All GoTo Webinar Reviews

Kyle

Real Estate, 1,001 - 5,000 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed November 2020

excellent way to deliver live webinars online

Yogendra

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed September 2019

Very good software for hosting Webinars or Presentations for larger audiance

This is a great software even for large organizations. We all love it.

PROS

1. Our company uses GotoWebinar for hosting quarterly update calls and all hands meetings 2. It is a slick application that has useful features such as muting or unmuting all or few. 3. Attendees can virtually raise hands in the app by pressing a button when they are muted by organizer and when they want to speak. 4. Users can send private messages to one another or can send group messages or broadcast messages to everyone. 5. It has screen sharing and Video camera option too. 6. It has lot of toll free and local numbers from almost all of the countries to dial in 7. Phone app is equally great to dial in and has a calling ability as well. 8. No need of hosting this software in local premises. It is available as a software service.

CONS

I have no complaints about this software.

Reasons for switching to GoTo Webinar

Skype was hosted on a local server in our premises. Upgrade and maintenance was a problem and also calls used to drop more often during the meeting.

Claire

Online Media, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2023

A Comprehensive and Convenient Webinar Platform

GoTo Webinar is an excellent webinar platform for businesses of any size. It provides a comprehensive suite of features that make hosting and attending webinars simple and efficient. The platform is user-friendly and allows for easy remote connection with audiences.

PROS

GoTo Webinar makes hosting and attending webinars a breeze! The platform is easy to use and provides all the tools needed to create a professional and engaging webinar. The features are comprehensive and make connecting with remote audiences a snap.

CONS

GoTo Webinar can be pricey for organizations with limited budgets. The subscription tiers can add up quickly and the lack of an entry-level option can make it difficult for newer organizations to get started.

Reasons for switching to GoTo Webinar

GoTo Webinar is the perfect choice for businesses looking for a comprehensive and sophisticated webinar platform. It provides more features than its competitors and is simpler to use. It also offers a wide range of subscription tiers so businesses can find the perfect fit for their needs.

Kat

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Utterly Disappointed and Let Down By GoToWebinar

PROS

user friendly, like the analytics and reporting

CONS

GoToWebinar has let us down time and time again when calling into the customer service line. We receive information that ends up being incorrect. Previous experiences include video recordings lot playing and recordings disappearing. The most recent and most upsetting, particularly in the times we are in, is with a webinar we hosted on the CARES Act yesterday (Wed). We had almost 1,500 registrants. My team called in on Monday to verify our package and limit we have available to specifically avoid people not being able to get into such an important webinar. We were told we had a limit of 5,000 attendees. That was specifically asked. We reassured our Board and Executive team with this info, which we trusted since it came straight from the source. Day of the webinar, we had a max of 501 and several hundred people were unable to join. Finally speaking with a friendly rep today I learned that we were misinformed by the GoToWebinar representative on Monday and that since it shows the max attendee number on the general pricing page online GoToWebinar chooses not to take responsibility. This is so disappointing how little care is shown, as mentioned, particularly in these times. Folks livelihoods are in the mix and all GoToWebinar can say is "Sorry, info is on our website". Where is customer service and trying to mitigate a situation? We will have to look elsewhere for another product as we cannot continue to support a company with so little regard for people in need of help.

Reason for choosing GoTo Webinar

We will be looking at zoom meetings and other platforms to transfer our business.

Asnath

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Event Manager in IT&S Industry

PROS

GoTo Webinar is the main tool that enables me to create and schedule online events.

CONS

I do not experience any flaw nor fail to customize any feature on GoTo Webinar.

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Video conferencing app review

Since I used this application during the Corona pandemic, I have been using it with my team members in meetings, training, discussions, and everything else online.

PROS

The go to webinar application offers many advantages to users, including that we can conduct online seminars, discussion sessions, and ask questions. It is also characterized by ease of use and a simple, clear interface.

CONS

It has not been updated for a month, but the company developing the application issued a statement that it will be updated in the next few days

Joey

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed August 2019

Webinar Hosting Made Easy

PROS

The software was easy to learn and the user interface is intuitive. Features were easily accessible and icons were self explanatory to any person who grew up in the age of smart phones and the internet. I was able to launch the webinar without any prior training and hosted my very first webinar ever without a hitch. GoTo Webinar has the ability to keep track of attendees' engagement, record presentations, poll the audience, generate analytics, switch between presenters and speakers/ panelists seamlessly. The platform is also nice because attendees can join the webinar without downloading software, they just simply click on a link that can be emailed through an automated system or a traditional URL. We had attendees on mobile devices, tablets (ipads), etc. so it's a pretty versatile platform.

CONS

Some features can only be unlocked by increasing the membership tier. The basic subscription is already pretty pricey and does not have access to many of the "premium" features such as embedded videos and maximum number of attendees and available registration slots.

Reason for choosing GoTo Webinar

Features available for the cost of membership. My company already had an existing account with GoTo Meeting, so we were able to get a bundle deal with GoTo Meeting and GoTo Webinar.

Charlotte

Staffing and Recruiting, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed February 2020

Perfect Solution for Collaboration on and off network

Overall this tool allows us to reach a greater audience with ease and we have had a lot of success with people logging in from home or at the office to tune in. I like the ease of use and the results we have had!

PROS

I think that the ability to use GoToWebinar both on and off network is great because we host weekly training sessions across the nation for people at home or at various companies. We haven't had any connection issues and the interface is intuitive and user friendly. Pulling reports on attendees or viewing how many people are registered are a breeze with the option to pull .csv or .xls. You can easily share screen, see the attendee view, add in polls, chat function for questions, etc. I like that all webinars are recorded and you can share them out afterwards. The ability to schedule/change/cancel reoccurring webinars is nice too! Easy to figure out without a user guide which is a plus!

CONS

When you pull reports for for attendees you aren't able to pull by parameters, it is just a set report. For example, we have a recorded webinar that we send out to people and weekly I need to view for new applicants - I would like to pull the report based on specific dates but I can only pull the report as is (a giant list of everyone that has ever viewed the webinar). For my purposes its only a minor inconvenience but more capability in this area could provide more insights.

Reason for choosing GoTo Webinar

If a user did not have skype they would not be able to attend the webinar as easily. This would have been a barrier to trainings that we want to be available to everyone!

Ganapathy

Paper & Forest Products, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2020

GoToWebinar: User review

I attend/host both professional and personal webinars (e.g. business conferences & family reunions) using this software and I have yet to be disappointed by poor performance.

PROS

This is both a secure & efficient software to reach a vast audience anywhere in the world especially in the COVID-19 times that we currently live in. I love the high quality of both audio & video using this software every time I attend a webinar.

CONS

Some users have mentioned that it works better with some Internet browsers than others but I have at least 3 different browsers on my Windows 10 laptop and they all work just fine with this software. Perhaps it is specific to a Windows 7 or Mac issue?

Reasons for switching to GoTo Webinar

Skype for Business is unpredictable when it comes to quick connectivity while joining a conference. It becomes much slower when the video is initialized.

Ashwinkumar

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed December 2022

best in class webinar app

fine , fantastic and satisfactory in all sense. I would industry uses to give a try and the audio video options will leave you wanting for more. It has a seamless and friendly functionality to most needs for online webinars

PROS

automated webinar is a great function for people joining across departments ; also on demand webinars is an icing on the cake and are functional features to relay upon. Makes scheduling a primary app to be used for. I would goto this app ever

CONS

it lacks unique contact list, in some cases this is a troublesome job, but otherwise rest for me and a multi-tasker for me is all ok

Reasons for switching to GoTo Webinar

overall features of zoom and management decision based on the various queries and concern raised by teams from time to time

Alice

Translation and Localization, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed October 2022

Good product for online conferences

I like GoToWebinar for its easiness of deployment and the possibility to connect larger groups of people than other softwares for distant learning. I'd recommend it to anyone needing a reliant application for screen sharing and videoconferencing.

PROS

The software is easy to use and you can immediately use it after launching. It allows a large number of participants to follow the same event and contact the moderator through the chat without interrupting the conference itself. Great customer support.

CONS

Sometimes screensharing is not livestreaming but this can be due to the poor internet connection of the attendees. Also mic features could be improved.

Reasons for switching to GoTo Webinar

Limited number of participants, constant problems with audio and screen sharing

Craige Hardel

Market Research, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Good flexible solution

does the job for us although the pricing could be a bit more convenient Also it would be nice if we didn't have to download a software for most to jump on our webinars

PROS

Works well and doesn't crash unlike others. They've been around for a while and compared to the others they're quite quality

CONS

Price point. Although we started using it but it would be nice if they offered a cheaper tier We pay for it but they may get competition soon

Reason for choosing GoTo Webinar

Seemed more thorough and complete despite not having the sexiest ui

Kira

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2022

Good Webinar platform!

Overall this is a good webinar, conference, and virtual classroom tool. My experience was positive and although the price wasn't ideal I am satisfied with the value for money.

PROS

I love the teaching and training features like virtual classroom, Q&A, and polling. I like the webinar templates and scheduling feature. The control settings are useful. The audio and video are both high quality and reliable, I don't worry about miscommunication. Easily integrated with other products. It's great for presentations and includes screen sharing!

CONS

There are no free versions and the cheapest plan only allows for 100 attendees. One of the more frustrating cons is that for a participant to share video they must be added as a host. I have also experienced issues when using the scheduling feature at times.

Reason for choosing GoTo Webinar

My positive experience with other GoTo products

Reasons for switching to GoTo Webinar

Zoom did not meet our needs

Denham

Biotechnology, 11-50 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed October 2019

There are better options, beware contracts!

None now we needed a webinar provider for a while but it will be another year before we can cancel.

PROS

It does webinars, setup is not great. There are much better options now. This might work for a giant company that needs constant webinars.

CONS

Billing is impossible to deal with customer service is nothing but infuriating. The configuration page is confusing.

Reasons for switching to GoTo Webinar

Stopped needing webex, and then pricing was better with this and Zoom hadn't really matured yet.

BHAVIK

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Great Tool to conduct online Webinars

My overall experience with GoToWebinar has been really satisfactory and it has been a good experience. The audio and video quality is good and the provided controls is also very useful. Some issues with mobile apps can be resolved and the overall sign in process can be improved.

PROS

The thing I liked the most about GoToWebinar is the audience monitoring. It helps in strict moderating of webinar audience and provides wide range of services to monitor and moderate audience. Also, the availability on all major platforms is a real plus.

CONS

The thing I like the least about GoToWebinar is the settings panel. Settings panel in GoToWebinar is really complex and sometimes it includes lot of efforts in finding the required settings.

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2019

Best Webinar Hosting Tool

I have been using GoToWebinar from the past 2 years and 5 months as the results-driven extraordinary when it seems after the webinar host. We nearly run 5-10 webinars per months both internal and external upon different technologies related, event s related, social awareness related as we can see our business growth with an outstanding performance each quarter with the help of GoToWebinar Tool. We can even schedule a webinar and after hosting it, we can even have a recording of it and can also rerecord if it'ds needed multiple times. GoToWebinar Tool do have an inbuilt dashboard and analytics which we help us in generating reports upon various features like Attendees Count, Registrants, Their sources of joining a webinar and lot more analytics and reports that we can generate with the help of GoToWebinar Tool :)

PROS

The most I like in GoToWebinar Tool is: 1. We can host webinars easily with a single click 2. We can also have automated templates which we can send it to all registrants 3. We can also send reminder emails to all registrants and attendees 4. We can track individual webinar analytics and can generate reports based on that 5. We can also do the practice (Dry run) before going live with the webinar so as to check the webinar goes smoothly 6. We can record the live webinar and can have a copy of it stored in webinar dashboard in this GoToWebinar Tool 7. We can re-record hosted webinar if in case there are any necessary changes that can be implemented

CONS

There are no cons about GoToWebinar Tool at present as I'm totally satisfied with it completely :)

Reviewed November 2018

Webinar - tool which is not user-friendly all the time.

PROS

- We can invite more people to join a live webinar before start the meeting. - It is vet easy to connect to webinar meeting. With a few simple clicks from an email we can connect to meeting without any interference and hurdles in between. - With the good speed of internet connection you can have a video with good call quality and clear vision. - You can record the session too for future use and train more people with the same recording without repeating those things twice. - Good software to conduct remote meetings with geographically distant colleagues. - We can share screen too, so that other people will get more idea about what we want them to understand. - You can transfer the rights of sharing of the screen too. - you can submit the feedback after end of meeting for better improvements.

CONS

- This platform stuck and freeze more often compare to other remote meeting tools. - If you do not have an accurate internet connection, then there is no use of this tool. - The incident had happened to us that we were around 10 people in a meeting and not a single person was able to hear another person’s voice. Even after login and logout several times in tool. At last we had to switch that meets on another tool. - We have to wait outside the main meeting page if the organizer is late.

Wambui

Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Simplicity at the very best. GoTo Webinar is very ideal for online events.

The experience has been super amazing just to say the least. We found a safe and reliable virtual room where we can always go to when facilitating our online events and webinars. It makes it easy for us to host public awareness campaigns virtually to educate and talk to the public about issues concerning hygiene and sanitation.

PROS

We appreciate GoTo Webinar a lot in our organization for the excellent services it offers us when facilitating online events and webinars. It is easy to use and we have never struggled to host and attend events with it. We also appreciate how it allows us to have lively events by making it easy for us to interact and engage with the audience. Plus GoTo Webinar is very good at giving information and conversations the security and privacy required to meet our security compliance guidelines.

CONS

GoTo Webinar has a been a key and very reliable solution for us and all i have seen with it is pure class. Nothing to complain at all.

Justinas