinary PMS that has so much of customisation provided at the end of a doctor. Matching customer support as well."
  • icon"VetPort provides paperless medical records, scheduling, inventory managent, and invoicing in one integrated system. Customer support is very fast and very helpful."
  • icon"Now the service and support is absolutely shocking."
  • icon"Sometimes some of the accounting features can be hard for employees to grasp, but I think that would apply to any software program out there."

Browse all Vetport Reviews

• Have you used Vetport and would like to share your experience with others?

Lynn

November 2022

Vetport Legacy

The VetPort support team is helpful and friendly. The response time is quick, and I have used the call in, and chat features, and submitting a help ticket for less critical issues.

Pros

The software is totally portable, secure, and once it is set up and customized very easy to use. I can use it from my computer, laptop, or iPhone. It syncs effortlessly.

Cons

I dont feel like the inventory feature is as accurate as it could be, but I dont have a high need for this feature since I am solo and have a very small practice

Steven

December 2021

Original cloud based PMS stands above the rest

Vetport was really created with the veterinarian in mind. The work flow is simple, easy to follow and creates a medical record that is easy to read. Following the routine flow of an office visit creates a quick and simple EMR and invoice as you go as well as a report card that you can print or email to your client. I have been a VetPort user for 13 years and have truly been a paperless practice the entire time. Only VetPort could have allowed that to happen. There are a lot of "me too" software programs out there and they all do they basic stuff. Invoicing, billing, scheduling. But when it comes to medical record creation VetPort stands head and shoulders above the rest.

Pros

Easy to use and create examination forms, anesthetic protocols, prescription drug processing. The creation of client report cards on the fly. The built in patient portal allow clients access to their medical records online.

Cons

Improvements can be made with integration with third parties such as Covetrus, Idexx VetLab Station

Reasons for choosing Vetport

I am a mobile practice and the ability to access my PMS anywhere at anytime had tremendous appeal. Using paper records while on the go was not a thought that I had even wanted to entertain. VetPort had a tremendous amount of great features and was also significantly more affordable. The idea of a subscription based product vs having to spends thousands on a stand a lone software product works exceptionally well for me.

Response from Vetport

Hi Steven, Thank you very much for your kind words. The affection we receive from customers like you made the brand VETport today. To clarify many third party integrations have been completed. During the ones you have mentioned. Kindly explore VETport Pronghorn version for more. With Love Team VETport

Replied January 2022

Letrisa

Time used: Free Trial

October 2015

Used to be good but is now ridiculously buggy for patient management software.

When I first started using this product, it was good and I liked it a lot. In the last year and a half, though, there have been more and more problems with things like entries for one patient showing up on another unrelated patient's file, reminders that are not cleared or that are cleared when services have not been done. Weight graphs do not make sense with no X-axis calibration (Weights that are taken one day apart have x-axis points that are the same distance apart as weights taken a year apart.), reports that keep changing retroactively that are supposed to be locked as a permanent legal record, disappearing patient photos, totally unreliable photo uploading system, etc. Unfortunately, I could go on a lot longer, but I think that this gets the point across. Customer service is friendly, but the problem rarely actually gets fixed or it is temporarily fixed and then comes back or shows up in other patient files. As a busy practice, we don't have time to spend an hour or more getting problems fixed per week, and I doubt that other do either, so even though it is an easy to use program with friendly support, I can't recommend it.

Response from Vetport

We would sincerely like to address issues you are facing. We see these are a mixed basket of issues - some setup related, some bugs and some features to be added/enhanced. We are keen to work and iron out all these issues with you and look forward to you giving us the time to address them. Thank you.

Replied October 2015

Mike

August 2022

Vetport

Very good only few problem problems fixed when we Lear how to use system

Pros

Easy to train staff how to use software

Cons

The inventory is somewhat difficult mostly on our side get data entered correctly

Reasons for choosing Vetport

Because at the time 8 years ago there were few option that were internet based Makeing distance use possible and back up data much easier

Diane

Vetport for the Long Haul

Our patient care has improved due to real time record keeping with Vetport's EMR software. We have consolidated all aspects of our practice management to one place, saving time and space. Vetport has increased communication among our staff and with our clients . Vetport Technical service has been exceptional. When we have a problem, they are more than willing to work out solutions with us. We recommend Vetport with confidence and proven reliability.

Pros

We have been Vetport clients since 2011. The best part of bringing Vetport's Cloud based software into our veterinary practice, was the ability to leave the paper behind. We began our journey into the Cloud with their initial Legacy program and are currently updating to the Next Gen version. This version offers all of the features of the original program plus many new, intuitive improvements. Additionally, we are able to add SMS communications with our clients and increased access to the digital diagnostic functions we have added to our medical practice.

Cons

Its a large, broad based program covering all aspects of practice management. In the beginning it seemed too big, however, we were able to adapt quickly and choose the options we needed for our practice size.

Reasons for choosing Vetport

Our first experience was so positive, we decided to listen to their ideas about their product and give it a go.

Reasons for switching to Vetport

We were very early to the Cloud based veterinary EMR experience. In 2011 with thousands of client charts to manage and increasing need for data storage, we decided to look at the new Cloud based technology. We wanted to be out of the data management business and focus on our veterinary patients.

Response from Vetport

Hi Diane, Thank you very much for your review. Being the first cloud based veterinary practice management software in the world has helped us build beautiful memories for many great loyal customers like Great Brook Animal Care. We are more excited than ever to serve you ahead. Team VETport

Replied February 2021

Brenda

December 2021

Vetport is our right hand

As a cloud based program Vetport is very easy to use and learn.I love the tech support, the ease of reaching help and they always make us feel comfortable for reaching out, never like we are an irritation to them, even if there is no problem, just learning something new!

Pros

Vetport is easy to learn, has several ways to get where you need to be within the program. Is cloud based so you can work from home. Offers so many additional services and oppurtunities.

Cons

The Inventory inconsistency can be troublesome and time consuming

Reasons for switching to Vetport

Needed a more up to date program

Response from Vetport

Hi Brenda, Thank you very much for the review. The inventory module is a very detailed module designed to serve even a large group of practices. We would be happy to walk you through once again. Thanks for the love! Team VETport

Replied December 2021

Christine

June 2022

The easiest, most intuitive software on the market!

Really happy with it!

Pros

Remote access, intuitive to use, literally takes five minutes to train employees on the basics. Tech services/support team is awesome, and they take suggestions to improve the product.

Reasons for choosing Vetport

Ease of use, functionality, and tech support.

Barbara

July 2022

Review for [SENSITIVE CONTENT]

I’ve always spoke to [SENSITIVE CONTENT] the past few years. He’s always been very helpful and knowledgeable with the software from Vet Ford. He’s very kind and personable and is always there to help you solve the problem

Pros

Working from home or on cell phone .[SENSITIVE CONTENT] liked that option

Cons

Nothing . Everything seemed to work well at the office

My [SENSITIVE CONTENT] passed away 3 yrs ago

Melissa

April 2022

Vetport

Pros

Vetport is very easy to use, highly recommend for mobile practices

Cons

You have to be very precise with the spelling of client/pet names to find the record

Response from Vetport

Hi Melissa, Thank you very much for your review. We at VETport vow to continue providing the world class veterinary solution for years to come. Team VETport

Replied April 2022

Treneice

November 2022

Pros

What i like the most is that it Can be modified

Cons

We Least liked the Huge learning curve..

Reeci

Industry: Veterinary

Best customer service with vet software I've used as of yet!

Positive

Pros

Ease of use - we are a BRAND new practice and are still in the infancy stages of uploading ALL items, inventory, services, clients, appointments, etc into the system - once I got the hang of it, it's going quickly!

Cons

I would like to see "shortcut keys" eventually, similar to what Avimark has

Response from Vetport

Hi Reeci, Thank you very much for your review. We are glad to have you onboard with thousands of our loyal customers. We vow to keep up our world class customer support forever. Team VETport

Replied May 2021

Brian

Pet Dental USA recommends Vetport

We love Vetport because they have been able to make Vetport what Pet Dental USA needs. We are not a standard Veterinary clinic and Vetport from day one worked with us to tailor the software to our needs. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and the entire Vetport team have been great to work with and are always working to improve their product. We highly recommend Vetport and have been happy customers for over seven years now.

Pros

We have been using Vetport since we opened Pet Dental USA in 2014 and have been a happy client ever since. Vetport has been a perfect fit for us and the Vetport team has been able to tailor Vetport to really suit our business. We are not your standard general practice veterinary clinic. With our focus on Dentistry and wellness we didn't have the same needs as a standard practice and Vetport has been the perfect partner to give us what we need and is always responsive to our requests.

Cons

We have been very happy with Vetport and never had any major issues or concerns.

Reasons for choosing Vetport

Vetport was the most versatile for our practice needs.

Response from Vetport

Hi Brian, Thank you very much for your review. Your kind words inspires us to work even harder to make VETport a better solution provider for the entire veterinary fraternity. With Love. Team VETport

Replied August 2021

Time used: Free Trial

December 2014

Vetport deliver great functionality at a great price

Our new veterinary hospital has been open just over three years. Having owned my previous hospital for over 20 years, I was all too familiar with the constant costs of software maintenance, periodic upgrades, and hardware replacement. The new facility was only 1,100 square feet, and had severe limits on both the space and expense that could be dedicated to a computer system. I had worked with several other practice management systems over the years. Our new facility did not have room for paper files, so the new system had to be completely paperless. I needed to access my system using a laptop or tablet because I had no room for fixed workstations. I needed to work from home, and I needed my new system to be completely customizable because I have my own way of doing things. I needed all lab work and x-rays to be stored inside the system, and I needed it to run on a Mac. Vetport met all my needs! The system runs entirely in the cloud and can be accessed at any time from any browser on any platform. I can log in on any number of workstations, so I can download a lab report from one workstation and make comments in the patient record on another. My technicians can start a patient's exam on an iPad, then hand the file off to me for further additions from my laptop. I print prescription labels from the exam room. I can pull up x-ray images and review them with clients from any location. I replace hardware whenever I wish with no software to load or update. I maintain my own network with no IT "experts." I modify my examination and other forms at will and can create an unlimited number of data entry forms for anything from a physical exam to a complex lab panel. Vetport uses HTML for everything and that takes some getting used to when sending out marketing emails, but it's not onerous and anyone can learn to compose an HTLM document. The Vetport screen is covered with buttons and pull-down menus, and it takes time to learn where everything is. Younger staff members seem faster at learning this than we old folks, but the upside is that nearly everything is available on one screen. Vetport is an extremely valuable tool in my practice, and has saved me a bundle in software upgrades as well as countless hours installing those updates on individual workstations. In a pinch, I can access Vetport and work on my iPhone from just about any location. In my book, Vetport is the only choice for veterinary practice management software.

Romanie

Great cloud-based product

We are very happy with VetPort.

Pros

We've used VetPort for many years. We offer mobile services and cloud based software is must-have so we can take tablets to patient appointments. VetPort provides paperless medical records, scheduling, inventory managent, and invoicing in one integrated system. Customer support is very fast and very helpful.

Cons

The initial new-hire training takes longer than for some other programs.

Price and expandability.

Response from Vetport

Hi Dr. Walter, Thank you very much for the review. We are extremely glad that being the first cloud based veterinary practice management software have produced us many loyal customers like SmartVet. Happy to serve you forward. Team VETport

Replied March 2021

Rodney

Shocking Support

During the long period that I use this product and it was supported by its originators it was a wonderful product. Now it seems to be taken over by some corporation, the service and support is shocking. I have been trying to get a backup of my records for over a month now, I have paid for that copy and have had no response from the company either with the backup or response to my inquiries.

Pros

Easily adaptable for my purpose at the time that I bought it way back in the beginning of the product availability. There were no other options at the time

Cons

When I first started with this product when it very first came out it was excellent support and service. Now the service and support is absolutely shocking

Muhammed

In love with the customer support and EMR

Pros

I have been associated with VETport for more than 8 years and moved to their NextGen application recently. I haven't seen any veterinary PMS that has so much of customisation provided at the end of a doctor. Matching customer support as well

Cons

This is a very vast application, it takes a lot of time to make use of VETport in complete.

Response from Vetport

Thank you, Muhammed. You are one of the most valuable clients we have today. We believe that every veterinary clinic is unique in its own way and they have unique requirements. Which is why customization has been our biggest priority to meet the unique needs of each clinic. Cheers! Team VETport

Replied June 2019

Linda

Vetport review

It's been good. Support is great - timely response and can usually address the issue quickly.

Pros

Cloud based and client focused. Intuitive and relatively easy to use.

Cons

Inventory module has issues - doesn't 'speak' to all modules involving inventory. Have to manually adjust.

Response from Vetport

Hi Linda, Thank you very much for your review. We understand your observation as you are using version 1.0 of VETport. We would be glad to welcome you to VETport Pronghorn version and experience it's depth and beautiful user experience. Team VETport

Replied November 2021