Browse Google Alerts Reviews

Tanice from University of Technology

Most Convenient software I've ever used

Pros

The software is very effective and efficient in assisting me to get my task done in a timely manner. It helps me to be better at time management and prioritizing my daily tasks. The software is easy to use and very user friendly.

Cons

Based on my experience using this software in comparison to other software, I have no issue whatsoever.

Mohammed from IFEN

we are able to conduct our online research & probes in half the time, for twice the results

For a free product, Google Alerts is an extremely powerful service that has allowed us to boost our productivity significantly. Our Grants team used to miss out on more than a few publications of funding opportunities and grant competitions, but that has not been the case since we started using Google Alerts to fish out keywords related to our grants of interest. It has really helped us.

Pros

Google alerts is the simplest business tool to set up, and it comes free of any charges. And one of the features I love most about the service is that the flexibility it gives me in setting up the frequency of alerts and notifications. For less urgent subjects, I am able to avoid the inconvenience or distraction real-time alerts would cause; and for the much more pressing ones, I am able to stay on in sync with developments as they happen.

Cons

Given the increased relevance of social media, I think it would be a great addition if Google Alerts were expanded to cover content from major social media platforms as well, since a great majority of interactions happen there.

Reasons for Switching to Google Alerts

Ultimately, it come down to the cost comparison of each of the services.

Dreama from Massage Therapy by Dreama SU

No matter how many settings I make, I still don't get notices

Pros

Adding addresses is easy, and adding attendees to your notices is easy

Cons

the alerts are sporadic at times. If I have nothing scheduled, I won't receive notices until I check the google calendar. frustrating

Laila from Myself

be aware in real time with alerts!

Despite the fact that Google Alerts is a free service, it has enabled me to greatly increase my overall productivity. I have repeatedly lost out on funding opportunities and grant competitions that could have aided me in the past. Since I began using Google Alerts, I haven't missed a single grant opportunity or competition, and it has been a big benefit. It has been a tremendous benefit to me.

Pros

It's the simplest, quickest, and most cost-effective method to get your business online, and it's completely free. And one of the features I enjoy the most about the service is its adaptability in terms of how frequently I receive notifications and communications. When working with less urgent topics, I can avoid the inconvenience or distraction caused by real-time alerts while yet staying informed of developments as they occur. Rather than being inconvenienced or distracted by real-time alerts, I am free to concentrate on more critical activities.

Cons

Google Alerts should include content from key social media platforms, as this is where the vast majority of interactions occur, owing to social media's expanding relevance.

Alejandro from Baco

Industry: Wine and Spirits

Essential

Excellent. Alerts and notifications is something that we should use to use everyday in every company.

Pros

This is one of those products that you should use in your company. SUPER essential.

Cons

Nothing, i really think it's all ok with it

In my company we moved from Microsoft products to Google's

Christopher from Aedes acris

Google Alerts Review

My overall experience in this app is good and accurate with my schedule

Pros

The pros of this software are lots of them but is ease to use also it have a lot of options to get notified and alert to get attention of it

Cons

This specific software has a little bit of cons because sometimes has a slow charging or make the alert lately for the cause of the internet

Reasons for Switching to Google Alerts

I have this in my phone for more options in my phone software

Raj from Madhav Alloys Private Limited

Industry: Mining & Metals

Never Miss An Update About The Things You Care About

It is a valuable notification service for generating alerts on changes in content or targeted keywords. You can track what is important to you on a real-time basis. You can track important stuff as they happen. After implementing critical alerts, you are bound to comment something like this, “What an Idea!”

Pros

1. Whenever there is a change in chosen keywords or related content, you will get alerts as notifications. 2. The moment there are new results, you will get email notifications. 3. You can customize the frequency of notifications and choose all results or the best ones. 4. You can keep the search terms as wide or narrow as you want. The more niche and specific the keyword is, the better the alerts will be. So it is better to narrow down your keywords. 5. You can choose sources for your alerts: news, blog, webpages, and more. 6. It is a free service from Google and prevents lots of manual searches, saving you time and money. 7. You will never miss critical updates. 8. You can also redirect your email alerts to RSS, especially when the number of notifications is large. By the way, you can create up to 1000 alerts. 9. It can become an effective intelligence tool for your business. 10. It is pretty easy to set up.

Cons

1. It may be overwhelming if you are careless about the number of alerts and notifications. 2. It would be better if it included tracking of content inside leading social media platforms. 3. Some notifications may not be directly related to your keywords and may not be relevant at all.

Denise Nicole from Philippine Normal University

Turn on your Google Alerts now!!

Turning your google alert is life-changing because it automatically send you email about the updates of the keywords you use and search online. So, all related content will pop-up and it is so convenient because you do not have to think for a keyword to search for more information . Google alerts will do it for you for free!

Pros

What I like about this is that it keeps me updated about the topics I follow and search. I can keep track with the local content and news. It sends me notifications about the activities I do online.

Cons

I do not have any complain about this software because it is so useful especially I am so busy with my school works but google alert keeps me updated about my online activities and notifies me about the trends, news, and blogs that I read and follow.

Heiko from RIB datapine GmbH

Great Tool To Monitor Important Keywords

Google Alerts helped me a lot to monitor important keywords / topic areas effectively. I am quite satisfied with it and use it since many years.

Pros

I use Google Alerts to monitor on the one hand any kind of brand related queries and on the other hand to monitor our most important keywords. Like this you are always up-to-date if your brand was mentioned somewhere or if there is new interesting content about your most important keywords / topic areas.

Cons

Sometimes you get quite a lot of spam or useless alerts. However, I have the impressions that they improved the algorithm, as this happens in the last months not that often any more.

Elizabeth from Cleveland clinic

Alerts at your fingertips

After setting up Google alerts for several things I am interested in, I find that it frees up space in my multitasking brain to think about other things. I don’t have to keep going back to check on the Internet for new at home Covid test, or even updates on true crime cases I am interested in. Google alerts handles all of the updates I need.

Pros

I love that I was able to set up several alerts for different topics that I am interested in being notified on. Google alerts does a great job of notifying me when the information I am interested in becomes available or updated.

Cons

There have been a few cases where my Google alert that I received it doesn’t really pertain to the information that I was creating the alert for. However most of the time the alerts are spot on.

Yesenia from Write & Day

Industry: Writing and Editing

Stay in the know!

Pros

Been using this for years! Best way to keep in the know with competitors and the market!

Cons

I get daily emails that I sometimes don't look at. It gets tedious.

December 2021

December 2021

Very helpful tool

Pros

Amazing tool for getting notifications when you're in the news.

Cons

Nothing—it's simple and not very sophisticated, but very helpful.

Simple but all you need

I use it to get notifications about mentions about my business and brands related to my business. This gives me feedback and lets me know what should I improve. Sometimes I use it for competition brand searches.

Pros

I think the simplicity of the product is its best feature. You just type in the searches you want to be notified of, and you will get them to your e-mail.

Cons

I think it works good in its current form and does not need any upgrades. Maybe there could be some integrations with other software implemented to automate things, but personally I don't need anything like that.

Staying Informed

When states were beginning to change the sales tax laws for how businesses needed to charge customers, I setup Google Alerts to keep me informed on the latest articles related to the laws being changed. This let me keep informed on which states were implementing changes and how I needed to adjust my business billing processes to ensure I was compliant.

Pros

Being able to setup Alerts for various keywords allows me to easily stay informed on topics relevant to my business. I am able to keep receiving new information instead of having to research information continuously. The ability to set notification preferences with different timeframes and aggregation levels makes the Alerts relevant for me based on topic. Some alerts I like to receive weekly. Other alerts I have setup to send me the information continously.

Cons

At times I receive false positive results from my Alerts. However, this is usually resolved by ensuring keywords are more specific. Using quotes around keywords can help improve the results as well. Sometimes I need to refine an alert to make sure it stays relevant and provides me the accurate results. Editing an alert is simple though, so it does not cause any issue.

Allan from World Bank Group

Industry: International Affairs

I never have to miss an update anymore

Because I can get very caught up in work, I usually don’t have so much time on my hands to browse through endless web pages to fish out all the interesting updates on the topics I have interest in. With google alerts, I am able to keep up without the needing to sacrifice any of my work time.

Pros

It’s free to use and allows a lot of flexibility in setting up the frequency of notifications. Therefore I am able to minimize distractions as much as possible, even while tracking high interest subjects or developments.

Cons

Getting the search sources cover major social media websites will make it a complete solution.

Reasons for Switching to Google Alerts

It isn’t as distracting and addictive.

Rajesh from Rajesh art

Free alerts for your intrest

Pros

google alert is a good option to get alerts through e -mail or push notifications various are the benefits of it like 1)available free 2)time saving as you can customize alerts for you and get updated in a particular interval of time . 3)it is helpful for people having less time to surf internet to search their topics of intrest . 4) you can set alert for job, games, sports and everything you wish in this way it helps you as an assistant who will show you only what you desire to see.

Cons

cons of google alerts . 1)limitation as it will mostly show the results which are listed in google for example if in my locality a school is having vacancy for a teacher and they have not listed it on google then the alert will not show me the advertisement for the vacancy . 2) most of the time it just work on the idea of key term search it means if you wish to participate in world record event and made an alert for it it will keep giving you mail having key word world record whether their is event or and old news . 3) some more filters can be added.

Mohammad Iqbal from MIKS

keeps you updated

My overall experience with Google Alerts have always benefited for free. By using this, I can keep myself updated about any word / term in parallel with the google.

Pros

It is free, easy to use and very productive specially for being updated about any word / term. You may receive alert as soon as it is learnt by the google itself. It also benefits for gathering latest information about any word / term.

Cons

Nothing I found to like least or dislike because it has benefited me a lot at no cost in efficient and productive way. However, some filters can be added.

Abid from Bank Alfalah Limited

Best Solution For Alerts & Notifications

My overall experience with google alerts is very satisfied and i am enjoying this free of cost service with amazing features for last many years.

Pros

Google Alerts is a great cloud based tool to stay up-to-date on internet. It will track your interest and keep you well informed about the things you like on internet. Your appointments now will not be forgotten as you receive notification alerts before time. It also work as a excellent marketing tool and keep you up-to-date with latest trends. Google Alerts is helping both individuals and businesses in strengthening there overall working and operations on the Internet.

Cons

I have not found any cons in this excellent service which google is providing without any charges so i am completely satisfied with google alerts.

A Great Way to Keep Track of Industry Trends

Overall I have had a great experience with Alerts and I love that it comes free of charge. It really helps me to stay current with industry news and gives me ideas about what I can implement within my organization.

Pros

I find it impressive that this product is made available for free. It's also very user-friendly, it took me all of two seconds to create alerts that help me keep track of trends in my industry. I also like how you can customize the frequency of these alerts so as to not flood your inbox.

Cons

I'm very fond of using Alerts but I do wish there were more options in terms of the source. Most of the alerts are coming from web news but they are not being pulled from social media sources like Reddit which I find can also be a good information source.

Pascale from Pascale Escary

Great software to stay up to date on essential news

Of course results are limited to what is listed in Google but many news I'm interested in are listed in Google.

Pros

I use Google Alerts for a long time, I'm a plastician arts teacher, it's a great tool to stay current in my job about important news for me in arts actualities and history of arts, I just have to set up artist names, museums, galleries, organisations or any keyword to stay alerted and up to date, no need to suscribe to many newsletters, I'm currently informed that is just great.

Cons

Google Alerts is very easy and rapid to use. You can choice your setting alerts ( dayly, weekly , source, language, region etc) and you receive it by mail it's a very useful assistant sofware for every research. And it's free to use.

Xorla from DRIAN Ghana

know the most in the least time

Personally, I have loved it tremendously. I no longer digress so much while consuming news and event updates of interest. It therefore allows me to save precious time by doing all the filtering and searches for me.

Pros

Tied to google, it sources its output from the largest domain possible. I hardly miss out on any development related on my subject or event of interest. Also, setting up alerts is quite easy and simple.

Cons

Getting the optimal keywords composition can be quite tricky. Too broad and you get overwhelmed by notifications from several false or unrelated updates; too narrow and you might end up missing out on several important update sources.

Reasons for Switching to Google Alerts

Seemed more professional and cast a wider net to fish for relevant information.

Treasure

Very helpful tools to track changes and update in the related insdustry news, or manage and monitor compatitors realted topics and poromtion ,very helpful tools

Pros

very professional and support tools to run both your personnal and business issues. With google alert you are able to track update the topics you are intrest . Usually i Set the topics i'm intrested in to track at once, And the best thing is ability to track your compatitors campaign or publications , Also keep my update of any articles , news , publication for my indestry. Very usful tool

Cons

The only issue with google alert is sometimes to don't recieve alerts , despite the fact that there is changes in content or update from the business community.

Laura from UIG

Google Alerts is my go-to for checking my competition

Google Alerts is a great tool to find hidden business. No one would have the time to check all the sites and all the news releases, Google Alerts does it for you.

Pros

Google Alerts is almost a "set it and forget it" software. Once you put in your search terms you are alerted with links to articles and sites where that term is used. It is how we first found out one of out major competitors were filing for bankruptcy! We have a pretty niche market, so it helps us find out when there is something or someone new in the industry as well as help find new projects.

Cons

There are a lot of spam and churn sites that come through in the alerts, but you can find those pretty easily by looking at the URLs.

Abdul Wahab from Softronic Systems

Google Alerts keeps updated directly in my inbox

It helped me a lot to be updated about the news of important words in timely and effective manner. Earlier, we were manually searching those words for relevant news and updates.

Pros

It helps to be updated straight in my inbox for any specific word if and when it appears anywhere on internet and learnt by google crawler. It allows to filter the alerts by source, language, region and even quality. I can choose the frequency of alerts. Above all, it is free.

Cons

The only thing, I noticed to be improved in google alerts is that it checks on any one word basis in case of multiple words like "DRAP Pakistan" but this shall be optional to either check for whole or each word.

Andrew from Amazon

Google Alerts Review

My experience with Google Alerts has been fantastic. Shifting through email alerts is definitely preferable to subscribing to dozens of newsletters or scrolling the web for relevant news on dozens of topics. Alerts makes it easy to stay up to date and share important developments and is super easy to implement across teams. A must-have service without a doubt.

Pros

As someone who works in a super-fast paced industry with new updates, news, and innovations happening every day, Google Alerts has made managing and staying on top of important news incredibly simple. With Alerts, my team is able to share updates and news delivered directly to our inboxes while keeping our finger on the pulse of exciting developments within our industry.

Cons

Sometimes, Google Alerts can be a little overwhelming depending on the user's settings and, at times, hundreds of alerts can be sent which makes email management a bit difficult at times. In rare instances, alerts are sometimes sent that do not pertain to the subject subscribed to, which can sometimes be annoying.

Easy, Free Catch-All Alerts

As a member of the PR team, it's critical we stay up-to-date on certain topics that are trending in the news, as well as company mentions. Google Alerts saves us a ton of manual searching by sending an email as soon as a given search term is published. It's an absolute life saver for our industry.

Pros

Google Alerts allow us to track news coverage and any mentions of both the company or specific topics that are trending. It allows you to customize with Boolean search terms for hyper specific, accurate results at any cadence you want.

Cons

For more generic searches, the alerts typically return a huge amount of results - however, this is is pretty easily worked around by using Boolean searches.

Great tool to stay alerted

It does what it says - gives you links of mentions of a keyword directly to your inbox, and nothing more.

Pros

It takes almost no time to set up, you can change and customize the alert frequencies, and it is simply a great tool to compile all the data you want into a single email waiting for you to open at your convenience. I love that it is free and quick. You can get alerted of how and when people are mentioning your company/organization around the web, you can track the details and news about rival organizations or ones that you're interested in.

Cons

While it does a good job with web articles, since a lot of the mentions and conversations happen on social media, it would be great if Alerts could help up track topics over on such platforms as well. There is also no analytics or reports of how often the keywords are mentioned. There is also no filter options for keywords, like - full-phrases mention or single keyword mention etc...

Kyle from Golf Leadership Academy

We start our day reviewing Google Alerts

Overall experience has been exceptional as we are daily users of Google Alerts. It makes us more informed and productive as a team.

Pros

Google Alerts have been very helpful in our business keeping us informed of industry news and trends. We start our day by reading a daily digest of keywords that our clients are searching as well as keywords we need to stay abreast of the breaking news and make informed business decisions.

Cons

The alerts can become redundant and repetitive for larger keyword terms and subject matters. It's typical on a busy news day for the alerts to flood your email box unless you have them managed.

Barbara from Self-Employed

Perpetual Research with Set-and-Forget Googling

Instead of searching, I can use my time curating relevant information that I can share with my clients and audiences in a timely manner.

Pros

What I love most about Google Alerts is that it saves me time and frustration. Instead of trolling through news outlets every day, I tell Google what I need and it arrives in my email box several times a day. I also have other less urgent alerts delivered via RSS that I can access when needed

Cons

It's funny that THE search engine masters of the universe sometimes deliver alerts that are laughably irrelevant to the keywords that were requested.

Carter from Matter Communications

Track Keywords and Topics with Ease

Using Google Alerts is easy and relieves the burden of having to manually search for internet mentions that are relevant to you.

Pros

I use this for my job at a marketing and PR agency. We need to track mentions for our clients and keywords that they are interested in. It's easy to set up notifications with Google Alerts. Simply add the alert to your account and any mentions indexed by Google are sent directly to your inbox. It's very easy to use and can be very effective when needing to track internet activity.

Cons

The ease and simplicity of this product is also what makes it easier to critique. There are many things that could improve the usefulness of this product, such as being able to view dashboards that track frequency by date, or sites that frequently talk about certain subjects. It is also better to be very specific, otherwise you run the risk of overwhelming your inbox with mentions that have little or nothing to do with what you are really trying to track.

Julie from Crooked Tree Coffee House

Google alerts for the on-the-go entrepreneur

I was missing appointments, forgetting to make orders (coffee on Wednesday by 2:00, etc.), and sometimes losing sales because of my lack of organization. When I set an Alert, it keeps me focused on the many tasks I need to do that can just slip through the cracks otherwise. I'm a much better business person and manager now, and I can enjoy my shop so much more when I'm not constantly worrying!

Pros

It is very simple to set up Google alerts; it literally takes seconds to set an alert that can really save my life!

Cons

I have no complaints. Staying on top of things is something I've struggled with, but with the alerts, I just don't worry half as much.

Fousseynou from Fousseynou marega

un logiciel très complet et agréable

Je l'utilise pour rester informé. Je prédéfinis tous les mots sur lesquels j'aimerais obtenir des informations.

Pros

google alert est une bonne option pour être alertes par e-mail ou des notifications. divers sont les avantages de celui-ci comme 1) c'est gratuitement. 2) vous pouvez personnaliser les alertes pour vous et être mis à jour dans un intervalle de temps particulier. 3) Il est utile pour les personnes ayant moins de temps pour surfer sur Internet pour rechercher leurs sujets d'intérêt. 4) vous pouvez définir une alerte pour travailler, sur tout ce que vous souhaitez.

Cons

Si je n'ai rien de prévu, je ne recevrai pas d'avis tant que je n'aurai pas consulté le calendrier google. c'est vraiment frustrant

Maria from RMS Mobile Consulting & Wifi Management LLC

How I Use Google Alerts For My Business

The problem that is solved by using Google Alerts is not having to hire a content writer. I can have alerts sent to me to find the content I am needing without having to search.

Pros

The feature that is most impactful is having alerts sent to you daily, that allows my business to create syndicated content for Social Media. Google Alerts is very easy to use. This allows my business to have easier processes when alerts are sent surrounding a particular subject I am interested in reading.

Cons

Google Alerts sends a lot of alerts so it can fill your email up.

Google Alerts will remind you of anything.

Overall everyone should use google alerts if they have a google device. If you have an iphone then find out if it works for you as well or maybe there is another iphone product that fits better.

Pros

Google alerts has many options for how many times you would like to be reminded and exactly when you would like to be reminded. It helps me keep track of important deadlines and events.

Cons

Syncing to your calendar can be confusing at first but once you get the hang of that you will be good to go. There are not many things i dislike about the alerts.

Amy from Amy Madigan LLC

Perfect for Tracking Press

Very good. I use to track my clients when they are mentioned in the press. A simple email with the roundup of the latest mentions is easy to track.

Pros

Easy to use. You can choose how often you get your alerts (as it happens, daily, weekly, etc). Very simple to use and update your preferences. It's helpful to be able to have different preferences (i.e. receiving the alert) for different alerts.

Cons

Nothing. It makes tracking press hits for clients much easier than having to do a google search every single day.

Cathy from PPP

Industry: Mental Health Care

A MUST-use for me

Though I'm sure this isn't what the alert is meant for, it would be nice to be able to filter through when there are thousands of search results on the topic, or alert, of your choice. Overall, I'd recommend this for businesses that want to track data or changes surrounding your area of expertise. If you're more focused on alerts on a specific person, I'd recommend this but only because it's integrated into Google and it still does the (general) job for what I need.

Pros

I loved how I would get notifications via email whenever anything is posted about whatever alert I have it set on. For instance, my name is set as an alert which I've received regarding myself but also for others with the same name. I always like to know if something is posted about me, I can report it as soon as it happens. It's helpful when you want to know if anything gets posted about you. For business purposes, this would definitely be helpful to track down what people are saying online (not just reviews) about your business.

Cons

You can't really customize the alert much. It only goes off text which isn't bad per say but it would be nice to have a functionality to customize the alert (i.e. adding the alert when a location AND "topic" is mentioned or the "topic" or stuff like this).

Saleha from Chicago Public Schools

Google Alerts Review

Pros

Google Alerts, which is free to use, are send when people are talking about your company or a specific colleague or a particular keyword you want to follow. It is really user-friendly for most of the basic parts. It does not take more than a few mins to set up the alerts system to keep track trends of a company.

Cons

The least feature of this software would be data, which is not always complete specially with press mentions are missed most often.

Tanishq from MobStac

Great tool to add in yoir research arsenal

I'm uaing Google Alerts primarily for doijg research before writing a new article for our blog or to understand the various contexts and trends around a certain topic

Pros

Google Alerts makes it really convenient to look at what the top publications are saying about a certain topic and unlocks a lot of opportunities for our outreach. It also provudes with some great insights that I'd have probably missed during my research.

Cons

I did not find any cons while using Google Alerts

Marco from DHS

Industry: Law Enforcement

Google Alerts

Pros

I've been using google alerts for quite some time now. These alerts allows me to stay up to date with what is in the media for my agency across the nation. The process is easy, set the alert and enjoy the emails that come directly to your email.

Cons

The only Con is that you must be specific about what context you want to receive information on otherwise you will get information about things you didn't really want.

Ottima soluzione per essere avvisati per primi su qualsiasi argomento

Uso Google Alert da molto tempo ormai, e posso dire che mi ha aiutato molte volte ad essere al passo con le ultime notizie e con il settore del business della mia azienda. Si è rivelato molto efficace anche per creare avvisi di monitoraggio dei concorrenti aziendali, aiutandoci a stare un passo avanti a loro. Abbiamo ricevuto avvisi su cosa stavano facendo i nostri concorrenti e abbiamo intrapreso delle strategie per contrastare la loro strategia commerciale. Migliaia di informazioni, monitoraggio di marchi e concorrenti, a nuove tendenze e notizie, Google Alert ci copre le spalle e ci affianca nello sviluppo del nostro business.

Pros

è possibile creare fino a 1000 alert, e il tutto gratis! Lo uso per monitorare la posizione dell'azienda per cui lavoro. Ho impostato anche degli alert per monitorare i nostri concorrenti aziendali e ascoltare ciò che gli altri utenti stanno discutendo riguardo ai nostri marchi.

Cons

Google Alert non fornisce la possibilità di generare alcun report di analisi, e non è l'ideale per monitorare i risultati dei social media.

Sara from Sara Daniele

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Avvisi gratis per gli argomenti che ti interessano

Personalmente, la mia esperienza è molto positiva, nonostante qualche difettuccio da correggere. Mi permette di non perdere tempo prezioso, poiché leggo notizie e aggiornamenti solo di argomenti di mio interesse.

Pros

Google Alert è una buona soluzione per ricevere avvisi tramite e-mail o notifiche push gratuitamente. Ti permette di risparmiare tempo, grazie alla personalizzazione degli avvisi e puoi impostare avvisi per varie categorie, come lavoro, giochi, sport e tutto ciò che desideri.

Cons

Diciamo che avrebbe bisogno di essere implementato con altre funzionalità e filtri. Al momento mostra solo i risultati presenti in Google, quindi se ad esempio sto cercando lavoro, ma l'annuncio di ricerca non si trova in google, quell'avviso non mi arriverà.

Ekaterina from MOT

Knowledge is one of the greatest things in the 21st century

I'm using it for everything that matters to me. I preset all the words I'd like to get information on and that's it! Then the AI does the job.

Pros

This Google product is WOW! Fantastic to set keywords and have everything delivered on your email. I love this product and I'm recommending it to friends and relatives.

Cons

Nothing really. Very easy to set and use. It's all automated. Great piece of software. Extremely happy with it.

Deann from YFC

Does the hard work for you

Google Alerts helps me stay up to date on the ever-changing information that is critical for me to do my job well and it saves me time in the process.

Pros

Google Alerts saves you from wasting so much time searching the internet for information important to you. You can create an alert for any topic you want and set the frequency it is delivered to your email, sources it pulls information from, and what area of the world you want the information from. You can also turn off the alerts at any time.

Cons

Google Alerts seems to work best for broad topics and not specific.

Angela from reclaim company

google alerts

it is very good! easy to access and keep track of my meetings.

Pros

Google Alerts are very easy to set and easy to search using key words. It helps to update myself. I use google alert for my daily meeting schedule so that I don't go late or miss any meetings. The most important thing about Google Alert is it is free!

Cons

I have been using Google Alerts for several years and so far had NO issues.

Ashton from St Petersburg College

Google Alerts review

I like to use Google Alerts because I like to be in the know and on trend with the world around me. I like that I can control the frequency at which I receive alerts and customize the alerts to what is important to me

Pros

Google Alerts is a free tool that allows you to stay on trend and up to date within your interest or industry.

Cons

If not managed properly, there can be an over abundance of alerts, and can be considered annoying.

Alisha from Homemaker

Great way to stay informed

I like to get alerts about current events. I like the way it always makes sure you are up to date about whats going on around you,

Pros

I am always up to date on all the current events going on in my country and around the world. This is a great way to stay informed. Google alerts is a very easy way to get up to date information.

Cons

I have no complaints . I have not ran into any problems with this software.

Nastazija from Adecco/Computershare

Great software for every day use

I have a very good experience with Google Alerts so far.

Pros

I like that it will alert/remind you about pretty much anything that you need to be reminded off and even send you suggestions and trends.

Cons

It can be annoying at times when you are in the middle of doing something or especially when you are on the phone and you hear the alert notifications in the background.

Omer from AA Printers UK

Industry: Printing

Great Free Tool to Stay Up to Date

A great tool to compete if used wisely.

Pros

Keeps the person up to date. It is free to use and is customizable. One can customize the alerts as they wish. This saves time and effort to research for new topics. I have a small Print on Demand business and I receive emails related to POD daily in my inbox. It gives me new ideas and helps me to stalk on my competitor's shirt designs and keeps me updated about the latest POD trends.

Cons

It sends so many emails sometimes and I don't have enough time to read them all. Also its interface looks outdated and not engaging. It needs redesigning and more customization options. Also, it sends irrelevant news articles sometimes which I am not interested in reading.

Fabio from Arlanxeo Brasil SA

Industry: Chemicals

Remember your appointment

It has been an amazing experience because nowadays I do not forget any of my appointments.

Pros

It is easy to schedule things you need to remember and you can access via cell phone, computer and in anywhere and whatever you want.

Cons

This software can not be useful for olders because they have to many options like events, tasks and reminder and it can be confusing for the user.

Gianluca from OFG advertising

Google Alerts: thank you

i love Google ALerts, it keeps me updates on my daily topics

Pros

I discovered Google Alerts a few years ago and haven't left it since. It allows me to stay constantly updated on some very important topics for my work, with almost always accurate information.

Cons

i don't find big flaws in google alerts, maybe i would prefer to have more results in daily reporting