All Business Hangouts Reviews

Elyes

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Business Hangouts Review

PROS

The integration of hangouts with the pack of google Gsuite is a huge plus.Business hangouts let you in interact with all your team easily.

CONS

The integration with the IT development tool is kind missing in business hangouts.

Brian

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed December 2019

My team likes Business Hangouts

When I need to share my screen with a remote member of my team, we are connected in seconds. We've successfully had meetings with dozens of remote participants. We did hit a limit once, with too many remote participants.

PROS

My team uses Business Hangouts for screen sharing, video calls and audio calls. It does what we need it to do. We do audio calls via phone and over the internet with a headset. Audio quality is perfect when using USB headset. Video quality is good to great.

CONS

During a screen share, the user interface requires too many mouse clicks to get different layouts. Actually that is the case for many of the options. However, nobody else on my team has a problem with the user interface.

Andy

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2018

Miserable UX

PROS

-Probably good features -You can send invites to event directly from the dashboard -Integration with Google Calendar

CONS

-More expensive than other solutions -Set up is brutal: you need gmail, G+, a youtube account, AdSense Account, Admin Ritghts on your domain, monetization activated on Youtube, LiveStreaming activated plus a bunch of other requirements and settings -Onboarding via thick pdf handbook!!! OR Set up a meeting with a rep (whenever you can find a spot to schedule a meeting to have support to setup the whole thing) - Got to sign up and went through the painful process of setting up the whole thing just to find out that the product can't be used in Germany (where I currently live). They accepted my credit card and billing address no problem, though. Maybe warn people before they waste two hours? -They say 'free trial, cancel anytime' but there's no visible option to cancel/suspend/delete account anywhere. They don't talk about canceling your account in the FAQs (where you should normally find this kind of information) and searching their documentation returns zero document/guides on this topic. You can access community support by first requesting to be accepted in a 'forum' (it's actually a G+ community). Once you're accepted you have to scroll through all the entries and hope to find somebody who managed to cancel their account. At this point you just feel trapped. Next step, blocking the credit card.

Karenny

Telecommunications, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed February 2018

Great tool for the collaboration of a whole team

PROS

I loved everything about Business Hangouts at this time. It has solved my big problem of communication with my colleagues or even distributors. When I need them all together, Business Hangouts becomes the only solution. The individual communication was good. But this software has given me the possibility to shorten the duration of the instruction with all of them. Also, there is no requirement to share my cell phone number and that is quite comfortable.

CONS

The biggest problem we found was the number of employees when we started using it. Our staff was not big enough to make use of this program regularly for the cost. However, as we grew as a company we were able to include more users and since then it has been totally profitable for us.

Adriana

Reviewed May 2018

Business Hangouts allows me to always be connected to my work team

It helps that the communication at a distance is not a problem

PROS

Business Hangouts allows me to always be connected with my team, it works very well because I can communicate with colleagues who are in different states of the country, with whom it is very difficult to make meetings in person, it is also ideal for seminars via web.

CONS

It is quite expensive, so large companies can afford it, but hardly small companies can handle it, they should create more accessible packages so that everyone can enjoy the benefits of this tool.

Claudia

Reviewed May 2018

Making a meeting was never as easy as with Google Hangouts!

PROS

It integrates perfectly with my Android smart phone, works very well with Google Docs since you can open the document and edit it without having to leave the meeting, this is extraordinary. It is very easy to use and allows the exchange of files.

CONS

I do not like the interface of the video conference. For the rest, it seems to me a wonderful software.

Roy

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2018

The most stable comms platform I´ve used

We do a lot of interviews and meetings with potential clientes, this tool give us the simplicity, platform and everything we need.

PROS

Great stability, audio and video streaming, high quality, easy to use, UX/UI are simple and awesome.

CONS

I have not found any really, after using it for over a year now, we changed from skype and it was bliss.

CRUZULYS

Reviewed May 2018

Extraordinary tool to make video calls!

Everyone should have this application. It is easy to use and very functional.

PROS

I love the opportunity it gives me to start a conversation or make a video call with my colleagues, family and friends. It allows linking my different devices, so I can start a conversation from my computer and complete it through my tablet or cell phone. It is possible to make group calls through this medium.

CONS

I do not find anything negative in relation to this software. I think it's a great communication tool.

Reviewed April 2020

A good app for business conversations

Business Hangouts meets my expectations and I can communicate without any problems with my work team.

PROS

What I like most about Business Hangouts is the ease and efficiency with which I can communicate with colleagues on my team

CONS

What I like least about Business Hangouts is that it could have more features, and that sometimes it is a little slow.

Jeremy

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2019

Great for conference video calls!

PROS

I use this on a weekly basis to connect with others and it is truly phenomenal! You can easily connect with others from laptops, mobile, or tablets. You can switch between screens to view the person speaking. Being a Google product also means that it has been especially reliable. This is a trustworthy app all should have!

CONS

There have been a few times when video quality is low or the audio isn't working, but those experiences have been few and far between.

Pat

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2017

Quickest way to engage your target audience using real-time audio-video and screen sharing.

FRONT END: Face-to-face meetings increases trust factor for our brand. End users report: - easy registration - appreciate custom reminder emails - reliable countdown mechanism - rolling welcome graphics and welcome video options "Thank-you" and "sorry we missed you" timed arrival emails extends interaction with registrants. - Live events have great controls for: - camera view - adding up to 10 panel participants - sharing screens - bringing viewer comments to the screen - ousting spammers Less discernible skipping of audio/video when compared to Skype or GoToWebinar, where high speed internet access is available. Cost is better than GTW. BACK END: 5 minute set up. Easy to copy event set-up to subsequent event or make the event repeatable. Stats on registrants, viewers & those who reviewed the event. Training and tech support AAA+ quick response.

PROS

Reliable service, easy to set up an event with custom emails and graphics. I embed the event in my website for custom registration URLs. I've met the coders and find they are responsive to queries.

CONS

None really. Oh, yes, I'd like them to fix "recurring events monthly" to also include "4th Wednesday" not just "the 20th." That's about it.

Reviewed April 2018

I am in constant connection with friends and colleagues on all my electronic devices.

The ease of use, installation and configuration of this tool makes the interaction with the end user a unique experience.

PROS

It is easy to use and does not detract from its operability and functionality, it is excellent for internal video conferencing and the interaction with the user is perfect.

CONS

Nothing against, it is a wonderful interaction tool, and its updates are very accurate for the end user.

Patricia

Information Services, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2022

Nos reunimos y creamos nuevos negocios

MI experiencia general es positiva y también innovadora de manera integrada con mi realidad profesional. Tenemos una plataforma de encuentro tan real que vale mucho para quienes hacemos teletrabajo.

PROS

Los seminarios web automatizados han sido de gran ayuda para el trabajo en equipo donde participo. Esto permite que la nivelación entre los profesionales del equipo esté alcanzada, para juntos dar un próximo paso y así concluir los proyectos.

CONS

No hay algo que me guste menos. Todo depende del uso de las métricas de medición y realmente si se usan con consciencia y no con discriminación pues avanzamos más eficientemente.

mark

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Reviewed January 2017

Business hangouts

Hangouts is great. I love how easy it makes things being able to communicate with other colleges in different offices. Very handy to have.

PROS

I love how easy it makes my life! most of what I do is communicating with other employees.

CONS

Nothing negative to say about business hangouts.

Ron

Religious Institutions, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2017

Good program for conferncing

PROS

Use this with our faculty advising and teaching online classes. Can add multiple students who can interact well. Can't beat the price.

CONS

Not much to comment negatively. I like using this and switched from Skype and found better connections with my group.

dubraska

501-1,000 employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed April 2018

great application that keeps us informed through the use of video calls or instant messages

PROS

this application is very funny because it allows to transmit live moments through video calls and interact with each of our friends with the chats where we can avoid emojins or images that are stored later in our google + profile, I love that we can interact simultaneously with several users.

CONS

what I like the least about this application is that you can not share multimedia files as voice messages, nor can we know if the message sent actually reaches the receiver, this being a big weakness compared to other instant messaging applications

Sudeer

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed February 2019

Great Webinars to recommend

PROS

Reliable Software to conduct online events/Webinars/Conferences. A lot of features offered for a successful and satisfied webinar, on an HD video streaming. Did not have any issues throughout the events. we had a big event with a large group and had no issues. We could share files, download documents and interact effectively throughout! Excellent software for Webinars/online Conferences!

CONS

Off course every product is not 100% accurate, overall its great one, not much flaws to discuss here..

Vishal

Management Consulting, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2020

Simple, Easy tool to setup meetings

We are using Hangout as video collaboration tool to set up virtual meetings.

PROS

I love the simplicity of setting up a meeting with someone using Hangout. It's like a cake walk - so easy and streamlined. Moreover, the interface is very neat and clean.

CONS

When compared to other video collaboration tools such as GoToMeeting, WebEx, Hangout lacks on a lot of features. Once such important feature is creating polls.

Angel