Browse Jamboard Reviews

Arturo from Marke-Think

December 2021

Your traditional whiteboard, but in the cloud

In general, the experience is quite satisfactory using Google Jamboard, because when collaborating as a team, and that they can also participate in the board that you present and brainstorm ideas for subsequent projects, you feel that you are doing a more dynamic and more complete work, because that requires a good team, creativity, and efficiency when preparing work, projects, etc.

Pros

It has all the basics to be used as a traditional whiteboard but this one is in the cloud, so it is excellent for situations where you are collaborating with the work team, as it is integrated with google classroom, then it is just a matter of integrating or presenting the whiteboard you had already made to the team and have a more dynamic and efficient work. Its tools are the most basic, which is why I could call it a very complete whiteboard since it could also be seen as a PowerPoint in motion and editable in real-time, but in google. Another thing that I really liked is that the audience can also interact on the board, so it becomes a more dynamic board for companies looking to brainstorm and have everyone contribute to something.

Cons

What is left to be said about Jamboard is that the free version comes with very limited tools, but as I almost always say, Google software always tries to bring the most complete to the free versions, so it will be a tool that you can try sometime and work collaboratively either with your on-site or remote team.

Soledad from Ussable

An easy tool for

Even when my first use wasn't the best, I had curiosity to see if Jamboard evolved to better or it will become a Google Wave Case, so few days ago I checked how was working now and I have the nice surprise that Jamboard has new features.

Pros

Jamboard has a user proof interface. This is really-really great to share ideas when you are in that kind of remote meetings sessions where people never get to an agree. The "shapes" feature added is without any doubts THE FEATURE that Jamboard was needing. Clean to use

Cons

The first time using Jamboard was a bit uncomfortable: Shapes feature wasn't added and the drawing tool wasn't very polished. I tried to share an idea, and sadly my pulse is not the better, so finally my poor draw took the lead rol in the meeting. I guess that the first attempt was almost duplicate the "board" experience, and for that reason that tool wasn't included, but now it's totally comfortable to be used.

Reasons for Switching to Jamboard

Overall, I see great potential in Jamboard, it's easy to use, has the right features, and I think it will be a very good plugin for Presentations and Docs, not just for use in meetings. On the other hand, showing an idea is faster than explaining and trying to make a diagram in Slides, you have fewer tools to choose avoiding in that way paralysis-analysis when drawing. Also you avoid comments based in details more than the ideas you need to resolve.

Collaborative Whiteboard integrated into G-suite - Easy , Simple but just fine

A simple and easy tool for the remote teams who need a collaborative, shared & real-time Whiteboard. Has the necessary features but only the basic ones. It is integrated in G-suite. Google doesn't market this well to users, so not every employee would know about its existence.

Pros

It is already a part of G-suite, so massive effort is saved and little reason to choose any external product. It just acts like any other document or productivity application from Google- easy to collaborate, store in G-Drive, Share with Colleagues, works in Cloud, etc. It is also simple to use and quite straightforward. This application solved our need for a online shared whiteboard requested by team working remotely.

Cons

It is a web application, so you have be online just like other G-suite applications. Further it may be too simple and skimps on certain features. You can't add in files, only images are permitted. The UI is not great as the actual area for working is small due to large headers like other usual applications- Google sheets, Google docs,etc. Further, people didn't knew about this and the IT team had to educate about the existence of this software.

Rosciel from Maricopa High School

Answer for Online Collaboration

I like it so far. Its plus factor that I have not seen in any platform is that the collaboration use of it coupled with the drawing tools.

Pros

I like that is user friendly and has several drawing tools I need to . I also like that I can now zoom in the board. I love that my students can can see each others answer where they can do collaboration or correction in their math solutions.

Cons

It would be nice if there is an option where I can store my jams in a folder. It's a hassle that every time I open the jam board I would see plenty jam board at once. If it's in folder, I can categorize my jams then, and will make it easier for me to see which activity to use in a particular class. It would be great too if there's an option in the tool bar where I can lock the jam when it's time for us to go over the jam activity to control students in messing and playing with the jam during instruction time. Please include tool for mathematics.

Brandon from School

Jamboard Great for Education

It allows me to colloborate and work with peers and my students and has brought immersive and lively discussions.

Pros

I liked that you are able to colloborate and share thoughts and responses in a live platform.

Cons

I have used Padlet and it took me a few minutes to discern between Padlet and Jamboard.

Reasons for Switching to Jamboard

A reccommendation of a colleague to a google suite product.

Tanice from University of Technology

Most Convenient software for students

Pros

What I love about this app is how interactive and easy it is to use. My 7 year old daughter uses this software during her class sessions to interact in her class with her peers and teacher. This software is so user friendly that she can use this software on her own with minimal assistance from me. She really enjoys drawing her shapes, sets, engaging in her math lesson while the teacher is expounding on the lesson. When we are recapping we also use the software so she can express herself and what she learnt in class.

Cons

This software needs to be more accessible on different devices. Its hard logging on to it from a phone or a tablet, if it is even possible.

Alexandros from National and Technical University of Athens

A great choice for a digital canvas for online lectures and some quick notes

Overall, I highly recommend it for online lectures and quick brainstorming but do not expect features found on more specialized platforms.

Pros

Jamboard is quite easy to use. You can share the digital canvas with students or colleagues and work/brainstorm together. Also, it is tightly integrated with the Gmail account and the whole ecosystem.

Cons

I can't get over the fact that you can not make a canvas full screen. It's the thing that comes up most of the time and it should be there from day one. Also, I would like to be able to create a Jamboard from any place on Google Drive and not just have them accumulate on the same folder.

Melissa from University of Kentucky

Engage online learners

Overall it is a good software for e-learning with children and adults.

Pros

I love that this is a free resource so it is not a strain on students financially. The post-it notes are simple and easy to use. There are lots of templates to use both in our classroom discussion and for my students to use with their K-12 classes and tutees.

Cons

I wish the pen function was a bit more precise and a wider variety of colors would be nice.

Great for my school

I think this is a really useful tool to use in my classroom. My students really enjoy using it. There are a few drawbacks though. There needs a way to be able to lock info and be able to make some elements not editable. Also I wish students couldn't add slides when you share the board with them.

Pros

I love the collaboration that I can have between the students of my class.

Cons

I wish there was a way to lock something onto a slide and not have others be able to edit or move it when you collaborate with others.

Paula from Topsfield Schools

Jamboard

Overall Jamboard has been easy and fun to watch students as they create!

Pros

The ability to collaborate between students on a Jamboard has been an engaging new addition to teaching.

Cons

I would really like to copy jams from one Jamboard to another Jamboard. Also, the limit of 20 jams makes it hard for large classes to utilize the best features.

Simple whiteboard tool

Jamboard can be used to make meetings more interactive and get people to participate virtually, making it a useful tool for remote working.

Pros

Jamboard is Google's whiteboard app. It allows people to collaborate using simple drawing tools, and can easily be integrated with other Google Apps.

Cons

The functionality can be pretty limited, so it is best for quick collaboration rather than big workshops or planning sessions.

Yathavi from Ryerson University

Jamboard: Digital Interactive Tool

Though I do not use Jamboard outside of a classroom setting, I do enjoy how interactive and creative I can be with sharing my ideas.

Pros

Jamboard is a great tool for collaboration, where users can share their ideas on a particular concept, which can be done using the "anyone can edit" link option. I like the various creative approaches that can be taken to make learning more engaging and creative.

Cons

I wish there were more template options in Jamboard such as with more marker options, more options for background choices, or the option to add media content such as music and videos.

Camila from Universidad de Buenos Aires

Just one thing

Besides all, I think it is a great platform, and allows us to have our online classes almost as if they weren't online. Love google jamboards

Pros

With the quarantine universities had to turn to online platforms to continue with the lessons. Jambords is a GREAT way to review a design project. It's the closest to a present correction I've seen online. Very well developed, and the fact that is from google makes everything easier, everything is sync.

Cons

One thing I think that maybe can be improved in some way is that with our classmates and professors we have to create a meeting (with google meet) to be able to listen to each other. So we have both pages opened, and if jamboards included an option for having a videocall while everybody is on the same jam, would be much much easier to use. And another detail would be that, for example, we have a group of 10 people on one jam, one person is drawing on and talking about the first page, but the others have already switched to the second one, or the third, and the person drawing doesn't realize that nobody is seeing what he is trying to say because they thoughth he was oon the first page, so then he realizes it, he tells everybody to return to the first one, and has to explain again. That happened MANY times on my lessons, it would be great if everybody could see just one page, and if one person changes it, it would change for everybody. Anyway, that would mess up everything when students try to put their work on a page, because you can't do anything while somebody is on another page, so MAYBE there can also be an option that allows you to "modify" so that you can modify a page without bothering the others. Obviously, while the presentation is going on people are not on modify, so in that way you gain something too, nobody accidentally modifies another person's work while watching the lesson, which has also happened many times.

Ada Jocabeth from self employed

A board with an intuitive, fun and collaborative desing.

It's a quick and easy tool for teaching, taking notes, brainstorming, and much more. In my classes, I use it to teach math and it is very useful when writing math language. You can work in collaboration with other people in real-time thanks to the fact that it's now integrated with Google Meet and you can project on a Chromecast. In addition, Jamboard integrates easily with Google Drive and is stored in the cloud. With the recent updates on mobile and tablet, it has improved a lot, please add more tools and a color palette.

Pros

What I like about this platform is that you can interact with your students and colleagues at the same time from their phones, tablets, and PCs. It's integrated with Google Meet, which makes it a basic tool for all your meetings. Also, you can add images, notes, change the background, and use different types of pencils and shapes, which makes it more creative and fun.

Cons

For those who are not used to it, Jamboard works like slides instead of an infinite page, which can lose the sequence or relationship of the notes. It would be good if the developers added tools to interact with the images on the board and select the objects, also add more fonts and a color palette.

Sara from The Hub Project

Jamboard is my jam when working from home

Jamboard allows team members to take a deeper dives into the do-outs of a meeting. Rather than just ask questions, suggest comments, or pose other ideas - we're able to get all this down in writing and more.

Pros

I like that it is a product of Google and as a consequence, Jamboard integrates well with G Suite. It's a nice extension that gives people what they want during remote meetings: collaboration, visibility, and transparency, and fun!

Cons

When too many people use the platform as the same time, some post-it notes go missing. I'm not sure why that is the case. It could be a glitch or technical error, perhaps?

Sarah from Anderson District One

Jamboard for Teachers

Jamboard is a wonderful resource for both teachers and students. I have enjoyed sharing it with teachers in my district and love to see the variety of ways it is used in the classroom.

Pros

As a K-12 Instructional Technologist, I use and recommend Jamboard quite often. Jamboard is a great place for teachers and students to collaborate, share ideas, and respond to learning. I commonly use Jamboard during Professional Development for teachers to leave sticky notes and brainstorm with colleagues in addition to providing feedback for me.

Cons

I love all of the updates Jamboard has made this year. Teachers wanted a way to insert text without using a sticky note and that was added this year. They have also requested to be able to lock items in place so that those interacting with their Jamboard won't be able to delete the items.

gessica from Studio Artificio

Industry: Architecture & Planning

A platform option for shared online poster creation

In general, I like it very much and I find it very agile and useful in creating shared tasks creatively and in addition to written communication, the team likes to work with reference images, and the main thing is that the layout is simple, beautiful and easy and it breaks a little routine of the screens.

Pros

The platform is very easy to use, the team makes an interactive task board creatively, with the actions of each member. very easy to manipulate and edit through smartphones, it is agile, with a cheerful interface and breaks the monotony of so many everyday screens.

Cons

Although I like and use the platform a lot, one thing I think is bad is that the page size that cannot be formatted makes the work screen limited and that is why some work panels need to be split so they don't get tangled up.

Elena from Freelance

Learn and have fun with Jamboard

The benefits are unquestionable. There are almost no limits in the collaboration between the participants in the learning process and the class presentation. You can save all your frames or select them. Students can share their knowledge and express their ideas visually.

Pros

The most impactful feature may be the Sticky notes- with their bright colors and the option to change their places on the board or rotate them. They are great for writing short remarks, questions, and comments. They might be used as exit tickets at the end of each lesson. As a whole, it is very easy to use this digital whiteboard. You can integrate it immediately into your teaching.

Cons

There are some drawbacks when using the Jamboard. For instance, you cannot embed videos. But you can use animated pictures, also Bitmoji, and Google Chrome Extensions (for files). Some teachers (and students) might find it difficult to draw on the board with a mouse. In this case, they can use their phones and make the drawings with fingers.

Margaret from VJEC

Jamboard: the blackboard of computer screen

It really help me a lot during the corona days as i was teaching my students online. I could explain the problem clearly using this app and seems just like the blackboard in schools

Pros

It gives a platform or screen for us to write on phones or laptops. Its clarity and background is perfectly designed for writing in a eay other could understand.

Cons

It must include provisions for inserting figures and slides and should help to download the matter writing on it in pdf format.

Rahul from University of New Mexico

I love the Jamboard.

The best tool we have had to deal with the ongoing pandemic situation in the educational and business industries.

Pros

It is by far the best online, live sharing board I have come across. My professor uses this in all his classes to explain and collaborate concepts.

Cons

The mobile interface can be better. I have seen time lags when there more than 5 people using the board at the same time.

Priya from Davis

My Virtual White Board

During distance learning, it is my virtual whiteboard, on which I can write my agenda, objectives, and actual teaching content.

Pros

We can present, teach, share and compile ideas on to the Jamboard with its virtual multicolored post-it notes. I have also used it as a tool to answer questions, gather ideas, and signups for other activities.

Cons

I like most of its features, perhaps if we had the option for each post-it to automatically be placed on the blank parts of the board, as opposed to, being piled on top of each other, as people write on them.

Emily from AACPS

Google’s Great Online Interactive Whiteboard

I’ve really enjoyed using Jamboard with my second graders and fellow teachers. During quarantine and E-Teaching, this has been a great way to interact with students, letting them jump in and add notes and pictures for group projects, or even to brainstorm new ideas with other teachers. Even though I don’t have the hardware, I’ve enjoyed using Jamboard, and so have the students!

Pros

Jamboard is a quick and easy interactive whiteboard software. It has many easy to use tools, such as sticky notes, drawing, adding pictures, and more. Multiple people can join the Jamboard online to edit and view it simultaneously, which makes it great for collaboration! On top of that, because Jamboard is a part of the Google Suite, any board you make is automatically saved on your Google Drive, and as someone who often forgets where documents are stored, that is amazing!

Cons

The software doesn’t have quite as many features as other interactive whiteboard softwares, such as SMART. Also, similar to SMART, the software is great, but the hardware can be very expensive.

gessica from Studio Artificio

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Excellent product and easy to deploy in the team

My experience with jamboard is great, its features are very complete.The platform is robust and with a simple and easy to use interface.

Pros

I found the jamboard product with a very beautiful virtual poster interface, easy to handle, and with many features and functionality.

Cons

Although Jamboard has a very beautiful virtual poster interface, easy to handle, I think it's bad that you can't scale a larger paper.

Reasons for Choosing Jamboard

Jamboard was the best virtual poster I found and the easiest to deploy on the team.

Seon from COSTAATT

Every teacher should be using this.

As a lecturing teaching virtual I was looking for a digital tool to increase engagements in my classroom and encourage collaboration. Jamboard was the ideal solutions for me and it has been my go to tool for icebreakers, fun activities and group projects.

Pros

Jamboard is a digital collaboration too that I use frequently in my classroom for teaching. I love how easy it it to set up and then share with students. The user interface is simple, inviting and does not intimidate the user. Jamboard allows me to virtually engage students ans encourage them to participate in activities. All this is done in real time and I can promptly provide feedback.

Cons

I would like to see more tool suited for artist, like different brushes and mixing options. This would be of great value to me as an art teacher. I would also appreciate if they would add greater control options when sharing a Jamboard. I want to be able to prevent students from deleting or moving certain items on each Jamboard page.

Patsy from DDES

Jamboard for Online Teaching Rocks!

I had a good experience with it and loved using it in the classroom!

Pros

It was easy to use, it offered a good variety of tools to use, it was simple, it kept the kids engaged virtually!

Cons

Teaching online, in general was hard at first, so the initial process of it, but once I learned it, it was easy.

Reasons for Choosing Jamboard

It was what another admin mentioned... I didn't know about it at first.

Brandon from Round Rock ISD

Great Service!

Pros

Jamboard makes it very easy to draw useful diagrams for my students.

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like about the product.

Pamela from PS 226

Jamboard is great for teaching!

Love Jamboard! Total game changer for teaching remotely! Love being able to show my kids how to do their math.

Pros

I absolutely love using Jamboard while I am remote teaching! It is so easy to use. I can add my math slides and manipulate them while presenting to my class! They can see how to do everything the way I want them to!

Cons

I would love to see the ability to add links that are videos or songs. Currently I can’t because they don’t have sound when they play.

Katie from Fiesta4Hope

Jamboard Review

Pros

I like how it really feels like a whiteboard - it allows for a lot of collaboration.

Cons

I wish there was another way to type on it.

Alexandra from ILIGRA

Great for teams that need to frequently collaborate and use Google products a lot

Good. Served the purpose of having many people collaborate at the same time

Pros

That it merges with all the other Google products and that it is so so easy to use. We could simply jump on and start using it

Cons

The tools for editing and sketching are quite simple and basic. Maybe some more tools could offer a richer experience.

Anuththara from Northshore Campus

Easy and fun whiteboard tool for virtual learning

Great platform for live teaching.

Pros

Simple user friendly software with ease of use. Supports to interact with students in virtual classrooms.

Cons

More features could be added to enhance the quality such as laser pointer, scaling pages and more functional settings.

My Go-To for Brainstorming!

Overall I have had a great experience with this product, it's very user-friendly!

Pros

Jamboard is great for brainstorming with teammates during virtual meetings. It has been a great solution for us since we have all been working from home during the pandemic. Our Product team also asked me how they would be able to continue doing whiteboarding sessions with candidates since we can no longer do in person interviews. I was happy to be able to recommend this software to them. Jamboard is great for taking notes and presenting concepts in an easy to understand and visually appealing way.

Cons

I would like to be able to write text directly on the board without needing to use a sticky note since that can be distracting.

Chad from James Wood High School

A virtual whiteboard for Google users

Pros

I really like some of the tools offered in Jamboard such as the drawing tool that will analyze what you've drawn and give you suggestions as to what it is. Being able to collaborate with others in your Jam can be essential in many situations including education. It's new integration with Meet also adds a new layer to Jamboard's use in schools.

Cons

The one reason we don't use Jamboard more is that there isn't a revision history. So if a student does something inappropriate we can't verify who the student was like in many of Google's other tools.

Carly from Stevenson High School

Great resource for virtual collaboration

Overall, the use of this software was seamless and easy to teach others how to use.

Pros

This software was an easy platform for students to be in different places but still be able to all view the same assignment and collaborate together.

Cons

When uploading screenshots, the users were able to move the background and there was no way to lock the background in place.

Juan Jesús from Persano Mx

útil para expresar ideas

Es útil para expresar ideas en general resuelve cuando requieres de presentar lluvias de ideas.

Pros

La facilidad para trabajar simultáneamente en un mismo espacio de trabajo por equipos de 10 personas.

Cons

Al descargar en pdf la resolución es baja y es difícil entender los elementos pequeños

Stephanie from The Calvary Academy

Jamboard

Overall experience has been okay. I wish there were more features available.

Pros

I like the idea of having an electronic whiteboard on my ipad, so that I can use it while teaching.

Cons

I wish that there was the ability to record while using the app. It would be beneficial to post on Google Classroom at the end of a lesson.

easy to use with my team

My team uses it very easily in meetings and brainstorms. We love!

Pros

It is easy to use with my team and we are able to organize ideas in a practical way in which everyone can participate

Cons

card editing is a little bad. could improve in that sense since the letters are very small in the post its.

Free online collaboration whiteboard

Positive; will use it when free online collaboration is needed

Pros

- It's free - It allows 20+ users to work on the same board - Can be accessed from desktop and mobile app

Cons

- Not many features available compared to the standard features available in the space of online collaboration

JAMBOARD

AMAZING

Pros

I LIKED HOW EASY IT IS TO USE. MY STUDENTS LOVED IT ESPECIALLY THAT THEY CAN MODIFY WITH ME DURING THE LESSONS. IT IS SP INTERACTIVE;

Cons

SOMETIMES IT TENDS TO BE SLOW. BUT IT DOENS'T BOTHER THAT MUCH

Ndara from Washington Ethical Society

I am a new user

I’m pleasantly pleased and looking forward to continuing to use it to connect and collaborate with my colleagues.

Pros

Did discovered and explored this software during a collaboration project for my part time job. Since my schedule differs widely from my colleagues this software still provides me the opportunity to collaborate at my convenience.

Cons

Still learning how to use it, I wish there where more ways to edit texts such as adding bullets points or even tagging people to your post. These may already exist but I haven’t learned enough about the software to figure it out.

Karen from Rockwood School District

Great tool for Collaboration in a Virtual Classroom

By using Jamboard, we are encouraging collaboration among classmates. As a class, we can easily share ideas and see everyone's ideas in one place when using Jamboard.

Pros

The versatility of this resource in my virtual classroom has proved quite helpful in giving students a voice when teaching online. This tool has made collaboration easier & I've found discussions have gone deeper, too.

Cons

This resource is very versatile, but I would love to see the editing features broaden to allow others users (besides Google users) to utilize this resource more easily.

Paul from Red River High School

Jamboard provides a simple easy to use collaborative interface.

This has provided an easy to use collaborative interface that allows me to present and interact with students.

Pros

Like many Google products Jamboard is easy to use and is easy to share with collaborators.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I really dislike about it. It does have a pretty minimalistic interface, so sometimes getting started for new people is a hurdle but after that it is fine. Might be missing some features that people would like but I appreciate that it is simple and not complicated.

Kelvin from N/A

Great collaborative web tool

Ease of use, no further instructions needed, it just feels very natural to jump in and immediately start using.

Pros

Brainstorming virtually is so fun with Jamboard! Sticky notes are quite fun to play with, rotating, resizing. It allows anonymous feedback as well in a collaborative real-time manner. Brilliantly designed. Use cases are virtually unlimited.

Cons

Google workspace/account requirement. If only it is possible to use without, probably a minority which does not have a Gmail account.

Mark from Adzooma

Helping Teams Collaborate

Great! really helps users collaborate and come together to provide ideas and direction once those ideas are down on digital paper!

Pros

I love Jamboard! It's a great collaboration tool that helps users brainstorm ideas down and reorganise those ideas into certain criterias

Cons

No cons at all really, the only thing I would consider is allowing users to pick which parts of the screen there notes generate so it doesn't cover up existing content

Brian from TransLoc

Perfect for remote tech companies

Highly recommend for tech companies or any that are in need of idea sharing and collaboration.

Pros

Perfect for brainstorming sessions. We've used this is help understand needs of customers, innovate, and find priorities in our work. Very easy to use especially as a virtual company.

Cons

It's really easy to use. The only thing that would be nice is a quick walkthrough for a first time user. But that's being nit picky.

Jaime from Grit

Industry: Wine and Spirits

Best app for clients

Pros

Very helpfull to work with clients that are not hard users of technology and remote work

Cons

Image management, I need to drag & drop images.

jake from AZ Crown

Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Waste of Money

Pros

Works great as a 5 figure whiteboard. Want collaboration? more than one marker out? Anything useful? Look elsewhere

Cons

Monthly Fees to maintain your license is just another stick in the eye from this awful product. Seriously, google stay out of consumer electronics

Collaboration

So far I’ve used it during our Nonfiction Book Clubs to allow students to share notes while reading.

Pros

I think this is great for allowing collaboration and student discussions while we’re apart and online.

Cons

Maybe I just haven’t figured this out, but attaching Jamboard to Google Classroom has been difficult.

Very basic collaboration tool

I have used it for collaborating with colleagues and conducting whiteboard interviews with prospective employees.

Pros

The good things about Jamboard is it comes included with your Google Workspace subscription and does help collaborate.

Cons

The features of Jamboard are extremely subpar to those offered in competing tools. You can’t type and it show up at the same time for all users. The interface is very clunky.

Jens from Saint-Gobain Gyproc

Industry: Building Materials

Great interaction with Google Jamboard

Great tool to be interacting with your collegues and its easy to learn.

Pros

The tool is very easy to use and setup. Anyone can use it and you can use it with multiple people at a time. It also provides all the whiteboard features you need, like post its and pens.

Cons

You need a google account to use the software and when you are not part of a board as an admin you cannot delete it.

Heather from ELC Duval

Jamboard is Jampacked Fun

Pros

Jamboard is a great resource for our online training platform and adds fun activities to our training.

Cons

Some of the features take some digging to figure out. Making sure it is set to public and editable is important before use.