What are Talkdesk users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Talkdesk software through verified user reviews

• icon"Talkdesk is fairly easy to use and offers a significant amount of customization and robust functionality. The user experience is quite intuitive and overall it operates consistently."
  • icon"The ease of use is great - there is no time needed to train new staff, you can log in and start working/calling straight away. The integration with CMR was easy too."
  • icon"Having a dashboard so visibly appealing and easily usable is fantastic."
  • icon"There are some features that cannot be customized by the end user and must be modified by support personnel, this can be frustrating at times."
  • icon"When listening to recordings, the caller and agent voices go between 2 speakers on the headphones and its a bit irritating."
  • icon"Its hard to toggle between web & widget mode and an error often occurs. I think the app gets confused about what I'm trying to do."

Browse all Talkdesk Reviews

• Have you used Talkdesk and would like to share your experience with others?

Bernard

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

May 2022

Good new solution but requires more integration

Cortney

TalkDesk is above the rest! - Cortney K

TalkDesk has been reliable and above the rest. We started with ShoreTel and switched to TalkDesk and the improvements are not measurable.

Pros

The ease of use is the best. As long as you have an established internet connection, you can use TalkDesk anywhere!

Cons

Sometimes the audio is best when connected via ethernet cable.

Reasons for switching to Talkdesk

ShoreTel was unreliable and would be down for long periods of time.

Kallen

Talkdesk: The perfect tool for your support team!

It has been an awesome experience using Talkdesk. This software has allowed us to grow and has supported us at every step. Additionally, their CX team is outstanding and very supportive.

Pros

This software is incredibly easy to use. Agents learn to use this tool in a matter of moments. Additionally, the Studio for IVR allows incredible flexibility in our IVR. This has made it easier for client to get to the correct team and helped to improve their overall satisfaction.

Cons

The Reports. Talkdesk recently launched Explore which houses all the reports in one location but it is still really hard to know which report to run. Once you find your desired report, you need to pull it out to excel or google sheets to manipulate the data and build any kind of visual. However, most of the data you want can be found in these reports.

Reasons for choosing Talkdesk

Talkdesk had all the needed features (IVR, Recording, Monitoring call, real time report) and was the right price.

Reasons for switching to Talkdesk

We needed more features at the right price

Compelling Platform

Overall I'm happy with talkdesk, call quality is great, recordings are high quality and has no issues during playback. Administrator features are well designed. The only issue I have kind of frequently is searching for calls but I got used to it, so overall I'm pretty satisfied with Talkdesk.

Pros

From user perspective, it's simple yet effective tool. Quality is great and all the calls are stored. Recording's never have any issues and the call quality is pretty good. From an administrator perspective, creating dashboards is a great feature to get an overall view. Coaching is also an amazing tool, allowing you to guide the agent through difficult cases.

Cons

Lack of search function for the calls is one of the biggest pain points. You need to go through all the chats and find the one you are looking for, Instead of just having a search bar that would allow you to search calls to specific number. Other thing could be the issue with some providers, causing trouble to make calls,

Nicholas

July 2022

Good Product - Easy to Use

Good product for a good price, needs work but it gets the job done.

Pros

- Ease of Use - Ease of Deployment - Excellent Support - Reporting works well -Customize-able

Cons

- Limited support options - Limited call flow changes

Tarell

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

June 2022

My overall experience with helpdesk was ok we had some challenges. I think you guys should look into making an update with the logging feature.

Pros

I love how it provides a detailed breakdown of an agent performance at a given time.

Cons

I really think you guys should include a time stamp so it's easier to log, track and review interactions.

Reasons for switching to Talkdesk

Help desk was recommended by a CRM.

Anthony

My Talkdesk experience

All people from Talkdesk are very involve since the deployment process. During implementation, we deal with PS, they are just amazing, and they understand very well our organization and how we work. They also help us to improve our contact center. After implementation, we have our CSM and TAM who are taking over and it was very smooth. When we were on "run" the support team have been also very reactive, they answer very fast on all our quick request.

Pros

The best feature for me is the Salesforce integration. It was on our main requirement and I'm really happy because it's 100% integrated. The other thing very important is the easy way to implement the solution. Talkdesk is a very user-friendly tool and it's an easy software to use

Cons

I would like to have more options and granularity on the Talkdesk roles and be able to personalize more who get access on which feature

Reasons for choosing Talkdesk

For the very good integration with Salesforce, and we had a better feeling with Talkdesk as we share the same values.

Reasons for switching to Talkdesk

We move to talkdesk for PCI reasons, we had to work with a partner which have a global PCI DSS level 1 certification.

Tyler

Powerful phone system, though focus shifting away from startups

We needed a phone system which allowed our distributed team to take business calls on mobile numbers and not expose their personal phones. Talkdesk has empowered this use case, though we wish the apps were easier to use.

Pros

Product is full featured, including full ability to call anywhere (including internationally), digital voicemail, contact management, calling from a browser, analytics and performance statistics, and integration with CRMs. You can also receive incoming calls via phone line rather than just via data connection. Many customization options including business hours settings, which phone lines to ring in certain circumstances, and a call tree builder are also helpful.

Cons

For the longest time, Talkdesk did not have apps for iOS nor Android, but now it appears that they do as of October 2019. Even still, you need to activate the app via a technical support request, which is not a very user-friendly way to handle things. The web-browser based version occasionally hangs (nonresponsive) and a page reload is required, even though we are using a modern computer and modern browser. We've also noticed that the company's focus is shifting away from small customers and startups towards only enterprise customers, so the platform is not as easy to deploy or use for this segment as it was before.

Reasons for choosing Talkdesk

Balance between cost and feature set

Reasons for switching to Talkdesk

Grasshopper was not connecting all calls, meaning a customer would call us and leave a message, yet none of our agents were never rang or notified. We haven't had this problem much with Talkdesk (though, not never).

Maria

Talkdesk app for Salesforce

Pros

it was easy to implement and customize with the product

Cons

The way it interprets data. You really have to dig and email the representative to get some of the metrics needed or interpret some. It shouldn't be that hard to get some metrics pulled up.

Reasons for switching to Talkdesk

the customization options available with Talkdesk

Megan

June 2022

Talk Easily with Talkdesk!

Overall, nice and easy experience with Talkdesk!

Pros

I love how straight forward and easy to use Talkdesk is. It allows me to have a work phone number and dialing system to communicate with my clients easily, as well as monitor calls coming in via the Caller ID feature.

Cons

I'm looking forward to innovation in having a clear historical log and reminder nudges to follow up with client calls

hen

Review for talkdesk

Pros

Easy to implement. High level of documentation.

Cons

Cant control the waiting calls to redirect to antoher queue

Mike

So glad we made the move to Talkdesk!!!

I love it and I love the people who run it. Honestly our lives have been SOOOOO much better since coming over from ZenDesk. I am not putting down ZenDesk either, their help desk platform is hard to beat. But for the calling feature which is all we use, Talkdesk does it much better and saved us thousands a year!

Pros

What I like most about this software is that IT WORKS!!! We have used two other systems in the past and both were iffy at best, often went down, and when they did it was always someone else to blame. Talkdesk has outstanding uptime, in fact I cannot think of a single outage in a year of using them. The cost is much less than we were paying, and their support is extraordinary!

Cons

The licensing can be a bit tricky to figure out as they have some seasonal ones you can add but sometimes that's confusing and doesn't happen quickly if you need to add them. But that is also planning on our part and giving them time.

Reasons for choosing Talkdesk

Price, service, support, overall value.

Reasons for switching to Talkdesk

Cost and troubles using services

Oscar

There is no Better telephony software!

Pros

We use Talkdesk with our multiple salesforce instances. TD makes integration between the two systems, and management of the integration very easy. Click to Dial has become heavily relied on to provide relative metrics behind our outreach, I don't believe we could've come as far as we have without Talkdesk.

Cons

There are still some feature I would like to see enhanced in order for the tool to provide further insight. Reporting could use for enhancements to provide between usability. Secondly, I would to see improvements around the ability to distinguish between multiple records which may have the same name.

Robert

Why we chose Talkdesk

Overall, it has been a positive and pleasant experience. They are always responsive, always open to feedback and will go the extra mile to assist with special requests.

Pros

Ease of setup, the support provided, constant updates and integrations with other software and services. Constant updates from their development team on new features and services.

Cons

Could use some additional features such as multiple dashboards to monitor multiple centers/ring groups

Reasons for choosing Talkdesk

Features, service package and features in development

Better performance, better features

Amir

Great experience so far

Pros

We've had a pretty good experience with TalkDesk since we launched it a few years ago. We love the ease of configuration, the built in reports, the great user interface, and the modern design. We switched over from a legacy/long-time vendor that was reliable, but very difficult to customize or even to pull reports from.

Cons

TalkDesk should do a better job recommending hardware for agents. We had to go through 3 different headsets before settling on a good one. We also did have some complications during on-boarding but this was a few years ago so I'm sure they improved their process.

Reasons for switching to Talkdesk

Very difficult to customize or even to pull reports from.

Nicole

More than your Average Dialer

My experience was overall positive. There were some points that I was completely upset with the program, but that was only because I really needed to power through some dialing lists and TalkDesk was slowing down my momentum. (Which again, I know they are fixing )

Pros

Talkdesk has a vast number of pros than meets the eye. I originally started using talk desk simply because I needed a dialer that would hook up to my Salesforce. There were a few other options I was weighing but Talkdesk had the most features. It's great for people who are rapid dialers because you can load playbooks, and just smile and dial. It's also awesome for mail-merges if you need to send out a quick email to a select group of your pipeline. If you are not fond of organizing your leads through SalesForce, you do have the option of working solely out of TalkDesk; you can create tasks to call, events, and add notes that will automatically populate into your salesforce. They are a newer company that is always willing to hop on a call to troubleshoot and are open to feedback.

Cons

Not all dialers come issue free. My major qualm with using TalkDesk was that it never allowed you to work out of an account, and only contacts. This made it difficult for me to track who I was dialing if I was solely working out of Talkdesk. The other issue (Which I know they are fixing) is how the screen pops up when you are using Talkdesk as a click-to-dial feature in Salesforce. I hate having to click more than I need to just to make a call, and it burdened me when I was trying to power down my list.

More features

Logan

Talkdesk everything you want with a clean UI/UX - CCaaS

OUr customers want quick and easy access to their reps by phone. Talkdesk makes that possible. Management wants an integrated phone system to be able to view high level data in other areas of our business. Talkdesk is the CCaas that fit our needs.

Pros

The ease of use the my favorite thing about the software. As a daily user and admin, Talkdesk isn't part of things I worry about breaking, it just works. It works for me and new hires alike.

Cons

Call quality. If talkdesk could fix the random bouts of call quality issues, then this would be a near perfect solution.

Reasons for choosing Talkdesk

At the time talkdesk was way more robust and it has totally fixed our need so we don't need to worry about how others software's have progressed since then because talkdesk is continually improving.

Reasons for switching to Talkdesk

UI, UX, call quality, ease of use, reports, scalability, call routing, cost

Chase

Talkdesk is an awesome all in one phone service.

I would highly recommend this service to companies in need of an online phone system.

Pros

This service integrates well with all of our other systems. We use different phone lines with this service for all ends of our business.

Cons

Setup could have been a little easier, but support was awesome.

Reasons for switching to Talkdesk

Better pricing and features.

Valdrin

Industry: Restaurants

Easy to set up and feature full contact center

Overall experience is positive, it has many great features, a click to call extension, a callbar. It also has some things that are missing, however, the overall experience, we as admins of talkdesk, and our agents is positive.

Pros

The most I like about talkdesk is that it has many integrations with other 3rd party sites, such as Salesforce, Kustomer, Ytica, etc. And all of these integrations are already included, out of the box -- we don't have to do any coding, or API calls ourselves. Besides that, we also like how easy it is to set up new agents, give them a new number, or add them to a ring group and they are ready to make and receive calls within minutes.

Cons

The least I like about Talkdesk is the reporting section. Granted, their scheduled reports and dashboards are great tools which we use daily; however they lack some quality of life features that will make creating and editing reports from a chore to an enjoyable experience. The issue is that, once a scheduled report has been created, it cannot be edited anymore, and our team frequently has new hires and transfers so we have the need to add new members to different reports, but that is not possible, and instead we have to recreate the whole report from scratch.

Talkdesk is the best in Class

Really positive. Talkdesk does a great job at listening to their customer needs in order to make a better product. That are fast with changes that benefit a wide net of their clients.

Pros

We were looking for a CCAAS partner that would seamlessly integrate with Zendesk. We needed to have a full integration that allowed screen pops for agents to document tickets.

Cons

In order to capitalize on reporting, you really need to have a serious excel background but once you have the data where it needs to be, the reporting is very powerful.

Reasons for choosing Talkdesk

Talkdesk focuses more on the call center where Zendesk Talk is a smaller product built within Zendesk.

Reasons for switching to Talkdesk

Inconsistent integration with Zendesk.

Don

The Best, Near Perfection Integration

We have been using both SalesForce and TalkDesk for more than a year now for our company and it could have never been easier compared to what we were using before, I am really thankful that our team have discovered this platform. We started using SalesForce first for a few weeks but then TalkDesk happened and it has never been this easy for me and my team, Calls logged automatically, Cases auto populate with the correct and necessary details which results in fast and efficient customer response and information backtracking. We can never ask for a better service, The Talkdesk Live at our dashboard was super helpful for managing our Agents and for tracking our service level rates which is very important if you are working for a customer driven company/job. The only hiccup that we have experienced overall is SF connector not linking properly to the TalkDesk widget in which we figured was caused by Internet fluctuations whenever the connection speed gets lost/slow but with coordinating this with the Talkdesk Team and our IT department we were able to fix the issue and it barely happens anymore and when it does occur it can be easily fixed by reloading SF. Such an awesome service.

Pros

Integration is a breeze, My team and I never encountered any issues with the integration and the information of any of our call logs getting lost/missing

Cons

Callbar integration would sometimes disconnect fail, there are times where the information takes minutes to get transferred to Salesforce which is detrimental to fast customer interaction

Lydia

TalkDesk makes monitoring and managing a team easy

I am able to tackle issues of productivity by easily tracking each individuals performance with great ease. Not only can I track how many calls they are making, but I can easily track how long they are spending on and off the phones, among many other things. TalkDesk assists with many of my manager responsibilities.

Pros

Live reporting screen is easily customisable so you can keep track of what is important to you. You can also pull lots of different reports for all your needs.

Cons

I would like to be able to see when an agent was set to which status without having to pull the data, rather than just what proportion of the hour they were set to each status. The individual graphs that show that an agent was set to (e.g.) available for 20 minutes during 9-10am are useful but I want to know WHEN they were available.

Fairly innovative company, not perfect but who is

Pros

We've been with Talkdesk for over 2 years, and in that time they've proven to be hungry for the market, very innovative and collaborative. The product is fairly robust and there are releases fairly often for improvements, minimal downtime and a nice UI/interface. The sentiment reporting is invaluable and you often don't have to reach out to support since their knowledge base is ridiculously thorough.

Cons

We definitely noticed with the departure of our first CSM and transition to another, our rose colored glasses started to come off. Talkdesk suffered some serious outages later in 2017 (though they did their best to make it right after the fact). There are some seemingly obvious improvements that could be made to the product that they have so far de-prioritized over those shiny "innovative" features. Reporting more often than not requires exporting CSVs in order to truly dig into the data, and when you do have to contact support you'll always get a canned response, have to clarify and emphasize again, *then* the agent starts to answer your question.

Kenneth

June 2016

A fresh take on an old necessity

There are a lot of longstanding names in the call center software arena. Like many verticals with legacy providers, aging code bases make agile integration, extensibility, and the introduction of innovative new capabilities difficult. Talkdesk is the relatively newcomer to the cloud call center software space that we found to be the perfect mix of fresh, full-featured, and reliable. After all, your phone system in nothing on which you can take a gamble. As we have grown and our needs increased, so too have the capabilities of the Talkdesk platform. We have been very happy with the decision to leverage Talkdesk as our call center solution and look forward to continuing to leverage new platform capabilities as they are introduced.

Pros

1. A wide array of out of the box integrations with other widely used platforms 2. Great customer success management 3. An innovative team that is eager to add platform capabilities but consider tackling in new, potentially more effective ways than what currently exists. 4. Lots of opportunities to share feedback and participate in new beta offerings 5. Good value for the price per seat 6. Effective as a cross-company phone solution, both for call center and non call center staff

Cons

1. An API to an API. Because Talkdesk is built on top of twilio and other telephony providers, the API is effectively a bridge to another API which currently limits integration capabilities. 2. Sometimes slow to respond or ineffective technical customer support when troubleshooting integration issues.

Hugo

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Talkdesk for call centre

I was initially a customer experience agent. As an agent, I was using Talkdesk as a tool to communicate with customers and keep track of my performance. I am now a manager and use Talkdesk daily in order to manage the workflow of my employees. Additionnally, I always use Talkdesk to have a detail view of the performance from the member on my team. Based on their data, I will be able to performing adequate coaching sessions.

Pros

I like that as a supervisor I have a lot of visibility and detailed data about my agents performance. As such, I can offer personalized help to each of my agents in regards to their perfomance data shown on the Talkdesk software. It has helped me become a better manager and my employees become more performant. Additionnally, Talkdesk offers a lot of features in order for you to personalize your Talkdesk as per your needs. You can manipulate the lines and many other things in order to properly set the workflow.

Cons

I don't have many cons about this software. I do see some newer agents struggling with the user friendliness of it all. However, you learn pretty quickly to manipulate it.

Talkdesk