All Front Reviews

Reviewed June 2021

I just didn`t listen

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2019

The Best Team Collaboration Tool!

My team is able to be more efficient and we all can see past comments and such so it makes our team more cohesive. Many times the client doesn't even know which team member they're speaking to because we are so united...because of Front. We are able to create Asana tasks directly from our Front inbox which saves some time. I am able to stay more organized and keep the cleanest inbox that I've ever had in my entire 20+ years of work experience. I can't believe that I could even live without Front before. I don't see how I can ever go back to the old way of just sending e-mails and losing the collaboration function that Front provides. One problem that many people have is tagging an e-mail as backup for a task or the like. With the permalink feature, we're now able to attach an e-mail string to any Asana task so that the we can quickly refer back to the e-mail without screenshots and the like. It's so much easier now to keep all of our information together without an overload of e-mail messages.

PROS

I love being able to comment to teammates and to create a client-specific e-mail for our clients to respond to in order for collaboration to be smoother and for communication to be shared. I like being able to share drafts with my team so that they can review and even send if needed. If my direct reports want an e-mail to come from me but want to be sure I say exactly what they want to be heard then they just type up the e-mail, share the draft and @mention me, I edit it, my signature automatically attaches and then I send the e-mail as if I had written it. It's actually quite brilliant instead of sending an e-mail to one person to review, you can share it and everyone can see the edits. I like how you can immediately see at the top the tags of whose folder you're in so that you don't have to search through the e-mail to realize where you may be or which client you're working with. I also like the feature that lets you know if one of your colleagues archive the message that you're currently looking at. It helps to know this so that you know whether or not you need to reply to the message or assume that they're still going to respond. I also love how we can snooze an e-mail until later so they don't junk up the inbox. I am usually terrible at just leaving my inbox full with unnecessary messages that I forget to get back to until it's too late. With Snooze, I now say goodbye for now and get it out of my mind completely and then am reminded of it at the appointed time.

CONS

I haven't really found anything that I don't like yet. One thing that may improve but is not a big deal is that tagging folders at the top right does not always work but if I drag the message to that folder then it does work. It would be nice if you could add an Asana task from Front without adding it to a project. For example, if it's a private task that I don't want shared with anyone else then I should either be able to make it private or not add it to a shared project. I was going to say that I would love to make reactions to the comments placed in Front but it appears that that option was added 18 hours ago so someone else beat me to the punch. It might be nice to have the option to add a follower to an e-mail thread but make it so that they cannot see any previous comments to when they were added. This would just make it so that you can share current information going forward but not include any past information that you may not have wanted to get into their hands. I'm sure Hillary would have loved that feature. One thing that I would love to add is an @mention to say something like @all or @everyone that tags everyone that is assigned or a follower to a particular e-mail comment thread.

Arielle

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Love Front- Would Recommend

Great experience. Sales Rep was educated, nice, responsive and a pleasure to work with. Then the product was easy to use and solved what we needed.

PROS

It is incredibly easy to use. We transitioned to this from HubSpot support and we were concerned about a learning curve, it is about as basic and intuitive as it comes. We budgeted 2 weeks to implement and it took us less than 2 days to transfer everything over and learn how to use it for its core functions.

CONS

I may be doing this incorrectly- but the Slack integration doesn't always work correctly. I think it would've been helpful in the integrations section to have a troubleshooting guide if it doesn't work. For us we filled out all fields and appropriate slack channels but the messages were not sent there. (Again could be our error)

Reason for choosing Front

As part of our product offering, we send emails from our client's email domain to appear as it is from them. With these integrations, Zendesk's product was unable to support the configuration but Front was able to.

Reasons for switching to Front

HubSpot was AWFUL! I am so passionate about this. We had several situations with HubSpot where emails were sent to the wrong individuals with support tickets, the site crashed completely, and it was inconvenient that they did not have a mobile app. We got a Customer Success Representative at HubSpot assigned to us and they "follow-ed up" on the bugs and were never fixed. Eventually she ghosted us. Switching to front was the best thing that could've happened to us.

Reviewed March 2018

Great for collab, not so great for the budget

PROS

We love using this for syncing with Pipedrive - the implementation was easy. The powerful autoresponders are helpful as well. On any given day, we can have a different auto responder, which is great because we're always in a dedicated project on Wednesdays and out of office on Fridays. It's also a bonus that send later is active right out of the box - so when I'm working on emails after my kids are in bed they show up to my clients as sent at 7am the next morning. Set up wasn't too bad since I had already used Support Bee previously. The mobile app is solid as well, though my Android phone tells me it takes a lot of battery power. I wish it was listed as a native email provider on Andoid phones - so right now if I click on a email link in my Pipedrive App, I can't have it open in Front. Front is better than Pipedrive for sending emails since I can drop screenshots inline in emails in Front - something we do on a daily basis. I recommended this to a client who initially liked the idea that it connected with Shopify, showing order information beside each email (see cons for rest of the story). It's normal email stuff works just fine as well - removing formatting, adding bullets, bold, etc all work as expected. As an admin, I like having the ability to make sure my team is keeping on top of shared emails. Additionally, when a teammate needs some help on a message, they can share it with me to help advise them.

CONS

Buyer beware on the TOS regarding refunds. I set this up for a client and got them paid up as an annual client with several users. However, it wasn't a good fit for them. I was not pleased to find out Front does not offer pro-rated refunds, which is costing my client a lot of money and jeopardizing my relationship with them. Customer services was unsympathetic. For this reason I can't recommend Front anymore. If a user signs up with an annual plan, they will at some point be losing money, not saving it - unless they cancel on the anniversary of when they started. Just because it's in the TOS doesn't mean it's the right thing to do: Front is one of the companies that needs to learn this.

Elle

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

A must for businesses with delivery drivers!

The experience is positive. It's easy to set up and use. We use it on a daily basis to allocate and track orders

PROS

Being able to auto-import our orders and then allocate them to a delivery driver is really simple and easy within Front.

CONS

I haven't seen any downsides to using Front at this time.

We're glad your experience has been positive and that you're seeing a ton of value in easily assigning orders to drivers. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!

Replied February 2024

Telecommunications, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Great Software, Terrible Billing and Support Policies

PROS

It has a number of very good features for helping teams work together for sales and support. The abilities to share, assign, comment on, snooze and resurface issues makes zero inbox possible. Keeps clutter down and focus on what is most important at the moment. We really like the 'product'.

CONS

-Front's Billing policies are absurd. If one signs up for an annual plan adding a user even if only temporarily for a day or a month while transitioning employees results in a charge for as much as a full year for that seat. -During the sales process, you will experience significant personal, real-time communications. Once the sales process is over, don't hope to EVER be able to have a real-time conversation with anybody. Regardless of the severity or complexity of the issue, the only option is email that often takes days to get a response which can be a real problem when the platform is down since it is the only way to contact them. They had a chat ability for a while but turned it off apparently because customer expectations for a timely response were too high. -Don't bother making suggestions. Although they have what appears to be a strong attitude towards involving customers, suggestions get a pat on the head and swept into a 'we'll pass that on' basket. No methods or interest to surface ideas and suggestions in a way that other end-users can expand upon or upvote/prioritize.

Reasons for switching to Front

Based on what we were told in the sales process, I believed that we had found an organization that matched our attitude about extraordinary customer service and support. Unfortunately, upon becoming a paying customer, all of that went away.

Ari

Legal Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Shared Email Tracking without the need for tickets

We had extremely too much email for an Outlook mailbox to handle, no SMS integration nor chat functionality. We solved all of that with Front. Now all of our communications are in one place for ease of use and management.

PROS

Front allows multiple teams within my company to manage massive amounts of email in shared mailboxes, meet or exceed customer SLAs and seamlessly integrate our communications with our management systems. We also like that we get all of the same functionality of email ticket tracking, but without the need for communicating the standard ticket responses and ids to our customers. It allows for a more personal engagement with our clients.

CONS

Our teams took sometime to get used to the new interface as it was difficult to pry Outlook out of their hands. However, once they got the hang of Front they loved the integration and tracking abilities that Outlook does not have.

Reason for choosing Front

We liked the email integration of front wherein ticket ids and perfunctory auto responses were not required, but we still got all the same functionality of other email / ticket tracking systems.

Adam

Furniture, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Great software, hard to be without

PROS

The best part of Front is that it only adds a layer on top of already existing things, such as an e-mail inbox. Other helpdesk software systems tend to be built around their own database structures and add e-mail on top of that instead. The approach that Front uses also means that if one were to ever leave Front, every single correspondence with customers is still sitting in your e-mail account (s).

CONS

There's not really anything I've ever disliked about the software. My pet peeve is that they've raised the prices quite dramatically over the last years. I'm disappointed that software creators these days seem to lure customers in with low prices to build their base and then raise the prices once they have a big enough customer base. But all in all, the software in itself is great.

Reason for choosing Front

Because Front uses a completely approach which I think is a much more logical one, especially for a company like hours where each "ticket" or correspondence is usually resolved quickly.

Felipe

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Great Experience with Front

I love Front. It's a great tool, very easy to implement, teach and use. The communication between teams is great and we can track and talk to our customers in a great way.

PROS

The interface and how is easy to teammates collaborate and organize conversations with customers.

CONS

Language only in English Some features were thought exclusive for emails and we use a lot WhatsApp and Chat channels (custom channels) that not might work that great API Rate Limit for custom channels that we always talked that would be our main channel and after purchasing, we discovered this "limitation"

Reason for choosing Front

Layout, features, support, sales proccess, pricing.

Reasons for switching to Front

We didn't like Zendesk layout and support

Sam

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Makes Customer Success Simple

We use a pooled system for our customer success team for accounts in the SMB segment, and Front is our new shared inbox system to facilitate communication between CSMs and customers

PROS

Used as a shared inbox for our customer success org and it solves so many problems. Shared inbox, Salesforce integration, and assigning tasks are some highlights

CONS

Can be difficult to implement, time consuming to create but saves time in the long run

Reasons for switching to Front

Better features for our use case, lower price

Nic

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2019

A Great App for Unifying and Streamlining your Communication Workflow

Front has a positive influence on the way I process communication because it allows me to aim for and realistically reach inbox zero. This is possible by allowing me to either respond immediately to a message, snooze it for a later reply or most importantly to me, easily delegate the message to another team member while still being able to follow the conversation. These features allow me to realistically manage multiple inboxes and ensure timely responses to all inbound communication.

PROS

Front is a beautifully designed app for managing private and team emails as well as your company's other communication channels such as chat widgets, social media platforms and even SMS through a service like Twilio. I appreciate the thoughtfulness that has guided Front's development over the years. The Front team's dedication to optimizing the app based on customer feedback is evident in each iteration, and it's great that the Front app is regularly freshened with feature updates and additions. Today's existing integrations with Front coupled with new regularly added services makes Front the perfect platform for unifying your communication workflow. One "inbox" for all your accounts is awesome!

CONS

There are a couple of pain points for me when it comes to my daily usage of Front. My chief complaint is that at this time there is not bi-directional sync of archived or permanently-deleted messages. In my case, archives and deletes in my Office 365 account are synced to Front, but when I apply the same actions in Front, they do not sync to Office 365. This behavior is annoying in the context of my personal inbox—messages acrue and clutter the inbox—but counterproductive for a shared inbox with a mix of Front and Office 365 users. The obvious solution is to move all users to Front but in my case it is not realistic to onboard our entire team at once. Front should sync all actions back to Office 365. My second and last complaint is Front's calendar: it's not as robust as it should be if it's intended to be used instead of, say, Office 365. The experience for creating timed versus all-day events is cumbersome and to my knowledge, cannot be toggled between. Additionally, there is no functionality for creating recurring events. Unfortunately, my time is currently wasted switching between Front and Office 365 for simple calendaring tasks. I am looking forward to the Front team addressing both the sync and calendaring issues in an upcoming release. These pain points are partially behind my hesitation to push Front to all team members.

Mallory

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Collaboration with Front is so easy!

PROS

I think my favorite thing about Front is the ability to collaborate with teammates on emails + share drafts. I also use the canned response feature A LOT, as well as the Snooze ability. It helps me keep my inbox clean, while still allowing me to follow up at a time of my choosing!

CONS

I still use the Gmail calendar interface. I think improvements have been made to Front's calendar though, so I need to check it out again.

Reasons for switching to Front

Others at my company were using Front, so I decided to give it a try. I was skeptical because I really like my labels and folders in Gmail, but I haven't missed them!

Nadiv

Consumer Electronics, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Front: your home base for email communication with customers

Using Front, I am able to reach many customers on a daily basis. Front helps me solve their problems by allowing me to communicate quickly and effectively. I can't praise this software enough.

PROS

I use Front daily to communicate with customers. Overall, Front is a powerful and accessible email client with a very pleasing UI. What I like in particular is the template functionality. Templates for emails can be stored, changed at any time, and are lighting-quick to access. I also like Front's internal messaging system for writing notes to colleagues (using the @ system). This means I can leave notes for colleagues, for customer cases that require more time or team input. Front's search functionality is also unparalleled. If my organisation has ever had any contact with a customer, I can find it using the barest of search strings. To give an example: Front will pull up alternative email adresses that customers have, by cross-referncing known information such as customer name. Lastly, the UI uses colors that aid readability, but are also visually very pleasing. All in all this software is critical to my daily work, and is the most pleasant and easy-to-use email client I've ever used.

CONS

I personally find very few faults or things that could be improved, that would have a direct effect on the work I do. Having said that, I find the conversation tracking function ever so slightly redundant. This is because I keep track of conversations myself, by having multiple Front tabs open. On the alternate tabs, I use search strings to keep all prior conversation with a customer open. I am aware however that this is my personal style of working, so it doesn't say much about the tracking function itself.

Giada

Photography, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Front App - Reading, Writing and Assigning emails in a team oriented way.

I am extremely satisfied of this app. It's super easy to use and perfect when working in team. It's basically impossible to miss any email with this software and super nice the way it looks like when using it on a daily basis. Plus it takes all the rules and marks of your main inbox provider (gmail, outlook etc.). Highly recommended even for all its features and possibility to integrate it with the main useful app: Aircall, Google Cal etc.

PROS

What I definitely like the most is the way you can assign emails to your team mates - especially when reviewing the same inbox. Generally with other provider is always difficult to organize your workflow and dividing email by forwarding them all. In this way, by using a super simple and well designed app, you can simple go through the object of the email, even read it if needed and then directly assign it to your colleagues. Moreover, you can even assign the email to more than one people - keeping everyone posted about important issue. Last but not least, you can use this app even to comment and share plus information about email or work to do with that email/costumer directly using the chat below the main inbox (this is something that can be shown just between team mates - avoiding the possibly of sending personal information to the direct costumer while forwarding the email to your colleagues).

CONS

I think that the app version could be improved, especially in the way it shows notifications. Each time I open it - I can see the amount of my entire inbox and it always seems you still have work to do even if you are up to date with all your daily emails.

Treavor

Furniture, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2020

1-Year Review

Using Front has truly allowed me to take charge of my inbox! It has helped us communicate better between workers, as well as work more efficiently as a team to get the work done. Everything is open and available between each of us, so we can help each other and maximize the talents of one another in responding to the needs of our clients.

PROS

After a full year of using Front, the thing I find the most useful is the ease and efficiency of sorting and prioritizing my daily email. The ability to snooze, assign to another individual, or add quick notes about the email, along with the ability for others to see who is working on a reply, has made our efforts so much more efficient! Everything runs seamlessly and it has become second nature, very quickly.

CONS

There are still a few "glitches" when it comes to opening certain attachments, but I think that is always the issue with any email program. The only other issue is with the mobile app - it takes a few extra steps to modify email recipients, but it isn't that often that this has to happen.

Reason for choosing Front

When we selected Front, I had only evaluated a few other products (sorry, I really can't recall what those products were...they made no impression on me...all just variations of the same things). Front was a significant difference in how they approach the management of email and the tools they provided were easy to implement and adapt.

Lauren

Logistics and Supply Chain, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed September 2020

A Shared Work Model DREAM!

PROS

My team uses Front daily for our customer communication, as well as internal communication. The ability to tag an internal user and comment on the threads without having to reply to the email is a game-changer when it comes to problem-solving and communication regarding more complex emails. We used multiple inboxes, separated into different inbox groups, with different permissions. It was easy to track and manage despite having so many inboxes. In a shared work model, the ability to assign emails to yourself or other members of the team was extremely useful, to ensure we were not doing double-work or responding to emails at the same time. On top of that, you would be able to see when a teammate was replying or typing under the email, which was a good way to know who was working on what.

CONS

Front tended to have quite a few outages and crashes that impacted our workflow heavily. Fortunately these were able to be resolved quickly and communication was reliable and fast! However, the number of times we experienced an outage was frustrating.

Reviewed June 2022

Good tool - but SaaS typical pricing issues

Overall, a great tool with great potential that could be even better if it were more targeted. The high complexity, mediocre documentation, and poor practice of hiding basic features in the overpriced "Enterprise/Scale" level bring the rating to only three stars.

PROS

It's great as a multi purpuse tool for a lot of different scenarios. Has a lot of features and well made integrations. It helps working and collaborating as a team on messages, requests and tasks very efficiently.

CONS

As it does offer a lot of functions, it's kind of bloated with options to configure and customize it. It can be tricky to find the right config and approach for the usecase you have. As it can be used for a lot of different scenarios (helpdesk, crm, communication, ...) it's not fitting to a specific usecase as good as tools that are specialised to one - it would help if Front would try to focus on something rather trying to be a solution for "everything". The pricing of Front is unintuitive - basic features like a user and team management are exclusive to the highest tier. For this even managing just a few users and their permission and settings is a real pain as long as you're not willing to upgread to the highest tier (99$/user/month). Hiding essential/basic features in highly overpriced tiers is a disease a lot of SaaS tool have - a practice that really needs to end.

Julian

Consumer Electronics, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Make email your superpower.

PROS

it's very convenient to have ALL of your company's communication in ONE place. Nothing slips through the cracks - from emails/facebook messages/tweets and text messages you name it it's all there. It's very intuitive to talk with the team and get back to customers/prospects with an answer. A win win and great investment for company that works digitally.

CONS

It takes a while to onboard the whole team and get them to understand all the features. Also it's quite pricey per user per month.