All Vevox Reviews

Vevox Helps Make Accounting Presentations Fun

Noah

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Vevox does what you need for a better price

I use Vevox to assess student learning outcomes in University classes.

PROS

Vevox is just the right mix of features and value. It isn't the do-everything Poll Everywhere, but it definitely isn't bare-bones, and I find that the pricing makes it a much better value than more expensive options. There are many options for polling question types and I find many of them useful. For my senior level undergraduate classes it helps me quickly assess learning outcomes as well as keep students engaged. The branding features are great and make the product almost look like a white label solution with our university graphics and colors integrated into every poll. Vevox staff are also highly responsive when I have questions or need help with the product, and the development team is clearly still adding features to improve the product. This gives me assurance that the product will be supported for a long time to come, which is important when I invest time into a new software product.

CONS

Sometimes the polling sessions for students would disconnect, but I have a feeling this was on the user end as they were often using smartphones. It was easy enough for them to reconnect and join the session.

Reason for choosing Vevox

Poll Everywhere has many more features, but most were superfluous. Vevox nails the important stuff at much lower cost.

Hi Noah, Thank you for your review! It is great to hear that you find Vevox to be a mix of benefits and value to your institution, that your students are engaged, and that you particularly enjoy the customisation feature within your account. It is also great to hear that you are reassured by developments to our product and I am pleased to share that as of 12th Feb 2023 we have released another update, which you can read all about in our release blog: https://www.vevox.com/blog/vevox-product-update-february-2023 If you need any assistance or have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact us via our website. Many thanks, Kristina - Community Engagement Manager

Replied February 2023

Gillian

Government Administration, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed August 2022

Excellent Tool for Improving Employee Engagement

Having had such a positive experience on the first organisation-wide event using Vevox, we plan to use it going forward in regular team meetings, town halls, training sessions internally, as well as customer-facing events and forums.

PROS

This tool is so easy to use - super intuitive to work it out for yourself but also comes with a wealth of guides, videos, webinars etc. as well as access to a really helpful customer success team. We used it for our first all-staff away day and it was a great success that went beyond my expectations. The Q&A feature enabled our employees to post their questions for senior managers anonymously and we saw a huge increase in the number of questions asked using Vevox compared to previous events. We also used the Poll feature to enable everyone to vote on ideas generated during the day. All of which made the event more interactive and enjoyable. In the event evaluation survey, Vevox was mentioned in several responses as a highlight of the event and was rated as 4 or 5 stars by over 95% of respondents. Many employees fed back that they felt more involved and enjoyed the ease of participation using Vevox.

CONS

Might be nice to be able to see results coming in live on things like Word Clouds and so on, rather than having to stop the survey / poll before it shows up. Other than that, we're new users still so haven't yet made use of the integrations with PowerPoint and/or MS Teams so waiting to see how that will go.

Reason for choosing Vevox

Vevox edged it with a more cost-effective pricing package and their customer support offer.

Hi Gillian, Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that you had a positive experience using Vevox for the first time, so much so that you plan to use it going forward regularly in your organisation. It is fantastic also to hear that using our anonymous Q&A saw an increase in your interaction, and that Vevox was mentioned as a highlight of the event. I'm pleased to share with you that you are able to see polling results coming in live, here is a useful link to one of our short YouTube videos on this. The video is a word cloud video, and shows how to display live results through the navigation bar at 20secs in. This is something you will be able to do with all polling types: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYWo6BtINyc If you need any assistance with this or have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via our website. Many thanks, Kristina - Community Engagement Manager

Replied February 2023

Connor

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2019

A professional, useful polling app

Vevox is great for allowing accurate results from debates in meetings to be collected, with the ease of joining polls and a very usable app, i think its great. As mentioned earlier, if a simplified / kahoot! styled 'mode' was added, i think this would appeal to more events and younger audiences.

PROS

One of my favourite features is its integration with PowerPoint. Another point would be the aesthetic of the app is very professional The app itself is also very usable

CONS

I personally have always felt it lacks the certain engagement power of services such as kahoot!, which i know is more of a game styled polling service, but for simpler purposes, this would be favoured for a lot of people i know due to its simplicity and engagement. Otherwise i feel compared to other polling services, vevox has great competitive advantages.

Hi Connor, Thank you for the review. I'm pleased to know that you like the PowePoint integration and find it useful. We're making improvements to our quizzing functionality in our next product releases so please stay tuned as this relates to your references around gamified polling. If you need any assistance or have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact us via our website. We look forward to hearing how you get on in future sessions. Many thanks, Ben - Customer Success Team

Replied February 2020

Halyna

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed December 2023

Vevox to increase engagement in the classroom

PROS

User friendly interface. Easy and fast to create a quiz or a survey, and easy to start/manage in the classroom. Allows time to stop and discuss the issues with the class, as the responses are anonymous (even if the emails are collected, they are not shown on the screen, so , it makes it possible to discuss the answers as a classroom peer-review but anonymous activity, which is excellent for shy students). Secondly, you can create a quick AI generated quiz in a short break, or integrate an AI generated quiz into your quiz. Several features you can combine or select from depending on the purpose: word cloud, multiple choice, open space/text. Many participants are allowed simultaneously.

CONS

AI quiz is predictable. The correct answer is always fist. Often it is also the longest, therefore, it is very easy to guess it. Students understand the 1st one is correct after the 2nd/3rd question. Also, AI quiz is limited to 5 questions.

Reasons for switching to Vevox

My employer has licensed Vevox so it is easy to use the tool witch is accessible.

HI Halyna, Thanks so much for taking the time to review Vevox, we really the feedback and glad to hear it has been such a positive experience for you. Thanks also for the feedback on our AI quiz question generation. With regards to all correct answers being in the first position, this is not something that should happen and we have not been able to recreate it in testing here. If this is something you are still experiencing please contact us so we can investigate further. Also the limit to 5 questions is only per query so you can generate as many as you like per quiz/session, just only five at at time. Hope this helps. Thanks again for taking the time to review Vevox. All the best, The Vevox team

Replied December 2023

Coker

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Building my love for Vevox

As an enablement function of one, I needed to create more engaging training sessions and events in a quick and easy manner. Since we move fast, I needed to be able to solicit feedback and measure impact of our content and enablement programs in real-time. Lastly, I needed a way to report on enablement impact, and be able to identify content and skills gaps quickly. Vevox solves all of these for me :)

PROS

The experience is consistent across all features within the product - learn once, use everywhere. Simple. Clean. Engaging.

CONS

There aren't any show stoppers from my perspective. There are a few enhancements I'd love to see (noted below):1. Integration with Google Slides to create a seamless experience for the administrator & users2. Ability to create sections within a session, where an admin could have segmentation if using during a multi-session or multi-day eventI also provided a few specific considerations to the Vevox team I've interacted with to-date.

Reason for choosing Vevox

There are three reasons I chose Vevox. Their names are [sensitive content hidden]. The experience they gave me was world-class. I didn't choose to buy Vevox - I bought [sensitive content hidden]. I serve SDRs, AEs, and Customer Success teams day in and day out, with the goal of enabling them to provide our customers with the best possible experience. I enable them to deliver the experience I got from my Vevox team. Thank you!

Hi Coker, Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that you find Vevox simple to use and engaging, that it solves all of your requirements, and that various members of our team have had a significant positive impact on your experience using Vevox. Thank you also for your feedback on areas where we could further improve our product. Please be assured that I have passed these suggestions onto our development team, we always like to further improve our offering based off real feedback and suggestions! In the mean time, you might find our Q&A labelling feature useful to your sessions, here's a help article on it that you might find useful: https://help.vevox.com/hc/en-us/articles/4526493646237-Add-and-filter-labels-on-the-Q-A-board If you need any assistance or have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact us via our website. Many thanks, Kristina - Community Engagement Manager

Stephen

Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Vevox - An excellent polling solution

Excellent - I get to engage fully with the class and break up the periods of me droning on with some fun activities.

PROS

It's simplicity of use, that fact that I can whip up a quiz in no time. The changes to the QR code so I don't have to mess around with 9/10 figure meeting IDs is great. And the fact it all works so seemlessly.

CONS

The new sounds that accompany the running of the polling question - that's not to say I don't like them, but in the last few seconds it could do with having someting 'crescendo'y. I know, not the biggest issue, but it would be helpful particularly with the more simple 'ticking clock' options.

Reasons for switching to Vevox

It was a completely hardware driven solution rather than being webbased which made it difficult to manage as it involved a lot of physically picking up packs of clickers etc.

Charlotte

Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Excellent service

Excellent service. My contact [sensitive content hidden] is excellent and always there to support with any queries I have.

PROS

Vevox is easy to use and simple to set up for our needs at events on Teams and in person

CONS

I miss the app and liked this tool. It would also be good for polls to be integrated into Powerpoint for use by non administrators.

Reasons for switching to Vevox

Nestlé wide switch - was not a decision I was involved with

Phil

Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Helping colleagues engage with leadership

PROS

I really like the SSO option which identifies colleagues who submit questions. This provides full transparency and enables us to answer colleagues directly if we don't have time to answer their live event questions at the time.

CONS

Nothing specific to highlight here.......

Reasons for switching to Vevox

I used Vevox at my previous company and prefer the functionality of it

Andre

Retail, 501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed November 2023

Better than Zoom!

Vevox is a great product. It functions very well and is completely reliable. I'm glad my company has started using it. I would recommend others try it, for sure.

PROS

We had a very large group of people participating in a virtual training seminar and the audio and video was absolutely perfect. Using similar but different apps in the past, I did not have as good of an experience.

CONS

I have not come across any issues in using Vevox. The links worked, the meetings were easy to join, many people used different devices and had no issues connecting.

Reasons for switching to Vevox

I'm not 100% sure. The person who made that decision is higher up, but the decision seems like it was a very good one.

Germain

Food & Beverages, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2024

Vevox Review

PROS

Great product, easy to use, better for live events and greats Teams Integration

CONS

Survey options lacking of of diversification of options

Steve

Recreational Facilities and Services, 2-10 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed September 2020

Great First Impressions ... and I'm looking forward to another excuse to use Vevox

On first use, I'm really impressed. The free tier on Vevox had all the functionality we needed to help us handle voting at the online AGM for our not-for-profit organisation. A call from a Vevox rep helped them understand what we're were up to and explained some of the additional features that I hadn't been able to try. Vevox also called after our meeting to gather feedback, which they seemed to take seriously. I'm optimistic that my suggestions will make it onto their roadmap. I think Vevox works best for "real world" meetings when voters use the mobile app, or when using the mobile app during an online meeting that's accessed via a different device. I did try doing it all on one PC, all on one tablet, and all on one phone, and they all worked too ... it just detracted a little from the experience. Hopefully users who need to do that will be a small proportion of your "audience" as they were for me. I've already recommended Vevox to others and am looking forward to giving the tool another try when the right opportunity arises.

PROS

Getting started as the "administrator" was very easy, and the free tier seems to offer pretty much all I could reasonably want or ask for for our not-for-profit organisation. That users can access our meeting's polls in a web-browser or in the free mobile apps is great. Also very impressed by the level of engagement from the company. Soon after signing up I had a helpful call from one of their team and offers of support and demos if needed.

CONS

In the middle of running a meeting I found it unhelpful that the confirmation dialog boxes appeared at the bottom edge of the screen where I wasn't really looking and had me confused for a minute. As the presence of those dialogs disables all other options they might as well be front and centre ... but probably this won't be a problem on second use in any case as now I know about it! I'd have liked to be able to see who had and who had not voted without having to close the poll (and have a paid account to see vote details). The idea would be just to make sure that no-one attempting to vote in our meeting was having technical difficulties. For this purpose, knowing which option people had voted for would not be required, knowing that a vote has been registered for the person (or not) would be enough. Indeed, it would probably only be necessary for one such question per meeting, and could be a template question if necessary (such as "Can you vote in this Poll?").

Hi Steve, Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that you have had a great first impression using Vevox, and that you had all the functionality you were looking for within the free account. It is also fantastic to hear that you received support from a member of our customer success team. Thank you for your feedback and explaining your scenario. There are a couple of points that you have made that could definitely be discussed with the customer success team, I will forward your feedback onto them. It is however possible for participants to minimize the polling screen, there is an arrow on the screen to enable them to do this. If you need any assistance or have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact us via our website. We look forward to hearing how you get on in your future sessions. Many thanks, Kristina - Customer Success Team

Replied September 2020

Helen

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed March 2023

First Time Vevox User

A great experience with a super team that were tolerant and patient with me. Despite me being needy they never once showed it and I am grateful.

PROS

I found Vevox by chance and what a find it was. It has all the features I was looking for and at the event the functionality was great and it looked terrific seeing it on the big screen. The convert to poll facility is incredible and saved a lot of time. It is a super platform that is incredibly good value. The main pros for me was the patience of the Vevox team and support team with my ineptitude with technology. I am learn as I do so did struggle a little but this was down to me and not the system. The support I received was incredible and I am a tad embarrassed at how needy I was. On the plus side I will be using them again and know it will be a better experience for all next time.

CONS

I would like to be able to export QR codes and not have to snip and paste.It would be great if we could have videos and polls on the same slide

Reason for choosing Vevox

Functionality and value for money

Functionality and price

Hi Helen, Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that Vevox had everything you were looking for from an engagement tool, and that you have been well supported by our Customer Success team. Thank you also for your feedback around additions we could add to our dashboard to further improve it's functionality. We have passed this onto our product development team, and always like to further improve Vevox based off customer suggestions! If you need any assistance or have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact us via our website. Many thanks, Kristina - Community Engagement Manager

Imogen

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2020

New quizzing features have transformed our weekly team meetings!

Vevox are constantly refreshing and releasing new features and updating the product, so I would advise keeping an eye out for new releases and giving them a go!

PROS

The new quizzing and leaderboard features are simply fantastic! I have used Vevox for a few years for our team meetings, mainly using simple polls and Q&A, but since lockdown I've been running team quizzes using the recently launched new features, and have to say that my team are a lot more engaged and morale seems boosted. Being able to get competitive against each other and see where you are scoring on the leaderboard is great fun, but also having the flexibility to do this anonymously if you want is ideal. The quiz set-up was a lot easier than I initially expected, so would certainly recommend giving it a go.

CONS

I didn't see the numeric question options on first glance, so perhaps these could be made more obvious/elevated. When I was setting my quiz up I contacted the Vevox customer service team with a few questions and they were very helpful at helping me out and making me look like a quizzing pro! No hitches on quiz night and was very pleased with how it went. Will certainly be doing another quiz asap!

Hi Imogen, Thank you for the lovely review. It's fantastic to hear that you are enjoying our new quizzing features and that using Vevox has been beneficial to your team's engagement. It is also great to hear that you found the set-up easy, and when you did have questions you received the help you were looking for from our customer success team. If you need any assistance or have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact us via our website. We look forward to hearing how you get on in your future sessions. Many thanks, Kristina - Customer Success Team

Replied July 2020

Mike

Legal Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed May 2021

I love Vevox, I just wish it was better

PROS

I really like how easy to use the product is, and how well it integrates with Webex. It's a joy to train others in the firm on it, and it offers a wide range of interactivity functions to elevate even the most boring meetings/presentations

CONS

Where the integration with Webex fails, as it has done recently - usually around upgrades - this has cause problems. The fact that similar functionality does not exist to a usable level with Zoom or Teams is another concern. The pricing model is confusing to explain to new users, and a barrier to their using the product. It would be great to have weighted voting. I also am keen to see the swift return of authenticated logins for attendees, and not just having to use the 'Legacy' platform, as that's a key one for our big events.

Hi Mike, Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that you have found Vevox easy to use and find the different features elevate your meetings. Thank you also for your feedback regarding potential improvements. This has been fed back to our team for review, please feel free to contact us if you have any further suggestions or need any support or assistance. We look forward to hearing how you get on in your future sessions. Many thanks, Kristina - Customer Success Team

Replied June 2021

Celine

Pharmaceuticals, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed November 2021

feedback from a regular user

see "most liked"

PROS

it is a good tool to gather people votes, have Q&A (good to see the most liked question), the poll questions are useful, it helps create interaction remotely

CONS

app not very easy to use, little selection of backgrounds, and not very appealing, interface is not so easy to use i didn't find how to include power point slides, overall i'm sorry to report that i preferred using Mentimeter and i've had to adapt to Vevox as my subscription was not renewed, i hope this will help you improve this tool that has a good potential with a few adjustments i'll give a much better review :-)

company choice

Hi Celine, Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that using Vevox's polling and Q&A functionality has enabled interaction remotely in your organisation. Thank you for your feedback on customization, we have 24 pre-designed meeting themes currently, but there are limitless options for truly personalizing your session under the 'custom' theme settings. Here is a helpful article that can help you with this: https://help.vevox.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001047818-Customizing-the-look-and-feel-of-Vevox Here is another useful link to our helpsite, this specifically offers support articles for enabling Vevox polling within PowerPoint: https://help.vevox.com/hc/en-us/categories/360001607057-PowerPoint-Add-in We would like to offer you further help and support to make the most out of your Vevox account. If you would like to access this please email us at customersuccess@vevox.com Many thanks, Kristina - Customer Success Team

Replied March 2022

Adam

Events Services, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2020

Learn itr today, use it tomorrow

I run an audience response company, where I frequently take keypads to conferences and events. Taking several keypads abroad can be logistically challenging so when the audience can bring their own devices and use Vevox, it makes life much easier. Vevox is a great tool for collecting questions and comments at an event. You have the option of sending questions anonymously which in my experience makes people more honest.

PROS

Vevox is very simple to use because it's interface is very intuitive and clearly laid out. It's easy to use for both presenters and audience. Once you are connected to the internet, Vevox doesn't use up much bandwidth. As a result I have never experienced any lagging or delays with connection. You can use Vevox to ask an audience a range of questions, most commonly used are multiple choice and open ended questions. You also have the option to run Vevox via your PowerPoint presentations. Your polling/ question slides will then match the slides in the rest of your presentation.

CONS

A couple of additions would be welcome such as the option to add an event agenda. However, Vevox functions are continually being updated.

Reason for choosing Vevox

The customer care is very good, they are very quick to respond on both telephone and web chat. Individuals in company have years and years of collective experience in events so they know the needs of both presenters and delegates.

Hi Adam, Thank you for the review and your feedback. It's great to hear that you find Vevox to be very simple to use and intuitive for live polling and Q&A. If you have any product feedback in the future, please do send this through to feedback@vevox.com as it's great to continually hear what's important to our users. If you need any assistance or have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact us via our website. Many thanks, Ben - Customer Success Team

Replied February 2020

Kay

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Vevox Feedback

Vevox has certainly helped us in what we do and when we have contacted the Support Team they have been great. Generally recommend them to others but with the caveat it can be a little erratic.

PROS

Vevox helps us create some active content in online courses that can be sometimes a little dry. It helps assess delegate participation and understanding. It also allows Trainers to see if someone is not quite fully understanding an aspect of the course but without any embarrassment from the attending delegates as it is all anonymous.

CONS

It can still be somewhat "erratic" and doesn't always decide to play ball. The trainers who use it are now used to ad-libbing when Vevox doesn't play ball but it wold be good if we could rely on it 100%.

Reason for choosing Vevox

I personally preferred the ease of setting up with Vevox over Slidio

Hi Kay, Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that using Vevox has helped you assess participation and understanding in your training sessions, and it helps your trainers to identify areas to offer further support. Thank you also for your feedback. I highly recommend you getting in touch with your Vevox Customer Success Representative for further support and they will be able to help you directly. If you need any assistance or have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact us via our website. Many thanks, Kristina - Community Engagement Manager

Napamon