• Pros

• "The software is very user friendly and very easy to use, even for older users. And the support is excellent."

• "I love the ease of access and it is so user friendly. "

• "It was very easy to navigate the pages. We had several members who were reluctant to try the product, but the ease of use made the transition easier for people to adapt."

• Cons

• "The approval function needs a little tweaking, at least from our perspective, but the overall voting piece is very easy to use."

• "SO far nothing yet. The platform is easy to use. The help function could be a little more helpful - I would like to search for a word and get all results rather than a manual."

• "Something things are a little hard to find; but the funtion is there."

Browse OnBoard Reviews

Sean from Nesta

Simple and Effective Board Managment

OnBoard has completely revolutionised the way we organise and hold board meetings. Due to the nature of our organisation, our trustees and board sub-committees hold a large number of meetings throughout the year. In the past, this caused a huge amount of overhead for our Company Secretary and EA's who organise the meetings, put together board packs, etc. OnBoard provides us with an easy to use platform for our admins to organise these meetings, create board packs, hold votes/approvals, and obtain signatures when necessary. What would previous take days our hours, now takes minutes.

Pros

Overall, the simplicity of OnBoard is it's strongest feature. With minimal training, our admins were able to quickly begin creating meetings and board packs. Simply put, OnBoard is a highly effective system that does exactly what we need it to do, without a mass of unnecessary features. It's also worth commenting on the strength of Passageways customer support. Our account manager worked very closely with us through every step of the implementation process, helping us with the initial setup of the system as well as training for our admins. Passageways also setup a number of training sessions for our Trustees, ensuring they were completely comfortable using the platform before go-live, which has lead to a high level of user adoption.

Cons

There is very little to dislike, however the left to right menu layout may be slightly confusing to some users who may be more familiar with a traditional top-down/webpage layout.

Response from Passageways

Replied August 2019

Thank so much for taking the time to review OnBoard Board Management Software! We really try to make ease of use our top priority when incorporating updates into our software. Our Customer Success Team was thrilled by the huge compliment as well.

Karen from University of WI-Parkside

OnBoard ROCKS!

OnBoard has been a real time and paper saver for myself, as the admin support person and for our University. We moved our Foundation Board from a SharePoint site to OnBoard a little over two years ago. Our members love that they can use any device to view meeting materials and the site itself looks very professional on a large projection screen during actual meetings. Our members really like the resources folder so they can access Board documents easily.

Pros

The ease of use, especially when making changes to meeting agendas and materials!

Cons

I would like to be able to leave the meeting time blank when creating a new meeting. Sometimes I may have a confirmed meeting date but not a confirmed time.

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

OnBoard seemed to be the easiest to use, very professional visually and the cost. OnBoard has all of the functionality that our Board uses and more. As our Foundation Board members have a wide range of technology knowledge, we felt confident that all of our members would be able to use OnBoard with little difficulty.

Jyl from Eureka College

Eureka College OnBoard Portal Review

Utilizing a board portal has made the distribution of materials to our board members very easy. The records are very secure. The materials for each committee meeting as well as for the board meeting are easy to create and access. We are able to post important announcements for the board between meetings to keep them up to date. This software really does keep our board members engaged with the College between meetings, which has been very difficult in the past.

Pros

OnBoard software allows the Eureka College Board of Trustees to remain engaged with the College between meetings. They have ready access to all meeting materials from current and past meetings. The board members also have access to key resource materials from the Association of Governing Boards, which was very limited in the past, as well as important information related to college operations. I also like the fact that OnBoard is constantly and consistently updating their product to make it even more user friendly. I have heard nothing but positive comments from our board members.

Cons

Currently OnBoard does not have a feature for tracking board member terms. This would be a very useful tool to have as now I have to keep a separate spreadsheet of board terms. However I am confident that one of the updates in the future will allow for this administrative record keeping.

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

We chose OnBoard because of 1) their partnership with the Association of Governing Boards - our board members now have access to important board governance documents and 2) the software is very intuitive and easy to navigate for even our least technically-savvy trustee.

Response from Passageways

Replied November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad to read that your board is staying engaged outside of board meeting and that you are finding our updates useful. That's good feedback about the terms though, and I will bring that up to product. If you need anything, let us know.

Jordyn from Crestone Capital

Onboard is super helpful

I've had a very good experience with onboard. I've helped to integrate it into our advisory team and they love the fact that we can be more digital and print less. Our clients appreciate that we are taking on this green initiative within the company as well.

Pros

-saves a ton of money on printing costs -can easily replace and add documents to a presentation -you can add users with different permissions to different sections of the meeting -you can save resources to the resources tab for offline use (no need to access a network drive) -great for meetings when the team is travelling

Cons

-it is not easy to view documents within the software. Every time you upload a new document, the book re-builds so you cannot see the document until the book is done building

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

I was not the purchaser of the product

Response from Passageways

Replied November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad you are happy with the software and that it's helped your team. As for the builder, that can be a bit of a blessing and a curse. It updates, so your board members will have always up-to-date information, but it can be tough for you and it always updating.

Rebecca from Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Bluegrass, Inc. - Lexington, KY

Board Management made EASIER

A few years ago, we digitized our board experience. We picked a good "starter platform" and eased our board and committees into the practical application and efficiency of being able to access their meeting and organization files online. The platform was a bit clunky but miles and miles better than the printed board books we had been using prior. Early 2019 we learned that our platform was going away and it was time to evaluate other offerings. I knew we wouldn't go back to the old way but I needed something that would meet our current needs and be flexible enough to allow us to grow into more features, find new efficiencies, measure engagement....and still come with a price tag that our Board would swallow. OnBoard fits the bill. I LOVE the easy interface for our board and our staff. I LOVE how easy it was to set up and populate. I LOVE the annotation features. I LOVE the messaging feature (to the group but more so one on one during the meeting for folks who don't like to or cant speak over the "over talkers"). I'm pleased.

Pros

Incredibly easy user interface - even our least tech savvy staff and board members can utilize the platform effectively.

Cons

I miss the ease of meeting minute taking that I was used to in our last platform.

Pricing. Features.

Response from Passageways

Replied January 2020

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad that ease of use is really coming across for you and that it has streamlined things. As for minute taking, I will bring this up to Product. Otherwise, let us know if you need anything!

Tara from RBCU

Essential Software for Board Meetings

I have been using OnBoard shortly after I started with this company in late 2016. I believe the software was being converted from an older, original product to the OnBoard that I currently use today. There have been many updates along the way. My favorite was the ability to use the software on either Apple or Android cell phones. We recently upgraded our package to include Global Admin with the new Analytics feature. Two years ago, we looked into a few different products to compare cost and features. In the end we decided to stay with OnBoard because the program does everything we need (and then some) for our board meetings. The cost of the software to be very competitive with others. The members of our board find it effective and very easy to use. This makes my life much easier!

Pros

There are several things I like about the software. One of the features we like is the ability to use the software on both Apple and Android devices. If I ever need help with the software, I can easily find help through the Help Center and there are Admin Guides. When a new member joins our Board - no problem! There is a User Guide to help get them up to speed very quickly. Should there be another issue that I cannot resolve, I have found the staff at OnBoard very helpful in resolving any issue that I come across (which are very few and far between!) I also like the opportunity for additional learning via Webinars. We are updated when the offices at OnBoard will be closed or whenever there is an update on the way. The communication is above and beyond. Putting together an Agenda for a board meeting is very easy to do. I am finding the agenda import to be a big time saver. Our board enjoys the ability to make annotations during our board meetings.

Cons

My least favorite thing about this software is the need to have a "Global Admin" upgrade in order to delete things from the portal that a previous employee had created and was no longer needed/outdated. It is unfortunate that the Messenger feature is not included in our package and this would require another upgrade. That being said, however, there are many updates to the software that do not cost extra. I don't want to give the impression that every update costs extra, because that would not be accurate. In case you are wondering - we did decide to upgrade during a year-end special to include the Global Admin product and Analytics feature which we are enjoying very much.

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

We originally used the predecessor software to OnBoard. After using OnBoard for about a year or so, we decided to take a look at a few other options. One I remembered was MyBoardPacket. It was definately a nice product and easy to use from what I could tell. The reason we stayed with OnBoard was becasue it did EVERYTHING we needed and our board members liked the software and there was no need for them to learn how to use something else. It ended up being a win-win all the way around!

Response from Passageways

Replied December 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad this is making your life easier and that you decided to stick it out with us. We truly appreciate the feedback about the various packages, and I will bring that up to Management as something to consider.

Tricia from Cottey College

OnBoard is a Success!

OnBoard provides a secure environment and ensures confidentiality of information. OnBoard provides efficiencies. We are not coping hundreds of pages, assembling notebooks, and mailing board books. Preparation for meetings is streamlined. Support from our customer success manager is excellent. I appreciate the training videos, webinars for users, and 24-7 support.

Pros

The board recognized the need for a secure platform for its work and wanted to move away from paper documents. We have a 13-member board, and trustees live across the country. The level of experience is varied among our trustees; however, the first trustee who agreed to move to a board solutions platform is the person with the least experience. And, she has had not difficulty using OnBoard. Some of our trustees were exploring OnBoard before we had a training session, and they found it easy to use. We offered one training webinar conducted by our Passageways customer service manager, which was recorded. The trustees used OnBoard for its first board meeting less than three months after acquiring the product and the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. The trustees found that navigating the site and the board book is easy. They appreciate electronic board books, earlier availability of information, and the ability to add documents as needed, even during the board meeting. In the past, material from investment managers and auditors was provided at the meeting. With OnBoard, these documents were available before the meeting, which dramatically increased the number of pages in the board book, but trustees had the opportunity to review information and prepare questions before the meeting. We were amazed that the use of OnBoard during the meeting went so well. I appreciate the ease with which you can change the agenda and and update/revise materials.

Cons

Because staff members do not have access to all board materials, permissions have to be set individually for each staff member. While setting permissions is not difficult, it is a learning experience, but our customer success manager is a good teacher and patient! While we have not yet implemented the actions function, we are looking forward to using it for approvals, surveys, and signatures.

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

The board appreciated access to materials from the Association of Governing Boards. Cost was a consideration. The sales representative was knowledgeable about the product.

Response from Passageways

Replied November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad you are finding it easy to use and that you haven't found any cons yet is always nice to hear. If you need anything, please let us know.

Jay from Frederick County Bank

Passageways OnBoard - Great Product, Functionality & Value

Our experience with OnBoard has been excellent as we sought a way to streamline and efficiently manage our Board & Committee meeting process, allowing members secure, remote access on different devices , while making our administrative process easier and save printing paper. Additionally, we were seeking a central repository for corporate documents that was secure and easily accessible.

Pros

The software is user friendly/intuitive; easy to maintain from an admin perspective; and more importantly easy for board members/employees to access from remote locations and devices. Does a terrific job on consolidating multiple documents into one meeting "book" with the flexibility to access individual documents and easily move throughout your meeting agenda. One of the other things we find most pleasing is that the ENTIRE Passageway team members (form CEO, sales, account manager, support) are fantastic to work with; always willing to listen and make enhancements and promptly address any questions we may have.

Cons

When we first started using Passageways several years ago, some of the features/navigation may not have been as intuitive as expected, however their team has done a great job in implementing enhancements to certainly improve the process, plus a lot more.

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

Flexibility of the application, ease of use, people & support, willingness to listen and make changes, value

Fallon from Metropolitan State University of Denver

Moving to OnBoard was a great choice!

Overall my experience has been great. After demoing multiple platforms, we chose OnBoard because of the best affordability, it's user-friendly, and the support has been stellar. Our set-up and support team have been there 100%, and go above and beyond to address questions and resolve any technical issues. To me, customer service and tech support are a #1 priority and rep, as well as the tech support team, have always exceeded my expectations.

Pros

OnBoard is a visually appealing platform, that is user-friendly and easy to use.

Cons

Feature availability, such as 1) downloadable material does not include an agenda page 2) surveys have to be closed before reviewing results, which limits the ability to know when to close the survey 3) announcement permissions are limited to Admins only. 3) The survey questions format lacks more enhanced customization

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

Product affordability and ease of use as an admin and end-user.

Response from Passageways

Replied November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad you are happy with the choice to move to OnBoard and that you are finding it easy to use. We definitely appreciate the suggestions regarding additional features to make OnBoard better, and I will bring these up to our Product team.

Great product and good value

I have had a very positive experience with OnBoard, from the initial sales conversations right through to the feedback sessions as a client. Customer Service has been very good and the product has worked very well for us. It has greatly reduced the time spent producing paper packs and been very useful in meetings.

Pros

Simple to use from both an administrators and users perspective. Switch from paper packs to online packs was much simpler than we anticipated. OnBoard listen to recommendations and suggestions from clients and implement them where possible - in the 12 months or so we've been using the product, I've seen a few upgrades which were a direct response to a request from clients. They are regularly updating and innovating to improve the product, which is great to see.

Cons

Operates a little differently to other well known board pack software, so users familiar with other types may need more guidance to get used to OnBoard. Notifications that uploads have been unsuccessful are a little too subtle - meaning that you can miss it if you are working quickly (as we so often are during board pack creation).

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

We felt that the OnBoard product offered the best functionality for us and at the most reasonable price.

Response from Passageways

Replied December 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad you are happy with the software from both a board and administrator position. We appreciate the feedback about notifications, and I will bring that to Product. Otherwise, let us know if you need anything!

Ashley from Affiliates Management Company

OnBoard Board Portal

We are extremely happy with our decision to use OnBoard! We've been very pleased with our CSMs. Recently we rolled out OnBoard to 2 boards and the rep conducted 3 training sessions for our board members with very short notice. It's been great working with her! When reaching out to her, she's been very quick to respond or forward my email on to tech support.

Pros

Easy to learn both from an Admin and end user! Security measures of OnBoard! Great support team truly makes this tool excel above others!

Cons

While building an agenda, sometimes it takes a long time to save edits. This can be frustrating and has resulted in having to re-type edits as they did not save properly. Currently email attachments aren't able to be uploaded to OnBoard without saving the document. Unable to program default admins to all new items vs. currently only individual/creator is default admin. As the owner of the OnBoard tool, I have to rely on others to assign permissions and ensuring human error doesn't happen. It's difficult to assist board admins or board users without access. It would be great to have a Super/Master Admin role which will automatically be assigned with Admin rights.

Response from Passageways

Replied August 2019

Thanks so much for the review! We are thrilled to hear about the shout out for the Customer Success and Support teams. I will be sure to pass along your regards. Please continue to work with your CSM to discuss any challenges you are having, so we can quickly address those for you.

Steve from Binghamton University

Good experience

This has made our meeting preparation much easier. We no longer send materials by way of multiple attachments to multiple emails. We also don't copy and print materials that are promptly recycled following the meetings. The product is easy to use, and we've had success getting board members with all ranges of tech savvy to use OnBoard.

Pros

It's easy to set up meetings, easy to navigate from the end-user side, and can be used on a computer or tablet. Our board members weren't going to embrace this if it was a pain in the neck to use. Some of them had a little trouble with getting the account set up, but any issues were handled quickly. Most people got in and got started with no problem.

Cons

The invites expire after a week, and we would frequently need to re-send invites to join the portal when board members didn't act on them quickly enough.

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

Better product for the money

Response from Passageways

Replied December 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad to hear that you are having a great experience and that ease of use is coming across for you. That's great feedback about the invites, and I will bring that up to Product. If you do need anything, please let us know.

Catherine from Newfields

Industry: Museums and Institutions

OnBoard Product Review

I feel my experience has been quite good. The OnBoard customer service and representatives are wonderful, reply quickly to questions, make themselves available for help, and even reach out to see how things are going. Having a great customer service team means a great deal to me who has to create materials and be ready to show others how to access and use the materials during meetings. And, once I got the hang of the product, I quickly realized how to take shortcuts and feel that creating materials in the portal is very easy to do and intuitive.

Pros

I like the ease and functionality of this product. Once learned, the product seems intuitive to user needs and easily navigated to create necessary materials, access the materials, and be able to utilize tools to enhance user experience.

Cons

At first, it seems I had to hunt around for what I needed to do to create meeting materials. It took me a little longer than expected to get the hang of creating materials and feeling comfortable using the tools and nuances provided.

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

OnBoard offered several of the same tools and nuances, but was so much more affordable.

Response from Passageways

Replied November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! Sounds like you are off on your way now that implementation is done, but if you ever need anything, please let us know. Otherwise, I'm glad ease of use is coming across for you and that it's working well for you.

Aaron from Permian Basin Area Foundation

(Almost) Perfect App for Boards and Committees

We have been able to upload all of our board and committee documentation in one place. This makes it exceptionally easy to update and share with anyone who has access. We no longer have to print out hundreds of pages for meetings or the Board Orientation Manual. Using OnBoard has allowed us to navigate through our meetings much more fluidly. The more we've used it, the easier it is to leverage.

Pros

Plenty of room for expansion should the need arise. Extremely feature-filled. Easy but secure log-on (multi-factor identification). Passageways customer satisfaction team seems responsive to our suggestions and needs and incorporates/updates with some frequency.

Cons

Not the most intuitive in the world to navigate but has improved over time. Wish the screen re-sizing options were somehow less clumsy/clunky. Printing documents or agendas still requires multiple steps.

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

Filled all of our essential requirements and was preferred by our board members when we demonstrated it. Pricing was inline with our budget, although on the higher end. We appreciated having unlimited storage and the ability to add users later on.

Response from Passageways

Replied November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! We will take almost perfect, so thank you. We are always trying to innovate and push things to the next level for you. Otherwise, we are glad that you are happy.

Diane from Southeast Health

Electronic Meetings

Pros

1. Allows for my providers to access and review materials prior to meetings 2. Allows the facilitator to project meeting materials via Apple TV and other AV 3. Easy to use

Cons

OnBoard works very well for our needs. No cons.

Response from Passageways

Replied August 2019

Thank you for your review! We are very happy to hear that you have no cons for our software. Ease of use is always top of mind and will continue to be. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Karen from Bridgehouse Company Secretaries Limited

Straightforward and Simple

We are a consultancy organisations providing governance and company secretarial solutions. OnBoard solves the problem of having to print, copy and collate packs and send by post and allows last minute changes to be made in one place for everyone with access to papers. I use OnBoard to support board and committee meetings for three different organisations, the users of all of which have been delighted with the product.

Pros

Key functions of OnBoard, such as creating meetings, agendas and meeting packs for Directors to support their decision making, are extremely straightforward and easy to use. This takes away the difficulty and time of having to introduce change to new users, who are instantly aware and easily persuaded of the benefit of having all their important information in one place. The resources section is an ideal place for housing Directors induction materials.

Cons

I dislike the permissions function which I have to consistently check is functioning according to requirement.

Response from Passageways

Replied November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad that you are finding the software perfect for you and that your Directors are enjoying it as well. As for the permissions, that sounds like a bug, which I will bring up with Product.

Clare from Norfolk Educational Services

Moving on OnBoard was an excellent choice!

We moved to OnBoard from a different online board portal and difference is astounding. We compared numerous other providers and OnBoard stood out instantly. The support and customer service from day one has been exemplary, all our queries, suggestions and requests have been taken on board. The team are one step ahead and are often informing us of developments that we can incorporate that we hadnt previously considered. I would have no hesitation in recommending the company or the product.

Pros

This product is so user friendly for both admin and users. Its clear, concise and does everything we need plus more which has helped develop the way in which we work. Our users are much more engaged with this product and it makes the process of running meetings much smoother.

Cons

I have no complaints - this product is so useful.

Response from Passageways

Replied October 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad to read that you aren't having any challenges with the software. It's also great to read that you are finding our update useful and that ease of use is really coming across for you.

Malissa from Berea College

OnBoard Review

We are new to OnBoard, using it just with a beta group at our last board meeting. We intend a full roll-out to the board at our next meeting in a few months. I have been very impressed with the product so far. In addition, the support I've received as far as training goes has been very helpful in getting our portal established.

Pros

I like the ease of creating meetings and then making changes and edits to those meetings. Having changes updated immediately and for those changes to be readily available is very important to us as we go through our book building process. Before using OnBoard, something as minor as a meeting location change would require emails to committee members, etc. Now, we just have to update the meeting in OnBoard and the information is accurate and up-to-date.

Cons

I would like more controls when it comes to the PDF version of the board book. Having the ability to add a bookmark or something to a page, where you can access it in a flash, would be helpful. Maybe this option is available and I just haven't figured it out yet.

Response from Passageways

Replied November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad that ease of use is really coming through for you and that you've changed your whole processes to better accommodate it. There are options to make annotations or notes and then search them. Maybe that would help? Either way, I will be sure to bring up a "bookmark" feature to Product.

Alexa from MaineHealth

Great Choice

Board meeting materials have been easy to distribute, Executive Assistants enjoy using the software.

Pros

Ease of use! We use this software for meeting material management across multiple hospital boards of varying demographics. Regardless of the audience, it's been impeccably seamless to introduce this platform.

Cons

It's been a bit tricky to follow enhancement tickets and see those suggestions/asks through.

Response from Passageways

Replied November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so happy that ease of use for everyone is really coming across. As for the updates and understanding them, please be sure let your Customer Success Manager know, so we can better help.

Sarah from Bowling Green State University

BGSU Foundation

Overall, as the administrator, i think this is a great tool. It saved me time in sending and re-sending documents through email. It has forced our Board members to be more accountable. It is truly a great resource.

Pros

- the ability to customize what users can see (assign specific people to each meeting) - being able to make meetings visible at different stages of readiness - the ability to house historic documents for users to access on their own - it works great on an ipad

Cons

- as an administrator, it can be difficult to understand what the user is seeing or what they are experiencing - I wish you could update a users email address without having to start over as a new user - some of my board members find the abundance of options confusing - downloading the book vs. viewing the meetings, using the writing and editing tools, etc. - i wish there was a "general" invite/rsvp option. I would love to be able to some how make an itinerary of all the meetings and events taking place during their board meetings, and the board member could rsvp to which they are attending or not. They could even let me know if they will need a hotel room and if they have any dietary needs.

Response from Passageways

Replied November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! Sorry you are having some challenges. I think that surveys might help with identifying hotel needs and dietary restrictions. Otherwise, I'm so glad you are finding the customization and accessibility helpful.

Vanessa from Deerwood Bank

Easy to use and a great value.

I reviewed six other companies when searching for new software for our company. When I did the demo for OnBoard I kept thinking that this software seems so easy and that I must be missing something. The more I reviewed and played around with the software the happier I was. OnBoard has not only been a huge time saver, but has made meeting preparation and follow up so much easier. The pricing was also far better than the other options I reviewed.

Pros

The software is very intuitive. The ease of the drag and drop feature to upload documents is really a time saver when populating meetings. Our Board of Directors have various levels of technical expertise and all found OnBoard to be quite easy to use. The mark up/comment tools are especially helpful.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about OnBoard. The software I previously used was very labor intensive and did not flow nearly as well.

Response from Passageways

Replied November 2019

Lisa from Choice Financial

From day one, the attention I have received from the team has been second to none!

Please see my review comments

Pros

There are numerous things I like about this software! I appreciate how easy the software is to use. It has saved me hours of compiling paper documents for a board book. I can upload information as it comes to me in multiple file formats, and can reorganize the documents within the book effortlessly. When I first started using OnBoard, there were a few features that I had on my "wish list" (I wish it could do "x")--and the developers are so on top of things that I have seen many of my wishes come true as implemented features. They continually refresh the software to make it easier--not add extra steps like you can find with other software. And most of all, I value the immediate attention and service I receive from the team. They always pick up my call, and have an answer or solution ready.

Cons

There's a few minor things that could be tweaked, but overall it's an easy, clear and efficient system that has saved hundreds of hours and resource time and reduced the risk of mailing board books to members that live outside of our immediate area.

Response from Passageways

Replied August 2019

Thank so much for taking the time to review OnBoard Board Management Software! We are thrilled that this is a big time-saver for you, and I have passed along your compliments to the Support and Customer Success teams.

Jessica from Quad Cities Chamber

OnBoard Improved our Organizational Governance

Pros

I manage the governance of 10 boards and committees within our organization. OnBoard has allowed consistency across all of our entities. The implementation was easy and users of all demographics have been able to transition easily. It is great to be able to update board packets and agendas in real time!

Cons

You can track attendance per meeting, but I wish OnBoard could compile attendance over a certain timeframe.

Response from Passageways

Replied November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! That's a huge amount of board and committees, so I'm glad OnBoard was able to give you some consistency and make your life easier.

Tanya from Lifeline Youth & Family Services, Inc.

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Great Product! A MUST

Board members find it helpful to find board materials and other resources at the touch of their computer, phones, and/or tablets. I am able to keep our board well informed with one piece of software. Allows our board and officers to be more efficient and effective at board meetings.

Pros

Ease of to set-up Ease of use on the side of our board members/users Mobility

Cons

There is really nothing that I can think of for how we use it.

Response from Passageways

Replied November 2019

Scott from Castroville State Bank

A solution to a long term problem

Overall we have had a great experience with OnBoard. The time saved by bank personnel in creation, maintenance and archiving of the board reports has been in my opinion well worth the cost.

Pros

The ability to make changes to our board package "on the fly" is a very big advantage. This keeps us from having to make changes and providing directors updated packages right before the meetings. Also, not having to deliver the package pre-meeting is a big help. The security functions seem to be very appropriate to secure our information.

Cons

Not having the ability for the meeting leader to "drive" the meeting to ensure all members are on the same page during the meeting is a little bit of downside. Hopefully that is something that can be considered in the future. Viewing the meetings on a regular sized iPad is a little difficult for some of our directors. They typically view the meeting information on their desktops or laptops at home and then either follow along during the meetings on their iPads or view the projection from the leader. Since our outside directors typically only use their iPads for their monthly meetings they quite often have password problems which in some cases bank personnel has to help with. Not a major issue but one to keep in mind.

Mandy from Solarity Credit Union

Great product if you take advantage of it

It's been a great experience overall. I am steadily trying to encourage the use of the this platform with the associates because there are so many options that we are not utilizing (i.e. approvals, surveys, etc.)

Pros

Having everything in one place, available to whomever you need. It's easily accessible and has just enough security parameters. I love the 'download book' feature, as a lot of the time, I keep the books for my own records and to distribute via email, if needed.

Cons

A pain point of mine, which may just be my internet connection, is that sometimes when I load a document in, it'll say 'file upload complete' but then when I open the heading, it's not there. I have to log out/back in in order for me to see if come up. Also, I've already submitted this to your team, but I would like to ability to select multiple attachments to be able to move them under a different section.

Response from Passageways

Replied November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad it's been a real time-saver for you and that you are finding it easy to use. Otherwise, that may be a bug on our end, but I will check with Product. If you run into it again, please let your Customer Success Manager know.

Stephanie from The Navigators

Hidden Gem

The training and support staff are top-notch. I work with a very experienced board and several have commented that it is one of the better portals they have encountered. I always get a REAL PERSON within a few seconds of calling their support line and they have ALWAYS been able to answer my questions. They take feature requests seriously. I highly recommend them for any board looking to have a better environment for communication and collaboration.

Pros

I researched more than 15 portals before deciding to go with OnBoard. The price and ease of use made the decision very easy for us. It is a clean and intuitive interface with lots of power behind the scenes.

Cons

There are some features like alphabetizing by Last Name or First Name that change depending on which page you are on in the portal which adds some confusion. I'd like the Dashboard design to allow for more more customization.

Response from Passageways

Replied August 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! Ease of use will always be a top priority for us when making updates. We definitely appreciate the suggestion, and I will pass that along to our Product team. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to contact your Customer Success Manager.

Eva from Tower Federal Credit Union

OnBoard, a great Board tool

Our experience has been very good and our Board has been very pleased with how easily they can access OnBoard and view their monthly Board packets both at home and during the Board meetings.

Pros

ease with which the Board can view and make notations on their monthly Board packet.

Cons

There are some compatibility issues with older versions of documents we place on the site and occasionally our users have issues viewing documents placed in the Resources folder.

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

OnBoard offered a more versatile product and allows us to use it as a location to store documents the Board frequently uses, in addition to the monthly Board meeting packets.

Carla from Lund

Lund Loves OnBoard!

Prior to OnBoard, our board was exhausted and overwhelmed by the amount of paperwork they were receiving in their board packets. The board packets were averaging around 75-100 pages, and when you have 20 board members, they would take hours to print. It was a big waste of time and expenses. Creation of the board packet was an entirely separate time-sucker, as the Table of Contents had to constantly be adjusted. Since the portal, not only have the board appreciated the lack of paper and the convenience of being able to click to what they need, but we have saved hundreds in staff pay (and frustration!) of creating manual board packets!

Pros

OnBoard's Resource option has proven to be so valuable for our agency. We do not have an intranet or any one central location that board and staff can communicate and share documents, and the documents are constantly being updated. The Resource library has been great to keep the most updated documents all in one place. The customer service is impeccable!! Their team is very helpful, receptive, and very competent. The rep has been great to work with.

Cons

There's not much negative to say about OnBoard. It is reasonably priced and though they have been making many updates lately, it is because they are listening to their customer's needs.

Response from Passageways

Replied August 2019

Thanks for your glowing review! Using the Resource Library can be such a huge asset, and I'm glad to hear how much it's helped. I will be sure to send your compliments to the Support and Customer Success teams.

Sandy from Highlights for Children, Inc.

Industry: Publishing

Easy and Economical

One of the biggest benefits of OnBoard is the ability to make last minute changes to documents and re-load to the portal and knowing our board has the most current version of a document.

Pros

The board portal was easy to launch to our end-users who have varying degrees of computer aptitude. As the administrator I find building the agenda and uploading documents to be straight forward and quick. We love the ability to make last minute changes to our documents and upload to the portal without worrying about re-printing an actual paper board book. OnBoard gives our company ease of mind of keeping our documents secure by not having a paper board book in circulation. We also like the fact that OnBoard is an economical solution for distributing our board documents to the board in a fast and secure method.

Cons

Some of their documentation could be written better. I find it sometimes difficult to search the administrator guide for answers. However, they do have wonderful online tutorials as well as a Q&A section where I find the answers. If I still can't find what I'm looking for, then I contact their technical support group.

Response from Passageways

Replied August 2019

Thank you so mThank so much for taking the time to review OnBoard Board Management Software! Ease of use and security are always top of mind when incorporating new features, and we try to make sure that it does what it needs to for you. We appreciate the feedback on the manual as well.uch for your review!

Kim from Sun Community FCU

Super excited about OnBoard!

Our overall experience has been fantastic! We are fortunate to have their executive on our side; they are wonderful at explaining our options and finding solutions to our specific needs. I personally create the Board packets, and my time has freed up significantly with OnBoard. It's just so easy to use! I'm very excited to see how our OnBoard platform evolves and makes our lives even more efficient than it already has.

Pros

This software allows us to provide a much needed one-stop-shop for our Board and Supervisory Committee members. Since OnBoard can be put on any device, our Board is able to securely review the packets well in advance of the meeting, which has really shortened our meetings and eliminated printing large packets. We also love that the Board has all of the resources they need in one location and that they can even sign the minutes and other documents right within OnBoard. More to come!

Cons

What I like least about the program is that we have not fully utilized the features yet... but that's on us! Looking forward to the day when our OnBoard is being fully utilized (although Passageways is constantly coming up with new solutions, so this day may never come - absolutely not a complaint).

Response from Passageways

Replied August 2019

Thank you so much for your review! I'm glad to hear that the "any device, anytime" features are helpful to your credit union and that we can be your one-stop-shop. If you need anything or additional training for your team, let us know.

Cheryl from CDPHP

First Year of OnBoard

Pros

We switched from another platform that was clunky and difficult for board members and senior leadership to navigate. OnBoard is easy for them to use and easy to administer. In addition, switching to OnBoard resulted in almost a 50% cost savings. Finally, our CEO sits on two boards that utilize OnBoard and he doesn't have to use multiple user names.

Cons

Response from Passageways

Replied November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad you haven't found any cons to using the software. If you ever do or find yourself stuck, we are here 24/7/365 for any questions or additional training.

Toby from FNB&trust

Great Site

Overall has been great. Our Rep with Onboard is always quick to respond and everyone I have dealt with there has been very accommodating and very knowledgeable about our needs

Pros

The interface was easy to setup and easy to add and remove files for our Board

Cons

Have not found anything yet, but still looking

Response from Passageways

Replied November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm glad that you are finding it easy to use and that you are having trouble finding a con. It's also great to hear that your Customer Success Manager is helping out too.

Kathy from Homefield Credit Union

Five Year User of OnBoard

Prior to using OnBoard, I was printing, collating, tabbing and binding fifteen Board Packages per month. This program has helped reduce the amount of paper being used and has significantly reduced the amount of time it takes to prepare/build the Board Package. We also use OnBoard for various committee meetings and management team meetings. We currently have 25 users.

Pros

Software is very user friendly. When first utilizing this program, I was able to set up all users and start building agendas and uploading files with very little assistance from customer support.

Cons

At this time, I do not have anything that I dislike about this package. A few of our older Board members are not necessarily fond of using a mobile device (iPad) to following along in meetings. For those members, I do still print a package when needed.

Response from Passageways

Replied August 2019

Thank so much for taking the time to review OnBoard Board Management Software! Ease of use and administrator features are always top of mind when incorporating new features. If any of your board members would like personalized training, please let us know how we can assist.

Terry from Cornerstone Bank

No More Paper!

We used to print huge board packets twice monthly and even mail some of them to out of town board members. We save time and money with OnBoard, plus feel it's more secure this way than with the printed packets. We now use OnBoard for all committee meetings - NO MORE PAPER!

Pros

There have been many upgrades since we started using this product. I love the ability to import an agenda rather than manually adding each line item. It greatly reduced the time in building a packet.

Cons

I would like to see the pricing based on asset size rather than having to sign an additional contract and pay separately every time a new employee is added. It would be nice to be able to be able to add temporary or ad hoc users so they can attend a specific meeting.

Response from Passageways

Replied November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad you are finding the upgrades and and features useful to your bank. That's good feedback about asset size and is something I can bring up to our Sales team. Otherwise, isn't the paper saving a great feeling?

Felix from KEB Hana Bank USA

OnBoard is a great board meeting sofware, easy to implement and use

great experience

Pros

1. We use the tab "Actions" for approval of time-sensitive items in between Board meetings. 2. we use the tab "Resources" as a library to retain all important documents we want the Board to access easily at their convenience. 3. The convenience of uploading board meeting packages with easy access for directors at any time from anywhere (phone, tablets, laptops, etc...) 4. use of annotations features on documents.

Cons

No meaningful things i don't like. Maybe the user interface on the homepage can be more attractive.

Response from Passageways

Replied August 2019

Thank so much for taking the time to review OnBoard! It's always great to hear about customers making such great use of the Resources section and how easy it is to use. If you have any questions, please let us know.

KATHRYN from College of Saint Benedict

Excellent value

The tool has greatly streamlined our board meeting preparation. We use AGB OnBoard as a meeting tool, a materials repository, an orientation resource, a communication tool, and as an organizational hub.

Pros

AGB OnBoard is a functional tool that is priced right. The customer service and responsiveness is top-notch and the integration of AGB's resources add tremendous value for our board of trustees.

Cons

We wish we could edit materials right in the platform. The need to download and upload each time is cumbersome. We also wish that there were static links to posted resources.

Response from Passageways

Replied August 2019

Thank so much for taking the time to review OnBoard! We are so glad that the partnership with AGB is helping your institution. For the additional suggestions, please be sure to submit those to your Customer Success Manager.

Deb from CUNA Inc.

Industry: Program Development

Feedback

Our executive committees have all of their meetings and information in on place to access any time they want ti.

Pros

It is easy to use, but can be challenging with all the updates.

Cons

It always has a delay and then I am having to enter the information again if I try to go too fast.

Response from Passageways

Replied November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad your board and committees are enjoying it and have everything they need. Otherwise, that's good feedback about the updates. If you ever feel like you need a run through of what was included, let your Customer Success Manager know.

Cassie from Shawnee Health Service

Easy To Use, Eliminates Paper

Our experience has been great. Customer service is extremely helpful and prompt. I can always reach someone for assistance.

Pros

It's easy to build and modify our board packets. We previously compiled paper packets and mailed them to our board members. That required amendments when agenda items were added or deleted. We can now easily make changes and additions and push those directly to our board members in advance of our meetings.

Cons

There isn't one particular thing that we dislike about this software. There are a few features we wish the software could do such as rotations e-signature boxes and allowing downloading of the agenda by non-administrators, but they are minimal.

Response from Passageways

Replied December 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm thrilled that you are happy with the ease of use and that it's helping to save paper. We definitely appreciate the feedback about features on your wish-list, and I will bring those up to Product. Otherwise, if you need anything, let us know.

Elizabeth from Washington's National Park Fund

Features are limited, but overall good product

Pros

Everything is centralized in one place - calendar, announcements, board materials, etc.

Cons

I don't like that members cannot be invited to meetings through the software. For example, if I post a committee meeting and add the members that need to attend, OnBoard sends out a notification via email to the members that the meeting has been updated. This creates confusion because the members don't receive an invitation - just a notification that a meeting that may or not know about has been changed. I wish there was an option to invite members that would allow them to RSVP and add it to their calendars. When I called customer support, they told me that OnBoard is not set up to send invites and that I should use Outlook calendar. If OnBoard is to be our one-stop shop for all things board related, I should be able to do everything from it. The only way, currently, that members know about meetings is if they log on to OnBoard and look for themselves. Because of this, we are still having to invite them through Outlook and OnBoard is becoming an extra step for them to take to RSVP - they are busy people and don't see the purpose. It's essentially becoming obselete and not what we hoped it would be for us.

Laurie from Washington's National Park Fund

Streamlining board documents, calendars, contact information, and so much more!

This service is incredibly helpful for centralizing all calendars, files, announcements, surveys, and more.

Pros

We now have all of the files board members need in one central depository. We have a vibrant calendar that not only tracks RSVPs, but also eliminates the need for outlook calendar invitations. We also enjoy keeping the announcements pages lively and up-to-date.

Cons

The small idiosyncrasies that are easy to miss like granting permissions, etc.

Response from Passageways

Replied November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! Sounds like things are going well for you, and I'm glad it's helping to streamline your boards and information. That's good feedback about the permissions, and if you run into anything else, please let us know.

Sartaj from CMA

Great tool for engagement!

OnBoard has always been quick to help without any follow up. They have allowed us to increase our meeting productivity with ease.

Pros

This has allowed our Board members to be much more engaged then in the past.

Cons

It was a learning curve for everyone at the beginning.

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

At the beginning it was very much a cost based decision. Overtime, we have seen that this product is a higher quality with more ease of use.

Tracie from Golden Valley Bank

OnBoard is a fantastic tool for any meeting!

Saves a ton of time! No more creating binders full of paper reports!

Pros

Ease of use for users and Administrators.

Cons

N/A - Nothing comes to mind.

Response from Passageways

Replied November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so happy you are finding it easy to use for both administrators and board members. It's also great to hear that you don't have any cons at this time. If you need anything, let us know.

Curtis from Beacon Credit Union

Easy to Use

On-Board helps keep meetings flowing. It keeps us on task. It keeps our information in order and consistent. Better meeting flow leads to quicker (more productive) meetings which then leads to more time to do the things you have to do - probably tasks from the meeting. I can't imagine going back to the emailed agenda and 20 attached documents again. One place, one order and no printing...

Pros

I am on several committees that use this to organize our meetings. I really like the book feature. Having all of the agenda items in one place and in order for everyone helps the flow of the meeting. Everyone has the some information. Before - we would email attachments to everyone in the meeting. We would then email updated versions because something changed. Then in the meeting, we would have to describe which attachment you are on. Most would print out the attachments. Now that we are all viewing the same docs in the same order, meetings are more efficient and fewer docs need printed.

Cons

I would like a view that would allow me to view JUST the book - a popout of the existing window. A single sign-on feature would be nice as well. Could a link be created on the Portal to automatically launch and sign your user into On-Board?

Response from Passageways

Replied August 2019

Thank you so much for the review and suggestions! I am happy to say that single sign-on has been implemented. As for the other suggestions, I have sent those to our Product team. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Beverly from NuStar Energy L.P.

Industry: Oil & Energy

I went from dreading using it to really appreciating all it can do

The customer service reps have been outstanding when listening to what we are trying to explain and then giving us clear instructions on how to solve what we "thought" was an issue. We feel like we are so experienced now ourselves that we have even helped another local company that also chose OnBoard as their board portal with their first electronic board meeting.

Pros

When my company chose OnBoard versus 5 other products we evaluated, we chose it for its pricing, clean appearance for the end-user, ease of customizing the sections we wanted to style ourselves and also for the ease of creating our board books as administrators.

Cons

When we made the investment in the Passageways software we accepted the fact that maybe the OnBoard portal wasn't as "fancy" as some of the competition's portals. Where other providers might have had what looked like an easier process for the administrators to use, we soon became very confident in our ability to make the OnBoard portal work for us just as easily.

Response from Passageways

Replied November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to re view OnBoard! I'm glad that we were able to turn around how you are feeling about it and that ease of use for you is really coming across. Otherwise, it's great to hear that our Support team was there to assist you. If you need anything, let us know.

Lindsay from Rolling Green Village

Best Board portal we've used!

The customer service with OnBoard is top notch. Anytime we've needed help, they're ready. Setup was a breeze. We knew day one of our trial period that this was the portal we've been needing!

Pros

My favorite feature of OnBoard is the ease of use both for the administrator and the user. The portal our Board previously used was not nearly as user friendly for our Board members. I have heard no complaints from our Board since we've switched to this one! For the administrator, the features are nearly endless. Organizing this portal for our team was quick and easy, and everything is very easy to find.

Cons

The only feature this portal lacks that we would find helpful is a minutes builder. Although we have no problem having minutes written separately and uploaded to the portal, using the portal to create minutes as we move through the Board Book would cut our time spent on that in half.

Response from Passageways

Replied November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad that you and your board are finding it easy to use and that the feature set is great for you. Otherwise, I would suggest creating a template in Word, uploading it to OnBoard, and placing it into a new folder called "Templates" in your Resources.

Michael from RCB Bank

Intuitive, reliable, & slick interface!

Rollout was smooth. Passageways Support was there to assist thought the process. Anytime we have an issue, which is not often, support is quick to respond and resolve.

Pros

The absolutely critical thing about OnBoard that my organization liked the most was that it was very easy to use. The board and committee members needed a solution that required little to no training. Onboard fulfilled that need.

Cons

I really cant think of anything currently bad about OnBoard. At one time, we had an issue with annotations saving reliably, but support worked very hard to get to the source of the issue and fixed it permentanylny. Everything works perfectly now. Our users are quite happy with OnBoard.

Response from Passageways

Replied August 2019

Thank you so much for the review! We really try to make ease of use our top priority when incorporating updates into our software. I will definitely pass along the huge compliment to our Support team as well.

Sharon from Grow Financial FCU

Best Board Portal

Our Organization has become much more efficient and organized since using this Board Portal

Pros

I love the ease of access and it is so user friendly.

Cons

Response from Passageways

Replied December 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review OnBoard! I'm so glad you are finding the software easy to use and that your board is enjoying using it. As for the Approvals section, I will have your Customer Success Manager reach out to you to discuss how we can make it better. Otherwise, let us know if you need anything.

Mallorie from CFCU Community Credit Union

I am On Board for OnBoard!

Customer service has been great and is always ready to help.

Pros

I love that I can designate permissions for specific agenda items, not just the entire packet. Additionally, the fact that it is web-based and I can make changes anywhere at any time allows me far greater flexibility than my previous digital certificate based portal.

Cons

Sometimes it can take 2-3 minutes to "Build" the packet when you add one additional document.

Response from Passageways

Replied August 2019

Thank you so much for the review! When the board packet "builds", it completely refreshes and rebuilds everything, so that's why it may take longer. Hope this clears things up, and I'll be sure to pass the compliment along to the Support team.

Seth from The Fountain Trust Company

Good product

Pros

It is easy to use it on the iPad and the tech support is great.

Cons

Setting up the meetings can take a lot of clicking, and it isn't always obvious where you need to go.

Reasons for Choosing OnBoard

We actually originally chose BoardPaq until we read the contract and there were things that we couldn't accept and they wouldn't change it.