All Cvent Event Management Reviews

Event planning made simple

JulieMichelle

Hospitality, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed July 2023

Costs are offset by benefits

PROS

Reporting is an excellent feature that allows real-time reporting on almost anything you can think of (there are tons of standard reports built into the system, but you can also create custom reports). Being able to provide stakeholders with a link to run reports on-demand saves a lot of time on the planner's end. The event website is easy to edit and keeps attendees up-to-date with information (thereby cutting down on calls and emails with questions). Emails can be set up to be sent out automatically upon certain parameters being met.

CONS

Cost is a bit higher than other event management platforms, but tends to have very few glitches (if any) and provides excellent management of events from a couple of people to thousands. I have worked with other platforms that could not handle large groups without crashing, so the consistency in performance is a comfort. Oftentimes, you'll find the cost of the platform is offset by time savings.

Julia

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Cvent Event Management is the best event management software!

Our experience with Cvent is among the best relationships I've ever had with a vendor. The customer service is exceptional. They anticipate our needs and have solutions read for us. We speak to our account manager quarterly and our customer support every other month.

PROS

We use Cvent Event Management to manage our events and membership database. We use Cvent for event set-up, registration, speaker management, sponsor and exhibitor interaction, attendee engagement, and feedback afterward. Cvent has streamlined our processes, allowing a small staff to concentrate on other activities related to our conferences and providing a better experience for our attendees.

CONS

The learning curve was steep. Once we were familiar with it, we could quickly set up events. The products that are still being updated, like Abstract Management, are not as user-friendly as the updated products.

Reasons for switching to Cvent Event Management

NetForum's customer service was lacking. The product seemed to be focused on membership/contact management rather than event-based.

Beth

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Complicated System with Missing Functionality

Overall, I have been very disappointed in the service. Not easy to learn and Cvent should not have released a new version with very basic and essential capabilities missing.

PROS

Cvent is nice in that it has thought of many of the different scenarios planners need to communicate, offer registration for and track for each event. The integrated credit card processing makes handling the financial aspect of meetings much easier.

CONS

This software is extremely difficult to learn and use. Cvent is also switching from a legacy system to a new one. If you use the legacy system, not only are you wasting your time learning a system that will be eliminated, but your events will disappear after the change as they can't be transferred. Yet the new system is missing very essential functionality making its use very limited. None of this was clearly communicated during the sales process. The app feature is very overpriced and extremely limited in its capabilities. Also, the system is not a full life-cycle system. There are no features to help centralize the actual planning of the event - it does have RFP and budgeting features, as well as registration, but completely ignores room set, a/v programming, etc. Doesn't eliminate having other documents and spreadsheets outside of the system for organizing events. So, I would not consider it an "event management" system.

Reason for choosing Cvent Event Management

Bizzabo noted it was not capable of both pushing and pulling information from our CMS.

Cate

Events Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Easy to Use; professional

I have absolutely loved working with Cvent and have been a loyal customer for a decade. I highly recommend Cvent Event Management!

PROS

The Cvent Event Management Platform is so easy to use! The team at Cvent sets you up for success, training you and your team to build your own registration systems and event emails. This allows you to have full, customizable control of the product and create a seamless and branded experience for your users.

CONS

The cost is a bit higher than some other platforms, particularly if you only have limited use for the system.

Reasons for switching to Cvent Event Management

Needed a more comprehensive registration system and in-house marketing platform.

Reviewed June 2019

Great Tool for Event builders and planners!

1. Resolve potential last minute issues that may arise onsite 2. Staff has been very productive and prepared to manage attendees 3. Provide enough metrics for admins 4. Easy to adopt by non-technical users

PROS

1. Interactive Features with Crowdcompass that customize the user experiences and engagement in an effective way. It has really helped us with onsite preparedness. 2. Cloning events or creating templates to re-use and make adjustments that saves time 3. CRM integration options have allowed us to have 360 degree customer view across CRM and Cvent. We have also used SSO to link our existing users account at registration websites. 4. Flex events 5. Ability to integrate with supplier network and survey tools

CONS

1.Ways to manage field permissions for users/roles (edit/delete/update) 2.Enforce field validations on account/organization level so that we can maintain data integrity and event planners cannot customize anything and everything at event level 3. 2 way sync through standard integration is not dynamic for custom fields 4. If salesforce has person account enabled, not business account, cvent has no way to accommodate that on contact level during integration. 5. API limit of 10000 is very less for large events

Reasons for switching to Cvent Event Management

It was complex and not easy to be adopted by non-technical users.

Mary Ann

Banking, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Cvent Event Management - Mary Ann Hall

Once I read and understand the program, its easy with tutorials and articles in the help section to figure out what I want to do step by step. If those do not work there is an excellent customer service to assist.

PROS

The ease of use, the valuable data that it compiles, and the ease for the attendees.

CONS

I dont think there isnt anything I do not like about the Event Management.

Reason for choosing Cvent Event Management

Ease of use, the data the program can provide, and the flexability of advancing events in the program.

Nicole

Financial Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed July 2023

All-Encompassing Platform

Its the best tool we've found that can meet our needs and has the least amount of issues

PROS

That is holds all features and functionality that we would require to request, build a reg site, and plan an event within one platform.

CONS

I think that the reporting could be more robust!

Reason for choosing Cvent Event Management

They were not as all encompassing, and i think they were a smaller company so they didnt have as good of a support team / online help desk.

Scott

Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed May 2021

One Stop

Works well and we produce quality virtual events.

PROS

Cvent offers one stop shopping. They have sfotware for everything you need to do for in-person and virtual events,

CONS

It is really expensive compared to competitive products.

Reason for choosing Cvent Event Management

We use both. Bizzabo for smaller less expensive events and Cvent for larger high value events,.

Marjorie

Events Services, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed April 2024

One of the best products available to Event Managers

PROS

I love how easy it is to use, and set up a new event.

CONS

The price is ok, had I not recieved a discount I probably wouldn’t have signed on.

Reason for choosing Cvent Event Management

Discount pricing on event management Package.

Elana

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Feedback

One a vert long way in last 4 years. Slow to pivot during pandemic but seems now back on track

PROS

Freedom to create templates that are unique to our business

CONS

Payments especially vat splits and refunds

Reason for choosing Cvent Event Management

We stayed as so much work and training had been done

Reasons for switching to Cvent Event Management

As other biz unit was on it and we needed to align both business and integrate into salesforce

Tiffany

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Awesome Product

I enjoyed learning new things and interacting with others using Cvent. This platform is amazing and I enjoy the fun interactive activities it offers as well!

PROS

I enjoy the fun interactive experiences Cvent offers as well as the training and learning opportunities.

CONS

There were somethings I couldn't participate in because of my role at the hotel but it would be nice to have more things that administrative assistants can more relate to.

Stephanie

Reviewed June 2018

Robust tool for sending out RFPs, creating and managing event registrations, and proving ROI.

PROS

The RFP tool has made life so much easier when sourcing hotel and putting together proposals. Before cvent all of this was manual, now it is automated and you can review each hotel in one place before you source them. For the event management tool, there are just so many features and widgets that you can use for your events. If booking hotels the registration form can integrate with passkey so the attendee can reserve a room right away. It also integrates with our GDS to our air team has the most up to date requests in their system. The On Arrival suite and the Crowd Compass app are huge time savers for large events. We used the On Arrival suite to check in attendees at a recent event, print their name badges, and confirm their optional activities all in one place and on average it took less than 5 minutes to do all of this. The Crowd Compass app was easy to set up and customize for each event and really streamlined the onsite process for our planners and attendees. I have used the app for a conference I attended as well as for events that I planned. Instead of printing out hundreds of pages (schedules, maps, surveys, so on...) for each person Crowd Compass houses everything an attendee needs. You can upload the event agenda, map of the conference center, you can send notifications about room changes or special pop up events, take real time polls/surveys, and network with the other event attendees through the app.

CONS

It is difficult to navigate and not very intuitive, I frequently find myself searching for the field I need or calling support because I have an issue I can't solve...and I have used the event management tool for over 3 years now, on a regular basis too! The travel module does not integrate well with the rest of the event management models. I am hoping that Flex will solve some of the issues but that will not be completed until Oct. 2018. Reporting is confusing, they offer so many report options which is great but finding the correct report is a challenge. You can create a custom report but again the types you choose from are not intuitive. For example, I recently had to create an air actual report so I chose the report type air actual; however with that report type certain features like airline and the record locator are not available (those fields seem kind of important when pulling a report about flight). I have to select the report type, air actual details, in order for those fields to show.

Diana

Utilities, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Cvent Event Management Review

PROS

The depth of the software and amount of features is what appealed to me the most. There is only one other software out there that is as feature rich but that one is not user-friendly/intuitive. Cvent had all except one feature we needed. Their customer support and customer service is far and away the best I've ever experienced. The salesperson and his process also left all others in the dust. We looked at nine companies.

CONS

It needs an interactive exhibitor module. Exhibitors should be able to review the floor plan and see reserved and available spaces and reserve their space during registration. The "invitation list" process creates some limitations on how we want to send emails - we must upload people as contacts. We also are unable to change the event site template without paying for a new event build. I would also like to be able to simultaneously register speakers while adding them to the speaker module. Overall, the software is slightly complicated but far less complicated than the other platform out there that is as feature rich. Also, Cvent's customer support makes up for it.

Reason for choosing Cvent Event Management

Had the most features for the price and best salesperson and process.

Reasons for switching to Cvent Event Management

Bizzabo was lacking in features we needed. Aventri had absolutely everything you could ever want but was far too time consuming and labor-intensive. Cvent is the perfect happy medium. Has almost all of the features as Aventri and is worth the couple of fewer things we have because it is easier to use and has the best customer support.

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed July 2018

Overall, Cvent has been a great tool for our team and I can't imagine our jobs without it.

hours of time saved, real-time data upkeep, travel integration, etc.

PROS

The Cvent software is a data gold mine. The days of manually updating/manipulating spreadsheets are long gone and it can all be done simultaneously in Cvent. It has saved our team hundreds of hours of work.

CONS

One of the things I like least about Cvent is their pricing structure. There are so many features that our team would love to implement to take our events to the next level (Passkey, OnArrival, etc.) but we often struggle with convincing the budget keepers the cost is worth it. For instance, our team is completely on board with OnArrival, but stakeholders question the thousands of dollars it will cost when we can continue to pre-print tags before the event.

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Cvent! We appreciate your candid feedback and have shared it with our product team. Your feedback is invaluable as we are always looking for ways to improve our current offerings. We¿d also like to tell you more about our loyalty program, Cvent Celebrity. As a Celebrity, you¿ll have opportunities to take part in beta testing, be the first to know about new Cvent products and events, learn best practices, and earn cool rewards! To learn more about Cvent Celebrity and to join, visit http://bit.ly/2IuDlXh Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should you have any questions or need any assistance!

Replied July 2018

Tori

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Cvent is the total package

I've been using Cvent for over seven years and have watched it evolve and continue to improve and expand its scope. I love working in Cvent and building sites for my customers!

PROS

There are very few things that Cvent isn't designed to do, or if not, a workaround can't be determined with a little bit of effort. I love that the entire event process is integrated from event sourcing to final metric reporting. The registration platform is powerful, and can encompass multiple admission types, registration types, pricing structures, and registration experiences within one event. The accompanying website is easy to build with their tools and can create an elegant, branded marketing piece. Their new mobile app, while not quite as strong as their previous offering, is better integrated with the registration platform and being updated consistently for improvement.

CONS

The email marketing is less evolved than the rest of the platform and a bit less flexible to design and work with.

Reviewed July 2018

Cvent is a great tool for doing lots of different events

We as a company get a lot of benefit out of this product. It is easy to use and to keep track of lists. Registration is a breeze once set up and it is very easy to collect data and payment. The customer service is great and they are very helpful and responsive.

PROS

Cvent is a great tool when you have lots of small events that need different lists to manage. It makes creating new events from a template very easy and painless. The user interface is very clean and they continually update it to make it better. The reporting features are robust and very easy to use. The customer service are is very responsive and they are very thorough about their follow up.

CONS

I would love easier features when it comes to customizing the event pages. Something like the Squarespace editor for the actual event sites would make it much easier to see what we are creating instead of relying heavily on HTML skills.

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Cvent! We take great pride in our client support services and are happy to hear they've been a valuable resource for you. We¿d also like to tell you more about our loyalty program, Cvent Celebrity. As a Celebrity, you¿ll have opportunities to take part in beta testing, be the first to know about new Cvent products and events, learn best practices, and earn cool rewards! To learn more about Cvent Celebrity and to join, visit http://bit.ly/2IuDlXh Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should you have any questions or need any assistance!

Replied July 2018