All Livestorm Reviews

Wonderful for Webinars, Less Great for Bigger Events

Christina

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2022

Livestorm this is a good product with excellent connectivity capabilities.

Thanks to this platform, we've been able to include viewers from all around the world in our live broadcasts. Thank you to the Livestorm crew, who I'm sure are doing their best to keep everything up and running during this difficult moment in the globe.

PROS

I appreciate that this application may be used for a variety of meeting formats, including standard video conferences, webinars, virtual events, and even fully automated webinars. With Livestorm, you don't have to juggle several tools. You can perform all of your marketing from a single dashboard, making it easier. There is no clutter in the user interface. It's easy to use and I enjoy it. I also like the opportunity to make meetings and events more engaging by including tools like chat, surveys, guest speakers/presenters, and Q&A. These tools may add a lot of oomph to your event.

CONS

For the hosts/guest speakers of a webinar, it would be excellent to have a private chat tool that allows them to discuss which questions they should respond to live and which they should address off-line.

Emma

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Professional and engaging!

PROS

We use Livestorm for the weekly webinars we run in our 7-week online leadership program, Leadership Beyond the Theory. For past cohorts, we used a different webinar software, but Livestorm is brilliant - we will never go back! Our students love the interactive nature of it (polls, chat and questions are really easy to see and use), and from a moderator and host point of view, it's incredibly easy and fun to use. The reminder emails are awesome and I'm confident that the emails led to an increased attendance rate overall. Did I mention how great the polls are? Really useful for collecting important customer information. Great customer service, even with the timezone difference between France and Australia they made time to video call me and help with different bits and pieces. Highly recommend!

CONS

The only thing that I found tricky was making sure our internet was strong enough to run it at a high quality - the other webinar software we used was an app on the computer so quality was the same all the time, but because Livestorm streams through the internet you have to have good speeds (which Australia typically doesn't! When we ran the webinars from the US we had more than enough internet strength to run a really high-quality video).

Reasons for switching to Livestorm

Livestorm features far outweigh Zoom...Livestorm is like the iPhone, Zoom is like the Nokia. Nothing wrong with it, it's consistent and stable, but Livestorm just has so many more features and the user experience is much better.

Thanks Emma, that's great feedback. The fact that we're streaming through a browser indeed demands a bit more resources both in computer power and internet speed, but it's quite close. The pros of our tech is that the protocol is open-source, fully encrypted, and obviously does not demand any downloads. I strongly suggest going through our docs to get the ideal bandwidth, best practices, and the tool to test your environment.

Replied August 2019

Hanna

Medical Devices, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed December 2020

DON'T subscribe to Livestorm!!!

- It is very difficult to run a video from a Powerpoint presentation on the platform, the sound simply doesnt work. You have to download other softwares and have a very special organization to make it work. Of course when it's your first webinar and you have no idea what the hell is going on... you are happy to be organized and rehearse as it took us 24hours to figure it out, thanks to the ZERO HELP from customer service! - Sometimes... you don't know why or when... your speaker's Powerpoint presentation wont work on Livestorm. It will only be a black screen... For NO REASON AT ALL!!! Just that the platform is not technically ready!!! Again, we were luck to rehearse in advance but I lost 48hours of the time of a very important surgon who was my speaker and stressed out a lot about this technical problem, she went to buy new webcams, eternal microphones.... we even payed for 12hourse help from a technician to go see her in Israel and try to figure it out!!! Nothing worked! Of course NO CUTOMER SERVICE was answering my complaints except only one hour before the webinar to tell me that it wasnt a fixable problem... I had to PAY AN OTHER SUNSCRIBTION TO ZOOM 1 hour before my webinar and send the new link to all my participants... of course it worked perfectly on zoom in one second! I cant tell you how disapointed I am in Livestorm, I have no trust in them anymore, I am complaining to everyone about it and cant even get an answer for the customer service !

PROS

The design of the software is nice. We chose it originally because it is a French company.

CONS

This software is not ready to be used for the general public. I have had many technical problems that completely enabled my webinar to start, mostly because of incompatibility with Powerpoint presentations. Powerpoint presentations are often at the core of a webinar... there CANT BE ANY INCOMPATIBILITY! Also, there is NO COMPETENT NOR ACTIVE CUSTOMER SERVICE. I am paying 2500 dollars a year to speak to a chat bot and maybe have someone answering my questions 24hours after I need an answer!!! ALSO, it is extremely EXPENSIVE, has no cost flexibility, if you need only one month webinar with more than 250 subscribers you have to pay for the whole year

Reason for choosing Livestorm

I chose Livestorm over any other product because it had good reviews and it is a french company. But I now have to go to ZOOM and PAY 2 SUBSCRIBTIONS because Livestorm wont answer any of my complait emails!!! There is no problem on Zoom, it is a much better platform where you can have peace of mind!

Hi Hanna, We are truly sorry to read about this experience. Our platform at that time only supported sharing PowerPoint slides via screen sharing, rather than sending. Moreover, we are sorry to hear that our customer service did not meet your expectations. After examination, our Support team worked closely with you and was in touch within 1 hour of your first correspondence with us. We apologize if this was not sufficient. With regards to our pricing plan, it's our mission to be as clear and transparent as possible. As outlined on our pricing page, we offer the ability to choose between annual and monthly plans. There's also options to further customize your plan. We were sorry to hear about this experience and after discussion in December, our Support team had provided you with a full refund. We reviewed your comment again carefully and we'll take it into consideration to continue providing our customers and users with a great experience. All the best, Daniella from Livestorm

Replied February 2021

Leonie

Non-Profit Organization Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Intuitive tooling that works very well for global webinars

The overall experience has been really good and we've had many compliments from over the world. The software is easy to use and as people do not need to download a separate programme makes it accessible.

PROS

It is easy to set up webinars, very intuitive and provides you with a nice data dashboard to directly understand the success of your webinar. Livestorm keeps innovating and improving, and listens to the feedback of their customers. Also, a big plus for us is that Livestorm is GDPR compliant.

CONS

It is a browser software, meaning that it is more susceptible to the internet connection of the speakers. On the other hand, we have not had any speaker (unless there internet was completely down) not being able to finish their presentation. A simple page refresh usually does the trick, but it can of course impact the user experience when speakers drop off.

Reason for choosing Livestorm

After making a first selection we thoroughly tested 3 webinar softwares, Livestorm was by far the most intuitive and as a browser based software easy accessible from all over the world. Also, as Livestorm is a French based organisation it has to comply with GDPR, for the American based software's it was not always apparent whether they indeed were GDPR complient when looking deeper into their privacy regulations.

Bruce

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed June 2020

Livestorm for Webinars

PROS

We have used Livestorm for webinars since we were spun out from another company (who use GoToWebinar) and it has been great! We run multiple webinars a month using the platform. We like that no client/downloads are required to view or host webinars and use the "company page" on our website as a way to serve up recorded webinars on-demand and be able to capture viewers details to feed our sales process (which you obviously don't get with Youtube alone). We also like that you can add speaker bios into the platform, there are many other platforms to host these, but none that are integrated with the whole webinar experience. Finally, the whole UI/experience can be branded more deeply than other platforms making for a more seamless experience for attendees

CONS

We recently ran a 16 hour virtual conference which we had wanted to record but were unable to record more than 2 hours with Livestorm. We ended up using Zoom because of this single limitation, which was a real shame as there are many things about the zoom platform that are worse than Livestorm (managing permissions to mention one!)

Reasons for switching to Livestorm

No downloaded client required, slicker experience

Nolan

Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed February 2024

Not dependable

Overall I would say "eh". They do have nice features, but the system itself needs to be more reliable. We are looking for alternative options that will be able to provide that. Plus they are incredibly expensive.

PROS

Registration page is nice, and the data following events is good too.

CONS

If someone outside your organization is joining as a presenter/speaker the meeting format is incredibly unreliable. Ruins events and makes your organization look unprepared.

Rob

Publishing, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Intuitive, high-quality next-gen webinar platform

PROS

Livestorm is easy to set up. There's loads of functionality for hosts in the back end but fundamentally it's the quality of the videos and the ability for team members/hosts to "direct" a webinar, selecting which speakers to go full screen, when slides should go full screen, sharing video etc.

CONS

There are a few simple things like a post-webinar survey that, while possible, needs a little more technical ability. I haven't really used the automation capabilities but I imagine once I try to we will be able to do things like this easily.

Reason for choosing Livestorm

Ease of use, modern look and feel, competitive cost.

Reasons for switching to Livestorm

We needed a better video webinar solution and GlobalMeet just felt too clunky and old-fashioned. Also high-cost for questionable customer service.

Andy

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Our Go To Webinar Software

We run a face to face training company. We couldnt train face to face anymore so it enable us continue to provide services in the current new norm. In the future we will be able to use it as an extension to our physical sessions too.

PROS

An abundance of included features over and above the competition, no additional 'add-ons', were not fans of the 'Ryanair' menu type software services we just want it to include stuff. Simple user interface and good analytics integrations and analytics

CONS

The support isn't instantly available if you have on the spot issues, but we have only had a need for this once in 6 months. The Current customization and design to white label are a little limited, as is the ability to shift and size broadcast windows to suit

Reason for choosing Livestorm

More rounded offering that fitted our specifications. Payment otions to suit. Really simple to deploy and maintain.

Jérôme

Wine and Spirits, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2021

Go for it, cocorico !

I can really promote my business to a large panel of people, there is no download needed for the users, there is a unique and personal link for acces to the room for each attendee so i'ts safe ! I will also implement my livestorm page to my website with the program of my online meetings, I'ts very practical,

PROS

The fact that with livestorm my compagny LET'S DRINK SAS can reach people whom not attempted beacause they left their contact information during the inscription process, so I can re-schedule.

CONS

sometimes there is beugs, but they fixed it fast

Reason for choosing Livestorm

we're french, I wanted to promote the french genius, plus, their options are the best.

Reasons for switching to Livestorm

due to the fact that there is no download needed, I think it's a very simple process for the attendees

Sam

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Good Promise very appalling Product

Initial complaint was brushed of as a technical error. Someone did call us to apologize and offer us a "compensation" only if we subscribed for one year ! Second support ticket was greeted with a message telling us their team was on a skiing holiday... Last support ticket is still un-answered, whilst they imply that the sound issue was coming from our connectivity issue while the facts show that this is not the case. This is a beta product, would definitely not recommend this app for a business webinar !

PROS

Ease of use and online web interface is definitely the best feature of this app

CONS

Very low conversion rates on webinar landing page! Very little custom personalization can be done on the subscription page Option to accept only professional emails made us lost subscribers of a listed company !! Listed company that had a domain nothing to do with public webmail domain. Voice quality when presenting a webinar with two users was catastrophic, the cause was not a connectivity issue but a bug with Livestorm that made it impossible to have two presenters have their mics on ! Chat notifications are on by default for the speakers resulting in an inaudible echo...

Hi Sam, This is Elif from Livestorm, reaching out to you on behalf of the whole team. Please know that we're sincerely sorry for the bad experience that you had with our platform. We take pride in our customer care and strive to be as reactive as possible. In the case of special circumstances, we proactively notify our users in advance. Two members of our customer care team followed up on the issues that you've submitted on your end. We apologize if you didn't find our responses satisfactory. We've verified the email address in question, and see that there are registrations with that email domain in our system. Regarding the audio issues, please know that live streaming relies heavily on environmental factors like your internet connection. We strive to give the best experience to all our users, so we certainly dropped the ball here! We will keep reviewing what happened and make sure that everything is running smoothly on our end. Thank you for trying us out! Best, Elif

Replied February 2021

Sara

E-Learning, 201-500 employees

Reviewed September 2021

My ultimate savor "Livestorm"

Overall experience was just great, i did let go of Tencent and Zoom and used this ultimate savor.

PROS

You can easily set up webinars, and the interface is quite user-friendly. After our amazing "Speakout8" competion held on Livestorm I can assure  You also get a beautiful  interactive webinars with the option of inviting users to speak on the stage and ask their questions.

CONS

There is a common registration page for all events, which we would like to change or remove from time to time. What is apparent for the managers versus the moderators versus the speakers versus the spectators is not always understandable.

Reasons for switching to Livestorm

I was geneuily impressed by the ease of use of liestorm and compared to its existing features and other program features, i would just recommend it, as i named it , the ultimate savor.

1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed April 2022

Easy to set up and operate for customer webinars

We switched to Livestorm after a bad experience with a branded product in a middle of a series of webinars. The learning curve to get adjusted to the new product was surprisingly fast and we could continue the webinar program without any delay. The presenters and audience did not really notice that we changed platforms !

PROS

Possibility to rehearse the webinar, greatly contributes to improve delivery and logistics

CONS

Customisation of interface is a bit basic with too many restrictions on layout

Reason for choosing Livestorm

Recommendation from a customer and successful pilot

Reasons for switching to Livestorm

Bad experience with product support

ANDREEA

E-Learning, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2020

best software for live trainings and webinar

So far is been great :)

PROS

The professional looking emails and the fact that it updates the time zone to the guest time zone. All the options and ease of use. The customer service. There is really nothing that I found that I do not like so far. I plan to use this for a long time to come in my business as a trainer.

CONS

Not sure if is least, but I would like if there was an option to send a recording of a live session for only 24 hrs or an expiry date. Also your lesson on how to connect livestorm to eventbright through zappier was a bit outdated, maybe the zappier version changed since because I had a hard time figuring some points out. Thank you and keep up the great job.

Reason for choosing Livestorm

I enjoyed the initial customer service interaction but I actually did not get any reply when I asked now about the offer to pay in advance for 3 months and get a discount. I enjoyed the experience when I participated in the livestorm webinar, the emails, the ease of use. It looks neat and well organized for the students.

Will

Internet, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed April 2021

Most useful webinar software available

Creating engaging content when everyone was getting webinar fatigue was one of our key objectives. Livestorm has helped us achieve this with their engaging sign up pages, live features and post-event triggers.

PROS

The ease of interacting with the audience such as polls, Q&A and chat is really useful for creating engaging content that retains attention. We found the ability to embed YouTube videos really clever and made the overall experience a bit special to the ones our competitors are running. Once it's finished the automation to send the users to a specific landing page is really important for our post-event sales process. Being able to watch this on-demand means our content is ever-green and used for multiple campaigns throughout the year.

CONS

The limited number of streams on the webinar were a hindrance, however, Livestorm have listened to our requests and increased this now.

Reason for choosing Livestorm

It had more features and overall experience felt better

Matthias

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Very smooth webinar software with convenient automation features

Can only recommend after trying Zoom Webinars and Webinar Ninja before.

PROS

Webinars can be set up very easily and with just a few clicks you can make a single webinar a multi-session series. In combination with template-able emails, admin in the background is kept at a minimum level.

CONS

We using it with German end users, translation is not entirely optimal there.

Reason for choosing Livestorm

German version was still better than the comparison.

Liam

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Livestorm is a comprehensive tool for mimicking social settings

It is a fundamental tool for fostering online collaboration. It has been essential; we brought together and connected teams from all departments. It is functional and has yet to cause any problems between staff members. It's fantastic, and I encourage you to make it your primary mode of communication because of the ease with which you can send messages whenever you want and initiate calls or video conferences with a simple mouse touch.

PROS

One of the reasons I like Livestorm so much is that it makes it easy for me to get in touch with my coworkers and other people quickly. I like how the program is structured generally. It's simple to set up and provides businesses a streamlined procedure for managing and organizing online events. Companies can quickly contact more people, engage with them, and generate more leads with the help of Livestorm. My unique ability to communicate is in high demand.

CONS

One issue I've encountered while trying to contact Livestorm requires quick attention: the connection frequently cuts off or disconnects during the conversation.

Matthew