• Pros

• "Easy to use and secure. Notifications are quick."

• "I am always up to date on all the current events going on in my country and around the world. This is a great way to stay informed. Google alerts is a very easy way to get up to date information. "

• "It literally couldn't be easier to set up a Google Alert for whatever it is you want to track. And I appreciate getting the automatic email alerts."

• Cons

• "The only con is that sometimes it can fill up my email and get to be to much but other then that I love it."

• "It is somewhat confusing to navigate at times to get the correct settings or wonder what else this application offers however this is still a great application. "

• "Some of the long-press and design aspects could be moved around to be more effective, but I suspect that will change as updates come."

Browse Google Alerts Reviews

Marlom from Peru Hop

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Keep informed everyday

Alert keeps you updated about information you want to know. I get it in first time of morning.

Pros

Always you get information more relevant you want to know, it is information from Google and very simple.

Cons

It does not show like a research in Google, for example you do not get video or snippet featured when you get it.

A Great Way to Keep Track of Industry Trends

Overall I have had a great experience with Alerts and I love that it comes free of charge. It really helps me to stay current with industry news and gives me ideas about what I can implement within my organization.

Pros

I find it impressive that this product is made available for free. It's also very user-friendly, it took me all of two seconds to create alerts that help me keep track of trends in my industry. I also like how you can customize the frequency of these alerts so as to not flood your inbox.

Cons

I'm very fond of using Alerts but I do wish there were more options in terms of the source. Most of the alerts are coming from web news but they are not being pulled from social media sources like Reddit which I find can also be a good information source.

Great software

Pros

Google alerts allow easy daily to-do's.

Cons

Sometimes by alerts from other senders come in a little to late for my liking.

Maria from RMS Mobile Consulting & Wifi Management LLC

How I Use Google Alerts For My Business

The problem that is solved by using Google Alerts is not having to hire a content writer. I can have alerts sent to me to find the content I am needing without having to search.

Pros

The feature that is most impactful is having alerts sent to you daily, that allows my business to create syndicated content for Social Media. Google Alerts is very easy to use. This allows my business to have easier processes when alerts are sent surrounding a particular subject I am interested in reading.

Cons

Google Alerts sends a lot of alerts so it can fill your email up.

Amy from Amy Madigan LLC

Perfect for Tracking Press

Very good. I use to track my clients when they are mentioned in the press. A simple email with the roundup of the latest mentions is easy to track.

Pros

Easy to use. You can choose how often you get your alerts (as it happens, daily, weekly, etc). Very simple to use and update your preferences. It's helpful to be able to have different preferences (i.e. receiving the alert) for different alerts.

Cons

Nothing. It makes tracking press hits for clients much easier than having to do a google search every single day.

Marco from DHS

Industry: Law Enforcement

Google Alerts

Pros

I've been using google alerts for quite some time now. These alerts allows me to stay up to date with what is in the media for my agency across the nation. The process is easy, set the alert and enjoy the emails that come directly to your email.

Cons

The only Con is that you must be specific about what context you want to receive information on otherwise you will get information about things you didn't really want.

Ashton from St Petersburg College

Google Alerts review

I like to use Google Alerts because I like to be in the know and on trend with the world around me. I like that I can control the frequency at which I receive alerts and customize the alerts to what is important to me

Pros

Google Alerts is a free tool that allows you to stay on trend and up to date within your interest or industry.

Cons

If not managed properly, there can be an over abundance of alerts, and can be considered annoying.

Alisha from Homemaker

Great way to stay informed

I like to get alerts about current events. I like the way it always makes sure you are up to date about whats going on around you,

Pros

Cons

I have no complaints . I have not ran into any problems with this software.

Sergio from UPS

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Google

Pros

The ease of use through google is much easier then other products. Having just one login through google to access any platform help me not to memorize so am ay passwords for each program.

Cons

I really don’t have anything bad to say I’ve been a google user for over 6 years and it’s improve year after year.

Kendall from Grand Valley State University

I would recommend Goggle Alerts

My overall experience is great. I enjoy egtting the emails and I even got my friend to get them too.

Pros

Google alerts sends emails to the user —such as web pages,blogs, newspaper articles, or scientific research. It helps me stay up to date with what is going on in the world. It also helps me find websites that I wouldnt have known about if I wasnt sent alerts!

Anvita from Freelance

Easy & Free

Overall my experience has been quick, convenient, and has helped me be efficient in keep track of certain keywords so I know where to focus my productivity and business needs!

Pros

I like Google Alerts because it is free and takes a simple set up process. I can choose the key words that are appropriate for me and my small business so that I can keep track of how often they are mentioned. This helps me collect information on what seems to be working and not working while growing my business. I love that it is easy to use and free!

Cons

What I like least about this software is that it has gotten a bit outdated and I have had better results with other softwares like Mention. Over time I felt the accuracy had decreased, but will continue using as it is free and helps me keep track of things that aren't terribly pressed for accuracy.

Brian from DJ BRKN

Why You Should Use Google Alerts.

I will probably use Google Alerts for everything I do as it has made my life easier to get by.

Pros

The fact that this application is free just like many of Google's other applications makes this a must-have. I pretty much use this for all of my devices as Google Alerts is flexible and obtainable from any platform. You can link your entire google calendar to receive notifications and it is amazing.

Very useful for us!

Super useful to know when people are talking about your company or a colleague or a particular keyword you want to follow. It's been really key for us to know right away when our org is in the local paper or something.

Pros

Cons

I do feel like there have occasionally been times where things have gotten past the alert and I haven't been notified until someone sent me the article or something. So not sure exactly how it works.

Joshua from chainsaw game studios

great for protecting your account from hackers

Pros

it lets you know if some is trying to hack or get into your account

Cons

i have no complaints at all with this software

Eric from Inviro

Secure

Pros

Easy to use and secure. Notifications are quick.

Cons

Is there a way to put notifications to sleep at night?

Functional alert program

Am definitely happy with Google Alerts. Some may find it too simple, but others will find that is what they wanted all along.

Pros

Ease of use and clean design make for what I would see as the best cross-platform alert app for anything you may need it for. Never had an issue with missing an alert like some other programs, so I will stay.

Cons

Great Product for writers and tracking your online precense

Easy to use, great for writers that want to follow a topic, and for folks concerned about content being written about them.

Pros

Its a very easy yo use set it and forget it program. You just pick the topics you want to track, and wait for the results to come in.

Cons

Not much negative to say, other than if you want to make changes, it may take some searching to find the site and make changes.

Get notified for anything

Pros

Google Alerts is extremely helpful with keeping tabs on anything in your industry. Whether it be your clients, your competitors, or your own company. Extremely easy to use and notifies you almost immediately.

Cons

I have no cons to list as Google Alerts has done nothing but good for me

Danica from WFHS

Google alerts

some information is helpful while other is not.

Pros

Google alerts allows you to be alerted when something you have searched for or showed interest in has a new update.

Cons

they often pop up for every little thing I search up.

Dan from World wind and solar

Google alerts is awesome

It is a great thing to have to give you a heads up on problems that you have

Pros

Giving me a heads up on things that I need to look at is nice piece of tool to have

Cons

No complaints here having this product is very nice

Kelvin from Grady

very useful

Pros

Google Alerts allows me to keep up the latest on topics I'm interested in. I'm able to stay on top of stocks, and other subjects I am interested.

Cons

More filter options from states to city

Practical and affordable.

Through the google platform I can configure subjects of my interest so receiving real-time notifications, not needing to be researching on the specific topic, it really is a great software for people who don't have much time to be able to surf the internet.

Pros

Response time and settings, where I can configure specific topics of interest to me so that I can be notified in real time, without having to research the highlighted topic.

Cons

It would be good if the access were more practical, and if the dissemination of the software was wider, so that it can be more accessed and known.

Eric from Wells Fargo

Great Software

Pros

I use this all the time! I love how it reminds me of what I need to do!

Cons

I feel that it is very boring. I wish it had some more colors or something.

Ezabella from Ymca extend-a-Care for kids

Google alerts

Pros

Google alerts makes it so much easier to remind me to keep up with my crazy schedule!! Love it

Cons

Nothing I didn’t like 10/10 would recommend

stefano from Sexy Fish

Quite good

Pros

Comfortable app,easy to use and quite advanced

Cons

A little bit slow sometimes,and some informations given are wrong

Erick from Durham County Government

A Great Tool for Reminders and Alerts

My overall experience with Google Alerts is for reminders.

Pros

What I like most about Google Alerts is that it integrates seamlessly within the Google product ecosystem.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that it seems to fill the role of other softwares that already exist.