• Pros

• "As we are a small business we need just a basic monitor and Uptime gives us a flexible plan that adjusts to our needs. :D"

• "Loved how easy it was to get started. Took me about 60sec to pop my URL's in there and I was up and running."

• "It works well I don't have any complaint about the system, it is mostly customer support and how they handle the business."

• Cons

• "It only keeps 30 days record of that your system has done. Until you buy the pay version it only checks every 5 minutes. Other than that I love the product."

• "Prices go up without notice and you find out on the invoices that it multiplies quickly.Customer support didn't even bother answer me. So keep your distances..."

• "There's not much to dislike - it's all very straight forward."

Browse Uptime Reviews

Wes from ContentWriters

Industry: Publishing

Reliable monitoring system, very flexible.

I'm a solo developer/admin for an internet-based company, and so it's crucial that we are immediately aware of any outages or problems with our sites. We've been using Uptime for roughly 18 months, and it has proven to be extremely reliable in detecting any outages. Additionally, the advanced monitoring checks that are available are impressive - it can submit data to forms, observe real user sessions, verify that SSL certificates are valid, and more. I strongly recommend Uptime to anyone who relies on a steady internet presence for their business. Tremendous value for our company, and great peace of mind for myself especially, as the overseer of our operations.

Pros

- Easy to use, very clean design - Notifies quickly of any detected outages - Reliably detects even small/brief outages - The wide variety of things that can be monitored, including APIs & multi-step pathways - Very quick to navigate through the various console pages - API access to the reports that can be integrated into internal applications - Documentation is very thorough - Monitoring checks are executed from several points around the world

Cons

There are no cons, in my opinion. It does exactly what's advertised - and more.

Saransh from Developer Circles from Facebook

Uptime monitoring with performance metrics that more people should know about

Uptime monitoring is simple by nature which could lead a lot of individuals to think the choice doesn't really matter. Uptime maintains the simplicity you would expect (even in its branding) but allows a lot of complex problem-solving under the hood. This balance of easy-of-use and powerful extensibility is exactly what my team was looking for. I'm glad we stumbled across this product.

Pros

A myriad of available notification options. This helps ensure that alerts are seen right away. We push alerts to user's phones, through our internal messaging software, and to kiosk monitors in the offices. Threat detection was an unexpected plus as well. Alerts can come from multiple locations around the globe so it can help discover regionally isolated incidents as well.

Cons

The concept of team management and user permission management is still evolving and not quite as robust as I would prefer.

Response from Uptime.com

Replied January 2020

Hello Saransh, thank you for your feedback. As a user-centric organization, we take user requests very seriously. Our support team would love to hear about user permission improvements you may have. Feel free to contact our support team at support@uptime.com

Franz from PortlandLabs

Industry: Information Services

Works great!

Great experience. Wonderful service, powerful tool, good people.

Pros

Lots of configurable controls. Simple to use interface that's both attractive and functional. Gets the job done right.

Cons

It'd be nice to be able to more easily see which specific server a down report comes from. Sometimes there's just general internet network issues and I don't care if some server in Peru can't ping the site.

Response from Uptime.com

Replied October 2018

Thank you for reviewing our service! Appreciate the kind words. We indicate location when sending and displaying alerts. If you need assistance on this we are happy to help! Feel free to email us at support@uptime.com.

Damian from XVR Software LLC

Uptime Monitoring Review

gave us great insight into a problem we were having with web servers going up and down

Pros

Simple to implement, easy to use to monitor our 80 web servers

Cons

I can't think of any cons to the software

Jane from Gravity Station

False downtime notifications, but easy to use

Pros

Nice admin interface, easy to use and you can Pause uptime monitors, select different locations to monitor from, and get email notifications if a site goes down.

Cons

It's great when it works but I've seen a lot of false notifications come in for websites I monitor and Unreliable: I'll check the site while it's "down" and it's fine, so I'm not sure it's actually working properly. I monitored 10 sites for about 7 or 8 months and always got tons of downtime notifications that weren't true.

Paul from SC Zwagerman IT

Keep it UP! Informs within minutes if there is an error

Love it, it monitors really great, the emails send never end up in my spambox and the sms service is reasonable quick, nice for monitoring during the night, just a quick sms on your smartwatch :-)

Pros

This service is amazing, you can define keywords on the monitoring to actually see if your website is up and is showing the proper content instead of an error, also I like the SSL check, it warns you when you are about to renew, superb!

Cons

Sorry, nothing to complain, you need to pay for shorter checks, in case you would like to check every minute, instead of 5 minutes, but its cheap, sorry, its not a con...

Reasons for Choosing Uptime

Try yourself and you will agree with me that you don't have to choose between other products.

Thomas from Association Hozana

Excellent and simple software

Really great tool on the whole, all websites should use a tool to monitor the uptime and Uptime does the job perfectly!

Pros

Very easy setup. Notifications by SMS + email: perfect.

Cons

Default SMS notifications could be more optimized: you get an SMS for each monitored page that is down. It's possible however to fine tune this, but I haven't taken time to do it, set up could be a bit more guided to do it more easily (but honestly I haven't tried so hard since it's not so much a big deal).

Quentin from Dveloppeur freelance

Easy to setup, one of the most valuable tools for our businesses

Quickly go back on your toes, and don't expect your users to contact you when your service goes dark!

Pros

It's really easy to setup: in a blink, you can ensure that all your services are up and running - and if not, you'll be able to react in a second and fix things. It became one of the most valuable tools for our services.

Cons

At first, I was a tiny bit reluctant about the pricing. Think twice. Does peace of mine really have a price?

Brandon from Zellous Design

Feature rich uptime and RUM

Uptime has a great uptime checking service along with the less common realtime user monitoring (RUM) service. The service could definitely use some polishing, but for the cost, it's really fantastic. There was a problem I ran into where reports couldn't be exported to CSV if you defined a date range. Initially support was great, until they stopped responding. It took months for the issue to be addressed. At one point I left a review on their Facebook page because they had become completely unresponsive. They immediately replied and I was back in touch with support... until they stopped replying again. But in the end it got fixed, and there's nothing else I've had to contact support for!

Pros

- Uptime checking with a decently fast interval between checks. - Simple RUM reporting!

Cons

- Doesn't seem that RUM is being improved or developed in anyway. - Support can take a while to resolve a bug.

Ariel from Outdoor Photo Journey

Industry: Graphic Design

Truly useful app

Pros

Keep me in the know when something goes down so I can investigate any issues with my web host or server.

Cons

not much to dislike, it works just like advertised.

Dale from TechnoRaptor

Fast way to get an external watch on our system.

Pros

It was simple to setup. They have all the documentation need to open up just what you need to access your system to monitor. It a great that it is free to start with so you can see if it will work for your company.

Cons

Most complete website monitoring solution

We use Uptime to provide real-time monitoring information to our users. We're able to quickly identify and address issues on our platform, leading to increased customer satisfaction.

Pros

Email and SMS alerts in order to be notified as soon as one of our web services goes down. This is very useful for us as we're able to identify and resolve issues very quickly. Being able to personalize the look and feel of our website monitoring system is also very important for us.

Cons

Quite expensive pricing and lack of dedicated plan for early-stage startups. Also the documentation for the REST API could be improved, with exemples over what's possible with Uptime.

Hector from Trolion

Quick and Effective

Pros

I like how quick you are able to see results for any web page. We constantly use this to monitor the status or do a quick check for our site.

Cons

Nothing. It is a great free tool that at the very least provides, at a glance, when there might be something not right.

Wendee from NLA

My review

Before we started using Uptime we had no idea when our website was down - not a good thing.

Pros

I like the email notifications. When I am off or at home I am notified when something is not working!

Cons

There is really nothing I do not like about the software.

Debasish from Panda Computers Private Limited

Does what it says

Good experience so far.

Pros

It does not have a gazillion options, does not let you nuke a small African nation from its control panel, it does best what it should, constantly monitor & notify me when my sites go down, thats it.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of at the moment.

Response from Uptime.com

Replied October 2018

Thank you for the review! Glad to hear you are satisfied with our service.

Jared from Weedmaps

Great Product for Uptime monitoring

Easy to configure, easy to test and validate outages. Great product that will instantly provide value to your company.

Pros

The array of checks available. The reporting. The RUM checks. The Support. The integrations. The API to pull data into custom dashboards.

Cons

Public status pages could be more configurable.

Erik from Newswire.com

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Uptime helps us Keeping the News Flowing

Pros

The simplicity of the set up and reliable coverage for our websites. If we hit a snag we are alerted immediately so we can keep our clients information moving to their audience.

Cons

No issues to date with the software of support for any questions we may have about our network.

Adam from Lead.com

Uptime is a simple to implement and thorough from a reporting standpoint.

Pros

Cons

There's not much to dislike - it's all very straight forward.

It does what it needs to do, and priced fairly

Pros

Instant text notifications can't be beaten. Before you start getting the flurry of emails, you know.

Cons

Can't say there's anything the bothers me.

Philippe from Information Technology & Services

Works well and simple to use

Pros

It works well and it's pretty straightforward to set up. The API monitoring allows to set up steps to get API credentials and then continue with a typical API use-case. The screens look good and are not confusing to use.

Cons

I wish it had something like a webhook that my backup cron jobs could call to make sure that those are working well as intended.

Reasons for Choosing Uptime

Simplicity and price.

Great value for money

I'm happy and looking forward to hearing the release of new features :D

Pros

Cons

I would like to use some more flexible javascript in some of my checkers

Response from Uptime.com

Replied October 2018

Thank you for reviewing Uptime.com! We would be happy to take into consideration your suggestion for more flexible javascript. If you could please email support@uptime.com with more details on your request, we will be take look at developing.

Customer support doesn't exist...