All Weebly Reviews

1-25 of 1,638 Reviews

Education Management, 51 - 200 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed May 2021

Simple interface, great for teachers

Amanda Josalene

Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Great for the price; Use for my online shop

I used Weebly for my online apparel business, and had switched to Weebly from Etsy. The experience has been great and I am still on Weebly’s monthly plan.

PROS

Weebly has been great for setting up an online shop in combination with my Square payments account and my website domain I purchased for cheap outside of Weebly. Weebly has a great monthly price plan that doesn’t break the bank for me and it comes with everything I need including domain transfer, easy online shopping set-up, store personalization, etc. I was able to easily hook-up my Weebly shop with Square which has low processing fees and instant deposits & transfers. I definitely suggest using Weebly with Square as they both compliment each other and both offer features that go hand-in-hand and make purchasing, shipping, bookkeeping, invoicing, etc. go by smoothly.

CONS

I didn’t have any cons. It did take me a little while to understand how to link my domain but that was due to my own fault.

Reason for choosing Weebly

Weebly was able to connect directly with Square payments which was a massive pro for me as I am a loyal customer with Square.

Christopher W.

Entertainment, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2020

Easy and Powerful

I have a snazzy looking front for my comedy troupe, and a hidden page to send to potential clients with a demo reel. It’s easy to maintain and update, and I can even run merchandise through it. What more can you ask for?

PROS

I loved how easy it was to build and flesh out a fully-featured website in a few minutes. Because there are multiple templates to start from, each of which can be further customized, and their WYSIWYG engine is so simple, adding or tweaking pages to cover more of our content is super easy too. Their customer service hotline is top-notch, if you’re a paid customer. And the prices aren’t too bad.

CONS

If a design template is no longer supported or licensed by Weebly, websites that use it get to keep it. However, Weebly stops being able to work with said template past a certain point so certain edits become frustrating or overly complicated. It’s easy to switch templates and rebuild, which is what I ended up doing, but it was still needed.

Reason for choosing Weebly

The drag and drop functionality is much easier to learn and more flexible, plus having built-in storefront features are an excellent value.

Rich

Graphic Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2019

There are better options out there.

Support takes a VERY long time to reply to tickets and/or messages. Sometimes up to a week. Replies are usually canned messages or written as if the CSR doesn't really care about helping you or not. Customization to our site theme from one of their on-site-listed 3rd party customizers made our checkout page un-usable after Weebly did some updates. I had to contact Weebly support twice (over more than a week's time) before they told me they couldn't help us due to our custom theme (which I don't think carries over into the check out pages). The customizer ended up fixing it for us. The only reason we haven't gone to another e-commerce hosting company is we don't have the time to invest in setting up all of our products again in another platform. When we do have time, we'll be moving on to a better platform.

PROS

No much. It seemed to be what we needed after ditching a prior hosting company/shopping cart. The price was in-line or maybe a bit lower than some competitors.

CONS

After importing our item list we began to see how cumbersome using the back-end is. There's a huge learning curve. To this day, years after signing up, it's still difficult to navigate around. Lots of standard features are lacking, and they don't seem to be in a hurry to implement anything that their client base requests.

Reason for choosing Weebly

The cost and what seemed to be prompt customer support.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

The customization that they did for our site for us would break the site every time they updated their core applications - and wanted to charge us hundreds of dollars to fix our site every time they did - even though I had in writing that their updates wouldn't break our site, and if they did they would take care of them at no charge.

Justin

Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed February 2024

Simple to use and reliable

PROS

Weebly is an easy to use website builder that is transparent and user friendly for those without much or any design background.

CONS

I don't have anything negative about to say with my Weebly experience.

Resha

Consumer Goods, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2023

Well known platform

PROS

I like having the ability to integrate other tools that I needed

CONS

Definitely have to take your time with it and understand how to navigate system

Anant

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Weebly - Easiest Way to Get Online

All the websites that formed the backbone of my business are currently hosted on Weebly since the past 10 years. It is a great platform that is not only irreplaceable but also outright the only choice I would ever make.

PROS

The WYSIWYG Editor that Weebly pioneered Simple and Elegant Interface Multiple Domains with Stats Free Hosting Option with Unlimited Bandwidth Custom Domains and SSL Amazing Customer Support Cross Platform Support

CONS

Slower to Edit Website No Root Access to Files Lack of Template Choice Limited access to Design

Reason for choosing Weebly

Weebly had the right combination of features.

Bessy

Graphic Design, 2-10 employees

Weebly Is Too Much for Beginners

As a designer, I spent A LOT of time figuring out the reseller portal. For my client, we were limited as to where we could place images and content. It was very frustrating. We could add HTML, but who wants to do that if the whole purpose of drag and drop is to be able to have a beginner do it quickly and painlessly. Customer service was NOT helpful either.

PROS

Weebly had some nice backgrounds. Some of the templates we good as well. There was really nothing else.

CONS

It's so complicated and so limiting! I did a couple of Websites for a client because it was monthly payment and it was REALLY low cost, but we paid for it in lost time.

Reason for choosing Weebly

It was less expensive, which is what the client wanted, but we ended up going to Wix once my client realized the advantages of Wixc and that the price really was worth the software.

Xavier

Music, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2019

An almost top dog website builder

I would say that my overall experience with Weebly has been satisfactory but a little underwhelming. When I compare with other website builders like: Squarspace, etc. They seem to look more modern and more stylish. I do not know if I am staying with them or moving on in the near future.

PROS

I was able to create my website the way I wanted it. I had been fighting to create a website until I finally did it and decided to go with Weebly because my wife has her website with them and it looked pretty cool. I chose a template and replaced everything with my pics and videos and voila I had my website.

CONS

I feel like the website can be clunky and sometimes non responsive. Sometimes while dragging and dropping the different options for photos and videos the preview would not be an accurate depiction of what it actually looked like in the website. It would freeze sometimes and you would need to get out and come back in and pray that the changes you made were saved, sometimes it was and sometimes it was not.

Reason for choosing Weebly

Because my wife already had a website with them.

Jared

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Webmasters beware

I've built multiple websites for clients as well as my own and I've never been disappointed that the quality reaches the maximum for each goal the client wants to achieve.

PROS

The website offers dummy proof controls to build a website that helps a client launch and stay in budget for where they want to go with their business.

CONS

There's a lot of limitations in branding, and scalability with product integrations.

Reason for choosing Weebly

The content management and design is within scale and reason less time consuming.

Tshepo

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Build a turnkey store within minutes

It makes web development easy since i can drag and drop to design my website, find a domain and even setup a payment gate in one place.

PROS

Its easy for me to build a ready to go online store within minutes thanks to ready made templates.

CONS

I'm sometimes forced to include other payments gates since the native one is not supported worldwide.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

Weebly's pricing plan is better than the rest

Lily

Education Management, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2023

Very easy software to use- Great for bloggers and students

Weebly is a great piece of software that provides a useful service to people who do not want to pay for website builders.

PROS

Weebly is free and easy to use. There is the option to pay to customise your own domain if you do not wish to have the weebly name in the domain, however the free version of the software doesn't excessively limit users. Themes are so customisable and pretty. 24/7 customer support.

CONS

I wish the website could be slightly more reliable, status can be down a lot. Sometimes the website can be incompatible with certain browsers.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

Looking for a better free alternative, but not paid subscription

Reviewed September 2022

Drag and Drop Website Building For Beginners

Honestly, Weebly is an easy platform to use. You can quickly build a website for free or you can choose to go with a paid plan. I've used the free version and the paid version without any hiccups. For anyone just starting out online, their platform is a dream.

PROS

Weebly comes with website templates that are ready to go right out the box. For anyone looking to build a website without the fuss of watching a million tutorials or YouTube "how to" vids, this is a winner.

CONS

While Weebly makes website building is easy, there is little that can be done beyond the templates they provide. This is why I left Weebly and switched over to WordPress for all of my websites.

Reason for choosing Weebly

I left Wix and started building on Weebly because I preferred the templates on Weebly.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

I preferred the website templates that Weebly had to offer over the templates that came with Wix.

Alyssa

Entertainment, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed October 2020

Do It Yourself Website

Overall, I love Weebly. I have been using it to host my website for quite a few years now and it is so easy. I tweak it all the time and I've very rarely had any issues. And their customer service has always been very helpful. I highly recommend this program.

PROS

Weebly has been one of the easiest programs to use for creating and maintaining my personal actor website. I have multiple pages, photos, people can contact me directly through my site. It is all very clean and organized and there are so many options to choose from for presentation of your site. It is easy to log on and do as small or large of an update as needed, and your new edits are published in minutes. There's no middle man to have to get anything approved, you can just come and go as you please. I only use the basic free version of Weebly and it has almost all the features I need.

CONS

I feel like sometimes the program is a bit limiting when you choose a certain type of formatting. For example, on my cover page, I have the title, then a photo on the left and a box for my "welcome" on the right. I never seem to get the exact formatting or change the font/size to what I need in that box. But honestly, if this is my biggest complaint, that is fine by me. There really isn't much else to complain about. Maybe if I upgraded to the paid version, that is more of an option/there's more flexibility. I don't know for sure though.

Reason for choosing Weebly

Overall Weebly just seemed more user friendly at the time. I did a little trial of Squarespace and it was fine, but I preferred the format of Weebly. And Wix I've had so many friends use it but they always seem to have an issue with it one way or another.

Katie

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2019

Good eCommerce for small business

Weebly has made my online presence so much easier to maintain. Rather than having 3 or 4 different "locations" that I had to update with a listing or a sale, now I'm down to Etsy and Weebly. It's a huge impact in time management - I can focus on other things now.

PROS

It was and is so easy to sync with my Square account and make a really beautiful, simple website. The integration with Square's inventory means that I don't have to spend hours copying and relisting items I've already entered, and I don't have to worry about updating my website if I sell out of something at a craft show - the inventory tracking and integration with Square handles that for me.

CONS

There are some functions that could be more user-friendly or personalizable - for example, adding badges or other HTML to the site. I have several badges from various organizations that I like to keep listed as they're my credentials, but the website doesn't display them well.

Reason for choosing Weebly

BigCommerce was not very user friendly, and I'd had experience with Wix's free sites in the past - so I knew they weren't what I was looking for.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

Shopify was another platform I had to maintain, and I had to add a million "apps" to get it how I wanted it. It didn't integrate with Square, so trying to sync all of my accounts was out of the question. I had to list a new product in multiple places, which I no longer have to do. Weebly is slightly less expensive, but gives me back a lot of time.

Jaden Rose

E-Learning, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2022

Easy to Use Drag and Drop Website Builder

I love Weebly and currently use it for my website.

PROS

I love Weebly. I started off using Weebly, and then came back to using Weebly after trying two other website builders. What I like about Weebly is its simple interface. It's very user and beginner friendly. It's drag and drop website builder is intuitive for anyone. Now that Weebly has partnered with Square it has a lot more all-in-one functionally. You can have a blog, email marketing, Facebook posts, point of sale, appointments, eCommerce, and more.

CONS

Orginally the drag and drop editor was a little slow, but since they have partnered with Square it's been fast.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

Beautiful interface, with lots of white space.

Jason

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Great alternative for Homeowner Associations

My homeowner association was in desperate need to get with the times! Trying to snail mail and go door to door is simply not practical in this modern age. Professional web development services were too costly. In looking at the numerous website builders, I decided to try Weebly since it offers a completely free option. All of our community documents, meeting information, etc. are now online. We've also been able to integrate an online process for residents to pay assessments online as well as direct realtors and title companies to an estoppel form. Our neighborhood website has now become the gold standard that other neighborhoods within my community are trying to duplicate. Overall Weebly has been a godsend!

PROS

Weebly is a very compelling service to publish professional looking content in an easy to use interface. I have found that the free option provides more than enough flexibility to meet my needs.

CONS

I would like to see some of the additional features be available as an a la carte offering rather than flat subscription fees.

Reason for choosing Weebly

Other postive product reviews and no cost or risk.

Susanne

Hospital & Health Care, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed December 2019

Even a novus can make this web building platform look professionally done

My business needs are being met with my site through Weebly. I have my provider resources built so my doctors and clinicians can go click on my forms or links and get what they need immediately. I used to do this all by hand. Having it set up on the website is a huge time saver for me and keeps everything available at the time of business for my providers and they don't have to come back to a task to complete it later if I am not available. My distribution lists are growing readily from the pop-ups to join my newsletters etc. I absolutely love Weebly's business platform, website building tools, and fee schedules. Give it a try. One more great thing about Weebly if you are just starting up they have a free website building tool and if I remember correctly 13 years ago anyways they offered free hosting with their logo inserted on the bottom of the web pages. If it;'s not free I can guarantee they are low fees to get up and running. Good luck choosing the right supports for your business and personal website management.

PROS

I really like the transparency of Weebly. It is so easy to find what you need and the program is very intelligent in how it helps assign the correct choice of an App that you want to use within the website. When you collect information from the email links they actually arrive at the outside destinations for your distribution lists and for responding to your client's requests. If you can point and click and follow pictures along the way you have this one down already! I really like the customer service I have received from Weebly people. They have all been very friendly, efficient and provided me with working solutions in responding only after 1 request submitted. They are educated on their product and this saves me time. I appreciate correct information and easy to apply solutions as I am a sole proprietor managing all of my own systems. I always get this from Weebly staff. I won't use anything else. The fees they charge are very competitive and they network so well with so many outside companies that managing your business requires. I say a big thumbs up for Weebly's technical gusto and friendly customer service.

CONS

You know I really have no complaints about Weebly. I am a somewhat savvy website builder and manager who does not perform coding so there may be more complex tasks that I am not aware that I would want. I can say my business has not suffered any loss from unknown or unused resources by building and hosting my website through Weebly.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees