What are Vimeo Pro users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Vimeo Pro software through verified user reviews

• icon"We do share some proprietary media, and being able to house the finished product in the cloud and share with intended parties, thus keeping our hardware less cluttered, is awesome."
  • icon"Its easy to use, the free plan gives a good amount of space for starters and its very easy to integrate."
  • icon"What I liked most was all the different settings that you can integrate with the video when you share it."
  • icon"What is missing is the option to embed on a priave url that does not does not need a password."
  • icon"The internal user interface can be clunky at times, you can sometimes get lost in there."
  • icon"Sometimes it is give an error and system is shot down itself. They should fix this problem."

Browse all Vimeo Pro Reviews

• Have you used Vimeo Pro and would like to share your experience with others?

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

Great tool for managing video distribution

Tacho

Video platform for high quality videos

The interface is clean and logical. There is no unnecessary chatter to confuse the user. I liked that the platform is used mainly by people who know how to make content, so you can find quality content with good quality right here. The feeling itself is about the business environment. I use some of the materials out there that can't be found anywhere else and have crystal quality.

Pros

I like that it doesn't spoil the quality when uploading. The concept of the product is clear and specific. The content is usually quality. There are no annoying ads to tear up the videos. The platform provides options for customizing the account. It allows you to present yourself professionally and stand out in the best way, without imposing additional things around you. Users can see videos that are not present anywhere else.

Cons

Multiple videos cannot be uploaded at once. Loading the gallery from the phone is a bit slow. For unpaid users, space is limited, which is not the case in other video sharing platforms. There are significantly fewer users, but those who are there definitely know why they are there.

Reasons for choosing Vimeo Pro

You tube is not limited in terms of upload. The main disadvantage is the constant ads, which they flood several times within a video. Also, the design of the platform itself is not clean enough. There is some confusion among the videos, none of which has enough focus.

Reasons for switching to Vimeo Pro

An alternative for me is Youtube. Its main advantage is the huge number of active users of the platform. If a person wants to be seen by everyone, there is a place. In addition, you can use all the necessary features on YouTube completely free of charge.

Prasanta Kunmar

August 2022

Awesome and easy to use, also no prior experience needed.

Vimeo Pro is a great, easy-to-use, and drag-and-drop banner maker that helps me a lot to create a graphics design to ease.

Pros

So many templated that match the different sizes of all social media platforms. Even the podcast and blog post templates are also helpful for making a banner. The re-size option is also beneficial.

Cons

It has no option to convert the text to different languages.

Reasons for choosing Vimeo Pro

It has more templates, is more flexible, and is a more straightforward banner maker.

Farid

They provide false information and hope you don't churn

Pros

Easy to use and reliable. We haven't had any technical issues in years

Cons

It is really annoying that they refuse to send receipts via email, even though they say they will. This is a cheeky way to reduce their churn.

Reasons for switching to Vimeo Pro

Honesty is important for us

Fast, robust and solid.

Great! No complains. I use it often on my website.

Pros

I really like that it's not just a video hosting platform, it's a community too with professional/art-orientated creators. Videos are always delivered fast, high quality, ad-free and without lag in a solid player. It's not clunky, it's well-thought out and very well branded. I also really liked the captioning/subtitle features and the numerous types of privacy you can layer onto the videos.

Cons

Nothing I didn't like about Vimeo. It's feature-rich and has a solid player with a good user interface.

Reasons for switching to Vimeo Pro

I wanted something ad-free and that I could control better.

August 2022

Great choice for video hosting

I was able to quickly get some videos uploaded and embed them. I like the way Vimeo handles streaming the videos and being able to adjust video quality.

Pros

I've really liked how easy it was to upload videos and embed them in websites. It's great being able to turn off branding and UI buttons for a cleanly embedded video.

Cons

The price does seem a little steep going from free hosting to $20/month.

Reasons for choosing Vimeo Pro

As a web designer, Video Pro offered great ease of use, customizability, and is worth the time saved over self hosting videos.

Reasons for switching to Vimeo Pro

Video Pro offered more customization for embedding videos and there's no way anyone wants ads loading on an embedded video.

Miriam

Great for Privacy & Sharing

Overall Vimeo is the best option if privacy is your main concern for your videos.

Pros

Vimeo has great privacy and streaming options. Unlike competitors Vimeo has a lot more options when it comes to streams eg turning off the share option and not recommending videos at the end of the stream.

Cons

Vimeo can be costly depending on the package you need.

Reasons for switching to Vimeo Pro

YouTube could not turn off the share button or stop recommendations at the end of the video

August 2022

Vimeo is perfect for the small church that would like to look like they are a big church.

Overall, we are very happy with Vimeo Pro. The portfolio that we use for our sermon archive "looks" close to the way our website does, but the ability to search for us is cumbersome.

Pros

Vimeo's backend interface is very intuitive. It's ability to be embedded with responsive websites is also very important to us.

Cons

A couple of the things that we have had issues with over the years are first, our ability to edit all of our metadata as a whole. If we were needing to add meta to all of our videos it would be very time consuming for us to complete. Secondly, finding where our archive or portfolios are within the backend don't exactly make sense. We would like to be able to add metadata to be able to search our videos but with over 1,000 videos in our account we'd have to have a full-time person on staff to do that at this point.

Melisa

Industry: Market Research

Review for Vimeo

Great for sharing your content. I like to use this platform and recommend it to anyone.

Pros

Its a great way to share your content across different avenues. So quock and easy.

Cons

I guess i was supposed to write a con about vimeo but i can't find anything i dont like about it.

Tomas

July 2022

Great for hosting videos for your website

Great!

Pros

Useful for hosting videos on your website where you want to take off all the branding of the video hosting site

Cons

Would be nice to remove the Vimeo branding on the free version

Ciara

Vimeo Pro Review

Effective video editing and educational tool

Pros

Video Editing and Video Sharing are very easy to navigate. As soon as videos are created they can be shared with people that need to have a copy of them.

Cons

None, so far. Its features were very helpful in creating educational materials and sharing them with co-teachers or students.

Alhassan

Vimeo keeps our private materials truly private, with zero chances of unauthorized leakage

Prior to Vimeo Pro, we had encountered more than a few incidents where pitch videos shared privately with potential donors ended up being either publicly accessible, or inaccessible to the parties we had shared access links and security codes with. We have never had a single case of such mishaps since we switched to Vimeo Pro. And with the smooth integration with our default video creation products, there has been very little disruption to our workflows.

Pros

The ad-free media player is truly awesome; with reduced distractions from video ads, we have seen sharp rises in conversion rates and reactions to our call-to-action directives. In terms of features, the time-coded notes has been a God-sent, and has allowed for smoother participation from all team members during project development. Our final outputs are now much more comprehensive that before.

Cons

There should be more functionality and options introduced for editing and working on videos before sharing. For smaller projects that not too heavy, it would be amazing if everything could be started and finished with Vimeo without other editing programs.

Better online reviews

Reasons for switching to Vimeo Pro

Reduced need to keep switching between multiple software during development and launch of our video campaigns.

Kristie

From Youtube to Vimeo Pro!

I used to get paid by YouTube back in 2015 but I had signed up for Vimeo Pro for free. I do personally like the platform on Vimeo better than YouTube and Vimeo feels more hip and young. It is for those who are into high resolution graphics and videomaking. It is not like YouTube where the videos are created from smartphone tools. It is for professional videomakers, animators, and motion graphics artists. It is the main reason why I joined Vimeo Pro, but now, it is turning into a career.

Pros

My company is focused on creating graphic designs and motion graphics to promote my artistic products, and Vimeo Pro is the perfect way to make my products promoted online. During the pandemic, I was furloughed from my employer so I decided to use my time to promote my online business. I had it established in 2015 but I was working for my employer for the last four years and did not have time to make proper sales. Instead of just sales, Vimeo Pro has helped me create an online community for those interested in my brand. It has been a lot of fun and the features on Vimeo Pro always excite me.

Cons

My least favorite feature is the high costs involved in maintaining my online presence on Vimeo Pro. MY favorite feature is the videomaking tool which I do have to pay a monthly subscription for, but there are so many costs involved. It was like starting my own channel by paying Vimeo to keep maintaining my videos. It has been an expensive journey for me as a member of Vimeo Pro.

Reasons for choosing Vimeo Pro

I chose Vimeo Pro because it is professional and the Vimeo Create is my favorite feature. On YouTube, everything looks outdated and unnecessary. Vimeo has a stronger professional and hip presence, drawing younger media professionals. I don't get offensive comments on my Vimeo like I do from YouTube because Vimeo has a smaller market. Vimeo also provides OTT services and the ability to sell videos I have created to those interested in my videomaking style.

Reasons for switching to Vimeo Pro

I made the switch from posting videos on YouTube to Vimeo because Vimeo seemed more professional for me as a videomaker. I was using Vimeo at the time to upload my animation reels but now, Vimeo is like a career option for me to hire a team and promote my brand products. I went from wanting to become an animator to a Vimeo brand promoter. It is always fun uploading my videos on Vimeo. I also don't get as many offensive comments on Vimeo as I do on YouTube. YouTube does not have good control over the offensive comments posted online.

Vimeo for Business

We are solving the problems of running out of storage space. This is a great way we can upload additional video. We also frequently need to send video elsewhere and we use Vimeo for that. Other businesses and platforms are able to easily see the video that we are sharing. The embed option is great! It's super easy to grab the code and go. You can also share a link to whatever video you upload right to your own social media page. This is easier than going through the trouble to directly upload a video to Facebook or Twitter which can clog their system. Vimeo Pro also gives you the option to see that "stats" on each individual video that you uploaded. It shows how many people have played your video, the impressions made, and the play rate. You can also link your Vimeo to Google Analytics to keep a closer eye. Mainly we just use Vimeo Pro for the uploading of videos itself.

Pros

We have been using Vimeo for your business for three years now and have never had any complaints. I work for a television news website and sometimes we need to upload additional video that our individual system does not support. That's when we turn to Vimeo. All of the videos we've uploaded have been crystal clear. We like that we're able to grab a code and paste it on our own website. It gives an option to link back to Vimeo but it isn't tacky and overwhelming. It looks neatly embedded onto our page while giving Vimeo the credit they deserve. We also like that you can customize links. This is great when we need to send a link to a video to someone who isn't in the immediate vicinity. We can change the privacy settings of Vimeo so only that person with the link can see it.

Cons

The only real complaint we have is that we tend to run out of storage space each week. Also, we wish there was a way to remove the large title off the top of the screen. An option to make it smaller or remove it altogether would be nice.

Amy

Easy way to create social media videos

We're able to edit together great videos quickly -- and get them downloaded and posted to socials much faster than we were previously able to with iMovie. We're not pro video editors and don't intend to be. The Vimeo platform has helped us create good work for our clients with a lot less headache... and all of our video content is saved within the platform, so we can easily go back and edit again for future take-downs. The first time I used Vimeo for video editing, it was intuitive enough that I was able to crank out a fun little brand anthem video for a client right on the spot.

Pros

Vimeo's video editor makes it easy to access stock video and music for making social media videos... and to post them to Vimeo and to social media platforms all from within the Vimeo platform. It's pretty easy to create a fairly pro-looking video and then take it down into multiple size/formats for social media posts and advertising. You can upload your own video clips and intersperse them with the stock imagery. There are some simple filters and templates to get you started. One of the coolest features is that the platform intuitively edits the music to match the length of your video... If you start with a :60 piece and then edit to :30 or :15, etc., the music is automatically re-edited to match the length.

Cons

It's expensive. Accessing brand fonts and colors requires a business subscription, which is $50/mo paid annually. There's not a month-to-month option. As a small agency testing the waters, we opted for a smaller package, and the features are quite a bit less. The "basic" fonts and color choices are really pretty limited. The video editing tool is very basic, which is both great but also be limiting. You can't preview your video from the main editing screen. It can take a couple or minutes or more to "render" the video for previewing. Not a deal-breaker at all, just a thing.

Reasons for switching to Vimeo Pro

Vimeo's platform and editing tools make it so simple to edit together a great video and then publish--and store it-- all from inside Vimeo. It's saved us a ton of time. We've created a lot more videos for our clients.

Braden

Industry: Machinery

Better for Controlling Content

Overall, I think this is a great video service for professional organizations. I believe other platforms such as YouTube, DailyMotion, or Vevo all have value adds but where Vimeo Pro steps in is the ability to control your content. Additionally, it allows you to connect those additional accounts to provide more outlets for content if you so choose!

Pros

The biggest value add we see in Vimeo Pro is the ability to control the display of your content. Vimeo Pro has a number of customizable sharing features that are much more specific than competitor sites such as YouTube. With Vimeo, any video material that might be sensitive we can control linkage and who sees it, even going as far as to allow for password protecting specific videos. We do share some proprietary media, and being able to house the finished product in the cloud and share with intended parties, thus keeping our hardware less cluttered, is awesome. Additionally, Vimeo Pro HAS NO ADS! That goes a long way to having a more professional presentation to embedded and linked videos.

Cons

Although we are pro users, we did not start out as such. The biggest issue is now mute, but that in order to facilitate live events you have to be a pro user and there are paid tiers below that. YouTube offers streaming and the ability to go live as a free service for all members with an account. On Vimeo, I have to be a pro user in order to access more than the demo of the live service. Again since it is a much more controlled platform that is not necessarily a glaring objection given accessibility is the greatest competitive advantage Vimeo has, however in 2021 this seems like something that should be a native open source feature more than reserved strictly for pro members.

Reasons for switching to Vimeo Pro

Mostly the advertisements, as they have increased we wanted to find an alternative that was inexpensive but had no ads and allowed for better content control.

Excellent Video Hosting

Vimeo is one of the longest-tenured video hosting services. They have done a good job continually modernizing in the face of more competition from new startups. Cost is low to get all of the sharing and privacy features. We use Vimeo for internal and external videos, training videos, product demos, storing recorded meetings, and more - and we've had a consistently great experience.

Pros

Vimeo Pro is feature-packed but still fairly intuitive to use. There are a number of privacy and sharing options, and Vimeo is great for setting up professional-looking video libraries for your organization. I also appreciate that they are on top of new and emerging services like live video streaming. It also integrates well with social media and other web services.

Cons

Vimeo Pro cost is reasonable, but there are free and cheap options out there. Live streaming is a fairly expensive add-on (but may be worth the cost for reliable streaming to a large audience).

Secure professional video portal

I had to move a video library of 120+ videos from an FTP server to a video hosting platform. We selected Vimeo, and couldn't be more thrilled. It was very secure and parsed uploaded files into multiple deliverables so customers would get the video sized right for the device they were using to access the video. The biggest testament to how much we believed in Vimeo is that our video library moved from just over 120 when we moved onto Vimeo to close to 700 videos in 1.5 years. We had thousands of customers accessing custom content, but never had a security breach (we could see the failed attempts from some hacking centers across the world).

Pros

Vimeo exceeded all expectations. When uploading videos, Vimeo would fork the file into multiple deliverables to have options to provide each user with the optimum file for their device/bandwidth. The security features were excellent. You can define passwords for videos or set specific sites that videos can be played on, but blocked from all others. There were other Intro and Outtro features that can be set with the tool (we didn't use this, but were aware of the capability). The analytics dashboard provided key details on video consumption. This allowed us to gather key information on what videos were successful and what made videos successful.

Cons

The one thing I would love to see offered by Vimeo is the ability to create a playlist of videos into a coordinated sequence or set of videos around a topic.

Stuart

Better Than YouTube or Daily Motion...But It Should Be Because You Pay For It

The couple of times I've contacted Customer Service have resulted in IMMEDIATE responses...usually in less than an hour. The quality of the video streams are far superior to YouTube and Daily Motion and I like the ability to link Vimeo videos to my Roku TV channel. They provide an excellent "hosting" and storage outlet.

Pros

I really like the non-filtering aspect of Vimeo - they in essence let you upload and post anything you want when you have a Pro account. Because they do not get the volume of hits YouTube gets, your videos are less likely to get nitpicked to death by automatic filters that sometimes call claim to something that is definitely not owned by someone else. I've stopped posting my videos on YouTube for the most part because of their constant unwarranted, incorrect claims on MY OWN material. With Vimeo, this is not an issue.

Cons

Their are only a couple of drawbacks. The first is Vimeo's processing time. Once a video is uploaded, it seems like it takes a very long to post once it's processed on Vimeo's side. The longer the video, the longer the processing (obviously), but it does seem to lag behind YouTube and Daily Motion. Still, the service and quality Vimeo offers is far superior...and again, that's because you pay for it. But I have no problems with paying because the service and quality are so good. The second issue is minor - if you want your videos to reach the widest audience, the typical search engines (Google, Yahoo, etc.) do not seem to pick up the Vimeo links as often as their YouTube results. Again, this is a minor issue for me.

Adam

This Vimeo Pro platform is valuable, it does good things!

We wrote a whole website around it at one point, we are in the video production business and we wanted our videos "play everywhere" with hassle or bandwidth limits. We even had a Christmas video go viral. Vimeo handled our swelling viewership like a champ with no extra fees or charges of any kind. We got tens of thousands of views.

Pros

This video platform is valuable, it does good things. At first, I was a little put off and I asked myself why can't I just host these video on Youtube for free? Why should I pay for this service every month. Vimeo does some pretty great things, first and foremost, Vimeo is discreet, it doesn't add commercials before OR after your videos. You videos get full attention and you control what the end user sees. This is perfect for hosting videos on a corporate website or small Wordpress site. You can even customize how the player looks and where the videos are allowed to play. Other paid sites cost much more for the same features.

Cons

The internal user interface can be clunky at times, you can sometimes get lost in there. But in general, it works well and allows you to save presets on some things that make consistency easier. i.e every video has the same qualities.

Reasons for switching to Vimeo Pro

JW Player was not able to provide a path moving forward that was stable or consistent either from a platform perspective or a billing perspective. We found Vimeo Pro to be much more mature in these areas.

M. Serhat

No need to setup a media server when you have Vimeo

While I was working in the distance education industry, migrating to the Vimeo (from Red5 media server) was the smartest decision we've ever made. By migrating to Vimeo we saved thousands of dollars.

Pros

Ease of use, very cheap prices considering problems the product is solving, user-friendly UI, support for 4K videos, fast video processing, amazing customer support, branding features, neat integration with other software, unlimited video storage.

Cons

Nothing to be honest. We have been using Vimeo as our main media storage/service since 5 years and we have been extremely happy with the product.

Reasons for choosing Vimeo Pro

Rich features, ease of use and cheap prices.

Vimeo pro is more than a video hosting platform

I've used Vimeo for a few years now and it has greatly increased my business's professionalism on my videos and how clients and potential customers can view and interact with my videos.

Pros

Vimeo Pro is not cheap, but it gives you a lot of great features. You have 7TB of space to upload videos, you have great tools to control where your content can be viewed and saved, there are review tools for client videos , online video creation tools and a video capture plugin for your browser so you can make your own screen capture videos. There's also access to live stream studio, which is professional level streaming software.

Cons

It is expensive if you're not using all of the tools regularly. The cost comes out to $75/month which is much more expensive than 'free' which is what hosting videos on YouTube would cost.

Reasons for choosing Vimeo Pro

The main reason that made me use Vimeo Pro is that I needed a good live streaming tool for streaming events.

Vincent Po

Industry: Information Services

Decent video hosting with some minor caveats

Pros

Vimeo's main competitors like Wistia cost so much more and for small businesses, most can't afford Wistia. Vimeo has been a fine option for video hosting, good value for money.

Cons

We have clients from all over the world and we found out later on that some clients couldn't view the video's hosted on Vimeo. We found out that Vimeo is banned in some countries, while that's not really their fault per se, but it is a pain in the butt as we didn't really have alternative options for video hosting for those countries.

Reasons for switching to Vimeo Pro

We realised Amazon S3 wasn't optimized for delivering video content (yes, we could use their Elastic cloud front but we preferred going with a provider that specialised in video and handled all the video conversion elements which Amazon doesn't handle).

Jenny

I've used Vimeo Pro as a video reviewing program while working in advertising and tech.

Pros

What I like best about Vimeo Pro are the strong control / privacy features and the video review features. Being able to control password protection, link expirations and video downloadability add so much relief when sharing and reviewing sensitive video content. The content is so secure and early versions of videos that aren't final yet don't have to be downloaded by people that shouldn't be given access to download them. I've worked in advertising and tech and I'd much rather share early rounds of video content via Vimeo Pro vs. WeTransfer or another video sending / sharing program since I can protect against their ability to download the file and accidentally use it later or confuse it for a final. So, quality control and version control are made easier simply by having the program be protected, filterable and secured. Version control is made even clearer via video review pages where you can compare video versions and detail differences among videos and even add timestamped notes right within these videos to detail these said differences. For working in video production, Vimeo Pro is top notch and really helps streamline, clarify and consolidate videos in development.

Cons

This isn't necessarily something I dislike but just a truth to share after videos are final my teams and I have always moved our videos to YouTube and social media vs. hosting them on Vimeo since YouTube is more universally used. My teams have known you can link Vimeo videos to YouTube, etc. and even initiate paid advertising through the Vimeo portal but for videos on YouTube and other channels but that always seemed like too much work / not worth it when you can go handle business with YouTube directly.

Brent

Amazing for what it does. Few rival it.

Pros

We've used Vimeo Pro and Vimeo Plus plans for many years. Super customizable for embeds on sites and great stats.

Cons

1) There is no customization on ALL player controls or colors in embeds, just most. If you want an auto-play video with no progress bar or overlays, look elsewhere. 2) They abide by strict DMCA copyright rules. If you have a video flagged as copyrighted 3 times, you are banned. We had 2 violations at the same time from another user due to an old ex-employee re-uploading a file for internal use and making it public. We then (like 7 years later) got flagged for a song or something and were told we had a few days of read only access to download nearly a decade's worth of content before they deleted it. WHAT?!?! No appeal process or anything. No phone number. We sent an email (the only option) which was ignored. We finally found someone on the phone who seemed surprised we had found them and managed to find out how to get one of the originally DMCA complainants to remove their complaint. Now we live on a "1-strike and we lose it all" reality. Whiff. Seems there should be some method of complaints expiring after so many years or something to avoid punishing long time users at the same rate as new users. We could open a new account, but we'd lose thousands of videos we've created. How is that fair? I get copyright protection and all, but youtube's approach is more civil.

Vimeo Pro