• Pros

• "Love this package. So pleased to be a super user and one of the first people to take out a subscription. Our comments and suggestions are always listened to and where possible are actioned."

• "The user experience is wonderful, lots of compliments."

• "I love the upstairs Breakout Rooms! The ability to go to different "tables" and speak with diverse and different people is brilliant."

• Cons

• "The only difficulty we experienced was accessing the platform. Once we were in it was a lot of fun!"

• "2-3 people out of 50 always experience problems with cam/mic working, some give up and leave. A better tutorial that helps users quickly discover navigating around would help"

• "Audio quality without headphones is not as good as Zoom. If users use headphones there is never an issue, but occasionally there can be feedback or echoes."

Browse Remo Reviews

Alexander from Lunchpool

Virtual events that feel like the real thing

My company Lunchpool found Remo before the holidays last year when looking for a software that would support our “virtual lunch breaks”. I was able to meet with the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] directly and hearing his pitch and the reason behind creating Remo. Sinilar to our mission, he wanted to combat the feelings of social isolation that were ever-growing. This intention shines through in the product they’ve developed. I’ve watched the platform mature and develop into an enterprise-ready software that is used in some of the world’s top education systems, non-profits, and enterprises. Remo Conference has helped my team grow from 2 to 10 in spite of the pandemic. We use it to provide virtual experiences for our clients, many of whom have been able to raise $10-$100,000 on a single event. The sponsorship opportunities and flexibility of the platform are the reason why 90% of the events we organize are hosted in remo.

Pros

When first finding Remo in August of last year, I knew it was something special but I wasn’t quite sure why. The 2d floorplan seemed to simulate a “space” similar to an actual networking environment, but, as I discovered, the real value and “secret sauce” is the freedom to move about from table to table. Each “table” is essentially a video breakout. The unique format of events and flexibility of the platform has allowed my company to grow significantly. As others are scrambling to provide webinars, my team has been able to provide meaningful, connective experiences that feel like actual in-person networking.

Cons

The registration page had a bit of friction. Similar tools have an option to log on as a guest, but the profile “business card” does add significant value and the team at Remo is very responsive to customer feedback.

Reasons for Choosing Remo

We tried the other similar products, many which are backed by significant VC dollars. These tools didn’t seem to provide the same visceral connections between our attendees.

Charlie ⚡ from PoweredUpArt

Like networking in real life, but on the computer and not in real life. ‍♂️

Being able to use the platform to network and work on projects with other artists has been amazing. Other than the once-in-a-blue-moon hiccup requiring a refresh and screen sharing being a tad bit laggy at times, this platform has blown me away in terms of how stable it is and how different it is from other platforms. VR networking platforms seem like they may be a neat experience, but for the average user who needs to get work done over extended periods, Remo is the way to go. I've even planted the grape vine at my alma mater to see if Remo would be a good fit for their curriculum. I personally think it will.

Pros

The ability to have numerous different conversations throughout a room is a huge step up from sitting in a video conference with 49 other participants, 48 of which are muted while 2 people talk, and waiting for your turn to talk. Being able to bounce around and talk to various groups of people is just phenomenal.

Cons

I think the chat bar could use a little bit of work to make it more functional for the average user. Being able to see the faces or "chat heads" of your other chats, while in a chat with someone else would be extremely useful. So, say I'm talking to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in a private chat. On the left edge of that chat window you would see a bar that runs the length of the chat window that has a condensed version of the chat overview window (the one that shows General Chat, Table Chat, and Private Chats). Instead of having the full name [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], it would just show his tile icon. If any of that makes sense. ‍♂️

Excelent customer service, and easy to use product

Revolutionary experience, and set a good standard. Keep going, as many other tools are catching up.

Pros

The level of customisation, and the responsiveness of the presale, technical support, especially, when it comes to customer floor plan iterating. I hope to call out a name "[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]", [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a hero! It is also good experience working with someone who is based in Asia, so after my revision at night in Europe, the update got reflected in Remo, because of the efficient work. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] even helped me solve some problems, when I shared the editable .ai file, apart from the .svg file.

Cons

I hope it can be used more widely, and more people know how to use it, and enjoy using it.

lower cost, interactivity

Emily from NetApp, Inc.

Great concept, needs tech/security improvement

Great for networking and getting people to talk to each other. Bought the premium subscription to potentially use for a training program, but cancelled after one month due to tech issues with audio and insufficient security for our purposes. Have since been using Zoom breakout rooms and meetings.

Pros

Excellent graphic interface, concept of tables makes participants feel more connected, good for networking events. Good communication from company about updates and new features, basic user guides are shared for distribution. Company seems honest, will prorate the cost of a subscription if you cancel early. Like that the license is only attributed to the administrator - otherwise, many people can use the service without a designated license, as long as it doesn't exceed the limit set by your plan.

Cons

Common unresolvable tech problems for some users - could only hear one other person, or couldn't be heard, for example. Limits group to 6 - sometimes wanted bigger option. Never figured out advance set-up for events or the concept of event managers - a colleague who reached out to tech support did not receive a clear answer. Security is not as high as it should be to meet our organizational needs.

Julia from Rutgers University

It is an intuitive, attractive and an enjoyable platform with a lot of possibilities. Sadly, we won't be able to continue at this price point.

Pros

The ability to integrate sessions for socializing and networking while also presenting content in more "keynote" speaker style.

Cons

1) Needs better features to pre-load presentation content, especially video content. It is awkward and unprofessional to have to present, share content, go to Powerpoint, open it, etc. Can one of the sponsor sites or billboards to configured to run preloaded content, such as Powerpoints? 2) Enable attendees to hear the sound of videos pre-loaded into Powerpoint. We could not run our already embedded videos in Powerpoint because our attendees could not hear the sound. We had to have another person turning on videos separately from YouTube. 3) More sponsor sites for the Director subscription - four is not enough. These are good for posting content for those of us in education. Allows us to show students an image and then direct them to a site, such as our instagram to allow them to further socialize with other members of the community, or alternatively, advertise a new course in our programs and allow them to link right to the school website with a syllabus. 4) Offer a pre-made tutorial video that attendees can watch on the Welcome Page that on-boards them to the platform. 5) Needs a steeper educational discount for universities. I doubt our university will purchase unless there is a significant discount and we won't be able to afford to continue to purchase as a stand alone unit.

Reasons for Choosing Remo

I was introduced by our Teaching and Learning with Technology faculty, who have used Remo

Sue from E-Learning

For me it was love at first sight!

If facilitate several busomess networking meetings with various virtual platforms and the ones growing in this pandemic are the Remo ones.

Pros

When you want to get people talking in thw most authentic way possible online there is no better solution than Remo. No more black screens or brady bunch headaches, just great conversation that feels almost as good as the real thing -- except you don't get hugs. I love how my guests can move freely from table to table as they would in a real event, that the space is completely customizable and links back to my website, and of course the revenue the banner advertising brings. Remo is the most flexible and engaging virtual event platform you will ever use.

Cons

At first it was buggy, but now it is so sweet! My guests love it.

Way better experiemce.

Jarrod from eSAX (The Entrepreneur Social Advantage Experience)

Remo virtual conference platform is the best option on the market

My business eSAX used to host large in-person networking events for entrepreneurs and community leaders. I have pivoted my entire business model and adopted Remo to HOST other people’s events around the world. Without Remo I would have had to shut down. It’s been an absolute game-changer!!

Pros

Every aspect of this forward-thinking and intuitive virtual platform is excellent! The entire program literally mimics a real face-to-face conference, tradeshow and networking event. The breakout rooms are visually appealing, makes it easy to see everyone at once, communicate with others and move-around at the users discretion. The stage or presentation mode is exceptionally well laid-out. Even those who are technologically adverse can still use the platform with ease!

Cons

I just wish it was launched years earlier!

Reasons for Choosing Remo

Loved to be able to easily see; interact and engage with everyone akin the breakout rooms/lobby mode. Very easy to use!

Spud from Barefoot Consulting

Remo allows for autonomy in virtual events

I've really enjoyed working with the Remo team and they have been very helpful in troubleshooting bugs. As a newer platform, they are working to correct issues as quickly as they can. But it still has a bit of lag compared to more established video platforms. But even with that, I love Remo and it's one of my favorite tools!

Pros

The main reason I use Remo for most of my virtual facilitation is because it allows participants to have autonomy moving around a virtual room and join the small group conversations that matter to them. Most people are 'stuck' in breakout rooms with zoom and other platforms - but Remo allows you flip that dynamic for your participants! I also LOVE being able to upload custom floorplans - many of my clients love that we can match their brand with the event.

Cons

As a new platform for lots of users, there's a learning curve to figure out how to manage the event. Once someone has had familiarity in the platform, I find they love it and want to host a second event - but sometimes that first experience can involve a lot of 'learning the ropes' rather than focused on the specific intent of your event. It can also be challenging not being able to see everyone's video in the main presentation area. I often find myself wanting to have conversations with more people than are allowed in the small groups, but there's no option for that so I sometimes have to refer back to zoom with my group.

Reasons for Choosing Remo

Ultimately I choose Remo because it allowed me to upload custom floorplans and let everyone have choice over which small groups they wanted to join. Those two variables make Remo stand out compared to all of the others!

James from KnowHouse PTY LTD

Great experience!

Gives the facilitator and participants a fun experience and with much more natural flow than other platforms. The biggest challenge is getting past the set-up issues for participants.

Pros

Remo creates the freedom for participant in an event to move around and network as they please. Its relatively well tolerated by IT departments who may ban Zoom and it creates a far superior experience than the usual video conferencing platforms.

Cons

Participant take on is the biggest barrier - getting folks in the room with microphone and camera working is a challenge. The Deskle whiteboard is not as sophisticated and user friendly as Miro or Mural. My advice would be to reach out to an affiliate like myself and get help for your first few sessions. Pricing has also increased quite a bit recently.

Reasons for Choosing Remo

No need for end user equipment and easy to navigate

Kate from OBN (UK) Ltd

Industry: Biotechnology

User friendly and fun!

Remo is a user friendly platform, that could work for a variety of businesses. I am really happy with their customer service and in general their passion to keep improving the platform.

Pros

This platform is exactly what we were looking for as a solution to live networking at our digital events. It was super easy to set up and get going, and the free trial was really handy.

Cons

The only negative feedback we'd had from participants using the platform was that it wasn't easy to view other participant details e.g. Name, Job Title & Company. We aren't sure whether we want to make the move from Zoom to Remo for the presentation content as it doesn't seem quite as seamless. But we will give it a go!

Reasons for Choosing Remo

Remo without doubt provides the best virtual networking experience to replicate real life networking!

Alan from UntenehmerTUM

A Game changer for networking online

Networking for large groups of people is a major problem that is being solved. Zoom simply does not provide a solution for this problem. - breakout sessions are awkward and require an admin to be present all the time to move people between rooms. Remo enables us to organise an event "hands off" as people can firstly see where everyone is in the different tables and they can move independently between these rooms. It's a fantastic innovation. Most, if not all of our events involve 50+ people getting together and connecting informally. Remo heklpy us to continue to provide this kind of value in an online format. I don't think we could have offered the same value to our attendees if we used multiple zoom chats or breakout sessions.

Pros

Remo provides a fantastic platform for making networking easy online. The ability to have multiple tables in one view, with the ability to see who is chatting with who is a complete gamechanger for networking online. As an admin organizing large networking events there is simply no other tool that provides this kind of value.

Cons

Barrier free entry would be the best new feature for new people joining a remo event for the first time. There are often issues with people accidently selecting "join as speaker" when they are only an attendee. This blocks them from entering and causes a lot of confusion. I would also like to see an easiersystem for entering the timing of the event (during the pre-event setup). The current method of using the clock is not easy to use and after entering the starting time it almost always give me an error that my finishing time is before the starting time. This happens when I clone an event and change the time and date of the start first.

Reasons for Choosing Remo

The overall interface was a bit confusing and not as intutitve as Remo. Also in remo you could easily see the entire space on your sceen so everyone was visible. The other solution was free but we expected the price to be introduced soon so instead we wanted to pay for a known good product and price instead of using Airmeet for free for a while then having to pay an unknown fee.

Dean from Autism Aspergers Friendship Society of Calgary

Remo- built for events!

Our Virtual events and programs have now separated us from many of our competitors. The initial reaction when people enter the room is priceless and although some are intimidated, they feel like experts after a quick tutorial. Although the platform has a lot of great features, perhaps the thing we love the most is the community of users. Ideas are shared openly, there is collaboration between people and organizations from Hong Kong to Canada and everywhere in between.

Pros

- it was built for events, not for meetings. - actually has the feel of an in person event. - you attend an event, not a broadcast or webinar. The interaction and networking is so simple and cannot be done on other platforms. I recently attended an event on Zoom (after trying to get them to use Remo) and they assured me the breakout rooms would work just fine....then I was moved to the wrong breakout room and sat by myself in a room waiting.....then I was moved to the right room, and waited some more with others....it was not a smooth experience at all. No matter what anyone says, Breakout rooms do not replicate tables at all. - the Whiteboard seems to have endless functionality; embedding media, documents, games....almost anything you want - help desk is SUPER responsive and supportive. - Presentation mode is so smooth and easy for performers and speakers - The Remo community, always seems to be improving and growing. - Development- roadmap is easy to input too, the company seems to have new developments consistently, almost daily.

Cons

- some of the tech aspects with tablets/mobile are hit and miss -

Reasons for Choosing Remo

Basically, it was designed for Events. We find many platforms were built for meetings and this subtle difference is so important. Especially as EVERYONE is on-line so often nowadays, the better experience you can provide...the more likely they will return.

Patrick from Wanted Lab

Great Networking Platform

The overall experience has been ok. When getting speakers to use this platform they find it a bit confusing so we need to do a few run throughs on how to use it.

Pros

The software allows individuals from different countries be in the same place at the same time. Allowing attendees to jump around to different tables.

Cons

The software is not mobile responsive and there are a few features that it doesn't have. ie automatically registers an attendee.

Reasons for Choosing Remo

The Remo Conference had the webinar feature as well as networking on different tables. We are doing a recruitment event with different companies on different tables. So students and job seekers can go around to different tables to speak to companies.

Jeremy from Epic Virtual Events

The Best Platform for Dynamic Virtual Events

Even with some of the bugs we experienced, it was still better than comparable alternatives. The ability to customize the look and feel of the event map added to the overall event experience. We have found Remo to be extremely versatile and adaptability for just about any virtual event.

Pros

There is something that those of us who use the platform call "Remo Magic". It captures the imagination of the user in a way that other platforms (even the ones with similar functionality) can't. The ability for users to freely navigate an event map and have autonomous small group video chats makes it feel like an in-person event.

Reasons for Choosing Remo

None of the alternatives held a candle to the capabilities of Remo.

Long on Remo

Super long on the platform because of call quality -- feel like their UI/UX team needs to directly connect more end users of software. Needs more features like icebreaker has.

Pros

Remo provides the best audio and video quality of any platform we've used -- better than Zoom. The ability to switch rooms is also relatively seamless.

Cons

* screen share sometimes locks up * no waiting room capability to let someone next meeting is waiting * switching between buildings and some other things don't feel seamless

Reasons for Choosing Remo

The call quality is consistently awesome.

Laura from EQDerivatives, Inc.

Best software for recreating coffee break/reception interactions

Events are a huge part of our business, so when COVID-19 ended our ability to host them in person, we quickly had to pivot to virtual events. Remo recreated the in-person experience better than any other platform we reviewed and are really happy with it thus far.

Pros

We loved the ease of use, the simple yet engaging layout, and the fact that it recreates the natural interactions of conference participants in the most natural way. We also like that the either/or function of presentation and conversation mode. It helps overcome the issues we have with in person events where sessions will not be well attended but the break room is full. The ability to track interaction with sponsors ads is also a great plus.

Cons

There are some features that are missing: ability to assign seats, customization of automated emails, better Zapier app to integrate with Salesforce, custom fields on registration, ability to spotlight one screen/speaker in presentation mode.

Reasons for Choosing Remo

Ease of use, cost, and implementation requirements.

Kimberly from Connect Event Hub

Why I Jumped In with Both Feet

It has been great. I invested in the Studio Licence so I could launch a virtual event venue on the platform. I immediately saw the potential for supporting the events industry with a virtual space that would be managed by an event professional with my experience and understanding of how best to maximize the platform for a successful event experience.

Pros

I was looking to help a client transition an event from live to virtual. This platform felt the closest to live and checked the most boxes on our needs list. The ability to network at the tables and the ability to customize the look and feel of the virtual space were big for me.

Cons

The inability to use RTMP link for streaming onto the stage and the on-boarding/registration page.

Reasons for Choosing Remo

REMO checked the most important boxes for my client and once we built and experienced the event we were sold. The look, feel and adaptability of REMO just spoke to me and seemed to be a platform I could embrace and build a business around.

Robert from Our Virtual Event.Space

A very useful platform for blending social and business functions

Since we organize, plan and host virtual events, we have chosen Remo as one of our preferred vendors. They provide us the tools we need to allow Our Virtual Event.Space to host satisfying and productive events worldwide.

Pros

We appreciate the fact that we can attract customers wishing to conduct both social and business events, and host their events with the special coordination that makes them amazing. Because we are innovative in our production values, we are able to blend in-person and virtual experiences for maximum effect smoothly, creating the powerful illusion of being "in the room" with presenters, even when the presenters are remote from each other.

Cons

Limitations arise when clients desire customized floor-plans that include effects such as table-top sponsor logos. Only a single floor-plan will function per event, causing duplication. Up to three interconnected 'buildings' allow us more flexibility.

Reasons for Choosing Remo

The flexibility of floor-plan design, allowing us to utilize the client's preferred color schemes and logos for a lifelike and immersive experience. With Remo we are able to build a virtual space that goes far beyond the face-to-face interaction, allowing for a truly entertaining social team-building experience that enhances the business aspects.

Cristina from IUPUI Sustainability

Remo made our conference one-of-a-kind!

We had an overwhelmingly positive experience with Remo. Their customer service team was incredibly attentive and responsive. Their virtual tours, strategy sessions and other training opportunities really helped us get the most out of the platform. While the platform is still evolving, it continues to get better and better, adapting to the needs of their users. We would 10/10 choose Remo again for a virtual Conference.

Pros

I love how interactive and unique the Remo platform is. All our attendees remarked how neat it was, and that they had never seen anything like it.More than a conference platform, it is a virtual simulation of a conference hall and experience. We heard it be compared to a video game, like Sims. Our attendees could see the layout of the event floor, who was there, move around, and interact with multiple people. There is an element to Remo, unlike any other platform we considered, that is simply fun and amusing.

Cons

It felt that the platform was very new and still evolving from day to day. The week before we purchased a plan, the pricing structure completely changed. Over the course of the month, new features were rolled out - though it was too late for us to use some of them. Some users had overwhelming issues accessing the platform or allowing access to their cameras and microphones, due to firewall or other technological reasons. It was really difficult working with them during the live event, to troubleshoot their issues (we had 300+ attendees). In presentation mode, some attendees were unable to see the presentations or videos, or they could see one but not the other. There was no rhyme or reason for why it worked for some and not others. Lastly, there were some features that were missing or too difficult to use - like concurrent events for breakout sessions. Although Remo's customer service tried to help us with this, we simply were not able to adapt in time and had to host our breakout sessions on Zoom.

Excellent software!

Thanks Remo, you saved our annual hackathon. Usually we would hold this event in the office but due to COVID restrictions, we were unable to do that this year. Remo helped to better connect us all and allowed us to successfully run the two-day event remotely.

Pros

- The customisable layouts. - Extensive whiteboard/screen sharing functions. - Presentation/broadcast function with chat/Q&A window, YouTube etc. - Easy to use and set up.

Cons

- The lack of polling/voting systems. - The fact that Remo automatically puts you on a random table when you enter the event/a new floor. - The fact that chat messages disappear and don't save for very long. - The audio didn't always work very well when using headphones

Better functionality

Jeffrey from Perimeter Institute

Beautifully created platform

It has been a wonderful addition to our organization. It has been great during conferences and general presentations.

Pros

I love the tables. Being able to have a little discussion table with 4 people and to be able to get up and go to another table once you are done is great and has been a huge benefit especially during lockdown and working from home.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like was having to leave your present table to see the other tables and who is on them. I would love the ability to see the other tables and participants without having to leave my table.

Reasons for Choosing Remo

Ease of use and the tables being used individual discussion groups was brilliant. Also I think it was pretty ingenious to use floors to increase table amounts instead of just making the room bigger.

Karen from PCA-Premier Cargo Alliance Ltd.

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Feels like you are there!

we are solving the problem of a physical event for our customers. Great experience with customer service and pre-sales. Your guided Tours are excellent!

Pros

enter in to a room with tables and chairs is a great feeling

Cons

More floorplans or an easy "DIY" step-by-step guide... i.e. 1) click here to chose your color, 2) click here to chose #of sponsors, 3)... and so on.

Reasons for Choosing Remo

Because of the Guided Tour and the first impression from the floorplan experience

Vanessa from Eforall

Remo is a great concept! But it's buggy.

I would give Remo and 7/10. I would say 10/10 if it was less buggy. It's really is great software but it still needs some work under the hood.

Pros

Awesome virtual solution for networking and farmer's market type events. Love the layout. Customer service/Tech support has been awesome so far! Love that it is browser-based, not an app, or software-based like zoom. Many of our attendees are Chromebook users and are unable to download software.

Cons

The biggest issue is the performance is very inconsistent. My organization has run 12 events so far. Some have gone flawlessly and others we've run into a lot of bugs. We've had issues where people kept getting kicked out and having to rejoin, flickering cameras, chat not working, and presentation mode glitches quite a bit. For some folks who are less tech-savvy, it is very confusing at first. The #1 complaint I get is when they first join the event it's too abrupt. They feel like they've been dropped into the middle of a conversation. I wish it was a smoother transition like they could get a chance to look at the tables and choose which one they want to join first rather than being dropped somewhere. Or maybe there could be a reception table like at a real life event. The last thing is I wish it worked on tablets. In presentation mode, I wish there was something like gallery view in zoom where you could see all the attendees. My speakers would really like to see people's faces when they're presenting.

Marylyn from Harrland Healthcare Consulting LLC

A Refreshing Option in Video Conferencing

I am delightfully excited by REMO. It is a refreshing option and an enjoyable business experience! THANK YOU!

Pros

Cons

It takes a little while to figure out how to get up and downstairs and understand how to "table-switch."

Reasons for Choosing Remo

Because of the INNOVATION and EXCITEMENT that Remo brings to business owners.

Jennifer from WigNation

Remo for fun

Pros

More interactive than zoom Pretty background Feels new and exciting to use Ability to hold Breakout chats

Cons

Have to give people details on how to use Remo because it’s not zoom and people think anything not zoom is automatically too hard to use.

Lindsay from La Jolla Country Day School

Industry: Fund-Raising

Great product - Recommend for multiple uses!

The customer service team is top-notch. I know they are invested in making sure we have a successful event. We have a few events under our belt through Remo, and more and more people are asking about the platform!

Pros

Remo is the closest thing to an in-person event that we have experienced, while being remote. It effectively allows our team to cultivate and steward event attendees in a fun and meaningful way. We like that users are able to move themselves from table to table, as you would at a typical convention or cocktail reception. The functionality of the white board, presentation and announcements makes it easy to host an event.

Cons

The Remo team has been working on additional room layouts and I am excited to use those. For a new software, there is very little that I would change and I know the team is always taking our ideas into consideration.

Michelle from KY Society of Association Executives

The Closest Thing to In Person Networking

Awesome. I love it. I tell everyone about it because it fills the need that Zoom breakouts doesn't/can't. There are so many potential uses for Remo. You can have a moderator in each room to facilitate discussions or do poster clinics or have committee meetings. You can use it for a game night social with trivia teams or utilize the whiteboard in each room for pictionary/hangman/etc. There is even a timer in your event so people know how much time they have to chat/play/etc between general sessions. It's a game changer.

Pros

The best part about this software is the ease of use for attendees. You login, and are immediately taken to a setup that makes sense - a layout with several rooms with virtual tables. Pick a room and sit at a table to talk to the others at that table. Within that room the participants can share screens and jointly use a whiteboard. Ready to move around? Pick another table and talk to other people. When the speaker starts, everyone sees him/her/them and the presentation like in a zoom webinar. When that's over, you go back to networking tables.

Cons

You can't pre-assign tables. You can tell attendees what table to go to, but they have to make that choice. The demo of this software doesn't do it justice.

Reasons for Choosing Remo

Ease of use, features, potential uses, admin ease

Zewin from OpenMinds HK

Connecting in a Virtual Office

Convenient. Flexible. Adaptable.

Pros

I love that I can work remotely with my team at ease. One of the biggest problems I encounter when working remotely is being able to initiate communication or present ideas as the person might be away from the computer. With Remo, I'm able to be on standby with my teammates if they need to look for me, essentially the same as if I was in an office with them and I were to walk over to their table to ask for their help.

Cons

So far it's been helpful in solving my problems.

MICHAEL from Net More Now

Quality Matters

Hoping to get quality recordings of presentations to work with

Pros

The user experience is wonderful, lots of compliments.

Reasons for Choosing Remo

Remo seemed to be functioning and trustworthy

Alyson from Aspen Global Change Institute

Remo- In Person Remotely

We really like Remo! People have found it to be intuitive and a great new way to interact while we're not able to meet in person.

Pros

I used Remo during a summer program at Venture Cafe Rotterdam. I immediately saw ways that it could be utilized at my company. For many of our programs we hold in-person meetings with an emphasis on informal networking in addition to the structured programs. I like that Remo let's you self-direct who you talk to, which is often logistically challenging in a larger group meeting or breakout scenario.

Cons

We've had a lot of people mention they'd like an ability to see and talk to the whole group at some point during the event. We can present, but this is less interactive than we're used to with other platforms. Some people chose not to participate in our events because they didn't want to have to create another account (password fatigue). Another person needed advance time to set up their computer to be compatible with the sound and microphone. We're not sure if we'll run into any issues with people using Remo on work computers or with any security restrictions from different organizations or federal agencies. We haven't quite found the sweet spot with the pricing. The first tier has too few seats around the table and too short of events. The next tier up is quite the jump in price. If we have a program that we can bill the subscription to, the price is not an issue. But if it's a program we have in our back pocket as needs arise, it is a bit expensive. And the price different between annual and monthly is $90! Which is quite expensive.

Reasons for Choosing Remo

I introduced it and this is the first platform we're testing.

Mauricio from LIM, Leadership in Motion

Great experience!

People left the Remo Conference with an effective networking experience and lots of action plans in their hands. Also, with the satisfaction of having participated in the discussion of as many topics as time permitted. Thanks!

Pros

What I liked the most was its realistic feeling. Our experience was just like being part of an old-fashioned coffee-break environment. Participants selected which group to join and there was instant familiarity with those who were also in the group because they were able to browse others’ linkedin profile.

Reasons for Choosing Remo

Novelty. Realistic flavor. Flexibility.

Tara from Prince George's County Public Schools

A Remo Fan

I enjoy learning new things and being exposed to new software. In this virtual world we are navigating, it is important that people still feel connected. The visual appeal of Remo offers that.

Pros

it is visually appealing, making the audience feel they were actually attending a conference. I also like the breakouts and the attendees ability to move from table to table.

Cons

That you cannot see your audience while you are presenting. It would be nice to feed off of the audience when you are presenting.

Simon from PSA Audio Visual

Totally REMO-te

Fantastic. Keep up the good work guys.

Pros

Cons

The uploading of custom floor plans is clunky and still needs work, but the function once applied is a necessity and works extremely well. I don't like that we can't assign event managers, but this has now been updated to 'PLANNED' on the Remo super user forum.

Reasons for Choosing Remo

It ticked the most boxes for what us and our clients required.

Vanessa from Odd-O-Ts Entertainment

Industry: Performing Arts

Fantastic Solution for Modern Problems

Pros

The ease of use is so important when setting up new media. Having people feel comfortable in a brand new space during difficult times is the only way to move forward. And the online environment is great to look at and fun to use!

Cons

I had to get a new computer and faster internet access in order to facilitate. That gets to be difficult for the casual user or a first time user who isn’t as tech dependent or savvy.

CASSADY from Law Offices of Cassady Toles

There is no competition

In general, other than the few people who have problems with getting it to work, people are every bit as impressed with the platform as I am. They like the way it permits much larger social gatherings than zoom, more natural flows of people and movements around, and the generally intuitive interface.

Pros

Remo is the only software that permits the kind of networking that feels like how I used to network at live events and, with the right floor-plans, you can socialize in groups, have small intimate gatherings, or have one-on-one's without interruptions.

Cons

I've found a fair number of users seem to have trouble logging in and getting Remo to work the first time, either they can't get their mics to work or they have some other issue. Your IT support is good and fast, but that initial pick-up can be troubling and seems to effect about ten percent of users. I don't know why or how, but it's much higher than the number that has trouble with Zoom.

Reasons for Choosing Remo

As far as I am concerned, there is no alternative product. I've looked at every other product and basically all of them, at some point require moderation after a certain number of people end up in a room. Remo is the only program that permits what Remo permits.

Andrew from International Bar Association

Real-time Networking Solution

We chose Remo to help replicate our face to face networking events, so far our participants have found the system easy to use, a good replacement for the live events they cant go to. Our team of conference organisers have switched to the system with ease. Feedback from users has been positive. We will be using the system in November for our virtual event where there will be over 100 networking buildings in use across the conference on top of over 250 Zoom webinars all linked together

Pros

The IBA is an international networking association, whose business is built around bringing senior managing partners from law firms together. great things about REMO: No software to download Simple to use Easy to explain Do not have to be tech savvy Adaptable floor plans

Cons

Difficulty configuring time zones In ability to delete participant data Issues with using the platform on IE

Reasons for Choosing Remo

Ease of use is the key, the best for our user base

julie from SheEO

Industry: Investment Management

Living in the new world of events

In this new world of online events - this is a good alternative to zoom (especially when many corporates are blocking access). It's interactive and once you get your head around the layout, it works well.

Pros

I like the layout of the room where you can see which rooms are full and who's in there and the different room/table names. In the small rooms/tables you can see and chat with everyone. Love the access to the whiteboard and sticky notes in the room

Cons

Unable to see other guest profiles when in the small rooms. I want to click on the name and see who they are. Wish there was place to create 1;1 meeting rooms for people you've met or want to meet. Not yet ready/prime time for IoS (ipad or phone)

Danielle from PACT (Philadelphia Alliance for Capital & Technologies)

As close to being "in-person" as you can get

Networking is just as important to many of my attendees as the content of a program is - and Remo is the best solution I've seen for user-friendly networking experience. Event people I know don't usually like networking find Remo comfortable. We also use the platform for startup/investor speed dating, and for sponsor and demo company expo. There are quite a few use cases for Remo!

Pros

I love the visual of a 2-D event space - it immediately feels more welcoming than other virtual event platforms. It's a more human way to attend an event virtually.

Cons

There's a slight learning curve for users. And I usually have at least one or two people who can't get their mic or camera to work, and have to log out then log back in to get it going.

Reasons for Choosing Remo

Better UX, more control for the attendee

Natalie from CISI

Marvellous networking functionality

Pros

Remo replicates the face to face environment admirably, allowing delegates to move around the floor at will and interact as they wish to with others.

Cons

Remo seems to be a little complex for attendees and can cause some difficulties. There is an onus on the event organiser to train up their delegates. The other challenge is that speakers need to be savvy enough to set themselves onto broadcast, as there is no built-in functionality for av 'production'. That said, there are plenty of work-arounds, including a live stream feed from one of three platforms.

Reasons for Choosing Remo

Remo had the delegate-centred functionality that was appropriate for our audience.

Mark from Rogue Snail

Industry: Computer Games

Remo is a great Sococo alternative

We have a fully remote team of 15 people, and a "virtual office" app like Remo is vital to clearly communicate online presence and status, provide team members with the ability to quickly video-call each other throughout the workday with minimum hassle, and foster a sense of belonging to a bigger team.

Pros

An improved version of Sococo: good performance, great screen share and whiteboard, good user interface. Less stupid name as well.

Cons

No mobile app, no standalone app for PC, you must use Google Chrome to use it. Minor complaints: no Slack integraton, also there is only one office layout and it doesn't look very good. Some spaces on Sococo are more visually appealing and detailed.

Sebastian from Conectal

Great for remote teams and companies

Pros

I love that I am able to bring my team together in a digital space. It allows me to have meetings with the entire team and with a part of it while I also give my employees the opportunity to be location free. Its a great tool for remote workers and teams

Cons

I wish we could have more functionalities that will help to bring the team togheter.

Reasons for Choosing Remo

Because I needed this product so I could bring me remote team together

Agustin from nanilab

Industry: Security and Investigations

Not great, not terrible

Pros

The way Remo shows an emoji to indicate who is speaking

Cons

The user interface and user experience. The map is claustrophobic

Brett from United Way of Marion and Taylor Counties

Excellent Option for Virtual Events

We really enjoyed using the software for this event. It was a great way to still hold an entertainment type event and keep the audience engaged and excited.

Pros

We loved that participants got to enjoy a virtual event and experience it with their table mates, almost as if they were together in person at a table. It made the environment so much more exciting and fresh for individuals that were already tired from sitting in front of their computers all day long during this pandemic.

Cons

I would love if there were more custimziable features on the back end of the software, for example, it would be great if the reminder emails and emails to participants could be customized with the name of the sender. The current noreply name turns people off and usually ends up in spam or junk. I think that would be a tremendous added feature to consider.

Reasons for Choosing Remo

The pricing structure and the sign-up was more up front with Remo. The other software, you had to email them and then get information back before you could actually sign-up. With Remo, all of the details were available and you could just get started.

Adam from APF Networks

I'm now able to leave the room without anxiety

Given the layout and the profiling of guests whilst in a session certainly helps engagement. It's still tricky to judge an individual or better still ask the floor about certain people and thus the introductions are not a mimic of the physical world. What I do enjoy is the freedom of movement and the ability to take a few minutes to reset, grab a drink and act more like I would if I were at a physical event space.

Pros

It's quite a playful space, like a business networking version of a sandpit for childen. Being able to migrate between rooms and attend different focus groups has enabled me to reset my attention and drop out of spaces/tables that were not a great use of my time.

Cons

It assumes a lot of the hosts and I worry the software is being hailed and yet the propagators and facilitators are not always the best advocates of the platform and I cannot see where conduct and meetings protocols are being made clear.

Brook from Code Fellows

Community feel, in the online space

Great experience of keeping the community connected!

Pros

Our community gets a real sense of presence from using Remo. It's easy to work with, and replaces so much of what was lost with WFH requirements.

Cons

Screen sharing relies on Chrome functionality, so it's not as hi-res as other offerings out there.

Michelle Byars from Open for Planning Opportunities

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Terrific, can't wait for the next generation

Great experience that made it easy to chat with others in a casual manner. Highly recommend the ability to 1. assign a facilitator to a table and 2. allow that facilitator to either/or "extend" the table to permit more people to join or "add or split" a table to continue the same discussion with additional people. In other words if a table is discussing "Topic x" and more than 6 people want to be included in that discussion, then maybe the facilitator has the ability to expand the table somewhat to allow maybe 15, or split the table into subtopics.

Pros

Really intuitive, connects to real world experience. Great to see who was at a table before entering - although it would be great if they "had" to enter a title/company.

Cons

As a presenter, I couldn't see the "tables". Also I didn't find a way to chat with fellow presenters only (all at once).

Nicole from AppEase

First Time User

Overall this is a fun tool to simulate a conference and is a good option for moving to virtual.

Pros

It was very simple to use and to navigate between floors and rooms. This seems like a much less staff intensive process than using zoom rooms or something similar, which you have to had a staff/administrator there to manage and allow you into your individual meeting rooms.

Cons

I was on a Safari on a MacBook Air and the tool bar at the bottom of the screen was covering the table that I needed to get into. I couldn't shrink the screen down far enough and I wasn't able to move the tool bar to another part of my screen. This made it a challenge to get into my meeting. The event timer was off significantly (6-9 minutes) and as a first-time user, I wasn't sure if I was supposed to click in at my scheduled time or wait until the session timer was up to join. One last con is that anybody can just pop into your room at anytime and interrupt your meeting, which I suppose comes with the territory of not having anyone manage the rooms/tables. Perhaps you could make one person an admin of the table and allow others in to prevent this from happening.

Isai from school

WHY 5 Stars on All

Grateful!

Pros

I am a 5th grade teacher in Santa Cruz, Ca. We have been tasked with shifting a 19th century educational system and with C19 change adapt transform evolve for 21st century learning. This software allows us to create a virtual classroom! That alone is 5 stars! I miss my students and the questions and ideas we wrestled with. I have created a 21st Century Thematic Unit and needed a vessel to hold it all together. With REMO I can use many formats and many experts to really speed up student and teacher learning for the 21st century. Thank you, because C19 learning is challenging and innovators like the REMO team helps ease the challenge. Thank you.

Cons

So far just trying out and will send feedback as I encounter areas for improvement. Plus students are way better at finding ways to improve user interface.

Reasons for Choosing Remo

This is the first I have seen of such a product for education.

Melissa from mcmaster innovation park

Remo is a great virtual conference software option

If found the Remo to be very responsive with questions, and offered lots of training options. they set up to succeed with your virtual events.

Pros

The ability to move into groups when hosting a virtual conference

Cons

I did not like trying to use my mouse to navigate around rooms as I found it very fast and I am not an experienced gamer.

Reasons for Choosing Remo

Remo was directed to conferences and breakouts more then tradeshows, and that was my main goal.

Steve from Connektd - Your Freelance Community

Global Summit for 800 people

We wanted an event that offered networking between sessions, and Remo gave us that ability. It was well received by our audience

Pros

The software is easy to use and feature rich. The ability to ask questions during the session, hold polls were key to the conversation and engagement that took place on our event. The networking between sessions makes it the ideal choice for anyone organising a virtual event

Cons

Data analytics following the event could be better

Reasons for Choosing Remo

We were working with a local AV company who recommended and worked with us to use it. Also, Hopin did not feel as market-ready