• Pros

• "This product is great, and the mobile app is so easy to use "

• "My company uses this product to communicate internally and externally, the app makes it easy to use even on my mobile phone! Great product"

• "This software is very reliable and I really liked the ability to seamlessly place calls over different mediums and text through the app or computer. "

• Cons

• "Sometimes it crashes, but good software overall."

• "The program does take a little longer to load at the initial start up but other than that, the program works great."

• "The only con is the customer service aspect when it came time for our company to purchase new features. It took a while for things to get up and running however they were all friendly. "

Browse RingCentral Office Reviews

Max from SparkCognition

Very Cost Effecient Way to Provide Seamless Phone Service for Local and Remote Employees

I have had a positive experience with RingCentral. We use it for all remote employees and our local conference rooms. Once the IT team had the process down for adding groups and numbers everything has run smoothly.

Pros

RingCentral was very easy to setup for our local office as well as remote employees. We mainly went with RingCentral for this functionality. I could order and ship a phone to a remote employee or set up a phone number for remote employee without them needing a phone and all they would have to do is plug in the phone or log in to RingCentral to get going. Call routing and everything else was seamless to the remote employees.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve in configuring the different groups. The customer success team is there to help you get started over the phone and generally available to help whenever needed. It was a bit of a pain to get started, but this was in 2015. It was quite a few emails back and forth with an account rep to get the right plan and block of numbers.

Reasons for Choosing RingCentral Office

Pricing and features made us choose RingCentral.

Cole from Brandable Inc.

Convenient Calling Solution

Overall, we choose to use RingCentral to making completing and receiving phones calls from external partners easier for our employees. It effectively did exactly what we hoped. Made life easier and solidified an appropriate work life balance. No longer did employees need to give out their personal mobile phone numbers but they were able to use their RingCentral line that went to the very same device. The RingCentral app integrated nicely onto iPhones and made the experience quite hassle free.

Pros

RingCentral has a handful of pros that make the software great and very ideal for doing business. To begin, RingCentral has a mobile phone app that can easily be downloaded on Apple or Android that completely integrates with the calling system on the device. The software gives you a completely new phone line that we used as work lines but the calls come right through on your existing device. As incoming calls come in, your phone indicates that its a call to the RingCentral line which made deciding when to accept a call very convenient. The software includes all the regular features of a phone, such as voicemail. When voicemail messages were left, I would also receive a notification email to my work email that had the audio message included and could listen right on the computer if I wanted to. Furthermore, the best pro I experienced with RingCentral was the ability to complete International calling and texting, both incoming and outgoing. This was the driving factor in me adopting the software and it worked perfectly. I was able to receive international calls without always needing to arrange a scheduled conference call. This made business very convenient. Discovering that I could text internationally through the RingCentral app was a great bonus!

Cons

What I've liked least about RingCentral are more so areas of improvement rather than full blown cons. Most notably, while the mobile app does integrate well and gets the job done, it can often times lag and be a bit clunky. Overall, the app lacks a sense of intuitiveness that proved challenging. Discovering and completing texting through the app, especially internationally, was very much not straightforward or easy to complete and required digging and research on my end. RingCentral even updated their app, creating a new one entirely, but the old app is also still active and both remain on my phone and it's unclear as to which should be used as it appears that both are fully functioning. Ultimately, I suppose the mobile app is the greatest con that RingCentral faces.

August 2016

Harrison from Riskalyze

August 2016

Moderately easy-to-use Phone Software

Pros

We make frequent use of the RingCentral desktop softphone applet in office. The applet works pretty well! This applet is probably the sole reason I like RingCentral as much as I do. Its easy to navigate, dial phone numbers, set yourself away, and transferring is a breeze.

Cons

To name a few: -Round Robin is really the only scalable phone support option. You can sorta make multiple phones ring at the same time, but only in small groups. Essentially, you cannot set up a "ring everyone at the same time" style of phone. I suppose this isn't a big deal for some, but its definitely a downer for us. -The actual website. Navigating and dealing with phone settings and administration related tasks is not easy. Unless you read the knowledge center or know how to do it already, it takes a LOT of clicking around to familiarize yourself with where things are or what certain features are or even what those features may be called. -Not every option is available to change or toggle on the desktop softphone applet, meaning unless you know exactly what needs to be set up and how, it can take a while of clicking and navigating menus until you understand where options live and how to use them.

John from Birchfield Partners LLC

Great VOIP system for big organizations

Overall, RingCentral has been a great improvement in the way we communicate with each other and with clients. The extension system is easy to use to communicate with those who are in the organization and the E-Fax feature despite its blips has been a much needed improvement.

Pros

RingCentral has been a great improvement over our old VOIP system. Among the best features are the conferencing, vacation planners, call forwarding features among many more. Perhaps the best feature that has significantly improved the way we interact with people is the E-Fax feature.

Cons

Although it is one of my favorite features, occasionally I have trouble with the E-Fax feature. Once in a while when someone sends me a fax the entire fax will not come through. Also, clients have had difficulty sending faxes to me in the past. I know for sure it is not on their end because we have a backup physical machine just in case and that has worked on the same days as those who had trouble. We so far have not been able to isolate the problem.

Chad from Eight Eleven Group

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Ring Central - New VoIP Solution

We came from a very archaic platform, that did not give us any ability to report/integrate/etc. With Ring Central, we now have the insight and ease of use. Our users can now use either a softphone or hard-wired desk phone. Click to call has been a game-changer for all of our users.

Pros

The ease of use with this platform far outperforms the competitors such as Vonage/8x8/etc. With over 500 employees we always look for platforms that are easy to use, concise, and simply. Ring Central check all of those boxes immediately. Another great feature is the integration with Salesforce. We utilize Salesforce heavily and the ease of use RingCentral provides with SF is wonderful. Highly Recommend the product if you are looking for a new VoIP provider.

Cons

We are only 6 months into our rollout and there is not much were are finding at fault. If we could change one thing it would be to allow us to provision licenses at a needed basis. We do still need to reach out to a sales rep to acquire additional licenses.

Reasons for Choosing RingCentral Office

Ease of use, Price, and slick integrations are the top three items.

Christopher from Kopper, Morgan & Dietrich

Industry: Law Practice

Best VoIP system out there

Overall we are quite happy with their service. We have rarely had any issues with our phones other than the occasional tech support issue. Their staff is very reliable and has 24-7 support and sticks with you until the problem is solved.

Pros

Ringcentral seamlessly integrates across their desk phone, mobile, and computer platforms. Our attorneys are constantly on the go and this helps them stay connected from wherever they are. Using the mobile platforms they are able to connect to their phone to make and receive calls just like they are at their desk. The web browser (chrome) plugins offers features like click to dial and click to text. This means we hardly ever have to manually dial a number to make a phone call.

Cons

With high quality VoIP service comes high bandwidth needs. We have to upgrade our network and internet service to be able to accommodate the increase load from the VoIP phones. The switch was worth it in the end.

Reasons for Choosing RingCentral Office

Cost and features. RingCentral was cheaper and had better features.

All around solution

The experience thus far has been great, we have not experienced any outages. Another selling point was the integration of Ring Central Rooms which powers all of our conference rooms and is a really great tool.

Pros

It includes all form of communication: Messaging with Glip, Video conferencing, and standard audio calls.

Cons

A large meeting license (100 or more users on a meeting) is static and cannot dynamically move between accounts.

Kelli from Trenchant Insurance

Best phone service we have used

I have been very happy with the service, I love the app version so if I have to step out of the office I can still take calls.

Pros

I like how streamlined the service is. The app works perfectly, we have used other services and we had trouble with the app and we have never had a problem using the desktop or app versions.

Cons

I feel that changing voicemail is a little complicated but once you get the hang of it, it is easier. There are many different options which are great because you have a regular voicemail and after hours.

Sandy from Enfusion

Calls Drop Constantly

Having a system that allows you to take calls from any device makes privacy a lot easier--no need to give out your personal number for business purposes. Also, if people can have calls forwarded it's not necessarily required to give everyone a company-provided smartphone, a huge cost savings as well.

Pros

The RingCentral system allows you to seamlessly use your same phone number on your physical desk phone, laptop, and has an app for your smartphone. As someone who takes a lot of calls in conference rooms for privacy, it's nice to have the calls available on my smartphone versus having to transfer the call to a conference room phone. I also appreciate that the contact list is built into the system so I don't have to search for employees' extensions and whatnot. During times when we work remotely it helps that I don't have to set up call forwarding or anything like that, it's like I never left the office really. The software we have also enables easier international calling from your phone, we are a global company so this is used frequently. The app is easy to use which is nice.

Cons

The biggest issue that we run into is that calls drop a lot in the middle of the call. For example, when I would call colleagues in NY and Dublin, halfway through the call, regardless of where I was located, the call would drop and the app wouldn't reconnect to the data or wifi on my phone, so I'd have to completely reboot my smartphone to get back into the app. It wouldn't be a big deal if it happened every once in a while but I have run into this 5-7 times per week which puts a big strain on my workload.

Moseph from CloudTask

Our experience was less than ideal

It's disappointing, to say the least. Their support system is not customer-centric and, working in this field myself, their customer success leaves much to be desired.

Pros

Initially, we liked Ringcentral's robust features. With our growing team, the platform worked very well during our first months of use.

Cons

The biggest complaint we had was that calls would unexpectantly crash or meeting links wouldn't open. Ultimately the decision was made to stop using the tool because over the course of our agreement, new users were added without removing some old users causing billing confusion. There was clearly a breakdown in communication and management on our end but when we reached out to try to correct the issues with POC, their help was less than ideal, billing remained confusing, and we were paying much more than we had initially budgeted for.

Reasons for Choosing RingCentral Office

At the beginning of our relationship with Ringcentral, we were very optimistic with the evolution of our partnership.

Jenny from ESPYR

Highly responsive customer service

RingCentral helped us to solve the use of old technology like physical faxes. It offered an affordable options for tele-conferences and it provides multiple options for customer service, when needed.

Pros

It is easy to use and administer. We use this sytem for agents that provide Service Management and other users in the company. We have a combination of soft and deskphones that meets all needs. The RingCentral App and the fax features are the favorites amongst users. It is HIPAA compliant and the customer service is stellar. We haven't experienced an outage.

Cons

Deskphones tend to have echo. For some reason, at the beggining we had a lot of issues with the audio (like dead air or choppy calls) but they were addressed promptly. Reporting capabilities are not as robust as other softwares out there.

Dawn from Interstate Fleet Services LLC

Ring Central (the future phone)

Benefits from Ring Central for me are the recorded lines. I deal with a lot of chargebacks and unhappy customers at times. To deal with them I need to have facts of what they are telling me and none other than a recorded line will get me those facts of the conversations had earlier with other employees, to determine the outcome of the issue presented to me.

Pros

My favorite pro on Ring Central are all the lines are recorded and there is easy access to pull up those calls. You simply log into your account on ringcentral.com and all calls can be searched by day, time or phone number. You can save the recordings to your computer and send them where applicable. Another pro is the phone has bluetooth capability. I have hooked up my head set to Ring Centrals phone lines several times. You also can easily transfer calls, add a conference call (3-way calling) and put the phone on DND (Do Not Disturb) if busy. My current Ring Central phone has 4 incoming lines available to ring, although I usually only need 2 lines. My first and last name is also on my phone. You can also set up for your phone to have different ring tones for different people and keep a phone book available on the phone for easy access of calling the people you call the most.

Cons

I have found two cons for Ring Central: Since the phone runs off of internet, if the wifi signal goes down, so does the phone. Unfortunately you will need to wait until the wifi connects again for the phone line to become active again. I do believe there is way to hard wire the phone line as well where it is not connected to wifi. The second would be the recorded calls only go back as far as 3 months. Sometimes in business we need to go back a little further than 3 months.

Monica from Lost Art Construction LLC

My experience with Ring Central

Pros

We own a installation business that installs different products for 5-7 Big Box Home Improvement Centers. We bought a new home in a different area code and poor landline phone service. Changing your phone number with a Big Box company is difficult and produces a lag time in several areas including fax and invoice payments from the Big Box. Before the move I heard about Ring Central from a competitor Installer. Most of our work came in over a fax machine at that time and when we vacationed or spent days away from the office it was hard to continue business. With Ring central all faxes come over your phone, much like a email and you can forward them to the different subcontractors right from your cell phone, taking your office with you wherever you go. Additionally, we did not have to change our office land line number when we moved but with the cloud system offered thru Ring central we were able to have all land line calls come thru our cell phone in addition to calls generated by people dialing our cell phone number. All this at very reasonable prices. I do not have to pay for land line service or fax service, but am able to fax from my cell phone or computer. Ring Central has been a life saver and very convenient for my home business.

Cons

When talking to customers or coworker thru land line cloud phone numbers---If a call comes in over cell phone, the cell phone call takes leadership and often interupts cloud system calls in progress and disconnects calls over land line number. Inconvenient.

Stephen from Chadwell Supply

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Ring Central for Medium Businesses

We use RingCentral daily as our main phone system and we have a customer call center that uses the phone system very heavily. In general we have not had any major downtime with RingCentral but we do have the strange glitches that cause some users headaches trying to get the softphone to work correctly for them. The phone system works most of the time but because we use Plantronics headsets there can be some tricky configuration that users have difficulties with from time to time.

Pros

RingCentral Softphone app is similar to a cell phone which makes it easy for people to relate to the functions of the softphone app. We use Glip, the messaging system that is part of the RingCentral phone app every day and we particularly like the gif feature that allows you to search for gifs and post them to chat. I also like that you can have the RingCentral phone app on both your desktop or laptop computer and your cell phone and you can transfer calls between the two devices pretty easily. The contacts tab on the softphone app is also a great feature that allows us to search for anyone in the company's number easily and quickly and is a great improvement over our last voip system.

Cons

There are a lot of strange glitches with RingCentral that happen, like when a user cannot make or receive phone calls and the only way to fix the issue is to reboot the user's computer (only seen on Windows 7 computers).We have also had strange issue where a user is not logged into a queue and is set to busy or do not disturb as their status and they get missed calls even though their phone never rang. The support and web results for any issue you search for are not helpful and definitely seem to be filtered to make it seem that there are no issues with the RingCentral softphone app. I also do not like how the phone app will take over my keyboard when I get a call and stop me from completing whatever I was typing when the call came in.

Justin from Global Financial Credit, LLC

One of the most complete easy to use fully cloud solutions out there

If you are starting out, you might want to try a cheaper provider first, or bundle with Office 365 if you already have that. I know this is a solid solution. I've never had the chance to use anything else for VoIP, but I know this will get certainly get the job done well. I would have no reservations going into this at all if you need to make a quick decision. This company will be able to handle your system and do everything you need within reason.

Pros

No need to have anything but a desk phone, computer, or mobile device, and the internet to make it work. It is very feature-rich. They work with many phones, even others like Microsoft say are not compatible. If you have a bunch of old equipment that won't work with another cloud provider, RC will be one of your best bets to work with your hardware. If even they don't work with your devices, you probably need to get rid of your archaic technology. Provision is very quick and easy. Their chat support has less than a 10-minute wait, usually no wait. Their support is very capable. They handle all firmware upgrades automatically, at least with our VVX phones.

Cons

Cost much more than a locally-hosted system but I think if money is not an issue, it's much better to let your company do what it does best, and let RC do what it does best. Don't try to be a VoIP provider company just for yourselves. Let the pros do it (unless if you're a VERY large company maybe). Don't pay crazy more for phones from them, just buy them on Amazon and provision them yourself in about three minutes. For rare, advanced problems, sometimes their support drops the ball and you need to contact your account manager. Sometimes he'll be out of the office for several days though. Anytime we've had more than two phones down, they have been able to solve our problems by the next morning, even for CRAZY issues. Most of the time support is very great and I recommend it.

Michael from Royal Rose Properties

Expensive, but worth it if you abuse the system.

We are able to easily communicate (and keep track of our communications) in voice and text from opposite sides of the world without anyone calling in having any indication that we're not all in the same time zone.

Pros

RingCentral allows a far-flung Internet-based company to act like a local company in terms of having a local number to call (and call from), while allowing you to quickly and flawlessly transfer callers between extensions even if those extensions are on opposite sides of the planet. It also records all of your texts and calls, allowing you to download and save them for future needs, which is vital in any litigation-sensitive business like property management. On the level of an individual worker, the ability to mix and match a SoftPhone (on your PC), the RingCentral app (on your mobile device), plus seamlessly forward calls from your landline *and* make a VoiP call that then forwards *your end* of that call to your landline and allows you to have the conversation over the phone like normal.

Cons

Really, the only problem with RingCentral is the price. The price per person per month is steep enough that a smaller company has to really be careful with who they give extensions to, and the limitation to two SoftPhone installs per extension means you can't really use an extension for a whole department or team. Right now, for example, my Marketing team has 3 full-time and 1 part-time worker, but the company can only afford one extension for all of the marketing, so I can't even install a SoftPhone on my desktop and my laptop, because the other one of our SoftPhones is installed on a computer in the Philippines so that we have multiple people who can answer the phone in case one is busy. Oh, and I have had occasional problems where texting a RingCentral number from a service like Google Voice will flat-out not work, and we can't figure out why. But that's a really minor complaint, all things considered. :)

Kim from Mendability

Rock Solid VoIP with great features, but on the expensive side

It's really quite something to have a portable phone system that you can use on any device that can access the internet.

Pros

Never had any downtime with RingCentral, which is a big deal to compensate for the fact that we all work remotely. It's important to feel that we can JUST call. We had the occasional weird softrware incompatibility issues withe some USB headsets with the Softphones, but besides that, it felt like it just worked. We have always been able to set up any menu tree, any re-routing option, any special hours of operation we wanted to, in order to suit our occasional business quirks. They have also been quite flexible with our contract, with the occasional downgrade, even when they did not have to. RingCentral also helps us comply with HIPAA standard, which allows us to have health-realted video calls with our clients on a secure platform. The video calls are really quite good, with little to no lag. RingCentral Meetings seems to be another one of their services that seems to just work. The admin portal seems to get better and better, and easier and easier to use. Even though it has a very extensive list of features and options, we seem to be able to manage each individual line ourselves almost all the time and do everything we need to without calling tech support for help.

Cons

The only cons I can think of are the price (although not as high as 8x8) and the occasional (quite rare, really) long wait time to call support. It can feel a bit overwhelming at first because of all the options and features, but once the initial setup is done, it should be fine.

Robb from RE/MAX Advantage Redlands

Beyond VOIP service a whole business suite

I am able to have access to phone call's pretty much anywhere I go and if I am not near one of the numbers I have set up, I will be notified of message's and be able to check them from all my devices. With the glimp chat interface you can keep in text message contact with team members from your computer or cell phone and if someone does not have Ring Central it's not a problem for they can just download glimp and your in business.

Pros

There are so many things that are pros for this software. One of the best things is being able to take a call from multi devices. You can have a softphone (On your computer), physical phone and an app for your cell phone. The configurations are limitless on how you want an inbound call to be routed. The other great feature is being able to fax from your cell phone or your computer via the soft phone. When it comes to notifications, you can get them via SMS, email or both. If you have a team then your really in business for they have GLIMP which is a message service you can use on either your computer or smartphone. The best part is if someone does not have a RingCentral service, not a problem, they can just download the app and your messaging. Lastly the service staff are very helpful and will walk you thru any issue your having and will also teach you if you want to learn.

Cons

If you're going to use the shared line group and have a firewall make sure you get all the ACL IP's for they have a lot and they change often and RingCentral is not good at keeping you updated.

Gabriel from Purplepass Ticketing

Overall great solution for business phone service

Overall good product but there is a learning curve on the setup (Complex interface) and their phone support isn't great

Pros

Very powerful solution that can be fully managed through their online interface. I like the support of all of the Polycom phones, support for presence, call queue setups, schedules, etc. It's a very comprehensive system that does a LOT.

Cons

Two issues we have..... 1) We used to use phone.com and we found we had better control of the call flow using their system. We've run into some call flow planning issues due to limitations of Ring Central. 2) WOW their customer support is bad bad bad! At least I just had a terrible experience. We hired a new employee and I needed to setup his phone. We had an existing line setup that we weren't using. I just needed to update the line to use his new phone. It wouldn't let me add his phone to the existing line and wanted me to make a new line. I did that and then I had two lines on the extension. I tried to delete one of the extensions and it said I cannot. I call support and the lady on the phone said she "Ok I can fix this for you but don't ever let this happen again". She was dead serious. I got upset at her about that comment. Long story short, she kept me on hold for 35 minutes then said she couldn't do it and they would call me when it's done. I called back in the next day, talked to someone else and within 10 minutes everything was fixed. What the hell!

RingCentral VOIP services offer great value but not a flawless experience.

Pros

Having shopped business telephony solutions for my own professional practice, I settled on RingCentral as offering the best value for my dollar. I didn't need the VOIP services specifically, but since getting a suite of services from RingCentral I have used them routinely. Focusing specifically on the VOIP service offered by RingCentral I will say that RingCentral offers all the hard- or soft-line system customization options you could want, and makes it easy to use their VOIP services in whatever way you may require, either in the office or mobile. Meanwhile, RingCentral offers ready and helpful support for its customers.

Cons

Like any VOIP solution, RingCentral's VOIP quality is going to depend largely on the quality of your internet connection, which may be dodgy if you're operating remotely. This isn't a knock against RingCentral specifically, but a general warning. You'll also find if you're responsible for administering a RingCentral account, including setting up VOIP services, that while the system is extraordinarily powerful in terms of being able to customize it to your specific needs, the interface to do so is, frankly, pretty horrible and obtuse. Fortunately, for most purposes you may be largely able to "set it and forget it". However, if for some reason there are settings you may need to rotate on a regular basis, going through the system portal can be a big hassle.

Stephen from FarStar S.A.C. Consulting Inc.

PBX in the Cloud - Big Look for Small Firms

Our customers continually remark that our presence and appearance is that of a much larger company - they are amazed that a small company can have such features as the automated attendant, directory listing, audio conferencing, faxing, etc that we have. The system is ideal for companies with employees on the road. Everything is accessible from a smart phone, soft phone or physical device. We have had no software bugs/issues since subscribing a year ago. We took advantage of the annual billing option both because we are committed to the product and to obtain the discount.

Pros

The subscriptions are very easy to manage - adding or deleting subscriptions is all done easily online. The setup is quite straight forward but there are a number of advanced options for which users should look at the help files (which are quite helpful). Voice mail, and fax options for each users, as well as opening hours, also easy to set up. What is nice is the ability to have calls routed to devices in parallel or sequence. The call-flip feature to transfer a call from one device to another, without stopping the call, works well. Our firm uses call groups to route calls for specific topics to specific agents. The ability to ring one or multiple agents simultaneously (first to pick up takes the call) is really useful.

Cons

The audio conference and the video conferencing are separate applications. It would be ideal if the audio conferencing users could use a web browser to connect the same as the video conference app. I can see the pros and cons of two applications but it can be a bit confusing to subscribers and their customers.

Lance from Leaps and Bounds, LLC

Equivalent alternatives exist at a significantly lower cost

Telephone auto attendants have become somewhat commoditized in their pricing. It's beyond understanding then that Ringcentral would undertake a pricing revision that tripled the monthly cost of their SaS to our company. Perhaps they're contemplating a merger/offering and attempting to boost their value short-term. I can't imagine that in the middle to long term many Ringcentral customers will accept the new pricing strategy when so many lower-priced equivalent alternatives exist.

Pros

Reliable-- over three years of use the web based system did not have any notable downtime. Ease of use-- easy to implement our telephone map on the Ringcentral system.

Cons

Customer service. Our company had three separate Ringcentral accounts. Sadly, after several years of using Ringcentral they changed their "pricing strategy" which doubled, and then tripled our monthly service charge-- although we did not change our business or the way we used the software.

Pricing

Joel from OneStrand

RingCentral Rings Our Bell! For a Price.

Pros

The softphone app performs well and is easy to use. The softphone app can be installed on multiple computers allowing you to have, for example, one copy installed on your desktop and one copy installed on your laptop. This means that I can leave my desk and take my laptop with me and still be able to answer my phone. The softphone integrates with Outlook, so I don't have to duplicate all my contacts into another piece of software. This saves so much time and makes life so much easier.

Cons

Missed calls are not registered on the soft phone in a timely manner. If I have a missed call, the soft phone may not show it for a few minutes or for a few hours. Their is no app for Windows 10 mobile and no app for Windows 10 (besides the standard Windows OS application). Having a native UWP would be a great option for RingCentral Soft phone installs are limited to two devices, so I can't install the soft phone on my work PC, work laptop, and home PC. Limiting the amount of soft phones that can connect to the service could be bumped up to 3 or 4. The soft phone application is easy to use, but I think a revamp of the styling would make it even easier. I often click on different tabs because the icons are not always clear. One icon could mean two different things to two different people.

Melissa from CRC

RingCentral Phone System

Pros

- Good call quality. Since it's VoIP, I was worried about call quality and dropped calls - but we've had RingCentral almost 2 years and I've never had an issue. It's all dependent on your internet connection, so if your internet is not great, then RingCentral probably isn't the best option for you. - Once you get the hang of it, it's easy to manage accounts and set up new users. - Great if you don't have a receptionist, or if most of your employees work remotely. You can have physical phones, as well as and app so that employees can use their cell phones. - Much cheaper than most standard phone carriers. - Fax option is great, you don't have to have a real fax machine - just a scanner.

Cons

- Implementation wasn't hard, but their administrative account is not the most user friendly. There are a ton of settings options, and if you don't use the phone system exactly how RingCentral assumes you will, it can take a while to configure your way and get around certain defaults. - Customer service is about what you'd expect - only a call center with agents that are hard to understand. Luckily we only needed customer service during implementation, we haven't had any issues since. - Employees will need to be trained, you can't just hand them the phone and account and tell them to run with it. One older employee had an extremely hard time with faxing - couldn't get over the fact that there wasn't a real fax machine.

Charles from CTS Global Products USA, Inc.

Expensive but Useful

I use RingCentral in our business every day. I can easily determine who has called during the past 60 days, and how often. I can also evaluate how many calls I'm missing, and I have the capability to quickly reference all of those calls that need to be returned. This software is a bit pricy, but if they could incorporate a better data function for customers it would be more than worth the cost.

Pros

RingCentral provides a valuable resource for companies with high call volumes. I like the fact that you can have multiple users and each user can be set up with their own Voice Messaging. The ability to create multiple greetings depending on if there is someone there to take the call, the time of day, if you are open or closed, or gone on vacation. I'm certain that RingCentral is more than most small businesses will ever use, but enough to take care of nearly every telephone need.

Cons

There is no way to maintain a useful database for your customers. Although there is a Contact feature, it's very basic. This Software would be a home-run if it had a useful database feature. For example, when a call comes in, it would be able to pull up a customers record on-screen that could be edited while speaking to the customer. It would also be useful to be able to import a CVS file to capture existing customers.

Nathan from CareerSource Florida

Industry: Public Policy

Almost Perfect VOIP Service

Moving to hosted VOIP from a POTS service was the best thing we ever did. I now have complete control over our voice communications and our users have more features and functionality available to them than they know what to with. Everyone loves it.

Pros

RingCentral has everything: centralized control, SMS, great Polycom phones, mobile app, fax as a service, voicemail and fax to email, Outlook and Office 365 integration, and the list goes on. The best part? It all works well. You can literally customize any part of the service. And unlike some providers, you don't pay extra for the auto attendant, which can be as simple or as complex as you care to make it. Their support will walk you through it all, helping you to achieve the perfect setup. You can have the service do secondary rings to your cell, the mobile app, the Windows app, whatever. I honestly cannot think of a single feature or function I've wanted that wasn't already available.

Cons

The reason RingCentral is only "almost perfect" is the annoying account reps, who call frequently. One time I had one call every user on our account within the space of a couple of days! This was done under the guise of ensuring everyone was happy with the service, but all that did was create a scenario where everyone complained--for the first and only time, mind you--about RingCentral. Fortunately, it had nothing to do with the actual service.

Brian from HEALTHandMED.com

Once I switched to using my cell - life got so much better

As a person who is typically third on the hierarchy of phone calls I have really hated having to cover the phones when people have been out. One day, after a few particularly long phone calls my neck was hurting and I decided that I needed to stop using the regular handset. I brought my Bluetooth device in the next day and started using the app. This app has been a lifesaver. I am happier now having both hands available. Furthermore, the ability to transfer calls to different people is very smart. I have the ability to even send to people's personal number where on the old app I couldn't do that. I have tried to use the messaging app, but as of yet we are still using Teams for our internal messages. Thank you for the App RingCentral!

Pros

I actually have been fairly skeptical of the software since I've been using the IP phone for a year and a half. I was never too proud of it and what it could do. However, once I have switched to using the app on my phone and a bluetooth, I really couldn't be any happier. I have full powers and the ability to even transfer to personal cell phones. I am happy now.

Cons

When we were all using IP phones we had different phones and that made some things not behave well at all. Other than that, the app has things in a little different places than the regular Ring Central phone app, but I like it better.

Thad from Vazquez & Servi, P.C.

Yes. It is awesome!

This is simply huge improvement over the old time he phones. They have a great reputation. We have not even begun to implement all the features such as the integration between RingCentral and Zapier and our CRM to automatically send over call logs or notes.

Pros

I can use this to call from anywhere. I don't need to use my desktop phone. If I met the house and I'm working from home, I have my CRM and RingCentral on my desktop and it is almost just as good as working at the office. As far as my clients know, it is just as good. I use this whether I travel or am at home and it is seamless.

Cons

I wish it had a stronger intercom feature for the soft phones. The soft phones are the desktop applications that work like a phone. I also wish that they would offer text-only numbers which would be super helpful so long as they do it at a much lower rate than the regular numbers. I don't want to use my regular telephone number to send text to my clients and I don't want to use the main company number to do that either. They're very good reasons for this such as I don't want clients calling me back on my desktop number because I'll never get anything done if there calling me directly all the time. I don't want them receiving a text from me at the main company number (it does allow you to set it up as though you are calling from the company's main number or texting from the company's main number but that's a bad idea for us) and then sending a text back to the main company number and the front desk team was not in the loop for the initial conversation.

Mary from Ready Mortgage Corp.

Digital Calls at your fingertips

up until this month everything has been great, once we found out about price change our account rep contacted us about the price which was great on their part but they did nothing to try to keep us as a customer due to our company being a long term customer. We are still in process of perhaps moving to a different service.

Pros

It's very user friendly, they have great customer service. Our company has their own account manager which happens to be very helpful.

Cons

They recently increased their prices on lines with local numbers, the price did remain the same for digital lines so our bill is going to go up higher while other companies are offering better prices for the same services.

Reasons for Choosing RingCentral Office

at the time it had the best reviews.

Mo'men from Gekkou Store

RingCentral Office Review

Love it!

Pros

RingCentral is what we use for calls at work. It's great and easy to use for making and receiving calls. It sorts out your log and you can easily check a certain call you had and listen to it, since everything is recorded. It's easy to transfer calls from, do conference calls, and parking the call is a great feature we use when it's so busy and we need to pick up calls on queue. I love that I could change the ringtone, since the default ringtone was annoying and stressful. The quality of the voice is great, and it supports HQ and standard quality, depending on what kind of connection you have. It can send short messages too, and you can adjust your shift/queue time from the web page (RingCentral Portal). It's well-integrated with SalesForce. I know many small businesses that use it too. I'm not part of the team that chose it for the company I work for, but as far as I know, it's not as expensive as other phone services.

Cons

The quality changes drastically when the connection is unstable. That's the only issue I face using RingCentral.

Ring Central Desktop soft phone

Ive used Ring Central for 8 years and most of that time its been perfect service. I have had some spotty quality of service issues, mostly related to my equipment and they have been great at troubleshooting whether it is their settings or my router settings that need to be updated.

Pros

The Ring Central desktop soft phone allows me to phone, fax, text, initiate voice conference calls or video meetings, and more functions I still haven't used. The platform is stable, it is easy to configure, it has excellent telephone support and it is has a very competitive price. I use a plantronics headset and have been using Ring Central for 8 years.

Cons

A couple of basic enhancements to better manage conference call access codes that have been requested on their website for the past 7 years have still not been implemented. Their product support team expects me to be able to spend an hour on the phone every time they call and try to cancel the ticket if I don't take their call immediately. But overall they have provided in depth network troubleshooting support when I have had occasional quality of service issues (robotic sounding calls).

Isaac from Hinman Consulting Engineers, Inc.

Industry: Executive Office

Excellent cloud phone system for small business!

Seamless phone integration across multiple offices, a greatly reduced cost, and higher reliability and redundancy.

Pros

Ring Central is extremely easy to use and set up. Reliability is second to none and it has allowed me to seamlessly integrate our corporate phone system across three offices spread out around the country. The online and desktop experience is superb and well-liked by all employees. The app for smartphone makes it very easy to use your mobile device just like the desk phone and you can call all internal and external contacts on the go just as if you are at your desk. The cost is much lower than we were paying before and the best thing about Ring Central is that it involves no hardware (except for the phone) so no risk of server issues or need to ever pay anything for these. Their support is excellent and whatever very minor issues that have come up were quickly resolved via online chatting. Switching our corporate phone system to Ring Central has been one of the best things our company has ever done.

Jeanine from Turner Homes, LLC

Opinion about the voicemail option

Generally the voicemail feature of this software is great, as I've noted. Our phones work well, there are some nice features for forwarding calls and receiving faxes. Again, I'm not an administrator, just an end user, so I don't know what the full capabilities are, but from what I've seen, it's very useful and easy to use.

Pros

I really only use the voicemail and fax options of this software, I like it a lot because it sends me an email with the incoming phone number and it sometimes give a transcript of the message. This way, even when I'm out of the office, I know how many phone calls I've missed and who they are from.

Cons

The transcripts are good, when they are completed. Recently (the past 8-10 months) I have not been getting transcripts, it always tells me the message could not be transcribed. I haven't asked anyone about this, so it may be something that could be easily solved, it just isn't all that important to me. Also, the faxes come in to only one person and then have to be distributed to the intended person. Not sure if that's an option that can be changed or not.

James from OpenTempo

I have had a good experience with RingCentral, but make sure your system is powerful enough

Pros

The RingCentral Office suite has some great products which really integrate well with each other. I host daily meetings with the RingCentral Meetings app and quality is usually good. I also do a lot of cold calling from the soft phone and have the phone integrated with our Salesforce CRM, which makes logging calls very easy. The RingCentral messaging app (Glip) is one of my favorite parts of the suite of products. Great for communicating with your team, sending files quickly, starting a quick video call, and just collaborating in general.

Cons

Although I love Glip, it keeps freezing on me and I have to uninstall it and reinstall it. Only to have it happen a few minutes later. Luckily, they have a web version of the app, which works great, but I do wish the desktop app would work. We had a lot of issues with call/meeting quality with RingCentral when we first started, but soon realized it was the fault of the systems we were running the program on (4GB Microsoft Surface Tablets). We were experiencing bad call quality, echoes, and delays in calls. After switching to an 8GB Surface most if not all of those issues have been resolved.

Maria Lenin from Dewayne Hill / Keller Williams Agent

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Office Tool while working at home or anywhere

Pros

I am from the philippines and as a Virtual assistant we need to call businesses at the United States. Ring central provides your own work phone number both web based and desktop tool that you can install in your Pc or laptop. With this tool,calling our leads was easy providing us better results and more sales. The quality is good and connection is stable. They number that appears to them would be a US number. Aside from their great voip, they have ring central meetings which i use when i do a sales presentation to my clients. Connection is good and they can see ny screen clearly without compromising thevoice quality. Recording the presentation is also a great feature which we save for upcoming trainings of new agents. Great customer suppport and client service is commendable.

Cons

The cost is much higher compared to other voips. Some features have additional cost. You can not choose only the voip to pay lower. Glip and ring central meetings are included in the

Sheri from Arrow Equipment Inc.

Ring Central for Office - Best Business Telephone System Money Can Buy

Pros

Ideal business internet phone system on the market. Everything in one place - telephone, fax, text, zoom meetings, quick chat, you name it - Ring Central has it. The Ring Central App has benefited our business immensely. We can have sales associates on the road and still transfer calls from the office to them; the customer will not know whether they are in the office or on the road. Quick chat function (Glip) makes it easy to set up teams via chat (e.g. Sales Team) to push up daily targets, communicate fast and easily to a specific person, etc. People often respond to a message quicker than a phone call! The capabilities of Ring Central are endless. I would recommend anyone looking at a telephone system to check out Ring Central in detail.

Cons

Being an internet phone system, we have found the connectivity has been an issue. Some days the phone line will be extremely crackly, even though we have the best internet system available in our location.

Hayley from Dogwood Hills Communications

Makes remote work simple

I work from home, and have had exactly zero problems with RingCentral. It has been an optimal program, and even in this COVID-19 world, with all of the classrooms meeting digitally, we had no problems having our systems work.

Pros

I love that RingCentral has so many components included. Not only do I have a work number, but I can make and receive calls from any device I have installed it. I don't have to have a physical desk phone to be a professional. I can also take calls on the run, even though the customer dialed my "desk phone". I love that I can set up which number I'm using to call out (direct line, main line, or personal line) and I absolutely love the fact that I can text with this service. It comes in so handy!

Cons

I stated in the pros that I love all of the different components. My only complaint would be that they are all seperate apps/programs. We use RingCentral Phone and RingCentral Meetings, but it would be nice if there was a dashboard that had all of that in one screen.

NOE from Madrid Insurance Services Ins

Very Good Service

It helps me with my sales, I could not work without this software.

Pros

I like the ability to install in the Desktop App, Cellphone and even on my tablet. The fax feature is very simple, its just the number@rcfax.com, other service use very long fax email in order to send by email, you can print directly to fax, or fax from Desktop App. I can send Pictures from the Desktop App and from Mobile App, this is very useful for my work. They had a promotion for a fee Headset and they delivered. I have used the service for a couple of years already and experienced only one downtime for an hour or two, so very reliable. The cost is higher than most of the other providers. But, I guess its worth it.

Cons

I always get confused with the settings, it is not very easy to get the actual system going. I have experienced some glitches where the app does not open on the desktop, I have to call myself once, then the app stays open after that.

Tim from Cool Solutions Group

Great product...terrible cancellation process

Pros

We have used RingCentral for about 10 years...the product has done well. However, when it was time to cancel, the process is painful, laborious and down right ridiculous. The hoops and time I had to waste to cancel a $25/mo subscription was ludicrous. We had already ported our number to Zendesk and just wanted to stop the account....GEEZ!!!!!! Buyer beware.

Cons

Cancellation was horrific. the process to terminate an account should be revisited.

Tina from Choice Motor Credit LLC

Great Product!

We have had an excellent experience with Ring Central. Customer service has always been prompt to assist.

Pros

This program is so user friendly even a child could use it. The fax out service allows you to send fax directly from your email, or you can use the desktop or app portal and send it the traditional way. Notifications come directly to your email, so you just open the PDF and view, or you can save to file. Another great option is the HIPPA compliance feature. This will then require a log in to view sensitive materials that may be subject to privacy laws. This program is be a great addition for any business.

Cons

The preview cover sheet option does not work on all browsers, so we are not sure of the layout. Sometimes there are lags in outgoing transmissions and they take a little longer than others.

Reasons for Choosing RingCentral Office

Service was more robust and had more to offer. Value Value Value!

Michael from Cloud Tech Smart

Whether using desktop/mobile app, a browser or an actual phone, RingCentral has you covered.

We can't imagine a better solution for our unified communication needs. We use RC Meetings for each team's weekly updates and strategy sessions, Glip to message back and forth and share files in the interim, and use the desktop and mobile apps for RingCentral on a daily basis.

Pros

I'm not sure how much more robust the software could possibly be. We use RingCentral in-house as well as resell it and if it isn't top tier UCaaS, I don't know what is.

Cons

There is a wide dearth between the mobile or desktop apps and the browser application in terms of functionality. This isn't necessarily a bad thing as for most users, the lion's share of their interaction with RingCentral would likely either be via a desktop phone or on a computer screen; but I don't often have need to launch the app in the browser and do most of my work from my mobile device anyway. So as an admin, my ability to oversee the account is limited in those contexts.

David from Geeks-r-Us, Inc.

Great Phone Service for Any Sized Organization

I have used RingCentral for almost 15 years with no significant outages or issues in that time - and with fully integrated voice features, texting, and audio - video conferencing bridges built into the service my complete Unified Communications is in one fixed price monthly bill. I couldn't be happier with either the product, the service, or the support I've received.

Pros

An incredibly flexible product that is easy to program; with features from interactive menus to full call center capabilities, RingCentral can scale from single-line businesses to supporting organizations with thousands of lines in hundreds of locations. No on-premise equipment needed other than desk phones, this fully Voice over IP (VoIP) service is completely managed from a web portal for provisioning users, managing their services, voicemail, etc.

Cons

Enhanced Caller ID (with name) should be available on all levels of service.

Excellent software

Ring Central has made my job substantially more convenient and helped me a lot in separating business from my personal life. I love it and would recommend it to any business looking to set up a company line.

Pros

Ring Central is an excellent software for communicating with clients without giving away personal information. It allows you to use your own phone while setting work hours, redirecting calls, having a separate voicemail, and using a different phone number than your own (like I said, no giving away personal information). You’re even able to text from your new number! One of the largest benefits, in my opinion, is knowing whether incoming calls are through your personal number or your Ring Central number. It allows you to know if you should answer personally for friends and family or professionally for business. Ring Central also starts you out with a company directory with all the other users in your company, making contacting anyone you need extremely easy. The last major benefit is the ability to change (or block) the number you’re calling from. If an issue arises (say a contracted client is ignoring or blocking your calls after services were rendered), you’re able to try with a different number.

Cons

By nature, the software does use internet access, whether it’s data or WiFi. That’s no fault of Ring Central, but rather just by design of using a third party software on your phone. There also isn’t an ability to have group texts (at least, not that I’ve found).

Jennifer from Nowell Steel and Supply, Inc

Industry: Warehousing

Quick and Easy Online Faxing

We have successfully switched to faxing online rather than using a physical fax machine. I initially thought this task would be more daunting and avoided it for a while. But RingCentral's platform has made the transition seamless.

Pros

My company has been using RingCentral Office primarily for online faxing purposes for three years now. RingCentral's UI makes it incredibly easy to switch from physical faxing to online faxing. It is made even more convenient since you can fax directly from your email. I cannot tell you how happy we were to be able to finally get rid of our antiquated fax machine.

Cons

Initially logging in was more cumbersome as you had to remember each individual profile's phone number and unique password. But they have since updated their log in system and now you can log in using an email address which is much simpler and easier to remember .

Nick from Synergy Insurance Services

It's a good product but has some limitations/annoyances

Pros

--Works great as VOIP phone system for small office --The text messaging feature is just like the one on your phone, you get SMS and MMS, it's Awesome --Is able to be integrated into various automation platforms --Comes with the "paid" version of Zoom meetings --Desktop App is pretty good --Integrates well with Google Chrome and other web browsers --Has click to dial from the Chrome extension --Setup initially is pretty simple.

Cons

--Customer service is pretty meh. Your "rep" is going to change quite frequently and they aren't based in the US, so there is a serious cultural and language barrier. They also will not understand how to help your business. --Setting up the product with automation platforms is complicated if you don't have significant technical skills. --The product is pretty pricey relative to what you receive, in my opinion --There desktop has some quirks that take some getting use too. --There is about a 1/2-1/4 sec latency in the phone connection. Can be very annoying sometimes. --Occasionally, the connection with another person, especially if its a cell phone is shotty. 2x a week I'd say.

Scott from Bieniek Law, P.C.

Industry: Law Practice

Should Have Started my Business with Ring Central

Pros

Intuitive web portal for configuring VoIP system. Custom fax pages. Great mobile and softphone apps.

Cons

Haven't really stumbled upon any weaknesses. Maybe the need to call support when I couldn't figure out how to set something up myself? Hasn't happened often and support has always been great.

Nick from Computer Software

Industry: Graphic Design

RingCentral makes staying connected work

RingCentral VoIP has left a lasting impression on me as it will definitely be my go to whenever working for another company that uses anything else or if I start a company on my own.

Pros

I used RingCentral on the job for answering support calls. The best part about RingCentral are the features it provides. I specifically enjoy the abilities to easily forward calls to my cell phone and to ring out if I'm using a mobile device to make the call. These services made days working from home ten times easier and looking at competitors they don't nearly have as many features.

Cons

RingCentral is expensive. From time to time you also get calls where the other recipient can't hear you, which I'm sure is common in most VoIP services. The cons are rather minimal and while I tend to mention price a lot in reviews I don't usually see it as that big of a factor outside of what your company can afford. Using some of the best services usually cost a bit more to the competition.

JudyAnn from Bar JD

I find RingCentral to be very efficient and easy to work with for my needs

The calls come through efficiently and effectively. I don't think I've ever had to say "RingCentral has messed something up." Consistently, quietly efficient.

Pros

I like being able to track calls on a call log that I can download into Excel. I can download call logs and use the Find option in Excel to check for numbers to prove the presence of calls. I use the RingCentral app on my smart phone. The ability to text as well as call is very helpful because so many people will read a text ahead of a voice message. Multiple users were not difficult to set up after support walked me through the process. Support was always helpful, although they did encourage me to learn to do things without them. Security is good; there are multiple places requiring a second login to reach. Having the fax option is most helpful.

Cons

The interface is a little intimidating until you have worked with it for awhile. The tutorials were outdated when I began.

Karen from Marvel & Wong, PLLC

Great phone system

We have had a few glitches but overall have been very happy with the product. We are committed to using it for our law firm's communications.

Pros

Ring Central allows me to make and receive calls on my mobile phone without giving my clients my personal number. The app interface is easy to use. I am also a huge fan of Ring Central activities (formerly Glip) that is a task manager. My paralegal and I manage all my tasks and to dos through it. I love that I can fax a word document directly from Ring Central without converting it to a pdf first. Big time saver. You get an email with copy of the texts you receive. Big help for tracking clients.

Cons

Sometimes there are problems connecting on the phone - not sure how much of that is my wifi or internet connection and how much is the app.

Amy from InterGuard Software

Like having a landline - inside your computer and cell phone

A very inexpensive way to enable all our staff to make calls to any country at any time. As a user, I find it highly easy to answer / make calls. As a manager, I really appreciate the ability to run reports on my staff's call volume, call durations, and to listen to recordings.

Pros

My company uses RingCentral for our entire staff. I like being able to answer my phone from wherever I am - no need to be in the office - or even the country! I also manage a team of sales people, so we use the recording feature in order to be able to play back and listen to their sales calls - highly useful for those time we need to play back a call to hear exactly what the lead said (or what we offered).

Cons

My number rings on both my computer and my cell phone. Most of the time I answer my ring central calls right from my computer right away - however my phone will keep ringing for 3 or 4 rings after I've already picked up on my computer. It's not a huge problem, but a bit annoying.