• Pros

• "It is easy to manage and very user friendly. It did not take long for me learn how to navigate. Love it as it makes my job so much easier!"

• "I like the ease of using the product. Nicely organized."

• "I am most impressed by the availability of apps for multiple platforms. Each of them offer the same ease of use and continuity."

• Cons

• "At times, we have members who have a hard time receiving BB emails. It's usually a problem on their end, but it can be a hassle."

• "In the beginning there were some hitches, better now. "

• "We didn't like the way the book's agenda would always bounce back to the top as you add items requiring you to constantly scroll back down to where you left off."

Browse BoardBookit Reviews

Randy from Hawaii Youth Symphony

Industry: Music

Organize Board Communications & Power-Up Board Meetings

Fabulous company; you can always get someone on the phone and speak directly to a product manager who can resolve your issues. They are responsive, friendly, professional, and quick.

Pros

Boardbookit has really helped me to centralize my board communication, our documents (financial statements, board packets, reports), attendance taking, poll taking, and more. You are able to easily assign user permissions, organize users into committees, assemble multiple documents into a printable PDF, and more. I especially like that you can deactivate users without deleting them—ideal if your organization has board members that rotate-off when termed-out, but return the subsequent year. The mobile app on iOS is fantastic; even better than the website itself. Our board is always ready and prepared when they come to meetings, thanks to BoardBookit!

Cons

I've encountered a few bugs, but every time I write to Boardbookit about them, they correct them or find me a workaround. I don't have any complaints about the software at all.

Darlene from CZS - Brookfield Zoo

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Feature-Rich, Best in Class

Excellent, absolutely excellent. The sales process was terrific, onboarding was phenomenal, ongoing training and support are top-notch, and feature development is continuous. The BoardBookit portal itself is exactly what our Board members and the Board liaison needed, easy to use and feature-rich. The price point is also excellent for our organization, with BoardBookit, onboarding, support, and training included in the annual subscription price. Excellent tool, excellent company.

Pros

BoardBookit has top-notch, US-based support 24x7 for admin users and Board Member/end users. All support calls by our organization have been handled excellently. Training sessions are provided by BBi professionals directly to end users, anytime, anywhere. BoardBookit is a women-owned, women-led company whose sole focus is on meeting the needs of Board managers and Board members. The BBi end-user interface is accessible via computer, tablet, or mobile device; our Board members find it easy to access and intuitive to use. Our Board Liaison is able to set up, configure, and administrate BBi without assistance from internal IT support. This is an AMAZING testament to BBi's ease of use and excellent product design.

Cons

BoardBookit is always adding and developing features and functionality, their product road map is full of great enhancements. The reporting and survey features are relatively new to BoardBookit, which we are happy to have available. Both surveys and reporting deserve more robust functionality, which I believe is already on the BBi road map.

Reasons for Choosing BoardBookit

The features available in BoardBookit met or exceeded our requirements in every category. The alternative products evaluated in our RFP only met a sub-set of criteria in every instance and/or were difficult to administer or use. And the cost of two competitors far outpaced our budget.

Kathy from Bredin Centre for Learning

Fine - don't have anything to compare to because this is the first time I am part of a Board.

Pros

A common place to store all board documents

Cons

Not sure, this is the first type of board software I have used.

Response from BoardBookit

Replied July 2020

Kathy, Thank you for leaving us a review! I'm glad you've been able to use the board portal for document storage and sharing. If you have any questions about how you could improve your use of the portal, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team! We want to make sure that you are having a great experience with BoardBookit. Thanks again!

Heather from Idaho State Civic Symphony

Game Changer

We had looked at different options - password protected portal on website (too cumbersome to keep updated); Google docs (cumbersome, and not easy to manage); Boardable - cost/features were limited

Pros

Given the remote nature of my board members, this tool has proved indispensable! They receive alerts, notices, access to all documents and meeting schedules from any device. Storage of historical documents has saved me so much time in not having to respond to one-off requests. Easy to use/learn.

Cons

I would like to be able to have tracking in emails sent/opened; ability to edit offline votes; tasks are cumbersome to enter/manage; esignatures are very limiting -ie: I need one approval, and could be any one of three signers, but requiring all three to sign is cumbersome.

Working well for a 12-member board

Pros

Keeps everything in one place, securely. I particularly like that, e.g. access to committee meeting agendas or related documents are automatically restricted to committee members. BoardBookit has good functions for managing meeting agendas, and new ones like votes, polls, and tasks have been added since we started using the product.

Cons

There are two functions I would like to see added or adjusted. One is that there is no way to post a link individually or in a group, e.g. to share relevant articles with board members, or to link to a shared Google doc or drive. Links must be added to a document and then posted. The second is that for ease of management, ability to write notes on, etc., all uploaded/posted documents including Excel files are converted to pdf format. But sometimes I want to securely share other types of files with the board, e.g. financials in a spreadsheet to be manipulated by other committee or board members.

Reasons for Choosing BoardBookit

We had been trying to use a Google Site, but it really wasn't tailored or featured enough for board use, just a series of folders. We looked at Diligent Boards which a consultant had recommended, and BoardBookit, which one of our independent directors had used and liked on another board. BoardBookit offered most of what Diligent had, but with better price/performance than Diligent Boards - we are a small company with a relatively limited set of needs.

Response from BoardBookit

Replied October 2019

HI! Thank you for reviewing BoardBookit. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoy the agenda, votes, polls, and task functionality! The ability to embed URL's into BoardBookit is on our roadmap, expect to see it in the future. I will be sure to pass your other request on to our team. Thanks again!

Desirée from Meritan, Inc.

Excellent value for the price

This has been an excellent way to streamline our governance operations and keep sensitive documents secure.

Pros

This software does an excellent job at providing a high amount of functionality with an intuitive interface, on both the user-facing end and on the admin-facing end. This is very important because many of our users are late adopters to technology. The designers of the software clearly had a keen understanding of their audience and what their needs are. This software meets our basic needs and at a fair price.

Cons

The software's functionality is, in many ways, "silo-ed." So, for instance, if you upload a document to one area of the board portal, you also have to upload it to every other place you'd like for it to appear. In other words, you can't effectively link to or refer to information stored on different parts of the portal. Also, we have two affiliate companies under an umbrella company -- there's no real way on the portal to delineate this on the portal; it is primarily set up for one sole organization.

Reasons for Choosing BoardBookit

They offered the right blend of functionality and value for the price point exceeding the functionality of others at a similar price point or lower. To gain more functionality, we would have had to pay 3-5 times the price.

Response from BoardBookit

Replied October 2019

Hi Desiree! Thank you so much for taking the time to review BoardBookit. Thank you for the wonderful compliment to our user experience and developers regarding the intuitive interface. I will definitely pass that along. I will also pass along your feedback regarding the silo-ed feel of the portal. Thanks again!

Jacki from AAA Western and Central New York

My worklife is soooo much easier!

The best experience -- right from the beginning -- is the support. If we can't figure it out on email, someone calls and we set up an appointment to get it right. Everyone has been friendly from the very beginning.

Pros

1) "Cloning" meetings and agendas 2) Emailing right from the site to our Board members 3) All of our Board members took to the site at the first meeting 4) Presentations are done right from Bookit now instead of working back and forth with Powerpoint and printed materials; we just project Bookit to the screen 5) No more dealing with Adobe; which is not always user friendly with Excel documents

Cons

1) Agenda formatting; but we have a workaround; I wish there was a way to reduce/increase font size, margins, and the ability to put spacing inbetween agenda items.

Reasons for Choosing BoardBookit

Price and the ability to add unlimited users at no extra cost

Response from BoardBookit

Replied October 2019

Hi Jacki! Thank you for the BoardBookit review. We absolutely love to hear that our Support Team has been able to provide you such good service. It is also great to know that you are enjoying the portal functionality, I will be sure to pass on your agenda formatting suggestions to our team. Thanks again!

Derrick from First Savings Bank

New user

Consistently locating votes for various committees which removes the clutter in our emails.

Pros

The ability to create and record votes was the primary driver behind our decision to purchase this software.

Cons

The two biggest cons are the inability to clone votes and the voting output. We are having to create votes that always have the same 4 voting options. We are also using a screen swipe for the final votes. When using the print options the only option for the vote is to have the word "Yes" in the column for the vote. So, when you setup the votes with options such as "No, Decline, Deny"etc the output shows as "Yes." This has confused some of our voters resulting in a necessary explanation that it means "Yes, I voted for 'No'" The screen swipe uses simple checkmarks in the same columns which is far less confusing.

Reasons for Choosing BoardBookit

The enterprise wide pricing option was superior for our bank and reduced the concern about deploying the software over time vs. all at once. The voting options were at least equal to the NASDAQ options and were superior to CSI in our assessment.

Phyillicia from NAACP Legal Defense Fund

Best Online Portal!

BoardBookit has given us the tools to distribute our board materials and documents; not only electronically but safely! The system has also allowed our managers to E sign materials before deadlines. It has truly been as great addition to our organization.

Pros

Ease of Use Security PDF Sharing capabilities

Cons

I don't really have any cons just a suggestion about the time entry on the agenda if it could update with the hour and minutes. For example if I place 10 minutes unto the time frame it would put 9:00am-9:10AM on the agenda. We manually type this out but other than that this system is great!

Reasons for Choosing BoardBookit

The customer service as well as user friendly abilities. We have a lot of senior board members that would still need to access materials remotely. Board Book It's portal and app were the easiest to use.

Response from BoardBookit

Replied October 2019

Hi Phyillicia! Thank you for your kind words. We love to hear that you are enjoying the ease of our portal. It is also great to hear that our functionality and security have been good assistance for your organization. Thanks again!

Justin from The Chamber For a Greater Chapel Hill-Carrboro

Collision of Effectiveness and Efficiency

The ease of implementation and use combined with the cost effective solution offered, I would recommend this to any non-profit.

Pros

The ability to streamline our board communications, meeting materials and scheduling is amazing. With the platform being accessible via web browser on any computer and via app for most mobile devices, implementation has been quick and seamless. The setup was smooth and ease of use has been great for our board of directors.

Cons

The only limitation we've found thus far is the lack of integrated video. Having to use another tool to host our virtual meetings adds a layer of complexity, but we're hopeful that BoardBookIt will soon release a video solution for an even better experience.

Reasons for Choosing BoardBookit

The small non-profit rate offered to our size of organization.

Carolyn from Sewickley Public Library

Industry: Libraries

I appreciate BB, but would appreciate a BB Lite for a smaller organization

Sometimes BB is easy and I very much appreciate that BB has helped me reduce paper. Sometimes it’s frustrating with too many options and with the use words that are not intuitive to me. Perhaps a menu of steps with links for the appropriate need of each user would be helpful. I do not always find the user’s manual helpful at all. If I’m stuck, I’m usually stuck because BB and I have different understanding of the words being used in the program so I don’t find my answer anyway. When

Pros

I appreciate the fact that all pertinent Board documents can be on just one piece of software. This helps me to deliver and maintain information for my board members, both existing members and new members, and to tell them that all of the financials, minutes, bylaws, etc. are in one place. Loading documents from my desktop and folders is very easy and I am so grateful for this. If you can speak with a customer service representative, I have found them to be extremely helpful.

Cons

I have the hardest time publishing the board packet. I slide the button to publish and I think I have emailed the link to my board members to access the packet. Not! I start getting calls the next day from board members asking where the packet is. Since I only publish once a month I forget how to do it from month to month. I understand this may be my limitation and not Board Bookit’s fault. However, who would know it’s a two-step process? Publish is publish! I find it difficult to start a new agenda without the board being notified or being asked to confirm the meeting date. This is totally unnecessary in our case as our board has the same exact meeting date every month. How do you bypass these options? Our bylaws do not provide an option for voting remotely. I have suggested to Board Bookit that they should have Board Bookit Lite, a program without all of the bells and whistles of the full blown program. I don’t communicate with my board through BB, we use email. No one wants to log in all of the time for updates when emails are quicker and easier to open. As an organization with under 50 employees, a board that is busy with their jobs and families and lives, Board Bookit provides all of us an easy way to have a monthly meeting.

Pramastuti from General Association of DSDA

Life can be easier!

Preparing Board Book become easy! Making an Announcement to all the members are quick! Voting, sending ballot, annotation, etc. were extraordinary!

Pros

Save your time and energy! Very easy to prepare an Agenda for the board meeting, even if it changes in very last minutes. Easy to manage multiple Board Meeting too. Boardbookit is the only Portal System that give you all the benefit of Board Portal System with affordable price. It is really a blessing for us as a non-profit company. Thank you Boardbookit! Keep do it!

Cons

When preparing meeting agenda our custom is to leveling the items with Romans capital first, then Capital Alphabet then numbers for example: I. Minutes 1. 2. II. Report 1. ......... I wonder if I can customize it. thanks

Reasons for Choosing BoardBookit

Unlimited users, affordable price!

Response from BoardBookit

Replied October 2019

Hi Pramastuti! Thank you for the wonderful review. It is great to hear that you find our portal easy to use and that it saves your time and energy. Someone from BoardBookit will be reaching out to you very shortly to address how you are able to change the numbering of your agenda. Thanks again!

Greg from Village Theater Company

Easy to Learn and Use

We don't have paid staff to help administer board activities to managing board activities would be very burdensome to board members to handle such work. Our board is all volunteers to it's important we make it easy for them. And Board Bookit helps us to achieve that goal.

Pros

Non-profit boards often have members who are reluctant to let go of the old ways - namely paper. The greatest thing about BoardBookit is that it's so, so easy to learn and use. Our less digitally-savvy board members picked it up so quickly and, initially reluctant, now love it. The 24/7 customer care is also great.

Cons

I'm struggling to think of anything. Every new release brings new useful features, so if pressed to come up with some negatives, I suppose bringing out new features faster.

Reasons for Choosing BoardBookit

Overall user experience. Particularly didn't like the Diligent mobile user interface. BoardBookit was much more user friendly.

Response from BoardBookit

Replied May 2019

Hi Greg, Thank you for your positive review! It's great to hear that BoardBookit made it easier for your board to adopt paperless board meetings and are loving it! We're always working hard to get our newest feature updates out faster, so stay tuned! Thanks again!

Michael from Charlotte Regional Visitors Authority

Review of BoardBookIt

We wanted to improve access to information for our Board and Staff. BoardBookit helped us accomplish this.

Pros

It has become a great archive of information for our Board and Staff. The product is easy to use, both from the administrator and client standpoints. BoardBookit presents information in an easy to access manner. Board Members who attend meetings by phone now have an easy way to see the same information being discussed in the meeting location.

Cons

As a public agency, all of our information is subject to North Carolina Public Information Law. BoardBookIt does not offer a feature where members of the general public can easily access the information we present in board and committee meetings. We been forced to duplicate our work in BoardBookIt to place the same information on our corporate website.

Response from BoardBookit

Replied May 2019

Hi Michael, Thank you for reviewing BoardBookit! We're happy to hear that we have improved access to information for your board and staff members. We'll also pass along your comments to our engineering team for future updates and enhancements. Thanks again!

Michael from Pilchuck Glass School

A robust, yet simple to use board platform

I serve a 40-member board of trustees who are geographically diverse and have varying degrees of technical skills. Some are still using flip phones. I purposely selected this platform because it has the simplest user interface and is fairly easy to navigate even for the most dedicated Luddite. Prior to introducing Board BookIt, our board had no online platform and all communication was done via telephone or email. Board BookIt has streamlined a number of processes and has empowered our board to be more effective trustees.

Pros

I like the ease of use. Once one agenda has been built in the system, there is the ability to import that agenda into a future meeting to utilize as a template. This is a great time-saver. I like the ability to import previous minutes into an agenda. I like that it tallies RSVPs and attendance for me. The survey, vote, and e-signature features have been a great asset for my 40-trustee, geographically-diverse board of trustees.

Cons

The Minutes interface is problematic and difficult to navigate. There is embedded formatting that is terribly uncooperative. I have found it is easier to type my minutes into Word and then copy and paste into the minutes template.

Reasons for Choosing BoardBookit

It offered the simplest user interface, which was critical for my generationally-diverse board who also have varying degrees of technical proficiency.

Debbie from Ohio REALTORS

BoardBookit Review

So far, it's mostly good. We are all still learning the ins and outs of it, but as an administrator, I think it is good.

Pros

I like that as an administrator I have the option to sign in as just a user so I can see what they see. I also like that I can create different roles for committee members based on their function within the committee. I also like that it restricts users from creating multiple accounts by using different email addresses. They have to create their log-in information using the email address we have and then they can change it. As a large trade association with over 33,000 members, this makes it easier to keep track of usage.

Cons

I think it is a little confusing for members based on if they use a mobile device or laptop/computer to log-in. The way things look in the app are different than they way the appear on a computer. Also, I don't like that the initial email inviting members to join may sometimes go to the junk folder.

Response from BoardBookit

Replied May 2019

Hi Debbie, Thank you for reviewing BoardBookit! It's great to hear that you're loving the ability to view the platform as a member and the ability to better keep track of board members! Feel free to contact our customer success team if you have any questions regarding your implementation or how to keep emails from moving to the junk folder! Thanks again!

Penny from Town and Country Bank

BoardBookit Review

My overall experience with BoardBookit has been very good. All meeting information is housed in one location with easy access to current and previous meeting documents in a secure environment. Our meeting information can be accessed through apple or android devices at any time.

Pros

What I like most about BoardBookit is how easy it was to get started and implement company wide. We use this software for all of our board and committee meetings. I like the fact that you can import previous agendas rather than starting each meeting from scratch. You can add documents when they become available as opposed to waiting until all documents are received to upload. If items need to be moved on the agenda, it's as easy as dragging and dropping where needed. BoardBookit is VERY user friendly. The customer support line is very helpful.

Cons

I haven't found anything that I do not like about this software.

Response from BoardBookit

Replied May 2019

Hi Penny, Thank you so much for your positive review! It's wonderful to hear that you have had such a successful implementation and found BoardBookit user friendly for every member of your board! Thanks again!

Anna from NCMC, Inc.

Industry: Executive Office

Streamlined my Process & made users happy

Pros

We have been using BoardBookit shortly after it came out. Prior to using BoardBookit, we created paper agendas w/accompanying documents which were FedExed to our Board. So much paper and time is saved. The Board likes using it, I like using it. I love that all the documents are now automatically archived and easy to find. We can fine tune the agenda until the last minute since we don't have to mail it anymore. I also like that the company is continually improving the product and customer service, which we rarely need because it is so easy to use, is always available.

Cons

In the beginning there were some hitches, better now.

Response from BoardBookit

Replied May 2019

Hi Anna, Thank you for reviewing BoardBookit! It's amazing to hear how much time and paper you're saving with BoardBookit! We're also happy to know that you're loving our secure document archive and our integrated features for last minutes changes. Thanks again!

Renee from Senior Services, Inc.

Recommended Highly

See answers above. All in all a very positive experience and a very helpful too.

Pros

Board Bookit is a powerful tool for managing and supporting non profit boards. It is easy to use and makes communication with Board members efficient. It has also been invaluable during the COVID-19 pandemic as we used Board Bookit during virtual committee meetings as well as our large our Annual Meeting. We particularly like that we don't have to send out packets of paper information that will only be left behind at the end of the meeting. Board members are able to peruse materials before and after meetings at their leisure.

Cons

While we can make former Board members inactive and invisible to new Boards, it would be nice to be able to archive former Board members so they don't remain in the ever growing user list that is seen by the administrator. In just a few years this list will become very large and difficult to navigate. I have shared this concern with consumer representative, but received no response.

Deanna from Bob Jones University

Happy Customer

The customer service is phenomenal! Each time I have a concern or question, they respond within minutes. We like the product so much that we just signed a contract for another three years. I also love the confidentiality the portal provides.

Pros

It is a web-driven software that offers efficient and confidential communication with our board members. Once a user is established, I don't have to coach anyone on how to use the software. We love the confidentiality the software provides to our sensitive communications. It is also easy to add or delete members and set them up in different groups. If a communication needs to go to just one particular group, I can merely select that group, and only that group will have access to the communication. Agendas and board meeting books are easy to set up for any confidential documents that need to be available prior to any meeting. As Administrator of our account, I can also look at the web portal as a user; this is helpful because the user screen is slightly different than the Administrator screen.

Cons

I can't think of any cons. I've raised two concerns with Board Book It, and they immediately addressed them so the cons don't exist anymore.

EJ from Alaska Public Media

I'm New But Up-to-Speed!

BoardBookit keeps everyone connected, without a bunch of emails! Everyone knows to check their meeting for uploaded documents and doesn't have to worry about meetings they are not a part of. You can limit the number of Notifications and Reminders sent. You are able to forward load the system and only publish the upcoming months meetings; again, relieving the members of multiple notices for dates they may forget about. I am more hands on and "control" the program tighter than my predecessor.

Pros

Learning curve is minimal for tech savvy and moderately savvy individuals.

Cons

Not being able to make adjustments and continue in the same location/document. Edit the Agenda and it takes you out of the Meeting document.

Reasons for Choosing BoardBookit

Response from BoardBookit

Replied October 2019

Hello EJ! Thank you for your BoardBookit review. We are thrilled that you've found our platform easy to learn. Your Customer Success Specialist will be reaching out to understand your feedback about editing the agenda so we can pass that on to our development team. Thank you!

Kapil from Orange County Academy of Sciences and Arts

Use BoardBookit for Brown-act compliant board meetings at charter school

Pros

BoardBookit has allowed our school to run more organized and efficient board meetings. We are able to put items on the agenda during the month. The software organizes all out attachments and creates PDFs of the agenda that we can post online and at our site. It also complies the full board book. Board members can go online and annotate the board book as they prepare for the meetings. During the meetings, we can project all the documents for the public.

Cons

Four things that would make this software perfect: 1. Presentation mode needs some improvement. The idea is that the presenter can control other board member's screens. 2. Public facing portal. Right now we have no connection between our website and BoardBookit. It would be great if Boardbookit could automatically publish agendas on the website. 3. A full screen option for attachments when projected. Right now, the full screen version doesn't actually fill the whole screen making detailed financials hard to see when projected. 4. Conferencing connection / audio recording. We record our meetings and often have a dial in number. It would be great if we could record and store audio recordings in board book it.

Response from BoardBookit

Replied May 2019

Hi Kapil, Thank you for taking the time to review BoardBookit! It's wonderful to hear that our platform has enhanced organization and made it easier to create board books! I'll be sure to pass along your suggestions regarding presentation mode, public facing options, and conference recording on to our engineering team for future updates!

Sandy from Servco Pacific Inc.

Greatest Time and Resource Saver

We are a large company with multiple committees and boards. We first utilized BoardBookit for the Board of Directors of our parent company, reducing costs of photocopying, binding and distributing meeting packets. When we saw how well it works, we quickly migrated all of our board and committee materials to BoardBookit. Everyone loves it.

Pros

This software is very user friendly and adaptable.

Cons

We honestly haven't found anything to not like about BoardBookit.

Reasons for Choosing BoardBookit

We selected BoardBookit based on pricing, ease of use, and great customer support. They haven't let us down, and hope we can continue this relationship for many years to come.

Response from BoardBookit

Replied October 2019

Hi Sandy! Thank you for taking the time to review BoardBookit. It is wonderful to hear that you find our portal user-friendly and adaptable. We are so glad you were able to quickly migrate all of your materials to BoardBookit. Thanks again!

Better and less expensive Board documents solution

Basically, BoardBookit makes it easy for Board members to prepare for meetings (and review what happened at previous meetings). And it saves staff time and money. Definitely worth a try if you’re a Board member or a staff person frustrated with your current Board documentation process!

Pros

I have been a Board member of for-profit companies and not-for-profit entities. Some of them compiled all their Board materials by hand and distributed them in hard copy and/or by email. Some of them used the Diligent software. For the staff, BoardBookit is far easier to implement and use than Diligent and is more efficient and secure than the old-fashioned manual process. And it costs less! For Board members, the BoardBookit interface is far more intuitive than Diligent and because it is designed to work on phones and iPads (whereas Diligent really is made for desktops or laptop computers), BoardBookit allows me to get all the materials when and where I need them.

Cons

It would be nice to have the ability to search within the text across a folder full of documents (maybe that is possible, but I haven’t figured out how).

Response from BoardBookit

Replied May 2019

Thank you for your positive and honest review of BoardBookit! It's wonderful to hear that a diverse professional as yourself thinks so highly of the BoardBookit platform. We're happy to provide you and your board with fully functional mobile solutions so your board materials are always available! We will pass along your suggestion regarding document searches within folders to our engineering team for future updates and enhancements! Thanks again!

James from Pittsburgh Life Sciences Greenhouse

Industry: Biotechnology

Board Life Made Simple

Prior to this software, people could say, I did not get that or see that. This software not only ensures it is accessible, but I can also tell if you opened it too. No more excuses.

Pros

Running a company requires a lot of legal documents, resolutions, board notes, etc. This software allows you to keep this information in one centralized place. Importantly, you can see the interaction of the individuals with the product to determine who is engaging and who is not. This allows for measurable correct action.

Cons

There is little in this software not to like, and I cannot offer a con that would make someone not buy the product. We are in economic development and have a large board. I make a video prior to each board meeting that is an executive summary of the upcoming board meeting. I like these videos to outside services to play the video. However, I would like the video to play in an embedded fashion on the site.

Response from BoardBookit

Replied May 2019

Hi James, Thanks for reviewing BoardBookit! We're happy that your board is more organized and engaged as a results of BoardBookit! We will also forward your suggestion regarding video hosting to the engineering team for future updates and enhancements!

Michael from Environmental charter school

Excellent easy To use board tool

It helped up streamline our communications and meeting management as well as increased our board accountability within the org by saving time for meeting minutes, attendance taking and reducing printing thus having a + impact on the environment

Pros

Very easy for all board members to learn and use.

Cons

Cannot click on active hyperlinks to virtual meeting invitations

Reasons for Choosing BoardBookit

Local company, great recommendation from word of moth of other colleagues on other boards.

Response from BoardBookit

Replied October 2019

Hello Michael! Thank you for taking the time to review BoardBookit. I am so happy to hear that our portal is easy. It is also really nice to know that we are able to increase your board efficiency. Please note that the ability to embed hyperlinks into the meeting details is on our roadmap, expect it in the near future. Thanks again!

Jessica from Columbia Land Conservancy

BoardBookit definitely helps us conserve a few resources

We save an enormous amount of time putting together our board meeting materials, our annual meeting materials and our orientation materials. Our trustees are very happy with the ability to access organizational materials on the fly. We do feel that added expenses is money well spent!

Pros

The fact that we have substantially reduced the need to print and mail materials; the ease with which staff can put together meeting agendas and materials. The portability of materials has been a plus for our trustees who are spread around the state.

Cons

The process to join and review the documents has proven to be difficult and it is too easy for user to get kicked out and then the struggle to rejoin becomes disruptive to the meeting. Really wish you could use it to poll trustees for meeting dates. Also, it would be really nice if notes that folks makes on the materials could be shared.

Response from BoardBookit

Replied May 2019

Hi Jessica, It's so wonderful to hear that BoardBookit has made it easier for you to compile and distribute board materials! Also, you actually can poll trustees for meeting dates. So, feel free to contact our Customer Success team and they can walk you through this functionality! Thanks again!

Rebecca from StreetGames UK

Simple and easy to use

We previously collated all the board and committee papers in a shared folder , then printed them all off. This was not the best use of staff time and resources. As per our procurement policy, we had quotes and demonstrations from 3 companies. BoardBookit was the best value for money for our organisation together with ease of use and the excellent customer service, it was a simple business decision to make. Once on-board, we still receive excellent customer service and regular contact, and even as we are in the UK, the response rate to emails etc. are exceptional.

Pros

The easy to use platform has been well received from both staff and Trustees of our Charity, we are a mix of of all ages and IT knowledgeable. BoardBookit is easy to use and has the resources that we can share with users to make their joining experience simple.

Cons

I find it hard to detail any cons. As we have not used anything like this previously, it is difficult to even compare.

Susanne from NCAIED

BordBookIt is Fantastic for Sharing Important Informaiton

Pros

BoardBookIt has changed the way we run our board meetings and share important documents with our Board of Directors. It is quick and easy to share reports, plan meetings and find relevant documents. BoarBookIt has streamlined many processes for our team and we no longer spend time searching for documents and re-sending them, everyone can find whatever they are looking for with ease.

Cons

It would be nice if there were sub folders in the financial documents section. I called support regarding this topic and the representative was able to help us with a work around. So this con is not not a big deal.

Response from BoardBookit

Replied October 2019

Hi Susanne. Thanks for the BoardBookit review. It is so exciting to hear that our portal has saved you time and has increased your Board efficiency. It is also great to know that our Support Team was able to assist you. I will be sure to mention your suggestion for the financials section to our team. Thanks again!

Terra from Roundbank

Love it

My experience has been great. Again the ease of use if amazing and I really like all the organization features that it has to offer.

Pros

The ease of use with this software is the best thing about it. I started this position almost 2 years ago and had never used anything like this or prepared board meetings. I was very easily self taught and that software is quite intuitive. If you think that is how it should work, that is how it works.

Cons

My only con with this product is the dragging new agenda items into place. When you have really long agendas, this can be a quite cumbersome process. Not a big deal, but it would be really nice to select where you want a new item nestled under when creating that new agenda item versus it going to the bottom then having to drag it all that way back to the top or wherever it goes.

Response from BoardBookit

Replied October 2019

Hi Terra! Thank you for the kind review! We are glad you find our portal to be intuitive. Someone from BoardBookit Support is going to reach out to you to discuss agenda building further, I think we may have a solution for you! Thanks again!

Karla from The First National Bank of Ottawa

Overall review

It has made like a lot easier now that I have everyone working on one system

Pros

We have all the meeting through out the bank in one place and it is easy to locate documents needed.

Cons

Converting agenda to minutes not user friendly at all you can not make them look good unless you copy and paste into a word document everything starts getting out of order need to be able to easily change positioning on the minutes.

Reasons for Choosing BoardBookit

Looked like what we needed and it was!

Helen from Pacific Administrators, Inc.

Industry: Executive Office

BoardBookit for Trustees

My overall experience has been great, the ease of using the system is awesome.

Pros

I like most is the central location of everything. The opportunity to expand and use more of the features of BoardBookit would be ideal for a paperless environment, making it more efficient and clean. Grateful for the support we have received to date from our rep, she has truly answered all of our questions and took our feedback to review for our needs. Appreciate that!

Cons

Awaiting the roll out of the "Survey" option. We do a lot of email polls and also require documents to be completed and signed by the trustees. The maximum currently on the vote option is 500 characters, while this seems like ample space it isn't for our needs. Some of the questionnaires we submit for completion have over 1,000 characters with multiple choice options. We are hoping with the Survey rollout, this would replace the "Vote" and "eSign" features with what we need.

Response from BoardBookit

Replied May 2019

Hi Helen, Thanks for taking the time to review BoardBookit! It's great to hear how much you're enjoying a central location for all of your board materials. Also, Surveys is launching very soon, so hang in there! Thanks again!

Tevita from Fiji National Provident Fund

Save Time, Save Paper - Go BoardBookit

Overall my experience has been greatly enhanced and allowed me to assist members and others in accessing the site. I have received calls from other organizations who have showed interest in using the site after hearing about us using it.

Pros

Gives us Secretariat the ability to digitally manage and document meeting papers without having to go through the manual process of printing, binding and distribution. it allows papers to be accessed from anywhere and saves us not only time and money but as well as the environment from printing large meeting folders.

Cons

There is nothing that I would say I dislike about the site. I'm still learning my way through it as well. Perhaps just a recommendation - if a field can be created where we can assign the department who is submitting for reporting purposes. This allows us to extract all papers submitted by a department or by function in a year. Pardon my ignorance if this is already available.

Response from BoardBookit

Replied May 2019

Hi Tevita, Thank you so much for your positive feedback! It's wonderful to hear how much time BoardBookit is saving you and your board. We've forwarded your thoughts to engineering regarding the reporting process for future updates and enhancements. Thanks again!

Robert from The Directors Guild

DGC Alberta District Council - Governance

The benefits I have noticed is there is one portal that you need to deal with anything related to your board and committees.

Pros

For years we have had problems trying to keep everything related to the board and committees at the tip of our fingers. When taking on my new position with the ADC one of the first tasks I took on was trying to bring a stronger sense of governance. I looked and tried several different types of software. We choose this software because of its ease of setting up. Once you have this completed the biggest problem is getting your board and committees on program.

Cons

The features I feel the software is lacking is tracking emails sent through the site to members.

Response from BoardBookit

Replied July 2019

Hi Robert, Thank you for your review! It's awesome to hear that BoardBookit has proved easy to use for your board members and helped you create a stronger sense of governance! We'll be sure to pass along your suggestion regarding email tracking to our engineering team for future updates and enhancements!

Scott from Scottsdale Bible Church

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Impressive

We now have everything in one place, which we never had before. instead of emailing 20 attachments to an emailed agenda, people can get it simple and easy every time.

Pros

Board Bookit is very easy and simple to understand and use, for the administrator as well as the regular user. Everything is in one place - works great!

Cons

Response from BoardBookit

Replied May 2019

Hi Scott, It's wonderful to hear that your board now has everything in one place with BoardBookit and it's easy to use for every member of your board! Thank's for the positive review!

Craig from Columbia Land Conservancy

Way Better Than Email

see above

Pros

Organizing volunteers is hard enough, and is made especially difficult by the email overload that we all face in 2019. The best thing about BoardBookit is that is allows Administration to sequester communications with boards, the VIP volunteer corps, directly and confidentially into a discrete digital space. No more hunting around for "that email with that agenda that that admin sent last month," or "did we set a time or the next committee meeting/who is attending," nor disengagement on the call-in because documents can be found. BoardBookit organizes all of these functions an much more into one shared experience.

Cons

For some reason, some emails generated in BoardBookit end up in some users' spam folders, which creates a necessity for alert/reminder redundancy that is annoying/inefficient. Probably just a user setting, and again these are volunteers who are already doing a lot and software ought to be seamless in order to keep them at their highest potential engagement.

Response from BoardBookit

Replied October 2019

Hi Craig! Thank you for the review. It is wonderful to hear that our portal is able to provide you organization as well as a shared experience, it sounds like you are making great use of the portal! In regards to emails going to spam folders, I will be sure to discuss this with my team. Thanks again!

Haley from Austin White Lime/ Robinson Family Management

New user

Sharing information with document uploads while setting permissions has been great.

Pros

It is very user friendly. From e-signatures, to votes, and document uploads, users are able to access these with minimal difficulty

Cons

That you cannot see a document that is out for signatures until everyone has signed. There is not a shared calendar (similar to Outlook)

Response from BoardBookit

Replied October 2019

Hi Haley! Thank you for the BoardBookit review. It is awesome to hear that you enjoy our portals eSignature, votes, and documents features! I will be sure to pass on the feature suggestion to our team! Please reach out to BoardBookit Support if you need anything. Thanks again!

Catherine from Girls on the Run Piedmont

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

User Friendly Board Portal that has Revolutionized our Board Process

Pros

BoardBookit allows us to store all our governance documents and communicate with our Board and staff all in one place. Setting up meetings and creating a Board agenda is so much easier with this software. We have also really appreciated the document signing and voting functionality. I also appreciate the willingness of the BoardBookit team to entertain new product enhancements.

Cons

The calendar in Board Bookit only shows meetings currently. I wish the software had a calendar that allowed Board tasks (e.g., review of the 990, budget review, etc.) to be listed on a published calendar. While larger organizations might not need something like that, for a small organization like ours, it would be helpful for all the members to see what’s coming up for the Board.

Response from BoardBookit

Replied May 2019

Hi Catherine, Thank you for your review! It's great to hear that your board is better organized and engaged with BoardBookit! We're also happy that you're loving our voting and eSignature functionality! We'll also pass along your suggestions to our engineering team for future updates and enhancements!

florence from FNPF

Boardbookit is awesome

The benefits of using Boardbookit is that: 1. saving cost on lot of paper as we used to print our board papers 2. saves a lot of time 3. user friendly 4. Board Members are able to access the papers at anytime and anywhere preferable 5. uploading last minute papers isn't a problem now because before we would have to deliver papers to the board members residence around late at night 6. saving cost of tonners 7. makes the compiling and organising of Board Meetings and papers so much easier and efficient.

Pros

I like that its so easy to use. its so user friendly and makes compiling of Board Papers so easy. I used to print all our board papers and had to manual number the pages and our Board Packages always consist of 350 pages and more and Board Bookie makes my work so much easier by generating the Agenda and numbering all the pages automatically. And the fact that the Board Papers are able to be accessed at any time and anywhere is really awesome:) It also automatically links the meeting date to outlook which sets as a reminder before the meeting which is really great. overall, I really love Boardbookit

Cons

probably the fact that we have to upload everything in PDF form and I usually sometimes have to upload presentations and excels sheets but I would have to save it first in PDF form before uploading. apart from that I have no further comments

Reasons for Choosing BoardBookit

This is the first product that we have used for our Meetings in the Fund

Response from BoardBookit

Replied October 2019

Hi Florence! Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review BoardBookit. It is so nice to hear that you find our portal to be easy and user-friendly. We enjoy knowing that you find great use of our functionality and that you love our product. I will be sure to speak with my team about being able to upload documents into the documents section that are not only just PDF's. Thanks again!

Kristin from Lake Regional Health System

New to BoardBookit

We have really cut cost and labor time with not having to make packets.

Pros

This product is so easy to navigate. I love the electronic signature function as well. Started using that too! I love the feature of automatic meeting reminders as well.

Cons

I wish that you could customize the admin features. For example, make one user an admin for certain committees but can still add users and new committees as well. Also, to be able to turn off printing and downloading documents only for a certain meeting versus all of them.

Reasons for Choosing BoardBookit

Admin was already using it so we decided to use it too.

SANDY from KERR COUNTY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION

Product Review

I enjoy the ease of uploading documents. The simplicity of using it makes it so covenant. I do have to spend much time teaching new user

Pros

It is very easy for my board . They haven't started using the voting part of the software yet, I hope to teach them this part next

Cons

I am not sure I have found anything that I do not like.

Reasons for Choosing BoardBookit

it was just a much easier product to navigate

Response from BoardBookit

Replied October 2019

Hello Sandy! Thank you for such a kind review. We are glad to hear that you and your board find that our portal is easy to use. Please feel free to reach out to BoardBookit Support when you have a new user, we will be more than happy to set up a training session with them to walk them through the portal! Thanks again!

Carl from Merritt Community Capital Corp

Great Board portal

Pros

Very easy to set up meetings and add/update content. Broad capabilities to store reference documents, do polls/surveys. Well liked by even our non-techie Board members. Very responsive customer support. Haven't yet used some of the other capabilities (e.g., live meeting presentation) but has everything we will need

Cons

The impact of settings isn't always clear (e.g., publishing an agenda vs publishing the meeting) so sometimes leads to a disconnect between what thought was sent to recipients vs what they got. Also many of our Board members still like printing a hard copy for travel and then join the meeting via conference call; unfortunately BoardBookit doesn't focus much on the printed book so makes it a bit more challenging (e.g., no page numbers in agenda)

Reasons for Choosing BoardBookit

Ease of use for administrator and users, broad features, support for web/mobile/print, customer support

Response from BoardBookit

Replied October 2019

Hi Carl! Thank you for the BoardBookit review. It is great to hear that you find our portal easy to use! We love to hear that your board members really like our product and that our Customer Support is able to assist you! Keep in mind that when you create an Agenda as a PDF it does include page numbers and the same for when you create a board book as a PDF. If you are struggling to see where that may be, please reach out to BoardBookit Support. Thanks again!

Tree from Native American Bank

Industry: Broadcast Media

Review of BoardBookit

We work within the Indigenous Communities and have our board members from Northern California to Alaska. It is very easy to keep in contact with all of them. It's nice to easily drop something in with immediate access if I missed something. Overall, this software makes life so much easier and helps me be the hero in the end. Always a successful meeting thanks to BoardBookit.

Pros

Cons

The only thing I can think of is putting in a link. I can't just add it, I have to put it in word and then attach it.

Reasons for Choosing BoardBookit

This product was already being utilized when I started in my position. Couldn't imagine using anything else.

Response from BoardBookit

Replied October 2019

Hi Tree! Thank you for taking the time to review BoardBookit. We are happy that you are having such a good experience with our portal. The ability to embed URL's into BoardBookit is on our roadmap, expect to see it in the future! Please reach out to BoardBookit Support with any assistance needed. Thanks again!

Becky from Alderson Broaddus University Board of Trustees

A life saver

Our experience has been positive overall. BoardBookit support has been very good. Although it takes a little time to get used to the system, you can become functional on it without a huge effort.

Pros

It’s been relatively easy to implement. We have never used a tool like this and our board consists of varying ages and abilities. Nearly everyone is up and running with it, and it already saves time and aggravation in accessing and sharing information, conducting votes, etc.

Cons

Doesn’t allow a multi-day meeting. Our board meetings run from Friday evening through noon Sunday and we have to set up three separate meetings to accommodate this.

Response from BoardBookit

Replied May 2019

Hi Becky, Thank you for your honest review! We are so happy to hear that BoardBookit was easy to implement for your board with diverse ages and saving you time. BoardBookit is always taking the honest feedback of our customers seriously when enhancing our platform, so we will forward your concerns about multi-day meetings to our engineering team. Thanks again!

Jean from First Utah Bank

They actually listen!

Recommendations for various enhancements to Boardbookit's functionality were submitted. Within a very short period of time Boadbookit's team reached out to us to clarify our concerns and then took steps to implement changes to enhance the user experience. They are always friendly, professional, and attentive to improving the software.

Pros

The ease of use of this software over the prior board book software used by our company has made my life easier when it comes to the monthly compilation of our Board books. Also the pricing is much more in line with the level of our needs and usage.

Cons

Response from BoardBookit

Replied May 2019

Hi Jean, Thank you for the wonderful review! We're happy that BoardBookit has enhanced the way to compile board books for your monthly meetings! As always, we will forward your concerns about the agenda scrolling to our engineering team for future updates and enhancements. Thanks again!

Deborah from WQED Multimedia

BoardBookit has made our board so much more efficient and support is phenomenal!

BoardBookit saved us time and made the jobs of the admins who manage the board easier. It also helped us to get more benefit from our board members because they were happier and well-prepared. Also, for a while, we really wanted phone apps to accompany the iPad and Android apps. But those have been released now.

Pros

After four years of using BoardBookit, I could list a ton of pros. First, we were able to make the switch quickly and with little issue. Learning to use the portal for both our admins and board members was simple and the BoardBookit team walked us through any questions or concerns we had about moving our current process into the portal. BoardBookit has allowed us to manage our meeting materials with such ease and it has cut down significantly on the time we used to spend on meeting prep. It's also really helped our board members because they have access to reference materials that they previously had to request from us.

Faye from Healthcare Initiative Foundation

No Hassle Set-up

It has been great for our quarterly Board Meetings. I can go in and pull data from past reports. Duplication is easy, I don't have to re-create the report set-up for the next meeting, its already there for me to edit for upcoming meetings.

Pros

I love BoardBookit because it eliminates the hassle of having to set up a meeting packet. its very easy to fill-in and download, then distribute. Its also very easy to edit and delete information.

Cons

I really don't have any. the first time I used it, I was never confused with the steps or how to maneuver through the various sections.

Reasons for Choosing BoardBookit

The person to whom I report to directly thought that this products best suit the needs for a small entity as well as being very easy to use.

Response from BoardBookit

Replied October 2019

Hi Faye! Thank you so much for the kind words about BoardBookit. We love to hear that our portal has given you ease when creating board meetings. If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to BoardBookit Support. Thanks again!

Mary from The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi

Went looking for a good board portal and found it in BoardBookIt

We are extremely satisfied with BoardBookIt, both the software itself and the support we've received, which is spot on in terms of timeliness and courtesy.

Pros

It may be an over-used term, but BoardBookIt is super user-friendly, both for administrators and users. I appreciate that the developers continue to add features to make it more robust, such a e-signature.

Cons

Board members complain that they get logged out during board meetings. Our meetings last several hours, so that may be part of it, but it is frustrating when they try to keep their screen up and it goes dark due to lack of activity.

Jessica from Lake Regional Health System

Good, funtional option for organizations

It is a good fit for our organization and our board members like have easy access to different documents such as monthly financials and budgets without having to email someone every month.

Pros

Easy and functional software to use for multiple meetings and users. You can pull the agendas forward and not need to recreate new agendas every month. The ability to contact users within the portal is nice - reminders are a great feature.

Cons

Privacy within users and meetings could be better. There needs to be a level between administrator and user. Need to have the ability to save documents you use in meetings every month within the system so you don't have to upload each time.

Response from BoardBookit

Replied May 2019

Hi Jessica, Thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you're loving BoardBookit's functionality and agenda creation! We'll pass along your suggestions to our engineering team for future updates. Also, our Customer Success team is always available to walk you through some great BoardBookit tips!

Demetra from C200

Useful Software for Boards

Pros

Ease of use, value, central area to share information that can also be downloaded as a PDF or viewed directly from the agenda.

Cons

Inability to load more than one file per agenda item. Inability to select separate group/committee among a single meeting for material access. (ex. Executive session in a board meeting - cannot remote staff from viewing those materials and rather have to set it up as a separate meeting)

Response from BoardBookit

Replied July 2019

Hi Demetra, Thank you for reviewing BoardBookit! We're happy to hear that you've found our platform easy to use and sharing information is a breeze. Also, BoardBookit does allow you to separate out the sections of a board meeting by group. Feel free to contact our Customer Success Team- we'd love to walk you through that functionality!