(1,579)

1,579

Browse ClickUp Reviews

Julien from Tecnilima

Industry: Import and Export

Melhor software de Produtividade e Gestão!!

Ainda há alguns pormenores a serem trabalhados no software, mas até à data é o software que mais facilita o meu dia a dia. Através do ClickUp, consigo ter todos os detalhes e informação acerca de um projeto à distância de um clique (Emails trocados sobre o projeto, anexos, subtarefas, detalhes, chat, atividade...)

Pros

- Criação de tarefas através dos emails (os emails ficam anexados à tarefa); - Diversas vistas (calendário, lista, tabela, blocos, mapa mental, etc.), todas elas vinculadas às mesmas tarefas; - Possibilidade de ver apenas tarefas e calendário de um projeto específico, ou então de uma visão geral de todos os espaços existentes; - Código/link webcal (iCal) para sincronizar os eventos/tarefas datadas, com o calendário do smartphone; - Automatismos; - Criação de templates.

Cons

- Mobile app pouco desenvolvida na questão do calendário. Só é possível visualizar por hora. - Não é possível criar gráficos para análise de estatísticas. As únicas estatísticas disponíveis são acerca das próprias tarefas (registos, datas e status).

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

O ClickUp é realmente o mais completo e prático para trabalhadores de escritório que utilizam frequentemente emails e realizam projetos no computador. O Clickup vence na funcionalidade prática de criar uma tarefa e anexar um email através do Outlook/Gmail, juntamente com todas as restantes funcionalidades que o tornam tão completo. Já mencionei os restantes prós anteriormente.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

Notion é um software bastante completo e prático. O único pormenor que me despertou e fez-me realizar esta troca foi a funcionalidade de criar tarefas através do Outlook/Gmail e anexar os emails à tarefa de uma forma bastante prática.

Olakunle from Olakunle Oladehin

Very powerful project management tool for freelancers/small businesses

I've been using ClickUp as a project management tool to help oversee subcontractors and give clients insights into how a project is moving along. There are a ton of cool features to dive into even at the free level. I like the ease of switching between a Kanban-like structure to Gantt or Timeline. And more importantly, I like the hierarchy of organization within a workspace. I can organize by Spaces and within each of them have a folder and within each folder have a project. And I can click on any level of the hierarchy to see any projects and tasks to are included.

Pros

The number of features at the free level are enough to tackle 90%+ of all common project needs for those looking for a powerful and cost-effective tool

Cons

Because Click Up also includes features for documents, mind maps, and analytics, it can feel like a lot to manage and understand. I can see some users finding it to be a confusing platform.

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

There were more features are the free level than these other tools.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

I still use Notion for organizing digital content, but it was not as powerful out-of-the-box as a project manager and harder to control permissions/security

Response from ClickUp

Replied July 2021

Hey, Olakunle! Thank you so much for writing this great review! We are so so excited that you've found our Free Forever Plan was able to handle nearly all of your workload and work management needs at a cost-effective price of... no price! Because it will always be free! We definitely understand the overwhelming feeling of learning about ClickUp's endless features, as it can be a lot! However, we have a bunch of helpful documents and videos that can help with this! Check them out here: https://docs.clickup.com/en/ Thanks again for taking the time to write out this awesome review! :)

Andreas from sPeople

Clickup is packed with features, but it needs some polishing

Clickups main strength is to give the user full control over how they want to manage their tasks and checklists, while also give the option to viw them the way they prefer it. There is a bit of a learning curve with clickup, but one you get the hang of it, clickup has the possibility of saving a lot of time (for example with recurring tasks for us). For the productivity freaks like me, clickup is an uncut diamond that need a lot of polishing (mainly better styling in terms of visibility of featues - especially for people with bad eyesight like my girlfriend - but also in terms of using the screen space as optimally as possible). I hope that with time the styling gets updated such that new users can get the same enjoyment out of this system as we have when we applied our own styling to clickup.

Pros

I like that there is so many ways you can customize and view you tasks, which was vital for my girlfriend and i who uses clickup for managing our daily lifes together and for our jobs. The primary reason we switched to clickup was the ability to make recurring tasks, such that we could keep track of maintenace tasks in our home that doesn't have to be done every week. Before i managed this manually for us, but now we have automated this with clickup. In combination with this we wanted to have one system to manage all over our tasks, reminders and notes, which clickup can do for us. We also wanted to be able to switch views, bacause my girldfriend wants to see tasks in a list view, where i prefer a board view, which was what the main thing that convinced my girlfriend to switch over from trello, which doesnt have this feature.

Cons

The main problem we have with clickup is the overall styling and layout of clickup. Mainly many of the colors in the app is too neutral and often just different shades of grey, which makes it hard to distinguish one thing from another. Also the acitivity overview in each task is WAY to big, and it would be cool if this was made an optional thing to view, which was hidden at default or could be set to hidden in the settings because we rarely use it. Lastly the individual elements on the views and for each task has way to much padding around them, which makes it such that you almost cant see any of the important (in my opinion) things on each task, whick is the checklists and the subtasks, which gets pushed out of view when you are rolled to the top of the task, especially when viewing things on a laptop. This also applies to list view, where the tags (which is also hard to read for my girlfriend with bad eyesight) could be moved out to the right instead of being underneath the task name to fill less on the screen so more can be viewed. To try and make up for these problems, i have actually made my own styling to clickup (i am a system developer myself in my daily job) to solve many of the isues we have with it. When these things are solved, clickup becomes much more intuitive and user friendly to us. We hope that with time the styling will improve such that we dont have to make out own styling, but in the meantime we get around these issues by this method.

Letha from Contractor

Game Changer - Get Everything In View & On Track Easily

From onboarding to a year later I'm very happy with how it's worked for myself, the business and the team. I love that I can open my clients space and see exactly where we are at in work production.

Pros

Ease of use, the UI is very intuitive. What I like is the many ways to customize the best workflow for you. And if your business changes it can change with you. The cost is affordable. Again many ways to customize this for your world. For me I've finally found a project management tool that works for my unique instance. The Goals feature is brilliant.

Cons

I only wish the project budgeting, tracking and time tracking functionality worked better as a whole.

Cost and UI.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

We were looking for something that had the best of both, but also more customizations and features like tracking goals and sprints. The UI is also very attractive.

Response from ClickUp

Replied June 2021

Hey, Letha! Thanks for the kind words to describe your ClickUp experience! We appreciate users, like yourself, taking the time out of your day to share how ClickUp has made your life just a little more productive! It is music to our ears! We are dedicated to improving all of our features, including time tracking and possibly budgeting! Feel free to check out our feedback boards to see what exciting things we have on the horizon! Check it out here: https://clickup.canny.io/

Muhammad from Lithium Strategy Inc.

Diamond in the rough

A good start. Has the potential to become a great contender to market leaders like JIRA, Asana, and Monday.com etc. But they really need to beef up their UX and optimizations teams. They really need to stop adding more fringe features, and focus more on polishing the essential, core functions.

Pros

Has a LOT of features. Very flexible in theory & concept and allows you to play with your data, plans, timelinnes, tasks etc in many many ways to find the insight you're looking for.

Cons

Too many micro-features. Sometimes when you try to appeal to EVERYONE, it makes you look less focused and cluttered. There's so much of tiny little fidgets and trinkets in there that sometimes it gets a bit stressful trying to navigate the interface. Also the apps, and more importantly the notifications need a LOT of TLC. A long way to go before I can completely abandon the web/desktop apps for mobile version.

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

Great marketing materials, documentation, and initial impression of the capabilities.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

Not enough project management & collaboration capabilities.

Nilesh from The Career Gyan

A Complete and Comprehensive Product but Complex interface and usage.

I use ClickUp for project management and to oversee the majority of the tasks that our startup is focused on. It's an outstanding platform for communicating with others. It has assisted us in reducing the number of meetings needed and speeding up procedures by three times. Once we were familiar with the interface, our productivity and project management improved significantly.

Pros

The ease of Project Management is bliss to experience on ClickUp. Any project manager/manager/team leader can easily create and assign projects and tasks to their coworkers, team members, subordinates, etc. Also, the ease of scheduling and setting due dates is extremely helpful especially for companies like us, that are just starting up and don't have dedicated project managers, ClickUp helps to ease the role by a lot. The inbox feature in ClickUp is really useful as it provides an intricate to-do list and tells you exactly what you have to do and everything. ClickUp integrates well with numerous tools. Most of the tools, that we were using, were available in ClickUp integration and hence, it increased our productivity further.

Cons

ClickUp has a lot of functions, and it can be difficult to work out what they are and how to use them. To anyone, who is using it for the first time, I would recommend that please spend some time getting to know the tool before attempting to use it. It would save you a lot of time in the long run. ClickUp has some wonderful functionality that would be lost if they were not adequately used and streamlined. Also, some of the features that I feel could have been better are budgeting and KPIs.

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

Due to a shortage of budget, we were looking for products that would help us reduce our costs and optimize our productivity and ClickUp really shined over other products' cost-effective version, due to its collaboration tools and integration tools. When it comes to working in teams, ClickUp is one of the finest products and felt like a one-stop solution for our team.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

The number of free features provided by ClickUp outnumbers the ones in Asana. ClickUp was extremely essential for our company for cutting costs and increasing our productivity.

Ashleigh from Ashleigh Easthorpe

Industry: Writing and Editing

Simple Task Management Made Possible

I love that I can see all my business planning and project management in one place while still have some separation between task types or clients. ClickUp's free plan also offers a generous amount of features when compared to Trello or Asana, which I've used before. ClickUp is prettier than most task management tools I've used while still packing a punch where function is concerned. Great for the minimalist solopreneur who still wants to have systems in place.

Pros

I love the status and lists feature. You can personalize both features to work for you. The templates give a wonderful guideline of how both features can be used, but there is no limit to the creativity, or simplicity you can set in place when customizing your ClickUp experience. You don't have to use all the bells and whistles, but if you do, ClickUp has the functionality for you!

Cons

There was a bit of a learning curve. It is only after a video walkthrough from another ClickUp user, that I was able to truly make ClickUp work for me.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

I wasn't enjoying the look of Trello anymore so I switched back to Asana, which I used at the beginning of my journey as an entrepreneur. I just couldn't get back into it and felt like my tasks were still all over the place. SO MANY CLICKS!

Jhara from TEAM Enterprises

"Fabulous task organizer"

With ClickUp, the amount of emails that are received daily is easily managed and it has also helped me with my tasks and my projects at an affordable price, My experience is positive and I recommend it

Pros

ClickUp is simple and easy to use; It is not overloaded with very specific functions that are only available in some particular cases, I have previously used Asana and appreciate the flexibility that ClickUp offers

Cons

Because there's so much that can be done by clicking and it's so customizable that it can be overwhelming at first so many functions, it can be a bit difficult to navigate and find things. Everything else is great and I have no complaints

Change because I felt more comfortable with ClickUp

Ricardo from The Oxford School

A complete set of tools that simplify both personal and team projects

Very positive. Love the synchronization with G Suite Calendar, how easy it is to create tasks, delegate, track, etc.

Pros

Flexibility: ClickUp is really effective at organizing projects ranging from simple lists of tasks to complex endeavours that require the participation of huge teams.

Cons

Document management: I know this is not the main purpose of ClickUp, but the creation of native ClickUp documents is a bit cumbersome. When exporting to PDF, printing or just rearranging tables tends to be a challenge. This negates the simplicity of the other features. Again, a minor hiccup to me as we tend to rely on G Suite for this.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

To-Do is far too simple for more challenging projects

Marco from DNDMRC91S29L400X

Seggerimenti sul prodotto

positiva, acquisteremo licenza in ufficio per gestione progetti

Pros

semplice e ben integrato con slack, intuitivo e comodo per gestire i task degli sviluppatori

Cons

il costo è un pò eccessivo rispetto ad altri presenti sul mercato il setup e gestione delle autorizzazioni nel team si può migliorare

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

scelta collettiva con gli altri membri del team, meglio integrato con altri software utilizzati dagli sviluppatori

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

più orientato alla gestione dei task degli sviluppatori, meglio organizzato ed integrato con gli altri strumenti utilizzati dagli sviluppatori

Mike from The iM Agency

Flexible Project Management

One caution, the power can be consuming. The ability to customize the workflow has in itself become overwhelming and you could find yourself down a rabbit hole of rearranging views of the data. Change is good but constant change can cause confusion. I believe any size organization can use the power of ClickUp to manage a wide range of projects. As our company grows we have found it a necessary tool to keep track of the multitude of tasks that need to be accomplished in a week. Expect to take some time to make ClickUp work for your team. The setup is easy. The customization will take some time to get right.

Pros

ClickUp allows for any workflow that fits your team and makes it easy to rinse and repeat that workflow over and over. On the upper plans, your individual team members can also save personal views that work for them. This level of personalization allows people of different personalities to work their own way to accomplish the same project. The new email system has been a game-changer for our team. Now everyone can see the communication with our clients within the project.

Cons

While the templating system is a time saver there is no option to retroactively update an applied template when making changes. So changes that you make to a templated project can only be applied to future projects. I think personal views should be available on lower-cost plans.

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

We choose ClickUp because at the time it had the best templating system.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

We simply outgrew the Trello lists and cards.

Irfan from DatumSquare IT Services

Great Tool for My Small Projects

I loved it overall especially because of its pricing as compared to some of the other options in the market.

Pros

Great experience with the product initially I was a bit hesitant to use and recommend it because I did not know about the product at all but once I started using it I fell in love with it. ClickUp support is excellent and the team behind its development is vibrant because one can see with frequent improvements and updates to the platform They keep on adding innovative features to the product which you will not find in your conventional project management software

Cons

It can be difficult in start because of so many things in place but once you get to know the features you fell in love but start can be cumbersome. Because of so many of the features initial set up can be difficult for some.

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

Because of its cost I chose ClickUp for many other products I needed to pay for features which I don't need or don't use.

Bakari from Bakari Media

ClickUp: The Best Task Management Application I’ve Ever Used

It was pretty easy to get started using ClickUp, though it has many features to learn and use. I also found it pretty easy to transfer my many of project lists in Todoist over into ClickUp.

Pros

I've used over eight different task management applications over the last 10 years, and finally ClickUp solves 90% of my path management needs. It seems like ClickUp offers new features and updates on a nearly weekly basis. It includes several different ways to view tasks and projects, as well as the ability to keep track of goals and milestones. I like how I can easily create templates for projects, tasks, and lists, as well as archive lists for later use. The development framework for ClickUp allows developers to keep adding features to the application, but at the same time maintain the core user interface. Though I don't use ClickUp as part of a team, it does come in handy when I invite and share projects or tasks list with guests. ClickUp may be more than what many people need, but it is one of the best applications I pay an annual subscription for.

Cons

I wish ClickUp allowed for assigning reminders to individual tasks rather than assigning universal reminders to all scheduled tasks.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

Though Todoist is a nicely designed application, it provides on a few ways to view projects, and it doesn’t include built-in automations.

Brandon from Words Have Impact, LLC

Flexible Tool That Has Allowed Us to Scale Our Project Management Capabilities

We turned to ClickUp because we were quickly outgrowing to-do lists with Trello. We found that ClickUp could do about 90% of what the competition could, but at one fifth of the cost. ClickUp has turned out to be an important collaboration and project tracking tool for us, and we feel confident that it can grow with us into the future.

Pros

* Numerous ways to customize the software to fit your workflow. * Great way to keep all resources needed for a project in one easy-to-access place * Allows a number of guests, which makes it easy to share resources with clients * LOTS of ways to view your projects and data * Multiple ways to access each function; each user can find their own way to access needed information * Daily work summaries * Good communication tool * System is smart enough to make guesses as to what you want to do--for example, if you paste multiple lines of text into a task name field, it will ask if you want to create multiple tasks

Cons

* System can be slow/laggy sometimes * Requires a bit of setup/customization. It can be done, but adds to the learning curve. * Needs a module to create bills/invoices from a template given tasks that are done (they say they've been working on this for a few years...) * Takes getting used to all the features and ways to display data

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

ClickUp had 90% of the features that Wryke had, but at one fifth of the cost. I will say that Wryke's sales and onboarding team were amazing, whereas ClickUp's is almost non-existant-- it's mostly going to be DIY for you. So, for a very large organization, that might not be good. But for a small business that wanted to customize a lot anyway, ClickUp was a no-brainer.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

Not powerful enough as a project tracking tool. Trello could be expanded using the appropriate plugins, but getting just the right functionality would have ended up costing us more than getting a software package specifically made for the kind of project management we do. Out of the box, Trello just lacked features we needed, such as scheduled reminders, guest access, automation tools, etc.

Filip from CoMantis Ltd.

Flexible, Intuitive & Full of Features

Now that I’ve used it for almost a year, I feel very confident in its abilities. It took me a while to understand how to use all of its functionalities but it wasn’t hard, it just took time. Now I can build really useful systems with it, from client portals to even advanced relationship management and client engagement solutions. I’ve set it up so it’s useful to me and my team but the overall feeling is that it drives me to do work rather than to track time or check on tasks or look at reports. It really focusses all members to complete tasks!

Pros

I really like how it allows you to create any structure. Using spaces, folders and lists, I can segment clients in different spaces, organize projects in folders and use lists for project stages. I like how they offer many templates (I recommend every newbie to start from there) with ready functionality like agile project management or even a light CRM. I also like to use their native apps on desktop and mobile because they’re intuitive and easy to get into.

Cons

One must have some experience with productivity tools to get into the useful features. Because the system offers such a high level of flexibility, it demands an organized and streamlined implementation to get the best benefit out of the product. Although extremely easy to configure, one needs to have experience in generating reports to understand how to build the dashboard widgets optimally. A lot of time can be spent on understanding how the system works and at the beginning it feels like nothing is happening.

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

ClickUp gives me the best value for money over all other products I investigated. I needed a tool that gives me all functionalities for one price, not to be very expensive and to have high level of automation capabilities. ClickUp also has very good control over the entire process i.e. when configured properly, it also guards me from making mistakes by choosing an easier option and causing havoc in the organization.

Matthew from Matthew R. Semaka PC

ClickUp Review

Excellent - I am a sole proprietor and therefore only require a single user license. ClickUp has an option when you are determining your pricing to propose a price that you would like to pay for the program. No minimum 3 user requirement like Monday.com which shows the company truly supports the start-up companies.

Pros

Importing of existing tasks from both an excel file or another cloud-based program (i.e. Monday.com) was extremely easy and the instructions were very straight-forward. This saved me significant time when I made the decision to transition from a competitor. The ClickUp iOS app is very user-friendly and sync time to the desktop is instant. Being able to customize space layouts, duplicate tasks and/or previously prepared templates, and set re-occurring tasks (which creates a new task upon completion) make it superior to other products.

Cons

At this point in time I have no areas of improvement for the program. There were some limitations with the free trial, however, this is consistent with all other program trials.

Layout and pricing.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

Monday.com forced a single user to pay for 3 users at a rate of $11/month = $396.00 / year. Not even a one-year option at a single user rate was offered. ClickUp accommodated my proposed monthly rate for a single user which the regular price is only $6/month. ClickUp is superior to Monday.com.

Douglas from Team Expansion

Finally - We found a Task Management App that thinks like WE do

It's awesome, honestly. My teammate (Executive Assistant and Projects/Events Coordinator) can see my list and add/revise as needed. (I've given her that permission.) I can create tasks for her -- and it notifies me when she completes them and nags me to prompt her if she doesn't. We can have threaded conversations about a unique task - so it keeps everything tidy. (We honestly need to remember to do this more often. It would eliminate threads of emails that aren't attached to tasks!)

Pros

ClickUp updates its interface across multiple devices instantly. It looks exactly the same on the web as it does in Windows - and functions exactly the same in iPhone. It lets us do recurring tasks (with incredibly exacting control over exactly how those tasks recur). We can "email a task" to ClickUp from Outlook and finally clear out our inbox (so we don't fall into the trap of using our inbox AS our to do list - which is deadly, because one's inbox is not easy to prioritize. Who KNOWS what lies beyond the deep. With Clickup, we just go to the task, grab the unique address link for that individual task, then forward the email to the that unique address link. And it's so FAST. Nearly instantly, that email's contents and any attachments now become part of the threaded conversation (and attachments) to that task! That's EXACTLY what we would have designed if we were inventing our own task management app!! We can create a "start" date for a task. (In other words, please get this out of my sight until March 20th, 2024. On that date, start nagging me that this task needs to be completed by April 1st 2024!) Then we can forget about it for now. It's the ulimate stress-reliever. Most everything is super quick, too -- even though we have scores of tasks. The iOS app is available offline if you've viewed it. And the desktop app integrates with Outlook, they say (even though our own Outlook Exchange server hasn't given us the power to integrate outside apps, sadly). Tons more features

Cons

There's not a lot. I guess if I'm going to be picky, it feels awkward to me once my list has like... 50 or 70 items in the stack, to find the item I just added and try to move it manually around the list to some level of prioritization. Granted, I should probably only allow 10 things on my list, but ... if I have to do 70 things and they're all high priority, what am I supposed to do? There's a dropdown box upper right that supposedly lets me assign it a numerical priority, but it doesn't appear to work -- at least to me -- because I have my filters set up to keep dates in mind, I guess? Honestly, I've never made time to ask the company why it doesn't work. So even if I say I'd like the item to be number 5 in a list of 70, it still shows up after item 65. But I'm sure it's just me. It's still not a huge deal to grab the little 'handle' on that item and slide it up in priority. (I'm just glad it lets me manually assign the priority - both in the Windows app and on iphone.) Honestly, I can't think of anything else I'd change. (It's really that good.)

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

Oh my goodness. We could write a book. Love the added integration that Clickup affords for attaching emails to conversation threads -- with included attachments -- so we can get to inbox zero and see (and prioritize!) everything. Seeing the trees - and the forest -- is so much easier when we get things out of our inboxes! So many of these platforms have a unique paradigm. Clickup lets us organize the filters the way WE want to filter tasks. Notion can let us set up tasks in a custom database, but Notion still doesn't offer a solution for recurring tasks. Clickup has it ALL.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

Clickup was MUCH stronger in integrating emails, attachments, start dates, team assignments, and more. No comparison. Manual movements in iOS. iOS comparing to Web/Windows apps. Speed. And favorable price comparison too!

Cherry from HP

I switched to ClickUp and Never Looked Back

I explored so many tools related to Project Management and my team's task monitoring for years. But, it felt incomplete. There are features that other platforms has but was never rolled into one. When I came across ClickUp, i tried its free account. I fell in love immediately. It did not take me long to avail the paid account. I was surprised it did not stop there. They have been continuously evolving. All new features came from feedback they get from their customers. So, yes - i love that they listen to customers. And all features they deploy are adding value. Sorry if its all praises, ClickUp never paid me to do this *i swear*. I pay for their product and i'm soooo satisfied. Happy customer here.

Pros

It continuously evolving. It never stopped progressing and all those that they have been adding are all added value. I'm truly amazed how this tool have been helping me track all projects and initiatives we have been handling the past year. It made it easy for me to check in with my team and track down our progress on each individual tasks. This tool gives us strong collaboration and connection especially now that we are all working from home.

Cons

I super love this product but if there's anything i love the least is i hope they improve gantt / timeline view further as well as the Form view.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

It felt like Trello was limited on the project management side of things.

Ben from Georgian

Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

A joy to use

Outstanding product and support from the team, including the pre-created resources. Very easy to get started and be productive.

Pros

The user experience of ClickUp is outstanding while also providing power users the functionality they need. The best thing about ClickUp has been the changes to how we work. We had tried other products before but they never really stuck (Monday, Jira, Asana etc.). ClickUp is the first platform we have used consistently and everyone at the firm has found value from.

Cons

Would like to see even more external connection capabilities to further integrate ClickUp into other applications. The existing Zapier integration is good but exposing more of the API via Zapier and Tray.io would be very helpful.

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

Ease of use, vision of the product, quality of the support from the team (when we had questions).

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

Jira is a unweidly and no one liked using it. Our teams actually enjoy using ClickUp.

Melody from Renewal Christian Counseling Inc

Industry: Mental Health Care

Great collaborating task app! Takes a minute to learn, but changes everything once you do!

ClickUp has revolutionized our agencies ability to track tasks and to be able to collaborate as a team! I have multiple "Spaces" set up within my workspace that help me keep my life and job organized. Here are some of the spaces that I have: 1. Work tasks - private list that only me and who I add can see (shared with my direct boss so she knows where I'm at and can collaborate w me), Sorted into lists based on topic 2. Personal tasks - I put to-dos here for my personal life, so I don't forget to do those things either! Even though I'm in the "Workspace" for my employer, I can set up a list for myself that only I can see! 3. Administrative Staff shared workspace - this is a space where all of the administrative staff at the agency can collaborate, organize tasks, assign between each other and maintain our productivity! 4. Accreditation Space: Our agency is accredited through an organization called CARF and in order to maintain this accreditation, we have to comply with over 1,500 standards! It's a huge job and a lot to track! Our most recent project has been to enter, set tracking and assign all of these standards to members of our "CARF Team!" My job is to basically be the secretary for all of the information and make sure it's completed on time and to track all of the paperwork and data, so it's available when our next accreditation survey rolls around. There is NO WAY that this level of tracking and organization would be possible without ClickUp! This is a game changer!

Pros

This is a great task app! For me, one of most important feature is the ability to collaborate with others in your team! We have multiple "teams" of people throughout our agency and we have various "Spaces" set up for the different teams to track tasks and make sure we aren't missing details! Here are a few of my other favorite features: 1. Tasks can be assigned to specific team members within the space 2. Folders can be shared with those not on the team to make collaborating easier 3. There is a ton of customization options for tasks to help you such as: priority level, due dates, tags, creating dependencies in tasks (which links tasks so you know you can't do one until you do the other), leaving notes/comments on the tasks so you remember where you left off or to @mention someone and converse with them. 4. There are multiple ways to view tasks like in a list or on a calendar, board view, etc (or multiple views combined!) 5. You can view all tasks assigned to everyone or just those assigned to you and you can sort how the tasks are organized on your "view"

Cons

It takes a minute to learn the features and understand the possibilities. The fact that there are so many options is amazing! However, there is definitely a learning curve in understanding how the program works and getting a feel for how to set things up and utilize them in a way that is best for you.

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

Microsoft To-Do's can collaborate, but it is clear that it is not made for the same level of ability as ClickUp. The functions of ClickUp far supercede To-Do's and the interface is much smoother. We can to To-Do's cheaper, but it wasn't everything we needed. Syncing is poor between devices and the app is "clunky." I do still use To-Do's but just for my grocery shopping and packing lists and very basic items like that. I also used Asana briefly and this was a pretty comparable product to ClickUp in terms of prices and features. However, ultimately ClickUp seemed to be the more user friendly and had one of the best and most understandable interfaces.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

Wunderlist discontinued their services and transferred over to Microsoft to-do. All of our administrative team used this program and we were forced to look elsewhere when support was discontinued for this app.

Rudolf from Footprint

Best of all for tasks and project management

Pros

I've tried them all, both the well-known project management tools and the newer ones, more document-oriented. ClickUp has the absolute best development team, listens to their community's voting platform and reveals new features every week. At the same time, their packages are reasonably priced, so affordable for many. We run a small real estate development company with ClickUp.

Cons

Their UI could be cleaner and their mobile app should be relaunched for sure. With their latest implementation of 'Automation' it looks very promising, and I hope they can keep up with the new players and make ClickUp more document oriented.

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

While I like the document-oriented approach of the other apps, ClickUp has one of the most mature task and project management products.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

While Asana is known for being slow in their development, ClickUp actually implements the features their users are asking for.

Len from Cirious

truely, one app to replace them all

we needed an application that would help us manage several diverse projects in parallel, with as minimal overhead as possible while still being able to keep us on track. Ease of use and adoption was important for us also as a small company we cannot afford much downtime to train. we've developed several web/mobile apps ourselves and we must give kudos to the ClickUp team for an excellent job with their product. We are looking for to using it even more over the coming year.

Pros

excellent featureset ! we are able to move from one view to another seamlessly which has been great in helping manage our (too) many projects. The tool is very flexible / configurable as well. We've used many task/to-do/project management apps over the past decade and this ClickUp is definitely the most comprehensive and flexible we've used. Their tagline, "One app to replace them all." i thought a bit boastful...until we used it for a few week. They have earned the tagline...several times over... Also - we are still using the free version. Have not found it necessary to upgrade (yet).

Cons

minor..a few more videos on how best practices/how to use would be appreciated. Also - would love to be able to easily annotate / leave notes with pen input...though that may prove impractical.

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

1. the vast featureset 2. ease of viewing projects from different perspectives (timeline, board, mindmap, calendar...etc.)

James from SaveTrees Online Tinesheets

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Don’t bother with alternatives

Wouldn’t work without it. It’s made everything in our business organised from development tasks to marketing everything is neatly compartmentalised and we know what needs to be done by who and when with as much detail, from high level to granular, as we want.

Pros

We used Monday for about 6-8 weeks and after paying a really high price, realised that they arbitrarily stopped us from having the use of certain features so I went on the hunt to find something else and I found ClickUp which ticked all the boxes and boxes we didn’t even know needed tucking. It’s free up to a point so if you’re small, they help you to a point of being able to afford them which is just great and a stark contrast to Monday. I’ve become a bit of an evangelist for ClickUp because their software has been so incredibly useful to us and we still haven’t given them a penny (but we’re due to soon and happy to).

Cons

There’s so much functionality that it takes a little getting used to but it’s worth it and for the level of functionality it has, it’s as easy to use as it could be. The 2.0 version also has a few bugs but nothing critical and they roll out regular improvements.

Clickup is a life saver!

Awesome Awesome Awesome. I hope they continue growing and improving the product.

Pros

I think we've tried most of the PM solutions on the market: Asana, Monday, Wrike, Teamwork, Airtable, etc. Clickup has been the best, by far. It's flexible and feature-heavy while also being intuitive and easy to use. I am so impressed with their dev team and their persistent determination to make their product better on a weekly basis - amazing! Their lists, Kanbans, calendars, gnatt, timeline, time tracking....the list goes on and on. I feel like we can use their flexible system to create any type of custom workflow for our products and I LOVE that!

Cons

I can't think of anything. They are constantly improving and making things better.

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

Because it had the most features with the most intuitive user interface

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

Because Asana did not provide the big picture structure we needed to oversee all products.

Janne from Lightning Accounting

ClickUp – The best project management app out there

Before ClickUp I used Asana for a while and before that I had a very out-of-date project management tool with a good time-tracking system but which basically required that you had your own lists of tasks somewhere else as creating them and managing due dates was a maze. So, for a long time I used outlook tasks and calendar to manage my time and to make sure I don't forget to do something vital, but there was no hierarchy and the lack of checklists and having an overall scattered system just led to mistakes. ClickUp's Lord-of-the-Ring-ish "One App to Replace Them All" slogan was the single initial thing that caught my attention and I had to see is there any truth in that promise. And I've seen my productivity go up as I spend much less time double-checking have I done this and that and when, and it's tad much easier to organize my upcoming work and plan out my future projects.

Pros

The level of customizability that ClickUp has was exactly what I needed. Too many apps are trying to shoehorn users into a very narrow way of working and organizing the workflow. As a downside, this makes it harder to get started with ClickUp. Another factor that I enjoy is ClickUp's hierarchy, which enables me to plan my monthly work to the tiniest of detail but still get an uncluttered bird eye's view of the major elements and their deadlines. Forms is also a very nice addition and practical when working with customers. Automations are amazing too (though I hope version 2.0 has space-wide and global automations).

Cons

One major thing I'm still struggling with is time tracking with ClickUp. Now when I don't have employees, it's manageable and dashboards can somewhat (with multiple filtered calculations) squeeze out the information that I want, but setting it all up is laborious (and still a few months ago calculations were buggy, but that seem to have been fixed now). What I'd really like to see is an editable calendar view of the time tracked, ability to calculate overtime, etc. Another important feature to me was the ability to set up recurring tasks in a fairly complex way. Basically, most of my customer work is cyclical and repeats more or less the same from month to month. It's not perfect as I'd like to be able to make complete lists recur so that I wouldn't lose my dependencies and while you can get close to this by saving templates, it's still a lot of manual work when you have a lot of lists and then you have to link them all to your dashboards again. I also have a good number of tasks that recur daily (due date change) but at the beginning of the month they should recur as new tasks (to reset time tracking). As a minor wish, I'd like to be able to pin my favorite dashboards. And being able to assign dependencies, due dates and time estimates to checklist items would be a plus (I have a hierarchical way of using tasks, subtasks, and checklists based on the estimated time it takes to complete them and I really don't want to make 1-10 minute items into subtasks).

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

My initial impression was that ClickUp simply seemed to be a better bang for the buck with more features to meet my business needs. And of course once you set up your freemium environment, then play around a bit with the free trial of the business plan, you are pretty much locked in with all the time invested in it as for busy people the cost of switching can be high. And ClickUp is a wonderful software so once you get used to it, you don't really even care to consider the alternatives.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

Asana was okay but ultimately didn't meet my needs – ClickUp did.

Shauna from World Tree Limited

My new best productivity friend

What's not to love? I started using ClickUp as a way to help organize and provide structure to my day. What originally drew me in was its ability to take tasks and break them down into subtasks (with checklists and notes), to turn tasks into calendar items, and to create task-level estimates that can then be tied back to time tracking (with Harvest integration!). I've since started to recommend it to everyone I know, because it's filled that need *and so much more,* without getting difficult to use.

Pros

I came for the features, I've stayed for the customer support. The ClickUp team is constantly taking (and asking for!) feedback and feature requests *and then acting on those requests.* Their request/bug site is full of requests and a very large portion of them have responses from ClickUp and have been implemented. And they have cracked the challenge of having all these features in an easy-to-use interface.

Cons

I really only have two issues: 1. The browser extension has trouble with any cookie blocking settings, and the official solution is to turn off blocking all third party cookies. That's totally not acceptable, because it defeats the purpose of the setting. There are ways to allow the extension to work without opening that gaping hole, and those solutions need to be made the "official" way and the devs need to find a way to make that not necessary to begin with. 2. The desktop application is Electron. It works, and it's kind of nice to have continuity between the web and desktop app, but I think it would unlock so much more power (and reduce its resource footprint) if they invest in making native-code applications. In this day and age, it's easier than ever to be able to do this, so while it is certainly an investment, I think it's a worthwhile one.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

From Asana, specifically, the UI is hands down the big thing. I find Asana's interface to be confusing and have long held the belief that Asana tries to be far more than what it is and should be, and its user experience suffers horribly as a result. A very tech savvy person like myself shouldn't be having tasks fall through the cracks and yet that's exactly what happens for me in Asana -- and exactly what *doesn't* happen for me in ClickUp.

Thomas from Balti Virtual

ClickUp comes out on top

I was brought onto a team of artists, developers and sales people to reorganize their structure of project management. They were previously using Trello and Jira and lots of things were slipping through the cracks. Everyone was confused on where to find things and the friction of Jira coupled with the lack of features of Trello meant that no one really used either effectively or frequently. I spent a solid month or two getting trials of various other PM software tools and eventually found ClickUp. I was ok with a handful of others, but after going through all the pain points I had found in others, I couldn't find any in ClickUp. I'm also very confident that if I do find something I don't like about ClickUp, their dev team listens closely to the pulse of its user community and makes updates to improve the software quite frequently and so my voice will be heard. As of yet, I haven't heard any complaints from the team about using ClickUp and it helps everyone's suggestions for improvements be heard and implemented. Someone thought of a new status to include in a list? Boom, added. Someone had a suggestion for a custom field? It's in there in seconds. Someone has a good idea to include automation? There it is! Seriously, as someone who used to be dedicated to softwares like Asana, ClickUp is really next level and very worth it. Even the free version is super useful. Give it a go!

Pros

I greatly appreciate the customization features in ClickUp that allow me to tailor its functionality to suit each project across my team. ClickUp is easy to setup, customize and use which gives instant and easy buy-in when switching from other PM tools. The ClickUp team is constantly rolling out new features, listening to user suggestions and improving functionality all across the site and my team loves it!

Cons

The template system is a little counter-intuitive, but once you get the hang of it, it's easy breezey and saves a ton of time.

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

There were so many others that had some fairly chunky flaws, but ClickUp was the easiest to implement and use while not losing functionality. ClickUp's price is great as well.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

The team wasn't happy with the amount of friction present in Jira and the lack of functionality in Trello.

Cameron from Human_Code

Power and flexibility in an ever evolving production management package

Pros

Very flexible and versatile. Tons of customization options. Love that there's so many ways to view and work with tasks with such ease. It really is a swiss army knife that can take on the heavy lifting of so many other tools so it's exciting to be able to consolidate and simplifying some of the stack. The recently added automations are a great step towards even more power. I also love that they release new features every single week so it evolves very quickly and the transparent roadmap and voting system make it easy to help shape the product.

Cons

Because there is so many features the UI can be pretty overwhelming and inconsistent. I also find it very slow and sometimes buggy despite appearing deceptively lightweight. There's some limitations when it comes to access/permissions that might be an issue for enterprise level applications. The way custom fields are handled is absolutely terrible and unwieldy so make sure you "measure twice, cut once" when setting things up.

Adam from Spark Bookkeeping

Scaling a Bookkeeping Business

Our 4 member bookkeeping team is set up to work remotely. We were able to solve these problems: With more than 20 bookkeeping clients needing data entry and reconciliations every month, we needed to know what had been done so far, what was left to do, what is stopping us from doing something, what is the resolution for that stop. With ClickUp, we can jump on a Zoom call, look over open tasks, and overdue tasks and get them resolved.

Pros

This is the first task management/project management system I've used and it is very easy to understand. You can make it as complex or as simple as you need it to be. I like the ease of integrations and the ability to generate tasks very easily with Zapier. The dashboard views are very valuable and I use them daily!

Cons

It feels very slow at times. Most of my day time use can feel very sluggish. I'm on a 27" iMac with 24GB of ram, I may need more, but I only use Google Chrome 90% of the day. I don't have other programs open or running in the background. I do have about 20 tabs open but still, the other pages load much quicker than ClickUp. I have at least 1000 tasks in ClickUp spread out over 7 spaces and a hundred folders, but still, I need ClickUp (especially for business) to be faster. I do need more than just one layer of sub-tasks though. The checklists are good, but sometimes we just need one more layer. Also, your legacy recurring scheduling options are amazing and I'm not sure why it's no longer supported. It's perfect for our setup where we require recurring tasks to behave a specific way.

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

I was able to learn ClickUp for free and get my whole team using it right away and getting feedback from them along the way. I was able to try the business version for free as a trial and learn the benefits of upgrading. I saw clearly the Project Roadmap and the user interactions and their recommendations that were driving development. I saw quite a few bookkeepers and accountants chiming in and I decided that I would take the leap and watch ClickUp evolve and go along for the ride and UpVote those features I needed.

Brenna from Quillsilver Studio

Perfect project management system for my small business

It's been great! I really love it, and it quickly became an integral part of my workflow. It's the only platform I've found that offers everything I need without having to find other apps to fill in the cracks. It's really a one-stop solution for my small team. The customer service/outreach team is also great, and they are really responsive to questions and feedback.

Pros

It occupies this unique niche of still having a ton of functionality and granularity, without being unwieldy. We're a small company, just 3 employees, so most of the big project management softwares have features that we don't need at a price point that is too high. ClickUp has every feature that I was looking for to keep myself and my team on track day to day, measure our availability, and forecast out our projects. I've used most of the popular softwares and ClickUp is far the best.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve as you learn how the system handles hierarchies and terminology (like "spaces," "lists," "views," and how they're nested) but it only took me about a week to get comfortable with using it. The calendar is occasionally glitchy but this usually resolves quickly.

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

ClickUp is the only one that had all the features that I wanted at a price point that worked for my company.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

Easy Projects was too unwieldy for my uses as a small company. It's a good program but obviously designed for much larger teams than mine.

Jakob from Bitte wählen

Industry: Photography

Combining Calendar, Todoist, Trello and Evernote

Clickup has enabled me to clearly plan ahead, visualize short term achievements and long term goals with easy. That's game-changing. The fact that I have everything I need at my fingertips within this one product makes the processes involved that much more enjoyable.

Pros

It's so good to finally have one place that hosts a Calendar, To-Do's, Kanban and Wikis in one place. On top, it offers useful features for planning and following through that neither of the above has. The transition to ClickUp cost about three to four full days of work but that was totally worth it. The development and support are the best I've ever seen on any product. They really do listen to their user base and implement new features at a rapid pace, tweaking and refining existing ones and finding solutions for problems where I didn't even think there were possibilities.

Cons

The web clipper could be improved - Evernote is much more advanced here. The software is at times sluggish - in all browsers I tried. The mobile version for Android needs some serious overhaul but they're working on it and planning to roll it out later this summer. I am confident that this product will further improve.

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

They have the most extensive collection of tutorials and docs, their support is the best in the industry.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

I switched from Todoist+Trello because clickup combines all the features I need from those two platforms.

Bryce from OM

Excellent value, many included features

We have used Asana a lot in the past, but recently we had a new department do creative traffic jobs on a giant confusing Excel spreadsheet and it was difficult to keep track. Now we can have dozens of live projects and everyone knows where to find the latest information, comments and progress. As soon as ClickUp integrates Exchange email then we will consider using it as a help desk solution as well.

Pros

It works the way you need to work and offers unparalleled features for the price. Customer service has been super-fast and very friendly too. Customizing ClickUp is really easy with templates, forms and multiple spaces for different departments. We also REALLY appreciate the training materials, Gantt charts, guest access and automations too.

Cons

There are integrations we'd like to see like Exchange email, but we know Clickup are working on those, so looking forward progress. Thankfully their development team are very active on their Canny.io board. The interface is great, but could be slightly neater or more organised, but it is very customisable and that is a welcome benefit, so not really a complaint, just a wish.

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

ClickUp is excellent value, very customisable and has great team and guest features.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

We used Asana for many years, and it is a great product, but their pricing plans are greedy as they mostly charge in blocks of five users...got six people, then bad luck, you're paying for 10. That is outrageous and not a technical issue at all. We also felt the Asana price-bracket creep for extra features was poor value.

Lucas from Growwin Inteligência em Marketing

Completa e personalizável

Com ClickUp consigo tornar meus processos mais transparentes para os meus clientes. Gostamos de usar os formulários para permitir que os clientes criem novas demandas para a agência. Depois, o cliente pode acompanhar o status dessas tarefas. Toda semana fazemos uma chamada de vídeo para revisar o que foi feito e o que precisa ser realizado na semana atual, e deixamos todas as notas sobre a reunião num documento que reúne todas as revisões semanais, o que torna fácil se lembrar o que foi discutido com o cliente na semana passada.

Pros

ClickUp tem muitos recursos úteis em uma única ferramenta, e permite que eu personalize quais desses recursos quero ativar, dessa forma, se eu quero uma tela mais organizada e enxuta, só preciso desativar algumas funcionalidades que não vou usar. Em outros casos, quero utilizar todos os recursos e mesmo assim fica fácil de usar a ferramenta porque a interface é organizada e bonita, tornando a minha experiência de uso agradável. Meus projetos se encaixaram muito bem no ClickUP para acompanhar as tarefas e novas demandas que meus próprios clientes podem gerar através de um formulário público. Além disso, é surpreendente a velocidade que a ClickUp consegue entregar novas recursos e melhorias na ferramenta. Faz a gente sentir que o valor investido na ferramenta vale cada centavo.

Cons

ClickUp foi desenhado para ser modular, tornando fácil para que as pessoas possam configurar da maneira que mais agrada, mas toda essa liberdade me faz pensar que alguns módulos como dashboard ficaram mais deslocadas. Além disso ainda não há uma organização fácil de arquivos por pastas, e o chat não permite separar conversas por tópicos como no Slack, por exemplo. Também gostaria que a tela de caixa de entrada tivesse recursos e aparência similar ao Todoist.

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

ClickUp tem vários recursos que eu buscava em outras plataformas, porém nenhuma delas tinha todos os recursos de uma vez, por exemplo, Todoist tem uma excelente interface para gerenciar tarefas mas não tem visualizações em kanban, Gantt, etc. Asana tem visualizações variadas, mas fica muito caro quando precisamos de uma visão de portfólio. Proofhub tem recursos completos, mas não tem a flexibilidade e nem uma interface bonita como o ClickUp tem.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

Asana é caro e não tem tantos recursos úteis quanto ClickUp.

Couldn't Live without Clickup!

Amazing; highly recommended (and we've tried all of the project management tools out there!)

Pros

Clickup is a lifesaver. They say you shouldn't build a product that "does everything" but these developers fly in the face of that logic and WE love it! No app before it has had the flexibility and feature-rich setup that we require, while also being intuitive and user friendly. They are continually adding improvements to an already robust system and I am so impressed with them. We love their goals feature, their extreme flexibility with how to use and view data (kanban, lists, cal, gnatt, timeline, etc.) and their overall vision for project management - we're super fans!

Cons

They can always work on reducing clicks for the user. I'd love for them to really consider priority management and how to make this easier within their system. Also, higher-level planning features within their system would be great!

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

more features, but also intuitive and easy to use

Needed more structure

Andrea from Sprucestone Design Co.

A Wonderful Addition to a Web Designer's Toolbox

ClickUp is a welcome tool to my web design business's toolbox. It offers basic and advanced task and project management (you can make it as intricate as you see fit). With the recent launch of Dashboards and Forms, it's completely changed the way we run our client interaction - and simplified it. Less is more when it comes to managing client-facing interaction and information. ClickUp has allowed SDCo. to present useful information and communication in a singular space knocking customer confusion down a few notches. In my box, that takes the cake. ClickUp is not a Database format platform. For Database style information management we implement the embedding features of ClickUp and basically continue to use ClickUp as our business management hub bringing our databases and client-facing customer management into one easy to navigate (and monitor) space.

Pros

What is there honestly not to love about the ClickUp platform? It's got the best of everything - and we've tried a ton of project, task, and productivity platforms. Finding ClickUp was a total game-changer. The flexibility of the platform, the native integrations, as well as third-party integrations are superb and more is being added each day. You'll be hard-pressed to find a platform that gives you this much bang for your buck.

Cons

The team at ClickUp is working around the clock to push out updates to beta runs of their features. It's pretty hard to find a Con when there's so much they're taking on board and they are honestly handling it like pros. They are mindful to not push features without thinking them through.

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

ClickUp is feature-rich so you need to consider that when you first sign up. It's loaded. You need to take your time to focus on what you/your business really needs out of the platform and take it step by step. It's great for businesses of all sizes and much less restricting in functionality than platforms like Monday.com and Asana - especially when it comes to addional user permissions thoughout. Collaboration was the primary reason for switching, and in the end, there are legitimately way too many reasons to list here as to why it's still a key player in our studio's day-to-day operations. It's hard to imagine running things without it at this point.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

ClickUp is really working towards being accessible to all business sizes and permitting white label - which is just as important to small businesses as it is to large businesses. The support is top-notch, and the developers are always taking our suggestions and feedback into consideration and implementation of the product as a whole.

Leon from Pawer Studios

I really want ClickUp to dominate my life.

I love ClickUp, and I use it daily. I've had my fair share of days in which all I'm doing is overseeing my team's progress through ClickUp, managing and organising tasks for the present and for the future so everyone can be as productive as possible. Lately, I'm attempting to bring a few clients in so they can at least keep tabs on their projects' current status and have more information about what we need from them. There are a few clear obstacles in that regard (localisation, as I mentioned, but also how strictly limiting ClickUp can be on guests and guest accounts), but I can see a future in which this will be much easier indeed.

Pros

I like how much can be done with ClickUp, how much power it gives me over how my tasks are displayed and interacted with, and generally how adaptive it is to the myriad of workflows companies may have. I like how everything can be customised and organised in very specific ways.

Cons

Most glaringly, the lack of localisation makes it harder not only for colleagues but also for clients to be involved. In the same light, the lack of a localised pricing policy also has me a hostage of political-economical fluctuations and often makes the software price skyrocket. The team has often offered me discounts, however, which made for a better experience overall, but it would be interesting to see fixed prices that are more in line with the specific reality of my country.

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

Pivotal was ugly, and it only gave me Agile, while other workflows were more appropriate for our situation (we're currently in a transitional sort of hybrid state between waterfall/kanban and Agile, but the beautiful thing is we don't ever have to fully transition if it's not interesting to us because ClickUp is so adaptive).

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

I wouldn't so much say "switch", but mostly I use Trello for simpler workflows and easier viewing and interaction, because it, unfortunately, is still one advantage of Trello over ClickUp, but I did bring my team to ClickUp from Trello because of how much organising power ClickUp gave me.

Daniel from AyurMedia

Efficient Projectmanagement Tool

I was using Gqueues, Checkvist, Targetprocess in paid versions before and they are good in the scope they are managing, but clickup integrates it all in one interface and works well between desktop and mobile. its consistent and easy to use and simple lists as a starting point. Targetprocess is more powerful in terms of kanban boards but also very complicated and less feedback for collaboration. using states and other features i am hardly using boards in clickup and i am very productive, but clickup is working to improve boards at some point. as it is the same database behind you can manage your projects in different views and pick the one which fits best in that situation. checkvist and gqueues are good tools but limited in scope and get into trouble if you manage bigger projects and get inefficient. clickup can be used to manage projects for business and private tasks seamlessly, so you can have your own personal list of all projects sorted by duedate and priority and workflow state, and still have restricted views in projects and lists with clients where they can only see a part of your clickup data. even your timesheet can be set personal, so that the client does not see the raw numbers. most features feel intutitive and fit my way of working. it helps me be more productive. also the chromeplugins lets you add bookmarks of pages easily so it also replaced my old bookmark solution, and now i can can schedule my "read later" and turn bookmarks into reasearch.

Pros

All your tasks are in one place and you can start as simple as one list and then structure them in bigger folders and projects. It is easy to share lists with clients to share progress and enable feedback and collaboration. Using dates on tasks you can have a daily list of todos over all your projects and never get lost in what is high priority. The tool is very flexible and you can define your own states and workflows and make it simple or complex.

Cons

It is still new software compared to other project management tools on the market, so some features are missing or not so smooth, but clickup is constantly developing and improving the user interface and adds useful features.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

Clickup is more easy to uses, better userinterface, and more efficient overall. It manages better to mix personal Daily tasks with strictly planned projects with clients.

Mark from flocc

Really is one product to rule them all

Excellent - very good customer service, good product, a few teething issues with V2, but they have gone - very pleased.

Pros

A lot of products out there do certain things well - task lists - scheduling - CRM etc, but then they reach a shuddering full stop. We haven't found that point yet with Clickup and the constant innovation means that we are always pleased with the way it develops and changes.

Cons

We have been desperate for a resource scheduler and project budget planner since the moment we starting using it. Streamtime (a rival) does this very well, but just that. The Streamtime features in with Clickup would add the magic to make it a unicorn for us

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

It was the one that just did what it needed to do very well and we didnt meet any 'full stop' points as to why we couldnt use it. Streamtime has no comment or file features, Monday can embed things - they just all have something that didnt work, other than Clickup

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

Trello just wasnt complex and granular enough to show project lifescycles. You effectively need a board in a board and it didnt work.

Jorge from Musala Soft

Great software, endless possibilities.

I have obtained very good results using the SCRUM approach, since there are different ways to organize and achieve an elegant and simple process. Anyone, dedicating no more than 2 hours, can understand and use ClickUp in their business or their daily life.

Pros

One of the main characteristics of this software is its EASE OF USE, it allows you to focus on what is really important without neglecting the correct use of a methodology. Due to the above, the integration with our business model is excellent. In addition to having a series of functionalities that intelligently address the different processes that take place in any company, for example: - Control of the flow of development of various tasks by states. - Goals & Portfolios - Easy communication and reference to certain people on the team from any part of the application.

Cons

I am using the desktop version, and I have experienced: - Small performance issues, when I switch between different views, even if I have been there before, I suppose a caching strategy is being used but I think it could be revised/improved. - Real time is another of the main characteristics, but sometimes, the Goals view does not update when your objective tasks change state, regardless of the time, sometimes it is necessary to go to another view and then return.

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

For the same reasons that I stopped using Jira, and also because the other competing products have good functionalities but bad UI, or high prices, or poor integration.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

Ease of use, elegant UI, wide variety of functionalities and easy integration, best prices.

Matt from Strolid

Seriously, outstanding job.

I use ClickUp purely for myself and I only use it for work related tasks, projects, and emails. I also have a small development team which I manage with Pivotal Tracker. Your feature set is growing into something I may move my dev team onto, but transferring all the notes, comments, etc will be the biggest obstacle.

Pros

It works really well, has extensions/add-ons, looks clean, is very customizable, and the rate you provide quality feature updates is mind blowing.

Cons

I was an IQTell user (RIP) one feature I miss the most where ClickUp struggles was a set of hotkeys and preset actions for processing lists at an extremely fast pace. For example, you could configure actions i.e "Create Next Action", "Delete", "Link to Action" and bind them to number keys. If I were viewing and email I could press "1" then "E" which would create a task and prompt me for a field or two. You could also process an inbox full of "quick notes" in a matter of minutes. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I don't feel like ClickUp allows for task processing at that place. Secondly, I get that the value is in the team related features, but a guy can wish. It would be nice to have a "solo" layout that disables the growing list of sharing options in the UI along with the multiple workspaces.

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

Feature set. Software vs add-on.

They went belly up.

Danny from Concrete Marketing Crew

Great project management tool for fast growing digital marketing agencies

Easier on-boarding, project management, reporting, team management and client communication! Each client gets access to their own "client support form" that's directly integrated to their project.

Pros

We moved from teamwork to clickup because the ease of use, flexibility, customization, reporting, tracking, and so much more... Life has been easier since using clickup. We loved the capabilities of teamwork, but it seemed that we needed to keep adding integrations to get our work done. In comparison to monday, trello, asana, we found clickup to be the most complete tool for our needs. We've established project templates, list templates, on-boarding, process documentation, reporting, notifications, and communication, and life got easier right out of the gate. Support is pretty responsive during business hours, and always gets back to you during non-business hours. For the price and flexibility, you just can't beat clickup. Test all the project management systems up for yourself and you let me know if you find a better solution with the flexibility, capability and tools for the price.

Cons

Chat functionality. We were using teamwork chat and loved the stand alone chat app. We had to get slack - this has been the only con.

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

Most complete PM tool with the capabilities we needed to streamline and scale our operations.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

Integrations needed for reporting, costs per user.

Ace from Blue Star Integrative Studio Inc

Industry: Architecture & Planning

An Architect's ClickUp Review

Been beautiful times. I like push my software to perform as well as I do. I constantly question what the best way to use a tool is given the context surrounding it and the work. This platform is built to feel so flexible and powerful that my performance obsession is very satisfied.

Pros

The impact this software has had and might have was apparent immediately. The levels of customization will be intimidating to Type B personalities and the inflexible. Gauge how much of that you're working with prior to going in. As a person trying to manage complex, phases projects, the ability to tag and customize almost everything I see in this app is beautiful. Loving their constant updates and feature release. Always a sign I made the right choice on the app when it feels like developers care because the people care.

Cons

A lot of the complaints I have are already on their own internal to-do list. Things like resource planning are rolling out. The gantt chart feature isn't as flexible as the one in Asana. With every task taking up it's own, entire row on the gantt chart, I can't actually see the large amount of tasks and events I was used to in that app in a gantt view.

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

Features for the price. Bang for the buck. The attention to detail and energy of community. Stood out.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

They got some of the basics right, but when it came time to track customizable data within a large variety of types of views of that data, they can't come close. Plus, the Google Calendar integration on Asana was a joke. Been using ClickUp and Google Calendars together for months now and it's deliciously right.

Adrianna from S.M.S. Security and Management Systems Sp. z o.o.

ClickUp - software that changes with our business

Possibility of simple data operations. We are able to create a functional customer base with full descriptions of potential clients. ClickUp changes as dynamically as our company and flexibly adapts to our needs.

Pros

- easy task sorting - fluid filtering option - searching tasks with ease

Cons

- software lags when it needs to process large amount of tasks - when filtering, forcing US date format despite setting European format - choosing several filters needs a lot of clicking - the ability to choose your own filter formulas

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

- price - the option of choosing a free account to try out the software - unlike on monday.com where after 14 days our test account has been blocked so overall we could not fully test out the possibilities of the software before paying for the account

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

- too many restrictions - more freedom and possibilites on ClickUp - development dynamics - adding features dynamically

Bakari from Bakari Writes

Addresses Nearly All My Task Management Issues

My experience with ClickUp has been very positive. I was able to import most my tasks in Todoist, the previous test manager I used, into ClickUp, and then clean up and organize those tasks where needed. ClickUp has a very attentive support staff that answers questions within 24 hours. So far I haven’t had any technical problems with ClickUp.

Pros

For years I struggled with task managers that only provided a linear view of tasks, with typically no calendar integration. I used several different test managers, but only when I stumbled upon ClickUp have I found nearly all the features I need for creating and organizing my tasks and projects. ClickUp contain a boatload of powerful features for viewing tasks in board, calendar, and this views. I like how I can create templates for the various ways I organize my tasks, and the application is equally great for enabling users to favor and pin selected lists and views for easier access. Furthermore, nearly each week ClickUp releases new updates for features that I never thought I would need. ClickUp is essentially my digital brain for the recurring tasks and projects that I need to get down on a daily and weekly basis. I get access to tons of features for only $60 a year. I think the price is reasonable and affordable.

Cons

The one important feature missing in ClickUp is that it for some reason doesn’t include reminders feature. I would like to be able to tag a reminder the triggers before a task is due. Though it’s great that ClickUp for start and end dates, that is as useful as setting reminders, which can be done in other task managers.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

Todoist only offers a linear list view of tasks. While it’s a very well designed application, it’s limited in terms of how tasks can be created and organized. Todoist offers no calendar view or integration, nor can you display tasks in a board view, similar to what you find in Trello and Asana. ClickUp has a robust board view that allows you to create custom statuses for different steps in a project’s workflow. I like Todoist, but I seriously grew out of it.

Jay from Spark Development Network

The Ultimate Productivity Tool

To clarify - I am using ClickUp on a paid plan with my wife for our personal and internal business needs. I don't use ClickUp at work but hope to be part of that migration someday. We're currently on Asana which feels very basic, but that decision was made before I joined the company. We've had a wonderful experience using the tool so far and it's helped us to get organized in so many different areas. I don't know what we would do without ClickUp. My wife rolls her eyes when she tells me about something and I respond with "Put it in ClickUp!".

Pros

ClickUp supports nearly anything you can imagine with flexible configuration, content types and views. No restrictions are in place regarding how to use the tool; the sandbox is simply provided.

Cons

Finding and using Docs was a bit confusing until the recent update which helped a ton. I also haven't had the best experience on mobile; it looks great and works in a pinch but sometimes there's performance issues.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

At my previous work position I used Notion to collaborate with team members and while their docs are pretty configurable we ran into issues setting up complex boards and task lists. Eventually we migrated to Azure DevOps for our scrum & task tracking. I was also using Notion for personal use but the free tier was limiting and the paid tier was too expensive for just me or my wife. ClickUp has a great free tier and a reasonable paid tier for small groups... plus I felt like I was getting Notion docs, Azure DevOps boards, and more under the same roof.

Matthew from YMCA of Southwestern Ontario

Industry: Program Development

One App to Replace them All - Regular Updates from user feedback Have me Hooked!

I have become a champion of this product to others. I never knew how hyped up I could be about a task manager but Clickup showed me. I dont invest in places, but I could see myself investing in Clickup.

Pros

Where to begin, this is the most feature packed tool I have seen in this space. What is amazing though at the same time is how by only using a few features can work while still being clean. I love the extensability within a team at varying levels of digital literacy. I can onboard people in about 30 minutes for everything they need to do, create onboarding templates, and go as deep personally as dependencies. It connects to apps that I use.

Cons

The Zapier app integration is pretty hard to work with and use, but that also may be that I have not used it too much.

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

Features keep rolling out, guided by users feedback.

Andres from Copart

In Love - Clickup is a GAME CHANGER at a very reasonable price point

Overall, very positive. I can't recommend ClickUp enough to everyone I know. It's what a productivity tool / project management app should be, especially once you configure it for your use case. Aside from that, the company is on point. Great customer service and sales staff; responsive across the board. They really have a community of users that they listen to. A LOT of companies could learn from ClickUp.

Pros

The pace at which they ship new features (without major bugs) is astounding and very cool. Because of that pace, ClickUp is packed with great features, it is truly everything we were looking for. It just works. Our team has been so much more productive ever since we adopted ClickUp!

Cons

It has a bit of a learning curve. We have used many similar tools so it was a bit easier for us. Another thing is that you really need to plan out what you want before you start using it so that you can take advantage of templates and stuff. If you get too far into configuration and realize your workflow could be better another way, then it can be a pain to change everything. Also, I think the reporting could be much better. It is good, and better than a lot of their competitors but I thin kit is hyped as being this amazing full reporting suite and it could be better in a lot of ways.

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

The most features for the best value and it could be customized for our usecase well.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

We switched from Asana to Flow and found that Clickup had all the best features of both and much more.

Kaz from Formline Group

Clickup Review

Just absolutely amazing. I do not see life without Clickup and nor to I ever want to see life without Clickup. Everyone calls me a Clickup salesperson because I rave about you guys so much. Overall experience is just awesome and each feature release gives me another spark of joyyyy.

Pros

EVERYTHING! super user friendly and incredibly functional, this software has brought our team productivity to a new level. Absolutely love the transparency this brings to the team, everyone can see everything from any view, it's a dropbox for company docs etc. Just love the fact that everything is live (espesh for docs - just have the one version that is always up to date, has history and cool functions with text editing), love the dashboards too - so easy to create and bring a visual meaning to important statistics. Love the inbox feature and the 'profile' feature where you can see inside someone else's inbox. Love the portfolios, love the dependencies (this has helped massively in putting pressure on people that need to complete tasks in order for someone else to do something. they can actually see the blockage in a visual form). LOOOOOVE the Friday feature release and the pace at which your company is growing and building your platform.

Cons

Hard to find anything I don't like about Clickup, I am the biggest raving fan, however a couple of things I would like the see: - lock widgets in place on dashboards once you're happy with the layout. I'm finding that when other users in my team view the dashboard they accidentally move a widget and it puts it all out of whack and then takes me a while to get the layout right again. Would be awesome to lock it once I've created it so this doesn't happen. - print feature - would love to be able to easily print gant charts and lists etc. - meeting agenda feature? (we use portfolios at the moment) but would love like a meeting room or something where you can go in and link all the tasks and relevant things that you want to discuss in that meeting.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

Didn't like the fact you couldn't tag dates and see when things were overdue + other limitations (only one view).

Sam from Information Services

Industry: Program Development

Great software that can be used for nearly any segment

Overall, I've tried a majority of the project management tools in the marketplace. I've used both start up and enterprise level platforms and Clickup is a great tool that bridges both sides. Outside of reporting, it has done nearly everything I've wanted. It has tracked my general to-do list, as well as mapping out larger projects. The tool overall is robust and has done most of the things I have wanted. Clickup is also taking a lot of feedback, iterating on their tool, and rolling out features at a breakneck pace to round out the offerings, which for me has been awesome.

Pros

The ability to use a list, a board, and so on has made it a lot easier to segment areas of the tool to make sure it can conform. For example, using two different lists, you may have one area that uses waterfall as it's default way of doing work, but you can also have another list that is using a Kanban board with their own specific statuses. With those areas all being potentially different, having it rollup to an "Everything" view gives great visibility.

Cons

The custom fields were recently released, but it was a fairly limited release. Although it is currently being worked on so it's more functionality and robust, that has been one of the least favorite features released recently. The other aspect has been the reports. They are a bit confusing to build for a respective dashboard. I'm a data geek and love to see how things look from a high level and it can be difficult to make a report that does that.

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

Clickup has allowed me to do both waterfall and agile methods. With that, it has allowed me to manage a project in a way that made sense for the project. One key item for me has been the ability to have children projects (or a Program that housed projects, in project terms), from which the projects within that program can have different views, with different statuses.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

It was suggested I try it out and I love new technology so I signed up and tested it.

Patrick from Blue Goo Enterprises, LLC

Industry: Mining & Metals

So many options and features!

My goal with ClickUp was to have a better way to keep track of my various consulting projects that consist of different milestones and due dates etc. It has helped me do that as well as keeping better track of the projects in general, since I can attach files and checklists to the tasks.

Pros

I am a big fan of integrations and connecting various software together, and ClickUp has a solid amount of really useful add-ons. The internal connections are great as well, such as being able to link tasks together and set dependencies. I like that there is a lot of flexibility in what to include on a given task, and various ways to see the task list such as cards and timeline views. I find that whenever I think "I wish ClickUp could do this" a little poking around shows that it can in fact do what I wanted, so it's really well thought-out and comprehensive to meet most needs.

Cons

I do wish it was a little easier to get around the software; for example, I have a few different "Spaces" set up and I don't often switch between them, so when I do I have to fumble around a bit before I figure out where to go to make the switch. Having so many features and options is a blessing and a curse - though I like the options available, sometimes I feel a bit overwhelmed. I often think that I need to go through some more tutorials and re-configure my spaces to be more optimal, but have yet to do so.

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

The high degree of functionality and price were the main drivers.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

Clickup seemed more feature-rich and a better price for the same functionality as the paid version of Trello.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 2,226 reviews