Browse Pingdom Reviews

December 2021

Moises from Moises Merchan

December 2021

When it comes to performance optimization, this is the best way to have clarity

Pros

The best thing about pingdom tool is to be able to keep up to date with the activity of my site, to be able to act fast to fix it. Easy to use control panel Besides that I can optimize my pages and measure the performance of it, I can analyze each request to see what is causing the delays and problems, and it is very useful to be able to see it in a waterfall graph.

Cons

The speed tests are not always the same so you need to do several tests to have an average value and the Support is a little slow for my taste, also it would be very useful to have a mobile application especially to receive notifications from the cell phone.

Monitor your application servers

Pros

with Pingdom, we are monitoring our applications running on the production, and demo servers. It has multiple features that resulted in choosing this tool.

Cons

it requires a little digging to get the most out of the tool.

Reasons for Switching to Pingdom

Pingdom offered more features according to our requirements.

Torikul from NockScript

It's a good tool but it could be more better from my point of view

My overall experience is average, I don't feel comfortable using this tool. But yes, sometimes clients ask me to improve the website performance with a special focus on the Pingdom testing tool. That time I use Pingdom to make the client happy. I think this tool needs to improve UI/UX more, people like me will start loving this tool again.

Pros

It's easy to use, has a good performance board that shows what grade the site got, its loading time, page size etc that helps to get a clear concept about website performance. Pingdom has a good functionality of downloading website reports har.json file. It's a very unique thing, I didn't get anything like this in other speed testing tools. Like other testing tools, Pingdom also shows how to improve the speed score of a website, this is a very important thing because every testing tool has its own algorithm.

Cons

Like the other speed testing tool, Pingdom works similarly, there are no different and unique things on it that will bring me always to use this software. Even this tool is so hard, they show a lot of obstacles that often does not work as a reason for the website slow loading. There is some user experience problem in this tool. For example, after completing the scan, it not redirects me to the result section. Results show below of the hero section, no animation, no redirection nothing! It should perfectly represent the scan results.

Reasons for Switching to Pingdom

Pingdom wasn't able to fulfil my all requirements perfectly, so I switched to another testing tool.

Estaba bien hace unos años

Nulo soporte técnico, no responden los tickets. La app es lenta y en mi caso no funciona en ningún dispositivo las notificaciones (IOS y Android). Además es muy caro, tienes otros servicios por menos de la mitad de precio y mucho más eficiente.

Pros

Me servía para controlar que las webs no estuvieran caídas y el tiempo de respuesta

Cons

Desde hace unos años han hecho cambios que lo único que han conseguido es estropear el servicio. Además la app es un auténtico desastre.

Reasons for Choosing Pingdom

Por desgracia no indague otras posibilidades

Todor from CloudSigma AG

Monitor everything, anytime

It pings our phones, emails, collaboration tools and we rarely have issues with it. I recommend for medium and large enterprise monitoring cross-continent.

Pros

The global ping. When attempting to ping a certain host, it tries from multiple locations around the world and helps us isolate whether the issue is with a local provider or global.

Cons

Page loading times. In rare cases, when no network fault is preventing access, page starts to load, then stops, and after this refreshes to a usable state. Also, the Root Cause per host sometimes tends to take a longer period for generation, which can lead to data insufficiency.

Nigel Masimba from Calmlock Web Design

An All-In-One Website Performance Suite

I started out using the free Pingdom website speed test tool before signing up to use the full kit of Pingdom tools. I use Pingdom to monitor website performance and uptime.

Pros

It works with my favorite content management system. Easy to set up compared to some web performance tracking tools. There is a WordPress plugin to add the Pingdom code snippet which may be useful for less technical users.

Cons

If you are using other tools similar to Pingdom you may need to choose between them and Pingdom to avoid having too many code snippets installed which could reduce website performance.

Decent tool to measure website performance

If you have the budget for it, it's a great solution to track website performance and receive timely alerts.

Pros

What makes this tool stand out from other ones out there is that it provides an easy way to monitor website performance and get alerts.

Cons

It may take some time to get used to the tool itself. Plus, the price can be a big con if you're looking for something inexpensive.

Budget constraints.

Jonathan from Digital Arts Creative

Industry: Graphic Design

Great service for monitoring site speed and downtime

Pros

We love the fact that we can set up instant email alerts if any of our sites experience downtime. The site speed function is quite useful too when it comes to optimising sites and their load time.

Cons

It's not the cheapest service which could put some people off, but it really is worth the money in our view.

Yaniv from Wochit

Great website-monitoring product

This software helps me be alerted in case some of our domains are suffering from constant instability

Pros

The software is very intuitive for first setup and "maintenance". In addition, going over the gathered data is simple and you can see the status "in a glance". The integration with Slack is also great.

Cons

For a simple URL-pings monitoring - I don't see any disadvantage with this product. Maybe it's less suitable if you need more complex monitoring.

Ghanshyam from Education

Review of Pingdom

Pros

Pingdom has the simplest interface which makes users easier to use and understand. It helps the user to solve the problems occurred by monitoring the websites. It helps for searching the congestion on our site and prioritizes what should be fixed.

Cons

It is a bit costly for purchasing. Reports are complex to study.

Tony from Speakeasy Digital Marketing - now Belo + Company

Pingdom Is Like an XRay into Your Site

I recommend Pingdom for new web site owners for monitoring their web site speed. It worked well for me at the free level, but I'm not seeing the value for the higher tiers.

Pros

I like that I can see the "waterfall" view of my site, which helps me to determine what elements are causing my page to load slowly. It does work and it works reliably.

Cons

I'm not happy that Pingdom's lowest tier runs about $45/month. There are many other vendors doing similar monitoring who charge less. I have an account on a competitor and pay under $50 for an entire year.

Pingdom is a good tool to monitor website page speed

I use Pingdom along with a couple of other apps as I work on my website to make sure my scores don't get slower as I make changes.

Pros

Pingdom provides me with the metrics and points me to solutions on how to improve my page speed scores.

Cons

Sometimes, I have to run the tests a couple of times and the page speed scores will differ. I usually do three times to get the average.

Reasons for Choosing Pingdom

I use Pingdom along with two others and utilize the strengths that Pingdom has to offer.

Jacob from PromptCloud

Best website monitoring and speed test tool out there

Pros

I've been using buffer to test website load times and the results provided by pingdom is the most accurate ones i've ever come across.

Cons

There should be more test locations to choose from. Currently, there are only 4 test locations and that doesn't really make the tool comprehensive enough.

Philip from Episerver

A Managed Services Screwdriver

Pingdom has helped us greatly in our quest to monitor our clients websites and underlying systems for availability. It is also a great tool for determining root cause of the issue, or as a jumping off point for further investigation. As we move into a large number of monitored items we are starting to see some serious performance slow downs, hopefully which can be resolved as we continue to grow.

Pros

This is a great piece of monitoring software that has a well designed interface. This has been our go to tool for monitoring site down issues, and high priority system outages. It is easy to configure all types of standard checks, from the 200 check to string checks and more. You can tell at a glance what is up but more importantly what is NOT up. We use this as a monitoring system for hundreds and hundreds of sites and systems, we also have this feed into other tools such as our ticket system to automatically create and update tickets.

Cons

Performance has started to suffer as the number of monitored items grows. We now monitor more than a thousand unique items and it is started to take a long time to load individual items, not to mention the overview. This is starting to cause some frustration, I am not sure if Pingdom will continue to scale with us, however we would like it to. Sometimes we have false positive alerts, however this is usually due to configuration issue and not a fault of Pingdom.

Amazing product, great ROI

Simply an amazing product, that lets you stay on top of network outages and assess them in a timely manner. Very affordable, when it comes to cost, comparing to some other options out there. I highly recommend this product.

Pros

I most likely won't even be able to describe how much I like Pingdom. I've used it for many years. Started with a free version and expanded to paid subscriptions. It's always great to know what's going on with your network, when you're not around. Setting up monitoring alerts for specific services allows to decrease downtime and be on top of outages (means, you're a superhero). I've had situations so many time, when you come in in the morning, and a website has been down for several hours. With Pingdom, that's no longer a case. You get notified immediately!

Cons

Can't think of anything. It's so simple and intuitive, even a caveman can do it. Love the mobile app option

Debjit from Alpana Web Solutions

Get alert if your site goes down immediately, with Pingdom monitoring service.

I am daily using it to see my website workes ok. It will give me a total detail report of when it went down, when it came back online and how it is performing. it also helps me to fix pages content with their page tool. If their price suits you, it is a great tool, even their free plan is awesome.

Pros

Pingdom will help you to monitor your website and keep track of when it goes down. You can set the interval when to check your website. You can see details report of delay from many servers. It will send you mail/SMS when the site goes down so you can take a look at what happens. I love to the page speed tool, which shows how can I improve my page speed and finetune with the server.

Cons

Price is a little expensive for these tools. Sometimes gives a false alert when comparing with other. Sometimes it fails to check downtime, which happens once a week or two.

Tom from Resolution Design and Development

One great piece of my peace of mind toolset.

Peace of mind in knowing that I'll be alerted to website downtime. Verification of restored uptime, and reports of downtime instances are also great features.

Pros

As a web professional who provides managed hosting services for my clients, Pingom's service has been extremely helpful in catching server issues that need my prompt response. Being able to have a notification on my smartphone in those rare cases when a site becomes unresponsive has enabled me to respond quicker and minimize downtime.

Cons

There have been a couple of occasions when I did not receive a downtime notification. I'm not sure if it was an issue with the app or further up in the service's workings. This has not been a consistent issue, and has occurred very few times.

N. A. from The Mighty

Easy to use and great for keeping track of website crashes

Pros

I have used this program for years, going back to when I was employed by a web design and hosting company. It's a relatively simple app, to the point that just about anyone can use it. I have used it to gain analytics on website traffic as well as determine the reasons for crashes or point developers and engineers in the right direction.

Cons

I find it difficult to actually find any cons with this product as it does exactly what it says on the tin. The only disadvantage is that the discounted prices only come when you pay upfront rather than monthly.

Jeff from World Vision

Pingdom gets the job done

Pingdom has been reliable and given us what we expect.

Pros

The interface makes it quite simple to create multi step transactional monitors. There are a nice variety of options for alerting.

Cons

They limit you to 25 steps in the transactional monitors. They do not allow atomic options for run frequency - you must use the preset values they have allotted.

Reasons for Choosing Pingdom

We chose Pingdom along with a few others to have some redundancy in our alerts.

Pingdom help maintain websites

Pingdom has saved me many hours of troubleshooting websites and time is important.

Pros

I love being able to see at a quick scan what elements on specific pages can cause for example loading issues. This allows me to see dead links or even things I may need to optimize to decrease page load times.

Cons

I wish it had the ability to tell you in html/css what elements on the page the items came from.

Mehak from To The New

Very useful tool to keep your website fast and always available.

The use of this tool was limited to the downtime alerts and error logs and the service provided was almost perfect for us. Timely alerts for error saved us from many bad situations we could have ended in if it went undetected.

Pros

It's a very easy to integrate tool that provides information about the load time of the webpage and alerts of downtime of the application. It provides the full report of the errors on the managed pages. The integration of Pingdom alerts on slack proves to be very useful.

Cons

As for the functionality, it has no such drawbacks but the price of the tool is a bit on the higher side. Its competitors provide almost the same functionality at a much lower price.

Using pingdom on daily basis for monitoring APIs and hosts latency and uptimes.

Pros

Reliable , detection is immediately. Allows to configure the checks according to the request/response needed.

Cons

Root cause reports are sometimes poor and don't provide the needed information. No special improvements in the past 2 years. Recurring alerts don't get automatic detection as known issue and it cause harressing messages until issue resolved.

Great service, but hard on the small business budget.

Pros

I love the uptime monitoring and the page speed monitoring. I run several websites as a small business with various arms and aims. Being able to see at a glance if any are down, what pages are dragging, and where improvements need to be made is a great help in figuring out where to devote time each day to solving the small issues that can cause big problems down the line.

Cons

I really wish all paid plans offered unlimited websites, and there was a free plan for one website. As it stands, while I'm testing out the free trial period, I just can't see needing to pay the monthly price for an unlimited plan in order to keep an eye on all my websites this way, when as a sole proprietor, my budget is stretched as is. While this is a great tool, it's sadly just not cost effective for most small businesses.

Great alerting system to stay on top of what you need tracked.

We were able to keep our team updated on the daily metrics we needed.

Pros

It allows you to keep your team in the loop about the more admin-related stuff that would normally be harder to understand.

Cons

It takes a lot of getting used to and is not so simple to set it up in the first place - you got to struggle a little first.

Excellent monitoring tool

Pros

A great tool for monitoring up-time on your web based services. It offers a comprehensive alerting platform for those business critical systems you cant do without.

Cons

The free alerting model is now gone and the all alerting services are now subject to cost. I suppose nothing free lasts forever.

Ildiko from Mecseri Art

Useful website monitoring tool

I recommend this software as a crucial tool if you don't have an in house team to monitor your website server data.

Pros

It is a really feature rich website monitoring tool. It notifies about down times and slow periods by e-mail and sms. So I can make action when necessary immediately. Security and continuous uptime with reasonable speed are both crucial part of any web-based service. This tool helps me monitor any error about speed and availability. It performs a page speed test also and provide real time visitor monitoring. With the help of the Pingdom API, it can be customised and automated.

Cons

Pingdom offers really more than I expected, so I cannot know any problem or negative element about it.

I love pingdom, I just have a hard time paying their price point

Pros

Pingdom is the best, quickest, easiest to use and from what I can tell the best designed in it's class.

Cons

My only issue with Pingdom has always been the cost. It was always too excessive for me to use since I monitor hundreds of sites.

Paul from Archway Theatre

Excellent Web Site Monitoring

Pros

Pingdom is monitoring my websites, I get alerts whenever anything goes wrong so I can take action before if effects my visitors.

Mairina from Cibersys

Monitor your website, and validate if you should optimize it!

My experience with this tool has been very good, I really use many when auditing my site and to be able to optimize its performance, it gives me all the data that I need to improve to improve the loading speed of my site. I really like working with this tool. I recommend it.

Pros

The main function of this great tool is to measure the loading speed of a website, but the truth has helped me a lot when it comes to optimizing our website, since it tells me page by page what are the errors that must be corrected to increase the loading speed. The truth is very useful and you can measure the loading speed from different servers in North America, Europe and South America.

Cons

I really like this tool, the only thing I would add is to be able to compare the performance of different websites.

Ernesto Enrique from Bandit. The most wanted talent

A must have in web development

With Pingdom I have greatly improved the loading speed of my websites, presenting products that load really fast and improving SEO.

Pros

Pingdom is one of those applications that you should keep in mind when developing websites. You can get a full report on the errors found on your page and dozens of useful tips to improve the loading speed. What I like the most is that it not only tells you what mistakes you have, but how you can improve them. You can also schedule the analyzes and obtain a report on how your website works during the days. Even in its free version it allows you to do so, with the limitation of only one site per account.

Cons

I can only complain about the way they present errors, a little more order would not be wrong.

A great single source for everything in website monitoring

Pros

Has a good set of free tools for analyzing website speed. Pricing is favorable compared to competitors. Has some great features for ecommerce sites.

Cons

Although the pricing is generally affordable, the service is priced in tiers which have a relatively big jump between them. Some competitor pricing models are more granular.

Sean from Stokkup

Integrated with Slack

Pingdom has been huge in letting us know when our site is down.

Pros

I like that pingdom integrates with Slack, We use this plugin to determine whether or not our site goes down and when it goes back up.

Cons

Really can't think of anything negative, however I wish it gave more detailed notifications about what caused the outage in the detailed reports.

Reliable and affordable site monitoring tool

Pros

This software saved us many times when we launched our new site.

Cons

A bit complicated to set up but well worth it.

Jason from Goodman

Easy to use and provides good data over time

Pros

The ability to setup alerts and see historical data of the uptime of our websites. It allows us to know when our website is down before our customers yell at us.

Cons

This software does exactly what it needs to do but nothing more. It is a fairly narrow purpose but useful.

Daniel from Relentless Management Group

Industry: Investment Management

Monitor Uptime - Helps improve customer experience and sentiment

It has helped us detect and resolve outages before clients even noticed there was a problem!

Pros

Track and monitor update for web base applications. Pingdom can alert you moments after your website/software platform becomes unresponsive. The best part is that Pingdom can send you text messages when an outage is detected.

Cons

When our company made some internal changes we set up a new Pingdom account and for some unknown reason the system triggered false positives saying one of our sites was down, when in fact it was up and working normally. The funny thing is that this problem didn't exist on our old Pingdom account

Richard from Hotwire Media

Great uptime and response tool, allowing real-time site performance

Pros

The ability to test from multiple locations at short intervals. Very easy to change monitoring and customise alert threshold. Having this has allowed us switch on and off ppc campaigns if the clients website goes down, saving the clients hundreds of pounds.

Cons

Although the free solution gives a good introduction, you really have to purchase the full version to get a true insight into performance.

Nisarg from Media.net

A powerful tool for monitoring your websites.

Pros

-It allows you to customize alerts. -It also has a mobile app to check tests on the go. -The uptime monitoring service is useful to identify any issues that your website may be facing.

Cons

-You need to understand programming in order to use all the features. -It gets expensive if you have too many websites to monitor.

Chris from Tomodomo

One of the originals, but no longer the best

Pros

Pingdom is one of the original services (at least that I can remember) for ping uptime testing. Its uptime alerting is reliable and stable.

Cons

Unfortunately the price point just isn't competitive anymore, relative to the features they provide. They only offer 1 minute check intervals (I use a competitor that gets down to 30 second intervals), threshold alerting is only available on higher tier plans, and you can't pay per-check so the moment you cross 10 your plan price nearly triples.

Fast efficient but costly site monitoring software

Pros

Does a lot. Site monitoring, real-time visitor analytics, page speed and more. A full-featured software

Cons

Pingdom is too expensive. There are other services out there that will do basic uptime monitoring for free and page speed testing for free too. I don't believe the feature set is worth the cost.

Sam from Featherston Media

Best way to monitor Network connections

Easy way to monitor networks and is very quick to update.

Pros

Great way to monitor multiple networks. Very reliable and accurate when it comes to communicating a network outage. Easy to use.

Cons

There really is not anything I do not like about Pingdom. It does exactly what I expect and need it to do.

Rolly from Globant

Good testing performance website tool

I use this tool to performance test and make some reports with the results.

Pros

What I like the most is that I can select the server from where I want to do the performance test.

Cons

It doesn't give much information about some errors or items to be optimized.

May 2016

Lance M. from Transaction Warehouse, Inc.

May 2016

September 2015

Loralee from Her Portable Biz

September 2015

Victor from Qwuen

Easy to setup, reliable

I have been using multiple downtime monitoring systems together, pingdom has been reliable. Sometimes using JavaScript seems to be a better solution in monitoring than using DNS. Unfortunately, it no longer offers free version unless you have been with them for a while. I love the UI on their mobile app too, though downtime notification seems a little buggy sometimes.

Annelise from Rede Massa

Great insights on performance

It has been great to have this alternative to Google PageSpeed, I'm always using it to improve our deliveries along with other tools.

Pros

I highly recommend using Pingdom, since it's interface is very easy to use and it shows very clearly what's wrong and actions to improve your website performance.

Cons

Nothing to really complain about this service, maybe they could improve the documentation about the improvements and insights on performance.

Danny from Investment Properties Mexico

Web Page Optimization Made Easy

Pros

Since we started using it our website has been performing better, cause it made it easy to check on our pages and optimize them, making them faster to download, and more friendly to users.

Cons

It involves having a programmer who can help you with certain aspects of your page, so if you are not that much into code and programming it can be a bit hard to fully optimize or understand the statistics Pingdom gives you

Jack from Booster.com

Pingdom definitely a need to monitor your server's uptime

My team and I thought pingdom is too expensive for what it can offer however we discover its capabilities and more usages after using for 6 months or so. Long term wise, it is better (in terms of cost) to use pingdom to monitor uptime, page speed etc. I have yet to reached its customer support so far, so i have decided to give it a 4-star.

Greg from WCIG Inc.

Works great, no issues

I have used this kind of software for a long time and recently switched to Pingdom because it offers more reporting (such as load times over time). That is worth the slightly extra cost to me. Obviously, this kind of software is a must for any e-commerce site and it simply has to work. To date, it has worked fine.

Pros

reporting

Jason from Mater Group

Awesome tool for keeping your host motivated

Pingdom was often a lifesaver for me. I would be notified before my web host even knew there was an issue and that allowed me to stay on top of website downtime. When you're managing several sites and they all go offline though ... The SMS notifications can get tiresome. Still, they keep you motivated.

Solid software, but there are cheaper solutions that do the same thing.

Pros

The software works well. You give Pingdom the details and it'll do its job and notify you if there's downtime.

Cons

They charge way too much. I'm using a competitor product that does the same thing for 50% less.