All Elementor Reviews

Mike

Marketing and Advertising, 2 - 10 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed April 2024

Elementor Really Does The Trick.

Monica

Reviewed June 2023

Elementor Visual Builder : a good choice for everyone

I use elementor [paid and free] for some clients who like to customize on their own, so i needed a very user friendly interface for them. Never disappointed.

PROS

I like the most that is quick to setup and to use. I never had any overloading problem with elementor, like i had with more heavy visual builders.

CONS

Some critical features for professional are under paid license, and this license is an annual fee. Elementor doesn't have a lifetime solution, and that's a pity.

Reason for choosing Elementor

Divi is more complex, and with its one time license offers all the functionality of the paid version of elementor. This means customize everything, even core templates in Wordpress or Woocommerce. I don't need all of this for some of my clients, who want to do some things on their own, and i needed a more quick and easy interface. Elementor was the perfect solution.

Reasons for switching to Elementor

For some clients Elementor was a better Solution, so i switched. For others was not, and i used Divi builder.

Luciano

Music, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed November 2023

It's a the most flexible website builder to use in WordPress

It's a very great tool for building good WordPress websites. I would recommend it because it's popular and professional.

PROS

Elementor is such a fantastic website builder. I like it because it enables me to accomplish a lot of cool things with ease and simplicity. First, It's one of the most beginner-friendly WordPress plugins that I've known up to now - it's easy to set up and it's extremely popular in the market. Secondly, It's compatible with a lot of third-party plugins and applications that are currently driving impacts in the market today which simplify all the hard process of work. It's feature-rich and provides advanced customization features with a lot of design options like templates, predesigned pages, sections, and some other forms of lead-generation pages that are amazing to use when starting off with a project. Besides this, It works seamlessly with some of my favorite javascript frameworks like GSAP to add professional animations to pages and sections. Additionally, I like Elementor because it's not limited to just the framework environment, it also allows the user to add their own HTML, CSS, and Javascript codes. To my knowledge, there is no other definition of flexibility than this.

CONS

Elementor can be a little frightening in the beginning and can seem to be challenging too but ultimately becomes easy with time. I noticed that the editor becomes slow sometimes when too many add-ons are used and other times, it becomes completely inaccessible as the features can't be clicked when I use it with Elements Kit Pro whereas the lite version of Elementskit doesn't show this conflict in attitude with Elementor.

Reasons for switching to Elementor

Some of the reasons for switching from these builders are customization, design quality, and performance of these plugins.

Thomas

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2022

It use to be a great builder... but not anymore

It used to be a wonderful product. Now, I want to permanently forget about this product and never come back or use it again. New alternatives on the market prove that it is possible to make a powerful builder that takes user feedback into account and continues to innovate.I decided to switch to Bricks in order to get a better builder in almost every possible way. If you read this review and hesitate between Elementor and Bricks. Don't lose your time. Bricks is now so much better than this old carcass.

PROS

Ease of use, popularity, native integrations and variety of elements.

CONS

No customer centricity, no support, no public roadmap, no innovation since two years and last but not least breaking changes with product updates.

Reviewed January 2024

The best builder for WordPress.

In general, Elementor is the best builder on the market in terms of its price-tools ratio, it has a large community so it is generally easy to get manuals and tutorials

PROS

Creating websites is very easy to manage and the range of tools and addons is immense, so you can do almost anything.

CONS

Sometimes it generates a lot of extra JS code that is not used in the specific page.

Reason for choosing Elementor

Its UX is very good when creating websites.

Ngala Emmanuel

Graphic Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2023

My all-in-one website builder

Elementor helps me to build web pages faster and more flexibly. I'm not saying that it's perfect but, there's no better alternative - I haven't seen any yet.We also integrate it into our HTML websites, making them very easy to edit in WordPress. I highly recommend Elementor

PROS

I love Elementor because it's easy to use and also very affordable. It's been approximately 4 years now that I've been using this website builder for my projects and clients. I use it to design almost every WordPress website.Some of the features that I really enjoy in Elementor are:the live editor (drag & drop builder), and the flex container feature which provides amazing layout designs, animations, and template extraction.It's perfect for beginners and visually appealing. Elementor also supports a ton of integrations which I find absolutely amazing.

CONS

I discovered that when more than 4 Elementor addons are used, the editor becomes slow and there is a conflict with the Elements Kit Pro plugin too. I experienced this while I tried importing a full pre-designed page from ElementsKit, The Elementor editor became non-responsive and I couldn't edit any fields When I deactivated the ElementsKit Pro plugin, the Elementor editor became responsive.At first, I was wondering if the problem was due to cache issues but soon realized that it wasn't because of the caches. I think the developers should try experimenting from their end to see what's not working right because there Is no point deactivating one plugin just because you need to use the other.

Reasons for switching to Elementor

There are several reasons why I switched from these WordPress site builders:1. Divi builder is extremely expensive and consumes a lot of resources from my server.2. There are just too many features in the Visual Composer plugin, they confuse me sometimes.3. Brizy bugs & completely freaks out when I try performing complex customization.4. Site Builder Pro has a poor design capacity and the IU is not that good (honestly).There are several other reasons why these tools could not fit my specific needs. I would love to share them in separate reviews

Ferent

Building Materials, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2023

It is my best web builder for WordPress

Overall, Elementor helps me to design websites rapidly and professionally. It provides a wonderful editing experience and helps users to achieve quality results.

PROS

In my career, I tried a few website builders for WordPress, and among all, Elementor stands out and so far it's my first recommendation for users who are looking for a fast-forward web builder to help hone and fasten their skills. I prefer Elementor because of its user-friendly interface and drag-and-drop functionality. Its extensive design options and pre-designed templates help to speed up the web design process as I can simply import the templates and customize them as per my liking and there is no need to write custom HTML or CSS codes as the plugin is already programmed to render elements visually appealing in the frontend. Another advantage of using Elementor is that the plugin takes up almost 60% of the media query and provides options for designers to manually adjust the remaining 40. The containers use Flexbox by default with predefined CSS values which I find extremely helpful and time-saving. I also get to achieve a lot more with third-party extensions such as droit addons, MailChimp, Gsap, and others. Most precisely, the Gsap plugin seamlessly integrated with Elementor to provide advanced animation functionalities to the websites which make them highly interactive and can highly boost user experience as well.

CONS

Even though I find Elementor helpful and advanced in designs, however, it depends on third-party extensions for more extendability and since its core functionalities are somewhat limited, I'm forced to install one or several extensions depending on what I want to achieve and in the end, they turn to affect the site loading speed. So, it would be better if Elementor could properly evaluate the benefits users get from third-party extensions and try to incorporate them in the core plugin, that way, users like myself won't have to increase server workload with third-party extensions especially as some of them might be well coded or optimized.

Reasons for switching to Elementor

Wix serves its purposes however, I personally find it limited in terms of functionality and design capabilities. Visual composer on the other hand can be user-friendly and hard to work with at the same time. User-friendly in the sense that if you're used to working static HTML templates, then it won't be a great deal but for someone who is fully frontend like myself -it's challenging.

Reviewed October 2023

Elementor for Web Design Pros

Elementor has enabled our business to create amazing modern websites for our clients which has helped us get many referrals

PROS

I love Elementor's modern approach to web design. It gives us the freedom to create unique websites comparable to fully developed html/css websites but within a website builder's software.

CONS

Elementor forms does not offer conditional logic. This really holds us back when trying to find an ideal solution for some client projects.

Reason for choosing Elementor

Elementor offers a fully customizable web design experience which is not offered by any other website builder software.

Reasons for switching to Elementor

Wordpress' Gutenburg page builder had too many limitations and after so research it appeared that Elementor was a perfect fit.

Benya

Computer Software, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2023

Elementor is my favorite website builder of all times.

I find a lot of comfort in working with Elementor and it helps to design pages quickly and seamlessly. It's my favorite tool of all time.

PROS

I like this software because:- it's mobile and user-friendly in nature- Is in English and offers great usage documentation to users.- Provides flexible and mobile responsive designs- is time-saving and cost-affordable (even for freelancers). I like this feature particularly because I can export my page settings and reuse them on a different project.- is very extensive and can easily integrate with other WordPress plugins, third-party add-ons, and external cloud-based software. This simplifies and completely revolutionizes my web design experience.

CONS

There is nothing to dislike about Elementor for now as I know the product is getting better day after day.

Reasons for switching to Elementor

drawbacks vary for each of the website builders. I would love to go into more detail in separate reviews.

George Rex

Reviewed February 2021

The WordPress Builder Like No Other

Sincerely, I have never turned my back on Elementor every since I started using it. I have gained web design and development satisfaction by developing better solutions for clients.

PROS

Elementor came and changed the way we now use WordPress to build websites and web apps. I am in love with the fact that Elementor comes feature-packed with lots of free tools that are reusable and inheritable- an element can take a feature of another when properly set. Secondly, Elementor is the best WordPress builder there is even with its free version. I cannot start a WordPress project today without installing elementor as one of my first plugins. Its easy, feature-packed and upgradeable.

CONS

One thing I don't like about Elementor, and I really wish they do something about it, is the theme builder feature. I like the concept of trying to eradicate theme installations by letting users developed theirs, but that feature has hardly worked for me and I run away from its jurisdiction any time I open elementor to work.

Reason for choosing Elementor

Elementor is a great plugin, anytime any day. It is easy to install, use the elements and fonts, not to mention the vast third-party integrations available to extend the plugins functionality.

Reasons for switching to Elementor

I needed something more flexible and without much hassles.

Deborah

Photography, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2023

It's worth the learning curve!

The first week, I was incredibly frustrated because I was expecting a drag-and-drop experience similar to Wix or Squarespace. I did not find Elementor to be very intuitive. HOWEVER. Once I sat down and watched some tutorials and figured out how to navigate the software, I fell in love! I don't think I'll ever use another site builder!

PROS

I have precise control over my website I have the flexibility to code my own content when I need to It manages my content beautifully My load times are MUCH better than on my previous site Managing the theme is quick and easy

CONS

There's a definite learning curve in the beginning, but once I figured out how it works, it was pretty smooth sailing

Reason for choosing Elementor

I spent a lot of time researching options and talking to friends in the web design industry- Elementor consistently was recommended as the best product for my website needs.

Reasons for switching to Elementor

My Wix site was beautiful, but the mobile editor was incredibly frustrating, the site preview rarely accurately showed what my site would look like once published, and my page load times were abysmal.

Lucille

Events Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Lame to in the Game

Elementor change the game for me! My site went from arbitrary and "lame" to fresh and new. It's cut my working time in half - that alone is worth it! Highly recommended getting their pro version.

PROS

This plugin made my workflow SO EASY. From their saveable templates to the global widgets, Elementor creates a seamless experience and easy drag-and-drop builder. Their "pro" features helped eliminate a lot of the other plugins I had activated. Once removing the excess plugins, my site sped up. My workload has lessened. It truly allows you to be creative without having an extensive background in coding.

CONS

The biggest downfall of Elementor is Site Speed. If you're not well informed about how to lazy load your site or optimize for google through the html > css > java load, your site will run a bit slow and rank slow for google search. Also, there are a few glitches in the editor screen when optimizing a responsive layout. Things won't always look right or there is automatic padding on columns that aren't actually there when you load the actual site.

Reason for choosing Elementor

Staying with Gutenberg on a Wordpress site would have been the easiest option, but the user face and actual functionalities were really "chunky" - it felt almost barbaric. Elementor has a very fresh and radiant approach and easy to use.

Reasons for switching to Elementor

After spending so much time trying to code the perfect website, I discovered Elementor. It's a wonderful plugin that eliminated the coding aspect of trying to build your website on wordpress alone.

Justin

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Probably one of the best building platforms available

Overall - it's one of my favorite and a program I try to push on all builds that I make!

PROS

I LOVE how simple It is to manage your content with elementor. I build websites for people of all backgrounds and I often find that the ones using elementor have the most success in being superusers that manage their content themselves.

CONS

I don't really have much negative or areas of improvement that I could offer for the platform. I think possibly working to ensure browser updates are consistent would help, but that's not their issue.

Reason for choosing Elementor

Ease of use for the end users and the ability to quickly roll-back changes if they don't work right.

Reasons for switching to Elementor

Ease of use for endusers

Reviewed April 2021

The Only Tool you will ever need - Almost a perfect solution

It's almost a perfect site building tool and I say almost because of some of the problems which they have not been able to manage very elegantly. Be it the price change or security patches, the team has not handled it the way they should have. That being said, I love the software, such a solid tool that is way ahead of the competition. Can't recommend this enough.

PROS

There are so many good things about this tool, very beginner-friendly, easy to use, amazing dev team bending the product, the best part is the updates that keep coming. They have been continuously improving the software over time. Has a ton of integrations with third-party tools and makes the overall process of creating websites a breeze. This has been the only tool I have been using for the past few years now and it has not let me down. They are usually the first and the market leaders to implement new innovative features. I love the fact that they have recently started page load times seriously. Have been seeing speed optimizations for the plugin lately which is a step in the right direction.

CONS

They keep on revising their pricing plan which seems like a deceptive move to their loyal customers. The plugin has had security vulnerabilities in the past which is not as bad as the way they handled those. They did not offer a free security patch for their old customers and people were forced to renew their license due to the vulnerability. Lastly, their customer support for the product has seen a drastic downward trend which I have seen so many users complaining about almost on daily basis.

Reasons for switching to Elementor

A number of reasons for the switch but the most important was the features that were offered by the plugin which no third-party solutions offered.

Max

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2021

Elementor is the best WordPress page builder we've ever used

Overall our experience with Elementor has been absolutely incredible. We build all our new websites inside of it, and have even rebuilt a few sites in side of it that had outdated or difficult to use page builders / themes. It's been such an improvement that I do lot like having to go back and work on our older websites that do not use it.

PROS

After trying multiple page builders / themes over the years, at the start of 2020 our agency made the switch to Elementor Pro and haven't looked back. After the small learning curve, we are now able to build entire websites from scratch in a 1/4 of the time it would normally take.

CONS

Sometimes there are caching issues it seems between Elementor and possibly WP Rocket / Cloudflare. Although it seems Elementor has taken steps to fix these in recent updates. It also had some issues in the past were the themes default color setting were reset, but that issue has also been fixed.

Reason for choosing Elementor

It's so much easier and quicker to use. It's also much less bloated than these other builders, and offers WAY more features.

Reasons for switching to Elementor

Instead of purchasing a new theme or a license for the same theme over and over again, we purchased 1000 site license for Elementor and now just pay a single yearly fee.

Janey

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2022

Never look back

Overall its the reason I love working in WordPress. I switched from another CMS specifically because of Elementor.

PROS

Ease of use and time saving: Elementor was a game changer for me in terms of productivity. Being able to lay out and style pages with drag and drop in real time saves a huge amount of time. It is really easy to use and its wonderful to have complete control over every aspect of your layout.

CONS

The one thing that I would like to see that would make it even more amazing to use would be the ability to adjust margins and padding on elements by drag and drop. Currently padding and margins need to be manually adjusted by entering a number in px or % and then saving. Its a small thing but would really help the workflow.

Reason for choosing Elementor

Elementor was a lot easier and more fun to use.

Leon

Construction, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2021

Forgot cost, you can't afford not to

I absolutely depend on it. As a stubborn old construction non tech individual, it has saved me time, money and has given me a wider understanding of the web itsself. I can't believe I only had to pay what I did. Thank you Elementor

PROS

This is the best plugin/site builder ever. Just with the free features you get more value for what you pay for the entire program. I am a penny pincher, and I take my sweet time before offering my hard earned money on programs, and I will tell you I wasted more time by not diving in sooner. Time is money folks, and I also completed eliminated my need to bug my kids or tech guys for help on my site. Mr. Construction, who works with his hands can now build websites, forums, and everything in between. Is it worth it? Yes, for the cost of a steak dinner, you get months of your life back

CONS

I can't stand the fact I waited so long! I would say...the only thing they could do better is give away free gold at the end of the rainbow. Simply, and honestly, nothing.

Reason for choosing Elementor

Word press alone is amazing, buy Elementor takes it a step higher. I used wix in the past, but its so frustrating and confusing. Elementor takes the cake . Everytime

Memory

Broadcast Media, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2021

The best site builder plugin on WordPress

I would 100% recommend Elementor for anyone that uses WordPress. You don't have to know how to code to use it (although there is an option for custom CSS if you do want to add that). No matter how much web design experience you have, you'll be able to use this. To offer a real-life example of how great it is, I hired the other web designer on my team with a lot of WordPress experience. We were discussing plans for building a new site and he had initially said he wanted to use a different CMS than WordPress. Once he started using Elementor, which I already had installed on another site, he found it to be so easy that he no longer wanted to veer away from WordPress.

PROS

I started using Elementor years ago at a previous job. At the time, it was just a page builder plugin but as it has grown in popularity, it has evolved into a entire site builder plugin. There are many 3rd-party plugins that can be installed to use with it, and there are a lot of themes that were built with the Elementor and integrate directly with it. The reason for its popularity how easy it makes building pages/websites. As a drag and drop builder, you can see what you are designing as you go (verses adding code, viewing the live page to see the changes, then going back to the code to make more edits to the page). There is a free and a paid (pro) version. The free plugin it pretty fantastic in itself, offering many options to create a great design. I would suggest upgrading to the paid version though - you get even more options with it and its well worth the price. There are so many great features I could discuss but, for sake of time, I'll let you explore those on your own. But one fantastic feature I do want to mention is the section and page templates. They offer some stunning designs and are easy to import on your page. Just edit the images, text, design elements, etc. to fit your needs and you have a professional-looking page created quickly and easily. The templates are the main reason I would recommend upgrading to the pro version. There are a few available with the free plugin but you get a lot more with Elementor Pro.

CONS

There is a learning curve with you first start using Elementor. Although it is the easiest tool for building WordPress pages, there are a lot of options available and it can seem a bit overwhelming at first. But if you stick with it, and figure out the difference between the sections and inner sections, how how the widgets are used with them, you'll soon find it to be a web designer's best friend. One suggestion I have is to make sure you choose a theme that integrates with Elementor. When I first started at my current job, the sites were not built with Elementor-friendly themes. You can still use it with those themes but it doesn't work as well.